Vagaro Logo
Vagaro

Salon, wellness & fitness scheduling and business software

visit website

Vagaro Reviews

4.7

2.6K

2,159

How would you rate Vagaro?

Pros

This has been the first program that I used to start my business with, and it is super user friendly for any beginner business owner and current to keep track on your progress.

TC

Tiffany C.

Clients love how easy it is to book appointments online. Love how you can customize confirmation notifications for clients.

CC

Courtney C.

TB

Tatiyana B.

Cons

I had some trouble refreshing the page and getting linked to another site. There was a lot of advertisement for other companies, so I also got distracted at times.

AT

Amanda T.

Needs Apple Pay support desperately, especially in this era of COVID-19, this is a glaring omission.

DR

Derek R.

Switched to Vagaro from Booker and I hate it but I’m trapped.

TT

Tabitha T.

2,695 reviews

Marissa G.

Owner

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Good for online promotions

Transcript

Marissa: Hi. I'm Marissa. I'm the owner of a wellness center. I give Vagaro five out of five stars. For...

Makes My Business & Life Scheduling Much Easier

Transcript

Christie: Hi, I'm Christie. I'm an entrepreneur in the sporting industry. And I give Vagaro a four out...

Good value for the price

Pros

I set this software up for a massage therapist shop. It was for an individual who needed to contract out 2 services, yoga and massage therapy. In order to do that, we had to buy 2 subscriptions what was sort of a pain. However, the ease of use of software was great. There's integration into yelp and facebook. It integrates right into your google calendar which is super important for people that are...

Cons

It was really hard to setup multiple services within the shop. I had to setup yoga and massage under 2 different employees but the same name, with 2 different google calendars. It was really messy. It works best when you have employees and can set them up under services they provide, if your solo and provide more than 1 service that aren't related, its hard.

Vagaro Love (it's a real thing)

Great, great. I love Vagaro. Like, sincerely hands-down I am fan all the way. It's format is user friendly for my clients and my staff to learn. The vagaro university on YouTube is so useful. Of course, their customer service rocks. The learning curve with my previous CRM was painful and long. Vagaro is a joy to work with.

Pros

The customer service. The majority of reps are great and very helpful. I also love the a la carte pricing, it makes it so much more affordable and you can add what you need as you grow. I also love how they are consistently adding new features. I also feel like they listen to user feedback and implement changes. Vagaro University on Youtube is great! The electronic forms are a lifesaver to help enforce our cancellation/refund policy. Thanks to Vagaro I could run my business with peace of mind and be seen as more professional by the public.

Cons

I wish the logging in part was faster for the client and also it feels like the experience is more on vagaro than our brand. I would like the option to create a brand app more affordable. Also, if a client already has an account from another user, it erases the information placed it by me and makes me start all over. I would also like the client to add their mailing address and date of birth on their intake. The mailing address is an important aspect of our marketing. I wish the star rating on employees could be a feature that could be turned off or on. At times, it makes it hard for newer therapists to get bookings.

Awful booking system

Overall I would never recommend! It’s slow, buggy and the features do not outweigh how it bogs down your business and create lines up front because checking out is such a problem.

Pros

The only thing I like about Vagaro was cancelling. I miss a few features versus our new system, but overall the system does not have a lot of pros besides being able to color code services.

Cons

The software itself is slow, buggy and we had multiple problems with it. After repeated calls to customer service they blamed it on our internet service which I upgraded with no change. I called back and they blamed my computer, to which I upgraded memory to make the computer faster. I continued to have issues. We just cancelled in January and they continue to bill me monthly, even after repeated attempts to get them to stop. Customer service takes an hour to get through to a person and they are not helpful.

LOVE this program is GREAT & Easy for beginners to use!

Love it?

Pros

I absolutely love this program. I was using paper calendar and paper files. I am SO happy I could help planet earth and take away my old school filing system and replace with an online. It was so simple to set up. So it’s a great program for beginners. I love the points system and the fact you can add products as I just don’t provide services - I also sell products. Customer service is always available...

Cons

Ummmm…can’t think of anything I don’t like. Maybe to make your work hours easier to use. Like I have another part time job and when I switch my hours online it copies it as the business hours of the business which I do not like. I wanna keep it open 8-4pm but say I work 12-3 I don’t want it to switch it online to that. Do you know what I mean? I just want it to look like I’m booked.

I love Vagaro

It's been great it is a great software for a great price can't beat it

Pros

I love Vagaro I have used many scheduling software and am picky about what to use because I need software that is robust. Vagaro and allows me to manage my business all in one place and it keeps getting better. Some of my favourite features are taking deposits to book appointments, Forms, branded app, booth rental management, reports, and classes. It is more than scheduling software it allows me to run all aspects of my business in one place which is why I love it so much. It is a must for any beauty professional.

