Clover Logo

Clover

Comprehensive point of sale & business management solution

Clover Reviews

User ratings

3.9

• Likelihood to recommend7.82/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I have just started using this software and I love it. I visited a store and the owner introduced me to this software to gain reward points after shopping to get exclusive content.

Jalonda R.

It was extremely easy to set up, and easy to use. The user interface is beautiful, and customers really enjoy how sleek and clean it looks.

SL

Savannah L.

I love the fact that I can earn points when I visit my favorite restaurants. It is also a safe an d secure app.

GH

Ginger H.

The Shopify integration does not work either, and for me failed at the first hurdle, (I have now been waiting 14 days for a fix).

GW

Graham W.

The E-Commerce integration does not work. The Magento integration is for Magento 1m which was made obsolete in June 2018, and is no longer supported.

GW

Graham W.

It horrible from A to Z, the tips always wrong, the report can’t tell how much food, liquor ,2 managers and 3 bartenders left because this system.

TN

Shopify POS

QuickBooks Payments-logocaret

QuickBooks Payments

Compare both
How would you rate Clover?

GD

Gordon D.

Owner

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Needed a new Payment Processor and they killed it

Transcript

Gordon D: My name's Gordon, and I work in the handmade leather goods industry, and I give Clover a four...

Product is great. But lacks customer support

Transcript

Scott H.: My name is Scott, and I'm the owner of our gym. We are in the fitness and health industry....

Use in my small businees

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Pros

My coffee shop uses clover devices as our POS system. The software is convenient and easy to place in a store. It features many apps that make it applicable to nearly any market. They also have many accessories- the main one we use are the receipt printers (small and regular size), the handheld tablet, and the customer interface screen.

Cons

Over time the clover tablets do slow down. We frequently reboot them to rev up the speed.

Almost Great...

My overall experience with clover has spanned from the creation of menus and items with sub menus and add ons for each item, as well as specials for days of the week as well as happy hour times to daily usage for pos transactions. Overall I have been very happy with everything, other than the need to set up account through bank, as I mentioned before.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use clover for grab and go, sit down service, or retail services. It is the only pos system I know of that is easy to use for one or all three of the above type of service. With one pos you can easily switch apps and have optimized layout and design for each of the above, while keeping the same items and menus/submenus.

Cons

I dislike that it has to be used through your bank. It makes it really hard for management to have the ability to access customer support and full features, since most owners dont want their employees, even management, to have access to full banking info.

Great but has limitations

Overall, it’s been really great. Whenever we have issues, clover is usually able to solve it. Their customer service has been wonderful; they take time to understand issues and make notes for their software engineers when there’s a bug.

Pros

Easy to use; intuitive layout. The report overview can show sales by-the-hour which is helpful for planning. The add-on apps have been working well; Menufy & the inventory audit are great. The inventory audit add on also has a downloadable app which has significantly streamlined our inventory process. Great customer service-they are able and willing to help fix any issues that come up.

Cons

The hardware can be glitchy. 2 examples: (1) the station will start clicking buttons randomly and sometimes this can only be stopped by restarting the machine. (2) the biometric finger print sign in will crash about 50% of the time when trying to add new employees. The reports could be more customizable and the filters could be more detailed. It would be nice if the whole thing was able to be customized to fit our unique needs, but for the price it works well enough.

Would never recommend working with clover

Pros

Considering my treatment from Clover I just can't even consider any pros

Cons

You are locked in even after already paying 3 times what the machine is worth and paying a big lump sum none of that matters, there is no dealing with this company.

Support staffs are not well trained billing errors

I would only give them 2 our of 5 stars.

Pros

Easy to manage, fast tech support, good features such as split payment,

Cons

after we closed our account, they still charged us for the monthly fee $39.95, to the old bank account that doesn't have enough fund. They had been charged the fee to our new bank account for months before we closed the account. Why they charged it to the old account for the final month(should not have charged). We ended up being charged by bank for Overdraft. Offline payment that we were not aware...

