ServiceM8 Reviews

Pros

Intuitive but very powerful but when you do need help their support team is ready and able. There are so many options it is best to just click on everything.

BP

Bruce P.

I've recommended to 2 other businesses just this week. My favourite aspects are that it's visually appealing, easy to use, reliable & customer support is extremely prompt.

SK

Sam K.

We have been using ServiceM8 since 2013 and it's been a great success. Easy to learn, easy to learn and easy to teach.

BG

Ben G.

Cons

Missing intervention features and worst of all is the lack of customer support and development forthcoming.

CG

Chris G.

But when you find issues, you will be ignored by ServiceM8.

DA

Danielle A.

Since then the only contact I've had was after I complained every 2 weeks that we'd heard nothing and more duplicates were being created.

DA

Danielle A.

How would you rate ServiceM8?

I love this product. I am a daily user and use it for all of my online invoicing for my business.

A real time-saver and great for monitoring all invoice statuses -

Pros

My favorite feature is the way you can send via email, a past due notice for your invoices and how easy it is to customize all email templates. Customize your quotes, estimates, invoices, past due invoices, and schedule the past due invoice notice date

Cons

Only that you can only schedule one follow-up past due invoice. I would like to send past due notices every 15, 30, 45 days and send demand for payment emails at 60 and 90 days and then a notice for collections notice at 112 days stating past due account goes into collection at 120 days - Then it is out of our hands -

A must have for trades

We have only been using the platform for a month

Pros

- The pricing structure is something that initially drew our attention. Instead of being per user it is a monthly fee (plus add-ons). - The job scheduling is very easy to use and with a team scheduler add-on you can select multiple team members for the same job. - the phone app is extremely useful. You can select to text a customer when you are on route (providing you've set it all up before hand)....

Cons

- Sometimes the navigation functions can be time consuming. It would be handy to raise a job from within the client module window (i.e. when you open a client you can view current and past jobs but you cannot raise a new one and therefore have to go to dispatch board). - It would be good to have a shortcut to raise a new job on the main menu rather than having to select dispatch board. - the asset scanning only appears to work with purchase stickers from ServiceM8 (unless we haven't discovered correctly how to do this with other ones...) - It is limited to IOS so we have had to purchase iPad minis to sync with our android devices.

Needs More Customer Focus For Future Improvement

Overall it has great features but lacking one major feature for us which would cut down our admin time for invoicing and that is batch invoicing. Customer service unable to help with timelines for this upgrade or indication if it will be implemented?

Pros

Stability in remote areas where signal is poor, Servicem8 holds up and we've tried them all

Cons

Invoicing more than one job for one client during the month, no ability to combine jobs into one invoice? Feature requested in 2012 for batch/bulk invoicing and still nothing....

Great for a start up

Great!

Pros

Great software for a startup company or even a large company. I Love the fact that when we started out we could easily afford this software and as we grew we could level up the software and still afford it. Similar software would have broke us be for we even got started plus servicem8 is more powerful software and meets all our needs now and has options that will meet all future needs. We will use Servicem8 forever and recommend it regularly.

Cons

customer support is email or chat only and sometimes I need immediate help and cant get it that fast. But a small price to pay for such great and affordable software.

Best Service Managing software I have used!

Ease to schedule, invoice, quotes and payments.

Pros

It is a very well rounded software. Every year they add new features at no cost that improve the interaction with it.

Cons

Wish they mad a version for Android. Most of my team uses Android and we have to provide them with an Apple device in order to use the software.

ServiceM8 - The best little piece of software ever.

After decades of experience implementing various business information systems, I have never before had such pleasure working with such a fine product. ServiceM8 is not only exceptionally easy to use, the depth of functionality if mind boggling. The team at ServiceM8 have re-defined job costing and the ability to monitor job profitability. The average trades person is able to instantly review how...

Pros

Job Documentation. Efficiently created - conveniently organised - instantly accessible now and forever. The ServiceM8 "job" can house virtually everything which should be stored away about a job - The documentation can and should include everything from inception to completion - and everything in between. The owner of one of our clients commented "If you were here yesterday - you would have...

