Trainerize Reviews

4.62/5 (586 reviews)

Pros
  • Data available. Once the system is learned it is very powerful
  • I like that you keep updating it and making it better so that it stays in line with your competitors.
  • It’s so easy to use. Once you create your exercise library it takes only minutes to put a workout plan together.
  • I love everything about the App. From my management of the business to what my clients are able to use when training.
Cons
  • It can be slow to process input on some devices.
  • There are some features I wish it had, but they are constantly improving and adding more features as users recommend changes.
  • I need to upload multiple meal plans for a client. A client has a low carbohydrate/high protein day followed by a carbohydrate loaded day.
  • I wish it worked with the Apple Watch like it does the Fitbit. It could automatically enter how many calories the client is burning in workouts.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jacqueline Lomax

Great Software

Reviewed 2019-02-13

I love the app and think it's a great concept. There's lots of room for improvement. I've been using it for about half a year now and I'm getting more used to it. But it wasn't too easy to figure out initially.

Pros
1. I like the timers for the circuits and the rests. 2. I like the ease of creating the workouts. 3. All the video demonstrations are great. 4. The automated messages, reminders to workout, ability for clients to check-in. 5. Data! Weight charts, measurements, progress pics, tracking stats 6. Love how you can deactivate clients without having to delete their data. 7. The daily recap sent to email. 8. Ability to upload meal plans

Cons
1. I don't like how you can't modify a program from your phone. There are a lot of things you can't do from the phone and have to be at a computer to do. 2. It'd be nice to link the Apple Watch. 3. The check-in and start now is confusing to my clients. There should be one button to start the exercise and that should automatically check you in. 3. It would be nice if there was a fast forward or a skip for the circuits, just in case they need to skip an exercise. Maybe they're injured or for some reason can't do that one. Instead of waiting until the time is up, they can move on. 4. It would be cool for my clients to be able to watch the demo video during the circuit. Instead they have to pause the workout to watch the video. It would be great it the video played while the time continued so they can do the exercise while watching the demo video. 5. Should be a way to add drop sets or a variation of reps. 6. Would be cool to keep a client subscribed to a program and still be able to customize one or two things on their program without unsubscribing them/converting to custom plan. 7. Small issue, but I'll still mention it: on the newer iPhones, it's hard to fast forward the demo video because the slider is very low. The exercise doesn't start until he explains it so usually 5-10 seconds later and most people just want to get to the demonstration part. 8. Inability to send video over the messaging app 9. Would be nice to be able to load multiple meal plans

Response from Trainerize

Hey Jacqueline!

Thank you so much for your review and feedback!

We are so happy you like the ease of creating workouts and tracking your clients progress in Trainerize!

Good news, we will be integrating with the Apple Watch soon. We are also going to implement a feature that allows clients to skip exercises in interval workouts!

Stay tuned :)

Brittany schrempp

Constantly Improving

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Trainerize has helped me grow my business online significantly. I’m able to build custom fitness programs as well as sell pre designed fitness programs. They make it simple and easy to use compared to other softwares I’ve tried in the past

Pros
The #1 reason I love this app and training software, they’re ALWAYS looking for improvements. I’ve been using the software to train my clients for 4 years now and the Trainerize team has made HUGE improvements in the software. They’re constantly making it better and more effective. I’ve never been disappointed with their feature add ons or updates.

Cons
There are times my app is slow on my phone. This can be extremely frustrating when I’m trying to keep in contact with my clients and communicate with them.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Brittany!

Thank you for your review and feedback! We are so happy Trainerize is your online training software of choice. In regards to the speed of the app on your phone, can you email help@trainerize.com? We can fix that for you!

Stay tuned for even more exciting updates and new features :)

- Team Trainerize

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Mark Pieciak

Helps Track Workouts for Coaches & Trainees

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-02-22

It's been good. We were tracking everyone's workout by pen and paper, but for a rapidly growing business, this became quite literally impossible to do once we got beyond 100 members. Trainerize keeps everything simple & in sync, and has saved our coaches hours each week in terms of progress tracking & workout prep.