Clover is Cumbersome and You Need Third Party Paid Apps to do Basic Functionality

Want to have a seamless point of sale software and this was not it. The approval process was difficult and extensive just to find out they are out of stock of their hardware so I am charged the manual entry rate versus the keyed in rate even thought they are out of stock of Clover Go until and undetermined time.

Pros

I like the Clover Gos swipe and cost per transaction option but it is out of stock for months. I like the dashboard.

Cons

Wanted to import products from another system and tried to match the template provided by Clover to import and never got it in. Plus size of file is limited to 10MB which for the effort I could have keyed in the few items quickly to get to the file limit size. Customer support was painful to interact with and not helpful.

Needed a new Payment Processor and they killed it

Customer service has been great to work with. The integration with my website was beyond simple which is what I need running a 2 person business.

Pros

The ease of which I was able to set up an account for my business and integrated it into my website was astonishing. Most people think of clover as a POS system but I primarily use it on the back side of my website and needed the option for a mobile POS. They have it both.

Cons

The cost of equipment that is needed to use this software as a POS is a bit daunting. There are different levels of equipment, but they are all a little pricey.

Great for small cafes and shops

Clover offers affordability for small businesses that do very little processing. If you want a stable system and have relatively simple needs, Clover is a great option.

Pros

In comparison to its' competitors, Clover is by far the easiest POS system to learn. If you can succesfully operate a smartphone, you can manage Clover. This is an asset when dealing with staff who have relatively little POS experience. All of the categories are laid out simply, and everything can be customized with just a few steps. I also like the portability of the physical terminal.

Cons

Customer service is worst than nonexistent, they are just downright unprofessional. If you manage to reach someone, be prepared to be talked down to.

Great for easy and efficient payments

Almost no training required.

Pros

Makes patients making payments ease and super user friendly. Takes also no time to train someone.

Cons

On set up we included another location so we have to cross out the info for our other location from site #2. Outside of that makes our lives easier.

Sleekest POS

Pros

The software is very smart in a way that it recognizes if repeated transactions from the same card is made within a short period of time. This way, it prevents multiple charges for the same transaction.

Cons

From a user perspective, there wasn't any glitch I noticed with the software. The monthly fee could be a hindrance for some businesses wanting to adopt the software.

Easy, simple and effective

Very positive. It's ease of use makes it suitable for every demographic and It integrates well with our other systems like Shopify and Shopventory.

Pros

Since this system uses android OS so it follows a familiar mobile OS layout. The system is extremely easy to use. I repeat, EXTREMELY easy to use. So easy that the boomers in our company did find it too difficult to learn. It's large buttons and integrated barcode scanner makes transactions quick and smooth. It integrates with most common applications such as Quickbooks & Shopify. The option to search for products by typing the name is extremely useful. As one of our owners put it, "It's pretty hard to make a mistake on it, even for a caveman like me."

Cons

It's certainly not as advanced as other point of sales systems I've used in the past. Sometimes simple commands are buried in sub folders. For example, if you want to delete an entire order, you are required to push three dots at the top of the order, then select the "delete order" option from a list of commands. While simple is steps, the lack of clarity when while locating the the action can slow...

Not for Retailers

The problems come with the back office. The inventory system is basic to say the least, items sold at the till do decrease the totals, but all purchase quatities have to be done manually, you cannot set min and max stock levels, or re-order levels with the bundled system, so re-orders have to have a physical stock check, I am still trying to work out how this saves me time and money. Clover relies...

Pros

The till itself is fantastic, it looks ultra sleek and ultra modern, customers love it. And that is about it

Cons

It was sold to me as a solution to me retail needs it certainly is not

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

Pros

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores....

Cons

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

Too Simple without the Addition of Add-Ons

In our experience, clover has been nothing more than a fancy credit card reader. Our entire company runs through a third party app that manages clover from the other side. The only use clover has become to us is, to accept payment and we are currently looking into changing to a system that better suits our needs.

