Fresha Logo

Fresha

Online booking platform for beauty and wellness businesses.

Fresha Reviews

4.9

1.3K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.59/10

Reviews by rating

Brilliant great managers that keep you on track to make sure you are optimise all the features that are constantly being updated.
It makes my business run more efficiently, at a higher profit and a seamless experience for my clients. Everything about this system just works, the team have done an excellent job.
I like that it’s an easy program to use with great functions that are improving all the time.
The customer support service is terrible - I have had payments taken from clients that have not been transferred to me causing cash flow problems.
You will also be manipulated and pressured and lied to to get you off the free system and onto the payment system.
Even though your no show fees could end up paying for the fees, if you do not have any no shows a lot of your earnings are then left to pay for the fees.

1,391 reviews

AB

Adam B.

Commercial Manager

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

This Software Revolutionized Our Business.

Transcript

Adam B.: Hi, my name's Adam. I'm the commercial manager for Botanicals Limited and Botanicals Bake World...

Michael K.

President

Retail, 1-10 employees

THIS software is shaping up to be THE SALON SOFTWARE YOU WANT in your establishment

Transcript

Kenyon M.: Hello there. My name is Kenyon, and I'm a beauty and hairstyling professional and a serial...

EDUARDO O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, reliable and very robust.

This platform has allowed us to expand considerably thanks to the marketing campaigns that we can do through our website and facebook pages integrated into this application, in addition to allowing us to make reservations online, another highlight is the inventory control that we have been able to make with this tool, in addition to payments, is a very comprehensive program that offers great functionality, facilitating and optimizing the management of the business, so the team will improve their productivity and efficiency, thanks to the commands made in Shedul. Thanks to this tool our business has grown rapidly and has managed to consolidate in the market and earn the trust and satisfaction of our customers.

Pros

Shedul is a web platform that has a mobile application (iOs and Android), has a very friendly interface, does not require learning curve, its design is very effective and elegant, allows to centralize all aspects related to the administration of a beauty salon, integrates features such as web site customization, booking appointments and recurring appointments, management of employees, inventories.... This efficient tool is accessible from any device, anywhere and at any time via the Internet. In addition, it has a very complete free version and more functional business plans.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this program is very robust, complete and effective, has a high rate of customization, is well structured and offers excellent results.

KM

Kat M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Fresha is INCREDIBLE

Fresha makes running my business so much easier. All the features I use are just so easy and sleek. The booking calendar, reminders, payments, stock taking. The customer service is second to none.. any issue or query is answered so quickly and always resolved.

Pros

The booking system is so easy to use, I love every feature. Booking, confirmation, payment, reschedule.. the holding card details

Cons

That I can’t sync it to my google calendar

Mary P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Not Recommended if you want to receive your funds

Honestly, I could deal with the cons and find suitable alternatives because it was so easy to use. Analytics were great and my staff loved the system. The turning point occurred when I enrolled in their payment processing. I submitted all required information and received a message that everything had been verified. Payouts began the next day and were deposited into my bank account without issue. A...

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to implement and use on a daily basis.

Cons

Unable to create and send client intake forms or customize client confirmations or rescheduling of appointments, thank you’s, marketing texts etc.

Hey Mary, so sorry to see this review but pleased to see you're still using Shedul. I can see that you've passed all of the essential security checks so we can continue with regular payouts and payment processing. Verification checks are legal security requirements rather than Shedul's requirements but it's ultimately better to be safe. Now that you've passed, you can process payments as usual :) We're sorry it took longer than expected but we would appreciate it if you would update this review to reflect how you've used all of Shedul's features for the last 2 years and continue to do so. Thank you for all of your support and feedback

JB

Jess B.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Pros

Honestly the customer servicethey reply quickly with screen captures so I actually know what I am doing

Cons

Things changed and I wasn't sure where to find the features where they used to be

JJ

Jess J.

The Best

Pros

This program is so easy to use, it has all the correct reports easily available.

Cons

The only thing that is a slight inconvenience it the inability to customise reminder text messages and notifications that are sent out to the clients.

KS

Kellisha S.

Poor customer care

Horrible can never reach anyone $200 balance that 90% should not be charged for

Pros

Nothing. Dishonest company. Can never talk to a real person to get things resolved. They charges things by fraud

Cons

Dishonesty. Charge for things they should not. They book fake appointments to collect 20%. They charge for existing clients. Too many glitches and always an excuse like the owner is using links incorrectly. So they have a link that no mater who schedules from it, we are charged 20% I’ve emailed 5 times in a week and have asked for someone to call and have yet to get a response

AV

Andrea V.

Retail, self-employed

Great addition to my business

LOVE

Pros

It is extremely user friendly for both myself and my clients. It updates me immediately when someone books an appointment. I researched several different applications before I decided on this one. After using it for a while I feel like I have definitely made the right choice. I have already recommended this product too many of my colleagues and plan to do so in the future. It's a great addition that makes my job much easier.

