Matillion Reviews

4.27/5 (95 reviews)

Graham Lannigan

Easy to use solution, allowing rapid delivery of ELT processes

Reviewed 2019-06-14

We came to Matillion while looking for a tool that would allow us to orchestrate our load processes for Amazon Redshift. We'd used other ETL tools previously, were blown away by how easy it was to pick up and understand Matillion. We liked the simplicity, and the fact that we could always dig into the SQL that was generated. New features are added frequently, and we usually find one or two improvements that directly impact us with each release. Their support team are also very responsive, and Matillion are always keen to help you get the most out of their software, so there's a lot of support if you want it. 2+ years later, and we're using Matillion to run all our ELT jobs across various data warehouse projects, and very happy with it.

Sandeep Kumar

Need on the fly connectivity to different instance of Redshift

Reviewed 2019-06-14

I like the bunch of API integrated in Matillion it helps me to directly grab the data from different sources without manually extra and import in my database.

Michael Sprague

Great for pipelining data to warehouse/lake, not getting it back

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-06-13

It was easy to get set up, and it worked great for pushing data into Snowflake as a data warehouse. However, we quickly realized that we would need yet another tool to get the data back out to the source systems to synchronize/integrate it. We could sort of do it with Matillion, but it required a lot of custom programming and was not very intuitive. We ended up using a different iPaaS tool that could handle traffic/integration in both directions.

Bruce Linn

Matillion - orchestrating complex ELT for analytics

Reviewed 2019-07-08

Our business requires us to ingest large amounts of data from customers on a frequent basis. Once typical ELT has been performed, we create customized data stores which are used in a variety of ways including modeling, machine learning and a SaaS front end. Matillion has been instrumental in our ability to move this processing from file systems to Big Query where our performance has moved from days to hours.

KOTESWAR RAO K

Matillion_Koti_Feedback

Reviewed 2019-06-24

I like working on matillion , but this tool can be made more flexible by providing some of the additional features.

Joe Ellerington

Matillion for Data Engineers

Reviewed 2019-06-28

An easy to use tool that has allowed me to build a fully automated data warehouse to report to the business, it was easy to learn and implement, and as difficult as SQL to master. I think the real complexity comes from optimising complex workflows, the more T you need in the ETL/ELT process, the more Matillion falls down. This being said it is a very good tool for 90% of your work.

Francis Tuason

Matillion is an Easy To Leverage (ETL) solution!

Reviewed 2019-06-13

- Easy to orchestrate an ETL pipeline - Integration with Redshift and other AWS services provides convenience - Support team is easy to reach and have relatively quick response times - They also support the other 2 popular cloud data warehouses, Snowflake and BigQuery - Some components are available out to the box for easy integration - Task history is useful for debugging and monitoring current state of ETL pipelines - A GUI is provided for implementing complicated workflows, that can be easily followed

Despina Constantinou

MELT

Reviewed 2019-06-14

Easy to learn and use. The knowledge from other products is transferable. The documentation is amazing (one probably cannot understand how good without the experience). Support is always available and of good quality.

Susan Dimbleby

Matillion when used with Google BigQuery

Reviewed 2019-06-21

We are now using Matillion as our TL tool to load into our Google Data Lake which will be the source of all our BI reporting data (replacing SQL servers). Matillion is easy to install (Google Marketplace, one click build), easy to use initially, sometimes lacks a few specialist bits (usually around new things in the Google estate), but theses can be overcome by using scripts or sql statements and I am sure some will become components in their own right. Matillion support is very good - I usually get a response within the hour

Erick Barreat

Reviewed 2019-06-14

Matillion is a great out of the box product with minimal requirements. You spin the machine up, allow your database's firewall to communicate with Matillion. Start creating jobs, schedule them, and sit back. It helps you focus on visualizing your data.

Alexander Hall

Efficiency!

Agile Data Engineering

Reviewed 2019-06-13

We use Matillion to produce highly curated datasets for customers. Matillion has allowed us to move this workload entirely into the data warehouse where the final work product lives, and cut processing time from days to hours.

Ravi Kumar

Review of Matillion as ETL cloud Engineer

Reviewed 2019-07-08

It was great working as well learning experience , hope Matillion will come up as industry leader.

