Timely Logo
Timely

Timely. The booking software that keeps clients coming back.

visit website

Timely Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.04/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I've experimented with quite a few apps and scheduling software over the years and I've just stared using Timely and its great. The ease of use and options are great.
Whenever I have emailed for support, the reply is speedy and I have always gotten a resolution. Affordable, user friendly, customizable, and overall a great choice.
The sms reminders are great and my customers love them. Having job locations populate with one click is also great.
I would get myself into such a mess that I would occasionally double book myself, or forget to write an appointment in and sometimes write the appointment on the wrong date.
Everything transferred to a public vote to actually get attention and get into action, takes forever. Other then that, was charged by mistake and got credit instead of my money back.
After searching for months and finding nothing but limited and ridiculous expensive booking system software i stumbled across timley.

great to manage appoiments

Pros

Works great! Ease of use is amazing! Even my assistant caught on easily!

Cons

I can't think of anything I dont like about this software.

PB

Pos B.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Changed from MINDBODY to TIMELY

Daily salon life is just easier with TIMELY. TIMELY does everything the larger brands do but at a tenth of the price. Daily, monthly and yearly salon management is a breeze with TIMELY. Clients love the ease of online booking. No need to download buggy apps. Clients are loving the reminder sms. I was a long term MINDBODY user and can't believe I stayed so long using an over priced buggy system because I just didn't know TIMELY existed. Best business decision I've made in the last 5 years is making the change to TIMELY.

Pros

After the most recent price hike from MINDBODY I had no choice but to search an alternative. It appeared as if no-one on the market had it all until I found TIMELY. I was going on holiday and had 10 days to have the change over taken care of. The TIMELY team did a flawless transition. Smooth, simple, effective changeover. The follow-up support has been spectacular. I was happy with MINDBODY to...

Cons

Only available in English. Not all pages are phone screen optimised. No telephone contact available with tech support.... Sometime emails just suck!

KS

Kate S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Small business

It's very clunky. Even ticking off attendance is clunky. I now have two devices on the go, my phone for ticking off & my iPad for note taking. Otherwise I waste my client's time with the formalities.

Pros

Once you get into it the presentation is clear.

Cons

Multiple bookings still can't happen. We got around it by selling vouchers. Took a while for clients to twig that they needed to buy vouchers for themselves (normally one buys a voucher as a gift for someone else) even though we put big discounts on them. Creating invoices still can't happen without creating a "product." I have to use a different app for invoices.

BF

Ben F.

1-10 employees

Timely has organised our Pet care business immaculately!

We used to manage our customer appointments using a written diary, however at the rate our business has scaled in 12 months, this was simply not an effective solution. Following extensive research into finding the best cloud solution for our pet care business, Timely provided the most customisable yet simplistic solution that ticked all the boxes I needed ticking. Managing customer appointments is so simple and extremely effective in minimising customers no shows with Timely's reliable customer reminders. We have booked over 2000 appointments in the past 12 months without a single hitch. Were extremely please with how this integrates so well with our operations.

Pros

Ease of use for appointment scheduling, Customer notifications have saved us a lot of customer no shows, The Dashboard is very useful for a snapshot of daily weekly, monthly sales data. Ability to log in from anywhere is great. Invoicing is also very easy.

Cons

The IOS mobile app need further development to allow a number of simple tasks, i.e. notifications, deletion of appointment permanently, ability to view sales and customer information. Development needs more focus, I dont believe I've seen any functional updates since release.

PW

Peter W.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Organize your diary with ease!

Pros

Very easy to use and train new users on. Intuitive dashboard and very clear user interface. Timely has been optimized very well for mobile use, enabling us and our users to use this out-and-about. The customization options of the widget and mini-site are great, and work well with lots of our systems. The ability to send communications via SMS is very helpful, though not clear when initially purchased.

Cons

The lack of language support really isn't great, especially at an organization with lots of international users (non-English speaking). It wasn't particularly clear when we first purchased Timely that the ability to send SMS's wasn't part of the original plan, and had to purchase separately.

Julie-Anne E.

Accounting,

Super simple to use and clients love it

It has been a game changer for our business in terms of managing my client servicing calendar. We're also the only accountant in our region with online booking capability - so it's also helped us to differentiate ourselves from our competitors.

Pros

My clients love that they can book online the type of service they need from our Professional Services practice and that they get a text message reminder. I love how it has streamlined our business and helped us manage appointments - with automated buffer time for just in case a meeting runs over time.

Cons

Having too many options for online appointments is confusing for clients. I'd love it if we were able to have different booking 'landing pages' for different service groups.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Extremely User Friendly

Very easy to use, makes calculations for you, extremely clean GUI

Pros

Clean Graphical User Interface Super easy to use buttons and drag and drop events

Cons

I love that you can integrate other apps, but would be better if there were more possibilities

Sports, 1-10 employees

Excellent alternative to Mindbody

Pros

For those who have used mindbody before but it has become too expensive, this software can do just as much!! I love the feautres and ease of use of resources

Cons

Customer support is primarily via email. That’s not very good but st least they tend to reply in a timely manner

Consumer Services, 501-1,000 employees

What did I do without Timely!

