Google Meet Logo

Google Meet

Messaging, voice, and video calls for team communication

Google Meet Reviews - Page 4

10,665 reviews

Let's hangout!

It makes meeting easier. Especially when it comes to vendor partners that are out of state, it makes it easy to connect face-to-face instead of on a call. Additionally audio is sooooo much crisper. I don't have the issues I typically do on phone calls saying "Hey, I missed that. Can you repeat yourself?" over and over and over again.

Pros

Google Hangouts continues to be a game changer within the video conferencing world. They make it easy to use and connect with the ability to share invites through your calendar as you're setting up meetings with internal or external people.

Cons

For the most part, my dislike stems from user error. And it's typically user error with the phone number option. People will dial in and mess-up the number. Or with the video conference feature they'll be somewhere with bad internet or won't see the button to click to allow the pop-up. Silly people...

Hangouts: The Best Video Recording/Streaming option for the price

Overall, Hangouts was the program for us. Rival video chat and stream software used too much bandwidth or lacked the quality that Hangouts produced.

Pros

The Google products are the best available for the price. Hangouts is connected to Youtube, therefore you can stream and record directly to the video supersite. You can also stream events for those that cannot be there in person. We have been able to record and stream our morning devotionals with a sister campus daily with minimal glitches. Hangouts uses minimal bandwidth which has been great for certain area near us that do not have fast internet speeds.

Cons

The platform and dashboard are a little confusing. If the tech person was not around, other staff had trouble getting everything setup correctly. This is definitely for the technically inclined and the sound gurus.

Great place to have your online meetings

We have been using Google Hangouts to have online meetings with members that are all over Australia and NZ. This has been an excellent tool to have meetings and keep the socialness on point. I think it is better to see the people you are speaking to than just listen to their voices. I will keep using this for work and for personal use.

Pros

It is super easy to use, you just need an invite and place it on your google calendar. The app just tells you when you have your meeting and then, voila, everyone is connected and "face to face" virtually, using Google Hangouts.

Cons

Sometimes, there might be issues with the internet connection and depending on the newness of equipment, some computers or smartphones might not be able to use Google Hangouts.

A simple but reliable product that has a ton of room to grow

Hangouts has been a great tool for us on a basic level. I don't think it is an enterprise solutions by any means, but it is useful on an individual basis for simple communication requirements.

Pros

Google Hangouts is a very simple product that is easy to use and solves our basic communication needs within our company. This includes individual chats, group/team chats, video calls, and voice calls to phones (mostly international). As part of the G-Suite for Business, Hangouts seamlessly integrates with all of the other applications in the Suite.

Cons

While I do appreciate that Hangouts doesn't have a standalone cost or fee associated with it, there is definitely a lack of features for it. There is a lot of room for improvement for searching within chats, managing multiple group chats, etc. Simple features could be modeled off of Slack and other more robust communication platforms.

Accessible online meeting software

Google meet is a super software for video calls. It offers a lot of advantages. It can also help improving the working remotely situatiion be more bearable if you need human interactions.

Pros

I have been using Google meet for as long as I remember working in a company. The product itself is great and easy to use. They improved it a lot over time. We can video conference wuith team from anywhere with a simple link. Live conversation can happen in chat while the video conference is happening. We can now record video calls we make. We can see everyone on screen and make it really interactive. Plus, pricing is not super expensive.

Cons

Sometimes it can bug a bit your internet is not really high. Same if you have got many people on the call with all cameras open.

Any conversation, safely and without crashing!

We use to chat internally and also with external people. We care for safety, in this regard the tool was constant and always worked very well for us, we didn't exchange for anything!

Pros

Simple to use, intuitive, does not crash, anyone can use it, safe. For our organization it was the best solution found for team and external conversations!

Cons

We did not find any cons concerning the tool, because for the use of the organization it has always been functional and safe, besides being free, without cons!

Google Meet Review from an Executive Assistant

Overall my experience with Goole Meet is a positive one and I highly recommend using it for your smaller video calls.

Pros

What I like most about Google Meet is the ease of use. It is literally one-click to add the link into meeting invitations and one-click to join the video calls. I’ve also never experienced any connectivity issues.

Cons

What I like least about Google Meet is that it is not functional for larger calls. I believe the participant limit is 25 so if you have a larger, broader call, an alternative software will be needed.

