Paycor Perform Reviews

Karen Borreson

Too many surprises

Reviewed 2017-03-03
Review Source: Software Advice

This product has many features that are fantastic, but as a new user (less than a year), I am still surprised on a regular basis by what it cannot do. There are many basic features that are illogical. New Hire documents can be uploaded to a library and included in the New Hire Onboarding process. Fantastic! There is no way to control the order in which the New Hire reviews those documents. New Hires onboard using their personal email address because they don't have a work email yet. Later, during a Benefit Open Enrollment, notifications can't be directed to their work emails but goes to their personal email address. A New Hire becomes active as soon as they complete the onboarding process, not on their Hire date. We found that out by paying a New Hire early. The custom template of instructions for Benefit Onboarding can't be saved; it has to be entered every time an Event is created. We have also had great difficulty with support. Lots of "We're sorry" and "You were dropped through the cracks". We have also been told, more than once, that it is our responsibility to make sure something is working the way it should. As a new user, we can't know what we don't know! Paycor isn't ready for prime time with this.Payroll, Benefits and HR are connected and changes in any field updates across the modules (assuming it has been set up correctly). Employees can update much of their personal and payroll information themselves, saving the Administrator time. Onboarding of a New Hire works very well and not having all that paperwork in a file is terrific. If you get support rep on the phone, they are fantastic to help.

Tami Wilcox

Payroll, Attendance Tracking & Benefits Made Easy!

Reviewed 2015-02-19
Review Source: Software Advice

It's hard to pick out a single thing. The ease of the payroll processing is so nice. I really like that I can access the employee record from the pay data grid. This gives the ability to view an employee's earnings and deductions, figure out what might need to be adjusted, make the adjustment right in the pay data grid, and recalculate the check! The time and attendance is a great tool for tracking time off and scheduling different leaves for our staff, and it's easy to make a change to the reason or day if needed. The HR piece of Paycor has simplified things for me in that I have changed our benefits to an online enrollment (fabulous). I've utilized the forms and documents section for a central location to refer all employees to, and the company news lets me put time sensitive materials on there. Paycor has been very easy to work with and extremely helpful. I like having a specialist for each piece of the product; I can call and present my problem without having to be passed to five different departments. They are prompt in resolving my problem and very courteous.

Tami Wilcox

Not just the product, the employees care!

Reviewed 2016-10-25

Paycor has exceeded my expectations time and time again. The customer service is fantastic! Having a dedicated specialist for each application makes things so easy when I have a question. This saves time on having to ask the question and risk being transferred to someone else. My specialists are always so kind and helpful, they are very patient and do all they can to help me. Paycor is also a company that listens to the customers. Not all companies have the same needs but with Paycor you have the ability to make suggestions for changes and they really do monitor these and make changes. Every quarter they have updates of things they have changed or improved. It is nice to have a company that strives to make it customers jobs easier. The software itself is easy to navigate and use. I have found the reporting feature to be of great value. I have several reports that need to be customized, this includes the order of the columns, adding formulas and sub-strings, to detailed employee information. My specialist helped me create a report for our workers compensation audit which saved me over 8 hours of work! I have also been able to customize reports that I need to run once a year, it is so nice to just be able to go in an hit "run report" and it's done. Paycor also saved me a lot of time and concern last year with the 1095 forms. My specialist worked with me to ensure all the information was correct and then Paycor took care of the rest. What a relief that was, I didn' t have to worry about missing any deadlines or mailings. If you aren't using a payroll provider or you are looking for a different one I would strongly encourage you to contact Paycor as they are definitely a top notch company!The ability to run custom reports, the ease of the software

Alison Betten

time saver and very user friendly!

