Paycor

All-in-on HR solution with HCM, payroll & timekeeping

Paycor Reviews

Jennifer S.

Tami W.

Best option for the price- I have looked all over and Paycor was by far the most affordable. I wanted as simple as possible and this was perfect.

Iwa S.

Cons

Lack of customer service, lack of follow-through from support staff to set up system, missing major components of software, lack of response when requesting assistance.

Shirley V.

Tracking and paying our Contractors/Consultants/1099NEC’s is still not working after several weeks and has cost us much money, stress, confusion, frustration and time.

Mike P.

Our "senior" implementation specialist was awful and did not fully set our system up.

Lauren B.

1,116

2,065 reviews

Love payday

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name is Paul. I'm an implementation manager at a manufacturing company and I give Paycor...

We are a 1,200 person company with many global offices. Newton was a perfect fit for our needs.

Recruiters now have more time to seek optimal candidates as they need less time in the platform to post jobs, schedule interviews, interact with hiring managers, etc. Newton does a great job in blasting out our job postings to the various job boards and tracks where our leads are coming from. Our job seekers have a much easier time with applying for jobs and since our business hires at over 40 locations internationally, having a simple job application process is key for getting applicants who do not speak English as a first language. The job listing integrates seamlessly into our company web site. All good!

Pros

Our previous job posting and applicant tracking system was quite old and the user experience for both recruiters and applicants was far from ideal. Newton greatly simplified the job posting process by integrating with Outlook for interview scheduling, allowing mobile feedback from hiring managers (so that they did not need to enter the platform if they did not want to), and having dashboards which...

Cons

The main thing that we did not like was that the analytics dashboards and tracking were all Flash-based, but that was updated in the most recent platform update, so now our recruiters do not have to worry about Flash plug-in issues. Otherwise, we are quite happy with Newton.

Great payroll software

I used Paycor for two years for payroll and time reporting. The system did very well. I would have stayed with them if their HRIS was better.

Pros

The time and attendance and payroll functionalities are fantastic. Easy to use for both admins and employees. Robust reporting features. Employee profiles easy to use. Able to track 401k loans by setting goals.

Cons

HRIS features were not as robust as other platforms. Document storage was a big downfall as uploads were only saved by date of upload. No customization at all. There was no ability to create electronic workflows for setting up/terminating access when multiple roles (HR, IT, Payroll, etc.) had parts to play in the process. My other dislike was my rep changed multiple times and I was not informed of the change. I would send emails with no response; finally call customer service (which took up to 2 hours to reach someone) and then to be told my rep changed.

Mostly positive experience with NimbleSchedule

Pros

In general, I am very happy with this product as the person putting together the schedules! It is easy to see when requests are put in, and it is nice that our nurses can easily pick up shifts and we do not have to deal as much with filling in open shifts. It is very helpful that we cannot double book an employee - I'm sure that has saved me countless times. I have had a good experience with Nimble for the most part.

Cons

Occasionally when our employees look at the month view of their schedule, the program switches days and patient accounts. This is the biggest flaw we have encountered. It is also sometimes a pain to enter shift times, though that is becoming less of a hassle as I am becoming more comfortable with the program. On holidays, it is great that they are all entered so we cannot forget what day the holidays...

Valuable Time Keeping Tool and HR Tool

I have enjoyed using this software compared to my previous digital timeclock in state government. That system was advanced, but too advanced. You almost needed a degree in HR management to use it. This is far more intuitive and easy to use. And it's accurate for tracking a plethora of reports.

Pros

Of the various time keeping methods I've been exposed too (from timeclocks to computer entry) in the last 30 years, this has been the most advanced system I have ever used. It also been one of the easiest to use. I have found no better system to input time or track my leave. The interface is intuitive and lets you do a variety things such as print your check stub.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is most accurate for time punching when you use a hard wired connection. I have found in several instances, that the time punch stays pending or finally records the punch an hour later when using Wi-Fi or mobile data (a phone). One our employees has had trouble from day one recording her time. We're not sure why.

Stuck with disappointment

I am very torn. I do like the system and feel like there are a lot of functions to take advantage of, however because the customer service is so poor I can not get help to utilize them to the full extent. Also I am disgusted by their billing department, I don't understand why I cannot get answers on what I am expected to pay for and why it changes each week. I honestly want to look for something...

Pros

I really like the payroll function of the software, it is very easy to set up and run payroll. Also the user side of things is very simple and available in Spanish.

Cons

Billing is inconsistent and uninformative, you ask questions and cannot get a direct or clear answer, I think it is very fair to be asking what I am paying for. Which then leads to the other worst function for this company which is customer service, I have been working on a billing question about delivery fees for over a month now, I have now had to ask 3 different people which include the sales people...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that you are enjoying your Paycor experience. Have a great day!