Cons

Some of my clients like text message reminders when it's time for their hair cut. This way they do not have to think about it and I make sure they are in on time. I would love 4 to 6 week automatic reminders for certain clients. Honestly, this would be my only suggestion. Everything else is well-thought-out and thorough. This company has literally thought of everything.

TL

Tracey L.

Amazing

Pros

A very efficient and effective online cloud based booking system, we get amazing feedback daily from our clients on how easy it is to use, it has practically reduced our no shows to zero . Great for the whole team , great for rebooking clients and the appointment reminders are brilliant.

Cons

I think the updates need to be updated quicker.

AP

April P.

Amazing Scheduling App

Great user-friendly system and features. Amazing app!

Pros

Recently switched the Shedul as it offers more features that my previous app didn’t have such as categorized services when online booking, colour-coded services, daily reports, inventory, analytics, etc.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to also have a 1hr text reminder along with the 24/48hr e-mail reminder. My clients really appreciated that feature my old app provided.

HB

Hannah B.

Simple and Brilliant

Pros

I used shedul in my past job and found it easy to use for basic bookings so I decided to use it for my own business, it is extremely easy to set up and for me it was a tad more tricky as I work in 7 different salons on a monthly basis so it’s not a Mon-Fri roster! However if shedul didn’t have a feature I thought would be handy within a few hours of sending an email I had a response with a brilliant solution, Each time I can’t figure something out or I’ve been wracking my own brain the customer service team comes back really quickly with a step by step explanation on how to sort my issue! Seriously the best experience I’ve ever had with customer service in any industry!

Cons

I would like the option to choose my appointment times eg. 9am, 10am not 10:15 etc

Jz

Jose z.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Discriminatory pricing

Frustrating.

Pros

It promise easy enrollment and easy to use for clients.

Cons

I was really disappointed at the pricing of this software. You would expect to pay the same as any one using the software but I was been charged way too much just for a booking system. Fresha charges a percentage of the price of the appointment even if you don't want or need to used their card processing. So if another similar business to mine is charging lower prices they would pay less for the same usage. I try to talk to them but all they wanted was to push me to use their card processing "to see the benefit". This kind of pricing should be illegal. A business prices should not have anything to do with the pricing of the booking services. Fresha need to select a price for their services and not charge based on the business' prices.

TW

Ted W.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Spa Management and POS software that will be LOVED by Spa Owners and Managers who implement it!

Many, if the company will be doing such a great job, in near future Shedul will be the Spa Management software to go! My wife spa is very customer oriented and this software allows us to accommodate our customers request much easier, quicker and with fewer errors. I love it!

Pros

There are many areas of this software that I really like (even now, when the software is limited in certain functions BUT, it is continuously updated with new functions. In a year or so it will be the best software that is available to manage spas and salons. And, it might be the software of choice for spa managers and owners due to the fallowing few reasons: Ease of Use, multi-platform compatibility,...

Cons

Right now the application does not have the interface to setup a merchant account (Credit Card processing) though they are working on it and it should be ready in the next few months. You can setup two different tax tables (sales and service) but in the reports so far there is no specific report that you can calculate a sale tax. Never the less, you can manually calculate it since there is a report...

SC

Sarah C.

Thanks Fresha and team

I think I’ve said everything at the top. I do feel the positive change in going with an app. I don’t know how I managed without it. I know there may be other apps about, but I’m happy with the pay as you go that Fresha do.

Pros

Before Fresha, I was using a pencil and an book. Clients had to call by phone to book an appointment or send a message through social media. On my day off, I would carry the book with me and divert calls to my phone. This wasn’t great if I was out and about shopping or just having a needed switch off /quiet time. I can honestly say that going online with Fresha, has changed my business. Clients can...

Cons

If there’s anything I’m not sure about, I feel I can get in touch and ask. I’m not so keen on the card payment device. It’s a bit slow and clunky. Also- with the no show- sometimes people clear their account so you can’t take the payments they owe. I don’t think there’s much you could do with that. I would like the client info to merge better for people who one week book in with their maiden name of Scott and other times decide to be ‘oh.. is it under the name Wilson?’ And have 2 different client a counts ..or use different emails.

RT

Rina T.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Realized they were stealing my tips!!

What started off free, became low fees, then they became high fees, and now I’m feeling like they are robbing me by stealing 20% from my tips and ge tax. I initially recommended this app to so many of my friends and businesses in the industry and left a stellar review for them. Currently looking for another system I can switch to.

Pros

Easy to use, somewhat customizable. Has an app and is also usable online.

