Microsoft Teams Reviews

4.56/5 (8,689 reviews)

Joel Penner

True Seamlesss Multi-Platform Collaboration

Reviewed 2019-11-18

We are a group of a dozen people across North America and expecting to grow to multiple countries in the next year. We use the group chat and video chats as a way to "walk to someone's desk" or "peek over the cubicle wall".

Pros
Proper and correct syncing between multiple platforms is by far the best feature. It looks, works, and keeps track of current conversations regardless of the platform. Ability to take notes and/or schedule notes within a meeting or group chat is very valuable. All of these files are kept in sync regardless of the platform, and this syncing is seamless. The fact that all of this is integrated fully into the rest of our Office365 package means we don't have to have multiple apps or worry that a plugin won't be supported.

Cons
What we have like least is currently in development by Microsoft. At the moment, we cannot undock a video chat window from the regular chats. We also cannot have multiple chat windows going. It would be great to be able to continue a live video conference and have a chat window on another part of the screen or use the whiteboard or note taking features all at the same time.

April L

Office 365 for Business

Reviewed 2019-11-17

Seldomly, files that are shared have become locked to the original author, without showing its locked to the authors account. The more you use this software, the more comfortable and familiar it will come. It is the most user friendly Microsoft product I have used and trial and error works to discover some functions. Microsoft is also working towards the functionality of its products with Android phones which I do use to access my office 365 account in different todo list widgets, my boomerang email app, my calenders, or organizations and personal cloud, Word & Excel etc, and your phone companion app which allows you to get texts and notifications on your windows computer, move photos from device to device, and share your phone screen.

Pros
Microsoft offers a Web Portal, or integration into your Outlook app, as well as the ability to sync your Onedrive with Windows File Explorer. There are many useful tools that you can add-on such as To-Do, a note taking app that can sync with android phones and where you can flag emails to show up in a to do list; Boomerang, which can resend emails to the top of your inbox when you want it or you can schedule emails to send to your contacts at a later time; Skype for Business, and many more. With all of the functionality these add-ons bring, all of the basics are covered in the apps that are already included such as Outlook, Word & Excel & the other apps (online apps), Calendar, Onedrive, SharePoint (or Sites), Teams. The online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Publisher do have limited functionality, but most business level subscriptions also provides access to the desktop apps where your files will sync real time. There is no longer a reason to download documents, edit, and resend to everyone else who needs to edit info. If you're accounts are all synced, those files will remain intact. Multiple people can work on them at the same time and changes with be automatically synced and saved.

Cons
There have been many updates to the look, feel, and general usability of OneDrive and SharePoint. SharePoint lacks some organization and doesn't always accurately show who uploaded, or edited documents. OneDrive is a great tool for saving all your files to the cloud, however, when others share files with just you, you are not given the function to sort, or organize this section, making it hard to find live files.

Anonymous

Sharing with and working clients and others.

Reviewed 2019-11-14

I love the download version of Office 365 and use it daily. I have a few issues with the only version being slow to respond but I can use autosave which keeps all my docs on my one drive. I like being able to open the onedrive any place I'm at to access information. Powerpoint is pretty good. Excel needs updated badly.

Pros
My favorite feature is sharing documents with a proofreader, client(s) or project member(s) which all us all the ability to adjust to document information and make changes together. We can all open the same document at the same time and work together to get the information how it needs to be. We often do a conference call with one main editor of the document. We can all watch the editing live. Other times we take turns editing the document. We can do in an hour what used to take us days of sending the documents back and forth. Plus word is something everyone understands so there is very little learning curve.

Cons
Excel badly needs build in Macros, shortcut features. I had a big product that while needed to move pdf information to Excel and it was a nightmare. I ended up download other software to put the information in the spreadsheet then copy and paste to Excel.

Anonymous

All the applications any organisation needed for daily use in one platform.

