Bloomerang Logo

Bloomerang

Donor management software and database for nonprofits.

Bloomerang Reviews - Page 2

1,282 reviews

AC

Amy C.

Computer Software, self-employed

An excellent software for the money.

From start to finish Bloomerang is an excellent software. Customer support is highly responsive, training is extensive and free, handles event tracking, grant tracking, major gift fundraising, contact management, donor segmentation, reporting and filtering, mobile app, and integrates with multiple third-party apps. The user interface is sleek and graphic-heavy. Constituent and gift visibility is superb.

Pros

Donor retention, donor cultivation, moves management, strategic plan goals and the ability to track progress against goals. Ease of use, graphical user interface is colorful and elegant. Displays highly useful information right where you need it.

Cons

They Bloomerang customer support team and the tech team are very responsive and always making improvements based upon customer feedback. One niggly problem is that you cannot email to multiple email addresses for a given constituent. You can store them, but it will only email to the primary email. Also, you can't report on and download multiple emails for a given constituent. With many married couples who are together in a single record (not a household) there are often several different emails.

AL

Amy L.

Buyer's remorse

Diappointing.

Pros

Great work from the implementation team.

Cons

We have been on Bloomerang for 2 weeks. So far, I have learned that:The Bloomerang interaction dropdown is all donor facing - there's no way to describe interactions with students except "other" - and the menu can't be changed. There's no ability to pre-load brand guidelines (logo, colors, font) that would pre-populate letters & emails For events, there's no way to show sponsors or honorees on an event...

TL

Trip L.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Great CRM and Donor Management Software for Beginners and the More Advanced

Overall a great experience with Bloomerang and would highly recommend for anyone wanting to utilize a CRM system. It allows for both the pro and new user to feel comfortable and confident.

Pros

The switch to Bloomerang was caused by the need for our non-profit to begin utilizing new technology to track not only communication, but honors bestowed, event attendance and registration, and donations. I can say Bloomerang does a great job with all of these things! The ability to add custom fields to a constituents profile allows for necessary unique tracking and plethora of donation tracking types allows us to keep up with the growing ways in which donors engage with us.

Cons

I would like to see a more customized homepage for constituents. Total sum of all transactions is obviously important, but ability to see a summarized view of their contributions to a multi-year campaign would allow to increased ease to our employees. I would also like to see either an Outlook Plugin or 1-on-1 mailing software with template's saved directly in Bloomerang. Each donor can have a slightly different message or details, so having that ability to pull a template and customize before sending (without having to go through MailChimp's webpage and pulling report) would make a huge difference.

SC

Suzie C.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Bloomerang is awesome!

Bloomerang really helped to organize our donor relationships. All of us knew who spoke to whom and the financial background of the donors. We didn't have to have the donor repeat information because everything was logged in the system. We could also put our efforts into those who had a connection to our cause and the financial means to donate more if asked.

Pros

I was a part of selecting Bloomerang for a nonprofit I worked for. It was midline for cost and midline for options. That actually met our criteria. We didn't have any experience with donor software so we wanted something intuitive and easy to use. That's Bloomerang. I really liked the donor search because we could evaluate a person's capacity to donate. That helped us to be intentional with our efforts.

Cons

I would imagine that the options offered are not as robust as some other platforms however, we never used a donor software before and this was more than we needed. So we felt we could grow with the program.

AS

Amanda S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Highly Recommended Program

Pros

We switched to Bloomerang as an organization around a year ago. This program is intuitive and user friendly. The transition between programs was flawless and simple on our end. The data is well organized and easy to access. Our previous program required chatting with a representative every time we needed to create a report - however this program is easy to use and we've rarely had to use the chat feature! The times we've used the customer service chat have been fabulous. The people are friendly and very helpful! The training is excellent. We love how it tracks our fundraising goals and how simple the online donation form was to create. I also enjoy using the email blast feature - this has helped us reach out to our supporters in a new, easy way!

Cons

I honestly don't have any suggestions at this point. This program is better than we hoped for.

