Big Cartel Logo

Big Cartel

eCommerce software for artists and creative professionals

Big Cartel Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.21/10

Reviews by rating

I have one shop on Big Cartel, I made it super easy and super fast.
It has been really great so far. Thanks for your services, Big Cartel.
The software is very limited in multiple areas and other softwares that are equivalently priced and provide more features exist readily.
I find that there are no negative aspects to say about Big Cartel.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

"Big Cartel Review: An In-Depth Look at the Simple E-commerce Platform for Designers"

"Big Cartel is a user-friendly e-commerce platform with simple customization options. However, it may not be suitable for complex or large-scale online stores and lack built-in features and tools."

Pros

"Big Cartel's simple and user-friendly interface makes it easy for me to create and manage a visually appealing online store.""The platform's customization options and integration with various design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, allow me to create a unique and professional-looking website."

Cons

"Big Cartel's design options and customization capabilities are more limited compared to some other e-commerce platforms, which may not be suitable for more complex or large-scale online stores.""The platform's built-in features and tools are less comprehensive, which may require additional third-party apps or integrations to add functionality to the website."

AA

Albert A.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Best Software for a Start-up Small Business Wishing to Start Online Selling

Big Cartel has helped us build our online shop for our business. Starting from just 5 items on the free version to having more than 250 items listed on our website. Customers never had any issues when placing orders and the software is also very well priced. Really recommended!

Pros

Big Cartel has been the best software that I found in order to start selling products online from our business. The fact that it is free of charge for listing the first 5 products enabled us to assess the quality of the software without having to pay for any subscription. After seeing that it was helping our business to grow, we eventually subscribed and we are very satisfied with the result. Great Value for Money!

Cons

The only issue that I face sometimes is that when I access Big Cartel on my phone and navigate from the Products Page to the Orders Page or vice versa, the software logs me out and I would need to sign in again. This only happens once in a while but other than that I am really satisfied with such software.

CH

Cassidy H.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Big Cartel Review

Overal my experience was satisfactory I just needed to move on to a more detailed platform

Pros

I honestly used big cartel as an introduction to w commerce platforms so i appreciate the learning experience it provided

KA

Kirstie A.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Big Cartel - easy and cheap

I never had to use the help desk as it was so easy to work. Really clear and self explanatory.

Pros

I used Big Cartel for years and found it cheap and easy to use for clients and for management. It integrates seamlessly with PayPal. I use it less now as I have another system in place that suits better as I need a booking system but for selling stuff I think it's a great system. It's also easy to stop /. start / upgrade as and when you need it

Cons

For what I used it for I didn't have any dislikes, however I don't use it very much any more as it really only worked for selling stuff (events or products) whereas I need a calendar based booking system.

KJ

Khadijah J.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Current Big Cartel user Xhl Botanics on facebook

I would use again and I'm still using now. Way better than wix and simpler than sites like Etsy to set up but has the same quality in my opinion

Pros

This was the best software I ever used. I love it. It's simple. The in person sell is phenomenal

Cons

I can't find an issue off the top of my head. The good outweighs the bad.

PL

Pierrene L.

Investment Management, 1-10 employees

Big Cartel- The Boss of Ecommerce

It has been really great so far. Thanks for your services, Big Cartel.

Pros

I love the fact that small businesses like my mine are given the opportunity to have an online store free of cost. And if we want, we can upgrade to the $9.99 plan with 50 products -which is super afforable for an ecommerce store. I have always wanted an online store, and Big Cartel made it possible. Thanks a million! Kudos.

Cons

Well, I have not found anything that I don't like. Not yet. And I hope I don't. Big Cartel has been really simple and easy for me as I am doing this all on my own.

Raven D.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Inexpensive but Needs More features

Pros

I liked the price and the fact that I could list my inventory without any issues.

Cons

They payment processors weren’t enough. You can only use things like credit cards or PayPal but not integrate Afterpay or Sezzle. So it was pretty limited.

Romain O.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Excellent

Pros

Big Cartel is a user-friendly platform for everyone.

Cons

I find that there are no negative aspects to say about Big Cartel.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

Build Business Shop for Easy and FREE!

I have one shop on Big Cartel, I made it super easy and super fast. And all that for FREE!

Pros

Easy to make, easy to add products, 5 free sites.

Cons

You are limited only to 5 products on your shop.

KD

Kerby D.

Defense & Space, 10,001+ employees

Okay software for newer small business

This is an okay app for new business. However, in order to grow your business and manage high traffic customers and products you will need to switch softwares

Pros

This software was cost friendly. It was easy to navigate and use

Cons

It did not provide as many features as other softwares

GJ

Gabriella J.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

So helpful for my small business!!

Pros

I am an artist selling artwork and Big cartel has made it so easy to create a nice platform and ship my works easily!

Cons

Everything is very easy to use however I wish there were more design elements.

JH

John H.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Was Okay

Overall experience was pretty good but I'd only recommend it to someone who needed a limited amount of features.

Pros

When I first started out as an artist Big Cartel was cheaper & more simple that other options. It was great until it became limiting.

Cons

As I progressed in my art career I needed more functionality than what Big Cartel could offer. Eventually I decided it was worth paying a little more for a more diverse platform.

TT

Tony T.

Printing, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great for beginners.

It’s a great tool to utilize when start

Pros

It allowed us to step our foot into e-commerce without a large investement

Cons

It’s not as robust as Shopify. We essentially grew out of Big Cartel and needed more options.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Easy to use website management system for new shops

Overall I was satisfied in beginning but once shop took off I chose to switch due to Big Cartel not having a lot of add on features

Pros

Very easy to use and inexpensive product.

Cons

Not fully customizable and not a lot of add on features