Nels Yehnert

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Our experience with Matillion has been great. We've used to greatly improve and automate our data intake and transformation process.

Edward Serzo

Geographically disparate data to the cloud in 3 days flat

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Piping and transformation billions of rows of data from geographically dispersed machines into Snowflake

Reviewed 2019-06-14

We're using Matillion for all the ETL in our environement: 3000 employees, around 500 BI users, around 30 different systems that we connected to. We were able to switch some existing jobs from Talend and create a whole lot more in just 6 minutes.

David Wu

Great ETL product

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Matillion is very intuitive. The GUI is easy to use and fairly easy to learn. The support team is great and they respond to your questions quickly. I like how the Matillion team is frequently looking to add new functionality and features. The new keyword search functionality is very helpful.

Mark Evans

A Great Cloud-based Tool

Reviewed 2019-07-05

I like it overall. It is easy to quickly learn and get up to speed. It is made to work in the environment I'm working in (AWS) and has a nice, clean browser-based interface to build and schedule jobs in EC2. Email-based support is responsive. However, I sometimes feel it is too expensive compared to alternatives for the value it adds and the ELT model, while beneficial in many ways, hamstrings the component feature-set.

Oliver Schmidt

Fast track to results

Reviewed 2019-06-14

Very helpful support which takes care of all our problems, especially with "stupid" beginner questions.

Sandeep Mohnalkar

SalesLoft Matillion for Data Warehouse

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Evaluating an ETL tool is quite a challenge. With a wide variety of options in the market, it is difficult to know where to start. We shortlisted three different ETL tools based on the capabilities to perform full load, incremental load with change data capture (CDC), process chains, job scheduling and monitoring, job success/failure notification to name a few most important criteria. With a very intuitive development interface, Matillion ETL for Redshift came out as a winner.

Brayden Jackson

Matillion ETL For Medium to Large Company

Reviewed 2019-06-18

Matillion has worked incredibly well answering our business needs. We have integrated it into our core business and use it daily with nearly no issues. We began with Matillion ETL for Redshift but soon switched to Matillion ETL for Snowflake and have had incredible success with it thus far. I recommend this ETL tool to any company of any size as it can be scaled to any business needs and you only pay for what you use.

Venkata Aditya Chintala

Good ease of use, should improve customer service

Reviewed 2019-06-25

With the tools given most of the business problems can be solved(not in an efficient way though if you consider SnowFlake), but there's a lot of room for improvement on the customer service side. Also, having the same functionalities for both RedShift and SnowFlake would make it a lot better, for now there are more functionalities and components for RedShift.

Dana Morrison

Matillion is working great!

Reviewed 2019-06-13

We are using Matillion to pull API JSON data from various systems and push that data into Snowflake. Matillion is working rock solid.

Roger Finch

Responsive to User Needs

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Gets better and better with each release. Keep up the good work!

Paul Cebulski

Have been using Matillion for past 9 months

Reviewed 2019-06-28

We have developed Data Warehouse for our business using Matillion. We employ 6k+ people, and Matillion was a perfect match for our needs. Storing data in Google Big query allows seamless access to it from other Cloud Products I.E. Google Data Studio. I love the product, and limitless possibilities it gives us. Pulling the data from anything you may think of, transforming it and then outputting into Big Query is very easy and straight forward.

Shun L

Good Tool, good technical support but customer support team goes down year 2.

Reviewed 2019-06-13

The tool got us to where we needed to be, but the fact that they overadvertise their bespoke service and dont keep their year 2 pricing after sign-on somehwat in line with year 1 leaves a bad taste. The original suport was fantastic, but they seem to switch you over to lower tier support once you reach year 2.

Amit Sonavane

Does the job very well

Reviewed 2019-06-13

I have been using Matillion since September 2018 and at the beginning i didn't like it very much as i dont had hands on experience using Matillion. But later my work has increased a lot using Matillion. So far i have had integrated bunch of sources using Matillion to data warehouse. I am liking it at this moment and no complains.

