Vagaro Logo

3.3K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.25/10

Reviews by rating

I love the way you can customize your subscription to meet whatever needs you have in your space. The site and app are easy to navigate and I love all of the reports that are available to me.
This has been the first program that I used to start my business with, and it is super user friendly for any beginner business owner and current to keep track on your progress.
Clients love how easy it is to book appointments online. Love how you can customize confirmation notifications for clients.
I had some trouble refreshing the page and getting linked to another site. There was a lot of advertisement for other companies, so I also got distracted at times.
Needs Apple Pay support desperately, especially in this era of COVID-19, this is a glaring omission.
Switched to Vagaro from Booker and I hate it but I’m trapped.

3,379 reviews

Marissa G.

owner

Good for online promotions

Transcript

Marissa: Hi. I'm Marissa. I'm the owner of a wellness center. I give Vagaro five out of five stars. For...

CM

Christie M.

Owner

Sports, self-employed

Makes My Business & Life Scheduling Much Easier

Transcript

Christie: Hi, I'm Christie. I'm an entrepreneur in the sporting industry. And I give Vagaro a four out...

Sean A T.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good value for the price

Pros

I set this software up for a massage therapist shop. It was for an individual who needed to contract out 2 services, yoga and massage therapy. In order to do that, we had to buy 2 subscriptions what was sort of a pain. However, the ease of use of software was great. There's integration into yelp and facebook. It integrates right into your google calendar which is super important for people that are...

Cons

It was really hard to setup multiple services within the shop. I had to setup yoga and massage under 2 different employees but the same name, with 2 different google calendars. It was really messy. It works best when you have employees and can set them up under services they provide, if your solo and provide more than 1 service that aren't related, its hard.

KB

Keyone B.

Hospitality, self-employed

Oh how I love Vagaro!!

A few words : EXCELLENT, STREAMLINED SERVICE AND MAKES MY DAY FLOW

Pros

I love how streamlined it has become in my work/life balance. It's almost like my boss dictating when I can or cannot have the day off. It just helps in many ways with me mapping out my day and as a big plus I can link it with my Apple Watch.

Cons

Honestly I'll need a while to think about if I had any complaints in the past but for now I'm just gonna enjoy my experience.

AT

Amber T.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Vagaro Is a horrible software, We have asked them repeatedly to remove the false reviews!!!!!

Horrible, Horrible Horrible Horrible Software

Pros

Not much, constant complaints on the online booking, outages, fake reviews

Cons

Arrogant, rude, will not fake plant reviews, I don't want reviews period. I trust Google for my reviews, not some podunk reviews from plant clients.

Hello, Thank you for reaching out to us. At Vagaro, we strive to maintain a standard that ensures fairness and accuracy in all business reviews. If you believe that your review doesn't align with our review standards outlined here: [https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/205167680-Business-Review-Standards-in-Vagaro], please don't hesitate to contact our team for assistance with the matter. If you prefer not to display reviews on your Vagaro page, our premium feature MySite offers the option to remove them from your website.

Markell D.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Happy Stylist and Customer

Pros

The ease of use, it wasn’t a headache trying to use the program.

Cons

I haven’t had the chance to dislike anything about Vagaro just yet.

CC

Chermaine C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great Scheduling platform

Pros

Its easy for clients to book appointments.

Cons

Its not as popular as other platforms that clients are accustomed to using.

SV

Sara V.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Easy Scheduling Software

Pros

User-friendly interface, appropriate amount of reminders for my appointments.

Cons

No major issues for me with Vagaro. Easily able to schedule my hair appointments for years using this software.

MK

Marnie K.

Design, 1-10 employees

Simple and ease of use

Pros

The simplicity of the app. I am able to easily cross check schedules with appointments using Vagaro

Cons

It can take quite a bit to load and sometimes can be glitchy.

JN

Jae N.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Super easy to yse

Pros

So easy for booking clients, it’s a few clicks and they’re booked

Cons

Takes a little while to get use to using the system

RR

Ricardo R.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great way to book a relaxing mental health day with trusted companies

Pros

I liked finding local places to get spa treatments or massages. It showed me reputable businesses and I saw a lot of good photos to know what to expect.

Cons

I saw some nice spas in my city that are not on Vagaro. Not all places seem to be listed.

AC

Alexandra C.

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy to use! (and edit)

Great both on computer and mobile device. Super easy to use!

Pros

Love when the places I need to schedule an appointment at use Vagaro. It's super easy to pick a date and time and see the available appointments. I am able to sync it with my calendar for an extra reminder, get schedule updates, and easily edit or cancel appointments I've made.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about this app!

