All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Vagaro

Salon, wellness & fitness scheduling and business software

visit website

Vagaro Reviews

Pros

I like that the customer support is great and they continually listen to the users to improve it.

Giedre W.

Read the full review
I love all the options and reports available. Love the inventory and Purchase order ability.

Autumn W.

Read the full review
I loved the platform's appearance, it's sleek looking, appealing, and has a great feel to the software. The price point is good, the services plans are nice too.

Brianne S.

Read the full review

Cons

I feel totally lost, like a have no control over my life, I don't know when my next appointment is, who they are or what they're having done! it's awful.

Felicia F.

Read the full review
Difficulty booking couples massages or multiple services, getting charged for services we didn't used to have to pay for and selecting correct profile when merging customers.

Alexa K.

Read the full review
Daily deals are not listed the past two months. This month I got charged an extra $10 on my monthly charge with no notice.

Chelsea L.

2,012

2,513 reviews

Makes My Business & Life Scheduling Much Easier

No Need to Call

Best merchant software

Overall I am having a great experience.

Pros

I love the fact there is a 24/7 staff to help with issues. I hated how other competitors made you email them to get a response.

Cons

Pricing. Everything is $10 additional that all.

Hi Jennifer, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Vagaro at Take Two Salon

What I appreciate most is the great customer service. I also appreciate that the "request for a feature" is actively monitored and new features are constantly rolled out. I appreciate that we are able to speak to the same support reps consistantly vs calling a call center where you can get different reps on each call and often need to explain your issue from the beginning. And they are super friendly.

Pros

Vagaro iseasy to use, easy to train, and offers fair pricing.

Cons

If a client has a Vagaro profile but is new to my salon I have no choice but to accept their existing profile because you can not use the same email for a new profile. That should be an option as some clients may need a new profile for these services vs other service they obtain elsewhere

Hi Michele, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you are enjoying the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Many pros, but and equal amount of cons

I have used Vagaro for about three years. Initially the bells and whistles are enticing. You begin with the $25 fee, but the functionalities you need to get the most of the site come at additional fees. If you do not add these "monthly" fees the site is very bland. If you want to use the features such as: credit card capture, requiring a credit card to be enter by clients to book and other options...

Pros

A lot of features

Cons

Mediocre customer service You advertise for them whenever you reach out to clients Runs slow Credit card processing is not the best; your money is held hostage for days at the end of the week and batches out to early Your clients can be enticed by other salons in your area that also uses the site if they add their location

Easy to setup and use

Pros

Very affordable for a small business/sole-proprietor. Easy to use, they have videos that show you how to set things up. You can create your own forms or use stock ones they have. The booking site works so much better than SquareUp and doesn't have random maintenance for no reason. Also, WAY cheaper than Mindbody.

Cons

As a massage therapist, I have many clients that want to book extras with their sessions, like aromatherapy. Vagaro doesn't allow for an extra to be added, so I have to book them as a separate appointment then make it a double booking.

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Everything you need to know about Vagaro

Overall I am getting used to it. Vagaro is like driving a stock car. I think they can use some improvements that will make the world of difference. Everytime I call customer service I learn of a secret "work around" that seems like it should just be included in the feature. I do not dislike the software I just know there are some major improvements that can be made to make this software so much better.

Pros

What I like the most about Vagaro is the user friendly mobile app. I like how easy it is for clients to receive text confirmations and book on the mobile app within a few clicks. I also like the fact that I trust the email system sending emails out successfully. Other email marketing softwares I have used seem less successful in reaching the customers inbox.

Cons

The overall navigation of the site on the business end. Its alot of clicking around. The windows are hard to find. The search menu is annoying. If you are working in one window then have to edit something else you cannot continue or modify the edit within the same window you must leave that window enter another page then come back. Its too much back and forth for no reason. I do not like the reporting...

Hello, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. You can also reference our help site at support.vagaro.com which has many articles with step by step instructions. Thank you!

Vagaro is an INCREDIBLE deal & service!

Vagaro is hands down the best!! We thought we needed to switch to Mindbody recently (because a handful of nearby studios used them), and we were back in just TWO weeks because Mindbody's software and customer service were unbelievably awful. Vagaro has superior customer service, intuitive system use, MUCH better user-interface, and overall an excellent staff and customer experience! Our clients were SO happy when we switched back to Vagaro :)

Pros

It's easy to use, customer service is always available and helpful (even if they can't solve your request right away, they get back to you), our customers LOVE the ease of the program, and it's actually affordable!