Reviewed 2019-11-12

In the initial stage, we started using O365 globally with Skype for Business and Sharepoint Online only but after sometimes we realized that it comes with multiple other applications such as Exchange, Mobile Device Management ( Intune), Azure Active Directory and other office applications (Excel, word, etc). So little by little, we are planning to use 100% of O365 features. At the moment we are using Skype For business and MS Teams as our main Video/Audio conference platform. Before we migrate to SFB we were using third-party vendor platform for audio calls which we paid based on the minutes and number of participants and after we migrate to O365 with Skype for Business this is only license cost per user and no additional charges, This saved a lot of money to Organization. Sharepoint online also we are using to share documents and updates within the organization and within our business partners and customers. Microsoft Intune we are using to manage our co-operate owned devices globally ( IOS & Android ).

Pros
Easy to access from anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection. Possible of access online and edit or change any documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Can access from any device to your account. Skype for Business or MS Teams can use as a Video/Audio Conference tool. O365 comes with Microsoft Intune which helps to manage your organization's mobiles and Portable devices( ex.IPADs). Sharepoint Online helps you to create own Website to share documents, updates, etc within an organization or with external parties. O365 is one of the greatest solution provided by Microsoft for any Organization which will cover at least 80% of the most needed applications in one platform.( Based on the licenses you purchased.)

Cons
Microsoft Intune limitation to setup Emails on an Android platform using a Fully managed profile when you have a none third party exchange platform that is not connected to Exchange Online. Only "Gmail" and "Ninework" works with Intune Android emails. New Sharepoint Online some features complex compared to the previous version for users who used to the previous version.

Radoslav Batinov

Office 365 - your office everywhere

Reviewed 2019-11-10

I have been using Office 365 for business purposes - where I have been working. All the company trusts its products and uses them to help with organizing their work. We easily have access to files shared for current teams, we easily chat and maintain project ideas, also we easily create our documentations on what we created and much more. I pretty recommend it because it has very powerful tools which can save you a lot of time and headache because in everyday life we need to stay organized and also we need to have our office everywhere because business is not only for staying in one place the whole year.

Pros
This is one very powerful group of products, that everyone should use because of: 1. For me it has one of the most powerful tools for office work - like Word - for organizing and creating your documents, PowerPoint - to easily create your pretty presentations for your software development for example; Excel - to store some table data and calculate a lot of things; Outlook - to organize all your business or even personal mails; Teams - to chat with your partners and much more. 2. You have always up to date software - you keep in touch with every new update which brings you more security and of course new features. 3. You can install the product on your device, either use it with the cloud version. The cool thing is that if you have multiple devices - you can install it on them, even they are phones, PCs or laptops. And the coolest one is that there is a cloud version of the apps. 4. Everything you create can be stored on the cloud, so your documents will be always with you - just view them from every device in every point of the world. 5. I think the price is good and worth it. 6. And finally, there is the support which you can contact to help you if you have any difficulties or problems with the software.

Cons
Since my experience with the product I haven't experienced any difficulties which cause me to have a negative point of the product. Of course, there were some bugs and some crashes with the cloud versions, but which software hasn't one? And of course, even that there was kind of this problems, they were very fastly resolved, which is cool because you are not waiting too much to get back the service working.

Matthew Stanford

Upgrade from Skype (and Outlook)

Reviewed 2019-11-06

I love the fact that this is a very easy to use application, to chat with another team member, you just type their name in the search field. It also allows chats with each of the people who’ve accepted (and, unfortunately, those who haven’t replied or declined) appointments in Microsoft Outlook. I’ve not figured out how to disable the ability to invite me to chats about appointments I’ve declined (as I’m currently on some listserv that invites me to the wrong meetings — but this is an IT issue, not a Microsoft Teams issue, to be clear), but this is nothing major. Our organization used to use Skype, which was Microsoft’s only chat system previously, but Microsoft Teams has proven itself much more useful. I can chat with (ahem) teams of people or privately with one person. I’m shown the user’s availability status with an icon next to their profile photo, which is imported from their Microsoft account. These are two great features because, while they are not new or particularly innovative, it is familiar and therefore easy to understand. The paradox in software design is to make something brilliant and breakthrough while keeping it familiar enough that users don’t need a training class or instruction manual. The paradox with Microsoft Teams is that it might make more sense if it didn’t exist at all — meaning, all of these features could be enhancements to Microsoft Outlook. But that same argument could be made for all Microsoft Office products. Overall 4/5

Pros
It’s seamless integration with other Microsoft Office products so that no new knowledge is needed to use and all of the features of other products are repurposed in this one.