Best Payroll System

Our company was using ADP when I joined in 2016. I started looking for a new service immediately. Paycor is extremely user friendly. Managing employee records is faster, you can access reports quickly. Customer Service is outstanding! Very knowledgeable and friendly group of account specialists. Also the implementation process was smooth and I felt very prepared when we went live.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, payroll processing made easy and reports options.

Cons

While there are a ton of topics not everything in the HELP too not everything is to find. Once you do find what you are looking for there's a how to video which is helpful. I don't think it's easy to navigate the help guide. I also find that setting up new earnings/deduction codes could be easier.

Software is nice but beware....

Frustrating. Implementation was pretty much us holding their hands.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. Payroll processsing is (usually) a breeze.

Cons

Support is non-existent. We have had issues starting with implementation. The implementation team did not understand what we wanted and didn't set up the system properly. There were times when they did not even understand their software and how it worked (accruals). We have had 9 months of issues with payroll tax filings with Paycor.

Hi Tim - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. We understand and appreciate that the past months have not been easy, in fact it has been frustrating, please know our entire company is focused on righting the ship to deliver the customer support you deserve and expect. I can assure you this is 100% our entire companies focus from leadership all the way down.

Great app to be on the top of payroll related information

Gives me easy quick accessory anything related to payroll and employees information if need it. 24/7 access on the phone

Pros

Easy quick access to vacation sick hours, paystubs, employees information of need it. Very user friendly app.

Cons

So far I love it, only our hr department time to time can't keep up to update, but That has nothing to do with the app

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that Paycor is easy to use. Have a great day!

Lots of Headaches, Poor Support

Moving from paper onboarding processes, Paycor has brought clear improvements to our workflows. However, the consistently poor customer support and the Paycor team's lack of ability to resolve issues with our account has us exploring other options.

Pros

Scheduling - Pro version offers a team chat function that is a decently effective team communication tool (think simple Slack), and offers solid scheduling flexibility for employee scheduling that fits our business needs. We needed an option that allowed employees to communicate their availability on a week-to-week basis and Paycor's option largely supports that. Easy to learn - really, the system is pretty easy to learn and get up to speed for new users. Onboarding - certainly offered a cleaner and easier onboarding experience for new hire paperwork than our prior system.

Cons

Customer support - Support teams seem overwhelmed at all times. You never reach "your" customer service rep as they are busy serving 300 other clients like you. They lack follow through on completing tasks (expect to do some hand-holding) and follow up communication is poor. Integration - no real ownership from the implementation team to help us successful onboard. Communication from Paycor team...

Hi Andy, thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at paycorlistens@paycor.com. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Using but wanting more

Very good. We went from outsourcing to an accounting firm to brining payroll and those functions in house. It has been a bit bumpy but not necessarily because Paycor because we had to shore up or develop new processes to effective and efficient with HR functions

Pros

Paycor helps us manage core HR functions well. Looking forward to better benefits integration.

Cons

Doesn't always seem to work on phones when people need to clock in or out.

Great ATS gone silent

I absolutely LOVED Newton. I was introduced to Newton in 2016 at one company and loved it so much, I selected it for implementation at another company in 2018. The selection, evaluation and onboarding process was nearly flawless for a company that size and at the time, that new to an ATS. That company still uses Newton today. However, I hear that their calendar of improvements and upgrades have...

Pros

Ease of use for "non-recruiters" (end users) Templates Ease of application for candidates Clear and readable dashboard for all users

Cons

At the time I was using Newton- there were no issues. Their CRM was non-existent (maybe in play now), but we were told that texting and a more robust CRM were in play. Now- Unresponsive to an avid fan- never called me back!

Payroll software that meets business needs

Paycor has helped me become more efficient in process payroll, tracking time cards and running third party reports.

Pros

The report functionality is fantastic. I like having the ability to customize reports, this saves me a lot of time. I also like the ease of the software and the great customer service Paycor provides.! Paycor also continues to listen to customer feedback and make improvements.

Cons

I like all the functions of Paycor, this isn't anything I dislike but the onboarding doesn't really work for us since we don't hire on an every month basis. I couldn't justify the cost but if we did I would definitely use it.

Easy to use payroll software

I have been using Paycor for about 20 years and have been pleased with them since the first day I started using the software.

