Marketman Reviews

Marketman

Restaurant inventory management software

4.74/5 (46 reviews)

Pros
  • Ve also been very impressed by the customer service. The customer representative has been very helpful and proactive about showing us how to get the most from MarketMan.Zac P.Read the full review
  • The accuracy of this data has been a huge time-saver for the restaurant group, and we have a better idea of how profitable we are day-to day.Melissa M.Read the full review
  • Marketman has a beautiful user interface with robust reporting that allows granular tracking at an item level.Joseph L.Read the full review
Cons
  • Although overall MarketMan has helped our business it has also been disappointing in its failures.Ken W.Read the full review
  • Before MM my inventory was really bad and once I discover this app everything felt into pieces.Maria N.Read the full review
  • The system works well, but when someone else has set it up, it can be difficult to find your way about the items in the program.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Phillip Macris

GREAT OPERATIONAL CONTROL PROGRAM

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Pros
- FULL INTERFACE WITH OUR POS - EASY TO USE, RELIABLE REPORTS - THEORETICAL VS ACTUAL REPORT ALLOWS TARGETED RESPONSES TO COSTING ISSUES - PURCHASING CONTROL - REDUCES LABOUR COST

Cons
MINOR ISSUES ONLY - ALTHOUGH EASY TO USE, THE LEARNING CURVE REQUIRES A SIGNIFICANT TIME INVESTMENT - OUR POS DOES NOT FULLY INTERACT WITH THE PROGRAM TO OUR SATISFACTION

Nicola Melillo

Consistently improving itself

Reviewed 2019-09-20

Pros
Ease of use - very intuitive Customer service - quickest ever Very detailed reports Best value for money Can integrate with multiple POS (virtually any if done manually ) Commissary Kitchen features Cook book option

Cons
Not having a product for the front end (POS) otherwise, no Cons.

Erik Diamond

Attentive but flawed technology

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Pros
Accurate food costs. Ability to reconcile invoices. Ability to order through the software. Works throughout my company.

Cons
Software doesnt always import to quickbooks. It took forever to get our Sysco account to work properly. COGS report should have snapshot view.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Melissa Montero

One platform, so many functions

Reviewed 2019-09-20

We have finally found a platform that meets all our needs, and the recipe costing feature syncing with our POS system is really worth it. So happy we chose MarketMan!

Pros
I am most happy that the price of an ingredient carries through all functions from ordering, receiving invoices and payment, recipe costing, and inventory. The accuracy of this data has been a huge time-saver for the restaurant group, and we have a better idea of how profitable we are day-to day.

Cons
Getting all the items and sub-recipes loaded into the system can be a bit time-consuming up front. Worth it in the end though.

Maria Nae

5 stars Inventory App

Reviewed 2020-01-24

Before MM my inventory was really bad and once I discover this app everything felt into pieces. Good training team, they answer all my questions really fast and scheduling a web training with them is really easy and fast.

Pros
Easy to use, placing order really fast with the phone app, best Inventory count system, best up to date inventory control (literally just a click away), time saving when it comes to invoicing (once the order is placed from MM, it's just a click away to transform it into an invoice), integrate with Quickbooks and Revel, cookbooks and multiple measurement units. The best customer service and the training team.

Cons
When integrating with my Revel system, if I change the name of an item, in MM it will appear as a new item and it's hard to follow older reports since the date is not consistent.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Rodney Ignacio

Great product

Reviewed 2019-10-04

Pros
Easy to organize daily operation, all orders are sent through Marketman. Easy to upload invoices. Cost food out as well able to keep up with price increase

Cons
Sometimes it freezes but had to do with our location

Nick Petri

Petri's Pour House Review

Reviewed 2019-04-26

With Marketman I can easily see what my estimated costs are and then what they actually are. Every penny counts in this industry and this helps raise (or lower) menu items.

Pros
Versatility, keeps track of everything, not just one supplier. Orders are a snap, and receiving them is easier still

Cons
I would like to have more access to the database. I have some reports that i would like to run, that are not available. Like checking certain menu items per percent of cost and then those that are above a certain percentage. Other than that program works great.

Gerard Edwards

Efficient cost control for the Entrepreneur

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Pros
MarketMan allows me to get food costs, pricing trends, even tax credits at the tip of my fingers and what's best is that it integrates with my Point of Sale and Accounting software so I don't even have to worry about those steps.

