Shopify

Everything you need to sell anywhere. Trusted by 160k stores

Shopify Reviews

Pros

I've been super happy with it and their product only gets better and better as more third-party companies have smooth integrations.

Sam H.

Most satisfied software and the website ever,categories and edditing methods are perfect and easy as nothing,even for a person who dont know about website creating, im satisfied.

Kavinda B.

Good, I have recommended it to multiple friends. I think it could use some updating but overall it's a great startup for businesses.

Schanel W.

Cons

Was not very much support on the stubborn aps that refuse to leave when you delete them.

Sometimes on the app I have trouble tracking my package either error from the sending company or from the something on my end in not understanding the app to it's fullest.

Heather W.

Bad practice, leaves a bad taste in the mouth. No other company does that.

Lana B.

2,364

1,172

3,845 reviews

The only platform I would use for Ecommerce

Transcript

Trevor A: Hey, my name is Trevor. I'm a director of conversion rate optimization services at an agency...

Love Shopify

Transcript

Allison: Hi, my name is Allison and I'm the owner of a boys retail clothing boutique, and I give Shopify...

Don't Shop Around, Shop-ify!

Overall, Shopify has been good to me. They made me a Partner because of the – you know I can't actually recall what the criteria was to become one – maybe you just apply to become one. But if you are a Partner, you can develop stores at no cost, and then get paid a referral fee and a residual for transferring it to a paying client. A very nice gesture towards us store-builders – I wish all creative software or SaaS platforms were as fiscally friendly. They also make it easy for devs looking to expand into Shopify App creation – so they can be on the receiving end of that sweet, month-to-month autocharged booty.

Pros

Shopify is where it's at if you want to get involved in the whole Direct 2 Consumer craze! You could literally have a store, up and running and transactional in 10 minutes assuming you're computer / web literate, have a bank account, and a product to sell...For getting up and running with hundreds of attractive themes to choose from (not all on Shopify.com, there are online stores that sell themes...)...

Cons

In the beginning, I found it a bit cumbersome to deal with large catalogs with lots of variants (color / size) per sku. But Shopify and their lightning-fast chat support are nothing if not good listeners and they've made editing part of, or your whole catalog, much easier than ever before, with tons of filters for tailoring your product selection on the back end, to making almost any variable from...

Shopify - Easy to use and looks great!

Overall, Shopify has been a great experience. It does everything well, and even though the backend can sometimes get confusing, the front-end product it delivers to users is beautiful and efficient. I highly recommend Shopify if someone is thinking about launching an online store. It's simple if you need it to be, and complex if you need to expand to fulfill a large online e-commerce presence.

Pros

Shopify is very good at what it does. I like that Shopify can be streamlined and simple, or complex and robust. It's easy to have a store up and running within a few hours. However, if you want to do Shopify well, I recommend diving into its vast features and offerings. One of Shopify's best features is their analytics tracking. When logging in, Shopify gives an overview dashboard of what is happening in your store. You can see recent orders, sales trends, and even where you're slacking on order fulfillment. Additionally, Shopify provides stats on abandoned checkout cart conversion percentage compared to other stores, sales earnings compared to previous weeks, and even shows which users are live on the site at the moment you view it.

Cons

Shopify has many, many strong points. However, it does get tricky with its product categorization. The way to classify product tags and collections is not intuitive, and can definitely confuse new users. Additionally, Shopify makes order shipping label printing difficult when not paired with one of their partners (USPS, UPS, DHL).

Thought I was signing up for an Integrated POS System and Website

Feels like Shopify sucks you in and is not transparent. When you realize what the system doesn’t do...they apologize and are very kind but not very helpful. There are a bunch of awkward apps you can buy to fix the problems but they don’t work very well. Wish someone would just make an easy functioning system that met business that sell inventory on line and in person.

Pros

It is easy to get a website up and running. Adding products is easy.

Cons

WHERE DO I BEGIN: -inventory records only go back three months...I was horrified to find out I lost 4 months of inventory records. -to print a receipt...you need to buy and download an app...it is awkward to use and takes a couple minutes for the receipt to upload before you can print it. -to have employees log in you need to download and app and pay monthly -you can not do a credit on someone’s account...

Shopify Store Impact

I would recommend this product to somebody else if you are just beginning your journey with e-commerce and you do not want to waste a lot of time launching or developing a website.

Pros

I really like the user interface because it's not complicating to read or review and it doesn't take away time from any person that's just beginning to write or develop their own website.

