BeyondTrust Reviews

4.58/5 (1,261 reviews)

Anonymous

Easy remote support while maintaining a controlled environment

Reviewed 2019-04-02

Staff will always have hesitation when allowing IT to remote into their computers. This can cause resolution and deployment times to skyrocket. But Bomgar Remote Support features a full suite of tools that allows the company and its users to feel confident in letting IT remote into their machine because of its many features and customization options.

Pros
Bomgar Remote Support is easy to install and manage for your staff and IT support. You can deploy a shortcut to computers and set it up to start remote sessions immediately, or allow a support rep to give a session key to start the session. So there are lots of options to customize how you want to manage support sessions. Once you're remoted in, a range of options for controlling the computer are available to the rep, allowing the sessions to go faster like control panel shortcuts, screen shot options, and an easy to use file share interface. The customer can see everything happening and chat with the rep in a chat box, which also displays helpful information like what commands the rep is running in the background. There is a lot of transparency when running Bomgar so everyone can feel safe and comfortable sharing their computer with an IT rep. Bomgar also integrates with other software like Service Now.

Cons
Bomgar Remote Support does take a lot of planning to set up properly and get running efficiently. A lot of the security and transparency features will require a lot of app administration. If you're a one-man or smaller shop, you will have a longer time getting many of its features up and running.

Anonymous

A recommended and dependable remote endpoint management and technical support portal

Reviewed 2018-02-08

A powerful Remote Endpoint and support tool for professional IT shops.

Pros
- Full-featured remote endpoint and service portal that allows IT admins and technical support organizations provide support for technical and non-technical clients and their workstations/servers - I have deployed Bomgar at two organizations as an IT Administrator and support person, and Iove how dependable the endpoint agent software is for connecting to all workstation endpoints we support. If you need to connect to a workstation on an isolated network in a building across the city? No problem, open the Bomgar admin console and find the workstation in endpoint inventory and can remote into the machine, transfer files, chat with a client on the machine via bomgar chat, or control mouse and keyboard. - Start impromptu support sessions and guide customers to the bomgar support portal and request a session with you or any other active administrator who is available, all on the fly. - Enterprise support is very helpful, I have had to leverage them for guided updates and configuration advise. They are professional and well-trained - Bomgar offers physical and virtual appliances, I have deployed both physical and virtual solutions from them, both work the same.

Cons
- As a purchaser of a Bomgar appliance, you still need support for the hidden back-end of the appliance. One deployment of this solution, we ordered two virtual servers, I believe at different times. As such, the hidden linux back-end of the software were inherently not exactly the same build configuration, and we discovered this during an upgrade of the software version and they reacted different to the upgrades. This was an unexpected setback, however, to the credit of support they were professional and prompt with their diagnosis and provided tailored update packages to finish the upgrade. - There are lots of free solutions that can work for remoting into endpoints and providing support remote for endpoint users these days, which may make the value of Bomgar less desirable due to cost of appliances, annual license renewals and upfront license costs, depending on the budget. If you can afford it, it's worth the money for quality of the product and its features.

Alan Glenister

It's not Marmite, everybody loves it!

Reviewed 2017-11-16

Pros
I love the way it brings a lot of remote support tools into one console so you don't need to know some of the more advanced techniques to deliver support (e.g. opening remote session within registry editor, using admin$ etc) but what I think is even better is the canned scripts. I can create a canned script to run routine but advanced tasks on remote system but then make it available to the service desk enabling a semi-skilled SDA to complete tasks that would normally be passed back to 2nd and 3rd line support. Not only does this increase the first fix rating, it also (as I've been told by the SDM) adds to the moral of the SD team as they feel trusted and empowered. One thing that really does raise Bomgar above the competition is their excellent customer service, which I have not even seen matched let alone bettered!

Cons
Well, I have to say I'm struggling with this part. Maybe I'd like to see the individual licence fee come down a bit, not that it isn't value for money, it's just we have a limited budget so cannot afford as many as we'd like. It's worth noting here though that Bomgar have supported us (a non-profit university) in this area but giving a generous discount and 'loaned' us an extra couple of licences (for free) when we really needed them for a short time but simply didn't have the money to buy them...