Cons

I do wish you could check people in to a class and if someone didn't show, it would register as like 7/8 in the class count after checkout so we could see the "realtime" class attendance.

Hi Melinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you and your clients love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Great Software with many features

Pros

I really liked the email and text confirmations, email marketing feature.

Cons

I feel like there could be an text to software window where clients could send messages thru to their service provider instead of your personal phone number. Also when an appt is booked with a specific service provider and the client receives confimation email . Sometimes the client responds to the email but it goes directly to the owner rather then the actual service provider. Is there a way to direct those emails to the service provider?

Hi Liana, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Best CMS for Single Chair salons

Pros

It's easy to use. The basic service is enough to operate a business. To give your business a boost, add on services are offered at a reasonable price. The customer service is outstanding and readily available 14 hours a day M-S.

Cons

Some of the add ons I might have appreciated in the base price like some of the other systems do. You can't open days up in the schedule if they are not your regular days without opening them up to infinity. For instance, if I work only Tuesdays and I want to work 1 Monday a month. I cant just open that one Monday, I have to open all Mondays in the system or manually blockout the Mondays I don't want to work.

Hi Yeefah, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

So far SOOOO good

It’s been a game changer for me....it does everything I need such as keeping track of packages. I was just looking for a booking calendar but I’ve got so much more. I’m excited to start integrating some of the other features.

Pros

It’s very functional but basic to understand and use.

Cons

There isn’t a live person to ask questions. The training videos are fairly short but when I really need to figure something out, I don’t have time to watch an hour of videos!

Hi, thank you for your review! If you have any questions about any of our features, please contact our Support Team any time at sales.vagaro.com/contact by phone, email, or live chat so we can assist you further.

Cannot Book Couples Massage

Overall, good software for spa, but just amazed that simple features are missed.

Pros

I love that there are many benefits for clients, easy tutorials and for the most part Spa friendly.

Cons

I am appalled there is no feature to book couples massage. How did the tech designers miss something so simple. Couples book appointments at spas all this time, so how is a software designed for spas not have couples services required for 2 service providers? Its very frustrating having to create services then bundling them together in order to have 2 service providers. This feature should not be this complicated.

Hi Charolett, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Evaluated by a massage therapist with 25 years experience.

Very positive. The company upgrades their product when needed adding user friendly comprehensive features that enhance the users experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use Vagaro for online and mobile booking for both the owner and client. COLOR CODING: I like the use of color bands to show confirmed, show, no show etc. it helps me keep track at a glance. CHECK OUT: The check out is also very easy with all options for payment available. If you like keeping track of customers paying with MasterCard, Visa etc this option is available. This was not...

Cons

If you need to shut off the online feature (which I've needed to do during Covid) you can't last I checked. Plus, I'm in the process of downsizing toward retirement. I'm no longer looking to take new clients but I want to continue using the program to book my existing clients. I just wanted to prevent clients from being able to book on line so I can control my schedule. The only way to do this was...

Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for your feedback! We do offer an ability to turn off the online booking feature. This setting is available on the Employee Profiles page. We appreciate your review and are thankful to have you as a business on Vagaro!

Best value for features, support level & price

I researched/test run softwares for 2 years, after working in the industry and already using several different ones including for other industries. Vagaro hands down offers the best product for the money with additional features than most that allow for things like customizable memberships and rewards programs. Their service email/call system could be much better organized to be efficient & effective....

Pros

Best feature offerings which can be customized fairly easily. Excellent price for the value. Live customer support is essential, while this could be better in how it is set up Vagaro staff care about doing good, thorough work to be helpful. That is like gold as a business owner when trying to trouble shoot so this is their strongest asset in my mind.

Cons

The platforms, and even features, are inconsistent on how things are seen & done. For instance, creating a gift certificate through "reports" with a discount shows up on your quarterly reports differently than if you create a gift certificate through the "check out" screen and do the same discount there. Also, the application is different than the desktop in so many little ways that make a big collective difference. --I would love it if they cleaned up their current features to be streamlined. Having beta testers who are business people that actually use their software would reveal SO many little things that make a big difference to my daily "clean ups" for all the goofiness that they don't seem to realize exists in their software. I have suggested this idea at least 10 times to reps.

Hi Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think.

Vagaro is FANTASTIC for Retail and Spa

Fantastic. We are very pleased with Vagaro. Though there are a few things that we would like to see improved, overall, the software is spectacular for our business. We appreciate the partnership we have with Vagaro.

