All categories

Booker Reviews

Pamela M.

I really like how Booker allows clients to schedule on line and purchase gift certificates. Most clients love the ability to schedule on line.

Michele S.

Booker is easy to set up and very intuitive. The price is good and they have great customer service.

Ella K.

SO finally I'm writing this review and turning them into the fraud division.

penelope t.

When we’re busy with services and clients, it’s a really bad situation that we can’t do anything.

Qin f.

Book It!

Pros

Booker is a godsend for so many salons. It is very user-friendly and they have implemented the use of embedded training videos for all the features; this is a wonderful tool and works very well for people who are visual learners, which most stylists happen to be. For salon managers and owners, Booker offers a variety of tools: time-clock, sales tracking, inventory, tip allocation, expenditures/budgets, etc. Being a web-based software, it's very easy to add a widget or embed a link on your website and/or Facebook page to allow customers to easily schedule themselves for services. In addition, there is a built-in point of sale system that makes it easy to check out clients without needing to switch over to another program and/or system.

Cons

The downside to being a web-based software: if the server is down or there is an issue with the website, you cannot access your calendar or your point of sale system. Booker has been awesome enough to provide a separate website where they allow you to report issues of the system being down and also announcing known issues. Their customer service makes up for this issue.

Using it for our Med Spa

Booker does what we need, support has always been responsive and it is easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use so, easy to train. In the Day Spa industry front desk turnover is frequent so it is nice to be able to quickly show a new gal how to use the system.

Cons

We were previously Salon Iris customers and I am a programmer. With access to the database on that system I could run queries on anything in the database. Booker does not provide access to the SQL database so that is not possible. I do however have all of the reports that I need. Also, it would be nice to have the ability to set access a little more granular. For example, if I give a gal access to look at gift card balances, I will also have given her access to modify gift card balances.

Frustrated user of six years

I’ve been using this software for six years the features seem promising but the reality of them are not easy to use and implement or take too long for customer service. It is not customizable for a large scale salon and that is not what bothers me the most, it’s when you call Support and they have no solutions except we don’t do that. And I mean repeatedly that is what I get from their Support team.

Pros

All the features they supposedly offer.

Cons

No customer support, terrible training, and my staff does not feel like it’s easy to use. It takes forever to track and check people out. The reports are confusing and make no sense and their payroll is not customizable so I still have to outsource and pay more. They seem to be prompt when they’re selling you something to add cost to your service but not when you need help. And their support has no solutions or work around options.

Best Booking system for Salons

Booker handles my salon operations so I can focus on my customers needs

Pros

Cons

There are alot of features which is a good thing but it can take time to train your staff on how to use the software

Just switched BACK to Booker from another booking software

We have been using Booker in my business for years and earlier this year we were convinced by another booking service (the big name in our industry) to switch over. It was one of the worst decisions we have made. After 4 months of giving it our best try and much frustration over the new booking system's lack of features, unhelpful reporting options and staff frustrations, we switched back to Booker and THAT was one of the best decisions we made. Booker is the BEST platform for service based booking and the back end reporting of that kind of business. I do wish their customer service was as good as the other one we tried but it is not nearly as responsive. We are happy to be back though!!

Pros

Ease of scheduling, quick to learn/intuitive platform, broad range of reporting options.

Cons

The customer support could be faster and more helpful. The client end of scheduling could be easier for the client.

Not as promised

Terrible experience so far but what can you expect from an offshoot of MindBody. They are not ready to be a live site. I would definitely not recommend

Pros

Easy to navigate site but that is all I can say

Cons

-poor customer service knowledge. I often have to do their jobs for them over the phone. -Zero functionality on the app outside of booking. Client can not leave reviews, client can not cancel appointments, client can not favorite site. -If client has not entered a phone number in the app(not required) they can book an appointment and calendar confirmation but no appointment gets booked in Booker site. Clients show up with no appointment booked and rightly very angry. I have let booker know about this months ago and still no progress. -App is in US$ and I'm in Canada. -Accidently refunded a client and told it's final but can be reversed in 60 BUSINESS DAYS! -Language is often a barrier with customer support.

Booker is a very useful tool in our Spa

Very pleased. We've been using it since day 1 in our Spa -6 years. Like I said before, really like the add-ons of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], for Marketing; and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], for never missing a call.

Pros

You can be very thorough in booking your appointments. Especially like the details tab where you can add notes for each client & can even scan pages into their account. Can easily see their appointments & past orders. We like the add ons to the software, as well - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Sometimes, when you make a mistake, it's hard to back out of it, especially with payments. You just have to force other transactions to make the outcome that you needed in the first place.

