Qwilr Logo

Qwilr

Document design and automation tool for sales teams.

Qwilr Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.76/10

Reviews by rating

My experience with Qwilr has been great. The software allows the creation of stunning pitches, documents, or proposals which themselves are highly customizable.
Thanks for the great customer service and helping me with my needs, great customers service from Alona and the whole team.
Really great for our teams uses, the customizations are great, and it is super quick to setup, create a doc and get it sent off. The tracking features are SUPER helpful.
I am missing some specific features, a refererral scheme etc.
Hard to read on the customers end. Too small and slightly difficult to read.
Sometimes the customization available to make on documents is tight to the software possibilities and there is no much possibility to make custom designs.

TS

Tommy S.

CEO

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Qwilr has been a great program to streamline my business operations!

Transcript

Tommy: Hi, my name's Tommy. I'm a film director and I give Qwilr a four out of five star rating. For...

KS

Katie S.

Marketing Manager

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Taking Our Company To The Next Level

Transcript

Katie: Hi, my name is Katie. I am the marketing manager at a manufacturing company, and I give Qwilr...

John R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Best proposal software for agencies on the web

If you're an agency or a business that provides template-based proposals where you can customize most content, prices, and line items, this is the perfect solution for you. If you want a fully customized solution, there may be a few limitations, but it works for 99% of our proposals.

Pros

- Super easy to use - Beautiful templates to get you started - White labeling solution - Webhook integration

Cons

- Better, more visible options to the end-user for optional line items (labels over checkbox rows or something).

JS

Jack S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Visually appealing and easy to use

Very positive, the tool is very easy to use and I received multiple compliments surrounding the visuals of our proposals.

Pros

Qwilr breaks the mold with standard CPQ tools as you can tell that aesthetics was top of mind when creating this product.

Cons

At the time of use, one of the biggest challenges our team was facing was creating effective templates. Without the integration of a token feature, it often took time to sanitize documents in preparation for a new customer.

AW

Alan W.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Great tool that helps me not have to bug my design department, but wish it did more.

Hi guys - I'm a fan, but I have to do a significant number of work-arounds, and I think you can see all of my comments/ requests from my calalogue of emails to your team. I wish more of those had resolved with 'we fixed it! You're good to go!" - as is, I have to spend an additional few hours before I send a document coming out of your system fixing glitches, importing our own .pdf designed pages, etc. that makes it a little less turnkey than I wish, and sadly negates the value of the online version a bit. Too much to type in here, but happy to set up a meeting and go through it all again any time. I will say that if I were to get hit by a truck and not be here - the next guy, or certainly my boss, might not bother.

Pros

Fast, easy to use, good for cranking 'em out.

Cons

Buggy, some functions that would seem to be needed in every proposal don't really work, and lots of stuff feels like it's 'coming soon.'

AS

Anthony S.

Furniture, 1,001-5,000 employees

Qwilr is a great simple web-based proposal solution

Qwilr has been so supportive, especially your super patient and helpful rep Sydney Youngblood. Her guidance and support has been vital to our selection of Qwilr as a solution.

Pros

The system is straightforward and simple, it can be taught fairly quickly and has a mostly intuitive interface. Even sales people can be trained to use it, despite being time crunched. This has made it a decent solution to create simple web-based proposal site to summarize and deliver sales proposals.

Cons

I often find myself wishing there was a bit more granularity in the controls, and sometimes the controls can be touchy. Also, wish there was an option for custom domains in the Business plan.

EBIN E.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

A great tool to get proposals ready and get it signed

We can now manage all our clients on one place and then regularly update them on the proposal changes, also the chance of getting the proposals signed is high as compared to the conventional method.

Pros

The major advantage of using Qwilr over the traditional method is that we can do all the other steps like presentation, review of proposal and signing it in automatic manner. No other action is required on this stage. Also we can maintain a strong relationship with the client using Qwilr. The best feature we have seen is the ease of adding the previous template to Qwilr and then working on it. It is very easy to add and update the proposals and it will get updated in real time on the client side.