Absolute Life Saver

I would highly recommend this over e-mail updates, texting, or GroupMe- the ease of use and quickness of messaging for this software is absolutely amazing!

Pros

The ease of use and quickness of messaging with this product is a life saver for the size of team we have. Something that I absolutely adore about this is that you can have multiple groups set up: for example, we have a super staff chat we can use that has over 40+ users in our department so we can quickly use that for meeting room change updates, or if we have a visitor on campus or a conference we can quickly update everybody. You can also have chats for smaller groups in immediate teams for example- we use smaller group chat settings to share things like interesting articles, road closures on campus, upcoming events, etc. I love that you can customize the group names, too, and add or remove users with ease, so it's super easy to update and maintain a clean user list :)

Cons

I have no complaints at all! Being able to customize things like text colors would be cool, but we do have limitations on what we can do as we are part of a larger university team. I do like that we can create groups with other department users as well (so for example, when we have walking groups or book club groups we can interact with other uses outside of our immediate school and department since they still have the university G-mail e-mail addresses.

Perfect for small sized companies

Overall experience has been great using Google Meet for small size company and for small teams involving 3-6 participants!

Pros

Google Meets is a great tool for small companies to conduct meetings based on small teams or projects. It is easily incorporated with Gmail, so it's great having the whole suite incorporated with work emails. Additionally you can call in from your phone OR use your computer audio/camera, so having the option is great. Google Meet can also call your phone to link you into each meeting which is helpful since dialing numbers, passcodes, and participant codes can be a pain and time consuming. Google Meet also has screen sharing capabilities just like other software.

Cons

Learning curve for how the set up works and user interface is not as straightforward, but after a few meetings you get the hang of it!

Google meet and inexpensive solution for business does the job when connecting peopple

we get our partners and coworkers to meet via hangouts, use it a lot, every day we get at least 10 to 15 different meetings and it is a very nice application. i also have the mobile app on my iphone it also works great when i am away from office.

Pros

It is very easy to use, no install requierd, just the use of google chrome for best user experience, however other browsers are supported like firefox. on the licence cost, it is very affordable and you get unlimited call time with the cheapest license and also get all the gsuite functionality (gmail, google docs, etc) it also free if you use it with a personal gmail account, in mi case we use google business accounts.

Cons

sometimes the camera does not display, this is very annoying, but overall it works fine most of the time, also it requires more bandwidth than other solutions, but if you have high speed internet then you will be fine

Google Hangouts is an excellent video conferencing and chatting tool.

Communication with the entire team including remote colleagues is great with Google enterprise software. It makes searching for colleagues and finding contact information very simple.

Pros

Google hangouts provides the ability to video chat and message colleagues smoothly through the g suite interface. It makes remote communication super simple.

Cons

Sometimes the interface and the video quality is lacking when using google hangouts. Google Meet has brought a strong refresh to the product.

Great Chat Tool for Small Businesses and Teams

Overall, my experience with Google Hangouts has been really good. I use it every day to communicate with my team. It's very user friendly and very affordable. I can use it on my phone and my computer. I find that I am using it more often on my phone. The video and audio quality is good considering the price you pay. It's really a great tool for anyone who wants to do group chats but doesn't want to pay a premium for the other guys. I recommend Hangouts for anyone who wants an affordable group chat tool that's easy to set up and use.

Pros

First, I really like that Google Hangouts Meet integrates with Google Suite. This makes it very convenient for me and my team. This has been a great tool for meeting with my team remotely. It's really easy to set up and the call quality is pretty good. I also like the messaging feature. Hangouts is also really convenient, I can use it on my phone and my computer. I was reluctant to use it on my phone because I was afraid that the quality would be poor but I was pleasantly surprised. Also, you can't beat the price. Hangouts is one of the best group chat tools available for the price.

Cons

It would be nice if Google could integrate some of the similar products into one tool. With Google Hangouts, Chat, and Wave I feel like they would better off integrating all of these together. Also, it's missing some of the features that it's competitors offer. However, it's beats them on price so I guess it's give and take. Other than that I don't really have any other complaints. Google Hangouts is a great tool for group chats and messaging. Anyone who on the fence, just give it a try, you won't regret it.

