Timely Reviews

Timely

Booking Software for Hair, Beauty & Wellbeing Professionals

Timely

Review Summary

Pros

I am very happy with the decision to go with Timely for my appointment software, It is so easy to use. I love the integrated web booking site , and so do my clients.

Karen M.

Love how Timely is always growing and offering you new additions with no extra cost. Very impressive, will continue to recommend Timely to whoever listens.

Joanna T.

I had a feeling that besides doing my regular work I still had to write something down. But I am pretty sure that other freelancers or bigger companies might be thrilled about this.

Frantisek V.

Cons

Change the layout and look without informing customers (making it look and function worse).

Steve H.

You can't copy and paste the shifts, that's a bummer, and it can be messy when more than one person is using the tool.

M a very busy stylist/mother. After I had my children I had to cut a few budgets, and my salon software was one of them.

Rochelle S.

Great customer service, flexible plans to suit all our needs

Access 24/7 from wherever we are. Payments from our clients at all hours of the day as they book their appointments online.

Pros

The simplicity, it's easy to use and understand. No staff trainer required to use it, self explanatory. Easy to review calendar. Easy access from computer, devices or phones anywhere.

Cons

It doesn't do a cash daily reconciliation or detailed breakdown of what is coming in each day. A few more email options to personalise follow ups with clients and rebooking reminder emails. It would be better if there were more fields we could fill in for each client and personalise them according to what we need to know about them.

Spa Scheduling Software

Overall, I had a good experience with Timely and would be open to using the software again. However, I will most likely be shopping around to find a more effective software and maybe a cheaper one as well.

Pros

I used this software as an employee at a spa that I worked for, for almost 2 years. I had a good experience with Timely and enjoyed most of its features. The most beneficial aspect of Timely is getting notifications about appointments made through Timely. Communication is key for a small business with a number of employees, Timely allowed management to bypass certain communications by utilizing Timely.

Cons

I didn't like all the content, options, and other features Timely offered. It was honestly very overwhelming trying to learn every aspect of Timely. I understand, having options is beneficial, but sometimes being simple is better. I was instructed by management to learn the software inside and out and it took quite a while to wrap my head around all the things Timely did and offered.

Hi Jacob, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Timely. I'm pleased that you enjoyed using our software and that we could help you communicate with your clients more effectively. I can imagine being tasked with learning our whole system could take some time; we try to build features that are really flexible to meet our customer's needs but that can add some complexities. We're always working to make things easier for our users though and have been running some projects to improve and simplify our core user flows. I hope you'll give us another look if you're ever in the market for scheduling software again :)

I don't even know where to start!

It should work well for a single person operator looking for basic scheduling/tracking of appointments but if you've got a multiple staff and lots of products, definitely consider other options first. Timely has a lot of growing to do and at the current rate, it's going to be a very long growth!

Pros

The support team is fantastic and the application itself 'looks' great. Looks are very deceiving though. The most basic functions work well. Beyond that, there are plenty of issues, including lots of unfinished features.

Cons

Far too many features are left unfinished. Every time something new is released I'm left somewhat shocked how basic functionality that could complete the feature is left out. Even Stock Management is tedious and unituitve. Something basic like not being able to make recurring appointments that have more than 1 service. Limited to a total of 160 characters for SMS. Sales Reports report incorrect/misleading...

EASY SOFTWARE FOR BEGINNERS

Pros

The thing I loved the most is that Timely will provide an invoice for tax purposes and to send to customers if need be. Setting up in general was fun and easy, definitely cut my time down in half.

Cons

I would love Timely even more if I could add pictures of my work under my services when are booking so they know exactly what to book. I also wish the add ons didn’t have to be in a separate category and was listed under the service for easy add on.

Hi Jennily, Thanks for your review! So pleased to hear you're loving Timely, and those are some great ideas too! As you know we're always looking for ways to make software even better, I'll pass along your suggestions to our product team :)

Fantastic online booking system for sole practitioners

Client bookings continue to increase. Many new clients will choose me over another business because they can book online. I can easily see my financial situation for preparing tax statements. It's affordable, effective and easy to use.

