Bloomfire Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.31/10

See full reviews by rating

Community features such as likes and comments are a nice touch and give folks the ability to engage.
We utilize Bloomfire as a company knowledge base and it gives all employees the ability to contribute which is of great benefit.
Super easy to upload content and share information. The platform is very visually appealing and there is almost no learning curve to engage with it.
As a result, tables and embedded documents are extremely difficult to read as the formatting is severely impacted.
Sorting feature is somewhat confusing if you do not have the search criteria entered exactly right.
Can be difficult to find resources in searches.

Bloomfire users...

Google Drive-logocaret
listing-logo

Google Drive

How would you rate Bloomfire?

Transcript

Bernie H.: Hi. My name is Bernie. I'm a business coach, and on Bloomfire I give it a five out of five....

Bloomfire Review From An Employee Standpoint

When I started my job at a logistics company there was tons of new information that was required to learn in order to be successful in my position. Bloomfire has been very helpful in organizing process procedures and training documents to help myself and other new employees. I loved the feature where I could ask a question that would get sent to everyone in the company to look at and answer. Good process to help new employees get up to speed faster without having to ask the same questions over and over again. Only complaint would be a better system to organize all the many articles but that is most likely something my company's administrators could look into.

Pros

Easy platform to navigate and love the feature where anyone can post internal questions.

Cons

Could be easier to organize all the different topics

Great Knowledge Base

My Startup size company uses Bloomfire and I absolutely love it. It has a great user experience and the UI is better looking than other knowledge bases I've seen, which look more like a file directory tree. I love being able to record videos within Bloomfire, drop in files or images, and add sections.

Pros

The ease of creating an article or question, and answering questions

Cons

It could be our naming and company use cases, but the search is sometimes a little difficult. I also feel like some of the new functionality seems more like feature bloat than stuff we really need.

How Bloomfire is changing my business

We are currently migrating traditional static training curriculum to Bloomfire platform. This has allowed us ( made us ) to "rethink" services being delivered. Example: Ohio Police Officers Training Academy Diversity & Inclusion 24 hour class changes. Gamification, on line primary source resources use has "opened up" 6 hours of training. New feature / service 1) Emotional Intelligence...

Love bloomfire!

Super easy to use and love how great it is for work use! Easy way to communicate with other co-workers that are in different offices and stay up to date on everything

RVP

Enjoyed it.

Pros

Small bites of info to learn. Videos.

Cons

Stopping in middle and having to go back and do over

A non-profit I work with uses Bloomfire as a communications tool for its volunteer program.

Pros

Pretty simple to post discussions and questions. Good way to track discussions -- a huge upgrade from using Facebook or LinkedIn groups to manage communications.

Cons

Search function is sometimes a bit clunky but not severely so. Perhaps it's just tht way this instance is configured (and a choice by non-profit), but unable to just send a message to one user -- all Posts are available to entire group. It would be nice to be able to just message a person with a question, or about meeting up with them via a call or visit. Again, perhaps that functionality is available but just not being used by this particular group.

Great platform that evoles

Our company started using Bloomfire to connect our office locations throughout the country. What I like is that the platform keeps evolving as users request updated and new features.

Pros

It can be used as information sharing as well as incorporate social aspects.

Cons

Slightly behind on posting abilities. Would like to add photos to comments, tag people in posts, etc.

Hey Lindsay, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with Bloomfire. We take all reviews very seriously and will take all things in to consideration. You can actually @mention people in comments if you'd like to alert them of a specific post. We also have a "share" functionality that allows you to share any post with a member.

Bloomfire best game in town

I do wish there were easier ways to organize the material and search, but it is getting better all the time.

Pros

Flexibility in posting

Cons

Looks chaotic when you start up

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and give us feedback Robert. We have some documentation in our customer community around curating your content to optimize search that you might find useful. We're constantly looking at ways to improve Bloomfire so your feedback is important.

MGullatt

I use it to gather tools, resources, information to provide to my C12 members.

Pros

As a portal it contains a variety of tools and information to use in my C12 practice.

Cons

Can be difficult to find resources in searches.

Thanks for your review and feedback, Mike!

Bloomfire 101

Bloomfire is an easy and great way to keep an organization organized. We can organize based on groups, departments, etc.

Great Service/Easy to use

Thouroughly enjoyable!

Pros

The Bloomfire software is easy to use and navigate. I use it daily in my job position and truely enjoy using it!

Cons

Sometimes its hard to find some things i have already seen before and am looking or again.

Great way to get the knowledge

We use bloom fire as a knowledge base.

Pros

Ease of use for users searching for products and information. Easy for users to upload information.

Cons

Nothing I can think of other than I wish it had more opportunity to download some things

Tax Service

I've been with JH since the onset of the portal. First season was hopeless. Second season was better, but not enough info was there. Now, lots of info, but can't find it in a timely manner.

Pros

This has a lot of potential as an info and help station for our tax preparers. It is much improved from previous years in terms of content.

