FranConnect Logo

Franchise software for the entire franchise lifecycle

FranConnect Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.33/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-crm
netsuite

The software is easy to use, navigate, integrate with operations. Good dashboard which is user-friendly since it can be customized into more attractive and easy to understand patterns.
I love how organized everything is in FranConnect. I love how easily I can get training on the software and the support team is very responsive.
Overall, the customer experience has been good. They are very responsive with your questions/concerns.
We've only experienced one quarterly upgrade with Sky and it triggered lots of problems when it went live. It does make us a little concerned for the next upgrade happening in a few weeks.
As you can imagine, we got over 800 replies threatening us, demanding explanations, and more. It took us a month to calm everyone down and explain it was an accident.
It's as crappy as Salesforce for a number of reasons.

BP

Blair P.

Director of Recruiting

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Great way to connect multiple locations

Transcript

Blair P.: Hi, my name is Blair and I am a director of recruiting at a staffing and recruiting national...

Rachel H.

Marketing Program

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

FranConnect is not a good software

Transcript

Rachel: My name is Rachel. I'm a freelancer in marketing. I give FranConnect a one. For more reviews,...

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Orangetheory Fitness Review

I have been working with FranConnect for approx the past 2.5 years. I think some small tweaks in regard to system duplication (of data) and the modules "speaking" to each other could be easier. generally, we receive great software support but I would like to see a little more in regards to looking to them as the expects on their software and how we can use it at orangetheory to improve network functionality and improve internal business processes.

Pros

It is very Admin friendly - i can make majority of internal changes for the HQ office on a daily basis

Cons

System updates and enhancements do not always transition smoothly with customizations

Ubiquitous within the Franchise Industry

I have used FranConnect while working with a number of Franchisors. Have looked into others but have not found one as committed and responsive to the franchise industry as they are.

Pros

Once you get it set up for your specific company and learn the workarounds, FranConnect is relatively easy to use. The best thing about the software, quite frankly, is their tech support... very patient and thorough (although takes a while to get the wheels in motion on any given issue since they are "offsite" and there seems to be a long queue).

Cons

A number of the modules and steps within them are simply not intuitive to set up or navigate. Most difficult is the creation and implementation of e-mail campaigns. Granted, this could be because we are not on the most recent version.

Helpful, Modular Software for Managing a Franchise Business

Overall, the staff and support at Franconnect have been good to great. We have seen significant improvements in their platform over the last 8 years and they seem to be committed to constant improvement.

Pros

Franconnect Sky offers various modules [a la carte] that you can use at different stages of your franchise system. Being able to pick and choose is both affordable and efficient. The online platform is also constantly being updated based on customer feedback as part of their subscription.

Cons

The software is not very intuitive as yet. It doesn't really have a modern interface.The preview features for the libraries aren't great and it's not completely robust. However, it may have the options needed for the majority of systems though.

Not on Skye

On the old software, we have experienced outages during very important times for our events. FC usually responds very quickly to our needs and works hard to come up with workarounds on an outdated system, to take care of us!

Pros

I like that the FranConnect software has so many components right at my fingertips. The different modules add up to the collection of so much of our systems information.

Cons

Because we are event based and not brick and mortar, we are still on an outdated, highly customized version of FranConnect. I would love to be able to move to Franconnect Skye, since from what I've seen, it is a much better system for what we need.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Pros and Cons

We've been using FranConnect for the past 5 years that I've been employed here, I've used other platforms at previous employment. I feel it's a decent software but can be cluttered and overwhelming.

Pros

I like the search bar and being able to type in what I'm looking for. Most of the time I can find what I'm looking for.

Cons

I don't like that to preview documents, they automatically download. You should be able to click on documents in the library, see previews and make the decision to download. It's overwhelming when it comes to searching for a document or photo.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

FranConnect Is Great

I am able to easily track all candidates in the process and if one of my team is unavailable I know exactly what is happening with a particular candidate.

Pros

Love the ease and functionality of the product. It allows me to plan my day and keep track of all the stages of the candidates I am working with. Tasks, schedules documents and interaction with other users on my team are great assets.