Cons

The only issue we have seen is the lack of mobile app, please release the app asap.

Stefan M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

It helped us streamline our sales process!

Pros

Relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it Beautiful docs with interactive functionality Tracking opens and other recipient actions directly Great customer support Constant improvement of the platform Very customizable

Cons

Somewhat steep learning curve Needs more MS Word-like functions, tables need to be revised and upgraded Occasionally prone to visual and logical glitches

FM

Fatura M.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Best Quoting and CPQ Solution For Business

Pros

I like Qwilr because it makes proposal management easy Coupled with digital signature solutions, this software makes signing electronically easy The software also makes quoting and handling our CPQ needs easy

Cons

Well, there hasn't been causes for alarm and Qwilr works best

Michelle C.

Super adaptive platform for many uses and incredible customer support!

Qwilr has been a great tool for our team in providing simple, clean and professional proposals to our clients. They did a great job onboarding us and helping us get started quickly. We were sending proposals within days of signing up. So many platforms take so much set up and the lag time between when you are actually getting use and benefit from them is long after sign-up. Qwilr is not that. It's been great!

Pros

I love how adaptable the blocks are for creating professional proposals. The interface is intuitive and when I wanted to do more than what I could easily find on my own, the customer support team was absolutely incredible! They were so quick to jump right in and help me accomplish what I set out to do. They asked questions about our business and workflow to help create proposals that really worked for us and our clients.

Cons

The integrations with HubSpot took some getting used to. They don't work in the way I would anticipate them to work, but the team helped me create some best practices and workflows that would ensure they worked every time.

Kevin J.

Great web-based Proposal Tool - Saves Us Time & Makes Us Money

Saves us time and money by scaling the proposal process. Client's like the overall UI/UX of the proposal compared to our old method of creating proposals via Google Docs.

Pros

Qwilr makes the proposal process much faster than our previous proposal process (i.e., Google Docs). The web-based proposal looks great on browsers and allows us the ability to quickly turnaround client proposals in hours rather than days. Additionally, the ability to clone frequently used sections allows us to maintain brand consistency and deliver the same level of service to all of our clients. Lastly, the ability to link with our QB accounts makes invoicing faster and easier. I'd recommend starting a free trial to see if it works with your organization's needs.

Cons

The versioning took some time to get used to but I understand the reasoning behind maintaining proper version control. I wish there was an easier way to revise the terms and conditions (e.g., replacing one client's name for another) by making a global change.

Alan T.

A Game Changer

They are a huge asset to our company.

Pros

We started using Qwilr a year and a half ago when we wanted to step up our sales and proposals game. It DOUBLED our closing rate IMMEDIATELY. It makes our proposals stand out in the crowd drastically and we are extremely proud to send them out. The analytics on the backend of it is also incredible.

Cons

They occasionally make updates to improve the capabilities that end up changing proposals we have already designed.

Professional and funky

We've used QWILR for our business proposals and for our not-for-profit activities as requests for sponsorship for more than a year. I enjoy how the proposal looks once I finished writing it - it's so much better than a Word document - and we receive comments all the time about how our proposal was very different to any others our potential client received. I've recommended it to many friends and colleagues.

Pros

IT looks fantastic! I am not any type of designer yet QWILR makes my proposals look brilliant. Clients don't need to download software to use it. It's Australian, just like us.

Cons

Can't be accessed via mobile - this was a big problem for me one day as I was on my way to the presentation and desperately needed to change something in the proposal. I understand that it may be easy to make unintended changes via mobile but Instapage has the same risk but I can amend that. I think it should be user choice. It's just changed to a paid model and begins at a pretty expensive price...

