Paycor Logo

User ratings

4.4

2.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.41/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Best option for the price- I have looked all over and Paycor was by far the most affordable. I wanted as simple as possible and this was perfect.
Tracking and paying our Contractors/Consultants/1099NEC’s is still not working after several weeks and has cost us much money, stress, confusion, frustration and time.
Lack of customer service, lack of follow-through from support staff to set up system, missing major components of software, lack of response when requesting assistance.
Our "senior" implementation specialist was awful and did not fully set our system up.

Paycor users...

BambooHR

Paylocity-logocaret
+ 2

Paylocity

How would you rate Paycor?

2,295 reviews

Zontrey T.

Technical Director

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

An okay system for employees

Transcript

Zontrey T.: My name is Zontrey, and I'm the technical director at a local church, and I would give Paycor...

Would have been a Great Product!

Transcript

Whitney: Hi, I'm Whitney. I am an HR specialist. I give Paycor a four out of five star. For more reviews,...

Link Business Strategy with Individual Objectives, Measurement and Performance Reviews

We wanted a system to easily allow us to execute our Business Strategy through the OKR mechanism and link these to our individual Performance Planning and Review for staff. 7Geese fits that bill.

Pros

7Geese makes implementing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) in your business fast and efficient. It compliments this with integration to Performance Reviews and other feedback mechanisms to create a holistically mechanism to integrate Business Objective setting with staff alignment and engagement. It's simple to use and the interface is fast.

Cons

OKRs are a great way to set goals and align staff. Initiatives, which are the strategic steps to get to the Objective, need to be understood and tracked. 7Geese does not have a mechanism for this yet. If it did, it would be almost perfect. It would also be great if the software had better 'at a point' reporting on OKRs, so that more traditional static monthly status reports could be generated.

Handy Sign in Tool

Overall, I've had very little trouble with Paycor. I am able to log in successfully especially if I am close to WiFI. I am also able to take time off and print my pay stubs with ease. I also like having the option to print my W2s at tax time. I wish there was an offline capability to log in so once you did come near your work work WiFi, it would clock you in at your original punch time.

Pros

Clocking into work by phone is as modern as it gets. Just a few clicks and your logged in for work. You can still do it by desktop (a good option if your phone is out of order or has a dead battery), but the phone is still more convenient. It also shows your location, proving you were at work or very close to it should doubts arise.

Cons

If you're an area where your mobile data and your work WiFI dont' reach (deadspot), it can be hard to log in. You either miss a punch or you get the "circle death" and app locks up.

Paycor is fine

The time clock apps are buggy, and the admin side is slow and sometimes clumsy. But it works well enough that we can get by and it is not too expensive. I'm sure there are better products available, but Paycor is fine.

Pros

It mostly works as it is supposed to. Things like direct deposit payroll and onboarding are simplified by using Paycor, and they are pretty good about managing the tax side too.

Cons

Getting support is difficult. Long wait times on the phone every day. When we did have a tax issue, I could get no phone support and was told to send an email to the tax research team. The tax research team told me to wait 90 days for a response. Bizarre.

Would have been a Great Product!

The Reps within Paycor were great, always willing to answer and were always helpful. They did put alot of pressure on upper management. I really preferred this system over others but I was not the one who made that choice.

Pros

I loved the ease of the product and versality of it. It felt very easy to use, straight forward and simple. Unfortunately, the upper management felt pressure to sign on and so they ended up choosing a different system. Even though this was my preferred system.

Cons

Nothing, the software was great! I had no issue while learning the system.

PAYCOR - Great tool for all employers!

10/10 would rate Paycor as the most useful human resources software resource there is. I don't remember my life before Paycor at work! It's terrific! No real complaints!

Pros

It takes all the work away from the employer or staffer and puts it entirely in the hands of the employee. The responsibility to retrieve the most accurate information is now on them/up to them. It's great.

Cons

The invitation to register a new employee expires after a certain amount of time goes by. Just inconvenient to have to resent it to them again later.