Cons

Purchase Orders. We need the ability to accommodate the trades person who calls into the trade shop on the way to a job site for necessary job materials. I'd like to see the ability to snap a photo of the purchase order, store the transaction against the job, capture transaction details via OCR, post the transactions to the job, and pass the pending transaction to the integrated accounting system. This is not necessarily a 'con' - it something additional that I feel should be there to expand the functionality - Wish list stuff - With a development team like the crew at ServiceM8 - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they'll deliver - more than likely something even better than my concept.

Small Service Business Gold

I have ServiceM8 open right now, and do most days. This is simply the best deal for the money. Period.

Pros

I've tried multiple platforms for my small handyman/remodeling company. ServiceM8 is by far the best value for the money. Easy to use, Easy to setup and it integrates with QuickBooks. I use it every day and could not imagine keeping up with clients, contractors and jobs without it.

Cons

Only con -- it only works on Mac/IOs platforms. I completely understand why they've made this decision, but it is limiting. It's also feature-lite, if you need something beefy this may not be for you, but for a small business that only needs the basics, it's without equal.

Superb Small business software for Scheduling

Simple to use and schedule installers whilst capturing customer communications. I use this software in 2 small business operating in New Zealand construction industry and it works well in both. 1 integrated with Xero...this works well. 1 is not integrated to accounting for complexity of pricing reasons...but one day, I will reconfigure our pricing so I can. Overall, excellent software especially when you can design new processes to ensure users can populate the information and view what they need to see in a timely fashion.

Pros

Especially powerful is the remote users...managers and installers accessing and updating information from iPhones and iPads. We capture on-site photos. We capture on-site Hazard ID information and customer sign-off for quality.

Cons

no App for Androids. We have contract installers and persuading them to ditch their Samsung for an iPhone hasn't worked. (We synch with Google Calendars for them.)

Absolutely great for trades

We setup a fire alarm business and needed a system to link customers, engineers, head office and invoicing in one eco-system. ServiceM8 does this and more. They work with a UK based company to provide support and form customisation. The custom forms are leapyears ahead and it gave our business a great professional headstart.

Pros

We found the app easy to integrate and the pc web-based interface is very intuitive. The ability to create custom forms, and other custom services is invaluable. The auto emailing of customers for invoices and quotes makes the business look extremely professional.

Cons

They have no support for android nor do they have an android app. I find this incredulous given that Android is such a large user. It was for this reason that we stopped using the software.

Life Changing App for Small Business Owners

If you own a small business in the Service Industry and you want your life back, then you need ServiceM8. Our landscaping company has gone from a rather unprofessional mob of blokes working their rears off to a very slick team of professionals, and we are blitzing the opposition!

Pros

What sets ServiceM8 apart from the many "other" apps out there is that ServiceM8 is ever evolving, it is owned by an Australian Company which is run by "down to earth" people who listen. The flexibility of the system is awesome (one size does not fit all, but there is always a workaround for little things) and so many options and add ons to suit the individual business, many are free.

Cons

If pushed I'd say the "Apple" thing, but honestly when your business is booming, the cost of another iPad is not an issue!

Lots to like..but when you find issues, you will be ignored by ServiceM8

Overall, the software is pretty good; it covers a lot of ground and addresses a few of the pain points. There are glitches and no software is perfect but that's not really our issue. Our problem is the lack of customer service you receive when there are issues. Last year, over the space of 6 weeks we had 92 duplicate jobs appear in our calendar. Confused the team and was a tedious pain to find & remove...

Pros

- Integrates with Xero...limited merge fields but enough to make it work - GPS & time tracking - Service reminders

Cons

- Zero followup or support when reporting glitches - Dispatch board gets very buggy and sometimes won't render correctly on desktop - On the CRM side, you need to memorise where you can edit things without it glitching e.g. you can't change payment terms via editing a client found in global search, updating a client doesn't update the recurring job - you need to also update the template...double handling, if you try to edit/add contacts or change their role from the client page it will fail to pull these into a new job.

