All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

ConnectWise Control Reviews

Pros

I loved it until the Screenconnect team was fully integrated into Connectwise corporate. Very noticeable change in quality of the software.

Read the full review
Good quality remote sessions and being able to send clipboard to the remote computer as keystrokes is a lifesaver.

Blaine Y.

Read the full review
I switched from LogMeIn when they bumped their prices and I am very happy. ConnectWise Control is extremely reliable and a good value for the money.

Nick P.

Read the full review

Cons

Difficult to implement, misleading integration and training was vague on project based jobs and change orders despite telling them that was the majority of our business.

seth f.

Read the full review
Being considered unsafe and treated as a threat - i know that i could make it an exemption in the AV software but it came up as threat after the fact as if it later was damaged as professional tool.

Adam b.

Read the full review
The worst part about this software is how horrible the mobile app is. It literally seems that they've tried to squeeze the desktop experience into a mobile device.

John P.

1,221

1,665 reviews

Perfect for remote support

If you value your time and energy, use this software

I use this software on a daily basis to keep IT operations within my organization running like a well-oiled machine. Our pharmacies are very remote and the ease of deployment makes it a breeze to troubleshoot any machine located anywhere from anywhere.

Pros

ConnectWise Control was incredibly easy to implement, and is very powerful. It comes with so many tools and features that are invaluable and solve complex problems very simply.

Cons

No cons really. Any features and updates or nice-to-have's are added by their development team in subsequent updates, and they really do listen to their user base.

Best Remote Solution

Excellent Experience, it saved us a lots of hassle with other remote desktops solutions, saved us lots of money as it was provided to us within our RMM solution. Our Customers feels better of how we are providing support now and how they can communicate with us in much easier way.

Pros

Easy to deploy and use and stable for both windows and Mac OS computers. Easy to access computers, chat, reboot. Categorize computers under different groups, create alerts, reports, chat, integrates with other tools, collect info about computers without taking control and able to adjust special settings for you or add addons that help you make your console do what you want. customers can initiate chat from the computer itself directly and appear to our techs on console.

Cons

Just 3 things: when customer initiate chat from his computer it appear on the console as red dot beside the group without any sound alert like a bell ring that a chat is waiting. 2nd thing if there is an option to have application for tech to different connected sessions in one window and switch between them within tabs in this app instead of having separate window for each connected session. 3rd add mobile solution so we can access mobile devices

The price is right, it has enough features that were not that easy to integrate, its reputation has

see above you could have had the market targeting alot of users and devices all around the world with your good fair pricing but everything else is not so good as it was -- with webex, teamview, logmein, ultravnc free, dameware, Zendesk, anydesk, realvnc just to name a few we as IT professional cant afford to look stupid with virus threats coming up with screenconnect and telling people all these...

Pros

THE price compared to TEAMVIEWER AND LOG|ME in i was not a large operation so the licensing suited i loved the idea that i could make it a subdomain of my site or just have a link and it was White labelled affordable once i was remotely connected it was fine It has many integrations and partnered up with a lot of companies

Cons

Its a pity you have not a better business relationship with antivirus companies in most occasions and it was happening more and more that it would be picked up as a virus --- not good and worrying it has many integrations and features ---- these features were hard to install and because there was many versions - most the time hard to get the right compatibility -- these integrations should be one...

Good Remote Support Platform

I'm very happy with this product, except for the price but it's not too terrible. I'm very used to free software but they just didn't have the features like ScreenConnect, especially being able to connect to any machine and manage it if it's connected to network anywhere.

Pros

I signed my company up for the Standard Package since it's wasn't critical that we had all of the features but we needed unlimited unattended access agents. This gives us the ability to see what machines are connected to internet or not and shows you the clients private and public IP addresses. This feature alone has helped me with user issues without even connecting to them. The remote command line...