Cons

There are times when the response is slower when I am working in the system but not an overall hinderance

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Franchise Friendly

The program is very user friendly. Adapting to the changes is my only set back.

Pros

I love the frequent updates and customer support to ensure that we have the latest technology to mold our daily business growth techniques into a super user friendly CRM and software portal for our business.

Cons

When the updates occur I would like to see a screenshot of the changes prior. This last update was a major visual change.

RS

Robert S.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Pros

I love the fact that it is web-based, so I can access it anywhere. It is fairly easy to use and doesn't require a lot of training.

Cons

I wish I was able to add/remove fields myself without having to go through someone else.

Zach N.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Best option for what we need!

The customer support has greatly improved and the platform is super simply to get used to!

Pros

The interface and available functionality has been great!

Cons

We do run into a few issues from time to time but get solved quickly.

Retail, 1-10 employees

FranConnect Franchising Software

We have been very pleased with the program and support.

Pros

Ability to customize to our specific needs.

Cons

We have enjoyed most of the components purchased but would like to see more Mass Email Marketing Abilities.

ND

Natalie D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Great Software for Franchising

I've been a journey and I've seen in the last 2.5 years how hard FranConnect has worked to make their system even better. They listen to their customers and try to enhance and support franchisors so that the system can work for us. I had times at the beginning of implementation where I was worried about how much there was to the system and some of the functionality was a little strange but overall I've been very please with all that FranConnect is and the direction it is going. The system has been very beneficial and necessary to have.

Pros

I love that FranConnect has thought of everything a franchisor will likely deal with in franchising and they've created a system to help you manage it all. In the last 2.5 years FranConnect has really enhanced the system. From the looks of it to functionality. I'm excited to see what it's going to look and function like in the next year. It's really helped me to keep things organized and on top of all the documentation a franchisor has to track per franchise location.

Cons

When we initially started using the software there were quite a few glitches in the system and we did lose some data, which was disappointing but the FranConnect team worked with us and we haven't had any major issues since.

OD

Olivia D.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

FranConnect System Review

We have built many approval processes into FranConnect and have drastically cut down on lost emails, excel reporting and missing data.

Pros

I think how we can keep all of our lead and franchise information in one place. The ability to set up workflows to allow for automated tasks and emails to go out based on certain actions has helped to improve our efficiency and processes.

Cons

I do not like how the reporting does not work across modules unless you have the insights module. I also wish there were more features that would work for a company that houses multiple brands in one system. Certain features that would be helpful to us are not conducive because they do not allow us to segment out by brand (i.e. Marketing ROI report in Sales module)

Ok software for managing your Franchise

Pros

Hard to say, not many positives for the product. Best pro of the product would have to be the ability to keep all of the Franchise related documents/files in one place so our users could see it. Also useful place to put one click links to secure websites/info for the users.

Cons

Literally everything else. Their search system is god awful, you cannot find anything by searching something, you have to comb through everything you have in your database to find anything. The way to download files is more confusing than ever, especially for your Franchise users. I can't say much about the info manager/sales section since I didn't work in that portion of the system. But updating users / Franchises was a nightmare, no ability to change multiple franchises at once, you have to manually go into each separate Franchise to check if it has the correct information, hit save, the system would then boot you out and put you back to a blank search page instead of the search page you originally created.

SW

Shannon W.

11-50 employees

Great Partner

My franchised company, Just Between Friends, has been a customer of Franconnect for quite some time. Their solutions help our corporate staff and our franchisees make the most of their day through efficient modules and support tools. The FC team is quick to respond if we have questions or need support or service of any kind.

Pros

Before we had this software, we were trying to manage all the different aspects of our business on our own. After looking at several different solutions, we chose to do business with Franconnect as they had significant experience in our space and could handle the size of our business and the growth that would come. Their customer support is WONDERFUL!

LP

Lynn P.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

FranConnect Review

I have been working with the FranConnect Franchise Software for 9 years. In that time, I have come to depend on the excellent customer service and ease of customization.

