Timely Logo

Timely

Timely. The booking software that keeps clients coming back.

Timely Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.88/10

Reviews by rating

I've experimented with quite a few apps and scheduling software over the years and I've just stared using Timely and its great. The ease of use and options are great.
Whenever I have emailed for support, the reply is speedy and I have always gotten a resolution. Affordable, user friendly, customizable, and overall a great choice.
The sms reminders are great and my customers love them. Having job locations populate with one click is also great.
I would get myself into such a mess that I would occasionally double book myself, or forget to write an appointment in and sometimes write the appointment on the wrong date.
Everything transferred to a public vote to actually get attention and get into action, takes forever. Other then that, was charged by mistake and got credit instead of my money back.
After searching for months and finding nothing but limited and ridiculous expensive booking system software i stumbled across timley.

Laurence S.

Dean

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Timely Review: Relevant and easy to use!

Transcript

Laurence: I am Laurence, a marriage and family therapist, and I give Timely a four. I have been using...

Shrina K.

Clinic owner

CRM System for Small Salon Owners

Transcript

Shrina: Hi, I'm Shrina. I'm the owner of Dynamic Beauty and we help people feel confident in their own...

Janelle M.

Great customer service, flexible plans to suit all our needs

Access 24/7 from wherever we are. Payments from our clients at all hours of the day as they book their appointments online.

Pros

The simplicity, it's easy to use and understand. No staff trainer required to use it, self explanatory. Easy to review calendar. Easy access from computer, devices or phones anywhere.

Cons

It doesn't do a cash daily reconciliation or detailed breakdown of what is coming in each day. A few more email options to personalise follow ups with clients and rebooking reminder emails. It would be better if there were more fields we could fill in for each client and personalise them according to what we need to know about them.

AM

Alana M.

Lans Artistry

Good system to use. Price is the only thing that I feel somewhat dissatisfied with, there are already so many additional costs for a small business and this is just one of many systems I need to use.

Pros

It is user friendly, has a nice interface and a lot of useful features

Cons

I find the marketing link to mailchimp isn’t as user friendly and that I need to just manage my email marketing in mail chimp directly. I found it difficult to transfer my mailing list over. Cost increase between 1 and 2 users is nearly double which is quite significant for a small business and other systems do not charge as much for additional users.

CD

Carmen D.

Program needs work and better customer service

Timely is definitely beautiful and effortless. It is one of the better salon software programs I have come across in my 15 years in this industry however, if you live in Canada/United States this is not the software for you. It does not separate taxes on reports so you can never distinguish between your GST and your PST. Also, it does not offer the tip option and as tips are a massive part of the service...

Cons

Hi Carmen, thanks for your feedback - it's great to hear you found Timely to be one of the best. We're sorry it didn't quite fit your needs. We are constantly adding new features and there's lots more to come. Apologies also for a slow reply, it looks like it took 30 hours for us to respond to your request. This is certainly slower than normal, and replying within 10 hours is something we work hard...

MO

Melissa O.

Retail, 1-10 employees

What i like and don't like about Timely

Pros

Its easy to navigate around The colour coding is good The reports are great

Cons

I would like to have multi bookings for the same app be able to be put through on a recurring app. And also, when their next app comes up after finishing their payment, I would like to be able to click on their next app and be taken to the calendar at this point. I would like to be able to write notes in their appointment on the calendar.

RC

Rebecca C.

Have been working with Timely for over 6 years

They are great to deal with, overall would definitely recommend them as a salon software company.

Pros

For someone who isn’t very technologically savvy, overall the system is easy to use, looks neat and tidy and has some great features to help keep track of the financials. The support is great but I am on the highest tier of payment so I’d definitely expect that.

Cons

A couple of the features seem to be better in theory than practice but a phone call to the help desk usually helps work out how fix a problem. However, Timely are great at taking feedback when something could be done better from a working point of view. The transaction fee for online bookings and stored credit cards is high which is not favourable. I don’t know the overall costings of other software companies but I wouldn’t say what I pay monthly is ‘average’ from talking to other business owners but I s’pose you pay for what you get.

AH

Amber H.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Brilliant but… A few small changes

Honestly love timely so much. It is so quick and efficient and has all the information I need within easy reach

Pros

I love everything about timely. I find it so easy to use, so easy to navigate. I use it every single day. My clients also find it super easy to book using the online booking feature. I take payments using an external add on and it all works seamlessly

Cons

I have a couple of things I would love if timely could improve on. 1. I need a function to be able to open my online booking to a certain date. For example I want to be able to open it to the last day of September. At the minute I can only open it X weeks or X months in advance. 2. On my iPad I have a button to quickly take me back to todays date which is great. But the iPhone app is missing a button like that. I find this a time consuming process to track back to todays date during an appointment when I’m trying to see how much of a deposit someone has paid me With these two improvements I think timely would be much more user friendly & I honestly think it would be seedless

SG

SamanthaJane G.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Make life easier

Its a definite time saver with booking, i love the reoccurrence appointment feature. easy communication with the team and always explained things so I understand lots of great tutorials too

Pros

without a doubt booking online feature is a game changer I've been in the industry 24 years & was concerned about going digital but it definitely has increased bookings

Cons

sometimes there's little glitches when selling gift vouchers, and the fact if you email one to someone it put the purchasers full name, which can make the voucher a bit impersonal

Jose C.