Cons

The platform is pretty solid but the user management is not as easy to spot the first time around. It would be nice if the OTP was easier to add for the Google Authenticator. Most give you a QR-Code to add the OTP but it works once you get it setup.

Connectwise - Screenconnect

I do not have to go to each machine and see it is on and all needed apps running. I have some workstations where RDP will kill a certain app's connection to the server. I had used Manage Engine but only the free (25 endpoints) version as it it tiered in a way that it is very expensive.

Pros

This gives me total control of my workstations and servers. I don't have to rely on RDP with it's limitations and insecurities. I also don't have to use VPN to remotely address users' issues at any time or from any computer, tablet or phone. This installed and deployed easily along with the ability for me to email someone a code to connect if they don't have app.

Cons

If there was one thing I had to critique, it would be that sometimes the app fails to register. Not sure if the service stalls but usually, I just RDP in and restart service or restart computer. This is rare, though.

ScreenConnect Make Support Easy

We had a massive problem where we had been on an unstable version without realising. Support where very helpful and helped correct the problem with little fuss and even arrange a refund for the problem. What amazing support. The big thing we learned was not to use the unstable branch in production and that for more than 4 years the unstable had never caused us issue. We are now stable only due to our size and this is one of our most used applications in our tool kit for remote user support and server access.

Pros

The best features are totally the remote support and ad-hoc session access that can be shared with multiple agents. I addition we lean heavily on the lightweight client for permanent access to servers over RDS. Also ingrates well with Azure AD.

Cons

The worst part, which is minor is the amount of customisation and branding.

Connectwise Control

Support is great and the product overall rarely causes us problems. We've been using it daily since 2012 and to be honest, even if it price doubled we would continue to stick with the product.

Pros

We have been a screen connect/Connectwise Control user since 2012, a brilliant piece of software and pricing is very competitive. It's quick and supports a large number of clients.

Cons

Not really much not to like, other than they no longer offer self-hosted plans, but fortunately we are grandfathered in.

So far so good

It has been solid for about 2 years. As remote support has grown, I’ve felt comfortable growing with ConnectWise Control.

Pros

Toolbox User chat Quality for weaker internet Reliability Wake on LAN

Cons

Mac version isn’t as robust as the PC Unable to edit server Toolbox on Mac Wake on LAN doesn’t always work

It's about the User

Been very happy with it and same with my clients. The only clients we have trouble with it is mac but that has more to do with apple's security and not connect wise control

Pros

That the login passcode is something we give the client and not the other way around. With other remote tools the client has to provide the passcode. A lot of the time when when it's up to them they are unable to find or provide the correct information.

Cons

The branding option doesn't have enough colors to work with.

Great overall, some minor bugs to be resolved

Pros

Overall inexpensive, easy to use, and does the job. Allows for unlimited remote access desktops so it's very easy to manage remote clients.

Cons

In trying to set up the remote access to clients, we would send them the URL generated within our ConnectWise portal. Maybe 70% of the time while using the link, the downloaded program would not work. When I transfer the executable downloaded directly from the site and install that, it works great. Tried to contact support about it and they weren't very helpful.

New User's Thoughts

Over the last 20 years, I've used all sorts of remote control software, most for a year or more. I used Log Me In when it was the preferred remote control solution at Connectwise several years ago and was very happy with that program, but I changed RMM program, and switched over to Solarwinds old Take Control, which did the job, but did not have the features that ConnectWise Control has. I've used Zoho Assist, which was inexpensive, but again lacked the features with CW Control. Also used Splashtop Remote for over a year which again was just about the same price, but without the features we have here.

Pros

I really like the ease with which I can connect with my customer's machines. Also, their command center at the top middle of the screen sometimes gets in the way but can be moved around. That Command center has some impressive tools in it, more than most, and they are very useful. From the Managed Toolbox that you can completely customize with your own tools to the help box which lets you do Google searches without leaving the application. The chat feature works as expected but could be improved. And it's affordable.