Ryan Allen Abarquez

Matillion for BigQuery - United HealthGroup Data Engineer Review

Reviewed 2019-07-12

Very useful tool. If you're looking for a tool for your analytics data warehouse which is fast, convenient and easy to learn, then this is the tool for you

Jesse Bulpit

Great turnkey solution to ETL and data migrations

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Matillion offers a powerful feature set within a robust UI. There are other options but none have the ease of onboarding that Matillion offers. The API adds a powerful layer to do advanced integrations.

Brian Raney

Making my life easier!

Reviewed 2019-07-19

It's been great. The support team has been very responsive in resolving some Azure-related issues, tuning our instance, and helping to understand the nuances of how it works. It's been a significant reduction in development time since we migrated to Matillion.

Chaitanya Muppalla

Simple and easy ELT

Reviewed 2019-06-14

Very nice. Easy and simple tool. Yet a lot possible with python scripting feature.

Best and very much compatible ETL for Redshift

Reviewed 2019-06-25

1.)All the components and transfomrations availability 2.)Specially oriented for data ingestion process using all aws services like rds, s3, sns, redshift 3.)easy admin, ssl setup 4.)very easy diagromatical representation of jobs

John Schoneboom

Powerful, useful, not the easiest thing I've ever learned

Reviewed 2019-07-23

We are trying to automate as many of our recurring tasks as possible -- things like grabbing data from an API endpoint, manipulating it for our purposes, and updating our own databases for clients. Matillion lets us do a lot of that on a regular schedule and once it's set up, our humans are free to focus on things humans are better at. I found it clunky to use at first, non-intuitive. I did not find the online documentation to be very helpful, I never did find a video tutorial that spoke to my needs, and some of the terminology ("orchestration" and "transformation") I still find a bit opaque, and the division of different types of functions into the blue and green widgets doesn't always make sense to me. But I've managed to put together a fairly complex set of components that does most of what I want it to do, no small thanks to the support team, who are fantastically responsive and offer really good, specific advice within unreasonably short time periods. Their personalized attention is very much what enabled me to get going. I went from essentially hating using Matillion to really enjoying it over the course of a month or two. I'm sure I've only scratched the surface of what it can do but it's very clever and clearly quite powerful.

PRANAVKUMAR Shah

Good tool for workflow management

Reviewed 2019-07-05

I am happy with this tool and it has good UI.

Christoph Lange

Solution that works fine for almost all applications

Reviewed 2019-07-01

If you really use your data and work on a daily basis with your data warehouse you should consider using Matillion. We had no downtimes and the service is brilliant. We connected all of our data sources and it works really well. But it got its price. Compared to other solutions the pricing is good for growing businesses.

First class ETL for everyone

Reviewed 2019-06-24

We've been able to concentrate all data sources in one place and do a proper transformation and normalization of data to feed the Visualization layer.

Marcus Vinícius Silva

Matillion Usability

Reviewed 2019-07-05

I really like Matillion ETL but I was a bit disappointed with some of its limitations and quirks, like when Twitter updated his API all my jobs stopped working and the only thing I could do was develop everything again without using the Matillion component. When I was trying to make upsert procedures on RDS Databases, I was thrilled that the Matillion component has that option, bit it simply didn't work. It seems like these functionalities haven't got the same attention of the others, I contacted the Matillion support which is simply great and these things are still going to be fixed. When I wanted specific libraries of Python, I couldn't get it working on my instance because pip was out of date and it couldn't be updated. I tried to update and I messed up with my instance. Overall, Matillion is great, when you're creating a flow of data migration and you need to parse the data before and do some automations, but there are some cases when you need something a little more specific, that's when it becomes a pain.

Adel Helal

Extremely easy to use, but hits hard limits when dealing with lots of data

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Overall experience isn't so great for the price we pay. Because of our hard limits we have to pay for two instances in order to handle our job loads. That wouldn't be a problem if we were able to scale the EC2 instance the software sits on. It makes no sense why an application has a specific hardware limits. Surely if we can spin up two separate instances to run concurrent jobs that are unrelated to each other, the same principle can be applied when scaling up with more cores/memory etc.

Is Great

Reviewed 2019-06-19

Overall extract and load data strategies is very powerfull

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Matillion is very easy to use. It's simplicity allows you to drag an drop components to easily create orchestrations. It also simple to create shared jobs and use the components.