Reviewed 2016-11-02

I have greatly enjoyed the features that Paycor Perform has to offer. Using this system, I have been able to save hours of work every week in my processing of payroll and maintenance of employee records. The system is easy to understand and navigate. Our payroll specialist has always been there to help answer questions and guide us through new processes. I also love all the reporting options that are available. I can customize and share reports with others in my department. I also love that I can schedule reports to run and e-mail out. The HR module has greatly helped streamline our benefit and and HR management. Employees are able to view and manager their own profiles, which again saves a lot of time. Overall, I have been very happy with Paycor Perform and the benefits it has provided to our company.Ease of use, accessibility, integartion between modules and some options for customization

Jennifer Smallwood

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed 2016-10-26

The online Paycor platform is user-friendly and intuitive. Anyone who has worked in any type of payroll environment would find the platform easy to navigate with very little instruction. There are features that I do find to be superior to ADP, the payroll service I have previously used. I like how the employees are organized and the ease with which I can navigate from employee to employee. I also like the payroll process itself and how pre-post reports are available much more quickly than similar reports were available to me when using ADP. Finally, and most importantly, the customer service\support is far superior to ADP. With ADP, there was a customer service line to call and you would be routed to the first available representative. Sometimes you would get a very helpful, knowledgeable person. However, sometimes you wouldn't. And you would never get the same person twice, even if you had to call in again regarding the same issue. So, you would have to waste time either explaining again or giving the rep your case number to look up and wait while they review case notes. And they were not allowed to provide their direct contact information; you always had to call the main number and take the representative you got. But with Paycor, you have a dedicated representative that you can reach via e-mail or phone. This saves so much time for everyone because they already know about your business and your payroll and can help quickly and easily. Also, if an issue you have had before arises again, you don't have to explain it all over again to a new person. I have only been working with Paycor for about 4 weeks now and I am already completely satisfied with my experience.Ease of use, intuitive, presentation of database information

Carla Houk

Paycor Perform, Time and Attendance, and ACA Reporting

Reviewed 2016-10-28

I have used several different payroll programs and Paycor is by far one of the best programs for small to mid-size companies. Your support staff is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Your ACA team walked me through the setup and import process. They reviewed my information and assisted me with any errors. They explained things as clear and concisely as they could in an area that the lawmakers are still trying to figure out. Emily Adkins is our current customer service rep and is fantastic!!! She has practical knowledge both from a user and support point of view. She has shown me other capabilities in the program that I didn't even know existed. The only area that I think could use some work would be in some of the features and functionality as well as the reporting. Since the upgrade last year, performance has dropped and it takes longer to generate reports. The program does not seem as stable as it was a year and a half ago. There is a lot of ambiguity in how some of the state taxes are calculated. I have been unable to foot your calculations to either the GA tax tables or their formulas. It is difficult to pull employee information for employees that were active any time during a time frame without including actual payroll data. Overall I think the product is great, your team is great and I would definitely continue using your product for years to come.Definitely the support and CSR team. The UI is pretty good too.

Tami Wilcox

Best product on the market!

Reviewed 2014-05-22

This is a great product! The ease of the system goes above and beyond my expectations. I love entering a new hire into the HR piece and everything is ready to go in payroll. There aren't a bunch of screens to go through, you scroll down and enter all information at once. Payroll is a breeze, we import from time and attendance, I'm alerted of warnings and a report of imported hours that may not match how an employee is set up. This is a huge help in correcting errors before the final import. Managing employees is simple, easy to find, update, and employees access their records. You choose what employees see and change, this helps with paper reduction. Last year was our first online benefits enrollment. My HR Specialist was fantastic helping set this up. We had some special rules; they helped me get it setup. Employees use Paycor to find information about benefits, plan details, coverage, contact info, websites, etc. This allows more time to focus on other areas of my job. It takes a little time to get everything entered and uploaded but worth it. The Performance Reviews were a little trickier, some things are required that we don't use, such as weights. You aren't able to pass this step unless something is entered, I¿d rather it be optional. I created a rating group and wasn't able to remove it. Our supervisors really like it, there is room for improvement, we¿d like employees to upload goals and achievements without having to rate themselves, if they don't do the self review it doesn't appear they can upload their information for the supervisor, but the supervisor is able to upload the information. I just started using the Recruiting section. I'm excited that to move to a paperless system for the supervisors to review resumes. I've only entered a few positions and the biggest drawback is I am not able to copy and paste the job description into Paycor. This makes the process time consuming to retype each one, but I like what I see with the ability to connect applicants to specific positions. Overall I really like Paycor's system and look forward to the changes and improvements they continue to make. They have a feedback system you can post changes you¿d like to see and you are able to vote on what others have entered. Having a different specialist for each part of Paycor is great; the customer service I get from them is outstanding! If you don't use Paycor you are missing out on making your life easier.