Cons
Ironically, this application might be better suited if it were merely an enhancement of features in Microsoft Outlook.

Collaborative development - Microsoft teams to the rescue

Reviewed 2019-11-02

It is a great software for communication. Saving a lot of effort and time. Building applications collaboratively.

Pros
It is very easy to use, convenient and user friendly. It is a very light weighted software and does not take much of your space. It is great for internal communication in a company. It supports features like polling which is very useful. It has various apps and connectors to integrate with other software. It supports sharing of all types of files. It is great for scheduling and holding meetings. It supports the functionality where different channels could be created for different departments and teams under a company and promote collaborative development. Also supports excel and other ms documents.

Cons
Sometimes while sharing files, the software freezes and have to try sharing the file multiple times. It saves the files by default to a teams folder in the system and does not ask for a path to store the file. The UI when attending demo calls should also be enhanced, it just shows the number of people in the call.

Efficient, Reliable, and Everything You Need

Reviewed 2019-10-25

Office 365 has created a more effective means of reaching and communicating with our students and staff. The implementation of the Office suite has ensured all of our students have access to the tools they need to complete their coursework. The cloud feature has worked flawlessly, and it creates a greater peace of mind knowing I can recall documents from years ago with zero issues.

Pros
Microsoft Office 365 is offered to all of our 18,000+ students for e-mail services alongside Microsoft's Office Suite. Office 365 allows our students to work from anywhere with internet access and collaborate with their teachers and peers. The cloud saves effortlessly, and the e-mail system has worked flawlessly. In handling the e-mails for an institution of such a magnitude, other programs can sometimes lag or have various downtime issues. Even some of our larger software providers have had issues, but I have never seen any issue with Microsoft. Many of the other CUNY schools also utilize Office 365 for their students, and between our system alone, there are well over 50,000 users. Compared to the previous edition, the addition of the Office Suite has made our students more productive and more efficient.

Cons
I have never had an issue with the Office 365 Software. I would love to have easier cell phone e-mail implementation to create even more easy-to-use access for our students of all ages and ensure our communications are reaching our students and staff with greater speed. However, this may simply be something that my institution has not yet utilized. With that said, it certainly is possible to add the Outlook accounts to cell phones through the e-mail inboxes, however, I think having a single unified app would make the process even easier.

Blair Phibbs

A must have for any office

Reviewed 2019-10-24

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

Pros
Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me. Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities. I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

Cons
There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

Supun Sameera

Office 365 - The online Office Package

Reviewed 2019-10-23

Larger part out of the whole world population has a considerable internet connection today. Therefore we can use this platform at anytime, anywhere in the world. We can log into our account and continue our works at any time. I recommend this platform for any type of office or educational places such as universities and schools. Team work is improved with the features included in the platform. Also this package makes our works easier. Using one ‘Teams’ we can chat, share documents, media files etc. PC storage does not run out for software installation since this is a fully cloud based service. Mostly useful in emergency times such as if we want to change or delete a slide in a Powerpoint presentation in a minute using a computer without office package, we can use this platform. If you have a good internet connection, Office 365 will be a good opportunity to you or your office, workplace or school.

Pros
Office 365 is a platform developed by Microsoft to introduce a new trend of an office package. This is totally based on internet and no any software needed to download and install. That is the most important advantage of Office 365 platform. The only thing we need is a computer or a smartphone with a web browser and internet connection. In this platform we have the access to many of the software included in a normal Microsoft Office package such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access etc. Office 365 was really helped me in immediate occasions where I do not have time to download, install and use some software. Best feature in Office 365 package is ‘Teams’ package. All my friends including me, signed in to Teams as an engineering batch and all of our lecturers also joined to it. This makes our academic works easier and efficient. Lecturers upload their lecture notes to Teams. Then all of us (Students registered in Teams) can download and refer them. Also we do online assignments, quizzes through Office 365 platform. Another great thing is the One Drive online storage given by platform freely with the open of an account.