DH

Dominique H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

QWILR! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE??!! :D

As a visual brand strategist, I have many clients that require a proposal for larger projects and websites that my team and I create for my clients. Creating the proposal, although a creative process I enjoy, was INSANELY frustrating with creating pdf, emailing them and editing them all over again. I'm really thankful to have been introduced to Qwilr based on the webpage capabilities that it offers....

Pros

Love the automation aspect of when prospects have accepted a project. Love the analytics to let us know what parts they have focused on the most. Love the integration possibilities and the dynamic qualities of having a web-based proposal instead of a pdf/paper style of communication via email.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like, at the moment, is the aspect of how Qwilr communicated with Quickbooks with the line items and product/service categories. Currently Qwilr inserts each line item into Qwilr as one default product/service and everyone has their own setup, based on their particular company, in quickbooks. So the one size fits all communication doesn't work in this case. Furthermore,...

HC

Harnish C.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Provide Some Mid Plan with 5-6 User

Overall experience is amazing, but they just have to come up with small team plan like 4 to 5 people team and also for 1 person use. Other than that, they have to look into pricing strategy.

Pros

All the feature is very helpfull to express your ideas and it gives wings to your imagination

Cons

Obviously pricing of this software is too high so everyone could not afford, who just want to work two or three time in a month.

BM

Billy M.

Media Production, 501-1,000 employees

Beautiful, Modern Presentation With Plenty Of Functionality

I've enjoyed QWILR so much I brought it with me to my new company. It makes for ease and elegance in proposal writing and communicating with prospects.

Pros

I love the look and the feel, but most of all QWILR functions in every way I need. From quickly building from one of my own templates to getting a simple signature for my terms and conditions, QWILR makes proposal building fun and easy.

Cons

The price was a challenge at first. I had to sell the program on colleagues before I could use it myself to minimize the expense. I would like to see a feature wherein documented chat/negotiations could be stored for the back in forth. Perhaps a block that allows for feedback when it's necessary.

RB

Rhonda B.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Basic Proposal Templates and Content Management

Overall, our team has had a good experience with Qwilr.

Pros

Qwilr is easy to use and no frills which suits our team's needs. It's easy to create proposals from templates and set up templates.

Cons

Customization of proposals can be challenging. There is a learning curve for understanding how to edit and use blocks.

DM

Danielle M.

Design, 1-10 employees

Easy for Everyone

Qwilr is by far the best system we've used for estimates. It's live-flexibility allows quick changes that have resulted in quicker response times. It's template and cloning features have also saved lots of time in development. We're getting estimates out in 24 hours versus a week.

Pros

I really appreciate that Qwilr has a built-in approval and payment system. I've eliminated two other systems with the addition of Qwilr, and saved our small studio thousands of dollars. I also appreciate the ability to track estimate views. It really helps with client management.

Cons

The greatest challenge we continue to have is formatting. There are limitations to the actual estimate portion, and we've had to create separate sections for timelines, which can be redundant and inconvenient.

SJ

Steven J.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Designed for businesses who take design & UX seriously.

Amazing. Quick to respond and address Any concern.

Pros

The most well designed quoting software out there, that allows for customisations that properly reflect our brand (not just a “change your logo” tool; QWILR truly becomes an extension of our brand)

Cons

At times it can lag if you have heavy branding, but with a few chats with support this is exponentially improving.

VC

Vidya C.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 employees

Awesome! But we need more templates

Quick turnaround on proposals and good version control

Pros

Ease of use and looks professional without using a designer. Easy to set up. Like clone feature. Share feature is good.

Cons

Ability to move around line items of invoice. The invoicing software should be more flexible. Limited templates. Ability to add proposal options. when I try to create 2 payment option , it adds up both in a single total. Biggest problem is dashboard. I would like to who is seeing this document similar to doc send. So I am forced to download proposal in PDF and send via docsend.

FM

Fouad M.

Design, 1-10 employees

The next best thing since Sliced Bread !