Tobias Orzegowski

very good ETL Tool with some growing pains

it helped us a lot to build our Redshift Data Lake from the Scratch

Anonymous

A good solution for a one man data shop

Reviewed 2019-06-20

In the scope of a sole user, it's a very powerful tool. One can get a production ETL job up and running in hours starting from scratch. After a while, it's pretty hard to figure what is where and if more than one user contributes to the flows it can be painful to understand changes.

Martin Haw

Intuitive & Flexible

Reviewed 2019-07-04

I love the GUI that Matillion employs - it makes creating and adjusting tasks very simple and transparent.

Ellis Crosby

Very useful product

Reviewed 2019-06-13

The features and ease of use are good. The transformations act as a documentation for the self because of the readability.

Deepaank Satyam Sinha

Great product for handling big data flow automation

Reviewed 2019-06-13

This tool helps in automating etl process.

Great ETL Tool for Business Users

Reviewed 2019-06-28

Logic drag & drop of ETL steps makes the design and documentation of each ETL processes much simpler.

Spencer Broome

Excellent Product

Reviewed 2019-06-13

We are able to quickly execute on ongoing ETL projects and ad hoc needs.

Jagdish Wagh

User friendly and Advance connectors

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-06-13

I was developed around 20 to 50 mapping using Matillion and I don't see any difficulties right know.

Sudheer Sabnis

Great ELT tool

Reviewed 2019-07-09

We use Matillion ELT to manage Data Warehouse. Support team provides consistent work around for issues.

Christopher Dean

Great ETL Tool

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Class leading, can turn a new file around in hours and days.

Vishant Mahajan

Easy to use features

Reviewed 2019-07-02

Inbuild features to integrate with AWS s3, send SNS messages.

Lee Price

Using Matillion with AWS Redshift

Reviewed 2019-06-14

Easy to understand and follow processes. Easy to pass variable values between jobs. Works well with Redshift and S3.

David Lyons

A Great ELT and warehousing toolset in a clean GUI

Reviewed 2019-06-16

We're pulling multiple datasets together and integrating them in star schemas with Matillion, as well as doing sophisticated data analysis.

Karan Sapiah

Matillion Review - Excellent overall

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Ease of Use and excellent support which makes this software likely to use in comparison to other ELT tools.

Raul Goycoolea Seoane

Great tool and experience

Hrishikesh Tiwari

Flexible and Easy to use ETL tool

Reviewed 2019-07-19

I like the use of Variables and Grid Variables that allow me to reuse jobs for different ETL workflows.

Indy Ranga

Matillion product review

Reviewed 2019-07-02

Target based ETL application. Cloud Native.

kal heer

Matillion ETL

Ease of use Configured for AWS Redshift compatible Quick support turnaround

Łukasz Chłosta

Perfect ELT Tools

Reviewed 2019-06-13

ELT, daily basis extract of data and ad-hoc tasks

Anonymous

Matillion is the lead in ETL space.

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-07-05

Matillion's cloud model is leading the trend in this industry. It's cost effective and manageable.

Michael Gill

Best ETL tool in the market

Reviewed 2019-07-19

Matillion was the perfect solution for us. We were using another ETL tool that was great for extract and load, but did not address our transformation needs. That is where Matillion came in and was the perfect fit. The scope and scale of their transformation tools is exactly what we need to fully address our ETL needs.

AnneLaure Buisson

Yes but ..

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Data transformation, data prep for python, data analysis

Starting out with Matillion

Reviewed 2019-06-13

We were trying to quickly set up multiple ETL pipeline into our Analytic Data-warehouse and Matillion did just that.

neil sparrow

A good choice for GUI closed based ETL

Reviewed 2019-06-17

We use the tool for creating ETL data piplines.

Amber Hovious

Great Company

Reviewed 2019-06-13

They have been a great company to work with. They are very transparent, quick to response, have awesome support and great training.

Jose Mari Taleño

Good

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Overall Matillion is good and I'm sure it could be better.

Raviteja Potluru

New Architecture

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Data doesn't flow through Matillion, it just saves the Jobs created and use them to run jobs on the connected database

Matthew Satti

Saved a lot of time

Reviewed 2019-06-23

We have been using Matillion for constructing data tables for analytical purposes. It is a very handy tool for doing ETL.