MG

Marissa G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

After 7 years with another booking software, we switched to Vagaro in 2019 and have been very happy

We really like Vagaro. We have improved/streamlined our online booking thanks to it.

Pros

The interface is easy to navigate and is much more client-user friendly than other booking software. And Daily Deals are great!

Cons

Vagaro still doesn't have a lot of little features/extensions that would make doing business even easier, but they keep adding new things, which is helpful.

FF

Felicia F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

My clients and myself love Vagaro!

Vagaro has been great. Even when My website domain host offered a booking site through them, they admitted theirs can't compare to everything Vagaro can do.

Pros

I love that I don't have to be a slave to my phone. I don't have to go back and forth with clients, "how bout this time? or this time? or this time?" they can just get online and see all my openings! I don't (often) have to leave my clients in the middle of appointments to book another one. When i'm off/busy i set my work phone to driving mode, directing my clients to book online. The reminder texts are a God Sent according to my clients and compliments very well the ability to set my clients up on a rotating schedule which is also very convenient! Oh, and the dashboard is a great tool to track busy times, slow times and number of clients, repeat clients and if they're booking online or not

Cons

I don't know if this is already a feature or something I need to do on my end through my phone but it'd be very useful if i got some sort of sound notification, a ding of some sort, when someone booked online so i would be aware of it when i'm super busy and think I know my schedule and end up telling a walk-in to come back when I think I have a gap in my day but it's been filled online. I do wish...

BM

Benjamin M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Exactly what I was looking for

Before Vagaro, we had one system for point of sale, one system for booking and a third for customer information management. We wanted a system that would do all of that and move our business to the next level. Vagaro was the answer to that, bar none. To have everything in one software package eliminates errors we were making when entering in things in multiple places previously. The reporting is top notch and the ability to access everything remotely from our phones and see appointments and transactions in real-time is a great benefit.

Pros

We were looking for one single system that could do everything for our business. Point of sale, booking, inventory, online booking, excellent reporting, custom forms, email/text marketing, etc. Vagaro has it all. It's one complete package that we can access remotely and via our phones at any time.

Cons

While this software was made mostly for Salons with numerous Stylists (Service Providers), it took a big of tweaking and being creative when setting it up for us. With us being a Sauna Studio, clients don't book people, they book actual rooms. There was a little bit of a learning curve on how to set that up properly but it works brilliantly now. I wish there was a little more customization on some deep settings, but all in all, I can't complain at all.

Hi Benjamin, thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

MW

Melinda W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Vagaro is an INCREDIBLE deal & service!

Vagaro is hands down the best!! We thought we needed to switch to Mindbody recently (because a handful of nearby studios used them), and we were back in just TWO weeks because Mindbody's software and customer service were unbelievably awful. Vagaro has superior customer service, intuitive system use, MUCH better user-interface, and overall an excellent staff and customer experience! Our clients were SO happy when we switched back to Vagaro :)

Pros

It's easy to use, customer service is always available and helpful (even if they can't solve your request right away, they get back to you), our customers LOVE the ease of the program, and it's actually affordable!

Cons

I do wish you could check people in to a class and if someone didn't show, it would register as like 7/8 in the class count after checkout so we could see the "realtime" class attendance.

Hi Melinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you and your clients love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

MR

Michelle R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Vagaro Love (it's a real thing)

Great, great. I love Vagaro. Like, sincerely hands-down I am fan all the way. It's format is user friendly for my clients and my staff to learn. The vagaro university on YouTube is so useful. Of course, their customer service rocks. The learning curve with my previous CRM was painful and long. Vagaro is a joy to work with.

Pros

The customer service. The majority of reps are great and very helpful. I also love the a la carte pricing, it makes it so much more affordable and you can add what you need as you grow. I also love how they are consistently adding new features. I also feel like they listen to user feedback and implement changes. Vagaro University on Youtube is great! The electronic forms are a lifesaver to help enforce our cancellation/refund policy. Thanks to Vagaro I could run my business with peace of mind and be seen as more professional by the public.

Cons

I wish the logging in part was faster for the client and also it feels like the experience is more on vagaro than our brand. I would like the option to create a brand app more affordable. Also, if a client already has an account from another user, it erases the information placed it by me and makes me start all over. I would also like the client to add their mailing address and date of birth on their intake. The mailing address is an important aspect of our marketing. I wish the star rating on employees could be a feature that could be turned off or on. At times, it makes it hard for newer therapists to get bookings.

