Filestage Reviews

Filestage

For teams to manage their content review process

Filestage

Review Summary

Pros

It was so user friendly and very very organized. I was clear at what stage we were on at each stage of our approval processes.

Hanney N.

Read the full review
Even my not so tech savvy clients are able to review videos and add comments with ease. And the ability to mark off and highlight specific areas of concern is very helpful.

Jon K.

Read the full review
Overall I really like it - I would love for it to integrate with other project management tools I use like Basecamp.

Jenny T.

Joey P.

Read the full review
Cost is my only Con due to the size of budget projects I do, but might be a steal for someone else.

Donvil C.

Read the full review
Ve been working remotely for 3 years and I've suffered from not having a tool to organise the review workflow. Now getting my worked reviewed takes less time and effort.

Maria M.

4.8

Eines der besten Review-Tools am Markt

Vor allem nutzen wir Filestage.io für unsere interne Kommunikation. Da wir selbst ein Tech-StartUp sind und wert auf robuste Lösungen und klares Design legen war Filestage für uns die bevorzugte Review-Lösung. Das Tool verwenden wir bereits über 2 Jahre. In dieser Zeit ist uns vor allem der hervorragende Support und die stetige Weiterentwicklung des Produkts sehr positiv aufgefallen.

Pros

Super intuitive Review-Lösung für die interne und externe Kommunikation, bzw. Abstimmung mit Kunden und Partnern. Offenes Ohr für neue Features und sehr guter Support.

Cons

Vor zwei Jahren war Filestage noch nicht so mächtig, wie es heute ist. Doch gibt es heute wenig zu kritisieren.

After looking at a dozen apps, Filestage won

Filestage is great! It helps us to streamline the review process. As an online business with clients all over the US, it helps a ton. I highly recommend Filestage.

Pros

- Easy to use: Although some of our clients struggle to learn it, overall most love it! We get tons of compliments on it. Not only is it easy for our clients, but it's easy for our team to use as well. - Customer service: Whenever we have a problem, Filestage jumps on it. - Simple UI: Unlike so many apps like Filestage, they do not complicate the UI. It's clean and simple. - They listen!: Filestage listens to feedback. They actually make improvements based on what you say.

Cons

- Slow speeds: Since we Filestage heavily, we have had slow load times on occasion. But thankfully, it hasn't been a major problem. - Client confusion: Some clients who aren't as tech-savvy struggle. But it's not Filestage's problem honestly. The only bit of feedback from them is making it clearer how to use it and making it more clear where the review or approval button is and when it is pressed.

It's... mediocre at best.

Pros

On the bright side, it does do what it claims to do. Most of the time. When there aren't bugs. And they are constantly improving the app, so there's that.

Cons

But... it's buggy. Often we receive complaints from clients about a video not loading, or not playing back, or not being able to scrub through the video. Or even being redirected to the Filestage homepage without any errors. There are better alternatives, but you have to pay more for them.

Agile tool

Feedback from editors and reviewers is very important to solve what you need to.

Pros

The possibility to comment projects speedly and useful.

Cons

Sometimes navigation is not very agile, go back to project or folder when you're in.

LOVE FILESTAGE!!!

My team switched from frame.io to filestage.io for our review process. We primarily produce nonprofit, corporate, and commercial productions. Filestage was just much more robust for us at the time. I do understand that other platforms have emerged that and I hear frame.io has improved since we left, however, we just felt that it was simple and worked. There were some initial quirks we shared with the...

Pros

Support, Ease of use for clients and staff, Adaptability, Flexibility for file types, Options.

Cons

Wish we'd implemented sooner!

Brilliant! Wish we had implemented sooner, clients prefer the visual approach and we have managed to reduce the number of revisions we have to work through. Simply a much better review process than trying to email PDFs and collate feedback from multiple people.

Pros

No more misunderstandings or long emails to read through trying to understand the changes required. Really easy to use which makes onboarding clients quick and effortless. Allowing our customers to add feedback directly to artwork has sped up our review process significantly, reducing our time in email and delivering projects quicker to our clients. Our clients find the overview of which files are in review helpful to get a snapshot of where everything is and who's responsible for the next actions. Being able to add comments to videos at the relevant time stamps makes giving video feedback a lot easier!

Cons

No negative points as yet, but still in early stages of using the software. Very positive experience so far!

Huge time saver

Great experience. Customer communication for approvals had never been easier

Pros

This is the best way we found to share, comment and get approvals from clients. When the message arrives at the client it’s easy for them to open the project, comment and reject or approve. The training is baked into the client message. Reminders keep our projects on schedule and we don’t have to chase people.

