ServiceM8 Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.32/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Intuitive but very powerful but when you do need help their support team is ready and able. There are so many options it is best to just click on everything.
Has been great, with great help when needed , i highly recommend this software to any business that wants to have sucsess.
Thank you for being so helpful and taking feedback in order to continue assisting us in providing services that we require. Customer service amazing.
Missing intervention features and worst of all is the lack of customer support and development forthcoming.
But when you find issues, you will be ignored by ServiceM8.
Since then the only contact I've had was after I complained every 2 weeks that we'd heard nothing and more duplicates were being created.

ER

Erik R.

Amazing service software

Um well I am in the pressure washing - gutter cleaning business and needed a software to keep track of customers, have 2 way sync with quick books online and easy scheduling. I tried literally probably 100 crms before I settled on service m8. It was a perfect balance of amazing features but a good cost

Pros

iOS contact integration Qbo 2 way sync Stripe online payments Google? Auto fill for address! Schedule can export to google or Apple calendars Automated messages sent Ability to store files to customers Pay per job created Auto check into job and tells you when to leave to get there on time Also great integrations with mail chimp and other softwares So many good things yet not perfect

Cons

I wish it had or could change the following: Better customer organization And ability to tag customers. Better check In check out feature because often I forget... The job contact/ billing contact is wonky. Seems like I enter a new job and it shows up as job contact but not billing. It's just confusing Better system to map customer routes and book jobs. You currently can see your customers in a map view but would be nice to be able to do something with it. Automated messages should automatically be able to go out after job completion to ask for reviews ect Be more consistent with how clients show up in list - sometimes it client will come up Last name, first name and sometimes first name last name. No ability to add mobile number from mobile app.

NM

Nick M.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Still getting started, but it seems pretty good

I started attempting to use ServiceM8 about a year ago. I also changed my books from good old Cashflow Manager to Xero, which I setup to sync with ServiceM8. I am a one-man show. I say "attempted" to use ServiceM8, because, at the time, I was many months behind on my books/invoices, and the situation really got even worse. I have now got my books up to date, and I am working through doing many months...

Pros

Works offline. Seems fairly simple. Fast. Plenty of features. Should end up saving me plenty of time.

Cons

Im still a bit nervous about keeping important business data "in the cloud" in someone else's hands.

Building Materials, 1-10 employees

Customer service is horrendous

If you run into a problem, you cannot count on ServiceM8 to help you. Their customer service is horrible and they don't have a phone number to contact. They have put my business on hold because of an issue with their product.

Pros

Has most features that are necessary for a trade business.

Cons

Templates for quoting and invoicing ARE NOT easy to set up for personalised ones. You cannot on charge credit card fees.

AL

Anita L.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great product, so clever yet so simple

I love this product - I tell everyone about it because it transformed my business and allowed it to expand! It is so unassuming that it quietly achieves everything you could possibly want at the fraction of the cost of its competitors ( who quite often only do some of what Sm8 can do) without big noise or complicated programming- just effortless and seamless practicality- as you may be able to tell I am a huge fan - I love a great product and Servicem8 is one of them.

Pros

Best feature is the mobile app - we can run our business from our phone on the road - the app is far better than its competitors and means we only need one device on the road - which is way better for our employees who find it tricky and impractical to juggle a phone and a tablet or laptop

Cons

Hmm..only thing I wish it could do was run projects as well that way it would could do everything in our business - progress claims, variations etc. it can do partial invoicing which we find works a treat as a progress claim but for more complicated project based work it may be too simple - but do the trial so you can find out. As this product is not targeted at project building jobs this is more of a dream request than a ' con'.

Thanks Anita, really happy to hear to that you love ServiceM8. Project management support isn't on any near horizon but we may improve support for it in the future.

KM

Klaus M.

1-10 employees

Essential to the efficient running of our business

ServiceM8 is a wonderful product and plays an essential role in the running of our business. My boss uses the app on his iPad and iPhone to undertake the work whilst I am in the office using the ServiceM8 website to control his jobs and send out invoices. There is no more duplication as everything is recorded in ServiceM8 and, once completed, jobs are automatically added to our accounting package. There have been great efficiency gains since we moved over to ServiceM8.

