Shopify Logo

User ratings

4.5

5.7K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.5/10

See full reviews by rating

We love that is is really use to use, to manage the products and check the orders. It is very user friendly, which is really helpful when you have a large team.
I love how easy it is to check out. I love there is a card swiping device too so payments are flawlessly done.
Shopify is a popular tool with great support that makes it easy to get started an online e-commerce business. It has also great integration across different platforms like Laptops/PCs and smartphones.
Was not very much support on the stubborn aps that refuse to leave when you delete them.
Sometimes on the app I have trouble tracking my package either error from the sending company or from the something on my end in not understanding the app to it's fullest.
Bad practice, leaves a bad taste in the mouth. No other company does that.

Shopify users...

Wix

BigCommerce-logocaret
+ 20

BigCommerce

How would you rate Shopify?

5,731 reviews

TA

Trevor A.

Product Owner, CRO Services

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

The only platform I would use for Ecommerce

Transcript

Trevor A: Hey, my name is Trevor. I'm a director of conversion rate optimization services at an agency...

Love Shopify

Transcript

Allison: Hi, my name is Allison and I'm the owner of a boys retail clothing boutique, and I give Shopify...

Sdmraza

Overall my experiences is perfect, i am currently using it and found it almost satisfactory.

Pros

A complete Shopping cart tool which you can use to market your product all over the world.

Cons

Need more payment gateway options to be flexible and user friendly.

The best place to start for e-commerce

Overall, I think Shopify is the place to be if you are a small business with an online shop. It's functional, organized, and looks professional to your customers. It's not the most simple to learn, but it's not too complicated and once you figure it out it's smooth sailing.

Pros

I love the assurance that the site you build will look good and function well, and the back end capabilities as far as analytics, taxes, shipping, and customer information are totally on point. A great place to start for a new online business

Cons

I always wished the site building part was more customizable, I felt it wasn't flexible enough for the styles I wanted. I think the new versions of the Themes (the 2.0's) are a thousand times better, and so it's not really an issue anymore

Shopify: Best E-commerce Platform to sell large number of products.

If you need to sell more than 1,000 products, Shopify is the best option, but for fewer items, Wordpress is the best option because it allows us to do a lot of things as compared to Shopify.

Pros

Shopify offers over 100 mobile-friendly designs for website design. It offers a financial dashboard where you can track your sales and revenues. The dashboard allows us to easily track product orders. You will receive unlimited bandwidth after purchasing any Shopify subscription (which can accommodate an endless amount of website visits). It includes marketing and SEO tools. Because numerous payment gateway interfaces may be implemented, you should have no issue collecting money from your clients. Additionally, the 24/7 customer assistance is available if you have any questions about utilising Shopify.

Cons

Shopify is not recommended for SEO because it was intended as an e-commerce platform rather than a generic website platform. We can only set three product attributes in Shopify: size, colour, and material. Furthermore, because the data is kept on Shopify, we are unable to save a backup of your website. And if we want to customise our site by changing the templates, we'll need to hire a web designer who understands the "Liquid" programming language. The most significant consideration before utilising Shopify is that we cannot easily migrate the blog from another web development platform(like Squarepsace, Wordpress) . Migrating to Shopfy is really challenging.

Shopify Review

Shopify is a great E-commerce Website for any level or type of E-commerce business. It is very easy to integrate with any Website (not custom bases), like Woocommerce, Magento, or your Amazon or Flipkart seller accounts, it has a hassle-free onboarding process, pay the charges, and start using it right away, it is quite Scaleable product, as one doesn't have to worry about Traffic, Shopify servers...

Pros

Pros:- >> Very easy to integrate with any Website (not custom bases), like Woocommerce, Magento, or your Amazon or Flipkart seller accounts. >> Hassle-free onboarding process, pay the charges, and start using it right away. >> Scaleable product, as one doesn't have to worry about Traffic, Shopify servers handle everything just fine. >> Custome integration is also possible via Shopify Developer's community. >> All features of an E-commerce platform are fulfilled through it, one doesn't have to move anywhere >> Connects to a lot of third Party Logistics like Shiprocket, Shyplite and Pickrr so one doesn't have to worry about Logistics.