Pros

Was able to improve timesheet accuracy, project profitability, and team performance. It is available on almost every device, including apple watch!

Cons

It has the ability to do a lot more I think, but it is incredible so far.

Online booking made easy

Pros

Online booking is really easy with this app, it helps you set up and schedule your appointment, it looks good and works fine

Cons

You can't copy and paste the shifts, that's a bummer, and it can be messy when more than one person is using the tool

GR

Gordon R.

Self-employed

not there yet guys!

I've used timely for a while, fantastic until you discover another system, I was happy with Timely until my wee map icon would not take me to Google (app) maps a bit of a bugger when you're a mobile service provider and need fast easy effective solutions, today I just discovered the solution to my problem, that's after asking Timely customer service for help, got the stock standard replies plus all...

Pros

easy to set up and use

Cons

lacks functionality

SP

Sarah P.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

I've been using Timely for almost a year now and it has made a huge difference to my business.

It has given my small business a much more professional image and allowed for me to easily take payment by credit card. The invoicing system has helped with record keeping as well as being professional. Reporting tools are also really useful. Has helped to make it easier for new clients to get in touch with me and made making an appointment with me so much easier. It also saves me time.

Pros

It has made life so much easier for me and my clients and has helped to give my business a much more professional feel. It's very easy and logical to use and to amend and add to. The linked invoice system is excellent and again helps a small business to give a professional feel. It has also easily allowed me to add in extras like package deals and to invoice for products that I sell. The help is good...

Cons

There's not much I don't like. I've had some issue with the appointment confirmations and reminders going straight to junk folders instead of inboxes which is a bit of a pain. If I've booked in a new client myself, and then the next appointment they do it, I end up with two client profiles which is also a bit of a pain. However there is a 'merge client' option which deals with this quite easily.

NY

Nicole Y.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Easy and efficient

My best friend told me about Timely and how it was perfect for her business and urged me to give it a go. I was hesitant at first but after seeing that I could try it for free for a month, I thought sure why not! I loved it instantly. So easy to use and it does everything I need it to do on the desktop version. I have synced Mailchimp and Paypal. So every time I get a new client it automatically...

Pros

How easy it is to use, the syncing of other programs and the cost.

Cons

It doesn't have all of the features on the iPhone App version. I travel for work and don't carry my MacBook with me. I always carry my iPhone and use that for seeing and rebooking my clients.

JS

Jennily S.

Cosmetics, self-employed

EASY SOFTWARE FOR BEGINNERS

Pros

The thing I loved the most is that Timely will provide an invoice for tax purposes and to send to customers if need be. Setting up in general was fun and easy, definitely cut my time down in half.

Cons

I would love Timely even more if I could add pictures of my work under my services when are booking so they know exactly what to book. I also wish the add ons didn’t have to be in a separate category and was listed under the service for easy add on.

Hi Jennily, Thanks for your review! So pleased to hear you're loving Timely, and those are some great ideas too! As you know we're always looking for ways to make software even better, I'll pass along your suggestions to our product team :)

KC

Kelly C.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Timely, its almost Perfect

Several online booking payment acceptance POS to some degree

Pros

This is a great software for anyone taking bookings & running a business. It is super easy to use, the customer support is very good. The price point is in line with the services it DOES offer. Online booking with a system that allows you full control on how to run your business & accept payment online. There are very few comparisons to what this software offers.

Cons

I am sad that they still do not have a built in loyalty program, its really the only thing its missing for my needs. I have been hoping for the last 3 years they would get one but nothing as of yet. They have made strides in many other areas, this would be such a bonus for me if they would implement that.

JE

Jasmine E.

11-50 employees

Social Health Association Review

It is a little time consuming for our purposes. It is easy to adjust most of time. It would be great to have a sort feature in the reports on just customer with future appointment status for quick access. It would really help out a great deal when I need to put together a quick report but have to search for all of these individually because I cannot look up the report for it. As a user, we have the option to create reasons why an appointment was not completed so I would really appreciate being able to go to reports, scroll down to customers, and search for the status of the appointments for that customer or all customers.

Pros

I can color coordinate appointments.

Cons

There are not enough colors to code different kinds of appointments. There is no way to archive appointments for customers that occurred a year ago from their customer page.

KF

Kyla F.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

I haven't looked back

I have saved myself a lot of money since changing to an online service provider. I am really happy with the rapid response to questions or any problems I may have through the email service. It's great that things are simple to use not over complicated.

Pros

What I like most is the easy access to all my bookings etc whether I be at work at home or out having a coffee.

