GetResponse Logo

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.15/10

Reviews by rating

It is a great tool for email marketing filled with the required features like analyses and reports, segmentation, automation, etc. It is very nice looking and easy to navigate.
What i like most about this tool is that it provides me with the best email marketing services and great features for building my email lists effectively.
GetResponse is my favorite EMS by far. The software is fairly easy to use and for what you can't figure out they have tons of options and outstanding customer service to learn and get trained.
I cancelled my subscription and after a month they activated without my consense and charged of 95.
After numerous communication with the company, we found out they moved us to a "bad" server/IP address which triggered the recipient inbox spam filters.
When we asked for them to refund our payment due to our inability to use their system they refused, citing terms and conditions.

RS

Rebecca S.

Owner

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

GetResponse Review: Simple, Great Pricing & All Around User Friendly.

MP

Michael P.

Owner

Music, 1-10 employees

Solid, By Not My Favorite Lead Generation Software

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name is Michael. I'm a small business owner. I'm giving GetResponse a three out of five....

Favour N.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

All in one marketing automation software for businesses

I've really had a lot of great experience with this software, it is my most preferred software for creating landing pages, websites, forms, funnels, autoresponder, marketing automation, basically all my business needsI highly recommend this software to all businesses either startups or big brands. Very nice software

Pros

I love practically everything about this software but some of the major things I love about this software is1) I love the UI design of this software, everything is organized and it is very easy to use.2) I really love the landing page builder, it is easy to understand, no complications, everything is self explanatory. I also love the fact that there are various landing page templates to choose from.3)...

Cons

I don't really have much I dislike about this software except for the fact that the free plan is allowed to create just one landing page, I really wish it could be increased to 2 or 3

Hi Thanks for writing a review. We're so glad you're loving the GetResponse platform and our email marketing features! Justyna

DW

Deanne W.

Get Response Autoresponder Review -The Tool For You In 2022 And Beyond

My overall experience so far has been very good. There is a wide range of templates to choose from for your emails which makes it easy to design your emails with more confidence. I really like the software and it meet my needs as a small business except the no telephone support. Overall I recommend GetResponse as a trusted platform that provides high email delivery rate to your subscribers.

Pros

1. I liked most with GetResponse is the delivery rate. They consistently score a higher deliver y rate than most other platforms and it is good the know that the emails are reaching the intended clients. 2. For a beginner, it is easy to use the different components especially when setting up an autoresponder campaign. The steps are logical and easy to setup plus produces a more sophisticated and easier to segment your email list. 3. The free plan can be used to test the platform and tools to decide if this is the right platform for your use before you commit fully. The free plan works with up to 500 subscribers and give access to a wide range of tools.

Cons

1. The biggest drawback - there is no telephone support. Even though there is a live chat feature, there are instances where it is easier to troubleshoot a problem over the telephone instead of live chat.

Hi Deanne! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. We appreciate all the detailed feedback because it helps us improve! -Taylor

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001-10,000 employees

THE SERVICE IS SIMPLY UNRELIABLE

5. Landing pages don't work on Internet Explorer and it takes 3 to 5 seconds to load them on Google Chrome (for one second you can see a landing page with original ugly fonts which is one of the software bugs I guess) 6. During our first meeting I specifically asked [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] if customization is available for registration pages. She said yes. Later we found out that we can only use...

Pros

Nice e-mail marketing tools and wide choice of templates.

Cons

We purchased MAX account for 3 months. 1. During our first meeting sales representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] "forgot" to mention that the minimum contract period is 3 months not 1 month as we initially planned to use MAX account for only 1 month. She dropped this information on us during our second meeting and we had to go with 3-months contract because of the schedule. 2. After we signed...

Hi there. I do apologize that you had these experiences with GetResponse. If you would like me to look into this further for you, please email me at social@getresponse.com. -Taylor

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

GetResponse is a solid alternative to MailChimp

Overall, our experience with GetResponse has been very positive. It is critical to segment your marketing tools from your back-end dependencies (MailChimp owns Mandrill!!!) and GetResponse has helped us succeed on that front without negatively impacting the end-user experience.

Pros

GetResponse is a quality platform that has been very reliable with the design and delivery of our marketing emails. I really like the way that the emails look when they are delivered, and the level of control that you have over this within the platform. I don't think the User Interface is quite as intuitive as MailChimp, but the quality is just as good, the prices are more competitive, and the customer service is great. Any time I have a question, I can get a member of the GetResponse team in Live Chat to navigate me through it.