Jacob Smith

Horrible

Reviewed 2017-04-20
Review Source: Software Advice

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Most of their employees do not seem to even know how to use their own system. They made multiple mistakes costing us thousands of dollars. Customer Service either doesn't answer or cannot help you. And when we finally switched to a new company they locked us out of their system, and we have no way to get w2's to our employees. Absolutely horrendous service. On top of that, the system did not work because we had "too many employees". There were only a couple hundred people entered into it.None.

Tracie Lambright

Paycor handles it all and saves time and money for our organization!

Reviewed 2018-02-20

Paycor is a one-stop shop with our organization, it manages our time and attendance as well as all our payroll processing and handles all the payroll taxes and filings as well as employee W2's. It is easy to use, they provide exceptional customer service, and it saves time each time you process payroll! It is very cost efficient and allows you to focus on other aspects of your job because they handle it all!That it handles all payroll processing tasks, its affordable, and the customer services is phenomenal! They are always ready to assist you and they do so in a timely manner, you don't have to wait around for hours or days, they are ready immediately to handle all your needs no matter what and if they do have to get back with you, it is within a very small window of time usually with in the hour.

Katherine Sbrocca

Physicians Review

Reviewed 2016-10-25

I get frustrated with the service. I am a customer who pays you approximately 10K plus a year for service but does not use your tax service because we pay taxes when due and do not want to prepay them early with your service. Because of this representatives have told me they will not answer questions about the tax returns, which you prepare and send to me. I am a paying customer that deserves service and many times the responses I receive are unacceptable. Honestly, it depends on who I am talking to because I have found that I get different answers based on who I speak with. I am not a fan of the support I received at all. I asked paycor to modify the GL report and was told it could not be done. The GL report is a report designed for our company and specific to our company. The answer is incorrect and unacceptable. Any report should be modifiable as it is used for our purposes only.user friendly

Shirley King

Paycor All in One HRIS

Reviewed 2016-10-25

We switched from ADP to the Paycor platform 3 years ago and couldn't be happier with the decision to change. It was scary but Paycor was unbelievable through the whole process. We have improve our payroll processing time and accuracy unbelievable. We can run additional payrolls at any time ourselves, add new departments, job titles, etc all with no hidden costs and the immediate access for payroll journal previews make it a great platform. Paycor reporting is super easy to use and the ability to schedule reports to run daily, weekly, monthly is a huge timesaver. We took the leap and implemented carrier connection and Online Open Enrollment last year and couldn't be happier with the results. We also implement Self Service for our employees which our employees greatly appreciated. They now have access to their accounts and can make changes 24/7. Utilizing Paycor has streamlined our processes and improved us overall. We look forward to implementing more Paycor modules. Best of all their upgrades are based off our their customer feedback and suggestions. Ease of use and the great customer service.

Pam Norris

HR Administrator

Reviewed 2016-10-25

We use the time and reporting system for our non-exempt employees. We also have HR services. One of our challenges is employees are logging the PTO hours in HR, and we have to manually add them to payroll. It would be nice if there was a way to have these hours seamless integrate. With the recent FLSA changes we will be moving more employees to time cards. We have talked about using the app to allow employees to login, but I would need additional training. We also need to institute managers signing off on time cards. Can you tell me if the managers can view their employee dashboard?

Michele Coler

Paycor is a wonderful platform to work on and with!!