Cons

I do not like the paid website templates I think it should be more open sourced to integrate with sites such as WordPress and woocommerce so that more people can access this platform; however, I do understand they provide a holistic package for small to medium sized businesses which is much more affordable than some options.

Best e-commerce Website Hosting Platform

Our clients are extremely happy with Shopify as a website hosting platform and have seen positive increases in their business from having a platform that works so well.

Pros

Shopify is extremely user friendly and is designed to not break with updating like many of the other website hosting platforms. It is easy to update and page load speeds are quick. Their reporting is also user friendly.

Cons

Cost is slightly higher that their competitors like Wordpress or similar. This cost is easily recouped in the website performance and lack of need to continually update things.

Shopify makes everything easier

I love using Shopify because it’s user friendly and thus saves me a lot of time. The theme choices and app options are excellent do you can really enhance your website and make it look professional.

Pros

It’s very user friendly with lots of options to help business growth and development. Customer service is fast and efficient. They are very helpful and friendly and easy to get a hold off. Constant updates and apps to add to your site means you stay up to date with new trends and features. Also Shopify integrates easily with a lot of things you need like Facebook catalogue, other wholesale sites etc. You can basically transfer over your inventory in 1 click. You also get great discounted rates on shipping.

Cons

It is more expensive than other options plus to integrate anything eg. Instagram, email newsletter function, galleries etc you need to pay for an app. Some apps are free but very few. A lot of features are only available on the more expensive pro plan.

Shopify has no competitors

Nothing but good and more good. Every issue I have ever had was resolved properly

Pros

Ease of use and by far the best customer service I've have had with an online product and I have used them all.

Cons

It can get pricey with app you could use but dollar for dollar It suits me best and is the best fit for the sites I manage as well

Modern ECommerce Management, Too Fast and Secure ! Love the Interface. Easy among its Peers

Excellent and Good, by the process. Shopify Exceeds the metrics in Managing Online store

Pros

Shopify is always available for any amount of workloads, API Access and Shopify Partners ECosystem are the Crown Jewels.

Cons

Shopify Plus is a Costly Experience, The Basic Plans should start the Experience of Selling Online. Partners are difficult to find in across Countries

Shopify is the BEST!

I don’t need to have knowledge about coding, it does everything for me, I just have to start selling!

Pros

It’s the easiest & fastest way to build an e-commerce!

Cons

The trial is just 2 weeks but it absolutely the best option to start an e-commerce

Best Ecommerce platform for small busineses

I love Shopify, special for the integrated options for design and for ease of making it a lovely online store.

Pros

It has everything you need to operate a small online store. User-friendly for operations and customizable designs for the best customer experience.

Cons

Might be expensive for start-ups. Many businesses don't consider it for this reason. Not enough for big companies.

Best Website Software for Building a Business!

Shopify alleviated numerous headaches we were experiencing with Squarespace, made it easy for us to handle pickup and delivery orders (the ability to leave order notes and track an order's history are super helpful!) and has given us great insights into where our website traffic comes from.

Pros

We love Shopify's clean website templates, added features like live visitor counts and its thousands of app integrations. Using Shopify has given us the ability to truly understand our customers and their wants and needs through thorough reporting. While we don't currently use all of Shopify's features and apps, we love knowing that as our store grows and changes, the features and functionality of our Shopify store will too!

Cons

The administrative Shopify website often loads slowly, so completing basic tasks can sometimes be tedious. While it functions without this feature, we would appreciate it if it was possible to run multi-product purchase orders or inventory adjustments in Shopify - we currently have to increase the in-stock product quantity item-by-item when we receive new orders, which is time consuming.

The Software is only Effective if the Product is.

It is important to note that I do not blame Shopify for a business's failure, it is merely the platform and spring-board and not the gymnast, the product you sell in your store matters and it is your job to dedicate your time, effort, and...Uhm...money to help your business succeed, and Shopify helped me with that and it was great and it can be great for anyone who makes use of this system or those planning to use it. Although, I wasn't kidding about the YT Tutorials, study the in and outs and hows and you'll do just great. Shopify offers its own tutorials but it's better to see people like you and me actually do it, practically, than to see it in theory.

Pros

I was on the road to entrepreneurship when I invested my time and money into Shopify, my eyes were wide with hope and it is important to note that this software requires training, extensive training. This software offers great functionality and is very in tune with the internet and allows you to stay in this Shopify bubble and do all that you need to do...HERE, in Shopify. The software becomes, very, user-friendly after a few Youtube tutorials, this study process shouldn't take more than a few hours for you to get the hang of this program and once you do, the simplicity is amazing. I was astounded and how connected this software is, not only to all social media but to other applications that can make your Shopify journey great and financially fruitful.

