Bloomfire Reviews

Knowledge sharing & insights platform

Review Summary

Pros

The first thing you see when logging is most recent or popular assets and it doesn't allow you to quickly to go what you're looking for unless you type in search the name of the asset.

Melissa N.

Another positive thing is that it very easy to embed pages, links, pictures and multimedia. I can quickly compose articles that look nice and are useful.

Piotr B.

Compared to the software we used before, Bloomfire is smart, easy to use and also really easy to update. Our teams love how smart the search is and like how easy it is to bookmark commonly used links.

Brad L.

Cons

There is no foreseeable way to download content onto an iPad Pro. Several of our clients are now using the iPad Pro and are struggling to use Bloomfire on their devices.

Glynnis G.

Our documents are very large and they can not send in just a regular email. So we send them to bloom fire and it uploads and the person can get the document.

Julie H.

Rob B.

Great way to socialized sales content and news

It allowed us to have a searchable content repository of sales collateral and training as well as an announcement board for news and market research.

Pros

The "timeline view" for latest content and news. It allows sales to have a quick refresh of the latest developments in the business.

Cons

The search engine could use some optimization and has no easy tools to build product taxonomies which limits a bit its adoption as a sales enablement tool

The way a knowledge base should be

As one of Bloomfire's early customers we saw a lot of potential with this platform. I was in charge of conducting a report comparing some of the available products to satisfy our need for a customer-facing knowledge base. It had to be relevant, easy to use, and fast. We had a lot of undocumented information that our customers needed with no way to provide it. Some of our most important criteria included...

Pros

Clean, easy to user interface. Enough features to still be powerful and handle lots of information, posts, questions, and media.

Cons

At some point the cost model drastically changed from unlimited to number of users and for our company, the cost was prohibitive from expanding or growing. For other platforms that are not just a standalone knowledge base, but instead include one as a part of their services there is much more value for similar features.

Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review to your experience with Bloomfire. We are glad that you have enjoyed your overall experience with Bloomfire and would love to help your company continue your success with knowledge sharing and job efficiency. We take all feedback very seriously here at Bloomfire and take all things into consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback and hopefully we will talk with you soon!

Recent Updates Diminish Value of Product Usability

The initial experience was extremely positive, the recent updates significantly reduce the usefulness of the product specifically where tables and embedded documents are concerned.

Pros

We use the system as a knowledge base to inform our ongoing software implementations and keep our Support team up to speed on current functionality. I love that articles/posts are really easy to create and categorize. The search functionality works well which makes finding information very easy.

Cons

The product allows you to embed documents and create tables into posts. Unfortunately, a recent update to the user interface reduces the size of the article to about 1/3 the width of a monitor. As a result, tables and embedded documents are extremely difficult to read as the formatting is severely impacted. I am not sure how to post screenshots. I have escalated to our site administrator who was...

We're sorry to hear that the new format and layout changes have impacted your ability to read tables and embedded documents. Our Client Success team has reached out and would love to work with you to find a solution to this readability issue. We want Bloomfire to continue being as useful to your company as it was when you first started using it.

A work in progress

I need to preface this: I do not use bloomfire often. My co-workers use it far more, I simply provide support when they have an issue. The cause for the title of this review is this: for what little I use of it I see the company makes an effort to add features that the community asks for and while there are things about bloomfire I am not fond of I recognize that they will work that out in time. Also...

Pros

The platforms capacity for moderated knowledge sharing. Search tools work well and there are a number of different ways users can upload content

Cons

Lack of functionality in text formatting tools. Lack of ability to bulk modify posts (recategorize, add/remove users, etc).

Chris, glad to hear finding information through Bloomfire is quick and efficient. We are releasing an update to our post editor that should resolve your formatting issues. We are also releasing a feature that will allow you to bulk change contributors. We are always looking at ways to enhance Bloomfire and appreciate your feedback!

Good General Product

It is a nice platform. Sometimes it is hard to follow. Update changes are a little too extreme sometimes where it is hard to catch back up to the content you are seeking, especially for those who only enter it periodically. Keep the updates to a minimum, and don't change just for the sake of change to refresh. Keep the controls simple and in the same place. Eliminate the need for a new learning...

Pros

The search tool, and how it brings up all related material to peruse.

Cons

Constant little adjustments in the editing and viewing field confuses daily operations. It loses it intuitiveness and speed and ease of use.

We love Bloomfire from a development perspective.

We support our entire sales staff using Bloomfire with up to date product materials, case studies and great colaboration with our people in the field. We use bloomfire's api to dole out our manuals, technical data, images and more to our iOS and Adroid apps as well as all of our web sites. We put a document in one place (Bloomfire) and then serve it out to all others making BF our system of record!

Pros

Its ease of use for posting and sharing content. Its searchablility of content and the clean way it delivers the results.

Cons

The cost. It is very hard to justify to upper management that does not see the value based on the same values the dev team does. We constantly have to push back against management who wants to move towards a cheaper knowledge base system.