Reviewed 2018-02-15

We are able to pay our employees, capture wage history and tax information.Selecting Paycor was one of the best decisions we made! It integrates flawlessly with our QuickBooks application as well as our time entry system. The platform is very user friendly and allows for entry of all deductions, additions and bonuses as well as tracking all changes to pay rate. It also has a robust reporting system. The best part about Paycor though, is their friendly customer service department. They take care of any questions and issues right away and always follow up to ensure their solution took care of the issue.

Kate Leen

Paycor Perform Review

Reviewed 2016-10-25

The overall use of the platform is confusing and very inefficient. I have 3 different Paycor reps that I have to TRY to reach in order to troubleshoot specific issues. Whenever I have to make adjustments within the "Schedules" section on Time on Demand, I have to go into the "Benefits" section and make the same adjustments just to make sure the balances are correct and tie out to each other. This is extremely inefficient. Trying to set someone up as an approval manager within ToD is also very confusing and time consuming. The online reporting is difficult to use and more often than not, when I try to run a report, it fails and will not generate any data. I much preferred the old Paycor platform to the Perform platform. I wish none of the changes had been made. There is very little that I like about the software

Cory Puckett

Reviewed 2016-10-25

Paycor perform is a very intuitive and clean platform for payroll functionality, HR and ACA reporting. It is always improving and striving to be better. Customer service is great and one of the reasons I switched our company from ADP. I am assigned specialists that I can speak with directly. Every time I have spoken with a different representative, they have been helpful and never condescending like some help desk support. Reports are easy to navigate and build within the system. It was a very easy transition and I have been completely satisfied with Paycor for our payroll, HR and ACA needs. Ease of use. Customer service. Reporting and accuracy. Always improving and listening to customer feedback.

Betsy Gifford

Admin Controls Lacking, Not the Best Option for Non-Tech Workforce

Reviewed 2015-06-09
Review Source: Software Advice

The end-user interface is easy to use for those with an understanding of basic site navigation. Paycor is designed for SMB and handles employee related data easily without unnecessary or bloated modules. Having a combined product eliminates the need for expensive interfacing that requires ongoing maintenance. In addition, the ATS, Newton, is among the best solutions for the SMB market out there; simple, easy for managers to use and intuitive.

Samantha Cummings

We switched from ADP to Paycor and have never looked back.

Reviewed 2018-02-15

Great customer service. Great resources for help. It's user friendly. Everything is organized and easy to find. Anytime I have an issue, I email someone directly, they return my email within 15 mins. I've not had to call in over the phone but maybe once in 3 years. It's very easy to explain to our employees how to use as well.

Craig Severance

Certain features work great, but using the time & attendance not always easy

Reviewed 2016-10-26

While I like many of the features in Paycor, when combined with HR & Time and Attendance some of the features such as workflows in HR do not always sync every field. Using Time and attendance is not always easy for some of the employees and supervisors to use and the descriptions for a supervisor to approve a time card is "Locking" a time card not approving which adds confusion for some supervisors. Low Cost including HR, Certain reporting features are very helpful

Colleen Jakubovic

A Superior Product

Reviewed 2016-10-25

We transitioned from ADP to Paycor two years ago. Overall, I have found the quality of the product to be excellent - from the team responsible for the transition through the new and improved platform we use today - "Paycor Perform". Customer support is superior. Whether or not I reach out to our "dedicated" support specialist or just someone who is available when my specialist is busy, I get an answer quickly if not immediately via telephone call or email. Detailed screen shots and instructions are almost always included in Paycor's email responses, leaving little or nothing to the imagination. As a result, cases are quickly resolved and the documentation provided becomes part of my personalized reference guide. Every aspect of the Paycor platform has been well planned with changes rolled out over a period of time that allows users to become familiar before having to "jump in". For instance, not only did Paycor introduce training on the IRS/ACA employer mandated reports (Forms 1094 and 1095) well before the data collection period began, but they also assigned a dedicated specialist for this transition. This provided me with a level of knowledge and understanding that enabled a nearly effortless transition. I've found their training and their support to be top notch. We went from a time clock system which included binders full of documentation for missed punches and PTO requests to a web-based system that requires no paper documentation. In addition, the checks and balances that were once performed by one person (the Payroll Manager) are now allocated among several supervisors, which reduces the average payroll processing time and focuses employee time management responsibility back to the supervisors. Finally, it is important to note that these improvements have all been accomplished (with more to come as time permits) at a lower cost than that charged by Paycor's predecessor! A more satisfied customer will be hard to find!