Cons

This is really my only gripe with this software...the price. Shopify dazzles you with the shimmering glow of entrepreneurship and the tasty smell of financial success, but that can only happen if you can afford the monthly premium that allows your store to stay open and those first few months are a doozy, especially if your business is taking a while to get its footing. We all hope that we can start...

DO NOT HESITATE TO USE SHOPIFY!!!

My overall experience with Shopify is that I will not be deleting my Shopify website! I love the platform, love the themes, love the many ways you can customize the themes, and love the thought that SO many huge companies are actually using Shopify as well! Fashion Nova, Steve Madden, Staples, etc. all use Shopify for their websites! Amazing to know someone small can create a website like the big companies and become successful all on their own! It’s definitely worth the time to give a try!

Pros

I liked that Shopify’s platform is very easy to use, even for a web-developing beginner! You need absolutely no skills to build a Shopify store that will amaze your website visitors! Simply select a theme that fits well with your store’s niche and go from there. There are so many app add-ons that you can download to your Shopify store to make it POP. And the best part? You can utilize their free-trial to build your website with no restrictions so that possibly at the end of your trial (like me) you are already ready to launch your store with the $30/month subscription!

Cons

I definitely do not like that most app add-ons are additional fees. Once you realize there are other apps you want/need, the cost adds up to where you will find yourself needing nearly a $100/month budget (unless you select a higher costing Shopify subscription, that can run you up to nearly a $200/month budget). More free (not just free-trial) apps need to be available because not everyone can afford to keep paying monthly for everything, ESPECIALLY during this pandemic. A reduced monthly subscription fee during this pandemic would have been super considerate!

Moving from woocommerce to Shopify: the right direction

We managed to set up a new website from scratch in a matter of days by modifying a paid theme and adding a set of key plugins.

Pros

Shopify is a simple solution to get you started fast, without the need to code. The rare coding I had to do was also quite simple, allowing me to create the website from scratch in a matter of days (as opposed to weeks before). The visual approach of the many themes that you can simply buy, add and start adapting makes it a breeze. It is this community approach that makes it interesting as the web is filled with questions & answers, plugins and themes - both free and paying. The multitude of plugins make it easy to connect payment methods, delivery solutions or add additional features in no time. Not each plugin is equally well integrated, but that's rather the plugin's issue, not Shopify's. Comparing it with our previous webshop that we created in Woocommerce, it wins hands down.

Cons

The downside of its more simplistic approach (in which you do no longer need to code), is that you give up on flexibility. Tweaking a theme is cumbersome, yet not impossible. Coming from Woocommerce (in combination with Wordpress), we had to switch our mindset: from creating what we wanted, we needed to comply with what was offered. Luckily, we found a great theme that made it easy to make that switch. For...

Quick and Easy to Use

A few years ago we were having issues with the security implementation on our WooCommerce site. We switched to Shopify and to be honest, it is much easier for our customer service people to use. Although, editing the code may be a little more difficult, it is not anything that anyone should really be afraid of. There is a pretty active community forum for help as well as the help desk has answered my questions when I have had them as well.

Pros

I find that it is pretty easy to create products and make them go live. Further, the fact that Shopify provides the hosting and therefore, the security for the site is quite amazing. I also like that Shopify is a major player in the marketplace. So many times I have had to go for knock offs and Shopify is not that.

Cons

Having been a guy that had never edited liquid files before, that was new to me, but finding what I need to edit and adjust in the code is really not that difficult. There is a lot of help available for this too. I do find that there are not as many apps to connect to your site as there is with WooCommerce. That is also connected to the security aspect as well though as sometimes having too many apps allows for more opportunities for things to go wrong.

The Best E-commerce Platform

I'm very satisfied with Shopify. It's really the best in its class, and I have recommended it regularly to friends and family members who are looking for an e-commerce solution.

Pros

When I launched Shopify originally, I was looking for a solution that would accommodate online sales for my organization as well as in-person sales at our conferences. I had physical and digital items, and I needed something could take care of it all. That's what I found in Shopify. It was easy to implement and it helped the organization increase sales 35% YoY. Since then, I've launched a half dozen Shopify sites, and I just love how easy and flexible the platform is.

Cons

My only complaint about Shopify is how much of the platform requires apps. There are a lot of things that some of their competitors offer as a part of the platform that Shopify leaves to their app developers, and it's hard to get nickle-and-dimed when I want to add subscriptions or gift messages or anything else.

