Jive Reviews

Jive

Interactive intranet and collaboration hub for business.

Jive

Review Summary

Pros

Jive is very friendly to use and it is so easy to use. The customer representatives do a very good job.

Ann R.

We've always enjoyed using Jive at our office. Whenever we need any help, their customer service has been excellent.

Ben R.

Jason A.

Cons

Overall experience with Jive has been horrible. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemies.

Travis S.

The desktop app UI was buggy. Audio was frequently missing on one or both sides of the call.

Travis S.

3.9

Social network styled interaction.

Pros

Jive provides my organization with a social network styled platform where employees can interact and collaborate outside emails. It is completely mobile ,therefore I am able to use Jive while on the move to follow current company news , access my Jive inbox and manage all of my communications , while also being able to create and share documents.

Cons

The Jive homepage is overly crowded , making Jive difficult to navigate.Personally,I see the Jive user interface as un-intuitive.

Good product, and great customer service

There are always wants when it comes to customized software, but most companies just write you off when you have met your budget or end of a contract. Jive customer service is second to Sauce Labs for listening to the customer. They joke around with you and become a friendly customer service. Their software is like a company Facebook for our corporate account. It's a social place where we can share...

Pros

3rd party company varieties to add-on, UI, and customer service

Cons

Search engine

Overall a good product but could use better customer service.

Pros

The UX/UI for the end user is very good. I conduct training for all of our new hires and they find it easy to use and navigate. Several different options allow for some customization of "places" and the admin console is quite robust in terms of permissions, email notifications, and news feed structure. The free mobile app functions as a great extension of the web app. They seem to be on the verge of greatness in terms of fine-tuning what they current offer and expanding into new features.

Cons

When we first started using Jive about 3 years ago, the customer service was pretty good, but since it was acquired, the new focus seems to be less on keeping their previously good customer service and more on pushing current customers to upgrade (and spend more money). While they may still be transitioning due to the acquisition, I get the sense that Jive could be really great only if they stop treating their customers like prospects with a lot of extra money in their budgets to spend on upgrades and consultant fees, and start providing the same level of customer service.

OK product let down by weak features & poor support

Poor account management, poor support.

Pros

Good search function. Well laid out structure. Excellent Office integration for file control

Cons

terrible support. Extracting data is hard/slow. Lack of development with no major features for years. SImple expected features not native such as polls. Very little third party add-in support

Good tool for intranet site or internal wiki

Improved collaboration, and once it had been adopted widely across the company, the internal site we built using it became a must-visit destination each day because it made it easy to quickly see what's going on around our large company.

Pros

Used for an internal company site, Jive is a simple, user-friendly tool to allow employees to easily collaborate and communicate in their work and other initiatives. I've also found it's very handy for the sharing of documents, and the ability to limit visibility of those documents where necessary is a definite plus.

Cons

There is not much to dislike once you get used to it, which doesn't take long. The only place in which I've found it can be a little buggy is my personal feed of updates I'm following in my inbox, which does not always mark items as read when I want it to.

Needs Tons of Governance

A lot of the issues with this system may be experienced with most intranet services of its kind, but it's important to keep in mind. If you're going to implement Jive, especially at a large enterprise, it's important to have strong governance rules from the start regarding versioning of content, and who is allowed to upload content and where. People in my organization frequently complain that it's hard to find what they are looking for.

Pros

It's quite easy to upload content to Jive, and I find it useful for finding individuals in my organization

Cons

This system quickly becomes a mess without proper governance. It's highly open-ended, which can be great, but in a large organization the system can quickly become loaded with content and it's hard to find what you need quickly, and to know if it's up-to-date. I find the alerts a bit clunky as well.

Jive SIP

Pros

Simple to manage hosted VoIP system, almost no downtime since the time i have signed up, billing remains consistent. I can do just about everything i need to do from the dashboard.

Cons

The Customer Service/Support team is pretty bad to put it lightly. Anytime i've had to put in a support ticket it always takes at least 12 hours to get any kind of response. I've put in a few tickets that could have easily been answered via email, but they insist on calling. If I wanted to talk to the support team, i would have called them instead of emailing. If that isn't bad enough, most of the time you have to go through 3 or 4 different people before you get to someone that can actually help you.

A super wiki in a social media cloak.

Pros

When I started using this I saw the fact that you could link anything to anything from a search function. e.g. Post a blog and in their link it to a page for from a page link to a discussion. Then with the outlook plugin, you could have discussions directly from outlook and it had nice integration with word and excel.

Cons

At the time when I was using the default space/area setting was the social media one where I found having a document opening in the first-page work much better for most people.

Good value but could use work

We were using Truly before and although the call quality was not as consistent, I preferred the interface. Much cleaner and minimal.

Pros

As far as call quality goes, it has been great. Very consistent. Have not had any issues with it. Pretty intuitive to use.