Jean Bettman

Comfortable

Reviewed 2016-10-25

We have been with Paycor for several years now. We are approaching a steady count of almost 300 employees so the system makes it easy to process new hires and all that we need for payroll and ACA functionality. I do stress a little every time my account representative changes as we become comfortable with a particular individual and it gets difficult to adjust to the new...The really good ones seem to get promoted or moved and we get rookies and start all over... Overall, there are a few things in the Paycor system that could make it more user friendly, but overall is a very good system.Somewhat user friendly

Sue Gibson

Paycor equals User Friendly & Assistance when needed

Reviewed 2016-10-25

I've processed payroll for years and Paycor has been, by far, the easiest to use for a Payroll Specialist. If you aren't sure, you have access to Paycor step-by-step tutorials with screenshots for payroll and HR. If you still need assistance, you can contact a devoted payroll specialist via email or phone call. You can also ask questions to HR Specialists for those hard to find answers. Paycor offers so many ways to assist in day-to-day payroll and HR business such as handbook assistance, Onboarding, uploading certificates, uploading company documents, etc. WOW!! So much help available at your fingertips!!Assistance in all aspects. Paycor listens to the clients for ideas

J. Michael Bell

Control freak pleased with Paycor's performance

Reviewed 2016-10-25

As a former IRS agent who also taught employment taxes for the IRS I am quite happy with Paycor's ability to perform ALL of the payroll functions. I was a little hesitant at first to give up control because I NEED TO MAKE SURE everything is done right. But after being on Paycor for a year and a half I am very happy with their ability to do everything right. Taxes are properly calculated, payments are always made timely, and the payroll and quarterly reports I get are better than I use to do. It did take a while for all the set-up to get up to my expectations but the customer support staff was patient and understanding. Also some items there is a slight maze to get through but it is workable and overall I believe this payroll program is the best available and I highly recommend it. This Controller sleeps peacefully at night knowing our payroll is in good hands at Paycor.Comprehensiveness Accuracy of reports ACA filings

Amy Wheeler

Paycor Needs Streamlining/Newton ROCKS!

Reviewed 2016-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been using Paycor for about a year now. The ease of use is okay, but the product needs streamlining. All functional areas have limitations and feature enhancements are slow in coming.NEWTON (applicant tracking) rocks! Newton is definitely the best feature of Paycor by far! Newton is an extremely state of the art product and feature enhancements happen constantly to keep up with the demands of hiring.

Terri Jones

Paycor Review by Terri

Reviewed 2016-10-25

The payroll module is pretty straight forward and associates are able to answer questions and assist when we call with questions. The HR and ACA portion is not as easy to learn . We are not clear on how the contact for Client Support HR differs from the contact for Benefit Related HR questions . Is training available to come to our site? Once we added all the different compenents, it has been confusing to know who to call to help for what section . Lately we have felt like a ping pong ball bounced from one rep to another.We are able to make changes when needed on our end most of the time. On occasion it requires a Paycor Rep to manage changes.

Casey Downer

Paycor Perform has helped automate our payroll and HR functions

Reviewed 2016-10-25

We have been using Perform Time for over 2 years and love the software and customer support. Payroll and reporting is a breeze now! The quarterly updates always have added functions that provide a robust user experience. We added the HR module about a year ago and like this product as well. It still has a few glitches and some functionalities are scheduled for future updates, but overall the product is solid and fairly easy to use.Robust product Great updates Fantastic customer support