Pros

The best and most important advantage for using this software is the ease it provides for my clients booking themselves in online. I get great feedback from clients.

Cons

I often miss messages so maybe a pop up notification would be helpful.

Very good scheduling software

Pros

email campaign generation, easy to use, keeps a data base for contacts, can be customized,

Cons

There is an additional cost to associated with the amount of staff that you have. The more staff, the more the cost.

Excellent Experience

Pros

Easy to schedule & track appointment. You can get a complete overview of your day/week/monthly reports from the dashboard. Been using for internal meetings. You can manage everything for mobile apps.

Cons

Smartphone apps lack in UI & performance.

Very user friendly

Pros

Timely is very simple and easy to use. There are reminders and other custom features to meet your needs. It helps tremendously!

Cons

Sometimes it can run slow or freeze but I have rarely had this issue. Most times the software runs smooth.

Beautiful app that is also functional

It's a great app that does the job. It's not overly complicated and is very well-designed.

Pros

The design really is quite attractive for an alarm and reminder app. It's pleasing to look at. Fortunately, it's also easy to use!

Cons

I wish it had a floating timer option so that I could still see the time while looking at other apps. This app is very good, though.

Hi Lisa, Glad you're enjoying Timely, but it sounds like you've been using Timely Time Tracking https://www.capterra.co.nz/software/131584/timely Thanks very much!

Light weight scheduling solution

Pros

Easy to implement & manage. You can schedule meetings appointments very quickly. The user will receive notification in less than a minute. The dashboard is great for overviewing data.

Cons

Smartphone apps are not up to the mark but serve the purpose.

This is the closest to perfect I have found in scheduling software for hair salons.

Pros

The absolute best part of this software, that sooooo many companies are missing, is the ability to set up your appointments for double-booking/power-booking/piggy-back appointments. Whatever you want to label the method of scheduling, it is a method that almost every single successful hair stylist uses so we can take an appointment during the time that hair color is processing. These guys also make...

Cons

There isn't anything that I "dislike" about the software. There are a couple of things that should be implemented that are a bit mind-boggling as to why they are not already. Such as tips... That is probably the most annoying thing I have found. You have to create a product named "Tip" and add it every time that your customer tips you, which is every single sale. It's not a huge problem when you are...

Changed from MINDBODY to TIMELY

Daily salon life is just easier with TIMELY. TIMELY does everything the larger brands do but at a tenth of the price. Daily, monthly and yearly salon management is a breeze with TIMELY. Clients love the ease of online booking. No need to download buggy apps. Clients are loving the reminder sms. I was a long term MINDBODY user and can't believe I stayed so long using an over priced buggy system because I just didn't know TIMELY existed. Best business decision I've made in the last 5 years is making the change to TIMELY.

Pros

After the most recent price hike from MINDBODY I had no choice but to search an alternative. It appeared as if no-one on the market had it all until I found TIMELY. I was going on holiday and had 10 days to have the change over taken care of. The TIMELY team did a flawless transition. Smooth, simple, effective changeover. The follow-up support has been spectacular. I was happy with MINDBODY to...

Cons

Only available in English. Not all pages are phone screen optimised. No telephone contact available with tech support.... Sometime emails just suck!

Timely has organised our Pet care business immaculately!

We used to manage our customer appointments using a written diary, however at the rate our business has scaled in 12 months, this was simply not an effective solution. Following extensive research into finding the best cloud solution for our pet care business, Timely provided the most customisable yet simplistic solution that ticked all the boxes I needed ticking. Managing customer appointments is so simple and extremely effective in minimising customers no shows with Timely's reliable customer reminders. We have booked over 2000 appointments in the past 12 months without a single hitch. Were extremely please with how this integrates so well with our operations.

Pros

Ease of use for appointment scheduling, Customer notifications have saved us a lot of customer no shows, The Dashboard is very useful for a snapshot of daily weekly, monthly sales data. Ability to log in from anywhere is great. Invoicing is also very easy.