Pros
This is a pretty nifty browser- & app-based software that helps you plan workouts for your gym members. It's cool, because you can assign members to workout plans en mass or individualize them instead. Coaches can use it to help them manage & plan the workouts of members, and members can use it to track their progress in specific lifts/exercises. Additionally, it allows for you to assign instructional videos to certain exercises, so coaches & members alike can ensure they're on the same page when it comes to exercise technique.

Cons
It feels a bit clunky to use. There are quite a few features and sometimes certain things are difficult to access, whether it's on the web browser or in the app. And occasionally, things don't work or load, requiring you to refresh the app or web page.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Anonymous

Beat training app I’ve used.

Reviewed 2019-12-05

This app has helped me to build and continue to grow my business. The custom app feature has even allowed me to create my own brand for the App Store.

Pros
The trainerize app makes communicating with my online and in person clients a breeze. The library of exercises and templates saves me hours. And the constant upgrading and new features are constantly making the experience even better.

Frank Lech

So Much Potential, Misses the Mark

Reviewed 2017-03-14

I've tried 6 or 7 of the most popular personal training apps and decided to go with Trainerize. It's best at creating workouts quickly and easily, and has excellent client monitoring features. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of bugs. There is nothing worse than logging a whole workout during a session with a client, and then the app won't save it - losing everything. It has essentially forced me back to pen and paper. The integrations with fitbit and myfitnesspal sound impressive, but they don't import activity data. Makes no sense. If you can sync some of the data, why not sync the MOST IMPORTANT data? I have people tracking their activity with fitbit or with other apps - but now they have to enter it one more time into Trainerize. Customer service is frustratingly slow, it takes three days to get a response - even when you purchase an annual plan that promises "priority support" and a "dedicated customer service manager." The response will always be, "our team will consider it." Then nothing. If you want an app improvement, there has to be enough votes collected by the Trainerize community (which most users probably never take the time to visit) to work on it, even if the development team is fully aware of it and knows it makes sense. They remove features without warning. Before, when you created exercises for the app, you could link to a youtube video OR use photos. In many cases, it made more sense to use a photo (stretches/simple exercises). After taking weeks to create, edit and upload all these photos for my exercise database, they removed the feature and lowered the quality of my photos so much that all the user could see was a pixelated mess. Their response was essentially "Too bad, so sad." Without these (and some other) problems, this app would be unbelievable! But with it's continued crashes, it loses it's usefulness and can be more problems than it's worth. Might be fine if you're only using it for online training. Recommendation: It's still probably the best app, but I will revisit the others. DEFINITELY, don't sign up for a year - go monthly for a while and see how it works for you.

Pros
Easy to use, easy to create workouts (and great flexibility to adjust workouts on the fly), many automated features, excellent client monitoring (including a new push notifications system).

Cons
Crashes, losing data, won't sync what counts, requires client to have internet connection, poor communication from customer service that responds to, but does not solve, problems.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Frank!

Thank you for taking the time to review us and provide feedback! We are sorry we weren't able to get back to you sooner, we recently realized we were able to reply to reviews on Capterra and are now trying to get back to everyone.

We are so happy you find creating workouts in Trainerize easy! In regards to the crashes, we are in the process of releasing a brand new version of the app (we invested over a year in rebuilding it from the ground up) that is going to improve the performance and overall stability of the app! If you would like beta access to try it out please email us at help@trainerize.com and we would be happy to give you access!

In regards to MyFitnessPal, we can only sync the data they send us. We are working on improving our integration with them to hopefully include more data soon.

Thank you for your patience while we work to grow and improve Trainerize.

- Team Trainerize

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

David Acero

Excellent option for your trainee managing needs

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Traiberize has allowed me to keep my trainees information, plans and schedule organized, reviewing and planning their progress and keeping all their information available noth for them and for me is easy and simple.

Pros
Practical, reliable, intuitive. It allows to keep all my trainees, plans and workouts stored and ready to access and use with ease.

