Qwilr Reviews

4.62/5 (330 reviews)

Wendy Perry

Excellent Proposal Software

Reviewed 2019-07-22

We have been able to significantly cut down on man-hours creating contracts for clients as everything is now built into one program. We have less room for human error and our clients love being able to sign off on things digitally.

Pros
The ease of use, customizability and professional look has been a huge asset to our company. Being able to set up templates has cut down on man-hours for producing custom proposals for both our corporate and wedding clients.

Cons
I do wish there was a way to keyword the images uploaded to cut down on searching for images we have used in the past.

Tommy Schneckenberger Jr.

Qwilr has been a great program to streamline my business operations!

Reviewed 2019-09-14

My overall experience with Qwilr has been amazing. The support team and staff have been super helpful and always happy to help and assist me with any questions, problems, or needs. I love the energy and patience given each and every time. I have overall loved my experience with Qwilr.

Pros
Qwilr has been an amazing software that’s boosted my business proposal presentation and overall operations workflow. I love being able to “wow” clients with my amazing proposals that allow me to really show off my work as a photographer and cinematographer. Qwilr has amazing features that really make proposals something fun, exciting, and easy! I love that Qwilr offers so many integrations with other applications and softwares I use, so my business process is completely streamlined. My favorite feature is that it syncs perfectly with Quickbooks Online

Cons
Qwilr offers so many great features, benefits, and components. My only feedback is the pricing model is a bit on the expensive end, and can be tough to commit to especially for a small business. I also would love if they allowed a bit more customization to fonts, colors, and overall branding within the custom blocks system.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Meg Wilson

A lead conversion game changer!

Reviewed 2019-07-25

We had a massive issue with having to send out a large quantity of small quotes to small businesses. It was taking us so much time to create quotes, and then also having to create an invoice with basically the same information, that we were re-thinking even offering our services to small businesses! Now it's super easy to send impressive quotes and Qwilr automatically syncs with our accounting software, so no double-handling!

Pros
There are so many things I love about this software, but the biggest thing is just how visually impressive it is to send to our clients. It's also a huge time saver for us when it comes to integrating with our accounting software, so that we're not having to double handle our quotes which become invoices.

Cons
Every now and then it would be nice to "just move this bit there", but we understand every software will have limitations. An example of this is being able to have an image next to some words, instead of always above or below it.

Candi Luciano

Qwilr is a Brand Differentiator

Reviewed 2019-07-11

Overall, the support team has provided a level of customer experience I have not had with other tech products. I give them a 10! Being part of the beta test group, it was rewarding to see the product evolve based on the insights our team provided.

Pros
I love that I was able to create brand templates and train our entire team to use this tool so all our candidates and clients have a consistent and delightful experience.

Cons
It is a love-hate on its limitations on updating the look and feel. I love that it limits users from messing up the overall branded look but sometimes I'm challenged as a creative when I do want to push the layout boundaries.

Anonymous

Professional and funky

Reviewed 2016-05-10

We've used QWILR for our business proposals and for our not-for-profit activities as requests for sponsorship for more than a year. I enjoy how the proposal looks once I finished writing it - it's so much better than a Word document - and we receive comments all the time about how our proposal was very different to any others our potential client received. I've recommended it to many friends and colleagues.

Pros
IT looks fantastic! I am not any type of designer yet QWILR makes my proposals look brilliant. Clients don't need to download software to use it. It's Australian, just like us.

Cons
Can't be accessed via mobile - this was a big problem for me one day as I was on my way to the presentation and desperately needed to change something in the proposal. I understand that it may be easy to make unintended changes via mobile but Instapage has the same risk but I can amend that. I think it should be user choice. It's just changed to a paid model and begins at a pretty expensive price point of $29 per month which is what we pay. I think they need to review the pricing structure as the minimum is too high and the next price point is too much of a difference. I've just now seen that under the new pricing structure, I'm unable to time limit a proposal. I can have this feature only if I pay the next level, $89 USD per month. This is unfair as it's a huge jump from $29 to $89 per month and because I would have thought time limiting was a basic, not advanced option. This should change. Proposals can't be archived or grouped so over time you end up with a really, really long list!

Jeff Nailen

Best of breed for online documents, which is broader than proposals.

Reviewed 2019-07-11

Try all the apps in this space from the perspective of your prospects: Evaluate them by looking at their templates first because that'll give you the best idea of many of your prospects' first impressions of your company that each app can provide. If an app has a boatload of features and integrations but the proposals your prospects see look like old-fashioned paper documents that don't exploit the richness of the web, then what value are all the features and integrations?