The Best Internal & External Solution

My customers of any age can book an appointment online, any time, day or night. My stylist can easily utilize the system to manage their own schedules, and include notes so the entire team is on the same page. There’s nothing to download and every answer can be found in the Help & Support section. When in doubt, we book ourself an appt and we have an internal lunch n learn and find ways to learn new tips and tricks that we’ve not encountered yet.

Pros

Dashboard Reporting, Website Integration

Cons

Zilch. It’s awesome and the customer service rules!

Great to have

I was able to find an online booking system for clients to book at their convenience

Pros

I like that clients can easily navigate their way through the app. It’s easy for them with the categories they can see each service falls under

Cons

I wish I could add pictures so I can show clients what hairstyles they would be be getting. It’s always nice to have a visual

Most expensive booking system out there

Moved over from another system had big hopes. Crashed several times, reports were a step down then what we had with our previous booking system. Pricing is the highest in the market.

Pros

Has good features for booking, retail inventory and gift certificate sales and accounting.

Cons

Very expensive, glitches, constant price increases. Would gladly pay if The reporting side warranted the price.

New and Improved

Overall, it is a great booking website and it is a very easy system to learn. We recently added a brand login through this company as we are adding additional sites and it has been a very easy process.

Pros

I love that they have created many updates for this software over the last few months. It has been really nice not experiencing any lag or issues with the booking features like we were having just a few months ago. I love that you can choose how far in advance the confirmation emails are sent out and I really love that the clients can confirm the appointment through the email. Another AMAZING tool...

Cons

One thing at the moment that I am not liking about the software is that sometimes the confirmation emails do not send even when the emails box is checked, this also happens when I book re-occurring appointments for an entire year where these clients of all clients should receive all the emails. Another thing that gets frustrating from time to time is that the clients future appointments is not showing...

Booker has been a life changer for me and my Therapeutic Massage Practice.

The ease and functionality for my clients to have my app on their phone for scheduling wherever they are, no matter what time of day or night it is. It's also a reminder for them to schedule when they see my app At a glance! The reminder notifications allows me to focus on servicing my clients instead of scheduling appts, and making confirmations calls every day.

Pros

I love the way Booker works directly with my web page. My clients and potential clients can book right from my web site, purchase gift certificates from the comfort of their homes or offices, and print them or email them right from their computer without having to come to my office. I am often in service with a client and don't have a lot of time to answer or return calls during my work day let alone...

Cons

I have 2 locations and Booker does not have a place to differentiate either location. So when my clients book on line, there is no way of telling them which days I am at one location and which days I am at the other. So when they are looking at my open appts, they don't know which location they are booking for. This kind of takes my 5 star Status and brings it down to a 3 because this causes my clients...

Denise - Thank you for your review and the detail on why it's working so well for you and your clients. We'll share your feedback with the product team and if there's anything we can do to help, contact support@booker.com. We love hearing that you've cut down on cancellations and no shows! You rock! - The Booker Team

Complete Program

I love using Booker because it truly does everything I need it to. Not only is all your customer tracking in one place, I can easily override a schedule, track inventory, check my estheticians clock-in and out times, but all the merchant services and marketing with Frederick is also build in to make it a complete system. If I ever have a question, there are so many way to easily get it answered. Usually...

Pros

Integration of scheduling, merchant services, marketing, reporting. Everything I need in one place to run the business. I don't have to import or export information to run reports or go through multiple programs to send out reminder texts, ring up a client to check out, and check hours worked by employees.

Cons

There are a few things that the system just doesn't do intelligently where I have to override certain scheduling rules (Example: if an appointment was scheduled in room 2 with one girl, and i want to change it to another girl, it will not automatically switch it to room one. It will just say it isn't available.) So I have to go through round-about ways to override it to get it done, but those are just nit-picking.

Thank you for your detailed feedback Lindsey. We appreciate it and are so happy that Booker is working well for you and your business. You rock! Thank you for using Booker! - The Booker Team

Gregory O - Superb Customer Service Experience

I want to sincerely thank Booker for the excellent service provided by Gregory O, during several recent requests we made; He has gone above and beyond, even supplying me with a level of data and assistance I was previously told would not be possible to get. He did it in an extremely expeditious and efficient manner and again affirms our confidence that Booker is the leading platform in our industry. Thanks again for providing such a great business tool and we look forward to using booker for many years to come.

Pros

The "all in one nature" of the platform but also the ability to have an online store that links to our actual inventory and pricing levels in real time. The confirmation email for appointments are a great asset to in terms of revenue loss prevention and saves time for our staff, not to mention our clients love the convenience. The pre-authorization of credit cards is a great function again for loss prevention.

