Clover Reviews

3.65/5 (127 reviews)

David Faustina

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

Reviewed 2018-03-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

Sylvia Reynolds

Clover Pos

Reviewed 2017-02-24
Review Source: Software Advice

From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

Mitchell Panelli

The only reason it get a 1 star is because there is no lower ranking. Terrible customer service.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

noneFunctionality is ok but you have to pay for apps in order to do stuff which increases the price. User Friendly

Anonymous

Best POS system I've ever used. Its easy for an owner to set up, staff to use and clients to pay.

Reviewed 2018-07-12

I loved that it was easy for me to set it up and for the staff to use efficiently. It would even text, print or email the receipt to the client. As a business owner I also liked that I could print out my weekly earnings as well see it online. It is so easy to set up online and add (mostly) free apps to help run your business. We bought our clover but their is some places that will let you finance it. For the price of the system I found it worth the money because it saved me time and it was easy for the staff and the clients to use. Even when the internet would go out it would take payments and then process them once it came back on. It was easy for me to set up categories so the staff could check people out fast and didn't have to look for a item too long. This system definitely saves time

Shelby Young

Quick and easy to use and customizable.

Reviewed 2017-10-11

Ease of use. Simplicity. Very user friendly. I really like Clover because you start with a blank slate and customize it the way you want. The system has an app called Home base that keeps track of the time clock. We've had a couple minor problems with that here and there but overall it's great. Clover also has a market to purchase apps which is really cool. We've downloaded an app to reward our loyal customers. I also really like the swivel feature. When a customer gives you their card you can swivel the screen around to face them so they can sign. The system overall is a breeze and very easy to set up and use.

Carol Beard

Clover not a choice for retail, very misrepresented and pricey

Reviewed 2016-09-22
Review Source: Software Advice

There is absolutely nothing that I like about this product except maybe the appearance and not too bad adding in stock that is already in the system.

Mark Green

Customer Service, Where are you?

Reviewed 2017-06-07

I love that it's tablet based so it makes the learning curve really easy for myself and my employees. All the programs are operated as apps and the navigation is what you'd expect from an android device so even my Apple users have no problem navigating the system. The system has an integrated scale, that works really well for the type of transactions that we do on a daily basis. We have 2 of the units in our store and they are always communicating, so we can start the transaction on one system and finish it on another without having to start all over again. It's easy to find customer information and expedite their deliveries.

Calvin Heartly

Excellent POS company!!

Reviewed 2016-10-13

My partners and I decided on Brilliant POS after extensive research and are very happy with our decision. Having been in the restaurant industry for many years we were looking for a fresh new look that still had all the features as the old traditional POS systems. We found that with Brilliant POS and their Clover system was the perfect fit for our full service restaurant/bar and at a great price point. Simple for employees to learn and use software, great reporting to keep us aware of how the business is operating on a financial level as well as controlling our inventory and ordering onsite or from anywhere since Clover is cloud based, but still works if the internet goes out. Our Brilliant POS sales reps was knowledgeable and quick to respond before we decided to go with them and after the fact for setup process, installation, and training. 24/7 support answers quickly and I can send a request for a technician to call direct from the POS station and they always call right away. Brilliant POS made the process easy and helped us tackle hurdles along the way. There were a few hiccups, but they made it seem easier. Highly recommended.

Anonymous

Easy to use, perfect for small business.

Reviewed 2018-03-23

I like that clover has a pretty simple UI that is aesthetically pleasing. I know, its shallow, but lots of POS systems out there are horrible to look at! Clover is also very intuitive, there are lots of options, but you can sort of pick and choose how complicated you want your system to be.

Chanelle Poulin

Simple to use. Time is MONEY.

Reviewed 2018-03-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Highly recommend. I’m a small business owner and this system was very easy to implement in my office. This product is super simple to use. We use the Clover mini. With different people taking payments at different times of the day, it is really simple to track who took what payment. Each user gets a unique PIN that enables us to keep tract of who is doing what.

Scott Carver

Clover POS is NOT for retail

Reviewed 2017-06-02
Review Source: Software Advice

We own a boutique where we also offer screen printing and embroidery. The clover system was sold to us as full POS system. Not the case at all. We were all excited to get started with it. It looked modern, cool, and expectations were high. When we tried to ring up our first printing order of more than 100 pieces we found our first issue. The system will not allow sales of items with a quantity of more than 100. Not a good thing when we routinely sale t-shirt orders of more than 100 shirts. We either had to make up multiple skus, which made a receipt look terribly unprofessional or make an invoice on word. Then I wanted to run a report on inventory value. Not possible. You can export a report to excel but good luck with that. My wife and I have both called customer support. We were both told that when enough people complained about the same issue, they may look into a fix. Until then, nothing would change. This was after going through multiple customer service reps who didn't even understand what I was asking for help with. When asked if we could return the 2 POS systems we bought we were literally told "they're yours, you bought them, do what you want with them, you could try selling them on ebay". Needless to say, at this point, POS and Clover have a whole new meaning for us. Definitely not "Point of Sale" or "Lucky Clover". We're currently looking for another option, over a lot of frustration later.It looks nice, fairly easy to use. It's really hard for me to think of much good to say about it. When a POS won't run and inventory value report with totals and won't ring up items with quantities over 100, it's hard to find the Pros.