Cons

When you chat with a customer and sent the chat, it would be nice if the customer's chat window popped up on the customer's screen with your chat, instead of blinking on the Task Bar. I usually have to go to the customer's machine, click on the blinking ConnecWise Control icon to let the customer know that I have information or an answer for them.

Better than TeamViewer

We manage large number of clients, some of them with unattended access and others without installing the client (on demand). After trial we have strong prositive impression with the functionalities and usability of the software. There was small fear of switching from a different product but the transition went smooth. We find some new functionality that we can use every week :)

Pros

Transition was easy both from our and the client side. Non of our clients had any experience with ConnectWise control but all were happy with the product and the service. Connecting to the clients are easy, but what we liked the most is the extensive information about the client that is obtained by the ConnectWise Control (connection history, notes, run commands, view and kill processes). This is highly recommended software for any IT service company.

Cons

So far (few months) we didn't have or find any problems with the ConnectWise control. Hope it will stay that way :)

Overwhelmingly simple yet effective

Overall this is one of the best remote control software products I've ever used. Overall it's very smooth to operate, on low speed or high latency connections, it will still work, but has (obvious) delays. Despite this, it's still possible to get the work done, there are just delays that make it appear as though you aren't doing anything since you're waiting for the next screen to render. This is especially bad during UAC prompts. I have been using this product for many years now and have rarely run into issues with it. For the price point though, this is the best product on the market and scales based on your needs.

Pros

- Ease of use - Quick setup (cloud version) - Minimal training required - Easy customization - Solid connectivity - Requires no end user training

Cons

- Speed of connection varies greatly when using the cloud vs on-prem - Must have a decent internet connection to use efficiently - UAC prompts will cause the connection to slow down to a crawl even on good internet (not sure if a connectwise issue or a windows issue)

Product is one of the best I've used

Our company has been a Connectwise (ScreenConnect) client since nearly the very beginning of the company. We have enjoyed a long standing relationship and legacy pricing that is not offered to other clients.

Pros

We have access to our client's computers at one of the cheapest endpoint costs out there. Our server went down at one point for various reasons and we lost the complete configuration. We contacted technical support and they were so helpful that we ended up getting all of our client's computers checking into the server up restoring the license key. Support saved us.

Cons

When we did the restore, it didn't preserve the groups that we had segmented our clients into. We had to take alot of time to restore the configuration environment that we had set up.

Simple, Easy to use

Initially used ConnectWise Control (Formerly ScreenConnect) for simple IT support sessions (credential resets, issues with software, etc.). Later deployed agents to network. We found this product much more superior than other alternatives available on the market such as Kaseya. Sessions with speedy, and tools were easy to use like viewing one monitor individually, or performing maintenance discretely in open office environments. Allowed for support sessions to be performed remotely by staff extending the teams' effectiveness even in inclimate weather or times when IT staff worked remotely.

Pros

Formerly Screenconnect, Connectwise Control is an easy to use remote software that gives IT professionals all the necessary support session tools to easily perform remote IT sessions with end users. - Includes chat messaging - Includes options to view services, logs, and processes - Allows technician to blackout monitor / block keyboard presses during session - Allows for easy facilitation of temporary remote sessions by non-technical staff - Easy facilitation to give "passes" (timed access) to end-users and technical support staff - Allows for basic scripting options for alerting and webhooks - 2FA Authentication enabled

Cons

- Difficult initially to setup department groups of computers, - Not a lot of documentation on setting up webhook scripting, - Database maintenance can be tedious - Outside basic functionality (which is all you need), selective and limited add-on options and integrations (compared to other product Automate [labtech]) - Uses Java over HTML5 only.

#1 in Unattended Remote Access

I've used many remote access tools in my few years as an IT professional. None have come close to the quality, speed, and reliability of ConnectWise Control. If you've read any of my other reviews of ConnectWise products you'll find a common theme, we started using the product shortly before the acquisition. In the ScreenConnect days the tool was just as good and it was impressive to see how smoothly this tool was brought into the fold. ConnectWise Control will never leave my mind as the pinnacle of remote access tools.

