Marketman Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.16/10

Reviews by rating

The simplicity of use and the customer service is brilliant. Never had a issue with them not being available.
The system is great to set top and the stock control is really impressive.
After you set up your products and storage areas, the ease of use for tracking inventory is awesome.
The very poor smartphone app - forces us to use laptops for stock counting etc. The poor response time to errors in the system - developers have taken months and to date issues are still not resolved.
We have problems when stock or sales do not sync properly or on time.
The next issue to tackle is the Database and how it gets filtered in some specific instances. No major issues to complain about though.

PV

Paolo V.

Very Helpful software for Hospitality

Pretty good, it provides the functionality of expensive software for a fraction of the price

Pros

Ease of use, value for money. Marketman is a very good software that does substantially help your business with stock management, orders and more.

Cons

Initially the reporting or lack of a clear actual vs theoretical, but this has been fixed now. The next issue to tackle is the Database and how it gets filtered in some specific instances. No major issues to complain about though

SB

Steph B.

Great value for money

do far so good. would be better with easier reporting functions

Pros

value for money, ease of use. Good customer support flexible

Cons

reporting functions need improvement....

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Our best tool to manager our food and beverage cost !

With MarketMan, we are able to monitor our Food and Beverage cost weekly to adapt our purchasing. It is also a great tool to negotiate best rates with our suppliers.

Pros

Easy to use and to understand for our team / Full of reports really useful / Making orders is easy and really flexible for our supplier / MarketMan Team is constantly listening and improving the software.

Cons

No way to manage internal transfer : transferring (in a simple way) a bottle of wine from our bar to our kitchen is impossible. No acces of all our product on their mobile : would be really useful when speaking with a supplier outside of the restaurant

Gede S.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Totally great inventory software!

Accurately showing profit and expenses, physical inventory item quantity as controlling stock in storage.

Pros

I have been using this software more than 3years, the most i like are very accurately to calculate profit and lost day by day or monthly. Easy to use syncronizing with other POS system to create recipe in every single item sale.

Cons

Everything is perfect as what i need to running my company that i manage.

JL

Joseph L.

Best bang for the buck

Pros

Marketman has a beautiful user interface with robust reporting that allows granular tracking at an item level. The support team has a very solid understanding of food costing which also makes using the program that much easier. Personally, I am a huge advocate of doing one thing and doing it right. Marketman Does inventory and food cost controlling extremely well.

Cons

It would be nice if integrations took a little less digging on the restaurant side. It would be very helpful if there was the ability for a restaurant to build a custom item level report similar to the Cost of Goods report in which we could put specific items i.e chicken and get a set ALL day/week/month usage.

PW

Pawel W.

Good For Multi Unit Operation

Overall I would recommend it specially when you have a multi unit business. Cooperates well with different till systems. Easy to connect PLUs.

Pros

Good for multi unit operation. Easy transfers between the stores. Good stock count templates. Easy login.

Cons

Updates are a bit slow. Not considering feedback from customers.

SE

Simon E.

MarketMan - Solving a gap in the market

We've used it for a couple of years now, due to operational issues we've put it down and picked back up again when we can, now we're focusing on it's full capability again and hope to keep the momentum.

Pros

It's pretty straightforward, there's some terminology that's confusing, but that's appropriate to the tasks in hand. It's pretty straightforward to use.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't do what I need it to do al the time, the iPad app is good, but lacks some of the important desktop functionality. Again, that's the beauty of an iPad though I having a quick function on tasks.

RG

Ray G.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

The new scanning inventory system is amazing. Saves hours of time

Inventory control and menu management is key to our business and this software has created a key asset to our company

Pros

Inventory , based on orders make it easy to find issues with personnel stealing product. By having a system to scan invoices makes it much easier to keep inventory control

Cons

I can't find an issue with the system currently . that is because when I have a request it is usually filled

KT

Kayan T.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

MarketMan

Pros

We don't have to manually input our invoices.

Cons

We cannot customize / build our own reports

JB

Josphat B.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

We have problems when stock or sales do not sync properly or on time

Pros

This software is fast and easy to use and not heavy on any PC or any

Cons

The merging of sales and stock with light speed is not always accurate, maybe its programming from our side

BK

Brandon K.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Wow! Saves me a ton of time!

Pros

Automated invoice capturing, automated inventory price updates, vendor integrations, shelf to sheet order guides and inventoring, restaurant essential reporting features, Quickbooks integration, customer service is excellent.

Cons

It takes awhile to set up, but all software in this category does.

MB

Mark B.

Elegantly designed software

Pros

This is very elegant, easy to use software, and they are actively maintaining and improving it. Still behind other softwares in terms of 3rd party interfaces, but they seem to be actively working on upgrades. Service is outstanding.