Cons
We cannot use Office 365 without an internet connection. This is the major problem arise if we are living in a rural area without good internet connection. Though Office 365 included with many wonderful features, they are not useful if you do not have an internet connection. Also Office 365 takes much time to load. Especially the Teams package take considerable time to load and it spend big amount of our data package. All the features included in a normal Microsoft Office package are not included in Office 365. We cannot use it to do complex works that we doing using normal Office package. Sometimes little bugs can be seen in Teams package. We need a Microsoft account to use Office 365. Without Microsoft account we cannot work in Office 365 and we have to sign in to our account every time before we use the package.

Dominika Celecova

How our team uses Microsoft Teams

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Microsoft Teams serves our team well. It has all the functionalities and integrations that we may possibly need and we don't have to pay extra for it as it is part of the Office Suite. With Teams, we can do and share everything without having to go to a different tool, like Skype, Mural, Lucid Chart, SharePoint etc.

Pros
There are a few features that I personally love about teams: 1. Ability to add additional applications. In teams, you can link other apps to your team page and this way it makes Teams a one stop place for us. Not only I am able to link different kinds of Microsoft tools Powerpoint and Word, but also third party tools like Lucid Chart and Mural that we use for diagrams, Ruum for project management, Trello etc. 2. Planner tool. Planner is my favorite feature to use in Teams. It is similar to Trello and Asana, but in my opinion much better and more clear. It is easy for me to organize tasks by different criteria, have different column views, label things and color code them and link other assets in Teams to these tasks. This makes my project management part of the job really easy and quick. 3. Ability to have multiple tabs in team pages. This makes it easy to make these team pages very organized and look put together. My team has different PDFs linked as one of the team pages tabs, we use a Wiki, excel and many more.

Cons
There are a few little things, like not being able to have multiple team pages or folders open at once, for example. It also is a little buggy from time to time, for example, it wouldn't let me rename folders under certain circumstances, but would work an hour later.

sampath Chaminda

Microsoft Teams is not only for conferencing its bunch of application

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Teams is good product for business work. This is coming with Office 365 as bulk product. Most of the time our internal roaming meeting are handle by MS Teams. Voice and Video quality is good, Screen sharing is working with low bandwidth conditions. Social Chanel activities like Facebook & Twitter are integrated with same application this is good feature for cooperate communication teams.

Pros
Microsoft Teams is not only conferencing app its integration bunch of application. With single application we are able to access most of the Microsoft service one-drive Calendar, One note, planner etc. Believe this is grate alternative for MS lync, SFB. Spaciously channel creation is very help full to discuss internal issues and and share our ideas. Team meeting work as slimier to Skype for business. video and voice quality is very clear and seems this is working with using less bandwidth. Product is getting attractive among the users and admins. it’s using AD credential for sign in.

Cons
Software startup time is slow have to wait little time to complete work. some time application environment complex for basic users that time we have to help them to find out application features. As a user and admin Cons are very less with the product.

Ishanka Madhushani

Better communication platform for a company which use Office 365

Reviewed 2019-10-14

In my opinion, I much prefer Skype to Microsoft Teams because of the ease of chatting and the use of uploading and viewing files is so much easier. OneDrive can be used instead to upload files and it can then be shared and that is much easier for me. Microsoft Teams is new, and for now, it seems complicated to me because of the structure of the chat and file structure. When the OneDrive synchronizing stoped on my MacBook, I had a very bad time with it.

Pros
Microsoft Teams is a very good easy to use a duplicate and changed version of Skype. Microsoft Teams can be used to do a number of different things that Skype cannot do. Microsoft Teams on the good side can do a number of different things from starting a conversation to set reminders for groups or teams. Microsoft Teams can share files with anyone in your team with ease, and it does get deeper than that. Teams also do more than the usual chat software, like personalizing the software so it can fit your experience. If you have a full Office 365 package you will experience full Office 365 including tools such as Planner, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Power BI. Teams has both Android and iOS apps that you can use to communicate with your colleagues with your smartphone.