Cons

Vagaro is constantly adding new features and always listens to users feedback to improve. It is one of the reasons I love it so much because they build it and improve constantly based on what users need.

great system

Pros

Its pretty easy to use. It didn't take long to set up

Cons

When setting up forms, if you have it to automatically log out, then it erases all of the info that you had put in if you don't publish it, a simple save or even autosave would be useful

Amazing amazing amazing

I love the payment method it has, the POS system, this experience made it so easy to book with clients and set up my buisness. I tried out square appointments but I rather use Vagaro.

Pros

The booking, access to every information. Its very easy to use and a lot of the clients love using it through the Vagaro app.

Cons

Nothing really ;) everything is so good!

Customer Service Knows Me Well!

We've been using Vagaro since opening in Feb 2015 and we've seen many changes and updates and 99% of them have been fabulous. The development team is pretty receptive to new ideas and I see requests that we've made become a "new feature" many times so I know they are listening to the needs of their customer. Customer Service Chat knows me well... even though I wonder if they do a quick game of...

Pros

Easy to use for both Staff and Online Booking for Clients. Staff loves the App to keep an eye on booking. Marketing tools are a good business driver. Business reports are getting better with every update. Online tutorials are great for new staff learning system. Online chat option is AWESOME! Customer Service is A+

Cons

-Cancelation/ Waiting List needs to be better- it's currently not useable for the large number of requests we have for a cancelation list. -We've had some retail snafu's but those are getting better as well. -Marketing promos could use a "retail" option. -Checkout could have some updated options like a "hold in cart" so if you have to interrupt a sale you don't lose everything you put in checkout screen.

Independent contractor and LMT

I love the option to make clients enter in a credit card to book an appointment.

Pros

The mobile app isn't very different from the desktop site.

Cons

As a massage therapist on contract with a larger LLC, I struggle to book appointments with other massage therapists who work at the same location. I haven't figured out an easier way than logging out and signing in with a whole different email on a whole different site/app. This would be sweet if I could atleast request to be on someone elses schedule.

Loving this platform so much!

The direction and help to get my website domain, my webpage set up and online bookings was easy and over all a really great experience.

Pros

I love that this is so intuitive. The tech helpers are there to with great feedback and direction and always make me feel like this was a good decision we are all on the same team. I definitely will be sticking to Vagaro vs other platforms.

Cons

It wasn't able to integrate my online bookings with Facebook and, i would like more options for the look of my website for more relaxation massage look. Otherwise, it is beautiful and i do really like this a lot.

Best Value For Real

Pros

Auto drafting, session tracking, point of sale of services and products ease of use and modification of sale and scheduling formats.

Cons

Honestly the only thing is waiting for deposits. 24 turn around would be great vs waiting for specific business days. This hasn't been an issue at all just a preference

Love Vagaro!

I'm saving a lot of space not having to keep a paper schedule. Taxes are way easier, and if I used the software how it was meant to be used, it would be even easier. Baby steps! Haha.

Pros

It is super easy to use, and if it isn't, customer service is there to help. The tutorials help too! TONS! There were a few things I had to give up moving to Vagaro from my old software, but I told customer service about it and not only did they figure out a way for me to still kinda offer the same thing to my clients, soon after, they came out with the option I needed!!! Like they did it just for me!

Cons

It's NOT the software I have an issue with...It's payment processing. WAY TOO LONG TO GET PAID when my clients pay through Vagaro. I discourage it mostly.

GOD send

For a small chair rental salon with no receptionist because there's no need for one, the online booking for customers and especially the reminders 3 days and day before are priceless...and being able to book 24/7 no matter if at home , eating out, rehab, or hospitalized with covid..I can work anywhere. except prison ,no shoelaces, no belt and sure as sh#* no cell phone..lol... just kidding about eating out, ill never book a customer when eating.

Pros

integration wasn't difficult , even if your not technology savvy its still very easy to learn and setup . Stylists and customers love it! from reminders to booking . Ease of use is very impressive with both. And as Stylists we have not even tapped into the full or depth of tools that vagaro offers. Iv'e tried others and hands down Vagaro is a win/win for you and customers. There's a video tutorial for every feature . My wish to grow salon or to multiple salons to take full advantage of the minds that built and continue to maintain/improve the perfection of Vagaro.... "Very Grateful"

Cons

No complaints and every now and then we'll hear something didn't work . But it's usually the User, the Cell service or Internet. NO COMPLAINTS VAGARO. I really don't have a complaint....unless you have the capability to read my mind , print real money, oh! let me customize my OWN colors , i love the Vagaro orange , sometimes black.....lol...keep up the great work!!!