Cons

The ability to analyze data is severely lacking in GetResponse. MailChimp allowed exports of all email campaign data into Excel so you can manipulate and analyze data as needed, but for whatever reason, GetResponse doesn't do this. It is a very significant shortcoming (which I have also addressed directly with their support team).

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

I Got A Great Response

I think get response is an ideal means to have a central area for campaigns. My company is vital and I enjoyed how I could obtain all of my tools to reach every aspect. The customer support was excellent, I never had any issues that couldn't be fixed. Each time, the staff was extra prepared to help me thru email! Thanks GetResponse!

Pros

Sending an email is a great tool to announce something quickly, and look good doing so. There are lots of handy features to do business online. Everything is together, so it's simpler than doing each of these things individually. You can create landing sites, which is crucial if you want to have a straightforward campaign. The integration with WordPress, Salesforce, and Shopify makes this campaign even easier to manage, and everything is in one spot. You can likewise have integration with SMS and I really enjoy that function, CTAs all day!

Cons

I guess I would have loved better phone support but I never had any major problems

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear your enjoying the platform and that our customer support team has been helpful to you. - Abbie

RB

Richard B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

GetResponse is a good option for e-mail marketing

Pros

I like the functionality of their lead capture and the templates for e-mail marketing.

Cons

I've mad major deliverability problems in the past and also when they make changes the "legacy" forms or e-mails you have created are hard to continue to use. Customer service is okay, but not great.

Hi, Richard! Thank you for your review. We are happy that you appreciate the lead capture functionality and our email marketing templates. We're genuinely sorry to hear about the past deliverability issues and your customer service experience, as these are top priorities for us. I have shared your feedback with the team so we can continue to improve. - Mariana

Stephen R.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

I hate marketin - but GetResponse makes me smile as I do the job I hate!

I love it, what can I say, I'm happy to pay the low price for using such a great marketing solution. Everything in the one place - whats not to like?

Pros

The well-laid-out interface with the help of videos when if you need them means that getting started and becoming a professional in the marketing quality production stakes is easy.

Cons

OK, so there are some features that I would like to have included in the lower and middle options, in other words I'm focused on my marketing budget and want more still for the same price!

Hi Stephen, We are so happy to hear you are loving GetResponse so far! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. - Abbie

Jacob E.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Best Email Marketing Software for Affiliate Marketers

If you’re an affiliate marketer and want to get started on your email campaigns quickly this is the best software out there. They have super easy set up and their automations are easy to build. They’re of course seamlessly integrated with all the other known Lead capture tools as well.

Pros

- Super easy set up - They allow affiliate marketers to use their software for emailing relatively cold leads. Big win! - Great customer service - Decent affiliate program - Relatively is expensive for many contacts

Cons

- There was no free option - It doesn’t let you open multiple tabs of same instance for easy copying and pasting -

Education Management, 1-10 employees

10/10 Cust. Support. Superb featurers BUT "zoho" and "wordpress genesis" users beware

Good marketeers in their team but the techies are not on par

Pros

10/10 for 24*7 customer support! All marketing features are TOP-notch

Cons

For me, the love-hate in the "zoho-getresponse-WordpressGenesis" triad was a pain. Got us de-motivated and 2 months behind schedule and finally (Against our desire) to use custom programming!

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have shared this with the team so we can continue to improve. -Taylor

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

GetResponse: Solid Software

Overall really solid product.

Pros

GetResponse is relatively easy to use with lots of useful features. They have automations and templates that make it easier for users who are not as techsavvy. It's a great software for it's value. The chat feature it provides for a website is wonderful. Has an app on the phone which makes it easily accessible.

Cons

The landing page and forms are not as easy to use.

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback and have shared it with the team so we can continue to improve. -Taylor

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Compliance Department Astonishingly Harsh

Get Response compliance department treated us with an inexcusable heaviness: We'd been using GR for years. Things went well. It was time to build a new segment. The new emails bumped us to the next $$$ level. So, we used 'pay up front discount' (BIG mistake). We emailed the new list. Got some negative tics, due to some less than perfect hygiene on our part. Enter the disciplinarians:. Get Response...

Pros

Did seem to deliver. Gave decent tools for building newsletters. Liked several of their features. Landing pages feature is good.