Cons
But then again, Teams can get confusing. Uploading a file can be easy, but then again file structure can be complicated and can frustrate users (it frustrated me). Microsoft tries and makes it easy to use by separating the main features into categories like Chat, Teams, and Files to separate apps on the sidebar. This again over-confuses users (like it did to me) as everyone prefers it to be in one app like it was on Skype. It has compatibility issues, I have installed and used Teams in my MacBook but OneDrive synchronizing has stoped I have no idea on this issue.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Arturo Moreno Moreno

Good software for team communication

Reviewed 2019-10-11

overall it is a good software, capable for quick and easy meetings and lots of integration with Microsoft products. Maybe it lacks some fancy features like the ones you can find in GoToMeeting, but Teams is already included in some Microsoft business packages, so no separated config needed.

Pros
Teams aims to be a full communication software for developements teams. With this in mind, it includes both written and audio/video chat. Something nice about Teams it is that the written chat is not a secondary feature behind the audio/video meetings, but it is part of the main feature. It allows to create one-to-one chats, like a direct messaging software, but also allows to create team chats, group chats and so on. Is good to indicate that the teams can be defined as a different entity from the gropus and you can invite people from different teams to a same group, or maybe ivite a whole team to chat with some other people... it is very flexible regarding this. Another interesting feature is the posibility to share files within a chat, and that the files are stored to be downloaded at any time while the chat is not deleted. And you can check the files shared on a group by just clicking on a button. The same thing happens with the audio/video meetings. You can call a single person or several at a time. You can share screen to present something, request control of the presenter screen and also if using a Wacom tabled or a Microsoft Surface, you can share a whiteboard where every participant can draw. Beside this, the quality of the audio/video calls is just perfect when you've a good internet connection.

Cons
It requires a very stable internet connection. Athough this is something common in video-conference software, with Teams is a bit extra problem since a network with ver little unstability causes the audio/video quality to drop too mucha and even kick you out of the meeting, after what you need to join again. The inexistance of a native Linux client is also a really big downside for me.

Steve Feldner

The only product for business and office productivity but licensing is troublesome and expensive

Reviewed 2019-10-10

All the Office products are a requirement for creating documents that are shareable and usable with others. They are all "feature-rich" and with them you can create documents and presentations that can really impress others. However, licensing and in particular the transfer of licenses is impossible for the pre-subscription products. There is no way to move such a license to a different PC without manual intervention of Microsoft people over the phone. Microsoft really wants to force users and corporations to move to a subscription service (Office 365) instead of purchasing and installing "Office Pro 2019". And because of that, there is no "upgrade path" for any of the pre-subscription products to the next version or to a subscription (Office 365). Besides changing their type of revenue and increasing their cash flow, they have gone way to far to prevent people from pirating their software. That effort has made the maintenance of their non-subscription products so very, very unfriendly and costly. And look out - Windows will become a subscription product soon and we will we will be paying a monthly/yearly fee to use it.

Pros
It is the de facto standard for creating all types of documents for daily use in an office. With an Office 365 subscription, you always have the latest versions available without having to buy an upgrade or manually download updates.

Cons
As the versions have progressed, all the products have become increasingly harder to use and they require in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Ribbon in order to find the functions you need. The "help" documentation is poor at best and answers to operational and use questions are almost always found on other websites, not Microsoft's sites. The ribbon has been forced onto users and there is no way to revert to older versions of command lists and menus. And Microsoft does not provide the ability to search for commands and learn where they can be found in the ribbon. This makes it impossible to learn how to use the products by using them. I've used the products for years and I still, constantly, have to "google" to find where commands are and how to use them. Also, since all the Office products are constantly "improving", Ribbon and menus change in their method of organization which quickly invalidates any help you might find on Microsoft sites and other 3rd party sites. Instructions dealing with "click this and then click this and choose this" need to change with each version and they do not. Worst of all, Microsoft had decided to make all their "apps" into "tablet friendly" ones with larger buttons and greater spacing between buttons. This has reduced the area to display commands and made the ribbon and menus more complex with several more drop-downs and several more clicks required to get to the command you which has and continues to make the products harder to use.

