Kissmetrics

Advanced Product and Marketing Analytics

Kissmetrics Reviews

Pros

Experience was really good with this product we have made some very good decisions by seeing the user behaviour over our products.

Josh G.

I enjoy the customization options and the fact that the platform can help you guide visitors to places on the page you'd like them to visit.

Cons

You can also fire unlikited attributes from the app.

Victor N.

Initial setup can be a little confusing and the UI can be confusing at points but not a deal-breaker.

Difficult to install and require a lot of work. Integration with other tools isn't complete.

4.3

Kissmetrics makes sure I can hit the curve balls out of the park

I am a daily Kissmetrics user, I start off my day checking my morning email to look for anything odd that might show up in the top 5 metrics that indicate product performance issues. Then I use the population feature to check out the most important cohorts of my users. I generally get around a dozen questions per day asking about feature use, or adoption rate, and I use Kissmetrics to pull those answers.

Pros

Quick access to the reports that I need most Customizable user Populations Super fast time over time and Cohort comparisons

Cons

I wish that there were more dashboard options, a way to set up automatic reports that would build and refresh in the app with a way to always have certain filters applied. There is a dashboard, and it is very useful, but all Kissmetrics users share the same dashboard, and the dashboard does not allow overall filters (like excluding certain populations from all dashboard data)

Great Tool for Tracking users Behaviour towards web based product

Pros

1. Great tool for collecting the user interaction data towards web based products by defining user events. 2. You can easily track what are the features user liking and buying the product and from where they are abondaning it. 3. It really helps in making decisions towards the products and by performing AB tests over web based products. 4. You can easily acces the analytics data from anywhere by just logging in their site and defining your user funnel. 5. It is also easy to implement over source code of the product just need to include one javascript code and you can fire your events on every user actions.

Cons

The interface design of the admin tool is not good.

When used correctly can give great insights, though it is hard to get there

I started using Kissmetrics, cause I had data that I was looking for that wasn't available through Google Analytics. The initial implementation was ok, but than I realized that the data was not correct since the integration with other tools I used, such as Unbounce didn't work smoothly. I didn't have enough guidance to learn that, but only realized things in advance. Their support was ok, but it took them too much time to coordinate a talk with them to solve all issues, and there were always other issues I had to discover after the previous ones were solved.

Pros

Interesting insights

Cons

- difficult to install and require a lot of work - integration with other tools isn't complete

Amazingly helpful, but really hard to implement and maintain

Pros

I think it's fair to say that Kissmetrics alongside Mixpanel are the 2 best tracking and leads analysis tools right now and for us, Kissmetrics won the competition for having a more accurate tracking tools and better pricing for a B2C company. Generally these apps are made for B2B companies and therefore their pricing won't make sense for B2C since the total number of events they track easily impacts the price.

Cons

It takes a long time to implement it correctly especially if you have a complicated website with too many different events and properties. They do help you to implement it but after it's done, you pretty much need to take care of new events tracking yourself. (Though, their support team still help you if you ask them questions) There are certain limitations to it too: - AdWords' dynamic tracking...

This Software is a Game Changer

For marketing, it has been eye opening. We're able to track all marketing efforts online and strategize accordingly. We've been amazed at what actually performed and what didn't. Eye opening data!

Pros

The amount of data it appends and tracks is amazing. We're able to see which prospects are visiting which pages, and the conversion process. This has helped cultivate our marketing messages per audience, as well as track over the course of three years. Historical data has been valuable to compare if our interpretation of the data is accurate. Needless to say, we have been very pleased!

Cons

Some of the data isn't easy to summarize but that is really the lease of our concerns.

Has been extremely helpful to summarize our user's activity.

Great help!

Pros

- Easy to use UI - Different report types to track conversion, behaviors, populations - Easy access to information - Metrics dashboard (you can add s many as you need, and it appears in the first page) - Scheduled report are great help

Cons

- Cohort reports could be enhanced - You can't sort out info by week number (you have to manually set the dates if you need a weekly report, quick fix with a formula once you export the info)

Quality analytics tool

It was a rocky start, but things have been fine since. I have been using on a weekly and monthly basis to provide conversion funnel metrics.

Pros

This tool helped me gain insight and prove some conversion theories within our organization. The tracking has been helpful to get a better understanding of our audience. Conversion funnel tracking has been solid.

Cons

It took a few training sessions to understand how to fully use the tool. Online training videos would help.

Really good with deep analytics

Pros

Kissmetrics does a good job helping you get the data you need to understand your customers and their behaviors on your site

Cons

Customized data means customized marketing campaigns that increase your conversions and reduce your churn

Great analytics tool

Pros

- Very powerful visulaizations options - The product is very simple to use and a wide range of metrics that can be analyzed

Cons

- Integration with other tools is not very use - The UI is not very intuitive

Outstanding Software!!

The overall experience with Kissmetrics was outstanding. The customer support is like no other. They are so kind and understanding, happy to provide demos and walk you through your settings and functionality. The reports are very easy to create and read. The software is very user-friendly.

Pros

This program is very user-friendly, very easy to grasp and understand the analytics. The reports come out simple and are useful. You can structure the software to track pretty much track anything you need.

Cons

I didn't have any dislikes, perhaps pricing, having a lower price option might be beneficial for some.

Improved UI, better funnel reports

Previously when we could not drag-drop funnel step was one of the big drawbacks of Kissmetrics, but recently they upgraded their UI, which is a lot better now. I wouldn't have to remove all steps and to re-add them. Now I can rearrange the steps on the go. I also like that I can apply more attributes and filters in my reports. There are still rooms for improvement in the UI. You can also fire unlikited attributes from the app.

Cons

My daily tool of choice.

Forget Google Analytics. Kissmetrics gives you the metrics that really matter for your business. For me the big difference is that I can see actual people that did actions on my site instead of page views. The tools is very powerful and you can create custom reports to keep a constant eye on your business progress.

Pros

Persons vs page views. The metrics dashboard. Deep analysis of your user base. Timeline of events a user did.

Cons

Learning curve.

Funnel report too limited, they charge extra for basic features

When trying to create any basic funnel report (where you DO need more than one column of properties), they will charge extra to give you basic features. It's quite limited analytics tool when trying to have aggregated data.

Pros

User path is a cool tool

Cons

Too slow, most of reports you need to export them and this takes forever (they email you once the report is ready)

Great chat service for my website

Cons

This reviewer only left a rating