ToucanTech Logo

ToucanTech

Smart software to power community engagement

ToucanTech Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.57/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Fantastic, thorough, lighteningly fast repsonse rates and a good understaning of what our business needs are in this educational environment.

CA

Craig A.

The benefits have been great, we invested at the same time as launching our bursary fund, so it's great to be working with super professional comms for this important group.

RS

Rachael S.

It is reliable and its myriad functions - which you need to find out about and leverage - are useful and helpful.

NB

Nicholas B.

I use it very seldom, but find it frustrating to obtain the results I require.

MD

Michael D.

Needs fulltime use, otherwise very frustrating to use occasionally.

MD

Michael D.

Tendency to slow down from time to time making searches and adding images or news difficult. Tendency for blue "shading" to appear over every word and element of a search.

NP

InTouch Tool-logocaret

InTouch Tool

InTouch CRM-logocaret

InTouch CRM

How would you rate ToucanTech?

Huge potential

Very responsive business, capable and eager to understand their clients' needs and apply improvements

Pros

As a database driven alumni platform, ToucanTech enables us to link to and connect countless records to grow the engagement of our association. It is reliable and its myriad functions - which you need to find out about and leverage - are useful and helpful

Cons

Report-writing can be tricky and not all fields are able to be selected. Sometimes the Toucan server can be slow to respond

Providing Support

The team at Toucan are excellent at providing support to the myriad of queries that I have. They are quick, polite, professional and always helpful. I commend and thank them for their patience, understanding and ability assist as and when requested.

Pros

Never stands still and happy to incorporate ideas from users.

Cons

It can be complicated to achieve what you want the system to do.

Fantastic Product so glad we decided on the right software.

I haven't worked with the financial fundraising side much but my colleagues do and they would be able to expand more on their experience of this side of things. I think it has a lot of powerful potential and is close to being a very good bit of financial fundraising software to work with.

Pros

The intuitive ease of use, the slick layout and constant updating ToucanTech are prepared to do and if you have an idea of how things could perform better they try to work it into the next upgrades which happen really quickly. I like the amount of flexibility we have free of charge with website design, and not having to pay for every little thing which is so annoying with other companies. Very forward thinking and refreshing company to work with.

Cons

The photo gallery portal is a little outdated, both aesthetically and un-user friendly - reordering photos is time consuming and dated.

Essential tool in our development and alumni relations programmes

Huge benefits in efficiency across departments - particularly integrating the functions of fundraising, alumni relations & careers. Excellent customer support, huge wealth of resources on all elements from design to data collection.

Pros

Intuitive operating system integrating all the key functions of a database and external comms platform designed specifically for use in a development and alumni relations setting.

Cons

Automatic upgrades, particularly affecting page format

All-in-one system and a great help

Pros

The ToucanTech system has been a great help to join all areas of our team together. It means that instead of having to use multiple different providers for our emails, fundraising, events and community records we can have it all in once place with all our donations, records, emails and events all connected together in one place - so we get a full view of our whole community

Cons

None - This system has been a huge improvement for our team from our previous product

Community integration so easy with ToucanTech

From a very low base of engagement we are building are strong and varied community of alumni and friends which should prove to be invaluable as we push for income generation.

Pros

Ability to be operated remotely, so that central office not required. Ability of membership to contribute to aspects of the website. Different levels of access as required. Ease of integration with previous database.

Cons

Nothing personally, but am not involved with all its function areas.

Great Customer Service

Brilliant. A great and supportive team always looking for ways to improve and taking on board what we need.

Pros

The customer service provided by Toucan Tech is exceptional! Also, ` like that they are trying to intergrate CRM function with Fundraising.

Cons

I feel it could be a little more user friendly- but maybe that is just my lack of technological abililty!

New customer's early reflections

Pros

Intuitive, engaging, connected and modern

Cons

Integration remains a problem. This is a universal issue when one migrates data from other systems into a new one. Constituent codes and lables remain 'dirty'.

Brought ToucanTech to my new school

I used TT at my previous school and liked it so much we chose it for my current one!

Pros

I find the product design quite intuitive and the support offered by TT fantastic.

Cons

Sometimes I confuse myself when I'm trying to filter the data!

Education community platform

Using the Toucan Tech platform has helped our school development office create a community platform and manage two fundraising campaigns. The software is constantly improving and they listen to clients feedback.

Pros

Managing data. Setting up fundraising campaigns. Communication with database.

Cons

As with any software, human error can come into play.

Happy Customer

After three years of working with the business I am still extremely satisfied with the service I receive. I would highly recommend this business to others.

