Pleo

Company payment cards & automated expense reporting

Pleo Reviews

Pros

Beautiful interface and 1-click (almost) bookkeeping is very impressive. I save maybe 2 hour a month on reporting for myself and my teams and I don't have to keep track of my receipts in my pockets.

It's great for not having to complete expenses, great for junior members of staff not having to use their own money then claim it back. You can control and set limits which is great.

Lauren J.

I would really recommend PLEO to other businesses. I think the service is great, it was easy to set up and easy to use overall.

Gill B.

Clare Y.

I'd struggle to suggest anything that I don't like about the software.

Daniel S.

Before I would have to pay and then claim it back, resulting in large admin and delays coming out of my pocket. Now it is all done through Pleo, whether it be online or in a shop.

Chris D.

Great solution to expenses claims

We spend some time researching pleo before we signed up, and pleo were happy to answer all our questions and provide web demos to show us how it works. Our experience has been very positive. Pleo saves us time overall by reducing manual admin processes associated with expense claims. It saves elapsed time at month end for both individual employees and our accounts team. Staff like the app and their experience has been positive.

Pros

Great integration from payment to accounting for expenses. Individuals deal with the admin for their expenses item by item using the phone app to snap receipts (or via browser)- it's easy and saves time and lost receipts. Much easier than using a company purchase card. The only things we have to claim via an old fashioned process are things we can't pay for with a pleo card - for us, cash payments for taxis, and mileage claims. Our accountant can download all the info they need at month end easily with all the receipts. Admin users can manage risk by setting limits - monthly or total, plus per item limits. Admin users can freeze and unfreeze cards if a user thinks they've lost their card then finds it. Analysis lets you see quickly where your expenses spend is.

Cons

Most of our spend is in one category, and while you can set up sub categories, at the moment you can't analyse spend against those subcategories. That said, pleo want to know what would make their product better, and we've already seen improvements to the app.

Great for Business Expenses

If you are a SME I don't see any reason why you would go with a competitor. The app works incredibly well and fast, the support is lovely and helpful, the system is easy to understand and implement.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use, it has a lot of functionalities and whenever I needed help from the support team I always had a great experience. I do a lot of purchases, probably 15 a day and I've never used an expense system in my career that was that easy.

Cons

I have to say the new update isn't my favourite, funnily enough it adds more functionality (which in itself is good) but now it takes one step longer to upload a receipt (it's still incredibly quick, doesn't even take 30 seconds), but it's something I noticed.

Pleo is very simple and quick to use

Pros

Pleo is very simple and quick to use. The app is user friendly and it takes me no time at all to record my expenses.

Cons

We have experienced some outages which can be inconvenient and even a bit embarrassing if the card gets declined when you're trying to use it. These usually get fixed fairly quickly but it would be useful to know, in the app perhaps, if software is done or there is scheduled maintenance.

Great Company, Makes Expense Reporting So Much Easier.

Pros

Pleo is such a sophisticated system, we have a lot of employees out and about and they can rack up a lot of expenses meaning LOTS of receipts having to be collected at the end of the month to compensate them in their wage packet. Not only is it good we can use company money for their expenses, all they have to do is snap a picture of the receipt and they've done their part! Great company, easy to use interface, brilliant support, if theres any complicated questions, PLEO will setup a webinar with one of their professionals giving you such specific assurance.

Cons

I have no cons for PLEO, we haven't encountered any problems thus far and have been using the system for around 8 months.

Plug & Play, cost efficient, timesaving - Makes everyones expenses easier and more fun!

Pros

Simple to use - Plug & Play. The experience is completely simple and smart - from the app download to the use and expensing. Pleo has cut down our expense processing and handling by at least 60% and will save several days per month when we get the full implementation and API. Fun & and fantastic easy to use for everyone in finance and to the management group.

Cons

We have experienced people not being able to rent cars, because of the companys name was on the cards - we then tried out with personal names and the issues seems to be solved

Perfect tool

I like spending time on things that develop​ and grow our business rather than filling out expense forms. Pleo allows​ us to do that while we are absolutely sure that Pleo will do its part perfectly.

Pros

The Pleo app works perfectly. It saves you a lot of time and it makes it super easy to control and follow company expenses. The integration to accounting platforms like e-conomic works very well and it saves time and money on your book keeping.

Cons

The export functions could be more elaborate but that would just be icing on the cake.

Amazing fintech solution for all companies

Pros

It gives freedom to the entire sales team and all other employees who occasionally spends money on behalf of the company, by giving everyone a corporate creditcard. For the management it saves so much time on administrative paperwork and control, since you have full overview and control on spending in the PLEO solution.

Cons

It would be nice with more open API´s to integrate with the rest of our business software.

Pleo has optimised our financial logistics with 90 % in cost. Workload has dropped immensely.

