DrChrono Reviews - Page 7

BH

Bonnie H.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Simplicity

Pros

Easily understandable and user friendly. Especially in Ophthalmology field. Simple to change templates/forms when needed.

Cons

One major problem that I do not like about Dr. Chrono is that it is difficult to see the exact time an appointment is being booked at. The time slots never line up correctly until you actually click on them, and then it is easy to accidentally double book patients.

CF

Chrysanthi F.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Best Software out there!!

Pros

User and patient friendly, option to color code, easy to maneuver and organize, paperless all the way.

Cons

No waitlist incorporated into the software, clinical notes are not set properly when printed, often slow even with good internet connection.

BO

Brian O.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Easy

AR and cash flow are enhanced.

Pros

Easy and comprehensive. Allows me to be an effective in my solo practice.

Cons

I really have few complaints most of them are caused by the dude in my mirror.

JG

Jami G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

One of the best EHR available

I really like them, as they are attentive to my needs and are very thorough with their training.

Pros

I really like the ease of this EHR. I have worked with serval others, and this ones the easiest!

Cons

I offer several services in multiple rooms, and I would like to be able to select what services go to what room so when patients schedule online, they are scheduling into the correct room. This would help to reduce any overlapping with booking. I have contacted them about this, and they are looking into this.

JS

Jacob S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Been with them since the begining

Pros

Easy for front desk to schedule, and enter new patients. Very easy to customize templates for notes. Native APP.

Cons

Back end billing is not adequate for south florida managed care networks, can notintegrate well for billing

MT

Marianne T.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

All encompassing platform for charting/scheduling/billing

Pros

It's so easy to use, I can provide superbills for my patients, build my own charting templates, and allow my patients to schedule online.

Cons

I cannot schedule or cancel breaks from the mobile app, so it is quite inconvenient when I'm on the go

LW

Lisa W.

Medical Practice, self-employed

This EHR changed my practice ! It's amazing

I can't say enough about how much using Dr Chrono helped me with my solo practice ! It's like having an employee!

Pros

Pictures Confirmations Reminders Future visit reminders

Cons

Nothing It's all available and if not customer support will probably create it for you

HL

Hana L.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Dr chrono reviews

Pros

This product is very easy to use. It made a change in our office by allowing us to move Much quicker than before

Cons

I don’t like how it opens several tabs. It is frustrating to have so many different tabs for he same patient.

SP

Savannah P.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

DrChrono makes it easy!

DrChrono for the most part is really easy to work with and learn!

Pros

I really like a lot of the different features of DrChrono, the form builders, the scheduling is simple, billing is simple. It's user friendly and easily manageable!

Cons

We have found glitches once in a while, whether it be that consent forms don't auto-populate like they're set up to do, or a picture or document won't save.

VA

Van A.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

switched from Practice Fusion now stuck with a contract fee

Tried to switch from Practice Fusion to it, but it has been a nightmare. Now we are stuck paying for a more expensive EMR for a year, during a year contract, that we will not use because it puts me behind in seeing patients by at least 30 minutes.

Pros

The note writing and ability to create your own forms is very good. They really show this off to you when they are demonstrating the software. They do not show the other things involved in day to day practice such as ordering labs (terrible in the ipad app), medications (is terrible in the ipad app), creating messages (they use a terrible task system), or finding ICD-10 codes (worst icd-10 search engine I have ever encountered).

Cons

Everything that was not note writing. If they would have shown all the other things you do in day to day practice during the demo, I do not think I would have got this software. The guy doing the demo talked about other EMRs causing death by a thousand clicks. Well this emr may not cause death by a thousand clicks with the note writing but everything else you need to do such as ordering labs, medications, billing, messaging, all take so much time that it eliminates any of the time saving in the note writing.

Hi Van, Thank you for reaching out. Your implementation specialist has been in contact with you and has set up your account to be ready for use. In regards to the difficulty, you have been having with our lab integration, our Head of Implementation Team was able to get in touch with you and is currently working with your team to come to a resolution. We look forward to working with you and thank you for your patience as we work with your team. Best, The DrChrono Team

AW

April W.

Medical Practice,

Great implemenation and service.

Pros

We are a non profit that also has a Low Vision Occupational Therapy and Optometry practice. It was already difficult to find a software that was able to work for both my disciplines but I found it nearly impossible to find a EHR that was able to accommodate my non profit requirements of gathering number of people in the household, yearly income, veteran status etc. I found this in Dr Chrono! They are truly a software company that writes EHR software. It is the best of both worlds. So far during my implementation process they have been able to find ways to make it work for me. I would definitely suggest looking at Dr Chrono if you have any special requirements for reporting or areas of your practice that might cross unusual boarders in healthcare like my OT/OD practice.

Cons

Right now we really like the implementation process. I am struggling on the fact that we have more than one type of practitioner.

LJ

Lisa J.

Long time user

Pros

The ability to change templates fairly easily is a nice feature. They constantly are upgrading the software features.

Cons

When you need a question answered it is by email most of the time. We have scheduled a call which is helpful

JV

Justin V.

I love Drchrono

Pros

Allows me to take patient records on the go! This is helpful when a patient has a question on the road

Cons

Sometimes hard to find different forms, etc. Sometimes my pin does not work so I have to use my full password

BF

BJ F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

When it work's, it is pretty good. When it doesn't (often) you are basically on your own...

The tech issues are frequent and incredibly disruptive. I've had one issue which had a significant impact on collections and revenue - and DrChrono would not offer anything more than their apologies. They don't stand behind their product or customers. Dr Chrono support is very slow to respond and often unhelpful when they do. They unfortunately lock you into a 1 year agreement, and anytime you want to add a provider or team member, they make you lock that in to the agreement as well.