Cons

*Fresha takes a 20% “new client fee” on top of the 20 cents and the credit card processing fee. They say it’s for clients who found them through the fresha app but none of the clients I’ve asked actually found us through them. In fact no one even knew what fresha was. * They take the 20% new client fee from the TOTAL AMOUNT CHARGED TO THE CLIENT. This means the GE TAX & TIPS TOO!!! I confronted them...

SB

Sashana B.

Used other for less than 6 months

Very Simple and User Friendly

I am a freelance makeup artist who has been searching tirelessly for a scheduling app that can make booking easy, track my clients and their appointments, and accommodate discounts, gift certificates and group and appointments. My experience with Fresha has been great thus far, and I don't see myself moving away from it anytime soon.

Pros

First, Fresha is really easy to use and the layout of the software is quite beautiful. All the symbols and labels are found to the left of the screen. They're clearly visible, they're accurate and are easily distinguishable from each other. Also, The process of setting up and creating your booking website is very simple and straightforward. There really is no need for a tutorial of any kind. However,...

Cons

I like Fresha, but there is one main feature that is missing. There is no option to create or incorporate add-on's for appointments when booking. Add-on's are offerings which clients may desire to receive and pay for in addition to their original booking. Those other offerings are charged separately, but their incorporation may not necessarily lengthen the service time. To incorporate add-on's, you have to create a whole new service and incorporate those extras as options, or calculate the actual total after having sent the client an invoice through Fresha. So, the client cannot get their true total initially if they want to add any other options to their service. There is definitely a need for the 'add-on' option, as its absence is really felt in a great way.

NR

Narelle R.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

poor customer service - actually NO customer service

Frustrating and dissapointing.

Pros

its easy to use and free and at the time I was lucky enough to get a response from someone when I made enquiries, however a couple of years down the track and you get zero support and zero response.

Cons

its slow and when its not working you cannot get hold of ANYONE to help you. No contact number, no tech support, no virtual assistant just send an email and wait for NOBODY to respond to you while your clients cant book online and your business loses money by the second. Frustrating. I would rather pay for a platform that can actually assist you rather than a free one that leaves you hanging.

Hi Narelle, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with Fresha. We're glad to hear you find our software simple and easy to use. We're sorry to hear you're unhappy about the support you have received. Our Help Centre is packed full of handy help guides and useful tips that may provide a quick resolution to your query. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, our Partner support team is available to answer your queries via email 24/7, including holidays. Our response time can vary during busy periods, but we aim to respond to every query we receive within 24 hours. If there's anything else we can help you with, get in touch at hello@fresha.com and we'll get back to you as quickly as we can. - Team Fresha

HQ

Helena Q.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

My Search For Software Ends Here!

My over all experience has been a complete pleaser. I am completely cyber challenged, seriously, this is the first Software program that I've ever been abke to use with such confidence. I love it!

Pros

I love EVERYTHING about this Software! I'm in my 50's, yup old school, always felt I was one of those hard to teach an old dog new tricks people. But I downloaded the free version of Shedul, a bit intimidated I played around with it adding my products & sevices etc... very simple to do. I finally got up the nerve to actually start booking clients... but also continued to use my old appointment book...

Cons

There's really nothing that I don't like. I see there's an email you can set up to send clients promotional offers etc. I have to look into that, I'm not sure if it comes with the free version. The only thing more I would like is perhaps an occasional email update from the company to give me tips or provide info about other features that Shedul can do to make running my business easier. Otherwise NO complaints. If an old dog like me can use it with confidence, anyone can.

Kevin P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Avoid Fresha

Poor. I was over £400 down from using Fresha (16 appointments unpaid for)

Pros

The Fresha Website looks nice and easy to use.

Cons

Trialled Fresha for a few months. Previously used Treatwell. Wanted to set Fresha up to allow for appointments that were pre-paid. This is no possible. Instead had to set it up where customers had authorised card details. This is where Fresha fails as a booking system. Of the 28 appointments booked through Fresha we were only able to charge 12 of them. 16 appointments booked through Fresha were unable to be charged for.

Hey Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear that our service did not satisfy your expectations. With Fresha, clients are never charged in advance as we've found that charging upfront deposits or fees can discourage people from booking. Clients are charged after their appointment at checkout. If a client cancels late or doesn't show-up, you can charge...

Bernardo F.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Doesn't work for most hair salons

Overall, when there is an actual way they can help you, you get a straight answer but when you have an issue with a feature that they don't have, you get emails back with answers not related to your initial question. I'm guessing also that this app is made by developers who haven't consulted with salon owners and it shows.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Interface is well designed.

Cons

Does not work for all hair salons! You cannot choose two service providers we hen clients book online. E.g.. One of our staff is a stylist and her clients visit other colourists in the salon for their colour. You can't book two separate people so the client is forced to make one appointment at a time which is frustrating for them. Also, they haven't set it up so you see when the next available time or day is so the client has to check day by day to find an available spot which is also annoying for them.