Cons
It can be slow to process input on some devices.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Rendell Bierman

Love Trainerize

Reviewed 2019-11-12

It has been an excellent tool for my Personal Training business. I love the ease of it.

Pros
I love how easy it is to create programs for clients and check in with them. They truly take the time to listen to the users to create a great app.

Cons
The only thing that I find that I don’t like is that programs can only start on a Monday. I also wish there was a way to prorate a month if someone signs up on a Wednesday but their monthly programs doesn’t start until a certain date.

Jordan J. Pizzi

No Overhead Cost; Train Clients on Phone

Reviewed 2019-11-22

I am able to build my business with my phone. I train multiple clients at once. Tracking is in one place & easy to refer to.

Pros
This is a low overhead cost for me. I can train clients from anywhere; without renting time/space out at a gym. I find extreme value for my money as I can train multiple people at once. Trainerize keeps client messaging solely on the app. This does not mix in with my personal text messaging.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Jessica Madrigal

Trainerize is good but expensive if you have a lot of clients.

Reviewed 2019-04-15

Pros
This software is a great tool to train and coach your clients. It has a large library of exercises you can use to train them and a nice messaging system to communicate with your clients. The app is easy to use and has great tracking tools for the most part.

Cons
I would say my least favorite things about this software are the price per client is a bit steep, and it is pretty limited on the type of nutrition trackers you can use for clients. If you want anything other than calories or macros you are out of luck.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Jessica!

Thank you! We are pumped you love our in-app messaging feature and exercise library! Did you know you can see clients meals (i.e what they had for breakfast) as well as calories and macros if they track their meals with Fitbit? Feel free to email our coaching team at help@trainerize.com and they can show you how to set that up!

- Team Trainerize

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Rhianna Scolli

Love this app!

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Love the app. So easy to make workouts and group challenges.

Katie Hargrave

Best tool I could find for my online training & health coaching business

Reviewed 2019-04-17

My overall experience has been very positive. It's very easy to program for individuals and groups, communicate, see progress, give nutritional help, and charge/track services. I recommend it to any trainer looking for an online platform.

Pros
I really like how there are video demos of all the exercises - and if there is not an exercise in the list that fits what you are looking for, you can use a YouTube video and create your own. It's user friendly to the clients as well, and they can track their progress in various ways. They can track their weights used for each exercise, refer to weight they have used for that exercise in the past, and then when they finish a workout, the app tells them if they have set a new personal best (and it tells me too!). I was also able to upload nutrition information and set macro goals, and see their progress if they link My Fitness Pal. I also appreciate how I get a push notification when a client completes a workout, sets a personal best, or messages me - eliminating the need to constantly open the app for updates. It sends them reminders to do their workouts as well.

Cons
I feel like it took me about a month to figure out how to create workouts and have them appear to the client how I wanted them to. There are also features for the client that I don't think they are aware of, and would be helpful if there was a mini tutorial they could go through when they get started (tracking weights, substituting an exercise, etc.) I also had one client who said she had to take the app off her phone because it was slowing things down/wasn't working - but that could have been an issue with the phone.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Katie!

You are making us blush!! Thank you so much for your kind review :) We are thrilled you love our workout builder! Good news, our marketing team is currently working on some great "how-to" and educational videos that will be coming out soon! I can definitely pass on your feedback to them so they can touch on those topics!

- Team Trainerize

Chris Doherty

The best online fitness platform in existence

Reviewed 2017-03-01

I have worked with Trainerize for about a year and a half now, and it's been a great relatioship. I have gotten to know the support staff in the executive department quite well, as well as the other staff on the technical side, and one person on the customer service side. Everyone at Trainerize is about making the online fitness experience better for both the professional and the end user clients. It was a pleasure getting to organize the initial conference calls with the executives at Trainerize and the executives at Under Armour Connected Fitness to make the MyFitnessPal integration possible. I am very proud of this addition and my part in it, because it means that thousands of trainers across the world, and probably hundreds of thousands of clients now have a way of managing nutrition in real time. End of the day, it's all about making things better, and Trainerize is at the forefront of that movement. Pleasure to be associated with them, and I look forward to a lot more success together in the time to come!