Jason Swan

Solid Product for the last 4 years

Reviewed 2019-09-05

Beyond Trust Remote Support is the most used tool in our companies arsenal. We are able to support our clients with little to no interaction on the customers end.

Pros
Simply put, it works. We have used multiple products in the past and the Beyond Trust Platform can not be beat. With the correct programming our technicians have access to the most used scripts to support our customers at the click of a mouse. The integrated presentation mode has been a huge asset for customer training.

Cons
Prior versions of the Jump clients leave unnecessary leftovers on the client computer. Occasionally we will have to uninstall the Jump Client to clean up the customers system and reinstall.

Nicholas Rivera

Best secure remote support software I have ever used!!

Reviewed 2018-03-07

A clean, professional, and impressive way to support a customer or client.

Pros
I really like this software for starters. I convinced my department manager at my previous job to purchase it because of it's functionality, reliability, and integration to other software. It is great for tier based support from tier 1 receiving calls to escalating it to tier 2 and tier 3. The transition from each tier and group that we had for certain calls was smooth. Another bonus and like was the type of devices/operating systems it support in it's remote support service. Also, the integration to other products that we used along with our actual product. That part was a beauty to setup and see work with zero issues. Overall the best in my book. Just wish my current job could afford to purchase Bomgar (fingers crossed).

Cons
There are only a few cons I have and they are very minor. One being that they are not able to support Chrome OS yet and I feel like they are trailing the market on this. The other con is installing the patches to the hosted appliance you house in your server room. The patching process could use some attention for user ability or someone not as experienced in networking etc.

Bomgar review

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Overall it works as advertised. It also integrates with a couple Service desk tools on the market which allow you to launch a remote session from within an external Service desk system.

Pros
Bomgar is an excellent program for remote control over computers and servers. We use it extensively on the Helpdesk when helping customers remotely. Its easy to use and doesn't require alot of skills to initiate a session.

Cons
I would like to see it have a less chatty agent on systems. The agent communicates with the main server quite a bit. I would also like to see it not have an agent for every remote session. This requires updating the agent on every machine when an update comes available.

Abdullah Abbasi

Does what it says on the tin

Reviewed 2019-11-27

Pros
Great for both Internal and external remote support Remote Scripting Screen sharing GDPR Jump Items

Cons
None so far as using it for more than 3 years

Sergey Morozov

Providing remote support to every user - priceless!

Reviewed 2018-07-04

All-inclusive remote support solution at your fingertips. Nothing like helping remotely an executive, who is traveling and urgently needs IT assistance.

Pros
Powerful solution for every IT Administrator. Not only you can remotely assist virtually every user on your network, you can also invite external representatives, should there be a need. Another feature that I like specifically is being able to present, where a remote user can see your screen. This can be used for training purposes. Recording can always be benefitial. Seamless AD integration and policy assignment helps with user administration. Pretty much set it and forget it service. While there are many competitors out there, I would always go with Bomgar.

Cons
Cost! This product is expensive. I mean, it's worth every penny for what it does, but getting such solution for your company may be a challenge. Another problem that I noticed is the Bomgar console for Mac users. While a Mac user can connect to the workstations and servers, that already have the jum client installed, an ability to "jump" to any workstation is not there. For such instances, I have to use my Bomgar cosole on the PC.

Jason Merrell

This is amazing remote support

Reviewed 2019-05-15

This is almost like the internet for us. When it goes out we are not having a good day. The good and bad to that is that if the internet goes out we are out of this, but other than that we have only had one time where it went out and that was because our device needed to be replaced. Another selling point to it was that we were able to get a backup uploaded to their support and they setup a cloud appliance so we could get right back up and working.

Pros
I love everything about this product. This is super easy to use, it has tons of great features, its rock solid and they have great support. The remote feature itself is great but that is a small part compared to what all else this can do. You can do just about anything you want or need to computers as you connect. If you are working on specific things and have scripts or software to run, this make it very easy to run those from the console. We have tons of scripts setup to run in the background to fix any number of issues.

Cons
Honestly the only thing to dislike is the price. This is definitely at the top end of remote support products, but i think it justified by what all you can do with this.

Abby Glock

Useful for IT issues

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-12-07

Overall this has been a great tool and allows you to have IT help at your fingertips as if you had someone sitting right next to you.