Pros

The service/local application. Its so fast to reconnect after disconnection. It is so reliable in staying up even when the machine is under great stress otherwise. This is just a solid piece of software that does exactly what it needs to and then some. The added features are all cohesive and add to the experience of remotely assisting our customers. This tool filled a VERY much needed gap in the ConnectWise suite of tools and really made for a holy trinity for technicians day to day ease of use in working tickets in Manage, running commands and maintenance out of Automate, and immediately helping clients with Control.

Cons

Managing the server yourself had the usual annoyances of having to do so, but also the positives. I believe they will host you now as well. Honestly there is very little poor to say about this product!

ConnectWise Control - Amazing Remote Support Utility

Over CW Control has been a game-changer in how our company delivers remote support to our clients. It has allowed us to operate more efficiently and gives our techs the tool they need to provide awesome remote support. Since we have started using it we have not even considered looking for an alternative tool.

Pros

Connectwise Control is an easy to use software that allows our company to provide remote access and remote support to our clients. The software was extremely easy to setup and configure and get running. Once it was set up and running it just works. It is the fastest remote access tool we have ever used. It connects to sessions in seconds, not minutes like some of the other remote access tools out there. The...

Cons

The least liked portion of Control is that support is not always easy to get a hold of and sometimes does not always have the best solutions or fixes during the initial support engagement.

ConnectWise Control Opinions

Works great in our environment and has enable us to connect to any of our users wherever they may be. Its easy for the clients to use and connect especially if 24/7 access is setup. Would like to see the Host Pass time increased to an option of 48 hours. Many times work must be done over the weekend, this would then enable us to issue a pass for the entire weekend and be done with it!

Pros

Ease of use for myself and clients; two factor authentication . Love the Toolbox feature as it places often used apps, files, etc. at my fingertips. Being able to install consistent access to or clients is a big plus as we can see all of our devices listed with connection being just a click away. The option to pass credentials to the client is a great option to have too.

Cons

Not much, just the limitation of 24 hours on a Host Pass as this does not get us through a project over a weekends time frame.

Best value out there in remote support

We're a small company so when one of their competitors had a major price increase, I started looking for an alternative. So glad I found ConnectWise Control! We're a small company and dont have the need for constant concurrent connection so paying thousands of dollars for that functionality didnt make sense. Service has been reliable, easy tio set up and most importantly, easy or my clients to use and connect.

Pros

Easy to use. Reliable. great dashboard.

Cons

It does everything I need and surprises me with things I didnt know I needed!

Mostly Great

Overall, the software works basically like it should. There are some problems, but every software has it's issues. I would like to see some new features such as responding to online clients requests via our email so that I can respond to customers without having to lot into the system. On the same note, I would love to see that when a customer requests to open a chat, that the dialog box would include...

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use, intuitive and easy to deploy with the hosted option. The newer features to look up currently installed Software, the latest error logs and full specs with SN is used almost daily in our computer. The notes feature can glitch from time to time, but is a great way to track notes on customers when I'm doing a large batch of updates. I use it to track updates I've started...

Cons

My least favorite problem with this software is the customer service. We came across a bug over the past few months and when we called in were basically told that the problem was essentially end user error, which is ironic since we've used the software going on 5 years now and we are extremely familiar with the ins and outs of both the software and basic troubleshooting since, ya know, that's our job......

Great tool - Good mix of Instant and Agent

Love the product. Used to use a VLC-based product before, and this has gone so far already. Still some growing up to do, but seems like one of the best available products out there, at least for my needs, without being stupid-priced.

Pros

There is a lot to like about the platform. From an easy-to-use instant platform, to a strong access agent. It does a lot well, and there isn't a lot it doesn't do well. I love the idea of the toolkit, where you can pre-upload commonly-used tools. I also like that the software seems to be taking some steps forward as time goes on as well.