JM

Jennifer M.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Ease of use and excellent support

CEC was brand new to fundraising when I arrived and having a true CRM with donate page and payment processing functionality was the primary objective. Tracking gifts has been easy as has reporting. The moves management structure and tools ie notes, interactions , task reminders are excellent. Working on an import currently to begin engaging with alumni. Have had excellent support throughout. I also like your many webinars.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to deploy, like the interface with its plain language and clean, clear graphics and look/feel of the site. Easy data entry. Easy to schedule reports. Customer support is excellent. Donate pages easy to set up once workarounds were developed for our environment.

Cons

CEC is unique in that it is like 9 separate orgs under one umbrella. Being forced into one name on our donate pages was a challenge but we were able to find a workaround, although it was clunky and time consuming to do. The donate form isn't the most attractive and I don't like being forced into those impact statements. Understand why they are there but as a public charter school it's harder to devise such one to one menu options. In fact it encourages/trains people into transactional fundraising mentalities away from the importance of relationships and story.

LB

Lisa B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Very Pleased with this Product

Bloomerang is simple, intuitive, playful, and inviting. The few problems I have had have been solved very easily through Online Chat. Online Chat is SUCH a wonderful feature - as a brand new development officer, it gave me confidence to explore the software and try solutions first, because even thought the Help & Videos is a great feature, sometimes you just need to chat live with an expert. Especially when time is of the essence. I really am so thrilled with the responsiveness of the chat team!

Pros

I was brand new to fundraising/development when I started at my organization. My predecessor had used a different CRM and I found it very clunky and complicated. I immediately started looking around for a replacement. I found Bloomerang through their online webinars, did more research and vetting, and ending up switching as soon as I could.

Cons

As I've gotten used to the software, I'm so in love with it I can't think of anything I would improve!

CV

Charity V.

Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees

Powerful/Intuitive tool at a great price

Bloomerang has been so helpful to us as an organization and being able to pull clean data and prospect research effectively has changed the game for us. Their customer service has always been very knowledgeable supportive and friendly. I have recommended Bloomerang to several organizations and they have come back to thank me after making the switch.

Pros

Report pulling, campaign, and appeal management. Donor management, prospect research, best practices.

Cons

no form for earned income, app is not easy to use

LV

Leng V.

Using Bloomerang for 5+ year and still happy with it

My overall experience has been good. Honestly, we've been shopping around because another department of our organization would like to have a better CRM approach for ticketing events, but there are not many options out there that will offer what Bloomerang offers for that price. So, we are still sticking with Bloomerang for a while.

Pros

i like the most that they are continuously improving it in a way that anybody can tell. I love the efficiency of email campaign. It shows you who opened emails, who click on the links, who unsubscribed, etc. Many valuable information. Also the delivery email rate is higher that other competitors like Mailchimp. I like how easy to deploy this software is in both a computer and a cellphone.

Cons

The graphic design features. Even though this has improved considerably during the last 3 years it still not has good has other softwares. For example the fonts are very limited, which disrupts the branding of the organization.

MM

Maranne McDade M.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Bloomerang 2 years later

We have been very satisfied.

Pros

The web-based interface is fantastic. The evolution of flexibility and email marketing agility is not growing as fast as our organization's ability to maximize it. But, at this price point, Bloomerang has proven to be a very useful mechanism for volunteer engagement, donor development and stewardship, and for developing reports to enable us to better steward our donors and increase the number of donors overall..

Cons

Bloomerang is a little clunky. As we have gotten better at using it, our end-user satisfaction has lowered. We know more and want to be able to do more. For example, navigating in and out of email templates and copying and searching for past templates used is slow and multi-step, requiring back to the beginning navigation. Online forms development and email creation are somewhat "clunky".

KF

Kevin F.

Easy to use interface

One of the best things about Bloomerang is there customer support. It is very easy to call them and get a very knowledgeable person that works directly for the company. After talking to them, they email you with what was discussed to make it easier to go back and follow directions.

Pros

I like that Bloomerang is very easy to use and understand. In today's society, we have incredible technology and constant updates that fill up our news feeds and dashboards to the point where it gets confusing at times. Bloomerang does a good job making everything look super clean and easy to read. Not only that, it's easy to find something in the reports section because the reports are very straightforward to understand how they work.