Pros

Paycor offers many benefits inside their payroll software package. The feature I value the most is the ability to track employee hours in different departments and set up each department in separate general ledger accounts. This allows me to easily transfer my payroll data into my financial software. This is a huge time saving feature for me. Whenever I need to call customer service, they are knowledgeable and address any issues I may have in a timely manner. I do not usually need to call for customer support because the software is so user friendly that under normal circumstances I can handle everything on my own. I do not even consider moving to another program because of the ease of use and affordability Paycor's software offers.

Cons

There is not really anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes I wish I could get by without having to use my mouse while entering my payroll but there are a few items on the screen that can not be chosen without switching from keystrokes to the mouse.

Excellent customer service, beautiful and easy to use (previous NimbleSchedule user)

Pros

We heavily depend on Ximble for our scheduling and time clocking system, and more for the latter. Ximble has features that other similar platforms do not offer which we mostly use: the automatic deduction of unpaid breaks in the payroll report, automatically generating timesheets/payroll reports, and the time clocking app for tablets and smartphones. The interface is beautiful, looks fresh and...

Cons

The switch from NimbleSchedule to Ximble wasn't as smooth as I hoped. I expected at least the bare minimum of having all NimbleSchedule features in Ximble and then more. I loved NimbleSchedule but there were issues that Ximble was able to fix so I'm not complaining! Every new software needs some adjustment period and I think I've overcome this and has learned to like Ximble so far. Because we heavily...

Excellent scheduling and employee management software

NimbleSchedule provides an excellent tool for business owners like myself to schedule employees and track clock-in and clock-out times. PROS: Features: They have a lot of robust features that allow us to run reports and have a snapshot of who was late or absent for each pay period, check what breaks employees are taking, etc. QR code time clocking: NimbleSchedule also offers the ability to...

Pros

Features: They have a lot of robust features that allow us to run reports and have a snapshot of who was late or absent for each pay period, check what breaks employees are taking, etc. QR code time clocking: NimbleSchedule also offers the ability to clock in and out with a QR code that employees have from their NimbleSchedule phone app. We printed each employees QR code and put it with their...

Cons

Only con that has negatively effected us is that there is no way to limit clocking in or out on a mobile device to a certain geographical area or based on IP address. They have this feature that only allows employees to clock in if they are on certain IP addresses in the desk

Overall, Nimbleschedule has been great

For a while now, the ability to track coverage for our EMS staff was a bit scattered. We never had problems with the actual scheduling -- we have a set schedule that pretty much never changes -- however it was becoming increasingly difficult to track when one person was covering for someone else's shift. It became a game of texting, guessing and questioning who was covering for whom." It was getting...

Pros

*Fairly easy to use - One you get a hang for what certain features do, it is very easy to use and a schedule can be set up pretty quickly. I can do a year's worth of scheduling for a dozen people in about a half an hour. *The app and web consoles are both very easy to interpret - Adding people to the schedule means I have to pay for them to use the app, whether they use it or not. The app and website...

Cons

*Inability to turn certain features off - Since our service relies on coverage, we cannot just request time off. The shift needs to be traded. I wish I could turn off the "request time off" feature so that it doesn't get used at all. *Positions do not automatically update - I have several members licensed at an MFR level. Last year I had 1, and this year will have more who's license will increase...

Good software solution with room for growth

Overall I think it is a great business solution and time saver. The information captured and stored is very helpful for reporting and I am able to instantly generate useful information. I also appreciate that they are consistently making improvements and evolving the software to best meet the needs of their clients. There are options available to make suggestions and follow them along the process of review through implementation.

Pros

We use multiple features within the Paycor platform ( payroll, benefits enrollment, time and attendance and reporting . I find them all to be helpful, although, some are better functioning than others. For payroll processing and new hire onboarding Paycor has been a great solution. All I need to enter upon hiring a new person is their name and email and the onboarding process is initiated. Our employee information is now more up-to-date and accurate not to mention the time that is saved with manual entry.

Cons

For us the attendant solution and customer support would be areas for improvement. We have a non-standard set up for time and attendance which causes some confusion and manual entry. Although, I typically can get a hold of customer support within a few minutes many times I find explaining our problem and getting it resolved takes several emails and can take days/weeks. Additionally I find having dedicated tech-support to be more cumbersome then general support. Most times I find our individual contact is not available and there is a decent amount of turnover making dedicated team members seem irrelevant.

Payroll, Attendance Tracking & Benefits Made Easy!

Pros

It's hard to pick out a single thing. The ease of the payroll processing is so nice. I really like that I can access the employee record from the pay data grid. This gives the ability to view an employee's earnings and deductions, figure out what might need to be adjusted, make the adjustment right in the pay data grid, and recalculate the check! The time and attendance is a great tool for tracking...