Review on Google Meet

Google meet is basic level inexpensive video conferencing tool that can be used to online meeting and remote team management. It is very easy to operate and to connect google meet. Supports vast set of devices hence any person can join form anywhere using mobile phone or laptop. Paid version only allows to record the meetings. Google team should provide attention on improving the video quality and streaming videos in through a video player. Overall it is a good product to cover basic video conferencing.

Pros

Those who have google account can get Google meet freely and very easy to host a meeting as well as join a meeting. . Free version gives you up to 100 participants and per meeting until 1 hour. It has no limit on usage and can use unlimited times. Live recording is available for meetings and can be used with mobiles phones as well. It has vast compatibility across the devices supporting both android and IOS. It allows screen resizing and controls given to host. It provide multiple screen layouts during the meeting and which is a good feature. Easy screen sharing and chat. Real time video captioning is available with Google meet. Easy meeting joining via gmail or calendar.

Cons

Google meet has basic level features and not suitable for advance video conferencing or remote management. No remote working tools available. You need to have a gmail account to use Google meet. Bit difficult to send multimedia files via meet application. You can not stream the videos on player and share it on Google meet. Instead you should play the videos on google chrome. Google meet should consider having this feature on their product. Speech to text function is not reliable. When conducting meeting with larger group of people sometimes video gets interfered and some parts go missing.

Hangouts Meet does the job

It's been our go-to option because of it's ease of integration with GSuite. However, many of the other big players offer a simple extension for modern browsers to be similar to Google Hangouts.

Pros

The thing I like most about Hangouts meet is the simplicity of the interface. It's clean and fairly easy to navigate, and setup meetings.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software compared to other Video Conferencing apps are the extra features and overall quality. I always have to use Zoom when doing screen sharing as the experience is FAR better from both a user experience and image quality when sharing a screen or video in general.

Google Hangouts – All in one app

- Recommendable for small, medium as well as large scale organisation. - I love this application. I use this everyday for at least 8 to 9 hours. - For me hangouts are like coffee, needed and essential.

Pros

- I use google hangouts to connect with my old colleagues and chat with old friends. - You can even chat or call while using mailbox, that means you can work simultaneously. It is combination of email and messaging app. - The best thing about hangouts is it don’t only add and search people within your groups or contact list. - Audio and video quality of calls are also good. - There are some stickers...

Cons

- It is not possible to permanently remove someone from google hangouts. You must block that person that is only an option. - Sometime desktop notification appears late, like after a few seconds of another person stop typing. - It works well in windows and android no idea about IOS. - It can be improved with more features & Updates.

Easy to use meeting tool

Pros

We've used different meeting tools in our company (Zoom, Meet, Teams etc..). Google Meet is still the most easy to use solution. It doesn't offer much tools when you for example want to schedule an online seminar. However it's easy to use for your daily meetings and has integrations with most CRM platforms.

Cons

It doesn't give you additional functionality to host seminars for example.

Hangouts is flexible and versatile communication platform between friends, family and colleagues.

Pros

Hangouts shines most in it's cross platform support and it's ease of use. Available on a web, through both iOS and Android apps, hangouts allows someone to communicate wherever they are and whenever they want. In addition, the simple but effective design of the hangouts on all platforms allows newcomers to easily learn how to use it. Even those who are not technologically inclined are able to learn...

Cons

The most annoying thing about hangouts was the process of inviting new users. The interface for inviting users with no current google account on a web browser involved a confusing UI, and there was also no confirmation that the invitation had been sent.

One of the best communications software to be in touch with your peers and friends and families.

Overall it has been a good experience for me using the Hangout. I am using this on regular basis on my PC and on my android phone and I can say this is really a one of the best software for communication with your loved ones.

Pros

I have been using this software since it's inception on Microsoft Windows and Android platforms. This is my primary way of communication when I need to get in touch with your friends and families. You can text, voice and even video call to the contacts you have in your contact list. Best thing about this IM software is that any random person cannot bother you and only the contact you have in your list...

Cons

About con of this software, though I cannot think of many but one of the cons I would like to mention is its ability of provide many features such as the emoji collection is not up to the mark but again this is something that doesn't matter many so I think that was the only low point for me of this software.

Easy to share and high quality backgrounds

It helps for daily meetings and is a great product of the google suite

Pros

The features I like the most is the virtual background, it is great for meetings. Captioning is also very good since I can read words that I may miss. I also like the how we can divide people off the meeting.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow when using virtual background features. Fast connection is usually needed

Good! But, can be better!