Great Platform, Increases Engagement and Excellent Support

We use Bloomfire as an integrated component of another system. We have seen a great level of engagement and use. Integration went smoothly, including single sign on. We're using a host of groups, some of them private and it's worked out really well. Bloomfire has even fast tracked some of our more important feature requests. There are still a few kinks to be worked out with the UX and users get confused in certain cases but overall it is simple to use and one of the best platforms we've seen when exploring the landscape of available products. Would recommend.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use, low learning curve. Support is great and very responsive. Platform integrates easily with other platforms for whitelabling purposes.

Cons

User interface can be improved in certain cases. Users are often confused as to what groups they are posting to.

Double thumbs up!

My company uses this software across all of our key clients and we have seen excellent results. Being in a virtual environment, we strive to provide a great sense of community to the businesses that need help in understanding policies or procedures or those that need extra guidance on specific topics. We are able to create this environment using Bloomfire, thanks to the great features & functionality. We upload videos, have different series that can be quickly accessed by looking for certain tag lines and are able to use the space to recognize individuals who are excelling in their client project! We love this product and our clients do too.

Pros

The functionality and how easy it is to use on a daily basis. We are able to customize the product to fit each client's need so it can be as robust or minimalist as we need to fit their needs.

Cons

When in the administrator mode, we sometimes have trouble when doing multiple uploads and/or edits of contents. Site may freeze and causes re-work.

A decent knowledge management platform

Pros

The engagement part of it, with tracking/following separate contributors/topics/series. I also like the overall layout of the lessons you can customize.

Cons

Organizing the lessons doesn`t always go as planned - lots of times tags that are supposed to be in a series or topic end up somewhere else...

Bloomfire is the answer!!!

Bloomfire is so amazing because its such a great product to have! Its literally the main source of knowledge for just about any question you could come up with for my company!

Pros

Bloomfire is great for obtaining all the knowledge your company needs to know! It is such a huge help to keep everyone informed and up to date on all product information!!

Cons

I wish bloomfire had a better filtering process. Sometimes the way you ask it a question, hinders you from finding the answer.

Overall a Good Product

Like most software, there is room for improvement but this definitely gets the job done and features a sleek, clean look that all can easily enjoy and navigate.

Pros

Easy to navigate and clean look

Cons

The search ability and lacking ability to post to different communities from one spot - having to repost the same content across several communities with different categories and tags is cumbersome. I'd like to post from one place with different selections for each community rather than 3 different posts.

Hey Melissa, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Bloomfire.. In regards to your feedback, inside our ¿Beta¿ post editor, you can post across different communities and add community specific categories. We¿d love to show you through this process to help alleviate some of the post difficulties that you are coming across. Please contact us at support@bloomfire.com and we¿d be happy to setup some time to speak with you!

Good knowledge base tool

We found implementation very straightforward. We converted a trial account into a live account after about a month of experimentation. After publishing some internal standards for publishing we then started uploading documents from directory drives which made them searchable and much easier for our non-technical staff to locate.

Pros

Ease of use for end users searching for documents and for "Authors" to upload their documents.

Cons

A bit of version control on the published documents would be nice.

David, great to hear you found the implementation easy and straightforward. We recently released a versioning feature, feel free to connect with us at support@bloomfire.com and we'd love to show you.

Bloomfire in the contact center

We use Bloomfire as an internal knowledge base for our customer support team. It's extremely effective in documenting best practices and updates. The social components make it easy for our team to create their own content and have it reviewed by leadership before publishing. It also makes it easy for to share and track readership over time. The comments capabilities allow us to track issues and opportunities over time, as well. We use the analytics as part of our monthly performance evaluation to ensure our team is participating and collaborating in an effort to stay abreast of whatever is changing week over week. As we've scaled up, Bloomfire has helped us maintain the feel of a start-up in how we publish and disseminate updates as a department.

Pros

Social components. Ease of publishing and editing.

Cons

Would love better internal SEO analytics.

Simple yet powerful tool to organise knowledge and policies

Hello, I am a team leader for a support function and added myself so far 66 articles to Bloomfire. What I like about the tool is that we can quickly lookup articles, also I can use tags and categorise to make search more efficient and adequate. What I also like is that I can combine articles in series and can easily add comments and flag articles that require reviewing. Also another positive thing...

Pros

- ease of use - tags and categories - comments - possibility to save as drafts - Salesforce integration

Cons

- limited editing options

The best software I've ever used for my position.

I know I don't use Bloomfire anywhere near to its full potential, but it is still the best software tool I have found to help me in helping me manage corporate, product, and technical information for my company. I am a proposal director and use Bloomfire as a database to store all of our RFP questions and responses - along with important attachments and informational documents. The search features make it easy for me to find the exact information I need when pursuing a new client opportunity. It also allows my company's subject matter experts to review and update the posts as the product evolves.

Pros

The search feature - that may seem simple but it helps me find exactly what I need and saves a lot of time when I am working on a tight deadline. I also like that I can invite other authors to review and edit the questions - definitely streamlines business processes.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike per say; I would like to be able to download selected posts into a spreadsheet, however.

