Microsoft Teams Reviews

Microsoft Teams

Chat-based workspace in Office 365

Microsoft Teams

Review Summary

Pros

I like that you have the capability to hold a meeting and have the camera on or off-it is great when collaborating with team members who may not be in the office.

Very good, it increased productivity, good online meeting experience, some flaws like file storage and creating new channels but overall it is a great product.

Akashbir S.

With the current pandemic situation, Teams has been a big lifesaver to us. It is easy to use, all integrated application with good customer support.

Lakshika G.

Cons

The teams arrangement is not straightforward and the UI is very busy. Often times, notifications are lost when there are multiple channels within a team and those channels are in the collapsed view.

I sometimes have trouble opening the software, but I think it might be more of a problem with our internet connection. It is very difficult to figure out how to use the call feature.

Christina B.

Notifications for teams are not automatically enabled so you have to enable it yourself but you might run into problems because it is not very user-friendly.

1,748

1,191

3,301 reviews

Gathering people together

I have been using, configuring and deploying Microsoft Teams on the last two years, it is a very solid tool not only for communication, also for collaboration. With this pandemic situation, my company is working totally online, and Teams has been a awesome tool to provide Apps, meetings, dashboards, presentations, and the live event features are very impressive, if you go deeply on it, you have almost a television channel operating on your computer.

Pros

The integration with Sharepoint and Office 365 tools is really awesome, works very well, and also you can create and built-in Apps from Power Plataform inside your Teams's Group, and do not forget that you have all the Office 365 Apps to integrate within your groups (the number of the Apps will vary depending on your signature).

Cons

I believe that the price is not so good to medium/small companies, that probably will use a less professional tool, or a freeware with limitations.

Coordinate Remote Teams with Relative Ease

Teams has been an asset to my company during our transition from working in the office to working remotely from home. As an extension of our existing Office 365 platform, we were able to efficiently set up an effective remote communication channel that gives us access to shared docs, conversation channels + meeting recordings.

Pros

As a company with multiple departments, it was great to find a platform that allowed us to efficiently organize communications between specific departments and project teams. Being able to record our meetings and save them has also been a huge plus -- and having everything integrated into our existing outlook accounts was a major bonus.

Cons

Screen-sharing can be glitchy if you are trying to conduct a meeting using the web browser. If you are going to be sharing a presentation, I highly recommend doing so via the desktop app. The platform itself took a bit of getting used to -- the initial set up required a lot of tutorial watching to get the hang of. It would be nice to be able to add individuals to sub-channels only without giving them access to the entire team.

Typical Office365 software, always kind of buggy

We used Office 365 for email, office suite and the Teams calling app as our business phone with a toll free number and several direct lines. All of our calls, inbound and outbound, were made through computers, so no physical phones. When it worked, quality was always good, even over wireless, but that shouldn't be surprising nowadays. We have since left Teams and switched to Dialpad, which has been so much better in terms of stability as well as cost. Overall we were not thrilled with the program, and only stayed on it as long as we did because our previous IT company had got us onto a one year free trial somehow...

Pros

Integration with the rest of the MS ecosystem is the biggest thing Teams has going for it. It allows easy chat/calls from Outlook and the like. The support was pretty good, as it should be from a multi billion dollar company, and usually found the problem eventually.

Cons

As with all Office 365 software, it always seems like adding new features comes before bug fixes. We used the calling feature as our office phone system, and rarely a week went by without something not working right. The most common issue was when you tried to pick up the call, it just wouldn't, or if it did, you couldn't hear the other side. They may or may not have been able to hear you, so we...

The better business tool for communication and collaboration

While Teams wasn't always a smooth ride, I've seen Microsoft make some pretty great changes in recent months to improve the user experience. Even something as simple as being able to make a chat window pop out of frame was a big deal for me in terms of being able to multitask.

Pros

I love that Teams ties in with the Microsoft Office suite and Sharepoint. It allows mulitple users the ability to edit and share a document simultaneously, while having a call or sent messages back and fourth, all without having to leave the tool. There's also a built-in calendar and task manager, so collaboration and accountability have a high level of visibility for the userbase. Managing user accesses is also a breeze.

Cons

My biggest gripe: File management can be a NIGHTMARE. I'd love to see some work done by Microsoft to make it easier to find previously shared items. If you lose track of which conversation thread you shared a file in, finding it can be a lot of effort, involving retracing multiple steps. If there was a better/quicker way to search for shared items, it would be awesome.