Pros
Ease of use, integrations, the MFP integration honestly is everything and I worked directly on this so I'm so happy that it has come out the way that it did

Cons
Wish some of the branding looked a bit better...I might have also not sent the most optimal files. I also wish that messages from clients and to clients were received as better notifications. I don't notice messages from clients until I am inside the app and I am assuming they don't see mine until they log in. Perhaps I'm missing a notification thing here but I just wish messaging was a little more noticeable. Clients might not want messaging going thru all the time, but I certainly would like to receive messages from them right away.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Chris!

WOW - thank you so much for your review and kind words! It was a pleasure working with you as well!

Please feel free to email us (help@trainerize.com) and one of our coaches would be happy to help fix your notification settings so you are notified on your device every time.

- Team Trainerize

Jorden Bench

Trainerize has helped me build my online fitness business. I absolutely love it!

Reviewed 2018-01-19

Trainerize allowed me to build my online personal training business and has helped me work from home and not in a gym. It has enabled me to work with more clients, get them better results and with less time and effort!

Pros
I have been using Trainerize for over 3 years. It has helped me build my business. Being a personal trainer my wife and I were able to move everything online vs in a gym. Freeing us to train more people and in less time. We can create programs, see the client's activity level, see how often they are working out. Trainerize also has a built-in messenger which is great since it is separated from our personal text messaging. I looked into and tried other programs similar to Trainerize but Trainerize, in my opinion, was so much better than the competition. Not to mention my ideas were heard on improvements to make and things to change. They are always coming out with updates and making things better.

Cons
I don't really have many complaints about Trainerize. Typically if I had a problem with the software or needed something to be done that it could not currently do, then the developers would work with me on making those improvements. It has been amazing to see the updates they have come out with since I started with them. They really want the user and client experience to be great and they want you to be successful!

Response from Trainerize

Hey Jorden!

Thank you SO much! We are so excited Trainerize has helped you build your online fitness business and that you love our in-app messaging feature!

Stay tuned for even more exciting updates!

- Team Trainerize

Best Online Training Software on the Market

Reviewed 2019-02-01

While I have used Trainerize to work with clients exclusively online, the biggest benefit is with my in-person clients. Trainerize has really filled in the gap for those who only see me once a week. It has enabled me to offer a more complete and comprehensive fitness solution to my clients.

Pros
It's easy to create workouts in the formats that I want. The exercise demo videos included in the Trainerize library are great, but I also have the option to use videos from YouTube. This gives me the flexibility I need. It's easy for clients to log their workouts which is a huge help to me in tracking their progress and keeping them accountable. The messaging system is a convenient and efficient way to keep in touch with clients. Customer support is very responsive. The team at Trainerize is regularly updating and improving the functionality of the software.

Cons
Occasionally an update will change or phase out a feature that I like. There are some minor issues, like the lack of a simple way for clients to log the resistance bands they use or that there's no way in the app for them to see notes from previous times they've done a particular workout.

Response from Trainerize

Hey!

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We are so glad you like the Trainerize Exercise Library and our in-app messaging features! We are also thrilled that Trainerize has allowed you to offer more complete and comprehensive fitness solution to your clients.

I can definitely pass your feedback to add resistance band workouts and the ability to view previous workout notes on to the development team!

- Team Trainerize

Erik Wood

Workflow

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Broken enough to do alot of really cool things the developers did not intend. They are constantly trying to get better and their customer service is top notch.

Pros
Data available. Once the system is learned it is very powerful

Cons
Workflow suffers. When training strictly online weight selection is tied for number one in importance with technique. Where you time is squander is with clients who have to have their weights added to guide them. They must be entered for every workout. We currently use our workout builder we have designed in excel to program the training and then have to transfer those numbers. We use a formula or boolean statement to process this. If trainerize could allow for weight percentages that are based of a weight we define and then define that percentage for each individual exercise your time per client will be cut in half. We haved used this program strictly online with high level athletes and your every day gym goers. The price per minute of your time is slightly over breaking even. I would love to talk more about how we use our builder and trainerize togther to help come up with a solution. Also there is no list of new exercises that are imported. I have filmed exercises only to see a month later trainerize has their own version.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Erik!