Pros

The real time auditing between the many in-house projects, is for us the biggest advantage. But also the fact, that our auditor only has to use 20 min!! to place a full year of bookkeeping with more then a 1000 receipts divided into approx 10 in-house projects, with each their account. Also the employees and the project managers find stability in their everyday work and it has improved their experience of ownership and responsibility in the organisation.

Cons

Pleo is still under development, and it shows in terms of solutions can could improve the experience even more. We have contacted Pleo on 3 occasions, identifying needs for improvement. The first two are already under way, and the third, they are looking into at this point.

Absolutely amazing, stress free and fantastic support

Clarity from visibility of all transactions. Ability to know who spent what, and giving the staff physical cards has given the whole team a boost (as they feel like they have a part of Tokonatsu with them!) Very minor confusion at the start about PayPal card linking and usage fees, however this was sorted out so quickly and efficiently that we didn't notice any problems

Pros

It was very simple to setup the system to get the whole committee setup with Pleo cards. We have full visibility on what is being bought and we are not chasing for receipts anymore. The way our event works, we have always found it hard to keep track of where they are, causing the treasurer stress every year. Now they have access to Pleo, they have been able to get all the details they need at a click of a button.

Cons

The best invention after the credit card

Pros

As a frequent traveller a Pleo card is simply a must! I have cut down time spend on travel reimbursements with 90-100% as Pleo automatically transfers my expenses to my bookkeeping system with the right account information.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the possibility to export cost per project as PDF (incl. receipts) for reimbursement purposes when I have external clients.

Saves you tons of time and let you focus on what really matters - amazing software!

Pros

Pleo has helped us a lot as a growing startup by giving us an instant overview of our company expenses, and at the same saved us tons of hours of work by letting Pleo do the match of receipt and most of the bookkeeping. As a head of accounting I personally like the instant overview of the expenses Pleo gives you and the easy userface, which makes it possible for every employee to use Pleo from...

Cons

I do wish that Pleo will make it possible in the future to transfer more data from Pleo to the accounting system. For instans - there is not an integration between the projects numbers registred in Pleo and the project number system in our accounting system. That means that when you do exporting of your data + pictures of receipts from Pleo to the accounting system, the account system (as it is right now) will not understand the project numbers exported from Pleo and the accounting system will therefore not automatically create these project numbers or register them as project numbers in the accounting system at all. If we were a bigger company with more projects that would be an issue.

Hey Christian, thanks for the review! We are right now working on better integration of projects into the accounting systems (e-conomic, Xero). Coming in the next few months - so should be much easier to deal with a bigger amount of projects.

Pleo - an easy to use company card

Reciepts are fast in the system. With the "first reminder" of missing reciepts accounting saves time and the card holder is reminded fast enough to go through pockets before laudry day ;-)

Pros

Fast delivery of new cards makes it easy to onboard new colleagues. The setup of the new account is even easier. You can always adjust any limits made to a specific card and have overview over all recipts and invite your external revision to join.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that you have to be patient with taking a status of account. Since some payments may be pending for a day or two, you should remember that some payments may join already accounted days. But knowing this it is only a minor disturbance.

Pleo has really helped automate our finance function. It is a game changing application and product

I no longer need to pay an admin clerk to shift paper. My expenses are properly accounted for and I'm now claiming much more input vat than I used to.

Pros

The best way to account for expenses is certainly at the point of payment. The fact that the Card transaction is matched to documentation by the Card user and pushed straight through to Xero (and vat correctly accounted for) saves hours of paper pushing a month. My employees all feel trusted and empowered and I feel in control. Pleo gets my vote for the most transformative product I've come across since Xero and Receipt Bank took my bookkeeping world by storm. On top of all that the UX of the web and app environment is brilliant and I felt totally supported by the friendly team in what was a very efficient and quick onboarding process.

Cons

The capture of photos of invoices could be enhanced but is by no means a show stopper. It would be good if the app trimmed the space around a piece of paper and straightened it up (see what the new apple notes iOS app does or Evernote)

Hey Adrian, Thanks for the kind review! And thanks for your suggestion about enhancing our current capture of the receipt. We'll work on improving this feature in the next couple of months!

Pleo is a time-saver!

Pleo company cards for key employees: With Pleo, our employees no longer have to make out of pocket purchases as they are trusted with their own Pleo card. Real-time data and spending limits make it easy to monitor expenses. Automated bookkeeping: Our biggest relief with switching to Pleo, is that all expenses are now automatically transferred to our accounting system without wasting time on matching...

Pros

Pleo is a time-saver! Now all purchases automatically transfer to our accountant system and we never have to struggle with missing receipts. Pleo also gives you increased control of the company credit cards and real-time expense insights, which makes you able to do better decisions

Cons

There are some minor issues regarding the mastercards. Sometimes our employees get their cards disabled for wrong issues, but it is quick and easy to enable them again.

Thoroughly recommend!