Pros
Bomgar allows our IT department to remote into our workstations and address computer issues. It's very user friendly! Once opening the program our IT tech will provide a session key number which you enter and allows them to remote in and take over. I'm generally on the phone with IT while they are accessing my system, but there is also a chat feature that allows you to communicate with whoever is remoting in. Both users can utilize the mouse or keyboard, so I can show them exactly what I clicked on or what error message I am encountering. It has saved so much time as our IT team is relatively small, and an inability to access programs or have a functioning computer can easily impact patient care. I don't have to wait hours for a ticket number to get assigned to a person who has to triage me along with tons of other people. You can also get a transcript of your chat after you have closed the session. There's an icon that will appear on the top right hand corner of your screen to let you know you are connected and someone else has access, and it's easy to know that the session has ended because the icon disappears and there's a notification that you have logged out.

Cons
I have no problems with this software! I have never had trouble with it loading, and each time I've had to use it it has booted up quickly without error, runs smoothly while someone else is accessing my computer, and is incredibly easy to navigate and use.

Michael Peters

The Swiss Army Knife of Remote Support and Unattended Management!

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Pros
Ease of initial setup was a breeze for my cloud based Bomgar instance. I was able to have customers connecting within a matter of hours. The ability to deploy Bomgar Jump Clients on machines which I need instant access to when providing managed services is simple and works wonderfully. No other remote support software offers the features that the Bomgar product boasts, which does contribute to the price of the product versus the competition.

Cons
Pricing model is difficult and is not feasible for small companies, or companies just getting started. The yearly fee for a cloud hosted instance is quite significant, and purchasing your own Bomgar appliance is even more significant.

Anonymous

You can forget about regular RDP with this revolutionary product

Reviewed 2019-01-13

Our organization is spread across the globe and have been acquiring more companies. Bomgar has helped us to continue site services task during the time of mergers and acquisitions and in case the network tunnel is down

Pros
Where to start from, first and foremost you dont have to be on network to have an RDP session with a user. During my 3 years of experience as a security analyst, I have had trouble multiple times for not being able to reach user or have a session when the user is off network. I used to work with skype in these cases, but from last 1 year, skype is going really fast towards its end. Plus, if you are an admin, you can straight away hop onto a machine with bomgar client installed without user's approval. If the user does not have a client installed, a bomgar session can also take place via browser.

Cons
It is a client based system. I have had trouble setting up bomgar sessions via browser. Apart from that, I have had absolutely no trouble using bomgar

Cam Philbeck

Bomgar gives us total access to all aspects of pc troubleshooting. Saves thousands/year in travel!

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Greatly reduced travel costs for branch office desktop support. Faster response for client issues. Recovered hundreds of hours of travel time.

Pros
Access to troubleshoot most pc's and devices even from my phone. Love the ability to script actions that are repetitive on most pc's (set registry keys, install applications, run utilities). I can share remote sessions with other support specialists when needed. Jump clients allow me to initiate support sessions easily with our regular client base or on servers. We even use it to train individuals on new software or processes. License pools - a few licenses allow multiple techs to log in and out as needed. (we use 6 licenses with around 25 support specialists)

Cons
Cost is the biggest con. Up front cost and annual maintenance is pricey, but the cost savings from reduced travel pay for it easily. Audio from remote systems is not available, making troubleshooting of sound issues more difficult.

Andrew Rhine

Bomgar is Great!

Reviewed 2019-01-22

We used this as a back up method for contenting to users and it has always been reliable.

Pros
I have been a Bomgar user for a number of years and it's great. A few if the key features I love are... - Invite users to start a session via sharing you session key with them or sending an email link, this makes it quick and easy to get connected. - Auto reconnect after rebooting or loosing network connection. This is a huge convince! and time saver since you don't have to call the user to get reconnected while working on the issue. - You can easily transfer and share you session with team mates. - Built in chat feature. - Easily View system information and transfer files.

Cons
There are some issues with running it on Google Chome or on a Mac. Its not 100% seamless to users you are connecting to, you have to click though a few things but its still pretty easy.

