ConnectWise Control Logo

ConnectWise Control

Remote meeting platform for resolving customers' queries

ConnectWise Control Reviews

User ratings

4.7

1.7K
  • Likelihood to recommend9.11/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The integration of connectiwise with other software is great. This is the reason why I really love this software.

HS

Harshpreet S.

So far it was a breeze to set up and create groups of my PCs I manage. Having the ability to share passes for 3rd party IT help is nice too.

BC

Brett C.

We have been a screen connect/Connectwise Control user since 2012, a brilliant piece of software and pricing is very competitive. It's quick and supports a large number of clients.

RB

Rory B.

Horrible, horrible customer service and support. I was constantly getting false positives.

RS

Rene S.

Product support is disappointing. On the few occasions that I have needed to reach out to support, I ultimately figured out how to correct the problem myself.

EP

Elias P.

The big thing we learned was not to use the unstable branch in production and that for more than 4 years the unstable had never caused us issue.

CL

Central-logocaret
+ 9
Rescue-logocaret
+ 6
How would you rate ConnectWise Control?

1,777 reviews

Shawn B.

IT Architect

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Better Remote access than 90% of competitors

Transcript

Shawn: Hi, my name is Shawn. I'm an IT Solutions Architect. My ratings for ConnectWise Control is four...

Best Remote Desktop App

Transcript

Yash: Hi, my name is Yash. I'm an associate at a financial institution. I give ConnectWise Control a...

If you value your time and energy, use this software

I use this software on a daily basis to keep IT operations within my organization running like a well-oiled machine. Our pharmacies are very remote and the ease of deployment makes it a breeze to troubleshoot any machine located anywhere from anywhere.

Pros

ConnectWise Control was incredibly easy to implement, and is very powerful. It comes with so many tools and features that are invaluable and solve complex problems very simply.

Cons

No cons really. Any features and updates or nice-to-have's are added by their development team in subsequent updates, and they really do listen to their user base.

A lot of value for dollar with ConnectWise Control

Overall ConnectWise Control has been easy to deploy and use. Initially we were hesitant to add our servers to a remote support tool like ConnectWise Control or TeamViewer, but this tool has made remote server administration much simpler.

Pros

ConnectWise Control has a great web view that allows us to quickly find the computer/server we're looking for. We can run standard command line and PowerShell commands through the web interface to quickly gather information or troubleshoot a user's computer without impacting the user experience. The screen share is very fast and reliable and often preferred over Remote Desktop sessions. It's also very nice to be able to switch between user sessions on the computer, like when interacting with a Remote Desktop server and needing to assist a specific user on the Remote Desktop server.

Cons

The software doesn't fully integrate with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, the only software that does is TeamViewer.

ConnectWise Control Review from Experience

I have utilized ConnectWise Control for 10 years at two different companies. This product has helped keep me and my teams efficient and productive while allowing for wizard-level support all over the world. I will not go without this software after experiencing it. I purchased this on my own to utilize prior to my current company adopting it company-wide.

Pros

The ease of connecting to a system. There are no complex login processes and the product functions extremely well. The remote experience is good enough to work all week through and the reliability of the sessions is enough that you don't need to have backup methods for remote access.

Cons

I don't have too many complaints because I have utilized and continue to utilize various other platforms in client environments that have worse functionality. If I had to pick one thing it would be that on occasion I have experienced a few instances where a PC without a monitor connected gives me a black screen when connecting to it. I do not believe that this issue is specific to Connectwise due to the graphics card and how it processes the GUI. The biggest challenge in recommending remote access software to a client is that there is always the concern about getting compromised. The on-premise version of this software allows us to recommend it to any client with a lower level of concern.

The price is right, it has enough features that were not that easy to integrate, its reputation has

see above you could have had the market targeting alot of users and devices all around the world with your good fair pricing but everything else is not so good as it was -- with webex, teamview, logmein, ultravnc free, dameware, Zendesk, anydesk, realvnc just to name a few we as IT professional cant afford to look stupid with virus threats coming up with screenconnect and telling people all these...

Pros

THE price compared to TEAMVIEWER AND LOG|ME in i was not a large operation so the licensing suited i loved the idea that i could make it a subdomain of my site or just have a link and it was White labelled affordable once i was remotely connected it was fine It has many integrations and partnered up with a lot of companies

Cons

Its a pity you have not a better business relationship with antivirus companies in most occasions and it was happening more and more that it would be picked up as a virus --- not good and worrying it has many integrations and features ---- these features were hard to install and because there was many versions - most the time hard to get the right compatibility -- these integrations should be one...

I'm Better At Work With ConnectWise Than Ever

I have a wonderful and satisfying experience whiles using this software. Very easy to install, user-friendly, and most importantly it can be used across most iOS-like Windows, Linux, OS X, and Andriod.