You know where I was the last 16 days ? In Hawaii ! You know why ? Because I made some extra cash ! You know what helped me make that extra cash ? Closing more sales ! And did you guess what helped with that ? Qwilr ! And if they add a little more custom options, do you know where my next vacation might be ? Down under Mates !

Pros

Easy, beautiful, make me look like a super star (not that i am not, because we both know I am )

Cons

It could use more custom options, like 3 or 4 rows, custom video upload as splash, saving full custom templates, and such.

AP

Amy P.

Used other for 6-12 months

Excellent, convenient, targeted service

Pros

My client was looking to build sales sites to use for pitches to new customers. We looked at many different options before finding Qwilr, and what a relief: it was exactly what they we looking for. The sites look so professional. As a designer, I was thrilled that I had enough customization options to ensure that my client's branding came through unequivocally in the sites. The ability to save templated blocks is an incredibly useful feature, as it allows sales reps to quickly piece together a pitch site that is tuned to the needs of that opportunity. I can recommend Qwilr without hesitation.

Cons

There have been some minor usability and feature issues, which I shared with the support time (and to which they responded promptly and personably.) As of summer 2017, there were minor issues with mobile views, and the PDF rendering. Given the responsiveness of the team, I suspect these issues have already been resolved, or on their way to being so.

CL

Charlie L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The best proposal software!

Pros

Super easy to use and the best looking proposal software on the market! We always get compliments from clients when we present our services via Qwilr. I would recommend it to any service business.

Cons

None. There are no cons to this product.

Oliver R.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

A great tool to make basic quick and good looking proposals, and follow up on their status

We have managed to save a great amount of time and harmonise our proposals across the team. Also this centralises proposals by status and signatures and information flow within the company. I would definitely recommend for startups such as ours to help on this.

Pros

We used to work on PPT and send PDF proposals to our clients, calculating elements by hand, some times making mistakes and not being able to offer various options for our proposals in an explicit way. It was time consuming and not aesthetic. Qwilr allows us to save 10 minutes by proposal, have a standardised presentation and avoid mistakes in calculating discounts etc. ... A great tool for making our lives easier.

Cons

We work in various languages and it can sometime be a little complicated to translate certain elements, or customise them to be understood based on the country we are addressing our proposals to, but I would consider this as a minor problem.

MH

Mikee H.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Making life better, one proposal at a time.

We're in the private yacht charter business so every inquiry from a potential guest requires a proposal in return. The need to calculate a custom total, specialty information based on requests, and at a price point that looking professional with clean design will build a certain level of trust. My team loves Qwilr because Qwilr makes their lives that much easier. The built in estimate blocks make pricing out the estimate instant. The full-width design and minimalist look match our brand perfectly so the experience is seamless for our clients. With Qwilr, our clients notice how fast we respond with a custom proposal and how above-and-beyond it is to the typed email and spreadsheet estimate that our competition sends out.

Pros

Ease of use and overall functionality, appearance.

Cons

Haven't found any yet. So far it's making our lives easier every day.

SB

Simon B.

Plastics, 11-50 employees

Saves so much time!

Our proposals look professional and are easily accessed. Overall it has increased our image and reduced time spent on preparation.

Pros

It integrates with Pipedrive which is what we use for our CRM, a lot of the repetitve stuff is done automatically.

Cons

there isn't anything really anything I don't like about it.

CL

Cecilie L.

Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Much Client love received from using Qwilr

Fast proposals and easy tracking of what has been sent out, what's been approved and how many times it's been open.

Pros

Qwilr is super easy to use and make a proposal look super beautiful and sleek. Almost every single proposal I sent got a comment from the client I sent it to. It's very easy to send out with the link and is fast to set up. I also love the fact that we are saving paper.

Cons

It's a bit difficult to make an actual invoice which I would prefer a better system for but in the same layout as the proposals that I send out. The price is a lot higher than similar products, however, I prefer Qwilr's layout as it looks better!