Pros
Qwilr is a great Apple-like product with great customer service. It just works and works very well, like a clean, elegant Apple app. It reminds me of Apple's iWeb: WYSIWYG, intuitive, and it just works the way it's supposed to. It's very stable. It has some great native integrations with the best apps in a number of functional categories, except for PayPal, as well as integration with the Zapier network for further integrations, making it an almost ideal hub for web content creation, storage, and publishing for your online documents. Qwilr has native integrations with Google Adwords, Google Maps, Google Sheets, Google Forms, Typeform, Calendly, Crisp, Pipedrive, Xero, and several others, as well as third-party integrations with the Zapier network of the most popular web apps.

Cons
Grammarly doesn't work inside the text boxes, so there's some cutting and pasting between the apps that slows workflow. If they enable Grammarly integration Qwilr would be the content creation hub of my whole workflow. Lack of PayPal integration.

Graham Van Der Linde

The best tool for creating proposals that convert.

Reviewed 2016-11-15

I've used Qwilr in a number of different businesses and I'll continue to take it with me as I move from place to place. I haven't come across another saas platform that allows for sales teams to create a proposal that is easily controlled by marketing for brand integrity, but flexible enough that the sales team can truly personalise each customer output. We spent the time creating a number of templates that made for easy adjusting and sped the process of getting proposals out much faster. The conversion rate is crazy good - each customer being delivered a proposal that functions as a micro-site means they're getting an experience second to none and also allows us to track the time spent on each page of the proposal. When we follow up with calls, they become far more intelligent because we have a sense of what potential questions they may have. Having the ability for people to accept and pay for the proposal without leaving the micro-site also creates a seamless experience that we've become very accustomed too.

Pros
Ease of use Flexibility Time it takes to roll out is virtually zero

Cons
At the moment, taking people off and adding new people to the account can be a pain

Dominique Hart

QWILR! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE??!! :D

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2016-11-15

As a visual brand strategist, I have many clients that require a proposal for larger projects and websites that my team and I create for my clients. Creating the proposal, although a creative process I enjoy, was INSANELY frustrating with creating pdf, emailing them and editing them all over again. I'm really thankful to have been introduced to Qwilr based on the webpage capabilities that it offers. And because it's web-based, the integrations of using video and other embeddable capabilities lends itself to a more creative and "DYNAMIK" proposal for us. THAT is GOLD for us! The automations and integrations make the whole platform that much more amazing and time efficient. With a few tweaks to the Quickbooks integration, it will make Qwilr PERFECT for me (and maybe some other quickbooks users as well). NONETHELESS, Qwilr is still a prime choice for my company. Even much so that I've integrated it into the proposal portion of our sales process. Amazing job guys and I can't wait to see how Qwilr will help execute many client proposals for our clients moving forward.

Pros
Love the automation aspect of when prospects have accepted a project. Love the analytics to let us know what parts they have focused on the most. Love the integration possibilities and the dynamic qualities of having a web-based proposal instead of a pdf/paper style of communication via email.

Cons
The only thing that I don't like, at the moment, is the aspect of how Qwilr communicated with Quickbooks with the line items and product/service categories. Currently Qwilr inserts each line item into Qwilr as one default product/service and everyone has their own setup, based on their particular company, in quickbooks. So the one size fits all communication doesn't work in this case. Furthermore, once that data has been setup in the Quickbooks invoice, you cannot change any product/service details without the WHOLE LINE being erased. Even if you wanted to create a grouped service offering, you can't without just creating the invoice manually from scratch to achieve what you need. This then erases the benefit of the integration in the 1st place. So if this can be worked on in more detail for Quickbooks (maybe Xero customers might have this problem as well), that would be SO AMAZING and make my Qwilr experience complete! :D

aaron rasch

Great tool!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-07-23

Qwilr has helped us standardize our proposal process and saves us a lot of man hours in finding, tweaking, and inserting blocks of content into new documents. The tracking features are nice, and having options to provide weblinks to responsive online proposals is really nice.

Pros
Keeps our proposals clean, standardized, and saves us tons of time.

Cons
Can't think of anything we don't like, it works great.

Connor Wray

Great Software

Reviewed 2019-07-22

Great product, can't wait to see future improvements, just some minor tweaks I would make.

Pros
Really great for our teams uses, the customizations are great, and it is super quick to setup, create a doc and get it sent off. The tracking features are SUPER helpful.