Excellent knowledge management tool

Bloomfire is already shaping up to be an excellent tool for our KMS. We love the built-in screen recorder/webcam record feature. As the admin, setting the system up is super simple - could do almost everything by myself. We love the SSO option, the simplicity of the functionality, and amazing search function. Personally, the sales process with Bloomfire was very comfortable - I never felt rushed...

Pros

I love how simple it is - it's not a be-all, end-all software. It's a KMS, and it's a very very good one.

Cons

So far, the only thing I haven't found easy is bulk uploading for documents, but it sounds like something they're working on. That seems to be the standard: any feature or functionality that users wish they could apply, Bloomfire has considered or is working on it.

Serves our needs

We have been using bloomfire for a few years now and find it a great tool to have moderated communication within our client network. Customer support is always eager to help us out and after a few sessions we end up dialing in anything we needed done. There is a lot of power behind this platform and I would recommend seeing if it fits your business style.

Pros

It allows our clients to collaborate with one another as well as our staff.

Cons

The technology feels a little lacking in how it was executed but not enough so to not want to use the service.

Josh, we appreciate your business over the years. We enjoy working with everyone over at SMS Masterminds and appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Beautiful Bloomfire

Our organization has been using Bloomfire for 2 years now -- for 2 in Sales and 1 for a community of learning professionals. We've seen such a great impact that we hope to expand it to another 800 users in the service community. Bloomfire has enabled us to consolidate information into a user-friendly, mobile accessible platform for users to not only get information faster, but to connect with a larger community of peers and to SME's as well. And being a service organization as well, I can't say enough great things about Bloomfire's desire and execution from a service perspective. They listen and are ALWAYS willing and ready to assist. They are tremendous!

Pros

Great search function, mobile app

Cons

It's not necessarily the software but for us trying to figure out how to best organize our extensive content

Bloomfire saves my life everyday. It is such a good platform to share knowledge and connect people!

This software makes it so easy to find content and more importantly, to direct clients to the content they need. It is also nice to have all collateral exist in one location. I feel like this platform is allowing us to break down the information silos that exist in our company. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

The search feature is really powerful, and continues to get smarter with use. I also really like the categorization feature, it makes finding what you are looking for very easy.

Bloomfire

While there's a lot I could speak to in terms of the product itself, specifically, I recently had an amazing customer support interaction with Bloomfire. I submitted a question/suggestion about something I was unaware was currently already an available feature in Bloomfire. I submitted my request, and within an hour, I had a phone call and voicemail from Chad, Director of Client Success, with an answer. Because I didn't pick up, he also sent me a follow-up email, which included a screencap video walking me through the process. I was pretty blown away by this level of fast and efficient customer support, which only makes me more of a supporter of the Bloomfire platform. Thank you for being a trusted source for in sharing information and resources!

Pros

It's easy to use, reliable, and Bloomfire offers great customer support in my experience.

Cons

It would be great to have the ability for more collaboration (i.e. multiple people working on edits at once on the same piece).

Good Platform for mixed media content and for organizing data

We use Bloomfire as our team knowledge base and onboarding tool. We like how easy it is to organize different media (text, links to online articles, uploaded files, audio files, image files, video files, etc) into distinct groups for easy retrieval. Very easy ramp-up with the team. The interface and tool set are very straightforward. Would receive a 5-Star review if group editing functions were better structured.

Pros

Ease of use Flexible support of various media Quick onboard of tool with team

Cons

Clunky group editing of documents

Blooming your business

Bloomfire is very use to use and share information across the board with everyone on your team. They offer straight forward layouts and templates for your posts which you can edit at anytime from any device. So everyone can have access to the most recent information.

Pros

User friendly and you can edit at any time

Cons

When bloomfire goes down you are completely impaired if that the only place you store information on.

Director of Playout and Delivery

We selected Bloomfire from the many knowledge management systems out there for ease of use, low administration overhead and web-based access. Over the 3 years, we have been using it we have moved from minimal adoption to wholesale adoption by our sales, systems architecture and customer service teams, safe in the knowledge that we made the right choice.

Pros

Ease of posting, searchability, low admin overhead.

Cons

sometimes it can be hard to remove and modify users, not a massive problem but I had to say something!

BF is easy to use but too limited in customizations

Pluses -Easy to use and learn -Easy to learn customization options -Appreciate the HTML editing options Cons - The width of the BF doc is thinner than needed. It's very web 2012 versus today where you see wider panes. I know that it's easier to read in smaller widths but you can add the option of columns instead. Really helpful would be columns that can have images or text blocks within them. -...

Pros

No Data

Cons

No Data

My daily go-to resource

I use Bloomfire every day. I keep training documents, desk level procedures and the forms our office uses in Bloomfire. It is a very easy software to use, and it fosters collaboration between our different teams.

Pros

Easy to load documents, pictures, videos or whatever we need to reference.

Cons

Sometimes the posts have trouble saving & we have to retrieve them and post again.