Cons

Cons:- >> Pricing is just too high for large scale D2C Brands >> Customization is not possible easily >> To get into touch with Shopify sales or tech team is a pain in itself.

Shopify The Hard Truth

I have been using shopify for over 2 years, and I have helped get fellow business friends to move over to as well. I made the change from square pos system and have not looked back. But my business model also changed so it made sense to make the move to a more online presence instead pops up and live auctions.

Pros

The Ability to integrate with other platforms so you don't keep all your eggs in one basket so to speak. Building your web presents takes a while a long long time. By having the ability to push your products to other platforms and make money is why I stay with shopify.

Cons

That there is not more sales channels that I could integrate with like depop, mercari, poshmark, etc.

Shopify Review

My overall experience regarding this product is excellent. It is secure and provides 24/7 customer support.

Pros

Shopify is best at managing products inventory and tracking orders. It is easy to use and provide optimization automatically.

Cons

Sometimes we need more custom changes in our store. For that one's need to have a basic knowledge of liquid. So for advanced customization , there is a need to learn liquid language.

The only expense my shop has that I play gladly monthly.

Ive been using Shopify for so many years. It's amazing to see its transformation over the years, you can see how they're getting better in every aspect they can.

Pros

Its so efficient, easy to use, and their costumer service has never let me down.

Cons

Maybe that it's not a free to edit the design as other softwares. They're working on it though.

Quick eCommerce setup with plenty of third party integrations

Pros

Very easy and fast to set up. Interface is very intuitive, it offers cloud services and customer support is very good as well. You can have a solid eCommerce website running in a few days.

Cons

When working with product suscriptions, still there are some limitations, you cannot integrate any payment platform, there are some restrictions on eligibility for product suscriptions.

Shopify Review

Pros

I really like how organized everything is. I'm just starting my business and Shopify has really made it easy not only to create my website but then keep my business organized as it grows.

Cons

The apps from the Shopify app store don't have many free options for you to choose from.

Shopify ,the best shop online i naver seen

The problem that it solve me is thé problem of security

Pros

What i like the best is it's easy to use

Cons

What i like the least is he is not créé.

JAM Shopify Review

Well, around the beginning of the pandemic, I noticed many stores at physical locations closing. People were panicking with uncertainty of where to look next for their clothing, their shoes, anything else they may need. I got into retail to give consumers the reliable option the next time stores regardless of the reason ever closed down again, the solution of coming to an online store, knowing it is...

Pros

I like how I am able to run my retail business with a ton of support behind it, there is so much software ranging from Shopify's own to others I integrate that making building, growing the business less stressful. I really, really, like Shopify's accounting software that leaves people stunned! It allows me to keep better track of sales, fees, costs, and also allows me to project where finances may...

Cons

There is a passive-aggressive push for a Commerce plan to use on the software. Sure, for small businesses already on its mid approach that's appropriate as the developers should assist them as much as possible, but for many struggling business, the constant passive-aggressive push when logging onto the software can be a real pain, especially when focusing on order management. Regarding integration,...

Works reasonably well out of the box

Shopify is a good platform to get you up and running very quickly. It is one big ecosystem that sometimes works in your favour but unfortunately very much works in theirs.

Pros

Shopify does a good job of enabling you to start selling very quickly. You need to be aware that this only includes very limited functionality though and any extra options you may need to add, even as simple as a pre-sale or adding meta fields (custom fields) requires an monthly fee for an App. We currently have 5 Apps installed that almost cost the same as our subscription charge but I have been involved in some Shopify projects where the App to subscription charge was triple. You need to really consider what functionality you deem necessary before adding extra apps as this can all add up. Of course if the functionality is necessary and pays for itself with one order then it is all worth it.