Pros

Too many to mention including ease of use in all aspects from booking work to sending invoices, storage of information, communication between workers and admin staff, can work anywhere where an internet connection is available, system availability (I don't remember a single outage in the 4.5 years we've been using it) and, of equal importance , support from the ServiceM8 support team who have always been quick to respond.

Cons

Not much, only that suggestions for change require votes from other users to lift the suggestion's priority before it is implemented. I have made some very useful suggestions to improve the product and frustrated as there is no support from other users but I suspect they are all too busy to look at them and therefore no change.

PA

Paul A.

Service M8, my hero!

Help me! Service M8 is my only hope! I am a large, robust, and intimidating man, so I am told. However, when it comes to Field Service Software, I am very much the quintessential damsel in distress. I have tried Fleetmatics, Mhelpdesk, Servicebridge, FieldProMax, FSM by Corrigo, and a few others with no success, with nothing to show for it, but less hair on my head and elevated cortisol...

Pros

It works! It is simple and easy to use. The support is super stellar!!

Cons

iOS only, no equipment tracking.

SG

Stuart G.

ServiceM8 evolutionised our filed services business processes

Were we a small business stuck in paper-based processes full of duplication and inefficiency. We explore so many options but found we couldn't afford most of the offerings available and found they didn't match our needs. We had considered expensive customised systems but found they too were stuck in the 19th century way of doing things. We needed a simple, cost effective cloud system to revolutionise...

Pros

Simple, easy and effective. Plus the price - perfect for us!

Cons

No system can suit all customer preferences, so there are a few things we would change, but otherwise ServiceM8 is terrific and can't be faulted.

DY

David Y.

Construction, 11-50 employees

ServiceM8 is very good we have used it for years and have recomended it to other trades. We were using paper and phone calls for job dispatch before we started using servicem8. We understood business and new how to run efficiently so we were only prepared to choose a system that enhanced our ability and not overcomplicate matters. We chose it over several other field service software providers, and we havent looked back.

Pros

it is very easy to use, it is extreamly cost effective. It is powerful. it is easy to make it work the way that suits your individual needs. Field staff use it instinctivly with very little training generally half an hour and in some cases staff just start using it with almost no training and just the odd question now and then. Our customers are impressed with how professional a tradesman in the field can be using serviceM8 on the iphone, especially when they get emailed the invoice while we are still on site.

Cons

there is no specific parts of servicem8 that we dont like.

RM

Robert M.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Great software for small trades businesses

ServiceM8 has been an integral part of my small electrical business for quite some time now. It is easy to use, requires minimal staff training, and is very flexible when combined with available add-ins such as Forms. I am a sole trader and sm8 has enabled me to reduce my office time from approx 10hrs per week to 2hrs per week. This has been achieved by invoicing clients directly from on site and using the forms add-in to go 100% paperless (except for incoming invoices etc.) I would recommend any business owner who is not using similar software to give it a go and im sure after the setup phase you will be impressed.

Pros

Forms add-on. Ability to access job history from anywhere anytime.

Cons

Inability to use purchase orders.

Bv

Ben v.

Construction, 1-10 employees

I kinda like ServiceM8 a whole lot.

I was on another platform that felt like it was built on matchsticks. Every time there was a update something else would collapse. ServiceM8 seems to have a solid base as I use to hold my breath when an update would come up but it just got better hassle free.

Pros

Easy of use and it kinda makes sense to us Tradies. New employees seem to pick it up very easily and they like using it. Adding multiple photos is SO easy. The sync with Xero is great also.

Cons

That you can't update Clients email addresses in the job so you need to edit it and save it in the Clients profile. But i'm sure they will be updating that soon.

IA

Ian A.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

ServiceM8 is Gold

We have been using ServiceM8 for a couple of years, we find the intergrated system very useful and time saving, the ability to communicate with our clients on multiply uses within ServiceM8 has meant speedy outcomes and happy clients. The database means we can easily check client history and be proactive to repeat business engagement. The instantaneous connection to staff schedules via the mobile app means less chance of client error occuring. The pay as you go means there is minimal wastage on features that may not be relevant to our requirements.