Sorry to see this, Fernandez. Actually, we have 40,000 Salons using us globally, have won Most User-friendly, Most Popular and Most Affordable for 3 years in a row, so the team definitely know what they are doing ;) The Support team spent a lot of time responding to your emails and finding solutions for your very specific requests. If we don't have a feature, of course we'd try and find a solution for you, and if not, it would be added to the to do lists. You're welcome back anytime but we wish you luck with your continued search :)

Heather W.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Looks good on the surface- but cumbersome- NO CUSTOMER SERVICE other than email which is only occasssionally answered

I do not understand all the glowing reviews. This is a Buggy program with little customer service. Definitely a hassle. Won't let you do some basic things a med spa needs.

Pros

Price point Visual is ok Theoretically some features that are nice (but often awkward to use)

Cons

Customer service is HORRIBLE. NO PHONE to call anyone. They don't always respond to emails and when they do it's never the same person so ongoing issues are difficult to resolve. The demand screenshots even when you adequately described the issue and it is easy to u understand- this is frustrating when it's intermittent (like it doesn't want to integrate the credit card payment) They deploy new features, but it is difficult to utilize them sometimes as the instructions are vague.

Scammed by Fresha

Fresha is taking over a fifth of our earnings and not responding to our messages.

Pros

System is pretty easy to use however Fresha has scammed us by placing a book now button on our website which sends customers to fresha.com marketplace to create a Fresha account and take more than a fifth of our earnings. Fresha is not replying to our messages.

Cons

Fresha put a 'Book Now' button on our website that directs customers to Fresha com marketplace. This means every new client we get, which is most of them being in a tourist place, have to create a Fresha account and we get charged 20%. In effect Fresha is taking more than a fifth of our earnings! They are yet to respond to our messages.

AB

Adam B.

Fresha Changed the Capabilities of our Day Spa

It has been revolutionary for our business and allowed us to offer our clients exactly what they need and want.

Pros

Fresha has the ability to do everything you need.- Memberships- Vouchers- Bookings- Offline Bookings- Data/Analytics & Reports- POS- Payment Terminal & Wallet

Cons

- The inability to connect Mailchimp via API

MS

Maro S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

It is most comprehensive scalable cloud based solution for any salon, wellness or similar business.

It is most comprehensive scalable cloud based solution for any salon, wellness or similar business operations. It is easily integrated into existing web site application or Facebook page making it one of the most important parts of the business operations and all aspects of it.

Pros

It's most comprehensive solution for managing all aspects of the business. Cloud based scalable and easily integrated into existing web site application or Facebook makes it one of kind. Having privilege and pleasure to use it from the day one of starting our salon business I could not imagine running a business successfully without Shedul and it's valuable support team being core part of the business and deserving credit for the considerable success of Touch of Thai Massage and Spa in Dubrovnik. Croatia.

Cons

Making mobile number verification scripts can be challenging for any software company and the number of mobile phones globally makes this more complex with every day.

Hey Maro thank you so much for the review!! Can you please verify your email address with Capterra, so your review can be displayed on our page? Thanks again! :-)

LB

Linda B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Best ease of use and awesome Customer Service!

Manageability of my entire booking system and inventory control. I not only have a finely tuned booking system where clients can make and manage their own bookings; I also have a system whereby I can calculate exactly how much each client visit costs ion real terms.

Pros

I worked for Microsoft for 13 years, have their tattoos all over my body, have my Office 365 subscription... In other words I am fully 100% Microsoft. Microsoft has introduced a new product, which I get for free, with Office 365 called Booking. I was super excited as I thought I could move off Shedul and have nothing except Microsoft running in my environment. WRONG!!! Shedul is in every way a superior product. Microsoft, I still LOVE you, but Shedul kicks your Booking App. Shedul is by far the best product out there!!!

Cons

Only con is that I cannot process Credit Card payments and send directed marketing from the app. But I believe the Credit Card facility will be introduced soon. To be honest it was easy enough to export my database and do a mail merge for my directed marketing.

JM

Jorge M.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Appointments, scheduling and notes | An all-in-one no-brainer app

Pros

First of all: FREE! Second: Complete! Third: take notes, upload pictures which is great for before/after pictures or medical exams, prescriptions, etc. Fourth: Patient notifications by e-mail and SMS... is that enough?

Cons

I'd love to be able to edit the SMS reminder. I love the fact it has Portuguese as a language, since I'm based in Portugal. HOWEVER, the fact that it uses Portuguese from Brazil (as if that's even legit) is annoying. Words like "gerenciamento" and "oi" on a reminder for a health appointment in Portugal shouldn't exist if you want to look professional :(