Maksymilian Mazur

Scaling with Matillion

Reviewed 2019-06-13

The experience is very positive at the beginning but as the project grows and there are more and more workloads and data being processed Matillion starts to become a bottleneck.

Dylan Harvey

Great product, highly recommend it

Reviewed 2019-07-07

We needed to easily get data from multiple sources into snowflake. From there we needed to be able to transform it into meaningful information, Matillion quicker, easier and cheaper than all of the other products we reviewed.

Nikhil Reddy

Best UI made Redshift and Snowflake compatible Ingestion automated tool

Reviewed 2019-06-28

It is good. Used for many easy to complex jobs in our Business Intelligence and analytic platform

Oliver Chen

Matillion ETL Review

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Easy to use, demo, and documentation resources

Roger Eyre

Initial Feedback

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Its helping us build a data warehouse for visualizing debt and customer segmentation in our business. It means we are getting real insight into our business. Thank you!

Arnaud Col

Best visual ELT on the market

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Matillion helped us develop various business use cases: Ambient temperature monitoring, ERP data centralization, data quality management. Components such as change detection were really helpful.

Daniel Nguyen

Matillion ETL for Redshift

Reviewed 2019-07-07

Matillion makes building ETL pipelines easy for almost everyone in the team without extensive knowledge.

Levan Salia

Great for starting

Reviewed 2019-06-17

* It's very easy to start building scalable production ready ETL pipeline. * GUI is very intuitive. * Has wide variety of integrations available. *

Gary North

Intuitive ETL

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Speed of ETL development and templated approaches.

Alejandro Hernandez

Fantastic Product

Reviewed 2019-06-21

The easy of use is great. Being able to easily migrate data from multiple sources into AWS is a dream.

Łukasz Cieśla

Great piece of software

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Importing data from different sources.

Prashanta Shrestha

Simple easy-to-use Interface but looks like a development in progress software

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Simple with not a lot of unnecessary components. Very easy to use with Amazon Redshift.

Lars Johansson Blank

Matillion and Snowflake ELT

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Building a data warehouse with AWS and Snowflake. Easy and quite fast to build ELT.

Brian Overton

Matillion for AWS

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Once configured, it is easy to setup a workflow in minutes. The tool has lots of easy to use features.

Hans Minderhoud

enexis case

Reviewed 2019-06-14

cloud product, GUI for ETL, responsiveness supplier, scripting & parameters, performance, ETL features, mature product knowledgeable and responsive help desk

Abhinav Rajvanshi

Best ETL(ELT) tool in the market for AWS Redshift

Reviewed 2019-06-21

In love with the tool, I highly recommend it. It’s perfect for the data warehouse we are building.

Shivkumar Mallesappa

For AWS one of the best tool to go for

Reviewed 2019-06-14

We are using Matillion to process real-time data

David Camp

Great Snowflake integration, poor API support

Reviewed 2019-06-13

It solved some difficult problems for us. As long as you understand its limitation in certain areas.

Ved Prakash

An ELT tool with no hassle in Cloud

Reviewed 2019-06-17

No Installation pressure. No upgrade issue Handles all data load feature. Inbuilt Expression to handle various transformation is good

Jenna McAulay

Great

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-06-13

The ease of setting up ETL, it’s not as complex as others and easy to understand. (Providing you have the basic knowledge in the first place) direct SQL query feed-in option for any migration of existing solution which is very handy!

Anil Kshira

ETL Architect

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Easy to use to load data into snowflake.

Hema Jeevaratnam

Matillion for Enterprise solution

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-06-28

Ease of use and quick learning curve. Used in many POCs and customer has been happy to use and learn the tool.

Joe Hsy

powerful, but not the easiest to use

Reviewed 2019-06-28

Able to eventually get the ETL working the way we needed, but took longer than it probably should have.

Alex Pollatos

Excellent Product

Reviewed 2019-06-22

Ability to quickly build a fast, scalable pipeline for data ingestion

Olivia Yan

great ETL tool

Reviewed 2019-06-13

my team use it to load data from different sources into Snowflake

Piers Batchelor

Reliable and feature rich

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-06-21

Incredibly flexible for teams working with large, complex data sets

Federico Gahan