Hello Michelle. We appreciate your review. If you would like to discuss these issues further, please reach out to reviews@vagaro.com. Thanks so much for the kind words!

MV

Mike V.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Great Scheduling System for both provider and clients

I have been using Vagaro for about a decade now. I would say that if your looking for a scheduling system and the ability to have your clients book online and also receive reminders than Vagaro is perfect for you.

Pros

I like that fact that clients can schedule anytime. I also like the fact that on my voice mail I inform new and existing clients of the website. This is very helpful because I can't always answer the phone. This gives the clients more option and the ability to look at my schedule and make an appointment that meets the clients needs.

Cons

It was difficult using the Merchant Services to take payments. The price was in line with some of the other providers such as Square. Before taking payments from clients, I wanted to make sure it work. I used my debit card to charge $1.00. After I did that and started taking payments they froze my account, noting that I violated the Merchant Service agreement. It took several months to get this resolved....

MG

Maria G.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Efficacy of Vagaro is powerful for small businesses

My experience is satisfactory. Customer service is helpful. The resolution timeframe is fast. Overall function is effecient.

Pros

Vagaro is a powerful tool for small businesses.

Cons

I want the system to list the business address for the location in the appointment reminders. Also I want vagaro to allow administrators to personalize the Personal Task time off. The selections are to narrow.

MC

Maria C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Booking System !

I really love this booking system . I find it easy to use and reliable. I also love the chat feature. If I don't understand something or need help with something or just plain forgot how to do something Vagaro tech support is there to help. I first got it because I needed a website ASAP to look professional. I also needed a reliable booking system for myself and my clients. it has increased client...

Pros

The ease of use, and the fact that clients get repeat reminders. It has increased client retention. It also shows new clients that I am serious about the business. The website was so easy to set up.

Cons

It does not work with Square. I was using Square before I started with Vagaro. I love Square too. I think the ability to text blast would be great. I know it takes me days to read my own email. A text is read that day. I do wish I had more space on the website. I do offer more services than the average cosmetologist. I also wish there was an easier way to get products that I sell into Vagaro. I think this should be something that Booking systems and beauty companies work on together. it would be great if you could just dropa Dermalogica App into Vagaro. When prices change all products are updated. and so on . Any product line that a salon or spa could use should have something to just ad in easy peasy.

SF

Samantha F.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

My salon has used this software since we opened almost 4 years ago, absolutely love it.

The salon benefits tremendously from using this software. First being, salon operations. The overall smooth running of the salon. With the booking block scheduling, color coordinated services, customized services, and application/processing time being adjustable, it just makes the salon run so much smoother. The service providers never struggle with their time management thanks to vagaro. Each service...

Pros

The online booking feature is a MUST with our clients, they absolutely love it. Also, the fact that you can have your website attached, a beautiful website at that. The ease of entering in all of our services into the service menu, our prices, and individual time intervals per service and per provider. But, the BEST thing about vagaro, is the ease of paper work. We do our daily tally and weekly tally...

Cons

There are really only a few things that I like the least about Vagaro. One would be, the system issues, especially with the credit card processing. When we first opened we were using vagaro as our merchant as well for our credit cards, and we had nothing but issues. Even now, I get the texts whenever there is a software malfunction, and it seems most of the malfunction is with credit card processing....

SF

Stephanie F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Initially Good, then overall decline in application

Initially, it was really good, however, about 6 months ago there was a major upgrade, and the application has declined and seems to have many issues within their marketing campaign, forms, and syncing between locations.

Pros

Initially, we needed to track our customers packages, gift cards, and appointments. Scheduling, reminders and forms for services were also an important feature.

Cons

We are required by our insurance company to have forms for each service and forms have been an issue by not sending out to customers, saying they are filled out when they are not. Additionally, the marketing campaign feature (emails/text) does not provide you with correct data. What they say will be "Announced" does not match what was processed and text messages are sent DAYS after it was announced....

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We've taken note of the issues you've experienced with our service. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve these issues. If there's anything specific you'd like us to address or if you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. We're committed to ensuring that your experience with our software meets your expectations.

SS

Scott S.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Total salon management suite at a very reasonable price.

Since I am independent contractor and responsible for booking my own appointments, this really frees up a lot of time that I would have to spend on the phone booking and confirming appointments. Also helps me keep track of so many aspects of my business so I know at a glance what needs to be addressed, how and when. I have considered using other options and even signed up for a couple of trials but in the end I have stayed with Vagaro because nothing else has impressed me enough to switch.