Cons

They aspire to significantly raising the cost of the software, raising prices and charging for upgrades a la carte rather than adding value, so software may be more expensive than competitors.

DL

Don L.

Marketman Software

This software has helped me a ton with figuring out my food cost, ordering needs, recipe keeping and so one. I love it.

Pros

This software is very very easy to use and has a ton of options. I have been using it for a little while but am still learning ways that it can help to simplify my life and make me more organized. It is very user friendly and the software support team is by far the best I have used. Very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Gotta be honest haven't found anything bad yet. If anything it almost offers to much. So many options and uses.

CO

Caleb O.

After using SAP for 4yrs, I came to use Marketman with a lean, effective & efficient functionality

Pros

Flexibility and accessibility being powered by online resources, actual vs theoretical is also very crucial in analyzing stocks. invoice scanning to receive, cookbook is also vibrant to use.

Cons

mobile App not having full functions, combining two or more items that are attached as menu items is not possible. I need the incoming orders printable with order numbers also,

NP

Nick P.

Petri's Pour House Review

With Marketman I can easily see what my estimated costs are and then what they actually are. Every penny counts in this industry and this helps raise (or lower) menu items.

Pros

Versatility, keeps track of everything, not just one supplier. Orders are a snap, and receiving them is easier still

Cons

I would like to have more access to the database. I have some reports that i would like to run, that are not available. Like checking certain menu items per percent of cost and then those that are above a certain percentage. Other than that program works great.

VZ

Vladimir Z.

MarketMan

Pros

The most impactful feature of MarketMan for me is the ability to order produce on the fly and managing inventory made easy.

Cons

The UI sometimes lag in a mobile device.

TH

Tracy H.

Great software program

Pros

How inventory can be setup. Storage areas help a lot in case i have to stop and come back to finish it later. It seems to be well thought out

Cons

not sure. at first it took some getting used to but before long i got the hang of it, sometimes with the help of support, who were always very helpful and accomodating

VA

Verena A.

Simply Smashing

We have managed to finding glaring gaps in our recipes and formula.

Pros

Over all the system lacks a clumsiness which is present on a lot of F and B programmes. It is easy to track inventory And the statistical representations are presented in many different ways (info graphics, excel ) etc. There is something for everyone’s brains to be able to digest!

Cons

I found building the inventory difficult and that there doesn’t seem to be an option to link more than one product to multiple suppliers.

MN

Maria N.

Solved my Inventory Issues and easy to use

Pros

It's saving me a lot of time and I don't have to use the excel sheet in order to make the Inventory, user friendly and no cost for extra users, I can place the orders form the system and that's saving me time when I actually have to insert the Invoices in the system, price change notification and credit notification.

Cons

I don 't like the fact that when I change something in my POS system, for example if I modify only the name of an item in Revel, MarketMan is creating me a new Item.

Gerard E.

Efficient cost control for the Entrepreneur

Pros

MarketMan allows me to get food costs, pricing trends, even tax credits at the tip of my fingers and what's best is that it integrates with my Point of Sale and Accounting software so I don't even have to worry about those steps.

Cons

As with any other software, there are some limitations to what can be done, however, MarketMan team are ALWAYS there to support and provide a solution. Already I've recommended MarketMan to another colleague and it has changed the way he does business.

Ken W.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Although overall MarketMan has helped our business it has also been disappointing in its failures.

It has helped us reduce our cost of sale across both food & beverage and make our business more profitable. It allows us to monitor stock levels daily.

Pros

The fact that it is cloud based and is able to give us live results. The integration with iKentoo PoS and Xero (even though this has been problematic for months).

JF

Jennifer F.

Marketman

Pros

The customer service team is amazing! They are always so responsive and also push for new features based on feedback! They really listen and I love working with team!

Cons

Sometimes there are little nuances you have to remember and duplicating things amongst multiple locations or items can be time consuming.

BB

Ben B.

MarketMan Review- very useful

Very very good. Will recommend to any new jobs I get and to other in the industry

Pros

Cons

Some of the reporting can be merged into single products

ec

eber c.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Great Product

Pros

Easy use, great when looking for past orders, invoices and inventory.

Cons

minor technical difficulties. but nothing that customer support couldn't fix

RM

Rabih M.

Great Software, great support

MM is helping us solving our purchasing process by streamlining the procedures and bringing much more transparency and cost control.

Pros

The software is quite complete although there rooms for improvement, specially on the purchasing side. The support & training team is absolutely fantastic in terms of accessibility, knowledge and helpfulness.

Cons

Some features are a bit complicated to use specially if the users are not very tech savvy.