Cons

Compared to other programs, they don't have a beautiful online form which is why we use another 3rd party that also works with Bloomerang. There are also more steps to take to send a thank you email. These aren't big things but sometimes I wish that updates would come out sooner.

KN

Kelly N.

You Don't Have To Spend A Lot To Get A Lot

This has been a great tool for a small organization to utilize. Whenever we have questions or problems using the tool, the team at Bloomerang has been very accessible and helpful. I appreciate that we can "chat" or ask for a call back without having to rifle through the help library when we have a specialized question.

Pros

This is a very user friendly software package that allows you to manage donor relationships. I love that it's connected to communications software so you can send targeted emails/newsletters/etc and it tracks engagement. We also have access to DonorSearch, which usually costs boku bucks and out of the price range normally for a small nonprofit like ours. Now we can do donor research without it breaking our bank. I also like that you can set up tasks to help remind you about connecting with specific donors.

Cons

I don't like that when you set up a business and enter someone's name associated with the business, that you can't easily search for that person by name. It seems only the individual name search works this way. My work around is to search using email addresses, but sometimes I don't know that. It would also be lovely to tie business giving to each person's account who is connected to that business (if the gifts are corporate gifts). This way, I might be dealing with someone in accounting about a gift by a bank, but I have to go through multiple bank employee names of file before I find who authorized a specific gift.

JS

Jared S.

Get some traction

This has been an invaluable tool in our work to build relationships with our constituents.

Pros

The software helps me feel more in charge of fundraising. It's one place that keeps all my information in a reliable and accessible way. It really assists with the informal nature of relationship building by offering structures to articulate and evaluate.

Cons

Sometimes the processes can be a little too involved, especially the ones that I use less often. I find myself having to re-teach myself things because there are so many steps. But honestly, that's a minimal critique. I really do believe the software is as effective as the user.

DC

Diane C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Bloomerang is easy to use and access stored information plus they have A+ customer support

Pros

Bloomerang is very easy to use compared to E-Tapestry which is what we had been using before. Running reports and lists is a breeze and I love that our e-communications and online/recurring giving is all integrated in Bloomerang which was not the case in E-Tapestry. We're very pleased with it. It has saved me lots of time because everything is really intuitive and simple. Plus, the chat support is awesome. If I run into problems I get quick help and usually it's easy to do whatever is I need to do!

Cons

The online giving forms aren't integrated into our website (people are directed to a Bloomerang hosted pate) which I think would be nice and enhance the donor experience. I've not done a good job or spent the necessary time to set up grant tracking as I would like to have it and I wish that felt as easy as running reports does.

LM

Liz M.

An Important Investment

I love Bloomerang. I've used it as a one person Development Team for a couple years and for the first time in our organization's 45 year history we are able to track gifts without a messy spreadsheet. We now have added a team member who is finding it easy to dive in with all the great on-demand trainings they offer. I look forward to using more of Bloomerang's tools now that we have a little more capacity.

Pros

Bloomerang makes it super easy to track donor info and run reports to manage your fundraising data. The team is great--warm, wonderful people who understand nonprofit fundraising needs. Their frequent webinars are excellent to keep you up on new trends, ideas, and sharing best practices and their on-demand classes on how to use the database are extremely helpful.

Cons

Importing interactions from our custom program software can get tricky and often results in duplicate accounts that we later have to try to clean up. And I wish there could be prompt for monthly recurring gifts that made it easier to enter them, rather than having to look them up and add each payment--there's got to be an easier way for this once a recurring gift is set up.

I love this Liz! Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback.

IS

IDit S.

great for small non-profits

Have recommended to others and would continue to do so. For small non-profits that are not going to hire a full time database person, this is simple enough for our entire staff to use. We even use it to track our client information since it is easy enough to manage. Stands out for customer service. When we can't figure things out, they quickly help and have solved everything quickly (or explained the limits).

Pros

It was easy to on-board and set up. Great customer service. We were able to quickly get data into the system, send emails, integrate on our website and get the basics running. As small non-profit, it is growing with us as we are growing our donor management and tracking capabilities.

Cons

The power of reporting and on-line forms could be improved. Editing/importing data is also a little awkward. Wish there was a way to bulk update that was simpler. Customization is limited. There is a tension between not be so complicated like other software, but sometime it is a little too simple. That said, I would still choose this in a heart beat.