Pros

The product is easy to use and extremely functional

Cons

Very little, AS and when we have asked for additional functions to be added they have been.

Old Cranleighan Society and Cranleigh Network

Pros

The ability to build newsletters within the software, the business directory and the ability for alumni to be in touch with each other safely and without sharing contact information.

Cons

Some things were buggy when they came on line, so my least favourite thing is needing to iron out the wrinkles.

What more do you need?!

Pros

Usability, customer service excellence in their support offering, intuitive software, wonderful interface, record management, just a fantastic partner to work with!

Cons

Really can't think of anything; genuinely! I really enjoy the user experience. Which is why we renew our contract year after year!

Toucan Tech Review

Pros

I'm still a beginner user but Toucan Tech has been easy to use and seems to fulfil our needs in terms of alumni management, with the added bonus of allowing us to track future fundraising initiatives. It has features that allow us to engage with our constituents in a meaningful way on different levels. Their support staff are also responsive and helpful, even anticipating our needs by providing clarity on any issue we might have (despite the different time zones we're in too).

Cons

Haven't found one yet. Nothing to say here but it won't seem to let me proceed unless I fill up more space!

Very well put together, secure and easy to use platform

Very professional and reliable

Pros

The platform looks very professional and easy to navigate to our users. I love seeing the pictures of everyone and what they are up to. It is easy to operate as an admin and service is always provided.

Cons

In a time when independent schools are struggling due to the pandemic this platform may seem expensive. And it is, if you don't do anything with it. If you use its full functionality it is not and they have created discount plans that help a lot.

OG Connect Alumni Website

Pros

The fact that it is an interactive database with a backroom that can be administratively controlled

Cons

No Cons at this stage. For the most part happy

ToucanTech is a very user friendly package

Very helpful company and staff. Queries quickly answered. Helpful one on one calls when needed

Pros

Easy to use great customer service. Weekly updates from TT

Cons

We do not use some of the many features as yet but know they are there as and when we need to eg fundraising

Fantastic tool for Alumni Relations & Fundraising

Fantastic so far - super happy with everything

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use. It is visually appealing, easy to use and the customer service is amazing. I have the best project manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who is always there to help and responds usually on the same day I write to her. The Support website is really useful, with clear guides on how to use elements of the tool. Our Alumni are really excited about using the platform!

Cons

So far I have not noticed anything major that I would change. One thing that is not ideal is when someone registers, you have to approve them first, before they can make a donation. This could stop someone from making a donation, but on the other hand, it is important to approve the people to the platform.

Toucan Tech review

I've only had a positive experience with Toucan Tech so far.

Pros

Easy to use, fantastic customer service.

Cons

I don't dislike anything about the software.

Great product, outstanding service!

This software has enabled the development office in the school where I work to attract over 800 alumni to one place. Here, we are able to keep them up to date with current developments, and allow some reminiscing about the good old days to take place between members.

Pros

The platform is extremely easy to use and navigate. If you are stuck, then the service team are always willing to help, either over the phone, a webinar or travel up in person. Truly outstanding service.

ToucanTech Review - Highly Recommend

Our experience has been overwhelmingly positive. I feel like I am working with a partner, rather than a provider. I'm really grateful that I found ToucanTech and would recommend them to anyone looking for a membership solution.

Pros

1. Amazing team, genuinely helpful and interested in our project 2. Great support, Australian contact, awesome resource library 3. Flexible, adaptable software that suited our needs 4. Australian-based data centres

Cons

ToucanTech was really easy to use, there was nothing I disliked about the experience.

Review of Toucantech

Overall, very good, easy to use and Support Team when needed are excellent

Pros

It's easy to use, and can be self taught

Cons

Email template design is not that easy, leading to frustration

Toucan Tech as an Alumni Engagement Platform

Very good and knowledgeable customer service.

Pros

Easy to use, not too expensive, good support and training, dual language capability.

Cons

Nothing. We're happy with it completely.

Toucan Tech review

Very good. There to support you at all times and always willing to help with any queries.

Pros

The most important feature s the software itself but this needs to be backed up by the ToucanTech team. The software is very flexible and the support we have received is excellent.

Cons

Only the fact that all change is initially difficult to handle. Thankfully the ToucanTech team have helped tremendously with the transition.

A Positive Experience

Overall a very positive experience and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been particularly helpful. We are a very small team and not very tech savvy so a lot of hand holding has been needed. I would recommend ToucanTech to other schools

Pros

It facilitates what we are trying to achieve with fundraising and engagement

Cons

Integration worked well but took a long time. I think presentationally the site could be crisper and sharper