Alessandro Pellegrino

Payments easy way!

Reviewed 2018-08-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Good product! I use this product since 2 years and for small business it is very good specially to process payments easy way. You can manage different users and assign roles, see transactions, refunds, sales, reporting, among others.

Tory Stoebe

money hungry company

Reviewed 2017-07-13
Review Source: Software Advice

I purchased these clovers in full and was to have a one year warranty. but every time one didn't function right they charged me for every one they sent me in first year. didn't need key pads tried to send back and they kept wanting my scanners returned instead. had to take to BBBural to get money back for just one and they still owe me for the other. credit card service is way above other card swipe price. tried to talk to customer service talked to one high level rep. twice then they would not respond to my issues and that was before the BBB. it bad that you have to turn them in to BBB to get a response and they still never called me. something went wrong with my compliance last year and they were to have someone contact me to clear it up. again this year I tried to become compliant again there was a problem they were suppose to email me with solution to the fix 3 months ago I'm still waiting and they charge me 10.00 a month for being non-compliant. would you recommend this device if you hade these issues? Tried to switch bank accounts for the clover was told I couldn't do it had to pay 20.00 to put a block on account to force them to switch accounts. finally was contacted by Stephen the rep that sold me these devices yesterday 7/11/2017. he called out of the blue and not a response to these issues I am skeptical that any of these issues will be addresedQuick use of device when it functions has been better in last 6 months 111111111111111111111111111

Misty Fisher

Awesome

Reviewed 2017-02-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Fast easy cool design mobile devices ! It doesn't run off communication with other computers like our previous system, it runs alone , communicates via internet like an app, so this makes for no interruptions in device like previous system . If we had one computer down with old system it would stop business but this system runs smooth with one computer shit down or turned off , doesn't stop us !

Benjamin Robinson

Easy to use Point Of Service terminals. Great for business.

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Makes accepting credit cards easyNot locked in with a credit card prepossessing company. There are multiple ways to use the terminal. I use the Clover Go terminal, it accepts swipes, chips, self entry, and tap (ApplePay, etc) payments. The app is easy to use and there is a companion app for tracking various aspects of your business.

Michelle Greene

Easy to set up. Easy to use. Quick to get going from box to the sales floor.

Reviewed 2018-03-17

The system is scalable depending on business size. You don't need to be a large business to use this system. You are able to add additional features later on as your business grows.

Michael Pearl

Easy to use system from the time you plug it in. Has been reliable for use for almost 2 years.

Reviewed 2018-06-20

Instant and easy to use POS that anyone can learn in a matter of minutes. Easy to use with features that can improve inventory / customer efficiency / reordering. Software was very affordable as well.

Katarina Frtusova

Reviewed 2016-11-10
Review Source: Software Advice

We got Clover POS terminal for our diner. We added Clover mini and we took down old kitchen wheel and replaced it with printer connected to POS system. Could not be happier with our choice. System upgrades by itself with no extra charge. At the beginning we spent quite some time on the phone with support. I am proficient user of Aloha and system was new to us. eryone was very helpful. Tech team was able to log in with our permission into system and fix or adjust anything and everything we needed. Without additional chargers. Only thing we don't like about it is emloyees are able to open tables and access other functions without being clocked in. They r able as well access each others tables. We keep a close eye on the floor however with a larger operation I can see this being a sourse of problems. Tracking sales, number of items sold, average ticket size, accurate reporting is a breeze. Overall its a great system for the price we paid compared to other restaurant POS Systems out there. Very self explanatory. User friendly. Intuitive.

Tara DeWitt

Phone Repair Store's review of Clover

Reviewed 2016-06-22
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the way the Clover looks. Very sleek and modern. I am most impressed with the reporting features.

JONI PIPKIN

Perfect for our Business

Reviewed 2018-11-13
Review Source: Software Advice

The versatility that allows absolute customization with a wide variety of apps that are easily integrated.

Danyel Tatham

I am very happy

Reviewed 2018-12-18
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the fact that there are so many options and it able to be synced with so many things There are alot of options and it is just very easy to use

Chanelle Poulin

Happy for many years

Reviewed 2019-01-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I’ve been using Clover POS since I started my business a little over 2 years ago. 2 years later, I’m still super happy!

Matt O

Reporting inconsistent, support is minimal, labor scheduling is good.

Reviewed 2016-05-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Homebase app is excellent for labor scheduling. Homebase allows us to add new employees, build their roles and add availability for each employee. Then when our schedule is completed, we can text out each employees individual schedules to their cell phones.

Oswaldo Huz

BEST RESTAURANT SOFTWARE EVER. So simple and easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-11-01

Easy to use and merely inexpensive. So many features to audit and ensure max restaurant revenue. I LOVE the search feature so if you don't know where an item is located simply search it. beautiful receipt and most up to date technology compatibility.

Shirley Ammon

Could be better

Reviewed 2017-07-11
Review Source: Software Advice

The Clover station could be a whole lot more business friendly if they would act on in-put from the user. Also, I would like to use some of the 3rd party apps they have available, but at this point am not willing to pay additional fees for a POS, there are enough fees for a business owner as is.I like the ability to go on line and see real time what my sales are, by category and server and the ability to print reports.