Event Booking Engines Reviews

Event Booking Engines

Event Management software for Venues and Restaurants.

4.56/5 (9 reviews)

Anonymous

Lots to learn about the software but it so far has been a good place to keep all our events tracked.

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Pros
Master calendar, client and event tracking, sending contracts to be signed rather than having to pay for a separate service. Good, responsive tech support by phone or email--my many questions are quickly answered. Some good customization and integration options.

Cons
Payments and invoicing are still not super clear to me. The flow of booking events is not as user-friendly as I'd like.

Response from Event Booking Engines

Thank you for your review/feedback on our company and product, greatly appreciated! We recently rolled out the Event Wizard with Autopilot which should greatly improve your ease of Event Booking and drastically reduce the time it takes as well. We are always open to continued discussion and based on your specific comments/needs/requests, providing additional enhancements in all areas of our product.

Marla Parada

Streamlining our reservations

Reviewed 2020-02-17

Customer service is excellent.i[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive (even evenings and weekends) and is willing to customize components of the software to suit our needs when we have a specific request. He has worked with every request we’ve have had and we greatly appreciate the flexibility. Sometimes he just explains that they already have it set up - just not where we had expected and other times they make sweeping changes to accommodate our requests. In one of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] responses to our request he said, "It makes us very happy to provide product which has high value to you."

Pros
Event Booking Engines integrates all aspects of reservations into one system. We are a small volunteer run nonprofit organization that rents out an historic wedding and event venue. We are thrilled to have transitioned from a manual reservation process to Event Booking Engines. We now have everything in one place – client information, event booking, contracts with electronic signature, payments, task reminders, checklists, master calendar and availability calendar (which is viewable on our website), staff scheduling, etc. We are still learning all the features that we can benefit from.

Cons
The email integration works differently than I had envisioned to capture emails from clients into their event account. Outbound emails and client responses will be captured in an event account as long as the email is generated through EBE. However, if a client initiates a new email (not responding to an EBE email), they have to use our organization's email address and the email is independent of the EBE system.

Response from Event Booking Engines

Thank you Marla, we greatly appreciate your review/feedback on our company and product. We always enjoy working with you and your team and building new features which provide high value to you! I will meet with my team to discuss our email integration and appropriate feature enhancements there.

Kirby Timmons

Terrific support and excellent software

Reviewed 2019-03-05

Very positive. The staff is good at figuring out what you want and helping you accomplish it. And they are constantly upgrading the software.

Pros
Total functionality - can do almost anything you need for customer and event management. And the support is phenomenal! Ask a question and get your answer and followup almost immediately.

Cons
A little bit complex, but that's due to the incredibly full functionality.

Response from Event Booking Engines

Thank you Kirby, we greatly appreciate your review/feedback on our company and product! We also greatly enjoy working with you and your team and remain totally committed to continued improvement and upgrades to ease of use and product feature set.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Angela White

Outstanding Support and Best Value

Reviewed 2019-03-05

I have increased sales due to this service. I can easily track leads and export to my sales team to make calls and follow up with clients. The support is amazing. I love the online calendar feature and is does not cost an arm and a leg for it. The only other software company I found that offered an online calendar cost thousands of dollars and that is out of our budget for softwares.

Pros
The support I receive from the company. The thing about softwares is they all require time getting to know the system and figuring things out. What is important for me is having the support I need to figure it out. This company hands down has the best support I've seen in quite some time. I've tried different softwares and this one is a great fit for my needs. I also like the online calendar feature the most. It's a great sales tactic to potential clients. Gives them a sense of urgency to book as soon as possible or their date may be gone.

Cons
I've been using this software for almost 1 year now. They are continuously sending updates and improving which is great. I really don't have any cons at the moment.

Response from Event Booking Engines

Thank you Angela, we greatly appreciate your review/feedback on our company and product. We are so happy we have increased your sales! Also, your product enhancement requests and our reciprocal product updates have been excellent and have made our product much stronger!

Gammon Cross

Event Booking Engines

Reviewed 2020-02-17

Overall experience has been excellent. Really no complaints, just getting used to all the software and functions. Looking forward to becoming proficient in all of it!

Pros
Customer Service!!! I would give it 10 stars if I could. Prompt, reliable and helpful and if I make a suggestion for a change or addition it is done within minutes!

Cons
There are several different ways to get to the information you need, in some ways you can change and add info and others you can't. I am figuring it all out and it is working great, I am just a little afraid to let newer or less "techy" staff touch it.