Cons
As with any other software, there are some limitations to what can be done, however, MarketMan team are ALWAYS there to support and provide a solution. Already I've recommended MarketMan to another colleague and it has changed the way he does business.

Ken Walton

Reviewed 2018-04-18

It has helped us reduce our cost of sale across both food & beverage and make our business more profitable. It allows us to monitor stock levels daily.

Pros
The fact that it is cloud based and is able to give us live results. The integration with iKentoo PoS and Xero (even though this has been problematic for months).

Cons
The very poor smartphone app - forces us to use laptops for stock counting etc. The poor response time to errors in the system - developers have taken months and to date issues are still not resolved.

Anil K C

Great software

Reviewed 2019-05-04

This software is helping our business with all our orderings, track privious orders and keep record of your spending. On top of that, having all suppliers in one platform is very handy.

Pros
One platform to have all the suppliers together and easy to order/track your needs.

Cons
Nothing so far.

Andrew McNamara

User Friendly Inventory Management :)

Reviewed 2018-09-28

This allowed us to more easily see price problems. We can now easily check margins on items, and get up to date pricing on all of our items. It has made our inventory process much less intimidating, both speeding up the process, and making us feel confident that our count was accurately costed.

Pros
After struggling to use other programs for months, I happily found Marketman. This is the only program I have found that is cloud based, really does speed up the inventory counting process, and is also very user friendly. We have multiple people that log in to our account to check prices and enter recipes, so it was important for it to be easy to access and navigate. It was also important for us to be able to enter in inventory while counting, and to potentially have multiple people do it at once. Finally I like the ease of downloading anything you need. Whether its an old invoice, inventory report, or any other report you can easily download and print anything you have entered.

Cons
The one thing I wish it had was conversions for recipe entering. Unless you have the same unit of measuring as it is received in, you will likely have to do some converting to type up your recipes. Cheftech allows you to enter in other units of measurement (ex 1 cup flour=4.5oz) so you can now type up recipes using cup measurements rather than all weights etc.

Anonymous

A good all around system

Reviewed 2019-04-28

The integrated sales/inventory/ordering part of this system is greatly beneficial to our operation, allowing us to compare actual to theoretical costs. It also has greatly sped up the inventory taking/entering process, once the initial set up is done.

Pros
This system is very easy to use and navigate. I have been able to pick up the functions without "formal" training by Marketman. Ordering and invoice entry are easy and quickly accomplished. The iPad capability helps ordering from shelf to order. The inventory system is easy to use and calculates COGS as well as profitability. One of the best parts about this system is not the program, but the support that comes with it. Whenever I contact them about questions, they are either able to immediately respond or they get back to you within 24 hours.

Cons
The system works well, but when someone else has set it up, it can be difficult to find your way about the items in the program. It is also quite difficult to change UOM for items once they are set up and sometimes it is simply easier to make a new entry and delete the old one.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

edward palomo

Overall functionality is fantastic really love the detail the system gives!

Reviewed 2018-04-23

usage reports ! pricing reports! financials ! and overall quality control on what items come into our stores!

Pros
I love the ease of getting all my stores inline when it comes to the products i decided to bring. The amount of time and work it takes to make a change from one brand to another happens in minutes. I love that im notified daily when there are price dependencies! at the end of the day we should always what on prices we agree on Market Man really brings that into light with the irregular price feature.

Cons
The only thing i dont like is the desktop version of market man its really tough to make changes in terms on turning items on and off for orders if this feature was available through the app for administrators that would be great!

Anonymous

Our best tool to manager our food and beverage cost !

Reviewed 2019-04-24

With MarketMan, we are able to monitor our Food and Beverage cost weekly to adapt our purchasing. It is also a great tool to negotiate best rates with our suppliers.

Pros
Easy to use and to understand for our team / Full of reports really useful / Making orders is easy and really flexible for our supplier / MarketMan Team is constantly listening and improving the software.

