Booker Logo

Suggested alternatives

vagaro
mindbody
boulevard

I really like how Booker allows clients to schedule on line and purchase gift certificates. Most clients love the ability to schedule on line.
It's also super easy checking out clients, but best of all is that I'm able to manage our calendar for both therapists and clients, and reschedule with ease.
Booker is easy to set up and very intuitive. The price is good and they have great customer service.
Only pain and anguish and wasted money. I can't even get the reps to respond to my emails about a refund.
It takes forever to track and check people out. The reports are confusing and make no sense and their payroll is not customizable so I still have to outsource and pay more.
SO finally I'm writing this review and turning them into the fraud division.

Marissa G.

owner

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

I wish there was something better out there.

Transcript

Marissa G.: Hi, I'm Marissa and I'm a business owner and I give Booker on a scale of one to five, a three....

Janet O.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Get booked!

After using for over a year, I have grown accustomed to this software and probably will stay with it in the foreseeable future!

Pros

After using several booking software, this has been my go-to and preferred booking method for my cosmetic business. Sales tracking and inventory management are easy to monitor. The included POS system is easy to use as well and has been convenient!

Cons

Calendar compatibility is a con, however, I enjoy manually tracking within the software.

MS

Michele S.

Great business partner

Pros

Cons

It can be difficult to maneuver around in the settings.

BB

Brandy B.

Do Not be Swindled by Booker

Bookers sales team worked really hard to sell me on a contract and once it was signed the truth slowly came out. The features that I was promised do not work properly and the over all design & functionality of the software are outdated and slow.

Pros

The software keeps up with what rooms a service can be performed in as well as items that may be needed to complete a service, and that are available in limited quantity. They also recently came out with an AI receptionist feature for online booking. Which is why I switched over to them however non of the features work very well and with the credit card processing regularly not working I regret switching. They also flat out lied about the functionality of Booker to get me to sign a contract.

Cons

Their sales team is awesome but once you sign your contract, the customer service is garbage they do not care about you or the issues the software has and it is very apparent. Credit card processing is arguably, the most important aspect of any business and there’s is not working properly. It hasn’t been for years apparently, and they do nothing to fix it.

SM

Sharmila M.

Booker review

I hated them and will never go back. Absolutely negligent business practices by their vendor companies.

Pros

When I first signed with Booker, I liked the merchant services fees were better than Mindbody Online. Also, I liked that I locked in a significantly cheaper monthly rate as opposed to Mindbody.

Cons

The automatic emails at the time, could not be turned off. It didn't work with my type of business. Also, I hated the company that handled their merchant services. They put my account on hold after trying to cancel their services. A ridiculous customer service representative froze my account so then no deposits could go through affecting my payroll. No one told me that canceling my services with Booker would affect the merchant services or my ability to receive deposits. Absolute jerks.

TM

Tabetha M.

So easy my 10 year old brother could use it

Pros

The features make sense, and I've noticed as Booker is updating and adapting it just gets better.

Cons

Although the updates are helping, it's just constant. Some of the updates don't really feel needed (like adding on upgrades during services. I liked the options just popping up. Now I have to do an extra step to add it.)

Abhishek S.

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Decent platform for business management and booking appointments!

I found it an average platform for providing a decent appointment scheduling service to our customers.

Pros

Convenient to use and make online appointments. Integration is easy and its mobile application is also very user-friendly. Its loyalty point feature is also very useful in attracting customers.

Cons

Interface can be improved. Very frustrating to use due to its frequent down-time. Additional features of adding samples or images can be an added advantage.

Brittany S.

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

Gets the job done, but can glitch frequently.

Overall Booker was easy to learn, pretty user friendly, and helped us streamline schedules for multiple providers at once which I believe impacted overall experience guests had at the spa.

Pros

I liked the ease of integrating new specials or services we were offering. It was generally easy to navigate and was also integrated with our website which was convenient and allowed guests to easily book online.

Cons

At the time I was using Booker, I experienced many times where the program would freeze out would have really slow load times which made it difficult during high volume times at the spa.

Capri S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Booking appointments with a few clicks!

Easy to use, easy to book, easy to look at past and future bookings!

Pros

Excellent for booking appointments for guests. Easy to pull up upcoming and past bookings with names and dates.

Cons

This is a wonderful program that hasn't failed us yet. We have our employees using this program with no issues at all.

Layleth M.

11-50 employees

Fantastic experience, the software is amazing, Its very user friendly

The sofware helped our business in a great way, it has helped us expand our business that are great for small studios.

Pros

the system has amazing features and reports that make running your business very easy because you have inmiate access to your information and database.

Cons

It's a little bit hard to get the reports and see the customers previous payments and visits, but once you get the software it is easy.

Paul B.

Information Technology and Services,

Great App

We have been using Booker for two and a half years now and we are extremely satisfied with the product. This is a full featured system that supports managing appointments, point of sale, gift card sales and the use of series or memberships. The system tracks employee pay reasonably well. It also provides a fair number of reports to help manage the business. This is so much better than having to track appointments in one place and handling payment in another system. One customer database supports the entire business.

Pros

Being one fully integrated system is fantastic. Online booking and instant gift certificates are terrific features. We also enjoy being able to define specials that can easily be applied. I have found the customer service people to be very helpful.

Cons

Booker still struggles with the bugs in their releases, although things have improved greatly in the last couple of releases. The product would benefit from an ad hoc reporting tool to enable customers to define their own reports.