Pros

Many available features and you only pay for what you need to use. Very intuitive interface and comprehensive online tutorials to help if you need help. I work in a salon with others who don't use salon management software and still do everything "old school". I am amazed at how much more time they spend on the things that Vagaro simply takes care of for me such as allowing my clients to book their own appointments online 24/7 and sending reminders and confirming appointments. I keeps track of my retail inventory and lets me know when I need to reorder and the customization of reports really help me see what areas of my business need attention.

Cons

When I recently changed salons and starting booth renting for the first time, I was advised by Vagaro that my client information would be transferred to my new Vagaro account with the previous salon owners permission. However, once I set up the new account the only thing that was transferred was client names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and appointment notes. NO CLIENT HISTORY AT ALL!...

SY

Sarry Y.

Retail, self-employed

Give it a go

I just wish there was a little more to Vagaro when it comes to business essentials. It is really important for owners to track their numbers without having to do extra work and I just wish there was more there. I also wish that texting was a part of the program seeing as how contactless is the way to go but to charge an arm and a leg is a bit much. I get that new ideas are coming up and the actual subscription isn't expensive, but don't up-charge us because technology changes and you see it as a way to get money from us. I also wish there was an option for split payments of more than one credit card. I wish that they did NOT charge a fee for us to accept credit card tips. A few ideas and ways to help.

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use and it allows us to check our schedules anytime

Cons

There are always pros and cons, for me sometimes it's the reliability that bothers me. Sometimes appointments will not show and clients get a confirmation which is frustrating. I also don't like the way the company handles its credit card processing especially during covid, it would be nice not to have to pay an extra free when it comes to storing cards in the system. I also didn’t like how little resources there are for reports or how little the software offers you a boost when you pay for a service to "get noticed" otherewise everything is pretty standard.

Thank you for your review, if you have any ideas about how we can improve the software you can share them at feedback.vagaro.com

JL

Joanne L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Evaluated by a massage therapist with 25 years experience.

Very positive. The company upgrades their product when needed adding user friendly comprehensive features that enhance the users experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use Vagaro for online and mobile booking for both the owner and client. COLOR CODING: I like the use of color bands to show confirmed, show, no show etc. it helps me keep track at a glance. CHECK OUT: The check out is also very easy with all options for payment available. If you like keeping track of customers paying with MasterCard, Visa etc this option is available. This was not...

Cons

If you need to shut off the online feature (which I've needed to do during Covid) you can't last I checked. Plus, I'm in the process of downsizing toward retirement. I'm no longer looking to take new clients but I want to continue using the program to book my existing clients. I just wanted to prevent clients from being able to book on line so I can control my schedule. The only way to do this was...

Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for your feedback! We do offer an ability to turn off the online booking feature. This setting is available on the Employee Profiles page. We appreciate your review and are thankful to have you as a business on Vagaro!

JH

Jennifer H.

1-10 employees

Ok for single operator. Not effective for bigger salon.

Their customer-service department seems to be filled with condescending 20 somethings who enjoy attempting to make users feel inadequate. The last 3 times I've had to call-in and ask a question or have voice a concern about the product, I've been spoken down to by someone half my age.

Pros

The calendar is easy and self explanatory. It seems easy to use Even for people with no computer experience . If you're still using pencil and paper , this is way better than that . Probably a great product for both renters. Clients like notification system.

Cons

If you've used any other salon softwares that are in a high performance category as far as reporting and/or user experience this will not suit your needs . It is very rudimentary in its performance . It does not allow for any customization in reports or in applications . Many features are archaic and need updating. The feature to logout users after a certain amount of time can't recognize the...

KC

Karen Cecilia G.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Do not use Vagaro if you run a Nail Salon

Not the greatest. As a paying customer and owner I shouldn't have restrictions or have roadblocks because vagaro is not set up for nail salons but yet advertises that it is. The system is not convenient to use in many different situations. The solutions are very inconvenient, pointless, problematic or no solution at all. Some solutions create other issues in the system. Its honestly poorly set up....

Pros

Pos system works well. Fees are not to bad.

Cons

I would say the whole setup is not good for a nail salon business or even set up in a convenient manner. Theres so many steps you have to do in situations just to resolve one simple problem. Ive had more bad experiences than good. Ive experienced not being able to do price adjustments at checkout even as the owner I have no access to make changes. This is problematic in nail salons since it's common...

Hi Karen, we have been trying to reach you to continue troubleshooting your printer. Please respond to the most recent email to set a time for a phone call. We want to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible, we need to know what time works for you for a phone call.