Cons
No way to manage internal transfer : transferring (in a simple way) a bottle of wine from our bar to our kitchen is impossible. No acces of all our product on their mobile : would be really useful when speaking with a supplier outside of the restaurant

Joseph LoNigro

Best bang for the buck

Reviewed 2019-04-25

Pros
Marketman has a beautiful user interface with robust reporting that allows granular tracking at an item level. The support team has a very solid understanding of food costing which also makes using the program that much easier. Personally, I am a huge advocate of doing one thing and doing it right. Marketman Does inventory and food cost controlling extremely well.

Cons
It would be nice if integrations took a little less digging on the restaurant side. It would be very helpful if there was the ability for a restaurant to build a custom item level report similar to the Cost of Goods report in which we could put specific items i.e chicken and get a set ALL day/week/month usage.

Simon Eaton

MarketMan - Solving a gap in the market

Reviewed 2018-10-05

We've used it for a couple of years now, due to operational issues we've put it down and picked back up again when we can, now we're focusing on it's full capability again and hope to keep the momentum.

Pros
It's pretty straightforward, there's some terminology that's confusing, but that's appropriate to the tasks in hand. It's pretty straightforward to use.

Cons
Sometimes it doesn't do what I need it to do al the time, the iPad app is good, but lacks some of the important desktop functionality. Again, that's the beauty of an iPad though I having a quick function on tasks.

Ray Glover

The new scanning inventory system is amazing. Saves hours of time

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Inventory control and menu management is key to our business and this software has created a key asset to our company

Pros
Inventory , based on orders make it easy to find issues with personnel stealing product. By having a system to scan invoices makes it much easier to keep inventory control

Cons
I can't find an issue with the system currently . that is because when I have a request it is usually filled

Mark Bires

Elegantly designed software

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Pros
This is very elegant, easy to use software, and they are actively maintaining and improving it. Still behind other softwares in terms of 3rd party interfaces, but they seem to be actively working on upgrades. Service is outstanding.

Cons
They aspire to significantly raising the cost of the software, raising prices and charging for upgrades a la carte rather than adding value, so software may be more expensive than competitors.

Caleb Ouma

After using SAP for 4yrs, I came to use Marketman with a lean, effective & efficient functionality

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Pros
Flexibility and accessibility being powered by online resources, actual vs theoretical is also very crucial in analyzing stocks. invoice scanning to receive, cookbook is also vibrant to use.

Cons
mobile App not having full functions, combining two or more items that are attached as menu items is not possible. I need the incoming orders printable with order numbers also,

Verena Antonia

Simply Smashing

Reviewed 2019-05-02

We have managed to finding glaring gaps in our recipes and formula.

Pros
Over all the system lacks a clumsiness which is present on a lot of F and B programmes. It is easy to track inventory And the statistical representations are presented in many different ways (info graphics, excel ) etc. There is something for everyone’s brains to be able to digest!

Cons
I found building the inventory difficult and that there doesn’t seem to be an option to link more than one product to multiple suppliers.

Maria Nae

Solved my Inventory Issues and easy to use

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Pros
It's saving me a lot of time and I don't have to use the excel sheet in order to make the Inventory, user friendly and no cost for extra users, I can place the orders form the system and that's saving me time when I actually have to insert the Invoices in the system, price change notification and credit notification.

Cons
I don 't like the fact that when I change something in my POS system, for example if I modify only the name of an item in Revel, MarketMan is creating me a new Item.

Jennifer Ferrebee

Marketman

Reviewed 2018-10-11

Pros
The customer service team is amazing! They are always so responsive and also push for new features based on feedback! They really listen and I love working with team!

Cons
Sometimes there are little nuances you have to remember and duplicating things amongst multiple locations or items can be time consuming.

eber contreras

Great Product

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Pros
Easy use, great when looking for past orders, invoices and inventory.

Cons
minor technical difficulties. but nothing that customer support couldn't fix

Edgar Allan Pol

Loading process

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Overall satisfied user

Pros
Its very convinient and structural. Always updated and accurate

Cons
Loading process kinda slow and sometimes lag.

Juan Pablo Salazar Grau

It solved the problems I was having with stock control

Stock and recipe control

Pros
I liked that it is WebBased and I can access it where ever I am at. The ease of use is great and I have been recommending it. I am exited to see the new Menu feature.

Cons
I wish I could calculate the value of my stock at any given point in time. I also would like for the costs of goods sold would take into consideration the value of stock. The app functionalities should also be more broad.