Thanks so much! Since Bloomerang's acquisition of Kindful, we have drastically upgraded our online giving tools, as well as added new functionality like peer-to-peer! You can check them out here: https://bloomerang.co/features/online-giving-tools/ Here's a quick guide for making mass udpates: https://www.sidekicksolutionsllc.com/bloomerang/blog/how-to-mass-edit-mass-update-constituents-in-bloomerang

AS

Aaron S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

King of Integrations (with great Support)

Switching to Bloomerang (and some third-party services that integrate well) has been a key to taking our organization to the next level.

Pros

Bloomerang does almost everything you need out-of-the-box, and even more with a little custom help from the team during setup. But what really makes it shine is the integrations. If a built-in feature isn't cutting it for you, then add your favorite service and just use Bloomerang to track. Even if an integration isn't native (automatic), you can add it via Zapier.

Cons

The interface is built to be user-friendly, and it is for the most part. But there's just no reason to cut off the side margins. At least for viewing reports with lots of columns, a wider view would greatly improve the experience and usability. I shouldn't have to export a list just to see more than 5 columns.

GM

Gina M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Could not be more pleased with Bloomerang CRM!

We had previously used a CRM that we were very displeased with and our database was a mess in our previous software. Bloomerang helped clean that up so that we could have a clean transition to Bloomerang. So appreciated!

Pros

From start to finish, Bloomerang makes it a priority that the customer is working with a real, live person. Not only is their staff informed and reputable, they are personally invested in their work at Bloomerang and the organizations that utilize the CRM.

Cons

This software has been efficient and useful across all categories!

MM

Marjorie M.

Great Value... Always Evolving

Overall this is my favorite donor and volunteer management software for a small to midsize nonprofit. The pricing is scalable and it really does a great job of integrating everything you know about a donor into one place.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and understand Bloomerang out of the box. The customer service and training offered are first rate. Additionally, I love that wealth screening and NCOA scans are part of the package and not something I have to purchase and integrate separately.

Cons

There's very little I dislike. I want to be able to create custom titles and suffixes for people, but there's very little in Bloomerang that I can't do that I want to do.

WOW Marjorie, thanks so much for your kind review. We were thrilled when the nightly NCOA was went live. Such an added benefit to our customers.

LA

Lee Ann W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Bloomerang in a heart beat!

We are having no problems with Bloomerange and simply continue to learn. Coming from Blackbaud eTapestry is a dream! I recommend Bloomerang to all local and national leadership groups.

Pros

Bloomerang has great customer service, easy tutorials, tons of webinars, and educational offerings that are very informative. It was an easy transition to Bloomerang and we continue to learn all the features to best serve our needs. We are enjoying the email feature (no more 3rd party services needed) and the ease of getting mass mailings out. Our tracking of donor history and reporting is constantly getting better. I like the customer service and user-friendly program the most.

Cons

We are still learning the many options before us. We started with a larger package and have not scaled that back. If we need to bring it back, we will. I'm learning new payment features which we may embark but the public feels very secure with PayPal.

Thank you Lee Ann for the thorough feedback! Happy to hear you are utilizing all of our free content too.

JS

Jean S.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

Wild Connections is very satisfied with our CRM

After a learnign period of several months, we've found that our small team has become very effective in sending regular mass emails and print mail lists for newsletters, events announcements, action alerts and funding appeals. One person does the majority of donations entry, acknowledgements, and general data base management. Another person does most of the mass emails. A third person does grant tracking. In the absence of a paid administrator, we are covering all the roles as well as providing several people trained in most aspects of the CRM.

Pros

Bloomerang CRM has immensely improved Wild Connections' relationships with our constituents and donors. We rely on individual contributions for a large portion of our income, and the ability to send our newsletters, action alerts and funding appeals is critical to our funding efforts. We also track participation in events and use that information to segment our mailing lists. The webinars and on line videos and instructions are invaluable.

Cons

The reporting features are excellent once the right filters are applied. Sometimes it has taken tech support to help us with that, but tech support is very responsive and helpful.

Karen G.