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! Your idea regarding weight percentages sounds like a cool feature to have in Trainerize's future. Could you email help@trainerize.com with more details on how that would look? We can pass that on to the developers and they can get in touch with you if it is something they are going to add to Trainerize.

Also thank you for your feedback on our customer service - made our day :)

- Team Trainerize

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Greg Craft

Maximize your time and get Trainerize!

Reviewed 2019-02-12

I mainly use Trainerize for my one-on-one clients. Before starting with Trainerize two years ago I would easily spend 2+ hours per day writing up client's workouts in notebooks. It took away time from my family, and limited time I would be able to use meeting with clients. Now it doesn't take me more than a half-hour per day to program. I use a tablet to track my clients throughout the day, and it has greatly streamlined my business! Trainerize also uses easy ways to schedule and progress entire macro or mezo cycles at once, and copy plans from client to client!

Pros
I love what my clients love. They love being able to track and reference back to their workouts. They love having videos and instructions on how to do exercises when I'm not around. The app gives them a direct connection to me to answer questions. And I can help motivate and keep my clients accountable though check-ins and goal tracking.

Cons
The system doesn't work the greatest with android devices. Also, if I am training more than one person at a time I have to have a separate device for each person.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Greg!

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled Trainerize has helped you streamline your fitness business!

I wanted to let you know we are getting close to releasing a brand new version of the Trainerize app. This is a project we've invested over a year in (rebuilding the app from the ground up) and will definitely improve the overall performance and stability of the app (on Android phones etc)!

- Team Trainerize

Yesenia Godoy

Great for workout programs. Needs improvement for nutrition.

Reviewed 2019-02-09

Customer service is very responsive but when I ask questions about the items I listed above for improvement they always promise the changes are coming soon however I have yet to see any of the changes they promised months ago.

Pros
This software is great to write workout programs. There are great demo videos for clients and the option to import videos from YouTube is very useful. The charts showing my clients' progress are great snapshots that help me keep my clients' progressing towards their goals.

Cons
What I like least about this software is the lack of weekly averages for weigh-ins and weekly averages for calories and macros. Right now I am hand-calculating both of those and it's a lot of extra work. The second thing would be to make the timer automatically start counting down upon the completion of an exercise. This is a feature that my clients love from other apps and miss in this app. The ability to make edits to clients' programming via the mobile app is almost nil. I always have to get on a computer to change anything which can be a hassle when I'm on the go.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Yesenia!

Thank you for your review and feedback! We are so happy Trainerize helps you keep track of your clients progress towards their goals!

We are always listening and taking trainers feedback and suggestions into account, however we do have a roadmap in which these are prioritize and that sometimes it is hard to get exact timelines for product changes that are months ahead. With this being said, we encourage you to vote on suggestions at ideas.trainerize.com, our product team is prioritizing based on all suggestions.

PS: The timer countdown is in the works. We'll share more information in the next few months. Thanks for your feedback and confidence.

- Team Trainerize

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Ana Fontes

Makes my life as a trainer 100x easier!

Reviewed 2017-04-18

Helps me stay organized with programming and client communication. I can stay on top of all my clients without going nuts or spending too much time. Clients are always impressed with the professional structure Trainerize gives my business, and they love keeping track of how many workouts they've completed, receiving messages for their Personal Bests, etc. A simple feature that goes a long way in client retention! I can't say enough good things about Trainerize. In the 2 years I've been a customer, I've seen them listen to customer suggestions and put them into action. The app has grown and developed exponentially in 2 years, which makes me look forward to every update they make. If you're a trainer, and you're not using Trainerize, you're missing out on a system that will make you more efficient and professional with your programming and client connection.