Pros

The features of multifunctionality. It's a perfect solutions provider for meetings, easy remote access, help desk, education, and so much more.

Cons

I am yet to find any issues with this software. So far, it's at the peak of its game-perfect.

Great tool for monitoring employees

Pros

We use Connectwise control for the sake of employee monitoring as well as deployment of new software. Occasionally for troubleshooting deployed computers as well.

Cons

There's minor things, such as being able to view computers screens as they're actively being used, without having to connect. The dashboard could be better.

CW Review

Pros

Managing service tickets from multiple products is nice with the different service boards. Can easily update Status to manage progress/work on them. Nice how everything is associated to its own company for easy lookup when referring to past tickets. All communication is nicely tracked public/internally within each ticket and easy to include multiple resources at one time when working on something. Can conveniently update/create tickets via Portal or Email.

Cons

Email Auto Reply can become cumbersome if you send a reply to a customer and they have an auto reply setup that sends back and creates a ticket and then the system and the users auto reply go back and forth in a never ending loop creating tickets over and over again.

High performance remote control tool

Pros

ConnectWise Control has great features as a remote desktop connection solution.

Cons

Connection session time needs to be longer, I am losing connection frequently.

Connection goof

Pros

I like it as it is easy to learn understand flexible and customer oriented

Cons

I did not have any complaints about this software

Simple and effective remote access

Pros

The ability to quickly connect in a simple security verification allows remote access quickly for troubleshooting and support of remote stations

Cons

Once it's installed it can be difficult to turn the process off and when we first implemented it the software would trigger systems that were in sleep mode to start back up randomly.

Best Remote Solution

Excellent Experience, it saved us a lots of hassle with other remote desktops solutions, saved us lots of money as it was provided to us within our RMM solution. Our Customers feels better of how we are providing support now and how they can communicate with us in much easier way.

Pros

Easy to deploy and use and stable for both windows and Mac OS computers. Easy to access computers, chat, reboot. Categorize computers under different groups, create alerts, reports, chat, integrates with other tools, collect info about computers without taking control and able to adjust special settings for you or add addons that help you make your console do what you want. customers can initiate chat from the computer itself directly and appear to our techs on console.

Cons

Just 3 things: when customer initiate chat from his computer it appear on the console as red dot beside the group without any sound alert like a bell ring that a chat is waiting. 2nd thing if there is an option to have application for tech to different connected sessions in one window and switch between them within tabs in this app instead of having separate window for each connected session. 3rd add mobile solution so we can access mobile devices

New User's Thoughts

Over the last 20 years, I've used all sorts of remote control software, most for a year or more. I used Log Me In when it was the preferred remote control solution at Connectwise several years ago and was very happy with that program, but I changed RMM program, and switched over to Solarwinds old Take Control, which did the job, but did not have the features that ConnectWise Control has. I've used Zoho Assist, which was inexpensive, but again lacked the features with CW Control. Also used Splashtop Remote for over a year which again was just about the same price, but without the features we have here.

Pros

I really like the ease with which I can connect with my customer's machines. Also, their command center at the top middle of the screen sometimes gets in the way but can be moved around. That Command center has some impressive tools in it, more than most, and they are very useful. From the Managed Toolbox that you can completely customize with your own tools to the help box which lets you do Google searches without leaving the application. The chat feature works as expected but could be improved. And it's affordable.

Cons

When you chat with a customer and sent the chat, it would be nice if the customer's chat window popped up on the customer's screen with your chat, instead of blinking on the Task Bar. I usually have to go to the customer's machine, click on the blinking ConnecWise Control icon to let the customer know that I have information or an answer for them.

Good Remote Support Platform

I'm very happy with this product, except for the price but it's not too terrible. I'm very used to free software but they just didn't have the features like ScreenConnect, especially being able to connect to any machine and manage it if it's connected to network anywhere.

Pros

I signed my company up for the Standard Package since it's wasn't critical that we had all of the features but we needed unlimited unattended access agents. This gives us the ability to see what machines are connected to internet or not and shows you the clients private and public IP addresses. This feature alone has helped me with user issues without even connecting to them. The remote command line...

Cons

The platform is pretty solid but the user management is not as easy to spot the first time around. It would be nice if the OTP was easier to add for the Google Authenticator. Most give you a QR-Code to add the OTP but it works once you get it setup.

Better than TeamViewer

We manage large number of clients, some of them with unattended access and others without installing the client (on demand). After trial we have strong prositive impression with the functionalities and usability of the software. There was small fear of switching from a different product but the transition went smooth. We find some new functionality that we can use every week :)

Pros

Transition was easy both from our and the client side. Non of our clients had any experience with ConnectWise control but all were happy with the product and the service. Connecting to the clients are easy, but what we liked the most is the extensive information about the client that is obtained by the ConnectWise Control (connection history, notes, run commands, view and kill processes). This is highly recommended software for any IT service company.