Cons

There's no easy way to add one email to several categories at once. Example: You have one a customer email. You want to place that email in three segmented lists (which happens quite often). Unfortunately, you have to enter that same individual email THREE times. It felt to me that Get Response was stacking the deck in their favor with this non-functionality. You have to put in more emails, you...

CM

Corrisa M.

Cutting-Edge Without the High Price Tag

Overall good experiences with GetResponse and I've used them for over 10 years!

Pros

GetResponse is on top of the industry - they know what features customers want and where the trends are going.

Cons

They could allow more third party websites tracking links on their landing page builders. Right now it's very limited.

Hi Corrisa! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We really appreciate your feedback and the fact that you have been a customer for 10+ years. I will be sharing your feedback about third party website tracking links with the team so we can continue to improve. -Taylor

EL

Emil L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

GetResponse: An Advanced Email Marketing Tool with Unmatched Features

I have used GetResponse and have generally been pleased with the service. Its user-friendly interface, which makes it simple for me to navigate and use the platform, is one of the aspects of GetResponse that I value the most. A great opportunity for me to evaluate the platform and determine whether it suited my needs before committing to a paid plan was the 30-day free trial. My email marketing efforts...

Pros

I can honestly say that as a GetResponse user, I've been very happy with the service. GetResponse's user-friendly interface, which makes it simple for me to navigate and use the platform, is one of the features that I value most about it. When I first signed up for GetResponse, I also made use of the 30-day free trial, which was a fantastic chance for me to test the software and determine whether it...

Cons

I've used GetResponse and found it to have a few drawbacks for my email marketing campaigns. One of the main problems I have with GetResponse is that there is no free plan available, which can be a problem for companies with tight budgets. Additionally, I discovered that complete automation is not offered at the basic plan level, which disappointed me because I was looking for an email marketing solution...

Hi Emil Thank you for writing this detailed review, we really appreciate it. We're so glad that overall you're enjoying the platform, though we did want to make sure you knew about our free plan: https://bit.ly/3JwCKae Be sure reach out to us if you have any questions on this! Jack.

Joe W.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Get-Response Customer Review Nightmare!

Pros

BEWARE! DO NOT USE GET RESPONSE, and here’s why.Note, we are about to enter a lawsuit with getresponse cause they are attempting to continue to charge us $2000 EVEN AFTER we canceled 2 months ago but thats not even the worst of it....We used getresponse for about 2-months before realizing we had to call it quits. We spent thousands of dollars in time and lost email potential migrating to getresponse...

Cons

The main is the poor deliverabilty and their audacity to try to charge even after not using their service.

Hello, Whilst we're sorry that you had a negative experience with us, after reviewing your case we found that the issue was caused by the incorrect use of our software after being provided with specific guidance on how to resolve this issue. While we understand this may have been frustrating for you, we strive to provide clear and comprehensive guidance to all our customers. Justyna

Internet, self-employed

Longtime GetResponse User

One of the best parts of GetResponse is the customer service. I am one who likes to get on the phone to discuss a problem. But they have it set up where you're routed to a live chat. I was resistant to use this format but everyone I've ever worked with when I've had a problem has been courteous and very, very knowledgeable. Without exception, we've been able to go back and forth on chat and resolve my issue. So, while I do not like live chat, it has worked like a charm for my GetResponse account.

Pros

I like having an email service where I can house all my contacts. GetResponse allows me to maintain multiple lists. There are tons of templates where I can compose any kind of email I can imagine. All the emails I've ever sent are maintained as templates that I can re-use or study for their analytics. I can go into sent emails and see who opened which emails and who didn't open them. I pay for the service based on the number of active email addresses I have in the database. And, if anything ever happens to my site or my social media outlets, I always have my list to take with me wherever I go.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how they handle their billing. It seems the bill date moves every month. It makes me think I'm paying for 13 months in a calendar year instead of 12. I also don't like how they do their count to determine billing. For example, an email address on 3 separate lists counts as 3 separate contacts. So, you may not have hit their limit for billing with the overall number of addresses you have on file. But, segmenting your lists and having the same email address on multiple lists may put you over your count and move you into a higher billing tier. That may not bother you but for me, I am often scrubbing my lists for inactive email addresses to make sure I'm not paying for someone who never opens my email.s.

AA

Alex A.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

They're a constant disappointment

They were a great company and a great service. They still are somehow. I believe the vision of this company is still great. But the execution is poor, to be honest. The reason I talk about them as a company is that your email marketing provider is SO CLOSE AND PERSONAL with your business, once you know how to use it and make it your primary way of generating sales. It's becomes crucial to be able to rely on them. I hope they get better.