Fantastic for this one-woman show

Very affordable booking/confirmation system, credit card processing, inventory management and reports included, these are my baseline needs and Vagaro fulfills them 90% well. They were very helpful when signing up and helped me import most of my needed info, not perfectly, but pretty well. That is the end of actual human interaction though and sometimes an actual HUMAN customer service conversation by phone would be appreciated.

Pros

Very easy to use on both desktop and mobile; great price for what you get, especially for a small or individual practice--calendar, email/sms confirmations, online booking (if you choose to use that); reports (though either I haven't found some yet or they could be improved, i.e. I accept checks and it gives me a total for check deposit, but not the # of checks); integrated payment system takes clear and fair CC fees out as they occur, COVID clean checkout can send signature/gratuity page to clients mobile; a la carte pricing, i.e. I needed "forms" for sending COVID forms, but can cancel that portion anytime and save $10/mo if not needed; Inventory management--could be improved, but for around $30/mo, can't be beat from what I've found.

Cons

Deposit reports: how many checks are in the total that I need to deposit for a period of time? Would save me from adding all checks manually to see if amounts match; Inventory: To adjust current inventory items, it seems I need to do it item by item... they have a "mass edit", but I have never figured out how to get it to work for me and I HAVE contacted support about this issue, the back and forth...

Vagaro at Take Two Salon

What I appreciate most is the great customer service. I also appreciate that the "request for a feature" is actively monitored and new features are constantly rolled out. I appreciate that we are able to speak to the same support reps consistantly vs calling a call center where you can get different reps on each call and often need to explain your issue from the beginning. And they are super friendly.

Pros

Vagaro iseasy to use, easy to train, and offers fair pricing.

Cons

If a client has a Vagaro profile but is new to my salon I have no choice but to accept their existing profile because you can not use the same email for a new profile. That should be an option as some clients may need a new profile for these services vs other service they obtain elsewhere

Hi Michele, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you are enjoying the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Everything you need to know about Vagaro

Overall I am getting used to it. Vagaro is like driving a stock car. I think they can use some improvements that will make the world of difference. Everytime I call customer service I learn of a secret "work around" that seems like it should just be included in the feature. I do not dislike the software I just know there are some major improvements that can be made to make this software so much better.

Pros

What I like the most about Vagaro is the user friendly mobile app. I like how easy it is for clients to receive text confirmations and book on the mobile app within a few clicks. I also like the fact that I trust the email system sending emails out successfully. Other email marketing softwares I have used seem less successful in reaching the customers inbox.

Cons

The overall navigation of the site on the business end. Its alot of clicking around. The windows are hard to find. The search menu is annoying. If you are working in one window then have to edit something else you cannot continue or modify the edit within the same window you must leave that window enter another page then come back. Its too much back and forth for no reason. I do not like the reporting...

Hello, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. You can also reference our help site at support.vagaro.com which has many articles with step by step instructions. Thank you!

Vagaro is an INCREDIBLE deal & service!

Vagaro is hands down the best!! We thought we needed to switch to Mindbody recently (because a handful of nearby studios used them), and we were back in just TWO weeks because Mindbody's software and customer service were unbelievably awful. Vagaro has superior customer service, intuitive system use, MUCH better user-interface, and overall an excellent staff and customer experience! Our clients were SO happy when we switched back to Vagaro :)

Pros

It's easy to use, customer service is always available and helpful (even if they can't solve your request right away, they get back to you), our customers LOVE the ease of the program, and it's actually affordable!

Cons

I do wish you could check people in to a class and if someone didn't show, it would register as like 7/8 in the class count after checkout so we could see the "realtime" class attendance.

Hi Melinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you and your clients love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Great Software with many features

Pros

I really liked the email and text confirmations, email marketing feature.

Cons

I feel like there could be an text to software window where clients could send messages thru to their service provider instead of your personal phone number. Also when an appt is booked with a specific service provider and the client receives confimation email . Sometimes the client responds to the email but it goes directly to the owner rather then the actual service provider. Is there a way to direct those emails to the service provider?

Hi Liana, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Best CMS for Single Chair salons

Pros

It's easy to use. The basic service is enough to operate a business. To give your business a boost, add on services are offered at a reasonable price. The customer service is outstanding and readily available 14 hours a day M-S.

Cons

Some of the add ons I might have appreciated in the base price like some of the other systems do. You can't open days up in the schedule if they are not your regular days without opening them up to infinity. For instance, if I work only Tuesdays and I want to work 1 Monday a month. I cant just open that one Monday, I have to open all Mondays in the system or manually blockout the Mondays I don't want to work.