Pros

Love that all our stores' information is located in one platform. Ease for all of our departments to gain access to the pertinent information they need. Very easy to navigate from one tab to the other and upload and modify information.

Cons

Currently we are not able to search over multiple tabs. However, once our upgrade is complete, that will be remedied.

AS

ALEX S.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Super Efficient! Makes my job much easier.

Pros

Love how I can see everything about a lead's/candidate's history, all in 1 page. It is simple, organized and easy to follow. My favorite feature and one that I use constantly is the email feature, for group emails and individually. Being able to send personalized emails so fast and then be able to see if the prospect opened it, is very helpful.

Cons

Technical issues frequently. Get very slow at times. FranConnect/Outlook calendar sync needs to be fixed. Every time I restart my laptop I have to uninstall and reinstall the plug-in in order for it to work again, otherwise it will show that it is syncing when in fact it is not.

DK

Denise K.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Franchise Lead Generation

It allows me as a franchise consultant in Canada to help support a large franchisor client with lead generation strategy and lead management. No experience with their franchisee operational support yet.

Pros

Remote access, customization of workflows by lead filters, marketing budget tracking and lead source code details ++

Cons

Limited access to a live support contact in real-time across the time zones + info help desk online get various folks managing your ticket vs one contact.

JM

Jan-Marie H.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Franchise Development Director

Franconnect has great customer service and training for all my new sales persons. I can count on seeing my lead flow and reminders. Franconnect works wonderful with my lead generation sites!

Pros

Love how easy it is to use. I like that I am emailed on every lead and I can follow up with them. I like to see how many times my candidates read my emails.

Cons

Pop up reminders are what i don't like I would like to turn off that feature if I could.

MC

Mariellen C.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

FF

I am using the older version of Fran Connect. Not Sky. We dislike this software so have not wanted to upgrade to sky.

Pros

Easy reference when looking up information about the franchisee.

Cons

Can't void some documents. Have to go through Customer Support at times. Can't organize documents by name or make sections. Do not like sending an FDD through Fran Connect. Potential franchisee's don't understand how to download the document.

MW

Melissa W.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

5 Star Service

We decided to move forward with FranConnect in September of 2016. Since we have begun the transition and started using the system...our experience with the company has been above par. This system is a whole new venture for our company -- we are very small, 5 person "head office" -- so we knew this was going to be a big project for us to take on, but with the, above and beyond, help of Amber Hawkes...

MS

Matthew S.

Consumer Services, self-employed

FranConnect is a great tool for franchisees to connect

My franchisor upgraded from another product (I don't recall its name) about 5 years ago and moved to FranConnect.

Pros

FranConnect creates an Intranet for franchisees to use to share messages, postings, etc. to each other. You can store files and other important docs there, as well.

Cons

Nothing bad to say.. FranConnect works well to help franchisees communicate with each other.

JC

Julie C.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Works very well for our purpose

Pros

Navigation is easy and includes everything we need

Cons

You have to know the owner or number name to search, which means you have to know all of your customers or refer to other office websites or spreadsheets, which can be time consuming and frustrating. When you have hundreds of clients, you simply can't remember them all.

FranConnect is solid

Pros

The system allows me to track whats important to me and running our monthly numbers gets done in a snap.

Cons

The invoice function will occasional drop a newly submitted data that requires you to re-enter everything. It can also be a little difficult to navigate when you are looking to explore new options.

RL

Ryan L.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Great for multi brand companies

Overall dealing with Franconnect has been a good experience, launching each module there is always support and the help desk is always quick to respond

Pros

Good customer service Great platform if you have a multi branded company

Cons

Ability to customize platform is limited but has enough functionality to create a work around

BF

Brenda F.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

All you need

The Franconnect system has helped to eliminate silos between departments and has become our "go-to" franchise solution for operations, marketing and development. Continuously respond to requests and feedback with new upgrades and modules.

Pros

Ease of use and customization, cloud based system, robust reporting

Cons

Dashboard integration for corporate view