Pros

Good value for money. Good ideas from management (I suppose), good choice of features.

Cons

- Poor execution of new features - Poor user interface - VERY POOR transitions between versions of the platform: features break, processes you build might break as well - Poor coding and testing: if you use it professionally, you know that you can't rely on it. (ex: draft emails break, email templates break, fonts break, text size break, etc... they work at first then break for some reason) - VERY...

Andrea R.

Internet, 1-10 employees

some important features are missing

Pretty good but as I said up to a certain level. For more professional uses I'm thinking of changing software

Pros

The best thing about this software is the ease of use. Even for those who are not very experienced, they have the possibility to use a good professional software for sending emails

Cons

When using these types of software at a more professional level, I believe it is essential to have detailed analyzes possibly on a single page of a contact's activity. Instead on this software, many data must be recovered from different points and in some cases are completely missing. Basically we send emails to customers and what we want to know for each customer is what and when we sent an email,...

Manish Singh B.

GetResponse: The All-In-One Email Marketing Solution

GetResponse is a reliable and comprehensive email marketing platform that offers a wide range of features and tools to help businesses build and manage successful email marketing campaigns. From a user perspective, the platform is intuitive and easy to use, even for those who are new to email marketing.Its drag-and-drop email editor makes it easy to create visually appealing emails, and the platform offers a variety of email templates to choose from. Its marketing automation tools are also powerful and can help businesses automate complex workflows to save time and improve the efficiency of their email marketing campaigns.

Pros

GetResponse offers a user-friendly and intuitive interface that makes it easy to use even for beginners. The dashboard is well-organized, making it easy to navigate and access the various features.It provides a comprehensive set of email marketing tools that include email templates, landing pages, webinars, A/B testing, and marketing automation. These tools make it easy to create and launch effective email marketing campaigns.Powerful marketing automation feature that allows you to create complex automation workflows that help you streamline your marketing efforts.It has a robust landing page builder that allows you to create landing pages quickly and easily. The platform also offers a variety of templates to choose from, making it easy to create high-converting landing pages.

Cons

Its pricing plans can be more expensive than some other email marketing platforms, particularly if you have a large email list, which could make it less cost-effective for some businesses. Otherwise, all is good on GetResponse.

Hi Manish Singh, Thanks for writing a review. We're so glad you're loving the GetResponse platform and our email marketing features! Justyna

MD

Mayank D.

Computer Software, self-employed

Best All-in-One Marketing Platform for Every Online Business

Get Response really helps me to set up and scale my online business. I started it as an affiliate marketer and managing my business through it. It easy and simple to use. If you are non-technical, just like me, no need to worry about it. Their customer support team always guide at every step. I really love their sales funnel feature and my conversion rate boosted by 200% by using one of their ready-to-use template having a high open-rate.

Pros

1. It's pretty user-friendly. Further, tons of tutorials are available on every tool to guide you on every step. 2. The Basic Plan is cheaper than many of its key competitors whilst offering just as much even more functionality. 3. Further, you can start your FREE 30-day trial without providing any card details which helps online marketers who are just starting their journey, giving them a decent amount of time to learn & understand the platform. 4. I like its integration feature the most, connects every popular e-commerce site including Google Analytics. This feature really helps me to connect to an e-commerce site like Shopify and prepare an email marketing campaign.

Cons

1. Difficult to navigate between multiple opt-in. 2. Webinar attendees limit of 100 in "Plus " plan. Required to increase it.

Hi Mayank! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I have shared your feedback with our team so we can continue to improve! -Taylor

BW

Bay W.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

If you want great expericne in email marketing then use GetResponse!

It was a great experience, and I plan on using it again once I hit a good profit amount in my business.

Pros

The two things I loved the most about GetResponse is 1- The design and how easy to use and how highly functional.2- Their customer service around the clock is unparalleled.Whenever I needed technical help with my email automation or anything else in the system, I would get immediate help from GetResponse with the highest customer service satisfaction.

Cons

The pricing! It is a bit too expensive to use email automation, especially if you're at the beginning of your online business journey. However, I still highly recommend it, especially if you are already making high profits from your business, because it's the best software for email marketing, in my opinion and experience. It makes your work so much easier.