Cons

Not sure whether its my computer being older or internet connection sometimes I find the selection you make e.g. service you have chosen wont appear and you have to re click it a couple of times before it will select. I think there was also something with the voucher set up when some body buys a voucher it would be good if there were some kind of tracking or code for every voucher sold as we manually keep track with expiry dates and voucher numbers in a book.

LM

Liz M.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing System Affordable and Efficient

It took me over 12 months to decide on a system after looking at the pros and cons of many systems. I decided on TIMELY and have not looked back. As a specialize service that provides Cosmetic Tattooing, Beauty Services and Cosmetic Tattoo Training (sometimes throughout Australia), we needed a system that could allow us to book in treatments and groups, but also model appointments for the students learning Cosmetic Tattooing, on the same day. We have been incredibly happy with our choice and would recommend TIMELY to other salons. The system is really easy to work and easy to add extra staff as you expand. The TIMELY staff are very helpful and they are constantly looking to improve the system. I have no hesitation in recommending TIMELY, my only problem is I didn't start sooner.

Pros

easy to use,

Cons

Doesn't allow for fortnightly rosters.

CB

Charlotte B.

Love TIMELY

Since switching to TIMELY I have been able to manage bookings for my business centrally. The reminder emails and Texts to customers help us minimise no shows and provide this value add consistently. Our busy customers welcome our reminders. We are not using all of the TIMELY features and have chosen to manage our accounts via MYOB separately even though these 2 providers can be linked. We get more detailed information from MYOB directly. The features of TIMELY are constantly evolving and improving. I am looking forward to seeing the review feature, where customers can leave a review. TIMELY's support is excellent and we always get a quick reply whenever we need help.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

I would like better integration with my MYOB software -Timely dumps sales into one account in MYOB but not a number of accounts to link sales to so you can't keep track of what areas of the business and what locations monthly sales are from. I have different locations and this info is vital so I can analyse profitability across my business.

RD

Rebecca D.

Timely software review

I'm loving my experience with Timely. It does everything I need it to pretty much. I gave it 4 out of 5 for features & functionality as there is always room for improvement with everything. I do wish I could phone for support sometimes but they really are so fast at getting back to me via email that it doesn't seem to be a problem. Definitely love it for the cost of the program which is the main selling...

RF

Robin F.

Brilliant!

Marketing and customer service benefits increasing revenue

Pros

Easy to use. Good value for money. No clunky or overly restrictive technology. Updated to keep up with marketing innovations and requirements.

Cons

Needs more versatility in customer notifications like more filters to select different email domain recipients. Because gmail email users can leave google reviews whereas if you don't have google account you can't so being able to target these customers to get reviews would be powerful. Also being able to add more than one add a button linking to a site of your choosing so you could have Facebook, Yell & Yelp for example

EA

Emily A.

Retail, self-employed

Timely is the best

I was worried at the beginning about switching from my paper diary to online however I knew that finding the right system for me would work wonders for my business. I trailed a few different ones for a month and decided that timely was the easiest to use. It was very important to me to choose a system with an easy to use online booking system to make it as easy as possible for my clients of all ages and I without a doubt preferred timely the best. My clients are always telling me how clever my system is and that they love how easy the online booking is to use. When ever I have had a problem and needed to speak to someone for support, 9/10 times I get a reply pretty much instantly and the staff are very very helpful.

Pros

Extremely easy for myself and my clients to use.

Cons

There isint anything that I don't like.

RG

Renata G.

1-10 employees

One of the best

I have been using Timely for a few months and it has been a great experience. I love how reliable it is on a daily basis.

Pros

The best parts of the timely software are easy online booking/rescheduling, customer profiles, product sales features, and service sales reports.

Cons

I wish Timely had a feature to program different time slots on different days. Maybe there is a way and I just haven't figured it out yet. The app also needs some work. It should have the same features (especially "Customer" tab) as the desktop site. It would be awesome to also have a feature for clients to go online and see when their appointments are, rather than contacting the salon/stylist.

LB

Lisa B.

Timely allows me to run my business in an efficient, organised and cost effective manner.

Pros

It is vey reliable and new features are always being added and updated. It is extremely easy to use and the support staff are always accessible. The Timely Blog is always full of relevant , interesting content.

Cons

Having used Timely for close to three years, there is nothing I dislike. Admittedly, I run a very small business with basic requirements.

AW

Aaron W.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

It is a nice and easy to use software. I have tried so mang booking software, this is the best.

It made my job much easier, much organised and much productive.

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to use. Every booking is very easy to adjust if something changed. Also the billing method is cheap and reasonable comparing to some other kind of software which charge customers based on their revenue. I also love that it ability to link with many third party services like Google, Quickbook and etc.

Cons

At the moment it cannot make the recurrence class copied with customers in it. Also sometimes the syncing with quickbook has some problems.