My overall experience with Google Hangouts is you get what you pay for which the app is free so you can't complain although I believe that the developers can make it a lot better and I also believe that the app Google Hangouts and should be promoted more because not that people know about Hangouts that mean they see an app on their phone and back okay what's this that's how I was at first I mean most people use Facebook Messenger video chat because nobody knows about the hangout again so promoting Hangouts with probably bring a lot of customers

Pros

The good thing about Google Hangouts is that it's free and does everything else a app you have to pay for does.

Cons

The app is good but there are a couple of cons you want to pay attention too. Lets begin. When you are video chatting one-on-one the quality is good but if you continue to add more people the quality starts getting bad the phone starts freezing up and it starts to lag. You can search for family or friends but they have to be in your contacts so if they're not in your contacts you won't be able to chat...

Google Hangouts makes it easy to hang out!

Google Hangouts is a wonderful communication tool. It is a great resource for video calls, audio calls, or conference calls with multiple people or just only one other person. Sometimes, if you cannot call, then you can send a quick text, and the text sends immediately. It is easy to use, and it's free. Google Hangouts stand out above the rest.

Pros

Fantastic Alternative to Skype! I've used Google Hangouts for over 6 years, and it continues to improve. -With Google Hangouts, I am able to record through Youtube, and share the call with participants. -You can use it on all devices (internet, tablet, or phone). The Google Hangouts app works amazing to streamline the mobile devices. -Google Hangouts allows for customers to screen share their screen...

Cons

I don't really have any cons. The internet is essential to using Google Hangouts. It cannot be used offline.

Google Hangouts/Review

I use this app weekly, but its very easy and useful for chat with friends or family.

Pros

-Works on any operating system. On Android, iOS, and OS, Chrome is installed as a separate application (but can be launched through the browser). Thanks to this, you can start communicating on one device, continue on another and end on a third - all history will be saved on the server. -Works in text chat, voice calls and video calls. -Allows you to hold a video call with 2 to 25 participants. -Hangouts...

Cons

-The service does not always display slideshows in full screen mode. -No "invisible" status (If you're online - always visible to your contacts). -The delay at the beginning of an online video is broadcast for more than 20 seconds (sometimes the audience perceives it as an unpleasant pause). -The display shows a permanent Hangouts logo. -In my humble opinion, the advantages still outweigh the disadvantages. For free access to such a set of functions, it is quite possible to accept them.

A great way to check in

Overall, I enjoy using Google Hangouts as opposed to other forms of communication with customers because it allows me the freedom to put people into different groupings based on their order type. It is easier for me to keep track of things, which is great because I'm also a busy mom on top of being a cake decorator.

Pros

Google Hangouts has been invaluable in my communications with customers and my director of finances (my husband). I use this on a daily basis to instantly communicate with each person. Hangouts allows me to create groups which allows me to separate customer orders into didn't categories, like weddings versus birthdays or friends versus regular customers. The notifications are easy to personalize and set up is a breeze. You can easily send pictures and information quickly, and it is nice that it tells you on the chat screen when someone is typing or if they've seen your message.

Cons

As far as I know, you are not able to send files with hangouts. This would be a nice feature to offer because then I would be able to send customer contracts and delivery agreements or invoices directly to them instead of in a separate email.

Video chat capability with Google Hangouts

Overall I had a decent experience using Google Hangouts. I would say if you're looking for something quick and free to use go with Google hangouts.

Pros

Google Hangouts is a free service provided by Google. It gives you the ability to easily share your screen with whoever is on the chat line.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to sent participants a notification to join a live video chat on Google Hangouts. Trying to invite people on the call takes up too much of your time.

Another Video Conferencing Solution

My usage of it is to simply connect with the client, conduct a consult with a potential client. It accomplishes those tasks for me easily.

Pros

This is again a great video conferencing solution. Now that we are living under a pandemic and we have had to shelter in place for a period of time, this is another software solution that has been helpful in connecting clients and potential clients with my office. It is very reliable. I have never had any issues with the broadcast of the video between myself and the client. It is another option in the many video conferencing solutions available for businesses during the pandemic. I have to keep my video conferencing solutions open as clients and potential clients may not have access to other video conferencing solutions.

Cons

There is nothing about the software application that I do not particularly like or have a specific problem with. It works great for its intended purpose and the purpose of my business. That is what matters to me.