Cons

It’s fantastic for images or PDFs but web pages need screen capture then post for approval. It would be great if we could just enter URL and it scraped the page automatically. It’s a feature available in some of their competitors.

Great for collaboration with students and colleagues

Pros

I use the software with students and colleagues. It is very easy to use, works like a swiss clock and allows me to give feedback much faster. My favourite feature: Annotate videos. Far better than writing emails or tickets.

Cons

Unfortunately, the project templates are only available in the Pro and Enterprise Version. Would love to use several templates for different projects with my students and colleagues.

Super einfaches Tool

Da wir an verschiedenen Standorten vertreten sind, können wir durch Filestage alles im Überblick behalten und das Feedback bzw. Freigaben einfach und effizient gestalten.

Pros

Filestage ist sehr übersichtlich und einfach zu bedienen. Kommentare können direkt markiert werden und vereinfachen dadurch das Feedback nachzuvollziehen. Das Hochladen einer neuen Version ist auch möglich und wird in der Übersicht angezeigt.

Cons

Manchmal sieht die Vorschau etwas verschwommen aus und es ist nicht möglich Vektordateien anzuzeigen.

FileStage Review

It helps us to accelerate the review process with the video editors and it makes the feedback and the collaboration between all stockholders easy

Pros

the approval process project tracker collaboration tools

Cons

The limitation on the review steps for the pro plan

My customers love Filestage - so do I!

You save time in your post-production process and offer clients a great tool. Saves their time and yours!

Pros

- Easy interface - Easy feedback - Documentation - Great customer service Easy interface, especially for customers. My clients can provide me with detailed feedback on the spot. They just click into the video and write a comment. They don't need to send timecodes, need to make lists, write an email. Revision became much more efficient. Once my customer reviewed my videos, pdf's etc. I get a notification and have an easy to do list. It's possible to brand the software and fit it into your company. You also have a clear documentation and approval from your customers, which can be handy when things get complicated at a later point. Filestage is easy reachable and help with everything.

Cons

Features for sorting projects: The interface improved a lot since I started, but there are small things, for which I use workarounds. Projects in the overview can't be sorted in an easy. I think it's only date and alpha-numerical. I rename my projects therefore with 00.. 01.. etc. But the team is listening and I hope the will add this feature soon!

Thanks for the review!

Makes my job A LOT easier

My experience with Filestage has been brilliant. I would struggle without it, and I have applied it to a few businesses now

Pros

Filestage is seriously intuitive and simple to use. Which means we get very little confusion from clients or team members, people just adapt right away. I create a lot of video, and because of the detailed feedback thats possible on the platform, its made our workflow and deliveries much faster. There is also a huge benefit in having the feedback on multiple projects stored for later reference.

Cons

Very little to say here. The one main one would be storage. Because I work mainly in video, I reach the capacity limit of my account almost weekly, which can cause issues if all the work on the platform is active.

Filestage has been a great tool for removing roadblocks to get projects completed efficiently.

Read my review!

Pros

We have a creative studio where we design and paint graphics, and Filestage has been a game-changer for getting projects from concept to the real world quickly, with very happy clients (and us). We usually start off with a draft document, send a link to the client, have the client comment directly on the draft with questions/feedback, and then we can respond and/or add a new draft, then repeat the...

Cons

Clunky to use on mobile, an app would be great eventually, for even more on-the-go quick response ability. Price is a bit steep too, but you get a lot, so understandable.

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback! Best, The Filestage Team

Kundenabnahmen nie wieder anders!!

Täglich erstellen wir Videos, die wir mit unseren Kunden aus der Industrie oder intern abstimmen. Meine Kunden spiegeln mir regelmäßig ihre Begeisterung für den unkomplizierten Austausch wider. Wir kommen also schneller und effizienter zum Ziel und haben noch dazu die Kundenzufriedenheit gesteigert. Top!

Pros

Wir können unsere Agenturphilosophie der Kundennähe auch in unseren Feedbackprozessen abdecken. - Unkomplizierter Austausch - Treffsichere Ergebnisse - Glückliche Kunden

Cons

Ich bin mit dem Tool absolut happy! Keine Beschwerden.

Easy for anyone to use, well priced, and not limiting.

Customer servicer has been great when we needed it, which is hardly ever.

Pros

I like that not everyone in our organization has to be registered as a user and when we send something off to proof they can just click the link and open it without dealing with user names and passwords. We don't have to pay by the amount of users either. The features are simple, we've had very little questions from users on how to use it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any other than trying to get our campus used to doing things differently.

Very helpful and fun to use

Our first tool to give reviews to our creators was our intranet email. This was very stressful and unorganized. With filestage we had the opportunity to improve this project from zero to 100 in a short time. Now its much more organized, you can communicate well with your employees and tell exactly what u want to change. Thats it!