Pros
Beautiful interface. Progress charts. Keeps track of clients' progress on specific lifts in specific workouts. Easy client communication.

Cons
I can't access my workout templates from the APP - I have to open a client's profile for that. I can't change/update training plans of multiple clients at once - having to go one by one is really time consuming.

Response from Trainerize

Wow - thank you SO much Ana! We appreciate your review and are so happy you love the Trainerize interface!

Regarding having more functionality on the mobile app, I can definitely pass your feedback on to the development team for review!

- Team Trainerize

Tiffany Jensen

Great for a start up Trainer

Reviewed 2018-09-12

It was great at the beginning until we grew, then the value of the software for our number of clients wasn't competitive enough with other solutions.

Pros
Trainerize was great for us in the beginning with less volume of clients. It gave us the ability to upload our meal plans and build workouts. I love that it has workout videos and exercises loaded into the app for when you need some inspiration for new client workouts.

Cons
It was a bit outdated compared to other training apps I have seen. Only allowed for one meal plan upload at a time and was always in a document format. Would love to see this software integrate with a meal plan building software.

Response from Trainerize

Hi Tiffany, thank you for taking the time to review our software! We're happy to hear you found inspiration from our exercise library, we have since added many more exercises!

As for nutrition and meal planning, we do have plans to release more options for you in the future. Currently, we integrate with Evolution Nutrition if you're looking to get your meal plans built out. We also calculate client BMR and TDEE for you to help you create a client's daily caloric intake when assigning a nutrition goal.

Please feel free to reach out anytime if there is anything we can help you with! We'd be happy to help you scale your business by helping you incorporate our Master Programs feature to automate the delivery of workouts to your clients. - Team Trainerize

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Every Online Trainer Needs This

Reviewed 2019-02-01

I have had an amazing experience. Great customer service. Good incentive to refer other trainers. Lots of updates. And never a reason to leave or look for something else.

Pros
I love that Trainerize is always looking for our feedback as trainers and making improvements. I have only ever used Trainerize because there has never been a need to go anywhere else. They fill the holes when they see them. It allows me to give an amazing experience to my clients too. I receive referrals just because of the app alone! I feel like I can over deliver with it

Cons
I don't like that there are some auto messages even when I don't want them. There is difficulty with scheduling sometimes for international clients. I also think some of the videos need better form from the Trainerize library. I also think that there are too many glitches between phone and computer. Sometimes my phone will say 30 progress photos even if there is only 3.

Response from Trainerize

Hey! Thank you so much! We are so happy you love using Trainerize.

We really do value the feedback of our trainers and I will definitely pass along your suggestions to our development team for review.

I think the auto message concern is something we can fix for you right away! Do you mind emailing help@trainerize.com? One of our coaches can show you how to turn those off.

- Team Trainerize

Stacy Brown

Trainerize Review

Reviewed 2017-04-18

I've been using the product for over two and a half years. As a Fit Pro for over 32 years I am thrilled with the success my clients have achieved as a result of having access to workouts 24-7! I am not only thrilled with their results but applaud the efforts of Trainerize and their constant updates and changes to make the program more supportive to our clients needs and also the rapidly changing science and technology that the fitness industry presents to us personal trainers. When I started with the program the capability of using many wearable technology was minimal. Not only has Trainerize embraced that portion of the industry but is constantly evolving in supporting my business making it easy to manage from the sales and marketing standpoint. Kudos to Trainerize! Thrilled with your product and support.

Pros

Cons
My only complaint is to make using the Zappa easier. I've had a difficult time connecting all the systems together and stopped using them all Together.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Stacy!

Thank you!! We are so happy Trainerize has helped you manage and run your successful fitness business!

Feel free to reach out to help@trainerize.com with any Zapier questions. One of our coaches would be happy to help answer them for you!

- Team Trainerize

Daniel Meany

I really like it. I tried PT distinction for awhile but didn't like it. It fits my style of program

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Easy client management - I run my entire business using this software and Facebook.