Guess what day it is…. Payday

I haven’t really had any problems with pay or! The app is functional. It’s pretty simple to understand. I mainly used it to see how much I would be paid on payday!

Pros

The app was easy to use. I liked how our w2s were on there each year. I liked the circle graph of what went where from your paycheck.

Cons

I forever had to change my password, and that was not a easy task let me tell you. The app would have been so much better if I was able to see my hours throughout the week. Instead of just seeing how my paystubs.

Good product

My experience has been very positive overall. Employees love the desktop product, though find the mobile app functionality limited. Paycor is improving their report writer, so I am hopeful that custom report generation will improve.

Pros

The product is easy to use. Employees love it. Payroll administration is easy and efficient.

Cons

The report writer is limited regarding date range options. I have found that support staff give inconsistent answers to my date range issues. Paycor has just launched a new report writer that seems to be an improvement.

Paycor-a leading human capital and payroll software

I have no complaints yet besides all I have stated.

Pros

I like the fact that it can integrate with other software especially QuickBooks which is widely used worldwide . The mobile application of allowing employees to actually clock in when they arrive via their wifi at work or a location that is nearby is actually a very good idea this irradicates the point of lying to your employer.

Cons

The tax compliance in each country is different and this has to use plugins or integrate with other software to be used in some countries.

Paycor

Pros

Very easy to use. Many standard reports that are easy to access.

Cons

Like any new product it does take some time to learn but once learned, no issues.

Simple but complicated simultaneously

Pros

The main screens make simple tasks quite easy to figure out and take care of. PTO is right there, main account/profile information is right there.

Cons

When it comes to some of the advanced features, it's more difficult to navigate. Getting into things like benefits and goals and evaluations seem to be in some very odd locations. Clicking and searching around, eventually they are found, but not right on the main page.

Great payroll software

I used Paycor for two years for payroll and time reporting. The system did very well. I would have stayed with them if their HRIS was better.

Pros

The time and attendance and payroll functionalities are fantastic. Easy to use for both admins and employees. Robust reporting features. Employee profiles easy to use. Able to track 401k loans by setting goals.

Cons

HRIS features were not as robust as other platforms. Document storage was a big downfall as uploads were only saved by date of upload. No customization at all. There was no ability to create electronic workflows for setting up/terminating access when multiple roles (HR, IT, Payroll, etc.) had parts to play in the process. My other dislike was my rep changed multiple times and I was not informed of the change. I would send emails with no response; finally call customer service (which took up to 2 hours to reach someone) and then to be told my rep changed.

Stuck with disappointment

I am very torn. I do like the system and feel like there are a lot of functions to take advantage of, however because the customer service is so poor I can not get help to utilize them to the full extent. Also I am disgusted by their billing department, I don't understand why I cannot get answers on what I am expected to pay for and why it changes each week. I honestly want to look for something...

Pros

I really like the payroll function of the software, it is very easy to set up and run payroll. Also the user side of things is very simple and available in Spanish.

Cons

Billing is inconsistent and uninformative, you ask questions and cannot get a direct or clear answer, I think it is very fair to be asking what I am paying for. Which then leads to the other worst function for this company which is customer service, I have been working on a billing question about delivery fees for over a month now, I have now had to ask 3 different people which include the sales people...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that you are enjoying your Paycor experience. Have a great day!

Great tool for managing OKRs, 1/1's, team feedback

Overall - great - use it daily and track a lot of my people related things in 7Geese.

Pros

7Geese is a great solution for many things - particularly managing OKR's which is what was our driving motivation in moving from another provider to 7Geese. There are a few items which would make reporting easier, but for the most part, the OKR process is really easy and very dynamic and functional. I also manage my 1/1 agendas through 7Geese and this is generally a pretty straightforward way of...

Cons

As noted above - reviews are clunky without an easy way to do 360's.