Pros

The tools to mark in the content of our creators and that you can have many projects of your organization in one place. And there are different options: For departments, projects, internal projects,... its so helpful to have them all in one place

Cons

there is really nothing I can tell. It improved our processes very well and there's nothing that I can tell right now

Fast solution for satisfied customers

Close cooperation with customers from all industry sectors. Project support and execution from pre-production to cutting

Pros

fast integration of complex film projects. fast and easy communication with the customer. Shortening the correction time

Cons

There is no competitive product. There is no negative review

Lukas, thanks a lot for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. If there's anything you need help with, just let us know. Best, Max

Filestage Helps to Move Our Projects Forward

Pros

I love how easy it is to upload, comment on, and share files. Filestage makes project collaboration a breeze. I spend more time moving a project forward vs. figuring out how to move it forward. Filestage does that for us.

Cons

Filestage meets our needs. I haven't encountered any features that are missing.

Ein Produkt, dass mehr kann als man denkt

Ich bin sehr zufrieden mit diesem Produkt. Es ist super flexibel und ermöglicht interne Prozesse schneller, aber auch besser dokumentierbar durchzuführen. Zudem ist es sehr einfach Personen zu einzelnen Projekten hinzufügen.

Pros

Besonders gut gefällt mir die Review Funktion von Filestage. Probleme können direkt markiert und kommentiert werden. Zudem können mittlerweile auch zusätzliche Dateien über die Kommentarfunktion hochgeladen werden (bsp. Screenshots, Originaldatei AI, ID, PS,..)

Cons

Ich fände es gut, wenn Filestage auch Vektordateien (ai, eps) anzeigen könnte. Die hochgeladenen Dateien werden leicht unscharf angezeigt. Das führt erstmals zu Verwirrung, bei Neu-Nutzern.

Best in its Class

Extremely easy to use. Very intuitive. Gets the job done and allows us to work more efficiently and accurately.

Pros

Filestage has been a gamechanger for our company. My team spent a week researching and testing various platforms and options, and none came close to what Filestage offered. I highly recommend it.

Cons

Would like to see a few feature and UI tweaks, but nothing major.

Makes reviewing creative easy

Pros

Easy to mark up creative without having to download and upload so many PDFs - I can mark exactly where I want to see changes, and can clearly see how other reviewers have marked it up and if they have approved it.

Cons

It's easy to click into the wrong version and not realize there's a newer version that I should be reviewing instead - sometimes my notification emails come out of order, which causes this.

Amazing tool!

Happy clients! Easy to use, and very intuitive :)

Pros

-Very easy to comment the document -Very User friendly: we see bullets and the comment appears -Amazing to be able to see different versions of one document -One online link, one pop up to invite reviewers to see the document -Easy to create projects and invite a team to share projects -Possibility to upload pdf or images into the comments themselves (great!) -The email is customized with our logo, which is a great idea for our image -And, the best: my clients are happy to receive this link, and see the comments

Cons

-We could have different colors for bullets points -All the team members should have access all the projects, without inviting them to see the projects?

Must-have for creative process

Filestage has fundamentally changed the way we operate, and I cannot imagine ever going back to the "old way" of reviewing and approving creative.

Pros

Consolidated feedback on creative materials saves us SO much time managing back-and-forth rounds of reviews. It's the digital equivalent of a job jacket full of hand-written rounds of creative feedback. The days of marking up PDFs, scanning handwritten feedback, and long emails are over.

Cons

There are a few minor features that occasionally can be a nuisance, but it's minimal. For example, it would be great to be able to "undo" an approval. Tags can also get lost at times, so it would be nice to have notifications or specific "jump to" tags functionality.

Streamline feedback and approval processes

Pros

The best feature about the software is that review links can be sent to anyone - internal or external, team member or non-team member. The tool thus makes feedback and approval processes with all departments and project stakeholders easy, efficient and transparent.

Cons

We would even benefit more from using the software, if it was possible to comment and edit open file formats such as Word, Excel, Power Point. Also we would benefit from using this as approval software for landingpages/web pages.

Super tool for easy review & collaboration - my customers love it!

I was looking for an easy way to make files available to my customers for review. I discovered Filestage and was impressed how easy and intuitive it was. My clients praised me because I was able to offer them a simple review option.

Pros

- intuitive usability - easy online review & collaboration - directly in the web interface - clients can comment the content easily without need to register - easy upload of different versions - complete documentation about reviews and versions - very time-saving & transparent - you do not need to send emails back and forth - my customers love it as this tool simplifies our cooperation

Cons

No Cons :-) Only, I wish tere was the possibility to upload and review more file formats.