Pros

Vagaro is extremely user friendly. Our staff adapted immediately. The software is similar to other software on the market, therefore, it is an easy transition. Transitioning from our former software (Booker) was fluid. Vagaro was very helpful. The chat feature is priceless. Being able to resolve issues and/or get advice on best practices within a few minutes is worth its weight in gold.

Cons

There are a few functionality issues for the type of business that we conduct. We are a cryospa. We offer memberships to clients and there is little versatility in the membership option. In addition, there is a "glitch" in the check-out process that we see regularly. If a patron purchases a package and uses that package in the same transaction, the session does not deduct from the packages. Ex. Patron purchases 10 visits and uses one during the same visit, after checking the patron out, the package still shows 10 visits remaining when there should be 9. There are "fixes" or ways to finagle or adjust the account but that is time consuming and redundant.

Hi Kendall, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Great Booking System

It has over all been pretty great especially now that they give notice when updates are happening and the system goes down.

Pros

The Customer service has quick response and my customers find it user friendly

Cons

Well first of all I know over 1000 stylist use this yet our industry is not listed in the pick an industry choice. So in case you don't know it is called the beauty industry, not cosmetics and not consumer services. Any how I do wish the reports were more streamlined some how I do feel like I always need to go to a different screen to find out different reports.

Hi Sara, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

We love Vagaro

It's been grea; however, getting on with customer service has been a problem, which is understandable. With Mindbody the tech was able to pop on my computer screen to help, which convenient and sometimes easier than trying to explain a situation to the tech they can see what or who you are looking at.

Pros

It's user friendly, for both the studio and client. Being small business owner, the cost of services is saving me so much. Wish I would have made the switch long ago. I like that we have different options for packages an d services.

Cons

Wish there was an easier way to checkout a clients for multiple days. Often times when I back to reconcile accounts, it would be nice to do one client and reconcile with a drop box check-out in one place for multiple days.

Hi Amanda, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Great App for your business.

My experience has been positive so far but it does have some problems that need to be worked on so the system can be the best on the market Ever!

Pros

I love the fact that I can easily book a client and rebook a client. The calendar is set up very nicely and organized. I have used a lot of systems in the past and this one is the best I have used. I love that I can also easily move a client's appointment to a different day and time without cancelling and rescheduling it.

Cons

I do not like that the software has some problem when a client is searching (anytime) for a service in vagaro and my page does not show up because (anytime) doesn't mean (anytime) it means at that moment. Which is very frustrating because anytime should mean search anytime. With covid and hours changing that is causing us to lose business because our company is only by appointment. This needs to be fixed. I also do not like that you can't add time in for cleaning. With covid happening I should be able to have a time slot that is for cleaning 30 minutes so a client cannot book during that time. Another flaw.

Hi Autumn, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Features & functionality

Pros

Vagaro keeps all of my client information, services, products, reports and finances very well organized. I've used this software for over 5 years now and my favorite thing is, it's forever changing (for the better of course). I honestly have no complaints with the way it runs, however, if I'd like to see a change all I have to do is make a request and they take it under consideration. Obviously not every suggestion can be accommodated; but for the most part it just keeps getting better and better for a very reasonable price.

Cons

I wish when a customer decides they want to opt-out from receiving email marketing from one salon it wouldn't affect another. When a different business uses vagaro but the client has been to someone else and chose not receive email marketing they don't receive mine.

Hi Mary, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Easy and most of all fun!

Even my least tech savy staff love this app. It's like their own little business is their pocket. You can update colour themes and making the app look visually pretty and personalised is also a great feature. Overall it does what I need it to do and makes my life easier. What else could you ask for.

Pros

This system is the easiest I have used and has the most features for a decent price. Has most of the things I need and clients always comment on how super easy the online booking system is. Needless to say we get a lot of clients booking online The mobile part of the system is the easiest I have used and you can do so much from your phone

Cons

A few things need to be customisable such as the text message system especially in Australia. Probably needs text message marketing options as well. It could be a little easier to add services to existing services. You currently have to pretend to checkout the client and add the service there. It's easy to delete or alter services on an existing booking but not to add the service.

Hi Leasa, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Exactly what I was looking for

Before Vagaro, we had one system for point of sale, one system for booking and a third for customer information management. We wanted a system that would do all of that and move our business to the next level. Vagaro was the answer to that, bar none. To have everything in one software package eliminates errors we were making when entering in things in multiple places previously. The reporting is top notch and the ability to access everything remotely from our phones and see appointments and transactions in real-time is a great benefit.