Cons
The price gap is way to large between the basic and the plus. Some of the features in the higher priced version would be amazing to have but the gap in prices is just too much for our young scrappy company. I also wish it was easier to break the branding on documents, to really fit the doc to match to branding of our clients on a case by case basis. We have found that in our industry they react very well to seeing that their branding has been adopted in our proposals. If there was also an app for creating documents on mobile on the go that would be fantastic.

Kelly Stihec

Qwilr for Business

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Good, I enjoy creating bespoke presentations for our clients to impress them and give them an easy way to read our information and sign off on contracts.

Pros
Having an option to sign contracts online that is simple and easy to use and being able to create appealing presentations using images, videos and other features to make the presentation unique. The block library is very handy also.

Cons
In draft mode there is no option to track changes and leave comments if you got another team member to proof read your presentation. I also do not like that if you edit a template it changes the order which they are listed - I would prefer to be able to manually determine the order of our templates so they don't get jumbled.

Laurel Grey

Use Qwilr when you really want to wow your customers

Reviewed 2016-11-16

I have tried a load of different Xero add-ons for creating proposals for customers. Finally I found Qwilr, which allows me to embed my terms and conditions, brand my business appropriately (using the exact colours) and even upload my own branding images to pepper throughout the proposal. Because I do LOADS of video work, I also am able to include video summaries about the service or product my customers are buying directly into the proposal. I also use images to diagram processes or other bits and pieces throughout the proposal. I like the structure of Qwilr, as it allows me to use different formatting for sections and include ALL of the relevant information (I used to direct people back to the website or have to take them away from the proposal to do this before). You could include frequently asked questions or outline your process and inclusions/exclusions very clearly. The quote module still needs work to suit the vast variety of needs business owners have when they are quoting. However I think there are enough workarounds to make it applicable to any business owner providing a service or product.

Alessandro Imborgia

Shocking the customer

Reviewed 2016-11-15

We began using Qwilr already some months ago. Before then we were use to have simple (or less simple) excel file to share our prices with our customers. They were use to them. One day we decided to change direction and buy Qwilr. First of all it was fun, fun to set, to decide the layout, to study how it would fit to our business (market research) then we push te pedal down to the max and started to send all our quotation with Qwilr. All our client after a first moment of shock and disorientantion really started to like the modern look. After a while everybody understood that apart of being beautiful, our quotes are just easier to read and to modify if necessary. Well done guys, keep up the good work!

Pros
Astonishing look and remarkebl ease of use. You just need to be ready to make a change to your usual habits and have fun with Qwilr. Everybody will love it

Cons
Maybe the sections should be a bit more editable. Thou the customization it is quite good already

Billy Mathis

Beautiful, Modern Presentation With Plenty Of Functionality

Reviewed 2019-08-02

I've enjoyed QWILR so much I brought it with me to my new company. It makes for ease and elegance in proposal writing and communicating with prospects.

Pros
I love the look and the feel, but most of all QWILR functions in every way I need. From quickly building from one of my own templates to getting a simple signature for my terms and conditions, QWILR makes proposal building fun and easy.

Cons
The price was a challenge at first. I had to sell the program on colleagues before I could use it myself to minimize the expense. I would like to see a feature wherein documented chat/negotiations could be stored for the back in forth. Perhaps a block that allows for feedback when it's necessary.

Oscar Taboro

We show what we can offer ,in the best light with Qwilr.

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Pros
Qwirl simplifies the process of creating beautiful and professional looking marketing/sales documents ,pitches and proposals which our clients love and convinces them to want to do business with us. Leveraging on Qwirl templates has been helpful for my organization and has assisted us in building and maintaining a fast , efficient document process ,which pleases our clients ,gives us a professional, innovative look and enable our sales people close deals faster.

Cons
It is very expensive and I will think only large teams and organizations are able to enjoy the luxury of this. I doubt a small ,bootstrapping team can afford Qwirl.

EBIN ELIAS

A great tool to get proposals ready and get it signed

Reviewed 2019-04-07

We can now manage all our clients on one place and then regularly update them on the proposal changes, also the chance of getting the proposals signed is high as compared to the conventional method.

Pros
The major advantage of using Qwilr over the traditional method is that we can do all the other steps like presentation, review of proposal and signing it in automatic manner. No other action is required on this stage. Also we can maintain a strong relationship with the client using Qwilr. The best feature we have seen is the ease of adding the previous template to Qwilr and then working on it. It is very easy to add and update the proposals and it will get updated in real time on the client side.

Cons
The only issue we have seen is the lack of mobile app, please release the app asap.