Skype and Sharepoint are combined in one tool

I have had a good experience, from the moment I use it for the first time until now it has been adding new functionalities making the experience much better by integrating everything necessary. I find it to be powerful and quite good software although it can be confusing at times because there is not much opportunity to "customize" the experience within it. It lends itself to work meetings, as well as for other moments of relaxation (backgrounds can be a lot of fun), I really like that it can block incoming video to conserve bandwidth a little better and also blur the background and focus only to the person speaking when the camera is activated.

Pros

I think it really is a Skype for Business that has been taken to a new level. I am really surprised by the integration it has with other tools, whether or not they are from Microsoft, like Jira, Trello, among others. In addition to the very good integration that it has with MS Office and that allows such naturalness. In addition, the channels where you can customize the tabs according to the content that is shared with the specific team is magnificent, having tabs with a Power BI dashboard for the specific team is wonderful and without having to leave the application.

Cons

Although I feel like a lot of Skype features were rescued, I miss a few others. The meeting notes cannot be taken directly to Onenote as it could be done with Skype, I miss the surveys that could be done during the meeting, as far as I can remember now. It happens to me with the "team sites" that sometimes I want to make them specific to an existing sharepoint and associate it with a particular team, but the team site is generated in parallel. The last thing that bothers me a bit, is in viewer mode I feel that the projections look very small and even when placing the full screen mode the presentations do not cover the entire screen of my computer.

All round solution for remote connections

Just to explain in one word, this is perfect.

Pros

> The speed of the connection is really super fast compared to any of the other software. > The main thing which I have seen this doing best is screen share and video calls. Normally the software take some time to connect to the channel or meeting, but the teams exceeds them all. The lag-less connection anywhere around the world is really mind-blowing. > The ease of use (one of the primary needs during this lock-down) is really fantastic. > The flexibility in chat, meeting and groups is really good. > The file sharing and the encryption which I personally use the most is better in front of its peers.

Cons

The main thing is audio connection. As compared to other software, this should explore the options which I personally found lacking in the teams. As soon as we connect to any meeting, there should be an option to connect outside audio connection like mobile phone to join. That would be a better solution as I found perfect. Other than that, this is perfect.

A well-rounded corporate communication software

Overall MS Teams provides lots of nice features to communicate and collaborate.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is the most well-rounded corporate communication software. - Best feature of it is of course the teams - customizable groups to communicate with a bunch of people, share files, post announcements and collaborate. Several people can work on a file simultaneously; - It allows to message, share files, photos, tables with your coworkers. Also it is possible to work on the same file simultaneously within a chat; - Voice and video calls are supported; - Voice and video calls have lots of features and functionalities such as sharing screen, raising hand, sharing computer audio, video backgrounds, in-call chat etc; - Calendar allows you to track your agenda; - Integration with Microsoft Planner, OneNote, Excel etc. makes the life a lot easier.

Cons

- Notifications are sometimes unreliable; - Collaboration of a file has lots of problems and is not reliable; - The way chat window is organized does not serve all needs;

Great app for large companies

Microsoft Teams is a great app for communication among company members as it's easy to use. It comes as part of Microsoft Office package which makes it a great value for money.

Pros

The fact that all 30.000 employees are just a few clicks away and that I can reach out to them in only couple of seconds is what I like the most. Teams also supports video calls and meeting rooms for up to 49 people which is the feature my team uses fairly often. Also, whole Microsoft Office package is connected to Teams which makes life much easier. Customer support is really good, I only had the need for them couple times and they were able to help me very quickly.

Cons

It is a fairly robust software, it is prone to bugs and crashes, although not very often. I also had one or two instances of app not being able to connect to server, making the app unusable, but it was quickly fixed thanks to the customer support.

Excellent Productivity Tool

Microsoft Teams has been phenomenal and it’s easy to set up meetings, schedule calls, conferences, sending chat to the team, create groups. I really love the backgrounds too! It’s one stop shop for productivity.

Pros

East to understand. Free to use with Microsoft Office 365. Better than Zoom, Slack. Video calls and chat are seamless. Can share Word documents and excel spreadsheets easily with the team members

Cons

Not much of a con but I wish there are support for calls to phones as well. That would replacement for Skype.

Huge surprise after thinking Slack was our last chat software

It has become central to our team. It also provides really smooth collaboration tools where we can share our screen while discussing an issue, seamlessly jump into an audio call and pass control back and forth. It makes it so easy to get what I need from my team and get right back to work.

Pros

The integrations are amazing! You can build so much of your everyday business practices around Teams. Integration with customer support ticketing systems, file sharing, wikis, and full control over all channels and notifications.

Cons

I could use a few more configuration options on the notifications to help better determine what I want as a popup vs just the toolbar indicator.