Great ATS gone silent

I absolutely LOVED Newton. I was introduced to Newton in 2016 at one company and loved it so much, I selected it for implementation at another company in 2018. The selection, evaluation and onboarding process was nearly flawless for a company that size and at the time, that new to an ATS. That company still uses Newton today. However, I hear that their calendar of improvements and upgrades have...

Pros

Ease of use for "non-recruiters" (end users) Templates Ease of application for candidates Clear and readable dashboard for all users

Cons

At the time I was using Newton- there were no issues. Their CRM was non-existent (maybe in play now), but we were told that texting and a more robust CRM were in play. Now- Unresponsive to an avid fan- never called me back!

Payroll software that meets business needs

Paycor has helped me become more efficient in process payroll, tracking time cards and running third party reports.

Pros

The report functionality is fantastic. I like having the ability to customize reports, this saves me a lot of time. I also like the ease of the software and the great customer service Paycor provides.! Paycor also continues to listen to customer feedback and make improvements.

Cons

I like all the functions of Paycor, this isn't anything I dislike but the onboarding doesn't really work for us since we don't hire on an every month basis. I couldn't justify the cost but if we did I would definitely use it.

Best Payroll System

Our company was using ADP when I joined in 2016. I started looking for a new service immediately. Paycor is extremely user friendly. Managing employee records is faster, you can access reports quickly. Customer Service is outstanding! Very knowledgeable and friendly group of account specialists. Also the implementation process was smooth and I felt very prepared when we went live.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, payroll processing made easy and reports options.

Cons

While there are a ton of topics not everything in the HELP too not everything is to find. Once you do find what you are looking for there's a how to video which is helpful. I don't think it's easy to navigate the help guide. I also find that setting up new earnings/deduction codes could be easier.

Easy to use payroll software

I have been using Paycor for about 20 years and have been pleased with them since the first day I started using the software.

Pros

Paycor offers many benefits inside their payroll software package. The feature I value the most is the ability to track employee hours in different departments and set up each department in separate general ledger accounts. This allows me to easily transfer my payroll data into my financial software. This is a huge time saving feature for me. Whenever I need to call customer service, they are knowledgeable and address any issues I may have in a timely manner. I do not usually need to call for customer support because the software is so user friendly that under normal circumstances I can handle everything on my own. I do not even consider moving to another program because of the ease of use and affordability Paycor's software offers.

Cons

There is not really anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes I wish I could get by without having to use my mouse while entering my payroll but there are a few items on the screen that can not be chosen without switching from keystrokes to the mouse.

Excellent customer service, beautiful and easy to use (previous NimbleSchedule user)

Pros

We heavily depend on Ximble for our scheduling and time clocking system, and more for the latter. Ximble has features that other similar platforms do not offer which we mostly use: the automatic deduction of unpaid breaks in the payroll report, automatically generating timesheets/payroll reports, and the time clocking app for tablets and smartphones. The interface is beautiful, looks fresh and...

Cons

The switch from NimbleSchedule to Ximble wasn't as smooth as I hoped. I expected at least the bare minimum of having all NimbleSchedule features in Ximble and then more. I loved NimbleSchedule but there were issues that Ximble was able to fix so I'm not complaining! Every new software needs some adjustment period and I think I've overcome this and has learned to like Ximble so far. Because we heavily...

Excellent scheduling and employee management software

NimbleSchedule provides an excellent tool for business owners like myself to schedule employees and track clock-in and clock-out times. PROS: Features: They have a lot of robust features that allow us to run reports and have a snapshot of who was late or absent for each pay period, check what breaks employees are taking, etc. QR code time clocking: NimbleSchedule also offers the ability to...

Pros

Features: They have a lot of robust features that allow us to run reports and have a snapshot of who was late or absent for each pay period, check what breaks employees are taking, etc. QR code time clocking: NimbleSchedule also offers the ability to clock in and out with a QR code that employees have from their NimbleSchedule phone app. We printed each employees QR code and put it with their...