Cons

The core functionality is a little limited. Shopify+ has the promise of almost unlimited functionality but the cost is prohibitive for most shops and even though they could give standard Shopify users access to some of these functions they don’t so most functionality does require an App

Good ecommerce platform

My domain is hosted by a different company but I was able to easily link the shopify site to my domain using the DNS as shop.domain.uk The customer loyalty scheme that I added in as a free app has been really well received by customers. May not seem like the cheapest solution when you start but after a while you find that it is a really great solution. Can be scaled up for POS if you want to go bricks and mortar

Pros

The order and stock management system is really good. The platform allows you to create tags and searchable functions which in turn help your customers. A variety of different payment methods can be added Holiday mode can be activated where orders are not accepted and you pay a lower monthly fee. Lots of great templates to use to create your site quickly. Great apps that you can integrate including things like newsletter sign up or customer loyalty schemes

Cons

Takes a little while to add all your products but worth it once done. If you want to set up automatic postage costs you will need to know the weight of everything you have on your site.

Great E-Commerce Software!

Overall, I recommend this software for anyone looking for an e-commerce software with a lot of great features and functionality for a reasonable price. I have had very few issues with this software over the years, and I am overall satisfied with how well it has worked on our website.

Pros

We have been using this at my company for years and it has lots of features that make e-commerce very simple. This is how we facilitate and track sales on our website, and it’s always gone very smooth with this software.

Cons

Customer service could be a bit quicker to respond.

My Shopify experience

I loved using the app. It was a bit challenging to build my store when I first started but I hired someone to make it professional and it honestly looked great! I loved seeing how the apps worked and brought my store to life to help upsell products, setting up the codes can be a bit difficult and also learning how to read the analytics of your store is a bit complex. I didn't make that many sales but...

Pros

I like the efficiency of the software. It's easy to use, simple to navigate, can take some time to understand the conversion rates and percentages of everything but overall pretty good app. I like the configuration and the training videos are helpful in some cases as well.

Cons

I definitely did not like how they charged for the apps to integrate into the store. It's a lot of hassle having to sign up for those apps just to get slammed with the monthly fees on top of the cost of the shopify store itself especially in the first few months when you're just starting out and you don't even make a sale. Those monthly fees got one of my stores closed.

Shopify Customer Review

Shopify enabled us to expand our eBay operation and become fully independent. We are able to display our products and retain our identity online.

Pros

It is easy to use and learn. Errors can be rectified easily and cataloging is easy once you understand the basics of tagging. Themes offered are easy to use and modify. Customer service is available any time and phone reps are well spoken and fluent in english. Very good option is considering a move from eBay with their ever changing policies.

Cons

The software does take time to learn and there are limitations as it is not a tailored custom solution. But there are work around and almost any functionality can be added or achieved on shopify.

Software buyer's review

Like mentioned before Shopify helped alot as global retail operating system supporting modern development: -No need for high capital investment. -No need for inventory management. -No need for warehouse/ rental space. and up until this very sameday people find Shopify reliable, safe, it's functionality, marketability and Cost-effectiveness on point. It's setup helped and still helping customers from small to mid-business to grow big on their e-commerce site.

Pros

Best online supplier easy to start, customer don't have to wait forever to receive their orders. Low cost start-up, loads of products gaining popularity in the boom of online selling/buying. It really helps with clients complains or refunds, no worry of shopping, specifically no ware house needed, no inventory management requirements. Strong customer support system 24/7 navigation (CTA) on point,...

Cons

Shopify brings a high number of orders but interm of dropshiping stable, we all know protection is key regardlessly people of sudden expectation still find online a risky tool for running a lucrative business, have more additional invest on cyberpunk, system support (HTTPS)& (SSL) so customers can see conveniently infor safety requirements. SSL is basic when pertaining to encrypt sensitive details. if shopify can find sold way to insure customer's 99.9% safety through administrative panel from as mere as it's typography-shipping setting straightforward method on click will be better. And as of making clear to customers when& they'll get their products hence upgrade payment card industry requirements. A (visual appeal) need more eye-catching themes no need for receptive regular outlook.

Shopify is the best way to start ecommerce

I ought to say this is the stage that I might want to use for my online business clients. Presumably that they are working really hard structure. I trust Shopify start a respectable client assistance that we can call and allow us to pose inquiries as a paying client.