Tami Neff

It may not be totally free for Non-Profits, but it's worth the small price!

Reviewed 2019-10-03

Where many in our church wanted to, and do, use Google Docs / G Suite because they either want something free for their limited use or don't understand that you can do collaboration in Office 365, the business office of our church fought to stay with Office 365 because it's easier when you get into more than just creating text paragraphs on a page. You may not have the design level of something like Adobe InDesign, but you can create beautiful documents, tables, presentations, and a host of other items that are essential to church communications.

Pros
Years of advancements make Office the clear winner for business applications over G Suite The templates that come with Office 365 applications and the ones you can find online Easy offline use Ability to use with documents created in Google Docs / G Suite by parishioners SharePoint has great features that the G Suite collaborative environment doesn't have

Cons
Inability to create groups in Exchange that do not include email addresses outside of your domain The one Office 365 application that hasn't advanced a great deal is PowerPoint - but it still gets the job done if you aren't trying to do anything too fancy as long as you avoide Death by PowerPoint bulleted text

Dan Callari

Microsoft Teams crushes Slack!

Reviewed 2019-09-30

We wanted to get ahead of the sun setting of Skype for Business and realize the benefits of Teams collaboration capabilities.

Pros
Microsoft Teams provides all of the functionality of Skype for Business, but with a better user experience. The audio and video quality is excellent. The collaboration features are by far the best I've experienced. Simple to deploy, easy to use, I cannot say enough good things about Teams.

Cons
Without proper governance, this product will sprawl easily within your organization. Take some time to setup business rules and remove the default permissions, enabling the proper security and administration of the application.

Manuel Diaz

Best option, Better if you use Windows OS

Reviewed 2019-09-29

The overall experience is very good, aside from the issues using it on macOS or the lack of apps for Linus systems, on windows works flawlessly and is a software we can trust to get our job done

Pros
It has many features, every update we find more features that makes the job easier, it is very stable and the sync with onedrive makes it very trust-able since the job is always on the cloud . On windows

Cons
The very most issue of this software is the lack of compatibility or compatibility issues with other systems than Microsoft Windows. Using it on MAC OS Mojave, I have found so many issues mostly with Onedrive, it stops synchronizing because of the name of the files, updates had came, for macOS and for office 365, the issue stills happens at least once a week.

john kenny

MS Teams, Microsoft's new collaboration app that you will wonder how you did without it!!

Reviewed 2019-09-25

Once you get used to its quirks and also get your head around how Teams and Channels work it becomes an invaluable addition to the Microsoft Office 365 Eco System. I now use it daily to plan and out and collaborate on my clients Channels / Teams with the added functionality from Apps, Connectors and Bots ive now been able to feed in many of the Cloud Apps and Services that i use for my business so that i have all the data i need in MS Teams. Also now Teams has the IM and VOIP functions all working ready to take over from Skype for Business when it retires fairly soon i also use Teams as my communication app on top of everything else which gives you some sort of idea how much it can actually do now.

Pros
What i like most about Microsoft Teams is its versatility, its uses seem to be endless. It took me a while to get used to using it as its grown as ive learnt to use it. Microsoft and 3rd Parties are still adding new functionality to Teams via apps, connectors and bots and it seems to be gaining pace as developers see that its adoption is taking off which for end users is great news as more than likely you will be able to find one of these apps, connectors and bots that will connect Teams to another Cloud App or Service that you use already making Teams even more productive to use.

Cons
Its Tennant switching function, Guest and External users still baffle me sometimes as its not straight forward to use. If your Azure AD user has been invited into a team that belongs to another Office 365 Tennant account you have to manually switch Teams to that Tennant account via a drop down which then switches over to that Office 365 Tennants Teams channels so that you can access the channel / team you have been invited into. Its as confusing as it sounds, I still dont think this is the answer to the multi tenant problem. Although to be fair its now a lot better than it was a year ago or earlier. Then to add to that confusion you then have the Guest and External user types, both types can be invited into your Office 365's tenants channel / team but the Guest user actually will add the invited user into your Azure AD as a guest user so that user has more rights to a channel / team than an External user. External users can be invited into a channel / team but there rights are very low but the External user type is mainly for the IM / VOIP / Meeting functionality in MS Teams.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Karrah Kozlowski