Microsoft Teams - A Necessary Communication Tool

We were able to replace a plethora of other software with one, Teams! We replaced our virtual meeting software and our intraoffice messaging app; and we've come up with a solution for our need to "text" all of our employees at once and have all of the responses come back to everyone. I know there is so much more that we could be doing with Teams, but the best part is that all of these communications are saved in one place. No more searching texts and emails and etc looking for communications. They are all in one place and they are saved until you delete them!

Pros

I love the variety of ways to communicate with Teams. We recently set it up to be our primary tool to be able to communicate with our entire staff on one platform that allowed for a group message with the number of employees we have. We have Teams on our computers and our phones, so there are a variety of ways to reach out to employees. I have also made sub groups of employees for communications that are only pertinent to them. Our corporate ownership is now using Teams to hold virtual meetings and it is working great!

Cons

Sometimes the set up can be a bit confusing, but the technical help we've received has been top notch.

Easy to use, well integrated, could do with some additional features and options

Like a million other people we have had to move to online meetings and transactions due to the Pandemic. There are other tools, and some of them are probably better for the video meetings aspect, but only Team has that integrated approach, especially with O365 etc. so overall the experience has certainly been positive. I have also found it to be very reliable, with almost no technical issues.

Pros

The biggest strength, by far, is the integration with other Microsoft applications, and in particular messaging and Sharepoint. Whilst the video function is probably the part I use the most, I especially like the fact we can work together, share files and chat all in one place.

Cons

The interface is a little too basic, but my biggest gripe is the lack of customisation, especially on simple things like video. For example, why can't I move the video windows around? Why can't I enlarge one, and reduce another? If you look the competitors, they all offer a bit more of a customised user interface. My second grumble is the disconnect between a team, a chat, and video call....why can they not be combined?

Great collaboration tools

I use Microsoft Teams as principal collaboration tools for video calls, screen sharing and the apps is great. For example you can invite someone with any emails addresses in an online meeting even though the app isn’t install on his/her phone or computer ...it is easy to use in a web browser.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a great tools, it is one of the app in the Microsoft 366 package (former office 365 ), you can use it for conferences call, sharing documents, creat group,...Microsoft announced Teams will replace Skype fo business summer 2021.

Cons

They could offer options to subscribe to Microsoft Teams as a stand alone app also, instead to pay for the whole Office 365 package.

Microsoft Teams Review

I created and assigned homework to your students with Microsoft Teams In my lessons, I use the "General" channel for planning and running the lesson. I announce the homework for the week (attaching the necessary files). Students ask their questions directly in the discussion thread. This has several advantages: Students can answer questions from their colleagues. Students can refer to it easily. This saves me from responding to multiple emails with the same question. The questions asked become an indicator of the notions on which I will have to insist at the beginning of the next course.

Pros

Microsoft 365 Teams has the following main benefits: - A conversation including text, sound, videos and the ability to share files; - A private conversation, ideal for developing an idea and then sharing with the entire organization; - Storage of all files, documents… in one place! ; - Integration of your favorite applications: Trello, GitHub, Planners, etc. - A possibility to connect to Sharepoint and OneDrive, with importing files from one tool to another; - A 100% free version; - Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.

Cons

- One of the downsides of the Teams encryption process is that it is completely controlled by Microsoft, not your organization. If data-at-rest protection is important to your organization, you might want to look at third-party protection technologies, such as CASB, as well. - While integrations with third-party applications can be seen as a benefit for users, they do not make it much easier for administrators. -...

Perfect for Staying Connected in 2020

Teams has been a great tool for our company to share messages, whether between two people, a division of people, or across the entire company of 100+ employees. Our company switched over from Slack as we grew in numbers, and while the UI has taken a bit of time to become acclimated to, Teams has been invaluable for us for all of the available features and the integration with Outlook calendars and our other Microsoft applications.

Pros

Teams has been perfect for my coworkers and me in 2020 when everyone is working remotely. We can effortlessly communicate with one another through the chat feature. We have created teams for our various work teams, departments, societies, and even for interests outside of work. Teams has enabled us to continue our biweekly meetings directly in the app. In a training session the other week, through screensharing I was even able to take control of the other user's screen, which was a remarkable feat. Teams also connects seamlessly with our Outlook calendars, which is a great deal of help when someone is asking in the channel about my availability or when a Teams meeting is on the horizon.

Cons

My only real con with Teams is that I wish it were easier to set a status - the status auto-changes to away after five minutes and sometimes has issues coming back to available. Any away or out of office statuses aren't as readily visible as I would like. The UI overall could be a bit more user-friendly.