Cons

I would like to have the ability to create quizzes to send out to employees that can be tracked on their employee records. I currently use the surveys for some of this but wish there was more functionality with the surveys. We are now using the performance review portion, and I wish there was a way to exclude the weights since we don't use them, although I did find a workaround.

Not just the product, the employees care!

Paycor has exceeded my expectations time and time again. The customer service is fantastic! Having a dedicated specialist for each application makes things so easy when I have a question. This saves time on having to ask the question and risk being transferred to someone else. My specialists are always so kind and helpful, they are very patient and do all they can to help me. Paycor is also...

Pros

The ability to run custom reports, the ease of the software

Overall a Helpful Product For our Business

I really like the Perform HR. Also, whenever I have to call the support team, they've always been very friendly and helpful.

Pros

I like that each employee has their own profile where we can store all of their information including performance reviews, disciplinary action, compensation information...everything is right there that I need for the employee. It's pretty simple to use, too.

Cons

The Time and Attendance feature was most challenging for me to learn and navigate, but once I got it, after numerous calls and emails from support, I understand it better and it's fine. Figuring out how to run reports was most challenging for me.

Newton Applicant Tracking System has it all

Newton is feature rich. After six months of using the product, I've still only scratched the surface of what it can do.

Pros

The program allows the user to create a job posting from scratch or to modify existing ones. There are numerous templates for job posts or emails that can be used out of the box or can be modified and personalized. Newton has agreements with Indeed, LinkedIn and Glassdoor and job postings can be automatically posted to these sites for free. It also allows for posting directly to the company's employment...

Cons

While the system is rich in features, the menus are not intuitive. There can be multiple menus on a page and it can be difficult to navigate to a feature you are looking for. I find myself spending a significant amount of time in the 'Help' section.

time saver and very user friendly!

I have greatly enjoyed the features that Paycor Perform has to offer. Using this system, I have been able to save hours of work every week in my processing of payroll and maintenance of employee records. The system is easy to understand and navigate. Our payroll specialist has always been there to help answer questions and guide us through new processes. I also love all the reporting options that...

Pros

Ease of use, accessibility, integartion between modules and some options for customization

Cons

There are areas of reporting and employee record set up that I wish i could customize more. also, we tend to have disruption in our scheduled reporting when there is a Quarterly Update. Also, the implementation process was bumpy at times in terms of time frams and communications, but at the end we were very happy with the product

Great Product

We have been able to better track our payroll and labor allocation. It integrates with our benefits program and cuts down on input. Audits go smoother with the reports that we are able to generate; both the pre-made reports and the report generator. I was a little aprehensive when I came into this position. It was quite abruptly and with little training, but I have come to really like this program and it makes my job run a little smoother.

Pros

The product is easy to use. They have great tutorials to help you with areas you are not familiar with. If you need to call in, the customer service is exceptional. They are always friendly and work to the resolution of the call.

Cons

Navigation between the areas is a little rough. There are times that I have to maneuver to another area for information and once the information is obtained, I have to maneuver back to the area I was in. If all the areas could be interconnected that would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful to designate hours and pay to a department. Currently, all hours and or pay have to be allocated to the different departments.

Paycor Perform is my first system of this type

Aside from the following issues, I've had some very friendly & helpful service. I do not have other experience with programs/companies like this to compare functionality/quality so it is really difficult for me to discern some of the ratings. 1) Some people in the same departmental/hr vs t&a vs payroll areas do things differently so if your rep is busy and doesn't respond to your e-mails for a week,...

Pros

Almost always receive friendly helpful service. There are many options for customization. Mostly an easy to read and use interface.

Cons

If you don't set it up, some of the additional benefit/functions are very difficult to understand. I often have trouble setting up various items and would like to have a preview/test button before I share something to everyone, etc. The "OK" button after punching in/out is causing many double punches from people pressing Enter on their keyboards. Many employees complained for the lack of insight & instruction to the changes on this when they were made and do not think this particular interface is user friendly.

Paycor

Overall it is good software. It does have some areas that just could be better. I believe with a little time these issues could be addressed and corrected. Making the software very valuable to any company.

Pros

This software is good for tracking available hours for vacation and time off request. Also it allows employees to access their tax information electronically.

Cons

I dont like that this software doesnt provide the user with much information on how to use it. You pretty much have to teach yourself how to navigate the program. Which is fine but can be very frustrating. Also if you forget your password you only have 3 attempts to get it right or you will be locked out of your account. Then you have to contact the administrator to reset password. Its great security but very inconvenient for the user especially if you need to access your account immediately. It usually takes days of waiting to get the administrator to complete the reset.

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at paycorlistens@paycor.com. We hope you have a wonderful day.