Shopify Review

It has truly been a very wonder asset to my company as well as other companies I am associated with. Its ease to not only display products, get the word out, and interface with other websites for maximum exposure is excellent. The ability to track sales, and collect funds virtually anyway possible is great. Their customer service and care is way better than most companies. Finally, the ability to use it on so many devices allows for almost any player independent contractor, etc. to be able to convert products into sales anywhere with a cash register basically in their pocket.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, contains multiple components beneficial to any business, and customer support is fabulous. All of its portals are self explanatory for the most part. In the rare occasion something is not understood or an error occurs, customer service is very thorough in helping solve the issue. They don't make you feel uneducated, or like you're bothering them, often they offer tips...

Cons

There really is not much I can say negative. For what they offer, they are pretty much spot on. Maybe the fact its not free.. :) but nothing this good could, nor should be free.

The EASIEST Ecom platform all around the globe

No more struggling to create an eCom website. I started creating websites and promoting my products a little bit late than others, but I was speechless once I started with Shopify the ease of use they give you to kickstart your project is astonishing. With Shopify you are limitless and you are always motivated to go further and further building your business and getting it to the next level. Thank you for having great software that makes everything easy.

Pros

Free themes: A friendly dashboard to complete your website in a blink of an eye Real cheap: With only $29 you can design, track your product, manage your clients, and so on... High secured platform: It gives you the power of creating your website and never ever worry about getting hacked or struggle with the server downtime. Unlimited plugins and APPS: Yes it's like having an iPhone and you want to download an app for it, the Shopify app store is limitless any kind of app and plugins is available, and easy to install. Customer service is available 24h/7 by email/Online Chat/ FAQ Community: Huge community and video explanatory contents. YOU NEVER STRUGGLE.

Cons

Sometimes downloading a lot of APPs might make your website slow on loading, just need to be careful about what app you're integrating and just work with the MOST HAVE APPS.

I LOVE Shopify

It's been a highly successful project. We went from having an idea to having a very successful website within a year. Upkeep is a breeze and they are always improving their software. In the 2.5 years we have been using Shopify software, I have never had to contact support or interact with Shopify about any issues. It just works.

Pros

Shopify made launching a new website super easy. We had an idea to start selling a new product line that differed from what we were already doing, so we decided to create a new website. Shopify made it easy to design our website, create a product catalog and start selling. Shopify is low-cost but feature rich. They blow away the competition when it comes to launching new, and established E-commerce websites. It took less than 6 months from signing up to selling. Our store has been very successful and I credit that to how easy Shopify made the whole process.

Cons

My only complaint is that we cannot use "Shopify Payments" to process credit cards for our product line. We have to use an external credit card processor and that makes it more expensive. Shopify charges additional fees if you do not use their in house Credit Card Processor, but will not waive fees when they do not allow you to use their processor.

Simple and Easy E-commerce platform!

When we launched our web store back in 2016 we looking for something simple yet robust. After reviewing with several e-platform software we decided to try Shopify and haven't really looked back. I would recommend it to anyone looking to start up their own e-commerce site.

Pros

Love the simplicity of it. Shopify made it was easy to create/build/manage our own web store. The monthly fees are reasonable and the transaction fees are low if you compare it to selling on Amazon. It gives us an alternative platform to sell with the potential for higher margins/profits. In terms of designing your website, Shopify's themes and tools allowed us to create a simple yet elegant web...

Cons

1. Managing discount codes can get tricky if you have recurring/subscription orders. Recurring/subscription orders requires a plug-in called Bold and it applies discount codes differently from the Shopify platform (one-time purchases). Meaning if you wanted to have the same discount code, with the same discount applied, and applicable to one-time orders and recurring/subscription order, then that...

Best way to save time and money in e-com while still having a complete experience

Excellent alternative that saves us a lot of headache and time, and provides our two stores with complete easy-to-install, no-middlemen solutions to convert more.

Pros

First of all, Shopify saves you a lot of time – specially if you're starting your e-com site by yourself and don't have a lot of technical expertise – as it is hugely flexible while being simple to use. Need a theme? There are hundreds of free and paid ones on themes.shopify.com. Multilingual features? Upsell features? All sorts of different marketing and client retention techniques? The Shopify App Store has hundreds of amazing apps. Automation to save you time while fulfilling orders with AliExpress? Oberlo has your back. POD? Printify connects to it. A free logo? hatchful.shopify.com Expert help? experts.shopify.com (plus numerous tutorials on YouTube). Tips? Oberlo's 101. Anyway, it is complete. You don't get that sort of stuff with Magento or WooCommerce.