We are currently working on looking at different ways of reporting and introducing an approval process with managers, with the support of Pleo. Overall, the experience with Pleo is positive. We have a great relationship, very similar cultures and it's been exciting to see how they have evolved and listen to their customers.

Pros

Ease of use for the user and for the finance team, integrates well with our accountancy software, intuitive and great to have holistic view of all transactions. Best of all is that they always take on feedback and have fantastic customer support.

Cons

Quite honestly, nothing springs to mind...

Great product - lovely customer service

Pleo is just a product that makes your life easier. Our company uses Pleo every day to pay for stuff without​ having the hassle​ to reimburse individuals. It gives you a lot of freedom but also responsibility​ and trust as an employee.

Pros

- Easy to use - Product solves a real problem for every company (from a size of more than 6 people I would say) - Lovely design - Great team and company culture

Cons

I can't be thinking​ of anything. Every tech product has points to improve on their journey​ but Pleo's customer success team makes it easy to raise any problems, are very helpful, quick and friendly​.

Best company card ever!

Just works. I think my 2-year old son could figure it out.

Pros

Cons

Would be great if there was some sort of kickback but that's probably not in the EU directive that makes it legal.

It is simple and easy to use. Our pilots find it so convenient that they can settle accounts on the spot and we at home know exactly what cost we have occured on an airport in China minutes after it has been settled and before the aircraft even takes off.

Pros

IT is so fast and easy to use and we love the "fire and forget" way to handle receipts. Never loose a receipt again 😊

Cons

Only issue er have is that pleo is not a credit card yet. So some car rental and hotels Will not accept is as deposit.

User Review of Podio

from the packaging it arrives in, to having your pin on your phone, it being contactless, filing missing receipts, searching for purchases when in browser mode, it is great! Would definitely recommend for businesses. It is way better than having on company card to share and no need to worry as limits can be set and it is easy to track by individual.

Pros

The best thing is that you can take photos of your receipts on your phone and file them straight away which means they can't get lost!

Cons

the virtual card, I feel like it isn't needed as you have the physical card details on your phone too.

Slick product

Installing Pleo was all about TIME, time for us, time for the users, time for everyone. Simple and time efficient where a child could use the APP is great.

Pros

Pleo simplifies our corporate card system, allowing an APP based system that is user friendly and simple to use. It saves the finance department at Oakbrook Finance time and effort in taking the admin out of the process.

Cons

As of yet the VAT element being missing, however Pleo are quick to take on board feedback and I'm told this is being worked on to be added soon. Not many companies respond to change this quickly.

Huge time saver! Thanks for making it so easy!

Pros

I'm consistently buying small items and before Pleo came around I was losing paper receipts on a regular basis. The small stuff adds up and we run a pretty tight ship when it comes to finance. As soon as I purchase anything now, I can feel my pocket buzz. The pleo app prompts me to snap a photo of the receipt and I'm done. It's 1000 times easier and I don't have to follow up with finance to see if they managed to put the money in my next paycheck.

Cons

On the few occasions that I've managed to forget to load a receipt there's a small detailed response button I can submit but it would be nice have something that I could just select instead of having to explain. It's only happened once or twice but sometimes I get alerts saying a payment didn't work, only to find out it went through okay. It's a great tool and I'm very happy with it.

What's not to like

We managed to get rid of a very clunky system for expenses that required a lot of admin time from staff. Expenses were therefore often delayed. So not only have we made our technical staff more billable, we have also seen an improvement on cash flow!

Pros

Staff are never 'out of pocket', the cards and app are very easy to use on the go and the expenses can be directly exported to our accounting software. Smooth sailing all the way!

Cons

The search function within 'projects' or now called 'tags' in the app is not as easy to use as the one in the web version.

The easy way to account your business expenses

No more problems with, who bought what services and who has which invoice. Now I can directly see who has expensed what, and make sure the all invoices are in the system.

Pros

Ease of use. (Almost) automatic bookkeeping with Storebox and e-conomic integration. Frequent release of new versions with new features.

Cons

Not really anything. Sounds wierd, but can't really think of anything.

Excellent - hazzle-free receipt handling!

Pros

This is a 'must-have' for anyone who hates handling receipts. UX is key here and customer service is problem free!

Cons

Believe it or not - no cons here. Everything works seamlessly

Pleo has saved me time and frustration of doing tedious tasks

Pros

I've been using Pleo for a year now, their service has saved me time and frustration of collecting the missing receipts. Pleo integrates with our bookkeeping software, so I just need to check that the transactions are marked with correct project codes and have a receipt attached before the file is run into bookkeeping. The administration is amazingly quick, I can give a virtual card to a new employee immediately (our traditional bank required signing and sending paper documents back and forth so the process took at least 2 weeks).

Cons

Still missing some features like reminders of missing receipts to users. I know Pleo are planning on releasing new features continuously so just waiting for them to become available.

Hey Dixie, thanks so much for the kind review! Reminders for missing receipts are coming in the next couple of weeks, sorry for the wait ;)