Richard Cohen

Remote Support made easy

Reviewed 2019-09-07

Supporting users throughout the United States makes this very easy. I use this for software support and also for training as I am an admin for multiple applications and support the Accounting, Tax, Budgeting and Forecasting teams. I use this to do training for new users that will become the SME in those remote areas and can deliver hands on training. I can also easily do remote support by logging onto another users computer

Pros
This is an easy application to use and makes logging into a remote user very easy No learning curve for support Working at company headquarters, I support over 2,000 users for a few different applications. Using Bomgar, I was able to log onto a remote users computer to support and teach different applications. It was very easy to also install software updates (Java and SAP Business Objects)

Cons
We have a limited number of licenses so sometimes I need to wait for someone else to stop using this application

Tyler LeBrun

Bomgar is one of the most commonly used remote connection softwares, and has proven reliable.

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Bomgar allows the quick set-up of remote connections to computer systems. It's especially beneficial when working with users who may not feel comfortable working in-depth with computers, as it requires just a simple download to get set up. The fact that it removes itself after use is a wonderful feature that makes it perfect for one-time uses, such as customer support.

Pros
Bomgar is quick to download and run, and is able to be pinned to the computer it's running on, allowing the remote connection to be opened and connected to later. When you're finished using it, disconnecting will close and uninstall the Bomgar program, ensuring the system cannot be accessed further.

Cons
It's very rare, but I have encountered issues where pinning a Bomgar connection can cause issues on Windows Server 2008. This does not occur on all servers running Windows Server 2008, but at this time it is unclear what is causing this issue. A regular, non-pinned session will not cause any issues. This is also not the software to use if you plan on making repeated connections to a computer. Every time it runs it must be downloaded and ran, vs options like LogMeIn, which can be installed and run in the background so whenever the connection is needed you can remotely access the computer.

Mike Bainter

A good lifeline to have

Reviewed 2017-09-15

The ability to assist my customers wherever they are creates a feeling of confidence in the user. This creates a great working environment and a feeling of teamwork that is priceless.

Pros
The fact I can assist users that are both on and off our network via https is great. I prefer to use Apple Remote Desktop for our Mac users when the clients are on LAN or connected via VPN. When they are offsite with no VPN, it's a lifesaver. Bomgar is essential for Windows PC support however they are connected. The ability to easily transfer files to and from the client, support for some automation using scripts, is a good tool to have.

Cons
Can get bogged down due to bandwidth consumption. The default setting to reduce video display quality is a bit of a bother for both the user and tech specialist. Sometimes the connection fails completely for some unknown reason.

Scott Pepi

The Best Remote Support Tool out there by far!!!!!

Reviewed 2017-12-14

easy access to my remote sales team of 400 reps

Pros
Bomgar remote support is the best tool out there. We have been using it for 9 years, and I used it at a previous employer. The platform is sleek, and the bright orange stands out in our server room. I am on the early adopter's list for new releases, which I jump on to see what new and exciting things Bomgar is doing now. If you need remote support, or you have vendors accessing your servers, I suggest going to Bomgar, and getting a B200 or what fits your needs, as well as the Privileged access manager device, and you will have everything you need.

Cons
I love everything about it, but Id like to be able to transfer files between jump clients so I dont need to download to my local machine, and then transfer to the other client. Other than that, again, its the best

Brian Vincent

It's solidly ok

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Hey, it's a remote support tool and it works. So other than the clunky and ugly interface, it's solidly ok.

Pros
Bomgar does what you'd expect - it provides remote access to systems. There's some granular access you can set up to put systems into groups and assign access permissions, so if that's needed then you have pretty good control over it. There's 2 factor authentication and what appears to be decent security as well.

Cons
The interface is a bit clunky compared to some of the competitors. It doesn't show me everything I'd like to see about systems. For instance, it shows me hostnames, but in order to see who's currently logged in I have to click on a little triangle to expand the host. One of my clients uses a bonehead naming scheme, so I'm constantly digging through hosts to see who's using which machine. Some of the competitors to Bomgar show this information right on their management screen and a simple CTRL-F in the browser window will find the info you need.

Great ealy connections

Reviewed 2019-09-11

Overall a great experience. Connects quickly with just one prompt if you have the jump client installed. Easy to use same product for manual connection as well.