Cons

Only con that has negatively effected us is that there is no way to limit clocking in or out on a mobile device to a certain geographical area or based on IP address. They have this feature that only allows employees to clock in if they are on certain IP addresses in the desk

Overall, Nimbleschedule has been great

For a while now, the ability to track coverage for our EMS staff was a bit scattered. We never had problems with the actual scheduling -- we have a set schedule that pretty much never changes -- however it was becoming increasingly difficult to track when one person was covering for someone else's shift. It became a game of texting, guessing and questioning who was covering for whom." It was getting...

Pros

*Fairly easy to use - One you get a hang for what certain features do, it is very easy to use and a schedule can be set up pretty quickly. I can do a year's worth of scheduling for a dozen people in about a half an hour. *The app and web consoles are both very easy to interpret - Adding people to the schedule means I have to pay for them to use the app, whether they use it or not. The app and website...

Cons

*Inability to turn certain features off - Since our service relies on coverage, we cannot just request time off. The shift needs to be traded. I wish I could turn off the "request time off" feature so that it doesn't get used at all. *Positions do not automatically update - I have several members licensed at an MFR level. Last year I had 1, and this year will have more who's license will increase...

Good software solution with room for growth

Overall I think it is a great business solution and time saver. The information captured and stored is very helpful for reporting and I am able to instantly generate useful information. I also appreciate that they are consistently making improvements and evolving the software to best meet the needs of their clients. There are options available to make suggestions and follow them along the process of review through implementation.

Pros

We use multiple features within the Paycor platform ( payroll, benefits enrollment, time and attendance and reporting . I find them all to be helpful, although, some are better functioning than others. For payroll processing and new hire onboarding Paycor has been a great solution. All I need to enter upon hiring a new person is their name and email and the onboarding process is initiated. Our employee information is now more up-to-date and accurate not to mention the time that is saved with manual entry.

Cons

For us the attendant solution and customer support would be areas for improvement. We have a non-standard set up for time and attendance which causes some confusion and manual entry. Although, I typically can get a hold of customer support within a few minutes many times I find explaining our problem and getting it resolved takes several emails and can take days/weeks. Additionally I find having dedicated tech-support to be more cumbersome then general support. Most times I find our individual contact is not available and there is a decent amount of turnover making dedicated team members seem irrelevant.

Payroll, Attendance Tracking & Benefits Made Easy!

Pros

It's hard to pick out a single thing. The ease of the payroll processing is so nice. I really like that I can access the employee record from the pay data grid. This gives the ability to view an employee's earnings and deductions, figure out what might need to be adjusted, make the adjustment right in the pay data grid, and recalculate the check! The time and attendance is a great tool for tracking...

Cons

I would like to have the ability to create quizzes to send out to employees that can be tracked on their employee records. I currently use the surveys for some of this but wish there was more functionality with the surveys. We are now using the performance review portion, and I wish there was a way to exclude the weights since we don't use them, although I did find a workaround.

Paycor Review

Overall, very positive experience. Website timeouts are an issue, but the ease of use is a good trade off.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to onboard users. Very straightforward. Non-technical folks can use this product easily.

Cons

Integration options are somewhat limited. The site often times out and time cards have to be manually adjusted often.

Not just the product, the employees care!

Paycor has exceeded my expectations time and time again. The customer service is fantastic! Having a dedicated specialist for each application makes things so easy when I have a question. This saves time on having to ask the question and risk being transferred to someone else. My specialists are always so kind and helpful, they are very patient and do all they can to help me. Paycor is also...

Pros

The ability to run custom reports, the ease of the software

Overall a Helpful Product For our Business

I really like the Perform HR. Also, whenever I have to call the support team, they've always been very friendly and helpful.

Pros

I like that each employee has their own profile where we can store all of their information including performance reviews, disciplinary action, compensation information...everything is right there that I need for the employee. It's pretty simple to use, too.

Cons

The Time and Attendance feature was most challenging for me to learn and navigate, but once I got it, after numerous calls and emails from support, I understand it better and it's fine. Figuring out how to run reports was most challenging for me.