Pros

with little training staff easily use and adapt to ServiceM8; the ability to check on staff locations; ability to submit a quote quickly has impressed clients.

Cons

limited ability to have common quote templates; difficulty in quick history checks on job numbers needing to enter multiple job cards to find the right one ( need the ability to add a discriptor). this also applies to multiple quotes on a job card ( require to send multiple emails to differentiate between quotes using the "Subject" line) Is only available on IOS platform.

MC

Mark C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Brilliant software to manage jobs and staff for any service based business.

ServiceM8 has been the single best system we have ever implemented in our business. It allows us to manage our jobs and staff far more productively, and ensure that no job is ever missed. Since implementing ServiceM8, our productivity has doubled, so that we are now twice as profitable with the same number of staff. We could not possibly consider what business life would be like without ServiceM8.

Pros

The system gives us full visibility of all our jobs and how they are progressing. It provides our staff with instant access to the information they require to complete their work in a professional and timely fashion, and allows them to instantly invoice clients for completed work (and even take immediate payments), which dramatically improves our cashflow.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Thanks Mark!

SM

Sean M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Very easy to use job management software. Easy to pick up on the fly and get new staff up to speed.

The ability to streamline a small business with this software ensure that small business that implement Servicem8 will see an uptick in productivity and also regain time they previously spent on managing their business using paper/older systems.

Pros

It provides small/medium size business an affordable job management solution. The software is constantly evolving and new features are being added and expanded upon. For people who are after an easy to use quoting, invoicing and job management software, it's hard to look past Servicem8.

Cons

Some of the features such as badges are a bit basic and feel like they could be fleshed out more. I've no doubt this will happen over time though. iOS only for the phone apps leaves the android market out in the cold. Would love to see the software expand onto the android platform as well.

PJ

Paul J.

1-10 employees

Great Mate

I've been using SM8 for 12 months now and it has escalated our job organisation and customer impression significantly.

Pros

Easy to Use. Affordably scalable. Cloud based, mobile and desktop friendly. Networkable. Helps us keep great communication between field workers and customers in a way that puts us in a class above the rest. Live tracking of field workers for both head office and customers. Integrated 'Request a Quote' web button on our site that converts all the web-request form info into a SM8 job in an instant. Support is fast, personal and determined to find or create solutions.

Cons

Features I find myself wishing for: customisable fields for added data collection on jobs (e.g. a way of recording and reporting marketing information. We always ask, "Where did you find us?" but there's nowhere in SM* to record that information in a way that I can print a report at the end of each month to show where our advertising is working.)

TG

Trinidad G.

Fantastic invoicing software.

This has helped with my small business looking big and professional organized. Very helpful with recording of pictures, gps navigation, auto times tracking, note recording , check list and many more helpful tips to organize files.

Pros

Cons

Will love to see electronic signature on email response for authorization of work contracted. Also love to see additional authorization signature for unforeseen change orders or additional work authorization.

PP

Patty P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Swimart Somerton Park

Easy to use, quoting and invoicing is made easy, keeping track of jobs and service technicians. The clocking in and out of jobs helps us for invoicing time on site and also deal with customer queries and complaints, we are able to log back into job and answer any onsite questions about time spent on site, photos help when we need to order parts etc. and notes about what was done on site. Fanstastic.

Pros

sms clients to let them know we are on out way, ease of communicating with our techs out on the field, invoicing straight to xero.

Cons

not able to delete all the existing materials as a lot of it is wrong or doubled up. Would like to deleted all the data and reload again.

GW

Geraint W.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

Awful Customer Service and ethics

Expensive for the instability of the software. Their customer service is pursuant to their financial gain and not of customer satisfaction

Pros

Really intuitive and with huge potential

Cons

The customer service is awful and misled

SC

Stuart C.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent invoicing tool for small business.

As a new small business starting up, I needed a simple to use, practical invoicing system capable to function for a field service plant mechanic. Searching the web I found Servicem8 & haven't looked back. Not knowing computers in & out, any issues that have presented themselves have quickly & informatively been rectified by the ever helpful support team.