Pros
Allows for easy connections to other computers. Can use a jump client that will allow computers with it installed to be access from outside your network with just an internet connection.

Cons
There is no copy and paste support. The general queue in the representative console is hard to manage and requires to many manipulations.

Mike Mueller

Bomgar Makes Remote Support And Client Connection Simple

Reviewed 2019-02-15

The Bomgar console allows us to use admin credentials and elevate rights if it becomes necessary. Screen sharing is simple, collaboration from different team members takes a few simple clicks. Bomgar is the top of the line in security. Analysts can see all displays and the session can be either set up by the user or by the client. Bomgar has resolved several high urgency issues for our clients. Bomgar is one of the greatest assets to our company.

Pros
Bomgar allows users to access and take control of our clients computer using a website. Users are able to access the website from anywhere making connection simple and efficiently enabling us to share files and troubleshoot efficiently. Multiple users are able to log into one remote system.

Cons
Entering Admin credentials through the console is not always simple. It is sometimes hard to direct clients to the correct Bomgar page.

Anonymous

BomGuard is an excellent support tool

Reviewed 2019-03-16

Overall experience was positive. We were able to get the tool approved and used as a standard within our group. We also generated a process that allowed other departments to use the tool. There were several groups that supported other tools, but with the data, we generated during beta, we were able to get it approved. We would recommend.

Pros
We’ve been using BomGuard for about 1 year. The tool is a little too hard to get used to, but once you learned tricks it very useful. Features are really good for what we use it for. It’s flexible and very user-friendly. I was part of a team that helped evaluate if the tool can be used as part of our IT solution. Once we had the tool setup, it was pretty easy to use.

Cons
We tested BomGuard with several other remote support applications. It wasn’t as robust and feature-rich as the other competing tools. Although the features were enough to be able to support several of our locations. We were able to do workarounds to customize the tool to align with our processes.

Nicholas Lassalle

Bomgar Review

Reviewed 2018-11-18

It has been integral for us at this time. We are going through open enrollment and implementation with ADP so we have had to use it several times in the past month. ADP has been able to connect us through Bomgar, see our screen and verify all of our benefit plan setups, eligibility class, home page and open enrollment profile. They have also showed us how to implement all of these items correctly through Bomgar and very useful since we are working on a remote basis.

Pros
It is a great resource in order to connect a third party administrator and be able to share screens to relay information in real time. I currently use it with ADP and we use this in order to collaborate information by sharing each other's screens to make sure there is a correct setup in ADP, address and fix issues that we are having with the system and ensure that we have correct format such as our homepage. It is very simple to use and accept the Bomgar from ADP and connects very quickly.

Cons
The only downside is that you have to accept the software, allow it to connect, accept the terms and conditions, accept the user and then allow for the user to connect. It would be easier if it was web based and allowed for one connection to the user.

Good Remote Software, but not the Greatest

Reviewed 2019-07-29

the remote function of this software is flawless with at least a 99.8% success and speed rating. it allows us to connect immediately and securely to our client without worrying about disconnects or slowdowns or any other possible issues that may arise with a breach of the connection due to hackers.

Pros
I like the fact that the speed and security of the connection to the remote client are quick and secure without any drops except only on a few occasions which was found to be a bug in the release of one of the installers they had released.

Cons
the file transfer capability and continuity needs improvement. there were issues at sometimes with larger files where the software would just simply quit on a client system and would not resume. we made sure that the client system was more than above standard for handling a file transfer as we usually do this on a higher end workstation or server. this creates a severe impact with not only the client,but with our company as well when performing remote diagnostic services where files need to be uploaded to us.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Marc Anthony

Best Support Software

Reviewed 2019-03-05

My overall experience with this Remote Support is flawless, from my remote support to my clients as well as their support to me.

Pros
Their Support is immediate and professional. Very secure connection to give support to your users. Technical support from Bomgar is impecable, as well as for their hardware as the software itself. The ease of use of the software from your Mobile, Surface, PC is very well thought out and laid out. I can be sure of the connection and can give support to my users and check on my servers at any given moment without any hassle, with just a data connection. Jump PC, and monitor the status of the users' PC at that moment.

Cons
Not sure there were any, just getting used to at the beginning with the options the first day and off you go.