Hi, Bay! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so happy to hear that you found GetResponse user-friendly and loved our customer support. We're here to keep up the good work. Should you ever have more feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. - Mariana

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Email Marketing Features

Pros

GetResponse provides a comprehensive set of email marketing tools, including customizable email templates, drag-and-drop email editor, automated email sequences, A/B testing, and advanced segmentation.

Cons

While GetResponse offers a user-friendly interface, some advanced features and functionalities may require a learning curve, especially for users who are new to email marketing or automation platforms.

Hi, Thanks for writing a review. We're so glad you're loving the GetResponse platform and our email marketing features! Justyna

Janice W.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Small Business, eLearning and Marketing Users must try

Get Response is used mainly for landing pages and workflows (aka Funnels). Very very handy and eMail AutoResponders have been implemented easily. You can save templates that you use over and over again and just adjust minor things for different applications or products/services. Love the workflow that has abandoned cart and options of what to do if an email is read or not and waiting time to...

Pros

Get Response gave me a very smooth and cohesive introduction to all the elements of email Marketing and Campaign Management. It simplified so many buzz words I have heard for years and is still doing amazing things for my clients too who are new to email marketing and campaign management. Ease of Use and Great UI Extremely useful for Branding your eMail Campaigns.

Cons

More tooltip text or hints , like a small hover box with information. Also, clicking on the blue smile is apparently the home key that gets you back to the beginning, that is not clear and a tool tip hover box or some other 'accessibility' method would be useful. Other than that, I really do like Get Response as a mid-range eMail Campaign Management CRM The Webinar did not always work well.

AK

Anuj K.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

GetResponse Best Email Marketing Software To Target Business Leeds

We are working in digital agency and we have lot of projects of digital promotion and leads generation. We Work for client separately and have to create multiple email campaign for business leads using fresh email data. GetResponse is best software for email marketing. We can create campaign and create list easily. It provide advance option to design page template and send emails directly to customer. All templates in GetResponse are mobile friendly. Overall GetResponse is good solution for business sales.

Pros

GetResponse is perfect solution to grow your business customer. We can easily increase business sales for our clients projects. GetResponse gives advance option to set multiple email campaign and targeted to bulk users directly. We can import and export emails list in our campaign easily. We can select multiple email template and customize email template by drag and drop option. Server of GetResponse is very fast and secure to send emails. We can easily track all emails and check response easily.

Cons

No problem face during use of GetResponse for our client business. It's useful to grow business by targeting customers in multiple countries.

Hi Anuj, we're thrilled to see that you've had such a positive experience with GetResponse. We love helping you and your customers reach your marketing goals! We'd love to learn more about the results you've been achieving with us. If you'd be interested in sharing them, please contact us at social@getresponse.com, so we can showcase your company in our communication. Thanks! - Maria

Lu Wee T.

Affordable Premium Solution for E-mail Marketing and Autoresponders

I use GetResponse for my business site. It's been a great experience so far and I'll continue using it for marketing.

Pros

I've been a customer of GetResponse for the last 3 years and I'll continue to be for the foreseeable future for the following reasons: - Great price - GetResponse is a powerful marketing tool with a suite of features that makes it competitive with more expensive solutions out there - Autoresponders - this is a must-have marketing tool these days. GetResponse's highly-rated autoresponder features were...

Cons

I've been building my mailing list with the old interface and while a little ugly, was pretty intuitive to use. The new interface is a bit hard to get used to. I love the software, but I hope the new interface becomes easier to use! Also, while GetResponse is great for marketing most products, but it's not yet equipped for heavy e-commerce.

JF

Jennifer F.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Comprehensive Analysis and Evaluation: Features, Performance, and Effectiveness

Overall I will remain a forever user of GetResponse It has everything I need and more and at an affordable price.

Pros

User-friendly interface, accessible for users of all skill levels. Provides a wide range of email marketing tools and features. It includes a drag-and-drop. Top-notch automation capabilities. Can host webinars directly within the platform. With a wide range of third-party tools and platforms. Just so much more.

Cons

While they may offer automation capabilities, it may not be as advanced or robust as some of its competitors. While GetResponse does offer integration with a variety of third-party tools and platforms, its list of integrations may not be as extensive as that of some other email marketing platforms.

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your fantastic review of GetResponse. We're thrilled that you find our platform user-friendly with a wide range of email marketing tools, including top-notch automation capabilities and webinar hosting. While we acknowledge your feedback on automation and integrations, we are continuously improving to meet our users' needs. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to providing you with exceptional service. Best regards, Abbie