Cons

So far (few months) we didn't have or find any problems with the ConnectWise control. Hope it will stay that way :)

Overwhelmingly simple yet effective

Overall this is one of the best remote control software products I've ever used. Overall it's very smooth to operate, on low speed or high latency connections, it will still work, but has (obvious) delays. Despite this, it's still possible to get the work done, there are just delays that make it appear as though you aren't doing anything since you're waiting for the next screen to render. This is especially bad during UAC prompts. I have been using this product for many years now and have rarely run into issues with it. For the price point though, this is the best product on the market and scales based on your needs.

Pros

- Ease of use - Quick setup (cloud version) - Minimal training required - Easy customization - Solid connectivity - Requires no end user training

Cons

- Speed of connection varies greatly when using the cloud vs on-prem - Must have a decent internet connection to use efficiently - UAC prompts will cause the connection to slow down to a crawl even on good internet (not sure if a connectwise issue or a windows issue)

Product is one of the best I've used

Our company has been a Connectwise (ScreenConnect) client since nearly the very beginning of the company. We have enjoyed a long standing relationship and legacy pricing that is not offered to other clients.

Pros

We have access to our client's computers at one of the cheapest endpoint costs out there. Our server went down at one point for various reasons and we lost the complete configuration. We contacted technical support and they were so helpful that we ended up getting all of our client's computers checking into the server up restoring the license key. Support saved us.

Cons

When we did the restore, it didn't preserve the groups that we had segmented our clients into. We had to take alot of time to restore the configuration environment that we had set up.

Simple, Easy to use

Initially used ConnectWise Control (Formerly ScreenConnect) for simple IT support sessions (credential resets, issues with software, etc.). Later deployed agents to network. We found this product much more superior than other alternatives available on the market such as Kaseya. Sessions with speedy, and tools were easy to use like viewing one monitor individually, or performing maintenance discretely in open office environments. Allowed for support sessions to be performed remotely by staff extending the teams' effectiveness even in inclimate weather or times when IT staff worked remotely.

Pros

Formerly Screenconnect, Connectwise Control is an easy to use remote software that gives IT professionals all the necessary support session tools to easily perform remote IT sessions with end users. - Includes chat messaging - Includes options to view services, logs, and processes - Allows technician to blackout monitor / block keyboard presses during session - Allows for easy facilitation of temporary remote sessions by non-technical staff - Easy facilitation to give "passes" (timed access) to end-users and technical support staff - Allows for basic scripting options for alerting and webhooks - 2FA Authentication enabled

Cons

- Difficult initially to setup department groups of computers, - Not a lot of documentation on setting up webhook scripting, - Database maintenance can be tedious - Outside basic functionality (which is all you need), selective and limited add-on options and integrations (compared to other product Automate [labtech]) - Uses Java over HTML5 only.

#1 in Unattended Remote Access

I've used many remote access tools in my few years as an IT professional. None have come close to the quality, speed, and reliability of ConnectWise Control. If you've read any of my other reviews of ConnectWise products you'll find a common theme, we started using the product shortly before the acquisition. In the ScreenConnect days the tool was just as good and it was impressive to see how smoothly this tool was brought into the fold. ConnectWise Control will never leave my mind as the pinnacle of remote access tools.

Pros

The service/local application. Its so fast to reconnect after disconnection. It is so reliable in staying up even when the machine is under great stress otherwise. This is just a solid piece of software that does exactly what it needs to and then some. The added features are all cohesive and add to the experience of remotely assisting our customers. This tool filled a VERY much needed gap in the ConnectWise suite of tools and really made for a holy trinity for technicians day to day ease of use in working tickets in Manage, running commands and maintenance out of Automate, and immediately helping clients with Control.

Cons

Managing the server yourself had the usual annoyances of having to do so, but also the positives. I believe they will host you now as well. Honestly there is very little poor to say about this product!

ConnectWise Control - Amazing Remote Support Utility

Over CW Control has been a game-changer in how our company delivers remote support to our clients. It has allowed us to operate more efficiently and gives our techs the tool they need to provide awesome remote support. Since we have started using it we have not even considered looking for an alternative tool.

Pros

Connectwise Control is an easy to use software that allows our company to provide remote access and remote support to our clients. The software was extremely easy to setup and configure and get running. Once it was set up and running it just works. It is the fastest remote access tool we have ever used. It connects to sessions in seconds, not minutes like some of the other remote access tools out there. The...