Pros

The aesthetic of the hardware fits on par with what is trending. The ability to utilize the barcode scanner is also nice.

Cons

In order to run our business effectively we had to download so many third party apps to do what we had been doing for 30 years on an outdated system. It felt like a slap in the face as it was a turning point for us to upgrade all the systems only to find it was nearly useless for what we needed it to continue doing for us.

Best platform out there for mobile payments

I have had nothing but positives with Clover. It has streamlined my company's credit card processing and actually brought customers in because I accept cards.

Pros

The app is extremely easy to use and simplifies my mobile payment processing. I have tried at least five other companies/apps and Clover is by far the best. From the very beginning of a payment to emailing the receipt, Clover is extremely smooth and user freindly.

Cons

It won't let me type my full company name.

Clover Pos

From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with...

Pros

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

Cons

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Great payment processing device

Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

Pros

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

Cons

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Clover for restaurants

Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Pros

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Cons

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Easy to use and a lot of features

My overall experience has been good with Clover. They do have a lot of features we love like invoicing clients directly to their email (it does not track your invoices but it has a pay now button where your client can free type their own information and their payment info is directly emailed to the main user). I also like the modern look of the equipment. I wish the banks and clover had a more direct with each other relationship instead of putting me in the middle.

Pros

I like the ease of using Clover. Our office has a clover mini that we pass back and forth to the client and we use the virtual terminal for clients who wish to pay over the phone for their telehealth services. Clover also has an invoicing feature that has helped us greatly during this pandemic.

Cons

The machines are costly and because we are on a contract changing your system as your business changes are not easily done. I am not sure if part of this is my bank but I am currently paying for a clover mini I am unable to transfer or switch. The communication between the bank and clover seems to be convoluted. I would make sure you choose a system that has the opportunity to change before 2 years.

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

Pros

The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders.

Cons

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Easy to Use and Competitive Rates

Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

Pros

What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

Cons

I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

Great POS for smaller businesses

Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

Pros

The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

Cons

I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

Clover is the lead merchant in 2021

I have had an incredibly positive experience with Clover. I have even called their support system before and the representatives were friendly and efficient. I spoke to a live representative rather quickly who was informed and able to help me. I would give this product a 10/10 easily.

Pros

I love the tap feature. During covid, our dental office has tried to take every precaution to limit the spread of covid-19. Clover has a tap feature so that our staff does not have to handle patient's credit cards which limits exposure. Many major debit and credit cards have this feature and users just do not know! Look for the symbol that has 4 lines on your card and try it sometime! It is very fast and effective! We are also able to email or text a receipt (in addition to printing) so that there is less "touching" and passing involved.

Cons

There is truly nothing that I dislike about this software. If I was forced to answer this question, maybe I could say that the swipe option sometimes needs to be run more than once because it does not read the swipe on the first try; however, 99% of cards use the chip insertion feature anyway!

Two thumbs up for Clover

I have very much enjoyed learning to use the Clover products. I would recommend these products for anyone.

Pros

Clover payment processing software is very easy to use. Our school takes payments daily with the desktop CloverMini, the easily portable CloverFlex and CloverGo. It is very easy to print out a combined report with the total that will be deposited, yet showing who ran the individual payments. You can also add notes to your transactions and email right from every machine. Super helpful!

Cons

Setting permissions for each person that uses the machines has been a challenge. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the set up, however, our CC service team is amazing and very knowledgeable. The only other thing that bothers me is that you can not void a transaction. Even if you void a transaction immediately, it still goes through and then refunds a day later.

Easiest and best POS System

Great system. The hardware is constantly being improved. The credit card rates are always the best!

Pros

Clover is easy to setup. I like the app market which allows me to select what features and extra functionality I need.

Cons

having to learn the interface takes a bit if you're not used to Android systems