Pros

Very well-rounded software. Scheduling and billing functions are very solid. Nice that it is web-based and it is relatively easy to use.

Cons

VERY frequent tech issues - including: changes to schedule or billing information not saving, errors in claims going out, sometimes not being able to log in at all. Software is also not very customizable. You have to adapt your workflow to them, they do not adapt or help tweak for you.

TM

Thomas M.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great EHR compatible with mobile technology

Pros

- A fully integrated EHR system that can be used as efficiently on a tablet as the PC. - Great customer service called 'health checks.' - Constantly updating software.

Cons

- Would like to see more customization and a revamp of the patient groups feature. Patient groups is a nice feature but it is not fully fleshed out. Please integrate custom column headers like a spread sheet.

JR

Jay R.

Review of program

Pros

Free draw , insurance payments / EOBs easy to work with , scheduling is straightforward. Formatting soap notes.

Cons

Not Chiropractic friendly. System is more designed for large hospitals. No ability to print statements or superbills per date range.

Hello Jay, Thank you for using drchrono EHR. We're happy to see you have positive feedback in regards to the overall functionality of our EHR for your specialty practice. We'd like to inform you that in the "Live Claims Feed" tab on web, you are able to filter by date range, select and print in bulk all the superbills you need. For patient statements you are able to organize your table by Last appt date, and select and print in bulk on the right side as well. We will have your account manager reach out this week to ensure that this information gets to you, and to address and resolve any other issues or questions you may have about our software. If you would like to reach out to us first, sending an email to accountmanager@drchrono.com is always an avenue for you.

AD

Artemio D.

Dr Chrono Review

Pros

The software replaces additional staff and performs great with lesser office staff!The ease with communicating with patients using the portal system, scheduler, bill payments, and the billing is fantastic.

Cons

I would like to customize options and have it match for pricing; using this software as not all features are necessary for my use of the software.

AW

Aaron W.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Would be hard to even consider switching to another platform...

Pros

Amazing ability to have all services in one program- billing, coding, scheduling, inter-practice messages and on top of that all, the customizable templates and assistance with such are invaluable. They too both increased insurance collections (through advice of billers on clinical documentation) as well as better time management.

Cons

I have had several ocassions where it was a challenge to get an individual on the phone due to the time zone change... They're based out of CA and I am in CT and I start early AM.

am

ann marie l.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Took a long tome to get setup and functional

Request for new features, like mass billing write offs are responded to with no.

Pros

Although no one feature is outstanding, I'd have to say the EHR. We have essentially created all our own charts based upon the multiple specialists we employ.

Cons

Customer support. On line chat is useless. Requests for support through tickets take a while. Language barrier?

LV

Luis V.

Best Software out there!

Pros

Having everything in one place. Beautiful aesthetics and works with the best platform iOS. The ease of finding clients and being able to use your smartphone to book appointments and make patients demographics is an amazing feature.

Cons

Have not have any issues with the software. I don't see what they can improve on since the software is already great.

YD

Youssef D.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

User friendly but major technical problems

Stay away from this EHR and any EHR with yearly contract. You won't be able to see the hidden problems until you try it for few months. Good EHRs usually don't have any major problems to hide and won't try to trick you into a long term contract.

Pros

User friendly (few clicks) Customization (especially notes)

Cons

- Eligibility verification wasn't working for the whole year, I had to use a stand-alone software. - Signing notes was almost impossible, it always gave me an error for ~10 min until it decides to let me sign and lock it, a lot of time wasted trying to sign notes. - Messaging patients through the portal was very difficult to follow, if you decide to reply you won't be able to see any message thread so you never know what was discussed prior. - Poor customer service, they never fix anything. They have a list of excuses.

Hi, We sincerely apologize for any issues that you experienced while you were a DrChrono customer. We continue to prioritize our technical growth and while much has improved, we welcome any feedback to ensure we stay focused on tje user experience. Thank you!

JT

Jeremy T.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Dr. Chrono has been a life and timesaver from the get go

time saving and ease of use are the best benefits. once I was up and running very little help is needed.

Pros

Apple and mobile device compatibility is so nice. Just click on drop down arrows and select. I like that I can book patients and reschedule patients when I'm out of the office as I am a small practice and doing a lot of marketing.

Cons

Unable to have the software send emails from our domain name so some people never read the message from drchrono.com. Wish the same features for Apple were available in Microsoft.

CB

Charlene B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Easiest EHR for front and back office

As easy for front office as it is for back. Easiest billing software. Set up billing templates and save tons of time.

Pros

Ease of use. Anyone who can use a smartphone can use drchrono. From scheduling to back office it is super easy!

Cons

Wish there was a phone number to call for support rather than just starting online. Sometimes would like to just start by talking to a person.

JD

James D.

Very intuitive. Easy to use. One of the more aesthetically-pleasing EHR's out there.

Saved time. Able to edit notes outside of the office.

Pros

Ease of use of the software. Customizable. Automatic insurance eligibility checks. I really love that the software is cloud-based, and is compatible w/ Macs, so I don't have to purchase additional computers. One of the more aesthetically-pleasing EHR's out there.

Cons

Not able to export claims as print images. You have to use their clearinghouse, which makes it difficult for me to use, as I am required to use a different clearinghouse.

MG

Michelle G.

It started out great

I would never ever use them again.

Pros

In 2012 this was a great product with amazing customer service and a great value for the money.

Cons

As the company grew, customer service decreased and quality with it. iPad only was reliable Lost data on the online version