Cons

The product editor is quite annoying. Sometimes you edit product variations, save it, then seconds/minutes later it goes back to where it was. So you have to keep saving and updating the page depending on what you work. Plus, the Text/HTML editor is not so "rich" as it seems. Constantly having trouble. I recommend using a free alternative HTML editor online and then pasting the code there.

Shopify Top All in One Tool aber nicht günstig

Shopify ist ein Anfängerfreundliche Software mit der man innerhalb von ein paar Stunden einen professionellen Shops aufstellen kann.

Pros

Man muss kein Experte sein um Shopify nutzen zu können, Shopify gibt einem einen super einfache Toolbox zur verfügung in der schon viel vor eingestellt ist, einfache shop aufsetzung mit kaufabwicklung und durch den Appstore mit vielen zusätzlichen Apps für jeden ist was dabei.

Cons

besonders für den deutschen Markt fehlen mir viele rechtliche dinge, z.b. muss man eigenständig die Häkchen für AGBs und Datenschutz Zustimmungen einsetzen lassen und es ist auch kein richtiges Rechnungssystem hinterlegt somit muss man wieder tief in die Tasche greifen um das mit apps auszugleichen. auch die Transaktionsgebühren für jede einzelne Bestellung kann sich summieren am ende des Monats kann durch die Gebühren ein großer Teil des Gewinns schrumpfen

Shopify is a GAMECHANGER if you Run an Ecommerce Business

I don't think we will ever leave Shopify. It's affordable and easy to use - what more could you want from a product that is used to run your business.

Pros

I can't stress enough how much I LOVE Shopify. I run my mom's business for her (an ecommerce site) and we set up the entire thing from scratch, with little knowledge of the platform. They have both free and paid templates to choose from for your site and they are very customizable. The fact that these templates scale to mobile with zero input from us is incredible We've been using it for over 5 years and we couldn't be happier. It is SO easy to use. Their customer support is unmatched - they are open 24 hours and always help us through even the most simple kinds of questions ("how do I upload a new image?"). The inventory feature is great and keeps everything organized. If you sell an item offline, you can easily adjust inventory in your dashboard so no mistakes are made.

Cons

There aren't many things I don't like about Shopify. I think my biggest ask is that there should be more free templates available for use. The Shopify made templates are the best because they integrate seamlessly with the product. For some users, software is a scary thing, so instead of jumping to buy a cooler template, I think users would be responsive to more free templates to try.

Why I chose Shopify (but also use other platforms, too)

I'm a fan - their customer service is excellent, and I've never had any issues with downtime or anything like that.

Pros

I have an online shop to support my podcast on Tudor history. I originally set up my shop thinking I'd sell some fun leggings using print on demand vendors. And it's grown into a bit of a behemoth. Which is great! Here's the thing - lots of creators use Redbubble and Spreadshirt and other places like that, which is fine, but the difference is that when you do that, they handle the entire sales process....

Cons

I'm not a fan of how much is only included in the more expensive options, and how much is only available through paid apps. Of course it's great to have the options at all, but it's very easy to start to run up high bills. At one point I was paying close to $100/mo for all my various apps! I also still use other marketplaces like Etsy because it's the distinction between selling at a church craft fair and setting up your own shop. At the church craft fair you're pretty much guaranteed some kind of traffic. With setting up on your own you have more control over the feel, and ownership of the shop, but it's up to you to go out and get all the traffic.

Hands down the easiest eCommerce platform

I resisted Shopify for a long time because I absolutely love WooCommerce and the concept of open source software. Over the years Shopify has won me over with it's ease-of-use. If your site requires a very high level of complexity, i.e. dynamically generating ebooks, built-in queue technology, sophisticated subscriptions, etc. I'll usually recommend using something like WooCommerce. Or if you literally...

Pros

Shopify is the easiest eCommerce platform and offers an excellent combination of ease-of-use and power. I love WooCommerce (have used it for site builds since 2012), but Shopify has become my new go-to for basic eCommerce builds in recent years. If you know what you're doing you can literally get a simple Shopify site up and running in less than 2 hours. The plugin and theme marketplaces on Shopify...

Cons

Shopify is not nearly as flexible as something like WooCommerce or Magento because you don't have access to the server's backend code or the database. This makes it harder (and sometimes even impossible) to build out really sophisticated solutions to difficult data oriented problems. That said, those kinds of problems are rare and most businesses will be able to find alternative solutions. Shopify...