Pros

So natural to simply import all my client's items and the day after that large number of items where on Google's most memorable page that astounded me. Extremely simple to arrangement and use. I use it for my client's internet based shop.

Cons

Where do I started? - Only a couple of free site topic! truly?? indeed, even we're burning through $30/month we need to pay like $300 to get a respectable subject! - Although the vast majority (counting myself) thought there was such countless instructional exercises on web however there isn't sufficient. A large portion of them are being made by the more established rendition and doesn't match the new look. - Google's page speed test is continuously showing lower speed contrasting with different stages like Wordpress. - No client assistance which isn't adequate

Shopify, Great for Running Your Buisness

Shopify has overall been very wonderful for my business and myself. I am able to track manage ship all products to customers without a big hassle which is definitely providing me to give great customer service which can be very hard to manage for some businesses who who aren't able to complete these steps and their sales. I'm able to keep up with everything that is going on with my business and the revenue. So I definitely would recommend Shopify for anyone and everyone looking for a software capable of helping you manage and feel 100% confident your sales.

Pros

Features that are very impactful and that I like most about Shopify software is it is easy to understand and set up your business to run on. Customer support is also great which is key when choosing a software to help manage your work. It definitely is easy to work with and customers always satisfied with how simple the whole process ends up being.

Cons

Interrogation with my business process was not difficult. I do tend to understand and grasp technology and its navigation fairly easily but the software shopify provides is definitely a Top Choice in my opinion for anyone because they make it easy for many many businesses to understand and not feel confused about what you are doing. The only thing I do wish is that Shopify gave you more customisation options as two themes of the software changing colors or fonts with tons of options. This is only because I love to make all my sites pictures and apps colorful different unique.

I love using Shopify for my Ecommerce Shop!

Overall, I love Shopify despite the minor improvements they could implement, and I believe it is definitely the best ecommerce platform out there especially for beginners!

Pros

What I love about Shopify is that it is incredibly user friendly, anyone can use it to start a business. I also like the app store a lot because there is an app for almost anything you need in order to run an ecommerce shop from finding products to setting up email marketing and Website Design. They have a number of free website templates that are easy to use and look great, and they offer a free two week trial for each store you open with them before you decide to stay with them or not!

Cons

Some of the apps from the app store can be pretty costly each month, although that is more down to the app designer than Shopify. I also wish there was a better way of categorizing products within the broader category option because I sell hundreds of products in my store. I have to resort to paying for an app to do this for me.

Shopify Review

Shopify is one of the top rated ecommerce platforms available on the market today. It’s designed to assist, and help you construct your own scalable online business, with lot's of amazing integrated features, and apps to choose from. Shopify gives you the option to sell directly on your website, and across multiple marketplaces, and social media.

Pros

Shopify’s effective backend editor and awesome inventory system make it simple for managing and scaling stores. You are able to sell across numerous channels, which include Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and eBay. Shopify gives you the option to choose from a selection of free, and paid templates. If you would prefer to use your own layout, you can make your very own from scratch. Shopify has a brilliant library of apps and third party extensions that will help take your business to the next level. Shopify has over one hundred price options to choose from, in addition to presenting their very own gateway, Shopify Payments. Shopify has thorough, round the clock consumer support, and is accessible 24/7 to provide an assisting hand in case you ever need help in a sticky predicament.

Cons

Shopify is not as smooth to operate as some other platforms on the market. Shopify’s editor can be a little challenging to begin with, and takes some time getting use to. Shopify has fewer integrated functions than other platforms, so you’ll want to use other apps to simply raise the operation of your store. Shopify has high transaction fees. Unless you always use Shopify Payments, you will end up having to pay a big transaction fee on top of other payment gateway costs. Shopify is more costly than it appears to be. Transaction fees, a long with additional apps can increase the monthly cosy of running your store.