Cons

The IOS mobile app need further development to allow a number of simple tasks, i.e. notifications, deletion of appointment permanently, ability to view sales and customer information. Development needs more focus, I dont believe I've seen any functional updates since release.

Simply brilliant!

Where to start? There are just so many pro's to Timely it will be a struggle to keep this short! We at Body Image Beauty recognise that the appointment book is central to our salons smooth running. We searched endlessly for a solution that would fulfil the needs of operating multiple salons without the cost, technical issues and re-worked solutions we had previously encountered. Our requirements were...

Cons

Thank you for your great review, Jason! We¿re really glad to hear that you and your staff are making such fantastic use of our software. We really appreciate the time you've put in to share your experience with us :-)

not there yet guys!

I've used timely for a while, fantastic until you discover another system, I was happy with Timely until my wee map icon would not take me to Google (app) maps a bit of a bugger when you're a mobile service provider and need fast easy effective solutions, today I just discovered the solution to my problem, that's after asking Timely customer service for help, got the stock standard replies plus all...

Pros

easy to set up and use

Cons

lacks functionality

Streamlined our business and saves time!

We implemented Timely into our company just over a year ago. We switched from WorkEtc, as we wanted not only to support local business, but also needed a system that would allow online booking for clients, and send text and email reminders to our clients. Timely is around $20 cheaper per month for the subscription, and the text reminders are extremely cost effective. As the text is automated, clients...

Cons

Hi Lauren! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your thorough review and love having you in the Timely family :-)

Great System

Usign the timely calendar has made booking clients in much easier, whether in the office or out on the road - plus we have been able to include an online booking system as well.

Pros

Timely allows us to manage our instructors and locations really well. Everything is programmed in so different services that take different amounts of time are all booked in automatically, including breaks and padding time between sessions.

Cons

As yet Timely does not allow me to see all appointments booked for different locations within the calendar software. It compensates by allowing us to export to a google calendar but this is not the ideal way of doing things for me. I want to see all appointments for all staff in one view. However - Timely do listen and have a team who are working to improve things as they go. I have to accept that my situation is unusual and therefore lower on the priority list to provide a solution - but at least I know it is on the radar. As a small business owner I would prefer keeping costs down as much as possible. I would prefer to see an entry level subscription that allows 3-5 staff without an extra monthly charge.

I've been using Timely for almost a year now and it has made a huge difference to my business.

It has given my small business a much more professional image and allowed for me to easily take payment by credit card. The invoicing system has helped with record keeping as well as being professional. Reporting tools are also really useful. Has helped to make it easier for new clients to get in touch with me and made making an appointment with me so much easier. It also saves me time.

Pros

It has made life so much easier for me and my clients and has helped to give my business a much more professional feel. It's very easy and logical to use and to amend and add to. The linked invoice system is excellent and again helps a small business to give a professional feel. It has also easily allowed me to add in extras like package deals and to invoice for products that I sell. The help is good...

Cons

There's not much I don't like. I've had some issue with the appointment confirmations and reminders going straight to junk folders instead of inboxes which is a bit of a pain. If I've booked in a new client myself, and then the next appointment they do it, I end up with two client profiles which is also a bit of a pain. However there is a 'merge client' option which deals with this quite easily.

Intuitive cloud based software that's easy to use and goes with your business.

I saw a successful barbershop that I wanted to model my business on. From there I wanted to know what booking software they were using because it was on an iPad. Without any software training, a trial period and my scissors in my hands it gave me the perfect edge (pun intended).

Pros

Automatically sending out reminders via email and text makes me more profitable with less downtime. Online booking is like having someone book all your appointments for you, except without the cost. And considering 10-12 years ago hairdresser computer/software packages could cost you up to $12000 in upfront costs, Timely has a price I couldn't refuse.

Cons

The only thing I could think of would be to have a 'Next in line' or waiting list cue via the software to make it easier then writing them down manually and then booking them in. I think the Check out transaction area could be tweaked a little. When processing a sale it defaults to 'On Account' which is one extra click that I with I didn't have to do. If it was defaulted to Credit Card it would save the extra click on 70% of my transactions. Doesn't sound like much but it all helps.