Still getting started, but it seems pretty good

I started attempting to use ServiceM8 about a year ago. I also changed my books from good old Cashflow Manager to Xero, which I setup to sync with ServiceM8. I am a one-man show. I say "attempted" to use ServiceM8, because, at the time, I was many months behind on my books/invoices, and the situation really got even worse. I have now got my books up to date, and I am working through doing many months...

Pros

Works offline. Seems fairly simple. Fast. Plenty of features. Should end up saving me plenty of time.

Cons

Im still a bit nervous about keeping important business data "in the cloud" in someone else's hands.

Hesitant but hopeful, and pleasantly suprised.

As a tiny service company competing against global powerhouses, we have been searching for a long time for a program to help us consolidate our business software. We had a system that worked for us, but it was clunky due to it being a series of stand alone programs we would multitask together. SignNow, Quickbooks online, Notes, emails (2 different ones) and photos all worked, but took about 1/2...

Pros

Hard to say: Its super easy to use, has all the features we already used and more. Stable, powerful and integrates into QBO and emails seamlessly. Customer service communication inside the program is outstanding. Being able to ask questions without starting new emails or having an agent auto close a question ticket before all the questions are completed is being A+ customer service.

Cons

Only nitpicking things really. We run strictly OS machines, so there are a few features we cannot use because they seem to only work on Windows browsers. Diary notes are great, but hard to edit/can't edit. Not a big deal, but never the less, our fat fingers can sometimes make us look unprofessional without the ability to edit before we email. Switching between phone and tablet on the job. This...

Great software for the service Industry

I do save a lot of time since i started using ServiceM8 and generally are getting paid faster. One client said the other day when i had finished, great work send your invoice if you haven't already. I said on its not done yet but was by the time i drove away. Later that night i saw that the invoice had been paid. How good is that. With all that being said, like every peace of software out in the market...

Pros

There are two great features that made me go with ServiceM8. 1/ As a sole operator (at the moment) the cost per month was fantastic as i was only paying for what jobs i could do in the month. Some other programs have a flat cost per month that covers x number of users, this is fine if you already have a fleet of vans on the road but can be a serious cash flow problem when your on your own. 2/ The...

Cons

Probably the most cumbersome feature i have found but still use it. Partial invoicing allows me to do progress invoicing on the larger job that go for several months and i need to invoice the client at the end of each month. Another thing i wasn't happy with at the beginning was that the app only works on iPhone / iPad but once i bit the bullet and brought an iPad (everyone needs a toy) I soon found it totally worth it in lots of ways.

Horrible Customer Service

Very frustrating!

Pros

Our franchise likes the product. I registered prior to them getting the franchise edition. I'm on the franchise edition and the single subscription. They have ServiceM8 has been double dipping on me since Oct. I've called emailed, chatted and they will not cancel nor would they direct me on how to cancel my single subscription. At least not until yesterday January 28, 2020. Oh but before I could cancel today they billed me again.

Cons

Horrible customer service when it comes to trying to cancel service. No one in chat or by email or phone knows how to cancel their service. I've been reaching out to cancel since Oct. I finally got through to someone yesterday that walked me through settings and said to click the red button. I said what red button? I'm a mobile user and have never used a PC with app. Was told to login that way and cancel. However before I was able to login today I was billed for another month of service. Cannot report them to the BBB as they are located in Australia -

Hi Sig H. We're sorry to hear of this experience you've had with ServiceM8. For security reasons we can't cancel an account on a customer's behalf; it must be done by you through the secure and structured account cancellation process. We do have a public "How to cancel my account?" article in our Help Centre (https://support.servicem8.com/hc/en-us), but it's clear we let you down in our interactions...

ServiceM8 is changing my business

I have been looking for a job Managment program for 3 years we started a 30 day trial of another product and we were having trouble interfacing to myob the Suport was very poor and many limitations on the product. The video help is so easy and every thing I need is documented. I found servicem8 on some web searches I signed up for a free trial and enjoyed my experience bit had many questions. I received...