Hi Yeefah, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Easy to setup and use

Pros

Very affordable for a small business/sole-proprietor. Easy to use, they have videos that show you how to set things up. You can create your own forms or use stock ones they have. The booking site works so much better than SquareUp and doesn't have random maintenance for no reason. Also, WAY cheaper than Mindbody.

Cons

As a massage therapist, I have many clients that want to book extras with their sessions, like aromatherapy. Vagaro doesn't allow for an extra to be added, so I have to book them as a separate appointment then make it a double booking.

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Evaluated by a massage therapist with 25 years experience.

Very positive. The company upgrades their product when needed adding user friendly comprehensive features that enhance the users experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use Vagaro for online and mobile booking for both the owner and client. COLOR CODING: I like the use of color bands to show confirmed, show, no show etc. it helps me keep track at a glance. CHECK OUT: The check out is also very easy with all options for payment available. If you like keeping track of customers paying with MasterCard, Visa etc this option is available. This was not...

Cons

If you need to shut off the online feature (which I've needed to do during Covid) you can't last I checked. Plus, I'm in the process of downsizing toward retirement. I'm no longer looking to take new clients but I want to continue using the program to book my existing clients. I just wanted to prevent clients from being able to book on line so I can control my schedule. The only way to do this was...

Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for your feedback! We do offer an ability to turn off the online booking feature. This setting is available on the Employee Profiles page. We appreciate your review and are thankful to have you as a business on Vagaro!

Best value for features, support level & price

I researched/test run softwares for 2 years, after working in the industry and already using several different ones including for other industries. Vagaro hands down offers the best product for the money with additional features than most that allow for things like customizable memberships and rewards programs. Their service email/call system could be much better organized to be efficient & effective....

Pros

Best feature offerings which can be customized fairly easily. Excellent price for the value. Live customer support is essential, while this could be better in how it is set up Vagaro staff care about doing good, thorough work to be helpful. That is like gold as a business owner when trying to trouble shoot so this is their strongest asset in my mind.

Cons

The platforms, and even features, are inconsistent on how things are seen & done. For instance, creating a gift certificate through "reports" with a discount shows up on your quarterly reports differently than if you create a gift certificate through the "check out" screen and do the same discount there. Also, the application is different than the desktop in so many little ways that make a big collective difference. --I would love it if they cleaned up their current features to be streamlined. Having beta testers who are business people that actually use their software would reveal SO many little things that make a big difference to my daily "clean ups" for all the goofiness that they don't seem to realize exists in their software. I have suggested this idea at least 10 times to reps.

Hi Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think.

Vagaro is FANTASTIC for Retail and Spa

Fantastic. We are very pleased with Vagaro. Though there are a few things that we would like to see improved, overall, the software is spectacular for our business. We appreciate the partnership we have with Vagaro.

Pros

Vagaro is extremely user friendly. Our staff adapted immediately. The software is similar to other software on the market, therefore, it is an easy transition. Transitioning from our former software (Booker) was fluid. Vagaro was very helpful. The chat feature is priceless. Being able to resolve issues and/or get advice on best practices within a few minutes is worth its weight in gold.

Cons

There are a few functionality issues for the type of business that we conduct. We are a cryospa. We offer memberships to clients and there is little versatility in the membership option. In addition, there is a "glitch" in the check-out process that we see regularly. If a patron purchases a package and uses that package in the same transaction, the session does not deduct from the packages. Ex. Patron purchases 10 visits and uses one during the same visit, after checking the patron out, the package still shows 10 visits remaining when there should be 9. There are "fixes" or ways to finagle or adjust the account but that is time consuming and redundant.

Hi Kendall, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Great Booking System

It has over all been pretty great especially now that they give notice when updates are happening and the system goes down.

Pros

The Customer service has quick response and my customers find it user friendly

Cons

Well first of all I know over 1000 stylist use this yet our industry is not listed in the pick an industry choice. So in case you don't know it is called the beauty industry, not cosmetics and not consumer services. Any how I do wish the reports were more streamlined some how I do feel like I always need to go to a different screen to find out different reports.

Hi Sara, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

We love Vagaro

It's been grea; however, getting on with customer service has been a problem, which is understandable. With Mindbody the tech was able to pop on my computer screen to help, which convenient and sometimes easier than trying to explain a situation to the tech they can see what or who you are looking at.

Pros

It's user friendly, for both the studio and client. Being small business owner, the cost of services is saving me so much. Wish I would have made the switch long ago. I like that we have different options for packages an d services.

Cons

Wish there was an easier way to checkout a clients for multiple days. Often times when I back to reconcile accounts, it would be nice to do one client and reconcile with a drop box check-out in one place for multiple days.

Hi Amanda, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!