Cons

The search engine leaves a lot to be desired. There is a very generous amount of info on the portal now, but trying to find specific items is tough. Perhaps a category list might be helpful so if we are looking for tax info, policy, software, job aids, marketing, etc there would be a starting place. Titles of the entries do not help to find specifics and one can spend hours looking for info when we have a client sitting in front of us and we only have minutes to come with a solution.

Bloomfire has been a great solution for our sales organization.

Pros

Bloomfire is very versatile, easy to use, and encourages interaction and collaboration among users.

Cons

Because it's so versatile, Bloomfire is not always best suited to our specific sales or organizational needs.

Keeping staff informed and making finding what you need easier.

Being able to be uniform and everyone using the same papers and forms.

Pros

I love that everything is kept in one place. That all company documents are housed on one essential file and we can do a quick search. Also, love that I can link documents and items In my emails and don't have to scan and upload and attach.

Cons

removing outdated materials so they are not confussed with the updated materiasl

Great way to share knowledge with your team!

I love Bloomfire for sharing knowledge with and learning from the rest of my team. It's easy-to-use, easy to navigate, and it's organized well. It's great to be able not only put plain-text in a Bloomfire doc, but to also be able to embed files from elsewhere, as well.

Pros

Well organized, easy to use, great embedding feature for multiple doc types

Cons

Would be great to be able to customize docs a little more (header images, etc.)

Great Knowledgebase Application!

We needed a user friendly web application to allow our techs to upload and easily access anywhere. No complaints!

Pros

Application is stored out of our office. Accessing from any Internet access point is great!

Cons

None so far

Bloomfire

Good

Pros

Lots of info all in one place. I hate surveys that require a minimum number of characters

Cons

Search needs improvement. Same as above, forced answers are no answers

Great Document Locator

Pros

Minimal wording needed to locate the exact document name

Cons

I wish it could locate docuuments and information located within the document.

Good tool, but needs a structure

I like the page setup, functionality, and layout. However I don't know what I don't know, so relying on a search function or clicking around for me to find stuff I need doesn't work. I'd like a thematic map, tree structure or some other visual and intuitive way of finding content I might have missed when emailed out.

Pros

Layout and functionality

Cons

Scattered and as chaotic as the people that post there

Great Tool for storing Company info

Our company is on the smaller side (under 25 employees) and had adopted this tool to house knowledge, onboarding and training info for our current and future employees. While this is a good solution we learned that this would have been better utilized once we are a larger organization and had more information that we needed to store/ share. This is a great tool to organize content and engage your team, we were just premature in what our needs as a company were. We had a good experience with Bloomfire, it was just more than what we needed at the time. I would recommend this for organizations that do have a lot of information that they need housed and want to push out and share this info in real time with their team, this is a great solution.

Pros

Easy to use and organize information. Really liked using it for onboarding new employees.

Cons

We would sometimes have trouble getting the team to engage and post content to the platform. With content that was posted, if something changed or was no longer pertinent, it wasn't always easy to realize it still lived in Bloomfire and purge/ correct it. We did have a few members of our team that acted as admin but it could still be time consuming.

Great improvement for the organization

Pros

Cons

I used to think the search functionality was best-in-class, but I've had some difficulty lately with it pulling the most relevant results when I search key words that should match post titles.

Doesn't get any better

I'm new to Bloomfire, but so far my experience with this knowledge content platform has been outstanding. As the primary stakeholder, I demoed several solutions and this was by far the most robust - but I've also found it easy-to-use. Getting our content into the system has been simple (email to post is awesome!) - and the organization structure couldn't be more intuitive or flexible. Also, the onboarding team was top notice. I've worked in the SaaS space for years - it's easy for me to spot a company that knows what it's doing. Needless to say - I'm already a huge Bloomfire fan.

Pros

Intuitive interface, flexible organization structure, easy posting, global search, automatic transcribing of imported videos (making the content searchable)

Medicore to Very Poor - User Control, Features, Performance, Help, Service

Things don't work as advertised, service is non-existant, staff makes a show of being interested but basically is not, layouts and formatting is dark ages, sorting and filtering is dark ages, decisions like making every edit boot a posting to the top with no option to turn that off are amazingly wrong-headed, "grading" systems make no sense, analytics look like first draft programming stuff.....................

Pros

You can write and post something wasily

Cons

I already listed it

Steve, we sent you an email and hope to connect with you. We are very sorry to hear about this experience and we strive to make things right. We look forward to helping get things back on track!

Bloomfire Review

Overall it's been a pretty positive experience having the Bloomfire platform hosted in my organization. I am in the geospatial field, and Bloomfire is a great place for us to post issues and questions that others may be going through as well. It opens up the door for communication and sometimes even yields a productive in person meeting. We can collaborate on issues that we may have not collaborated on in the past. It's also a great place to share solutions to challenging technical issues that may not be found in a Google search.

Pros

The communication doors it opens.

Cons

The cost.