Internet, self-employed

The revolution of my business

The ability to send automatic reminders to my clients has greatly improved timeliness and reduced last minute cancellations. Also, the service and product recommendation feature has helped increase my income by offering personalized suggestions to my customers.

Pros

I can't believe how it has revolutionized my business! What I like the most is its magnificent and customizable calendar. It's so easy to use and puts me in complete control of the customer experience! I no longer have to deal with those old paper booking methods, everything is digitized and impeccably organized!

Cons

My least favorite thing is that it can be a bit tricky to set up at times. Being a low-tech person, it took me a bit of time to understand all the features and customize the software to my specific needs.

Juan B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

My business thrives and my customers keep coming back

My overall experience has been excellent. From the moment I started using it, I realized how easy it was to use and how intuitive it was. The calendar is very clear and customizable, which allows me to organize and schedule appointments efficiently.

Pros

What I like the most is its ease of use and customer-centric approach. With its beautiful customizable calendar, I am able to manage and schedule my clients' appointments quickly and efficiently. I also love the automatic appointment reminders feature.

Cons

I don't have many complaints. However, one small improvement I could suggest is the option to further customize the appearance and layout of the calendar. Although the calendar is incredibly functional and easy to use, I would like more customization options to further tailor it.

Bradley F.

Hospitality, self-employed

Great for allowing clients to book in with you!

Pros

Awesome tool for letting clients book in with you automated.

Cons

Little costly but on the whole does a good job

JH

Jason H.

Simply brilliant!

Where to start? There are just so many pro's to Timely it will be a struggle to keep this short! We at Body Image Beauty recognise that the appointment book is central to our salons smooth running. We searched endlessly for a solution that would fulfil the needs of operating multiple salons without the cost, technical issues and re-worked solutions we had previously encountered. Our requirements were...

Cons

Thank you for your great review, Jason! We¿re really glad to hear that you and your staff are making such fantastic use of our software. We really appreciate the time you've put in to share your experience with us :-)

SP

Sarah P.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

I've been using Timely for almost a year now and it has made a huge difference to my business.

It has given my small business a much more professional image and allowed for me to easily take payment by credit card. The invoicing system has helped with record keeping as well as being professional. Reporting tools are also really useful. Has helped to make it easier for new clients to get in touch with me and made making an appointment with me so much easier. It also saves me time.

Pros

It has made life so much easier for me and my clients and has helped to give my business a much more professional feel. It's very easy and logical to use and to amend and add to. The linked invoice system is excellent and again helps a small business to give a professional feel. It has also easily allowed me to add in extras like package deals and to invoice for products that I sell. The help is good...

Cons

There's not much I don't like. I've had some issue with the appointment confirmations and reminders going straight to junk folders instead of inboxes which is a bit of a pain. If I've booked in a new client myself, and then the next appointment they do it, I end up with two client profiles which is also a bit of a pain. However there is a 'merge client' option which deals with this quite easily.

KM

Kelly M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Overall experience is good, it doesn’t seem to lag or not function semi often.

Pros

The integration is easy, customer service is great

Cons

It’s not as customisable as I would like, it was be great to be able to make certain times of the day only bookable for vip clients and also have an add on section that pops up to prompt clients to add on an extra treatment etc

JC

Josie C.

Timely

Pros

Ease of calendar and booking system..

Cons

Reports are not clear and precise. Too expensive if want to add another column for led lounge. No room allocation.

AE

Alana E.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, great customer support!

Without Timely, I couldn't have expanded my business as much as I have. It brings a new level of organization to us that has allowed us to add more services, practitioners, and booking options. It's so nice for my practitioners to be able to log in and see their schedule ahead of time to be able to plan their day. It also makes it much easier for me to schedule our support staff when I can see the full schedule in one place and see when I need the extra help. The online booking feature has noticeably increased business and has also led to regular clients booking more frequently. I'm very grateful for this software and everything it allows us to do!

Pros

Timely has streamlined so many aspects of my business, I can't imagine life without it! It's straightforward to use, and presents important information in a way that's super easy to understand.