Cons

1, There have been times recently were the downtime or stability (slowness) of the platform has not been acceptable. 2, The ip lock function only works with v4 ip addresses (most ISP's are now using v6's rendering the function useless unless you pay extra for static IP's.

Tom - thank you for the great review and feedback on how we can improve Booker. I'll be sure to pass this along to our product team. Thanks! - Jason

Keeping everyone on the same page

The survey section is really helpful to hear from clients on what we can add or change to make their experience the best it can be. The flexibility of having booker app on our phone lets us have everything we need at all times.

Pros

Booker is so great. Everyone of my staff has their own logins to look at their schedules at any time. My accounting department (that is in a different building) has access to check balances....my HR department can also access it to do payroll....making it easy for us all to stay on the same page of the business. At any time my GM can look at the dash board to see where we stand any any given time...

Cons

I wish we could add specials or notes to certain days...their really isn’t any place for that. We end up putting notes in someone’s schedule so it shows up on the day...it works but not ideal.

Could not do without it

The pro's definitely outweigh whatever problems or frustrations I have with Booker, so I'm overall a happy customer and will continue working with them. I honestly could not do without this software and look forward to them making more improvements to make it an even better products.

Pros

I appreciate that my clients can book online and purchase gift certificates when I'm too busy to answer the phone. It's also super easy checking out clients, but best of all is that I'm able to manage our calendar for both therapists and clients, and reschedule with ease. I love that I am also able to track client history and their progress. As we get busier and our client base grows, it can become more challenging to manage paper files and this has helped us cut down on paperwork, thank goodness!

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve with Booker and there have been times when I've been unsure of how to do something, and have had to contact their support team. One of the glitches that annoys me, is that when I add a new staff member, it adds or populates their name in the calendar even before their official start date! It can be confusing. The same happens when I terminate a staff member or switch them to 'inactive' - then their name and client appointmentss that day, all disappear from view. This is probably one of the more frustrating things for me. I also wish I could do a bit of my own customization like removing things from a drop down table that do not able to me.

Talk to Technicians, not just salesmen

Overall, interacting with several people there were only two I had significant issues with. Their customer service is helpful if only slightly fragmented. My companies stake holders were not impressed by the service and went elsewhere. However, I still would recommend at least investigating their services to assist your company.

Pros

Salesmen are very attentive, attempt to find questions to any answers and are quick to return calls. Software is very clean and easy to use as long as you stay within their realm of "basics".

Cons

Unfortunately, if you have any type of development background this software will not allow you to utilize it unless you upgrade to the API. Prior to purchase we were told we would have Full Access to all features and everything was 100% customize-able. However, there are areas of customization you still need to have a "Super User" (call in to tech support + talk to a manager) to change. Example: Accepting...

Dear Desiree, Thank you for your feedback and thoughts. Booker partners with a number of the largest payment vendors to offer our customers a variety of highly secure options. We're sorry to hear that there wasn't an option that you felt worked for your business. We'd love to discuss your feedback on the API access and other specifics if you have time. Thank you for using Booker and for your feedback. Best, The Booker Team

Booker Review

We love Booker here at our spa. I love the features we use for creating yoga classes and memberships as well. It's very easy to use in that aspect. Scheduling appointments is a breeze and checking customers out couldn't be easier. I do wish there was a way to put notes onto gift card codes or under a customer's name so that if there is any confusion with an order or if someone gave their gift...

Pros

The ease of scheduling. It is simple to teach new people and services just pop up when you start typing them. I like that.

Cons

Sometimes the system can be a little bit slow. It is truly only difficult when there are lots of people waiting on you.

Thank you for your excellent feedback Emily. We're thrilled that using Booker is working so well for your business. You can use the Document Storage feature to save information on clients as you mentioned in your review. If you have questions, please contact support@booker.com. Thank you for using Booker! - The Booker Team

So far - so good!

I've worked with the Booker system for 8 months now, and I've definitely enjoyed my experiences with it. We receive near live updates whenever there is an issue with the system - instead of being left to guess, as with other Spa software systems. I've found it to be clean, well designed, aesthetically pleasing, simple to understand, and full of hidden abilities that I have found to be extremely helpful in the management of our organization. Although there are a few capabilities I wish it could offer, Booker is genius at what it does already.

Pros

- Ease of use - Mobile application - Partnership with Frederick - Easy to book online - Aesthetically pleasing - Easy access to customer service (with real people!)