Pros

We were looking for one single system that could do everything for our business. Point of sale, booking, inventory, online booking, excellent reporting, custom forms, email/text marketing, etc. Vagaro has it all. It's one complete package that we can access remotely and via our phones at any time.

Cons

While this software was made mostly for Salons with numerous Stylists (Service Providers), it took a big of tweaking and being creative when setting it up for us. With us being a Sauna Studio, clients don't book people, they book actual rooms. There was a little bit of a learning curve on how to set that up properly but it works brilliantly now. I wish there was a little more customization on some deep settings, but all in all, I can't complain at all.

Hi Benjamin, thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

vagaro

Everything has always been great since i have been using this app. I have tried others and this is the BEST in my opinion!

Pros

I love how easy this app is.. My clients LOVE the reminders and I LOVE I don't have to send them! Through COVID this company has been amazing!!!

Cons

I love everything I haven't had any issues at all..

Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Exactly what our salon has been looking for!

Overall, Vagaro has saved me so much time as the salon coordinator. It has made things that used to be tedious, time-consuming, and ineffective so simplified. Our out-dated system had limited options on many things. The auto-texting for reminder's (previously we did all reminders by calling clients) saved out life. It has saved us on no-show appts, clients showing up at wrong times, etc. We have even saved $ on the amount of appt cards we use because client's just want the text message instead of a physical card.

Pros

SO USER FRIENDLY! Our stylist's were so intimidated by getting a new software, especially after using the same, outdated one for over 15 + years. Many of them aren't the most tech-savvy individuals, but it took hardly any time at all the train them on the system. They LOVE having the ability to see their schedules from the personal smart phone/ tablet when they aren't at work. Our client's LOVE their texting reminders.

Cons

One of the main things I do wish were able to be customized would be on the daily ticket sheets we print each day. I would like to edit the amount of history for each client that is shown so that multiple pages do not print out for each client. The font is small and so i have to print it to be larger and then it ends up printing multiple unnecessary pages out.

Hi Tammy, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Best fit for a diverse business with an unbeatable price.

Overall my experience has been Wonderful. I seem to find more ways to expand, streamilne and save time every time I log in.

Pros

Vagaro has such wonderful functionality, its very user friendly, and the updates and offerings that were implemented to serve users during the pandemic have been absolutely outstanding. The multi use calendar has been a very valuable asset to myself and staff and the combined inventory tracking, checkout features, and marketing tools have streamlined my business. Using Vagaro has saved me time, frustration and has increased our professional presence in our community. One of the the best features is the unbeatable price. I haven't found any platform that has satisfied our needs as diverse Holistic Wellness Center with room to grow.

Cons

I wish I could print my address list to a label so I can send old fashioned b-day cards. When I create my marketing blasts the finger scroll jumps very quickly leaving the user to have to manually us the scroll to the right. Very minimal issues to even speak about.

Hi Cristene, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Vagaro Helped control by business

this program has made my business run so smoothly, with out having to reinvent the wheel. I love that no matter what the future hold, I can add on as i grow, or as my needs change, and its SO affordable.

Pros

I finally have the ease of doing that I am best at. I have NEVER liked the "paperwork" of my business, and Vagaro has allowed to excel at being a business owner but with out spending the insane amount of time I was use to using to keep my business running. I love that its like having my own personal assistant!!

Cons

there are so many features, that sometimes i have a hard time locating a setting change, or a feature I need to use, without help. I do love that I can ask them.

Hi Kelly, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Recommend

Vagaro helps me organize all of my forms, treatment notes, and private yoga notes all in one safe place.

Pros

I use this software to manage my yoga and massage business. It is a very affordable option that offers the same features as other software for less than half the price. I've turned several friends on to this software and they all agree it is easy to use and easy on the wallet.

Cons

Most of my qualms with this software have been updated and fixed! They are constantly adding to the capabilities.

Hi Caitlyn, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Best appointment app out there

I am fully satisfied with Vagaro.

Pros

You get the biggest bang for your buck with this app. I have tried a few others in the past and paid way too much for features that Vagaro not only charges an affordable price for but the set up in easy and self explanatory that you don't really need to call into tech support. I have also tried several of different types of marketing on various platforms but Vagaro has one that I have gotten plenty...

Cons

Sending an invoice for a future appointment. Sometimes we get booked for chair events in the future and the company hiring us requests to pay a day or two before the event.

Hi Nashira, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.