Pros

I like the way it is cloud based with a local back up so even if use connection we can still keep operating our business. The ability to invoce quote in same platform record photo collect signatures there is not enough room to write the advantages of servicem8 over its rivals.

Cons

I really want to track purchase orders on the system it currently dose not Suport I hope enough people ask for it and it becomes part of servicem8 platform.

Great Software

Great software , I have not had any real problems

Pros

The software has a lot of hidden things that are untapped like location of techs, signature, photos, tells you when to leave to arrive at your next appointment on time

Cons

Not been able to talk to tech support everything is done via chat which can be a pain, the suggestion needs to be where you can more than 3 suggestions

The Simplicity of ServiceM8

As a partner with ServiceM8 we've had exciting times with assisting businesses take advantage of powerful features the application has to offer. From creating forms through to managing staff, assigning jobs and scheduling work. The company has really gone to a great extend to make the application as user friendly as possible. This enables users to easily understand their new process when we introduce the application in their business. The cost involved is also of benefit to the Company as it is based on the amount of jobs processed through ServiceM8. Thus if you're going through a quite period the application tailors your subscription cost to the amount of jobs processed. An extremely favorable option amongst Trades industries.

Pros

- Being able to create forms directly from the mobile devices. - New diagram feature release also available on mobile devices. - Being able to save communication between customers and tradesman directly on a job. - Customized document templates. - Being able to send a quote directly via SMS - The ability to have all your Parts & Materials and Services available in the system to add onto a job. - The customized html code which allows Customers to make bookings directly from your website.

Cons

- The application is not available on Android devices. This is often the main decider for Tradies as most often they opt for Android devices since it is more affordable.

This product saved our Business from going crazy

I love ServiceM8. I am the owner of a Irrigation Installation and Maintenance Company that service a large number of diverse customers. As my company grew I discovered that small details were slipping through the cracks and we were not delivering the great service that we knew we could. This started us looking for a software product that fit the scale of our business was easy to use and intuitive....

Pros

The mapping features amazing. My ability to look over the large service area that we cover and see where jobs are is a great tool for us to improve our routes and become more efficient. This software links flawlessly into my Xero account and make bookkeeping a breeze.

Cons

There appears to be some double entry issues that I wish were improved. When I enter a persons address, name, number as a Job Contact it would be nice to be able to then click a box to have that info transfer to other areas like Billing Contact so I don't have to re enter the same info. (this may be possible already and I just have not learned how to do it)

Amazing service software

Um well I am in the pressure washing - gutter cleaning business and needed a software to keep track of customers, have 2 way sync with quick books online and easy scheduling. I tried literally probably 100 crms before I settled on service m8. It was a perfect balance of amazing features but a good cost

Pros

iOS contact integration Qbo 2 way sync Stripe online payments Google? Auto fill for address! Schedule can export to google or Apple calendars Automated messages sent Ability to store files to customers Pay per job created Auto check into job and tells you when to leave to get there on time Also great integrations with mail chimp and other softwares So many good things yet not perfect

Cons

I wish it had or could change the following: Better customer organization And ability to tag customers. Better check In check out feature because often I forget... The job contact/ billing contact is wonky. Seems like I enter a new job and it shows up as job contact but not billing. It's just confusing Better system to map customer routes and book jobs. You currently can see your customers in a map view but would be nice to be able to do something with it. Automated messages should automatically be able to go out after job completion to ask for reviews ect Be more consistent with how clients show up in list - sometimes it client will come up Last name, first name and sometimes first name last name. No ability to add mobile number from mobile app.

Great product, so clever yet so simple

I love this product - I tell everyone about it because it transformed my business and allowed it to expand! It is so unassuming that it quietly achieves everything you could possibly want at the fraction of the cost of its competitors ( who quite often only do some of what Sm8 can do) without big noise or complicated programming- just effortless and seamless practicality- as you may be able to tell I am a huge fan - I love a great product and Servicem8 is one of them.