Cons

There are certain limitations to the software that I don't quite endorse, and would love to have more accessibility to customize the features inherent in the system. For instance, we would love to be able to format, on our own, the infrastructure of the Administrator, Reservationist, and Staff roles to allow for certain levels of access to information. Although we have found a way to "Macguyver" the...

overall has been good, sometimes tough to get questions answered or get a CSR

Easy on line booking, easy pos, easy scheduling,

Pros

I like how easy it is for people to book appointments, how it keeps track of room usage, payroll and other functions. Great that is can be used on smartphones for booking appointments on the fly, notifications via text and email!

Cons

System slow downs have been awful the last few months, we have had intermittent notification glitches (ie people not getting notified of appointments), problems with people thinking they booked appointments but for some reason it didn't go through this needs to be better - customers are unaware that it didn't go through because of missing information on their end - a tiny red star doesn't really...

Thank you for using Booker and for your thoughtful feedback. We've put a lot of effort into helping the system run faster with greater stability so hopefully you're seeing those improvements. Happy to hear that it's working so well for you overall! - The Booker Team

sub par. Booker is always breaking on the busiest days, unreliable.

Pros

Booker does help us with booking appointments. Our clients really enjoy online booking, however i saw there is going to be an update in the next week. I will be curious to see how quickly they ruin what already works...

Cons

something is always wrong with the software. dropping credit cards, dropping appointments. they took away simple features and moved them to its new Frederick site. as a long time customer, we felt this move was unprofessional. you have to pay so much extra for something as simple as text or appointment reminders. (a feature that used to be FREE). the busiest Fridays, they will do site maintenance and you will be very embarrassed in front of your clients. happens way too much.

Crystal - Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave a review for Booker! We're so happy to hear that your clients enjoy our online booking features. We also want to thank you for providing constructive feedback on certain features that you feel are not working up to your standards. I will relay this information to our product development team so they are aware of the issues you are experiencing. We truly value your feedback and your business. Stay tuned for future updates - we're always evolving the product. Thank you! - The Booker Team

Best Available Cloud based integrated POS & Booking system

So there is no perfect product, including Booker, BUT... We've run our beauty business for 8 years now using a variety of non-integrated systems including A****Quest and Intuit POS. About 2 years ago, we became very frustrated with horrible customer support from our current solutions—they literally did not have a phone number to reach a real person in any circumstance. The role Booker would play...

Pros

Smart, friendly people in customer support that live in NYC or SoCal. They really know their stuff and try hard to help you. And they don't speak English as a 3rd language or live in Bangladesh! Well thought out, elegant interface.

Cons

Booker needs to hire more/task more programmers to fix glitches in the system—fixes trickle in, but far more slowly than other SaaS providers in other industries. Feels like they are resting on their laurels with features—slow to fix or add features

Frustrating and inconsistent

The ability to serve multiple locations and the ability to book appointments and sell retail simultaneously.

Pros

I like the fact that Booker can be used for multiple locations and is helpful with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly statistics. I can use the data to determine what I need to do differently regarding sales, promotions, etc. I can also use the data to determine what services, promotions, etc. are going well and should definitely be continued.

Cons

The customer support is lacking. It has been so frustrating to speak to so many different reps. The notes they take and calls they log has been very inconsistent, making follow-through to a resolution impossible. Even when issues have been pushed through to technical support or the development team, we have gotten little to no helpful feedback. I feel the software could use some updating to improve...

Booker keeps my life together!

I have been using Booker for several years now. I use it not only to run my business but to manage my life! I don't have employees, so Booker acts as my receptionist by sending confirmation/reminder emails and texts, Happy Birthdays, etc. I love that a little cupcake is displayed next to a client's name on the schedule when their birthday is near so I can remember to ask about their plans and make them feel special. This kind of thing makes clients want to keep coming back! Love the app as well as a quick reference. Customer service is rapid and always more than helpful. With a few more modifications and minor improvements, I would rate this company 5 stars! Thanks, Booker!

Pros

Almost everything.

Cons

There are a few bugs that still need to be worked out, especially with the app. Sometimes I have to cancel an appointment instead of just adjusting it, and then the client gets confused about the cancellation email. Also, I'm confused about the referral program. I recently referred a friend and she signed up. I have heard nothing back about it.

Thank you so much Sara for your feedback and for using Booker. We're so glad that it's working for you! We'll be in touch about the referral issue, or contact support@booker.com if we can help out. You rock! - The Booker Team

Great Technology for Salons that want to scale and grow

Pros

Online Booking. Flexibility with using Rooms vs. Employees. Reporting. Ability to manage all aspects of clients and employee data.

Cons

There's a lack of Sales Funnel Integration with Frederick i.e. There is so much data that is in Booker/Frederick, that should allow us to create customized sales funnels in order to remarket and market to our existing clients. Frederick is limited into the emails sent, and there should be more control/flexiblity given to the owner. Currently, i'm using Clickfunnels and other email software to...