Skype is No Longer our Hype

Reviewed 2019-09-20

The major business component my team and I are solving while using Microsoft Teams is communication. Communication will always be the most important key in all areas of customer service. Microsoft Teams has proved to be loyal, reliable and a great source of evidence. As the Front Desk Agent, it is my duty to take in all incoming calls and direct them as seen fit. At times my directors, payroll admins and recruiters are unavailable to take a call due to being on another call or away from their desk at the time. My first and foremost response to these moments of unavailability is to collect the needed information from the caller and direct all of the information to my coworkers via Microsoft Teams. No one can say they did not receive the message because the evidence of the written word is there for them to find. Microsoft Teams has made the predicaments of then, the resolved of today with the information easy to see and find within Microsoft Teams. No more incorrect or forgotten information needs to be passed along. The biggest benefit of Microsoft Teams within our company has been realized. Integration is a positive thing as long as you know how and what you are doing. Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Teams make a great pair you could say. With this benefit, our staff is able to use Outlook or Teams to add and see appointments daily. It's great to see everything on the same page. It's good to know that if needed be, we could use Microsoft Teams without Microsoft Office.

Pros
My company began using Microsoft Teams in April of 2019. Using a new product can be tricky and make you unsure if you'll like it. I don't like Microsoft Teams, I LOVE it! The software offers more features, options and accessibilities for its users. My team and I mainly use the platform to communicate with one another versus picking up the phone and calling because it is faster and more convenient. The layout is perfect, easy to read and I like that I am able to change the background to high contrast - stands out like a sore thumb in a good way! A great example where Microsoft Teams has helped me achieve my goal was when my director had previously put her phone on silent and forgot to take it off. A phone call from a client had come in and instead of raising my voice or getting up and running to my director's office, I got on Microsoft Teams and sent her a message to let her know I could not direct the client to her phone. The concern was solved in the nick of time and neither party had to wait longer than they should have. Microsoft Teams is a great teammate to have!

Cons
My coworkers and I simply use Microsoft Teams to communicate information with one another and based on the software alone, have not had a single predicament. There is nothing that I least like about using this product personally. Though I do go on to question why this application has so many apps for integration and the purpose to integrate the many apps in association. A first time buyer may think to themselves, "Wow! That's a lot of apps, I don't think myself or my company will be needing all of this." The multiple apps may come off like a strong perfume - there's a lot going on and no one explaining the beautiful chaos of the apps provided. I am sure if my coworkers and I took the time to go through the apps, we would find something of use for our team. I just wish Microsoft Teams had a better way of presenting the applications included.

Osamah Alnasser

The Complete Package

Reviewed 2019-09-10

I have been using Office 365 for over 7 years now and I am completely satisfied with it. It provides me with every product that I need like Word, OneDrive and PowerPoint. it runs smoothly and doesn't consume a lot of memory. Office 365 has saved me many times when I needed to do some work and studies. I have become attached to it and I can't let it go now. it's simply my best package so far!

Pros
I am always asked to make a decent presentation, a proper and organized article, a database and many more other duties. Luckily I have Office 365. it is the absolute package that contains all of the necessary tools to get these duties accomplished. All my favourite Softwares are gathered in one place ( Office 365 ). I use almost every product included in the package. PowerPoint to make perfect presentations to my college, Word to prepare a well-shaped article, and Excel to make some huge databases that contain tons of information and calculations! I also use OneDrive which is a product included in Office 365 that gives you access to your files from anywhere, whether you're at home resting at your bed, or at the library studying or even in a vacation on the beach. You can access your files from literally anywhere! One thing I like a lot about Office 365 is that once you get it, you will have it on your PC, on your phone and even on your Tablet or smartwatch! Also, I like the fast-paced updates. with Office 365 you will always have Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint and many other products at the latest version as soon as it comes out!

Cons
While you can access your files at any time and from anywhere, you need an internet connection for that, so if you happen to not have an available internet connection, you will not be able to access your files at all. Office 365 uses the latest technology and do updates for its products pretty often, Office 365 is so advanced to the point that sometimes it will not be compatible with some old systems and devices. Although you might be able to come around this problem but that process is very time-consuming.