Pros

Cons
I'm struggling to think of something. I think you changed it so that now I have to use the calendar to copy a programme from a current client to a profile which I am currently logged into......... but in the past there was an option to do this in the clients 'training programme' section. I'd like to have that back. (I think you can only add a brand new programme now when in the training section) I'd also like to be able to schedule messages to people so that on day x they'll recieve a message. I know there is an option to do a few of these at the beginning but I'd like to be able to schedule a lot of these running over the course of a 6 month programme. A bit like PT distinction and also another software called coachcatalyst (previously habitcatalyst)

Response from Trainerize

Hey Daniel!

Thank you for your review and feedback! We are so happy Trainerize fits your style of programming!

Good news, we now have program auto messaging! You can set up auto messages in your clients programs for specific days. Feel free to check out help.trainerize.com for more info!

- Team Trainerize

Mike Sesto

Online training is amazing!

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Love it overall!

Pros
I love Trainerize! It gives me the power to create a superior experience for my clients while allowing me more time and freedom for content creation and spending time with loved ones. It is truly the future of personal training and I am excited about the new features that Trainerize will continue to add. It is also a very affordable service, which is great for trainers starting out online to ‘get their feet wet’ and build a client base. Keep up the great work!!

Cons
1.) I wish I could view and create master programs and master workouts through the app. Especially since I am currently on the go a lot and it would be awesome if I could build my client templates on the go. 2.) A ‘trainer’ slot for our own workouts and programs would be a great addition. It would also give us more experience with the app, which would be helpful in answering any client questions.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Mike!

Thank you! We are so happy Trainerize has allowed you to deliver a superior experience for your clients while also freeing up more of your time!

We will pass on your feedback regarding creating programs from within the app to the developers for review.

Did you know you can use "Timmy" the test client to train yourself? Feel free to email help@trainerize.com and one of our coaches can walk you through how to set that up.

- Team Trainerize

Ariana Fotinakis

Trainerize has been a life-saver for my business!

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Prior to using Trainerize I was creating workout programs on excel sheets, video demonstration playlists on YouTube (which was a hassle in and of itself), and then delivering those programs and playlists via email. I had clients reaching out to me through social media, through email, and through text, and I felt like I was always running in a million different directions. Now, my clients message me through the app when they need me. I don't have to send check-in emails to see how their workouts when because my nightly report fills me in on all the stats, and I can deliver both the programs and the videos in one place which is a HUGE time-saver. My experience with Trainerize has been amazing.

Pros
I love that Trainerize is a one-stop shop for running your business. From creating and delivering programs to managing client communication to handling payments and invoices, I appreciate not having to use dozens of different apps and software services.

Cons
Honestly there isn't really anything I don't like about it. They are always open to taking feedback from their users and they implement changes regularly.

Response from Trainerize

Hey Ariana!

Wow, thank you so much! We are so happy Trainerize has helped you run your fitness business more efficiently!

Keep crushing it!

Kristi Engstrom

Great product at a great price!

Reviewed 2018-07-30

Pros
I live the ease of use. I studies other similar programs and found them too time consuming to learn. Trainerize makes it super easy. I like that you have the option to upgrade for more clients; thereby not having to invest more money when you may not have the clientele to support that investment. The help desk is awesome as well. I like the updates & improvements that Trainerize has published as well. The program is great for keeping track of your face-to-face clients in addition to clients you train online. Overall highly recommend!

Cons
Any cons that I might have had in the beginning have been resolved with the addition tonaccwor payment through the program. The only recommendation I would make is the ability to make notes within a client’s account.

Response from Trainerize

Hi Kristi, thank you for taking the time to review our software! We appreciate your feedback regarding client notes. We have since added to our client notes feature so you can now not only create private notes on a clients profile, but also for workouts. All notes can be quickly accessed in a client's profile and you can pin important notes to the top of the page (client injures, severe allergies etc).

It's great to see you've been with us all this time and have been happy with the updates we've released over time. Stay tuned for more exciting releases and updates soon :) - Team Trainerize