A Productivity Platform for Microsoft Stack

Over experience with Teams has been good but that may be because I am a Windows Admins, and is familiar with the Office365 stack. For OOBE Teams will do fine, but it does require some oversight, which is not what some chat competitors (Slack) require. However, this only applies to the chat module and not the entire Teams platform.

Pros

For Business use, you generally get MS Teams if you have Microsoft 365 Business Basic or any of the higher plans. Teams is Microsoft's platform solution to collaboration and productivity, which people often mistake it for something else (point solution for 1 requirement: Chat, or conferencing, or calling tool). Teams has received a series of features rollout in 2020 due to the pandemic, and has made...

Cons

1. Licensing may confuse people not familiy with Microsoft SKU. Hopefully you are working with a VAR or MS Licensing Expert to get your started. 2. UX as I mentioned is very poor in some aspects, but have improved considerably last few quarters. 3. File sharing can be improved. Users not familiar with OneDrive/SharePoint will have very messy permission schemes very quickly. 4. Administrators have a tough time managing Teams creation, due to requirements with Office365 Groups. This can only be disabled via PowerShell as of writing this review. 5. Integrations with most apps are very poorly done, and is often detrimental to productivity instead of improving it. This is probably a problem with the MS Teams app than the integration itself.

Review of Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is a very good Knowledge Management tool with very nice Instant messaging and Collaboration features.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very nice Instant messaging and collaboration software. Microsoft Teams is getting popular and many organizations have slowly started implementing the same. Microsoft Teams includes very nice features like Instant messenger which useful for the employees to chat with other co-employees within the same organization quickly and getting answers when needed. The other features are...

Cons

Microsoft Teams though very popular also has few demerits. Microsoft Teams is a proprietary product and it is a paid tool. It also has limited free version but not preferred by organizations. There are issues like Audio disturbances and sometimes it take too much time to join the meeting as the application need to load initially. In big organizations there will be more than one Instant messenger and this can create confusion. Most companies already has Skype and have started with Microsoft Teams & both do not sync and update status during meetings.

Microsoft Teams is a best tool for collaboration

Its been 2 years since I started using Microsoft Teams. I have been using it daily throughout my job activities like attending daily meetings, scheduling meetings, collaborating with team members by sharing thoughtful information and posting announcements in groups or required information in chat and file sharing. Teams has made my day to day activity more easy and productive. Also I have been recommending Teams for almost every other person. Apart from those, the bright part is that I could use almost all the features the same way through mobile app as in Web and that becomes quite easy to handle any job activities remotely. Also it had driven me to explore and use many other apps that's being easily synchronized within the Teams application.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very user friendly application with plenty of features in it. The feature that I mostly been using are the Calendar where I schedule all my daily meetings so quickly and the Team groups where I use to collaborate with my team members and post any announcements. Along with that, the most liked feature is the Search bar where I can search for not only users and messages but also...

Cons

Though the Teams application doesn't have any major dislikes of any feature, rather it can have improvements in user interface likely having more templates, chat background images or color, though it has three background template options. It can also have voice message option, since I felt that's the only feature missing out here, were in now we can send voice message only when there is an unsuccessful call attempt. Also, any updates that are done being in background, which is otherwise a good thing, but that makes less visibility to any new feature or improvement added unless or until seen. So, I would suggest to have update notes or after the update just an automatic tour on the improvements.

More than just another videoconferencing platform.

I am a professor who had to shift to remote classes suddenly last March, and am still offering my classes to remote learners this year. At first I chafed at adopting the institutionally approved platform (Teams) to run my classes. I actually used Zoom the first semester. This semester I was convinced to try Teams and have really enjoyed it. The main thing I did not realize is that Teams is not...

Pros

I really like the scheduling feature and calendar, and the ease of adding other members of my organization to meetings. I also love the ability to create Teams and Channels around specific projects and then send targeted messages to individuals or groups. It really helps me stay organized and keeps my email inbox a lot less cluttered.

Cons

At first when Teams only allowed you to see four people at a time in gallery mode that was a huge disadvantage over other platforms. I think my biggest complaint at this point is the inability to share computer audio when using a Mac. I believe this will be fixed in the future.

We use Teams, but...

Video chats / calls are fine. Chat is OK. File management is OK for simple use cases, horrible for complex use cases but can be "fixed" if you're willing to look at SharePoint that sits behind Teams. Finally -- syncing between your computer and Teams / SharePoint is actually handled by OneDrive. When it's configured right and working, OneDrive is very effective. But actual control and configuration is severely handicapped by dreadful UI and options management. We use Teams because we get a lot for the money, and we can muscle our way through it. But it's not a polished and pleasant experience for any but the most trivial configurations.