John Rowa

Best proposal software for agencies on the web

Reviewed 2018-12-04

If you're an agency or a business that provides template-based proposals where you can customize most content, prices, and line items, this is the perfect solution for you. If you want a fully customized solution, there may be a few limitations, but it works for 99% of our proposals.

Pros
- Super easy to use - Beautiful templates to get you started - White labeling solution - Webhook integration

Cons
- Better, more visible options to the end-user for optional line items (labels over checkbox rows or something).

Pedro Leão

Great, but with room for improvements

Reviewed 2016-11-16

It's a great platform! I acknowledge that it's been improved (a lot) lately, but why don't do it even better? Some nice stuff like accessing an historic of versions (cause I don't know if someone already pointed it out, but it's quite common to loose some changes or having saving issues, so I think it would help a lot something like this) and uploading our own videos (like we do with images already) would be great. Probably there are many features needed by other users, so sharing a backlog of improvements, asking for the community what would be nice, or somethings like this review shall keep you guys improving qwilr. Thanks for hearing your customers. You're great

Pros
Ease of use and great design.

Cons
Lack of flexibility in text and design editing. Saving issues too frequent.

Amanda Farley

Great proposals, have had some issues with saving and investment models.

Reviewed 2017-10-17

Easy cloning of proposals, easy for any level employee to see how a project plan was created, it's easy to drop the link of the project into our project management software as well as send along with invoices. These proposals also look extremely nice and professional. The cloning features as well as the saving content blocks has been an advantage as well.

Pros
Looks great, easy to use. It's easy to have other team members access it afterwards, it allows for easy integration to invoicing system.

Cons
Saving and collaboration. A few times, we've had issues with the pricing reverting back to an old version, or if we need more than one person working on a proposal at a given time.

Amy Gehling

Always rolling out new features

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-07-25

Overall, I have been a loyal customer to Qwilr; they do make my proposal process quicker and more efficient.

Pros
Ease of use, templates, and my clients love the presentation of our proposals.

Cons
Export to pdf is still clumsy. I did experience some significant bugs in the last major feature rollout which did affect two client proposals and their deadlines.

Danielle Milner

Easy for Everyone

Reviewed 2019-07-23

Qwilr is by far the best system we've used for estimates. It's live-flexibility allows quick changes that have resulted in quicker response times. It's template and cloning features have also saved lots of time in development. We're getting estimates out in 24 hours versus a week.

Pros
I really appreciate that Qwilr has a built-in approval and payment system. I've eliminated two other systems with the addition of Qwilr, and saved our small studio thousands of dollars. I also appreciate the ability to track estimate views. It really helps with client management.

Cons
The greatest challenge we continue to have is formatting. There are limitations to the actual estimate portion, and we've had to create separate sections for timelines, which can be redundant and inconvenient.

Stefan Milićević

It helped us streamline our sales process!

Reviewed 2019-07-22

Pros
Relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it Beautiful docs with interactive functionality Tracking opens and other recipient actions directly Great customer support Constant improvement of the platform Very customizable

Cons
Somewhat steep learning curve Needs more MS Word-like functions, tables need to be revised and upgraded Occasionally prone to visual and logical glitches

Mark McArdle

Changed the way we do business

Reviewed 2016-11-29

We went online to source an online Proposal Software package that provided us with templates and analytics. We reviewed a number of packages - but when we found QWILR, we soon realised that this was a game changer in the industry. We now have 15 licences and have rolled it out across the company.

Pros
Really changes how we are portrayed as a solution provider. The image we portray is how we like to be viewed.

Cons
There are a few features that we would have liked to see and the QWILR team have taken them onboard.

Vidya Chokkalingam

Awesome! But we need more templates

Reviewed 2017-10-17

Quick turnaround on proposals and good version control

Pros
Ease of use and looks professional without using a designer. Easy to set up. Like clone feature. Share feature is good.

Cons
Ability to move around line items of invoice. The invoicing software should be more flexible. Limited templates. Ability to add proposal options. when I try to create 2 payment option , it adds up both in a single total. Biggest problem is dashboard. I would like to who is seeing this document similar to doc send. So I am forced to download proposal in PDF and send via docsend.

Paul Sedgwick

Qwilr helps to set us apart

Reviewed 2019-07-22

Value it highly for proposals and also for program summaries.

Pros
Viewer experience mixing strong visuals inc video. Sending a link rather than a huge file

Cons
It is still developing some of its functionality. Getting images sized right and mixing some text fonts or sizes still not easy.