Microsoft meets the Web

Reviewed 2019-08-14

I like the interface, the fact that the tool is professional oriented, as great support and is still the reference when it comes to digital documents.

Pros
I've been moving away from Microsoft Office because I've been moving away from Windows for a long time, but I've never find a good Office solution that compares to Microsoft Office. Open Source solutions are a bit clunky and are not on par with the latest User Interfaces experiences, and Google Drive offers the best alternative, with less options than Microsoft Office. Since Microsoft Office offers cloud solutions as part of MS Office 365, it became a game changer. I can now properly get back to the Microsoft solution and use their tool from everywhere, knowing that I will have the proper layout in files shared with me, and vice versa. The options and tools are exactly what you could expect from Microsoft and this move toward the cloud is a very nice move. The MS Office solution is not free, but it offers a storage of 1TB on the cloud and the licence can be shared with family members (up to 5 people).

Cons
The cloud solution still needs some improvements. I haven't been able to edit, at the same time, a document with someone else, while Google Drive offers realtime edition on any kind of files. Microsoft offers a great solution with MS Office but seems a bit late to the "cloud party". There's still a lot to improve and I feel that it's easier now to get people on Google Drive and share documents with them, than it is on MS Office. Part of it being because MS Office doesn't offer free solution (yet).

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Michael Cota

MSTeams is a top notch communication app

Reviewed 2019-07-28

Nothing but positive experiences so far and it was a welcome addition once I mentioned it was included with our sub.

Pros
- The ability to control the channels and groups - Being able to easily get missed notifications via email - Mobile app that is just as great as the desktop app - Web app makes it easier for everyone to use teams with no installation - add-ons for wiki's scheduling - HIPAA compliant - Able to share your screen with co-workers on the fly

Cons
- Lacks the ability to create a command like slack where you can have a bot produce a wifi code or other common knowledge that is needed from time to time

Stefan Komnenic

Office 365/Review

Reviewed 2019-07-24

I use this program for private and business purposes, although a bit more demanding program it gives me a bit of fun while working.

Pros
The benefits of Office 365 are many, I will try to list only some. By subscribing to Office 365 (O365), you get access to the latest versions of Office software (WORD, Excel, PoverPoint, Outlook, OneNote, etc.). Allows you to use the most advanced features in these applications that have become better at a given moment (e.g., Direct Translation of Text in a Second Language in Vord, Using Geo Cards in Excel, or Inserting 3D Visual Elements in a PoverPoint). The full package works best with the cloud (cloud) where Microsoft gives each user a free terabyte space on their file storage servers. One terabyte is more than enough to store all the files you use on documents (photos, photos, videos, e-mails, etc.). Transferring your files to the cloud gives you several benefits: :: Your files are available to you from any computer, tablet, and on your phones: You can share files with colleagues, even more so, work on the same file at the same time from different locations (for example, colleagues in the office and you at home, do together on the same PowerPoint presentation, and then see who made the change). These services significantly reduce the number of sent emails, then problems that arise when the organization circles several versions of the same document within the organization. :: When all of your files are in the cloud, it means you always have a copy of your disc without the need for external disks.

Cons
There are also shortcomings in the use of O365 that some organizations can be decisive when deciding whether to switch to this service: :: If you are not connected to the Internet, synchronization between devices will not work. This means that you may not be able to update the latest version of the file your colleague worked with using the 'cloud'. :: Microsoft almost daily adds new features, and for some users who do not like changes, it may be a problem.

Greg Parson

Has come a long ways in the past year or two

Reviewed 2019-07-19

When we first started investigating Office 365 a few years ago, we could see promise in the integration possibilities, but the reality was pretty clunky, even inside of the Windows ecosytem. Now its really starting to deliver on that huge opportunity, especially between Windows, MacOS, and IOS.

Pros
Starting to realize the potential benefits of integration across Windows, MacOS, iOS

Cons
Would like to see better integration with other messaging/chat tools like Slack, etc.