Shopify Review - What to know

Shopify is an easy-to-use platform. It has a clean, intuitive UI and gives a generally positive user experience, although there are a few of flaws with content layout and graphics that are worth focusing in on. Shopify also makes entrepreneurship more accessible to everyone looking for a way to generate their own money. You can quickly set up your store and campaigns while also creating rich, unique experiences similar to those seen from big brands with Shopify. Shopify Inbox is a free messaging software that helps you engage with consumers and sell more by chatting with them. All from Shopify, you can manage client discussions, send automated messages, and gain data to focus on chats that convert.

Pros

Shopify is the most user-friendly eCommerce platform, with a great balance of strength and simplicity. Shopify's plugin and theme markets are incredible. Shopify allows for true multi-currency selling, which is something that many competitor systems do not allow. Shopify has a free email marketing tool that allows you to host and email up to 2,500 subscribers. If you utilize Shopify Payments, the built-in payment processing system, there are no transaction costs. Shopify supports a huge variety of external payment gateways. Before committing to Shopify, you can sample it for free and without giving your credit card information.

Cons

Key feature that you might expect to be available out of the box frequently requires the installation of an app, which can make store setup a little more hard than you'd want or cause your site to slow down a little. Shopify will set you back $30 per month or more, which may seem exorbitant when compared to some of the open source alternatives. Professional reporting is only available on the more expensive subscriptions. If you aren't using 'Shopify Shipping' to provide real-time carrier rates to your consumers, or if you live in a location where it isn't available, this functionality can be rather costly, or it may need you to purchase an annual subscription. Some of the more interesting features are only available on the more expensive subscriptions.

Is this the right E-Commerce platform for your SMB?

Easy to use platform, fast, and has a lot of documentation. Good customer support and extremely friendly to all levels of experience. But it comes at a not so insignificant price, specially at the early stages, and more customization will be expensive and require a significant investment and experience from a qualified developer.

Pros

Shopify is an out of the box ecommerce platform where you can be up and running in less than 10 minutes. But, is that good enough?. All that you need to create a good experience and nice looking e-commerce, can be very easy if you know what to do and are familiar with templates. Setting up everything including payment is EASY, fast, and everything happens in real time.

Cons

I don't see this as a "cheap software", specially if you come from a non european union / north america country. It has many layers of costs, first the upfront monthly fee, and also they take a small percentage out of your sales. It's an amazing business model for them, not so much for the small user. Also, nowadays, with so many people using shopify out there for their e-commerce, all stores look a like. It's hard to find a Shopify e-commerce store with a unique experience. And any additional change that you'd like to do that you can't do in the editor, you'll need an experienced developer.

Shopify is the best option for ecommerce

Shopify helps me develop amazing stores, that work well in all devices and can easily integrate to more platforms needed within my sales system. I’m greatly pleased with the platform so far and excited to see which new features might come in the future.

Pros

Shopify it’s a platform built for ecommerce specifically, therefore all its features provide a better process for all the activities an ecomm needs to have, compared to different softwares that were built mainly as corporate websites and now include options to accept payments. It’s easy to use, comes with limitations in design as all templates are pre-approved by user design experts and it’s designed to deliver a great experience, so if you are looking for 100% customization you might need to reconsider the goals of your project. It’s also great to be able to add more apps / softwares that enable features that give you a more powerful platform for your business. And lastly, I believe their support team is great, as I always get fast response to my inquiries.

Cons

There are limitations in customization and you can’t enable multi-currency stores unless you are in one of the countries accepted.

Why Shopify is the number 1 online shop builder

Love it! You don't require frantic tech abilities, you do not need to bother with an endless financial plan, and you don't have to employ anybody to make your fantasy a reality. This makes Shopify a speedy and reasonable approach to creating a successful online store - No experience needed and you could literally begin constructing today from you mobile or computer!

Pros

Shopify is one of the most incredible web based business stages available today, particularly assuming that you maintain a bigger business. It's intended to assist with peopling fabricate their own, adaptable web-based store with many implicit elements, and huge loads of applications. You can sell items straightforwardly on your site, and across numerous commercial centres and web-based media.

Cons

There are just ten free subject layouts. In the event that you don't have any of the free layouts you should pay a one-time charge to utilize any of different subjects. In the event that you need broad customization you should comprehend Shopify's Liquid code or recruit a specialist in the event that you don't.