Response from Event Booking Engines

Thank you Gammon, we greatly appreciate your review/feedback on our company and product. We always enjoy working with you to quickly provide the feature set you need! We have just rolled out several new UI/UX features in Version 5.2 which I think you will find valuable. We will also be adding many more UI/UX features in the weeks ahead which I believe will address the items you mentioned. I will contact you directly by email to discuss.

Anonymous

Customer support is great and quick to respond. Some of the features are not intuitive, but clunky.

Reviewed 2018-01-03

Pros
The service, value, and many of the features are top notch. Overall, I am very happy with my choice to move forward with EBE. The calendar is easy to use, and while I haven't used the payments/contracts features, they seem like they will be a real help when we get into the heat of our event season.

Cons
I'm not sure I'm using EBE in the exact way it was intended. My main goal is to have roughly 250-300 'calendar items' on the master calendar each year, with about 100 of those being events with a significant amount (roughly 20) of line items as event details. Creating proposals with many line items is a cumbersome process, having to go into different sections of EBE multiple times for one proposal. The 'wizard' has been helpful in mitigating some of the delays, but it is still a challenge. In general, it can be difficult to navigate the different "silos" of EBE, between line items, proposals, event page, and so on. These are notable but not insurmountable challenges and I am still happy with my decision to move forward with EBE.

Response from Event Booking Engines

Thank you for your review/feedback on our company and product! We reviewed your account and noticed that you have not setup or used the Event Wizard Autopilot feature which was rolled out several weeks ago. This feature allows you to create a Proposal with Line Items, Room Schedulings, Payments and Contracts in seconds and directly addresses your ease of use and time comments.

Gregory Crafts

This engine has got it where it counts. Love it!

Reviewed 2017-09-14

This, plus QuickBooks, represents all I need for my back office systems. It's made my life 100x easier by keeping all of my data in one place. Plus, the embeddable contact forms and calendars are invaluable.

Pros
It's powerful, and it's a complete, all-in-one booking system. Previously, I had to use multiple different systems to coordinate bookings, and it was a nightmare. Now I can do it all in one database. A lifesaver.

Cons
This is still a work-in-progress in some areas. Also, it's not the shiniest or most intuitive user interface. However, what it may lack in style, it certainly makes up for in substance. Also, Andrei and his team are fantastic about making updates, implementing customer suggestions, and squashing bugs quickly if they come up. I've been nothing but impressed by EventBookingEngines so far.

Response from Event Booking Engines

Thank you Greg, greatly appreciate your review/feedback on our company and product! We will be back in touch with you shortly to discuss the user interface items you mentioned.

Vanessa Oatman

Fast Service. Easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-01-02

Less hands-on interaction between us and our leads/customers.

Pros
I like the widgets for the website the most. Customer Service is fantastic...very personal. Streamlines a lot of the communication process between us and the customer.

Cons
I wish the data entry form was all inclusive. One form to key in all event, room booking and payment information that then shows on Master Calendar. Too much room for error when keying in multiple sections during the initial setup process for an event. Also would like to see the reports have more options (for example: ability to pull report on and payment types, frequent customers, etc.)

Response from Event Booking Engines

Thank you Vanessa, greatly appreciate your feedback on our company and product! Regarding all inclusive data entry, we recently rolled out our Event Wizard with Autopilot, which allows you to create Room Schedulings, a Proposal, Payments and Contracts automatically on one page in seconds. The scheduled Rooms and Payments are immediately posted to the Master Calendar. I can cover details with you by phone. Regarding reporting, we currently provide Revenue Reporting by Location, Room, Event Category, Lead Source, Sales Rep, Payment Type and many other filters. We can certainly discuss this and any other reporting needs you may have.

Charlie Burns

Event Booking Engine has helped us streamline management of 3 historic theaters in Chicago.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Efficiency

Pros
The calendar is a breeze to use. Quick access on mobile too. Keeping track of past, present and prospective clients for future marketing is a plus. File uploads (ie. riders, flyers, rentals is a plus.)

Cons
Maybe a few upgrades in the look of invoices sent to clients. Although, it is very logical and does not cause any problems with flow of event booking and management.

Response from Event Booking Engines

Thank you Charlie, greatly appreciate your review/feedback on our company and product! We will be back in touch with you shortly to discuss the invoice upgrades you mentioned.