Cons

The least liked portion of Control is that support is not always easy to get a hold of and sometimes does not always have the best solutions or fixes during the initial support engagement.

Best value out there in remote support

We're a small company so when one of their competitors had a major price increase, I started looking for an alternative. So glad I found ConnectWise Control! We're a small company and dont have the need for constant concurrent connection so paying thousands of dollars for that functionality didnt make sense. Service has been reliable, easy tio set up and most importantly, easy or my clients to use and connect.

Pros

Easy to use. Reliable. great dashboard.

Cons

It does everything I need and surprises me with things I didnt know I needed!

Mostly Great

Overall, the software works basically like it should. There are some problems, but every software has it's issues. I would like to see some new features such as responding to online clients requests via our email so that I can respond to customers without having to lot into the system. On the same note, I would love to see that when a customer requests to open a chat, that the dialog box would include...

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use, intuitive and easy to deploy with the hosted option. The newer features to look up currently installed Software, the latest error logs and full specs with SN is used almost daily in our computer. The notes feature can glitch from time to time, but is a great way to track notes on customers when I'm doing a large batch of updates. I use it to track updates I've started...

Cons

My least favorite problem with this software is the customer service. We came across a bug over the past few months and when we called in were basically told that the problem was essentially end user error, which is ironic since we've used the software going on 5 years now and we are extremely familiar with the ins and outs of both the software and basic troubleshooting since, ya know, that's our job......

Great tool - Good mix of Instant and Agent

Love the product. Used to use a VLC-based product before, and this has gone so far already. Still some growing up to do, but seems like one of the best available products out there, at least for my needs, without being stupid-priced.

Pros

There is a lot to like about the platform. From an easy-to-use instant platform, to a strong access agent. It does a lot well, and there isn't a lot it doesn't do well. I love the idea of the toolkit, where you can pre-upload commonly-used tools. I also like that the software seems to be taking some steps forward as time goes on as well.

Cons

Always have to turn down to Low setting. Doesn't seem as optimized for bandwidth as other tools. Lack of CNAME ability; Doesn't seem to work right no matter how you set it up to make the site look like your own. Very awkward to customize look-feel, even with third-party add-ons.

Great remote software with good feature set.

I switched over from fixme.it as I needed a remote support app with a phone app as I use tablet and phones in the field and I'm.not always near a computer. Support has been great over chat as needed and most downtime is noted well ahead of time.

Pros

Ease of setup and configuration. Personal landing page for remote clients. Quickly see online status, system specifications and ram usage Easily issue commands to system and transfer files.

Cons

Upgrading and sometimes new clients have issues associating with account. Once in awhilenanfew workstations refuse to update and manually installing fails. Price is on the high side compared to some offerings. Screenshot is nice but really too small to be of ant use

A great solution for a one-man-shop

It just works. It's super-ridiculously reliable. By that I mean, I've used MANY other remote support software solutions over the years, and while this one might not have the perfect clarity of an upscaled resolution, it has yet to fail me on a connection. I deploy them via MSI, occasionally update them from the admin interface, and ... thats it! It just works!

Pros

Compatibility, deployment (MSI package), and customization (can configure the server with addons, that in turn help you configure the client much faster than other solutions I've tried). AUTOMATIC NAME UPDATING. This was HUGE for me! This was the main reason I moved away from GoToAssist. I worked with GoToAssist support multiple times, but they couldn't help me get anything in place to do this....

Cons

Poor screen scaling (when compared to a competitor like TeamViewer), slow multi-monitor (becomes a sluggish because it seems to want to stream all screens at once, even if only one is selected), and ambiguous information as to whether another third party who also uses the software has left theirs installed / potentially could cause exploitation and already causes confusion. Scaling: If I connect to...

This used to be an awesome product for tech support. Now it is just great.

Support staff is always professional. But the way they get information from us and use it as to features on the product and what we like and dislike was really poorly done.

Pros

I *used* to like the "Toolbox" till they broke it. Ability to reboot computer and stay connected. Screen drawing.. but that is bittersweet as the feature was VERY BADLY written. Whomever wrote, clearly did not use it to try and talk someone through something on their computer. The ability to dynamically group computers by client and tags is AMAZING!!! I love that I can code searches for my groups. Ability to rename computers. See how long computers have been off-line The plugin system that allows me to greatly enhance the way I interact with the interface. Ability to create user accounts and control their security. (Still waiting for ability to limit how many connections they use) The fact that I can run it off my own server is AWESOME!

Cons

I used to love that I could use the "Toolbox" to execute my tech tools while working on computers. Just pick it from the list... have it download to C:\SomeFolder and then open that folder and all the tools were there. I could clean viruses, restart the computer, go back and continue. That is no more though. After I bought the software they changed it. Now the tools download to the users "Documents"...