Pros

Quick to set up initially, pleasant looking user interface, significant functionality out of the box.

Cons

After we got past our most trivial initial use case, we started to see the less-than-nice guts under the covers of Teams. The actual management of Team members, "projects", chats is convoluted, inconsistent, limited, and far from intuitively obvious. The fact that you're limited to a single UI window while in Teams is awful - I cannot, for example, have one window open for Chats and another open to...

Microsoft Teams- The best and safe alternative to Skype for Business from Microsoft.

Well, my overall experience with this software has been really amazing so far , this product is so good that all of our client meetings have shifted from other alternative platform to Microsoft teams in the last 1 year. A big thanks to the Teams support team for being proactive in sending latest updates with bug fixes and eventually I noticed that even the speed issue is now slowly eardicating from the software. Thanks again to microsoft for making our life easier and intergrating a whole lot of applications and process under one umbrella.

Pros

Teams is essentialy one another great product from Microsoft in last couple of years. When I say great, I specifically wanted to shoutout for its exclusive features like file sharing on the cloud for the whole team that makes it the only platform where a team within a company can update files in real time and moreover have team video calls with just a click of a button. We can also use application lice Azure boards and Jira clouds to prepare these files within the teams. Thanks to this integration, now I don't have to open these application altogether outside and thus Teams helped to manage and work on all these application within one integrated application.

Cons

The one con I particularly noticed was related to the speed with which Teams work. To illustrate with the help of an example, when I used to switch from the "Teams" button to the "Files" button real quick , at times it used to take a lot of time in switching and because of which ultimately a lot of my time gets wasted. Also, if we quickly tap on 3-4 buttons in one go without waiting for the system to slowly switch from one to another, the appliucation used to show "not responding" and used to abruptly close down in one go. Thus speed is the only part that i noticed is a bit slow in this software product.

Bring the Team Together

Teams has allowed the compant to work remote and still come together through video conferences and webinars. Also file sharing through Teams has reduced the need for google docs and other additional spreadsheets.

Pros

Microsoft Teams allows you to set up on your computer and phone. It works on a variety of platforms. It makes it easy to chat with remote team members and share files. Also, you can do video conferences on the go. Similar to Facetime for IOS but a lot more functionality.

Cons

The issue may be fixed now, but Teams was having a hard time allowing outside parcipants who did not have a Teams account. We needed to bring in clients and it seemed to hang up frequently.

Best product for collaboration

This is my favorite application and it is an amazing tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is an amazing collaboration product and it keeps getting better. From being able to do Live events to its integration of applications, Teams is my "go-to" app for communicating with my teams. The Video Conferencing is stellar and Microsoft keeps adding more functionality. Schools get Microsoft for free and there is not reason they should be using Zoom.

Cons

Unlike Zoom, the ability for webinars is lacking. Zoom has everyone beat here and Teams really could use this feature for Live Events. Also, Teams needs to integrate with Microsoft Bookings.

Almost complete solution

Overall it gets the job done in a manner way, it has good plugins and extensions to help you customize it as you like. It's a good software.

Pros

The main features that make us use this service was the ability to organize our work and have online meetings with screen sharing feature, this help us a lot when we are showing something to our colleagues.

Cons

It sometimes doesn't load fast and there's a strange behavior that was causing issues for us, the software has some kind of automatic check to see if there's any interaction with itself, if we aren't interacting directly with Teams but still working on something else on the PC, teams itself will set your status to "Be right back", making your colleagues think that you are away from the computer, which isn't right.

Couldn't manage without it! A few areas need refining...

In a world where working remotely has become the norm, the need for platforms like Teams is vital! When my technical product support group was working in an office setting, we could walk over and ask colleagues for input while we had a customer on the phone line waiting for assistance. When working remotely, Teams allows us to very rapidly send out a question to our group and get instant feedback....

Pros

Most of the tools and icons (e.g., "attach", "share screen", "add participants") in Teams are intuitive and universal, which is important. Most users jump in and learn by doing, not receiving any formal training. It is so helpful to be able to attach a photo of a customer's product concern in Teams so our technical product support group can view it and discuss it. It is also useful that one can...

Cons

When joining a Teams meeting, I always get tripped up by the screen that pops up. It asks how I want to join the meeting. Do I download the app, continue on the browser, or open an existing Teams app? Plus a separate window opens that says Open Microsoft Teams? This all confuses me. Can it not be detected how I always join my Teams meetings every day? Can it not detect that I already have downloaded...