Cons

Always have to turn down to Low setting. Doesn't seem as optimized for bandwidth as other tools. Lack of CNAME ability; Doesn't seem to work right no matter how you set it up to make the site look like your own. Very awkward to customize look-feel, even with third-party add-ons.

Great remote software with good feature set.

I switched over from fixme.it as I needed a remote support app with a phone app as I use tablet and phones in the field and I'm.not always near a computer. Support has been great over chat as needed and most downtime is noted well ahead of time.

Pros

Ease of setup and configuration. Personal landing page for remote clients. Quickly see online status, system specifications and ram usage Easily issue commands to system and transfer files.

Cons

Upgrading and sometimes new clients have issues associating with account. Once in awhilenanfew workstations refuse to update and manually installing fails. Price is on the high side compared to some offerings. Screenshot is nice but really too small to be of ant use

A great solution for a one-man-shop

It just works. It's super-ridiculously reliable. By that I mean, I've used MANY other remote support software solutions over the years, and while this one might not have the perfect clarity of an upscaled resolution, it has yet to fail me on a connection. I deploy them via MSI, occasionally update them from the admin interface, and ... thats it! It just works!

Pros

Compatibility, deployment (MSI package), and customization (can configure the server with addons, that in turn help you configure the client much faster than other solutions I've tried). AUTOMATIC NAME UPDATING. This was HUGE for me! This was the main reason I moved away from GoToAssist. I worked with GoToAssist support multiple times, but they couldn't help me get anything in place to do this....

Cons

Poor screen scaling (when compared to a competitor like TeamViewer), slow multi-monitor (becomes a sluggish because it seems to want to stream all screens at once, even if only one is selected), and ambiguous information as to whether another third party who also uses the software has left theirs installed / potentially could cause exploitation and already causes confusion. Scaling: If I connect to...

This used to be an awesome product for tech support. Now it is just great.

Support staff is always professional. But the way they get information from us and use it as to features on the product and what we like and dislike was really poorly done.

Pros

I *used* to like the "Toolbox" till they broke it. Ability to reboot computer and stay connected. Screen drawing.. but that is bittersweet as the feature was VERY BADLY written. Whomever wrote, clearly did not use it to try and talk someone through something on their computer. The ability to dynamically group computers by client and tags is AMAZING!!! I love that I can code searches for my groups. Ability to rename computers. See how long computers have been off-line The plugin system that allows me to greatly enhance the way I interact with the interface. Ability to create user accounts and control their security. (Still waiting for ability to limit how many connections they use) The fact that I can run it off my own server is AWESOME!

Cons

I used to love that I could use the "Toolbox" to execute my tech tools while working on computers. Just pick it from the list... have it download to C:\SomeFolder and then open that folder and all the tools were there. I could clean viruses, restart the computer, go back and continue. That is no more though. After I bought the software they changed it. Now the tools download to the users "Documents"...

Customer focussed support

I have used most remote support platforms over the years, and overall I find ConnectWise Control to be a solid performer, with backup support that is timely, friendly and professional. There are numerous other features which I have not mentioned here. My advise - give it a try!!

Pros

ConnectWise Control is a fully featured remote support platform that does exactly what it says it will do "Remote Support That Just Works". Being cloud based, it allows support sessions to be started from anywhere that an internet connection exists. I predominantly use Apple platforms, and I find the desktop and mobile applications work seamlessly when supporting Windows clients. I particularly...

Cons

A software agent needs to be installed on machines before support sessions can be established, and while the process is straight-forward, the need for users to click on the installer after it has downloaded is missed by some users. I also find that when switching between my local desktop and the remote desktop, at times the remote machine responses are not as expected. I simply press the command key (Mac) while highlighting the remote machine and this usually overcomes the issue, or disconnect and reconnect the session.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.