Cons

I don't like having to manually dial in a number to enter a queue and to call again to leave the queue to set your availability. There should be a more automated way of doing this. Sometimes, it will disconnect me from the queue. I wish I had quick and easy visibility as to when I'm connected or disconnected.

Decent but needs newer, more exciting features

Pros

Decent features and functionality and easy to use IF you know how to code. Good pricing and nice that they now have a mobile version that works well - many other intranet software platforms do not have mobile capabilities.

Cons

The product leans too much on users' ability to code HTML/CSS. To make your intranet pages pop and look professional, it shouldn't require jumping through so many hoops. They should have more responsive widgets built into the platform because the front-end usually ends up being well organized but a bit one dimensional. Would be nice if it were set up similarly to Wordpress.

Best VOIP Phone Service Ever!

My overall experience has been great. Everything works as expected and as it should. No complaints

Pros

No dropped calls, no cracked voices no issues with caller not hearing me but I can hear them. The customer service is awesome! They will log onto my computer to show me how to do something if I am having issues figuring something out. They are committed to helping me until a resolution is reached.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this software. I have hardly had any issues but any issues o have had they have been able to resolve for me.

Jive - Work in Progress

Pros

Jive offers our firm an easy and convenient means of communication, documentation, and support. The platform has a lot of different features for page setups.

Cons

It does require a bit of a learning curve to put the website together. It does also require some thought on the creator's behalf as to how to provide easy access to the users.

Central place for everyone to find things

single sign-on is key

Pros

We have a standard setup, but you can also add additional products on your home screen. This allows a single sign on for our primary portal, the community, e-mail, LMS, directory, etc.

Cons

Resetting your password is a pain, mostly because of the number of steps you have to go through to get to the right screen. It's not intuitive, and if you're in any of your sub-programs, you have to remember to go all the way back to the top login level.

We use jive for customer communities.

We have our communities on Jive. They are ok but I feel they could refine some features. We have a robust community and it manages it well.

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Good layout and easy to customize.

Cons

Some features seem like they can be refined. If I'm reading posts it's hard to see which ones I've read.

Great For Connection With Other Co-Workers, But Has Its Faults

Jive is a great tool for social collaboration. I love using it to communicate with other co-workers in the organization. However, it has its faults. It is not great for managing documents, and I wish there was a way to force co-workers to subscribe to the space.

Pros

Social Collaboration

Cons

Managing Documents

Vast but not intuitive

Pros

Many features. Great place to keep up to date info. Our department has a very organized space full of great resources that we can direct employees to.

Cons

outages are very inconvenient. New users have trouble finding things. I still don't know the difference between a space, a place and a group

Great, easy to use product

Pros

Ease of use and customer service.

Cons

Nothing

good for collaboration

Pros

can connect and collaborate with my team and other teams easily and build central location to search for any knowledge base we need.

Cons

some adding and plugins has issues and not working as expected, the middleware servers for the addons are not stable

Jive has always been a wonderful experiences mainly with its easy UI

upgrade opportunity

Pros

-Business teams best friend -Graphs and UI looks great and easily adaptable - Lot of new features and ease of use

Cons

-Pretty less cons , some times getting the support (exact) took time, otherwise great product at handy use

Great use for an internal employee community

Pros

Jive can be customized to just about any look and feel you want in order to engage your audience. I like the tagging and categorization features, as well as the rotating carousel widget to feature important spaces or content.

Cons

It is rather easy for there to be too much content, and it's not always easy to find and update out-of-date content.

Jive is very helpful but sometimes you are kept on hold while the issue is being researched.

Ability to change messages and have calls picked up on cell phones.

Pros

Cons

The ability to block robo call list should have more capacity to capture calls that you do not wish to receive.

Comprehensive excellence.

I am CEO (owner) of a creative solutions development and process management company. Our primary phone service is hand held. JIVE provides continuity in our professional communications providing consistent client communication 24 x 7.

Pros

Quick and easy contract (service) purchase and install. Reasonable pricing cost. Multiple phone equipment options (purchased separately with Jive) for multiple office locations. Desktop equipment is excellent with perfect connectivity and sound quality. Any questions we have raised are answered professionally and quickly.

Cons

It seems odd to have desktop phones after 100 percent service via individual hand held phones. JIVE, however, solves that issue.

Potential

Pros

Enabled use away from the office and made it easy to be able to call between staff members. Forwarding phones at click of a button

Cons

Reporting features werent fantastic on call duration and to what numbers.. The remote phone feature worked great sometimes and not on others

Good tool

Pros

Best for documenting things table and code highlighting Formatting is good. but lagging some features

Cons

Things get carried if when we are not creating. Support for text-based feature for modification and writing docs easily like .md

It has some functionalities that are good but in general I'm still struggling to adopt it

Pros

The file sharing and types of file you can upload is good, for example pdf files can be viewed directly in the page without downloading it, the control of groups and content it can be created per section and security for it is good.

Cons

The mobile app is not friendly, comparing it with other major players there are lots of missing features, is not easy to use sometimes. I did not like it very much.