I love Bloomerang

Most fundraising vendors I've worked with feel very "salesy". Not Bloomerang. The company is made up of genuinely good people who honestly care about improving nonprofits' relationships with donors and helping them reach fundraising goals. I've been a customer for over 10 years and their culture continues to be this way. I also love how much time I save - other CRMs require a lot of time to clean up and input data; with Bloomerang I am able to spend more time actually raising money.

Pros

The reporting meets all our needs, data is easy to import and read, customer service and tutorial videos and articles are on point, and the company offers continuing education courses on fundraising strategies.

Cons

I've converted to Bloomerang from other CRMs at three different organizations now. Whatever cons they are, they are very minimal, and Bloomerang is constantly improving its system. Any major cons I could think of in the past have been resolved through upgrades they've done over the years. If I ever do have an issue, they are extremely open to feedback and will add my concerns to their list of features to improve.

KZ

Kelly Z.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

One of the best Developement Products on the market!

Ever since switching to Bloomerang, I have actually enjoyed entering donor information, running reports, creating emails, etc. With our other software, I dreaded having to login each day because it was just a clunky system, but not with Bloomerang. It is easy to find donor information, create forms, send emails, etc. And after 2 years, I have yet to run into any issues with the software, which is a win in my book.

Pros

From day one, everything with Bloomerang has been great. I was incredibly nervous about switching over to Bloomerang from our current software and they made the process so seamless and so simple. Once all of our data was converted, I jumped right in and could quickly run reports, create new donation forms, add images to all of my donors, and even link up social media accounts. Something that I could not do with our old software. Bloomerang's interface is also 'clean' and it is fairly easy to find anything you need. But what I have been most impressed with is its help features, free webinars, and customer service people. They are top-notch and you can't beat the free webinars that they offer weekly! I've learned so much since switching to Bloomerang.

Cons

We've only been using the software for about 2 years and right now, I really haven't run into any thing that I don't like. It is so easy to use and is really great software.

WOW Kelly! What wonderful feedback. I will certainly pass this along to the "powers that be" thank you!

RM

Renee M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Bloomerang is easy to use for all staff at small nonprofit

We are very pleased with the chat feature for help; it has surpassed all of our expectations (it makes it easy to recommend the software because of this). We did not jump into using Bloomerang as a tool to increase donations right away, we first focused on building our system. We had a new development person who, after a year, is finally digging deeper into report analysis, which has been our goal....

Pros

The interface is very user-friendly. I am the tech support person at the agency, but other staff has been comfortable enough to build reports on their own and manage the e-newsletter (mostly admin asst and development director). That takes a lot off of my plate; I only swing in for questions if staff ask, which isn't much. Staff likes generating the thank you letters right from the Bloomerang platform....

Cons

We still struggle with the report feature. We have no problem with simple reports, but some can get very complicated and we are not sure if we are doing them right. We always reach out to Bloomerang support to make sure that our info is drawing accurately on the more complicated reports. Usually these reports are staples, so once they are created, the user is good to go for all future use, except...

HP

Hannah P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Bloomerang for the win!

I love Bloomerang and use it on a regular basis. I no longer hesitate to look up information or turn to Bloomerang for help. Because I had so many issues with our previous database, I found myself dreading having to use it and/or figuring out a different way to gather the information I needed.

Pros

My company used Raiser's Edge for many years before switching over to Bloomerang and that was one of the best days in my working career. I love that we can immediately get a sense of a donor as their page comes up with the Giving Summary and Level of Engagement. I also appreciate being able to quickly see what the latest, largest, first, and lifetime giving is at a glance. Pulling reports, mailing lists, and financials is very user-friendly, too. Having trainings available to return to for refreshers and references is very handy. Using Bloomerang has been a game-changer for me in keeping track of donor information and then having the ability to compile that information in almost endless ways.

Cons

The most time consuming part of Bloomerang that feels a bit clunky is the creation of households. It requires data entry for one of its members, a new constituent record for the other member of the household, and then going back to create a household and link the two donors. It feels like there could be an easier way to get that information and create those relationships without so much back and forth.

Thank you for your feedback regarding households Hannah. I will pass that along to our product teams!