Pros

Best feature is the mobile app - we can run our business from our phone on the road - the app is far better than its competitors and means we only need one device on the road - which is way better for our employees who find it tricky and impractical to juggle a phone and a tablet or laptop

Cons

Hmm..only thing I wish it could do was run projects as well that way it would could do everything in our business - progress claims, variations etc. it can do partial invoicing which we find works a treat as a progress claim but for more complicated project based work it may be too simple - but do the trial so you can find out. As this product is not targeted at project building jobs this is more of a dream request than a ' con'.

Thanks Anita, really happy to hear to that you love ServiceM8. Project management support isn't on any near horizon but we may improve support for it in the future.

Servicem8 has streamlined our business immensely

We are a service business and have found quoting through to invoicing is sooo much easier with Servicem8.

Pros

- Easy to use and the search function (when working well). Also the ability to accept CC payments via stripe and push invoice details through to Xero. - Pricepoint is good and encourages businesses to utilize more areas.

Cons

- Lack of training videos. - Also difficult to work out how to update out job card for other 3rd party contacts. - Converting an email to a job seems to have changed for the worse and is much more difficult now! - It would be great to be able to oncharge a the service fee for Credit cards in the invoicing template, e.g. if the cc link is used you can set an automatic percentage amount to be added on. ie 1% or a set $ amount.

ServiceM8 is Gold

We have been using ServiceM8 for a couple of years, we find the intergrated system very useful and time saving, the ability to communicate with our clients on multiply uses within ServiceM8 has meant speedy outcomes and happy clients. The database means we can easily check client history and be proactive to repeat business engagement. The instantaneous connection to staff schedules via the mobile app means less chance of client error occuring. The pay as you go means there is minimal wastage on features that may not be relevant to our requirements.

Pros

with little training staff easily use and adapt to ServiceM8; the ability to check on staff locations; ability to submit a quote quickly has impressed clients.

Cons

limited ability to have common quote templates; difficulty in quick history checks on job numbers needing to enter multiple job cards to find the right one ( need the ability to add a discriptor). this also applies to multiple quotes on a job card ( require to send multiple emails to differentiate between quotes using the "Subject" line) Is only available on IOS platform.

Essential to the efficient running of our business

ServiceM8 is a wonderful product and plays an essential role in the running of our business. My boss uses the app on his iPad and iPhone to undertake the work whilst I am in the office using the ServiceM8 website to control his jobs and send out invoices. There is no more duplication as everything is recorded in ServiceM8 and, once completed, jobs are automatically added to our accounting package. There have been great efficiency gains since we moved over to ServiceM8.

Pros

Too many to mention including ease of use in all aspects from booking work to sending invoices, storage of information, communication between workers and admin staff, can work anywhere where an internet connection is available, system availability (I don't remember a single outage in the 4.5 years we've been using it) and, of equal importance , support from the ServiceM8 support team who have always been quick to respond.

Cons

Not much, only that suggestions for change require votes from other users to lift the suggestion's priority before it is implemented. I have made some very useful suggestions to improve the product and frustrated as there is no support from other users but I suspect they are all too busy to look at them and therefore no change.

Great Service Software

We have been looking for a software that would link to Xero that would help cover our quoting, invoicing and our job bookings. We came across several, but went with Service M8 as it gave us most things that we need and we loved their costing set up.

Pros

The cost is per job and not per month/per user. As a small start up company this was a great way to keep our costs low, but still be able to function with several users. I love the custom templates which allows us to create our own paperwork. The form function is a great ad on which allows us to comply with Health and Safety requirements especially when we are dealing with larger companies on a sub-contract basis. The job components such as text message, tracking, photo tags are the things that set us apart from our competition. Our customers think we are wonderful. The new job cost module is a giant improvement and something we like to use.

Cons

It doesn't capture costs from supplier bills or purchase order, we have to do this through xero. Also inventory/stock is very basic. I have to do this through another program. Doesn't allow for booking of hours for quotations visit without affecting the job costing.