Cons

Just little things. I wish I could select which users want email notifications when someone books with them without everyone having to receive emails. Little things like that, but I know it's a still a relatively new product and I've been impressed with how diligent Timely is with updating and improving.

MC

Michael C.

Delivers brilliantly for this driving school

Been working with Timely for nearly a year. From startup. I was looking for a software partner that would place me quickly in the market, and out in front of the competition. Timely has delivered all the way. I love the way that Timely automates customer bookings. Customers from my website or Facebook page can schedule a time that suits them and their favourite trainer, All I have to do is make...

AL

Amber L.

1-10 employees

Your Clients Will Love This Software!

I started out signing up with many other companies that offered the 30 day trials that Forb's Magazine selected as there top software companies for online booking systems. Out of all of the systems I had used Timely was by far for the money the easiest to navigate. Another wonderful aspect that I appreciated was when I had a question the tech support was quick at answering all of my questions, along...

Pros

How easy it is to navigate for us and our clients. Tech support. Clients Love this system! The email and text confirmations.

Cons

We would really appreciate having individuals staff members be able to set there own times for each service just as the can for there hours. We all don't work at the same pace depending on how experienced we are in our craft so to have everyone working on the same timeline makes it hard for the new stylists coming in.

OG

Oliver G.

Timely is Likely What You're Looking For

I've been using Timely for about a year now and I've been very satisfied with what it offers for the (absolutely reasonable) amount of money that I pay each month. What I like most about Timely is its ease of use coupled with clean and beautiful design. The team behind the app has obviously gone to great lengths to make sure the UI is top notch. For the market Timely goes after I can't name any...

SA

Sophie A.

Great experience

Great prices for a great software

Pros

How simple it is to use. That i receive emails when clients have booked. The reports are easy to read and show plenty of information

Cons

I would like some more features, like loyalty programs, a few more reports, For clients to see their appointments when they log into timely so they don't need to call us and check what time is it. I know it is in their first email but many clients delete this. It also sometimes won't let us delete treatments in the editing area. It would be cool to have a customized pop up botton that could pop up near the end of sale ie. have they got their waxing gloves, to remind us to. tell about the promotion we have.

EH

Eleanor H.

Not worth the extra now

I used to think it was great and was the best out there.This recent price rise when I'm not using all the functions of the system has me looking at other options.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use now that I know how to work it.

Cons

The recent price rise has me looking at Fresha.It's almost impossible to change the emails and texts that go out automatically

SP

Sangita P.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Functional, easy to use and affordable

Timely offers all the functionality and quality of other scheduling software programs for half the price. Timely is simple, easy to use and beautifully designed. Timely is easy to navigate even for folks like me with very little scheduling software experience. I would suggest Timely to anyone looking for a simple, easy to use, fully functional and affordable way to organize and streamline their scheduling process.

Pros

It is simple, beautifully designed, easy to use and has all the features of more expensive software programs. The phone app is also very easy to use and navigate. I use it almost daily to check my appointments and make changes to my schedule. I am so happy I found Timely!

Cons

I would like to be able to offer certain services on certain days only through the online scheduler integrated into my website.

SH

Steve H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Decided to double the price of their product for no reason

Average. I hind sight should have used another provider that don't keep making annoying changes and massively hike their prices

Pros

Ease of use and functionality and a fair price

Cons

Change the layout and look without informing customers (making it look and function worse). The company has also decided to double the cost of their product as it has new functionality (that I've been using for nearly 4 years) and the sales pitch is that you get SMS credits as part of the packages, however the credits are like a phone contact - paying for loads that you either don't need or won'r use.

BL

Brian L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

FINALLY found the one after years of switching services

Pros

This has a robust feature set and excellent usability on both client and professional side. Too many online booking systems are cloned copies of one another and lack basic (and obvious) features needed to actually operate a business from. This one stands alongside giants like MindBody and Milano and trumps them in many ways, especially for the cost. Smaller to medium businesses will find this the perfect fit.

Cons

Some of the ui features could use refining (mostly availability of functions like client notes while in mobile mode, where you currently must switch to desktop mode to access effectively), but they have consistently rolled out improvements over the year+ I've been with them.

MS

Mitchell S.

Timely makes running my business so easy. Thank goodness for Timely!

I stumbled upon a recommendation of Timely on a forum. At the time, all I was looking for an easy way to implement a calendar system on my business's website. I signed up for the free trial and was delighted to discover that Timely could also take care of just about every other aspect of my business - online bookings, sending confirmation emails, managing payments and invoicing, reports and email marketing....

DM

Dee M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Game Changer

Pros

Would hands down bleed timely! Ease of use, log in from anywhere, online bookings, value for money.

Cons

reoccurring multiple treatments, sms templates, more colour options for different treatments