Easy and efficient

My best friend told me about Timely and how it was perfect for her business and urged me to give it a go. I was hesitant at first but after seeing that I could try it for free for a month, I thought sure why not! I loved it instantly. So easy to use and it does everything I need it to do on the desktop version. I have synced Mailchimp and Paypal. So every time I get a new client it automatically...

Pros

How easy it is to use, the syncing of other programs and the cost.

Cons

It doesn't have all of the features on the iPhone App version. I travel for work and don't carry my MacBook with me. I always carry my iPhone and use that for seeing and rebooking my clients.

Easy to use, great customer support!

Without Timely, I couldn't have expanded my business as much as I have. It brings a new level of organization to us that has allowed us to add more services, practitioners, and booking options. It's so nice for my practitioners to be able to log in and see their schedule ahead of time to be able to plan their day. It also makes it much easier for me to schedule our support staff when I can see the full schedule in one place and see when I need the extra help. The online booking feature has noticeably increased business and has also led to regular clients booking more frequently. I'm very grateful for this software and everything it allows us to do!

Pros

Timely has streamlined so many aspects of my business, I can't imagine life without it! It's straightforward to use, and presents important information in a way that's super easy to understand.

Cons

Just little things. I wish I could select which users want email notifications when someone books with them without everyone having to receive emails. Little things like that, but I know it's a still a relatively new product and I've been impressed with how diligent Timely is with updating and improving.

Your Clients Will Love This Software!

I started out signing up with many other companies that offered the 30 day trials that Forb's Magazine selected as there top software companies for online booking systems. Out of all of the systems I had used Timely was by far for the money the easiest to navigate. Another wonderful aspect that I appreciated was when I had a question the tech support was quick at answering all of my questions, along...

Pros

How easy it is to navigate for us and our clients. Tech support. Clients Love this system! The email and text confirmations.

Cons

We would really appreciate having individuals staff members be able to set there own times for each service just as the can for there hours. We all don't work at the same pace depending on how experienced we are in our craft so to have everyone working on the same timeline makes it hard for the new stylists coming in.

Delivers brilliantly for this driving school

Been working with Timely for nearly a year. From startup. I was looking for a software partner that would place me quickly in the market, and out in front of the competition. Timely has delivered all the way. I love the way that Timely automates customer bookings. Customers from my website or Facebook page can schedule a time that suits them and their favourite trainer, All I have to do is make...

Cons

A software that truly streamlines business operations

We are a health and wellness business specializing in massage therapy and corrective exercise. We were at one time using a server/client software that served as a scheduling and POS system. The software was expensive annually, had hefty monthly fees for features that should have been included. The features it did have were poorly implemented and pieced together. Customers voiced their concerns and opinions regarding our checkout and scheduling processes. Moving to timely was a move to streamline and create efficiencies. It was also to reduce overhead and hardware maintenance. The move to Timely has brought some great features to both our staff and clients. We've have nothing but positive feedback.

Pros

The simplicity of the user experience is great. Clean UI allows for quick and easy scheduling and checkouts. Clients love the online appointment booking. Paying during the online booking has been a positive experience. Our staff enjoys the mobile remote access and notifications when appointments are booked. We also enjoy the continued support and enhancements being made to deepen the software.

Cons

If there is one feature we could get, it would be an integrated POS. With that said, we currently use Square and it's working fabulously.

Timely, its almost Perfect

Several online booking payment acceptance POS to some degree

Pros

This is a great software for anyone taking bookings & running a business. It is super easy to use, the customer support is very good. The price point is in line with the services it DOES offer. Online booking with a system that allows you full control on how to run your business & accept payment online. There are very few comparisons to what this software offers.

Cons

I am sad that they still do not have a built in loyalty program, its really the only thing its missing for my needs. I have been hoping for the last 3 years they would get one but nothing as of yet. They have made strides in many other areas, this would be such a bonus for me if they would implement that.