Pros

1.Ease of use while in the field working. 2. Support is excellent.

Cons

Only on my part not being computer efficient enough to use Servicem8 to its full potential.

GR

Graham R.

Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

Awesome piece of software couldnt be happier

Pricing structure is great very affordable. Help from customer support is always so easy to get for the times i have needed to re tweek templates and for when i need to find out the most efficent process to achieve my fesired outcome. I love the fact its aussie made as well i have reccomended it to multiple other small businesses too i espically like the ability to process card payments without all the ridiculous fees its certainly given me more options for my clients

Pros

The fact it has reduced so much actual paperwork especially as it integrates with myob Ability to take card payments and show me client history at my fingertips

Cons

There are still room for improvements like everything so probably the fact that there are a few items that could be made easier is my only con.

VP

Vivian P.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Great online software program

After a long search for a service program we decided to try out ServiceM8. It integrates well with Xero accounting package. We have saved a huge amount of time using ServiceM8 on our mechanic's phones - rather than paper forms. OHS forms are easy to use. Scheduling is simple. We only pay for the jobs we use - so very economical.

Pros

Ease of use. Minimal training required for mechanics. Keeps great track of time spent, items used, and work done. Pictures can be saved on the jobs for future reference. Support team is very quick to reply to emails if we are ever unsure how to use something. Price is great compared with other software on the market.

Cons

Only supports Apple products. No purchasing through this program, so accurate job costing is a bit lacking.

AM

Alan M.

Servicem8 is the best by far

Have been using servicem8 for years and don't know how we managed without it. It is now an important integral part of our business.

Pros

The way it is so easy to adapt to our business needs. It is so easy to configure into the way we want to use in our daily tasks. Used everyday.

Cons

To be honest haven't had any problems that we haven't been able to overcome.

LA

Luke A.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great app (if you exclusively use Apple based products)

One of our warranty companies switched to this app and required us to switch our existing Android based infrastructure to Apple. We went as far as to purchase iPads and iPhones for most of our workforce and the warranty company dropped the app. This was not the fault of ServiceM8, but the warranty company. If they offered the program on Android, I would recommend this app to all of our business partners due to it's streamlined interface and design.

Pros

The app was fairly easy to navigate and data input was lightning quick. Most information was easy to locate and edit for warranty repair service jobs.

Cons

The fact that this app was ONLY available on Apple products is a deal breaker for our company. We have 30+ technicians operating in the field and provide them with Android based phones due to the lower overall cost and availability of military grade/nearly indestructible phones. When a technician breaks a phone, we can replace for a minimal investment. We refuse to outfit everyone with iPhones at an average cost of $700+ per new phone when we can get similar phone and app functions for a fraction of the cost ($100). In an office environment, where phones are kept safer... this app may work wonders for them.

JE

Joshua E.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing Tool for Small Business!

ServiceM8 is a must for project/job tracking. My business has used ServiceM8 for over 3 years, and I cannot image a day without it. The best part, it's affordable- pay for what you need, and forget what you don't. Quickly add new features with the click of your mouse. Excellent features, works seamlessly with Quickbooks Online!

Pros

- Compatible with Quickbooks Online - Super Easy to Use - Cost Effective

Cons

- Job diaries cannot be exported easily - More customizable to other business types, like web designers, etc.

PR

Paul R.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great platform for small business

I have been using ServiceM8 for over 1 year now and it makes running my business so easy! Scheduling and invoicing right at your fingertips and the ability to go back and look up old jobs on the job site is invaluable. Extras like the form builder are also a great tool to complete onsite documentation rather than doing it back at the office on the computer

Pros

Easy to use, great value

Cons

Would like to be able to select more than 1 job contact within a job or be able to select from the client file which contact i want to use for a job. I do have a work around but this is all I can think of that is negative

MC

Mark C.

Bang for the buck!

Getting better to use. Still some bugs but for my company there's not s better, more cost effective solution. I'm sticking with ServiceM8 all the way. Hoping for perfect do day, but it's the best so far!

Pros

Well featured. It does most every thing I want and fairly easy one you learn the quirks