VR

Valerie R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Look elsewhere for scheduling & business software

disappointed

Pros

can access schedule from mobile devices || clients can book appointments via web link

Cons

unreliable , inconsistent, lack of ownership when software not working, lack of ownership when they add services to our list that we don't offer, no report is accurate

KP

Kristen P.

Decent but not great

I like using Booker for its ease of use. It can get confusing since there are multiple ways to do the same task, though. However, with different learning styles, it is a pretty easy system to teach to people. It is very beneficial as well to allow all therapists to be able to check schedules from home. Our clients like the email and text appointment reminders. We also like the hire Frederick program....

Pros

Ease of use can be accessed remotely by all therapists, no additional cost per therapist for use, HireFrederick program

Cons

Online booking inconsistency with picking a therapist and it not being a request vs no preference and still having to choose a therapist. Glitchiness! Slowness! Taking payment in advance opens time slot for others to book in. Feeling stuck with their credit card processing or high fees to use another one with better rates

Thank you for using Booker Kristin. We'd love to work with you to help with any issues you're having with using the system - reach out to support@booker.com if we can help! Thank you so much for using Booker! - The Booker Team

DJ

Denise J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Booker has been a life changer for me and my Therapeutic Massage Practice.

The ease and functionality for my clients to have my app on their phone for scheduling wherever they are, no matter what time of day or night it is. It's also a reminder for them to schedule when they see my app At a glance! The reminder notifications allows me to focus on servicing my clients instead of scheduling appts, and making confirmations calls every day.

Pros

I love the way Booker works directly with my web page. My clients and potential clients can book right from my web site, purchase gift certificates from the comfort of their homes or offices, and print them or email them right from their computer without having to come to my office. I am often in service with a client and don't have a lot of time to answer or return calls during my work day let alone...

Cons

I have 2 locations and Booker does not have a place to differentiate either location. So when my clients book on line, there is no way of telling them which days I am at one location and which days I am at the other. So when they are looking at my open appts, they don't know which location they are booking for. This kind of takes my 5 star Status and brings it down to a 3 because this causes my clients...

Denise - Thank you for your review and the detail on why it's working so well for you and your clients. We'll share your feedback with the product team and if there's anything we can do to help, contact support@booker.com. We love hearing that you've cut down on cancellations and no shows! You rock! - The Booker Team

BM

Brad M.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

I used to love Booker, but fixes and updates come slowly and customer service is terrible!

Booker is a robust solution for online scheduling and taking payments too. In theory, Booker will save you loads of time since customers schedule and manage their own appointments. In reality, we spend too much time on the phone with Booker trying to work out quirks.

Pros

Admin backend is solid and reliable. Lots of options to customize. Too many at times since finding just the right setting can take 15-20 minutes or require a phone call to customer service.

Cons

Customer front end is weak and confusing. Booker does not allow certain booking options (CF2) to be used in iFrames. This forces you to send customers to a 3rd party website (not yours) to make appointments. Fixes and feature requests come slowly if at all. If you are interested in using Booker be sure you know what you are getting into before you commit. It is very difficult to get 100, 500, or...

AP

Anna P.

Used other for 2+ years

Booker? ARE YOU KIDDING?

This company is a joke. They may have tried to put together a Salon software, which has some good qualities and bad, but, the company has ruined their name and a host of other businesses because of their lack of understanding how their software has a direct effect and how they manage their software on a day to day basis. They are completely horrific! We continually try to deal with the issues, (Booker...

Cons

Dear Anna, We take our role in your business very seriously. We've invested significantly in improving our servers so this won't happen again in the future. This investment of engineering resources and updated equipment has resulted in greater stability and faster speed, and we intend to continue the improvements. We'd love to discuss this further with you if you have time. We thank you for using Booker and for your feedback. Thank you, The Booker Team

CW

Connie W.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Keeping everyone on the same page

The survey section is really helpful to hear from clients on what we can add or change to make their experience the best it can be. The flexibility of having booker app on our phone lets us have everything we need at all times.

Pros

Booker is so great. Everyone of my staff has their own logins to look at their schedules at any time. My accounting department (that is in a different building) has access to check balances....my HR department can also access it to do payroll....making it easy for us all to stay on the same page of the business. At any time my GM can look at the dash board to see where we stand any any given time...

Cons

I wish we could add specials or notes to certain days...their really isn’t any place for that. We end up putting notes in someone’s schedule so it shows up on the day...it works but not ideal.

AA

Amy A.

Please do not choose Booker

Booker has features that real you in but the functionality is antiquated, the "exceptional" customer service is non-existant once you have signed a contract and the features promised in the demo are not all delivered. I consistently get the answer that they are sorry but that feature is not part of the package you purchased - even though my sales rep assured me that it was when I asked him about it...

Pros

Ability to create series

Cons

The company is not upfront or honest. The software is antiquated. It is way overpriced for what you get. Ease of use is not there - it takes multiple steps to complete simple basic tasks. Customer service is not only lacking, they are often rude and incorporate good cop/bad cop techniques to blur the fact that they do not intend to fix your problems at all.

Amy, We're very sorry that your experience with Booker has not been optimal. We'd love to chat and help you work through these issues if possible. Please contact support@booker.com. Thank you, - The Booker Team

EJ

Eric J.

11-50 employees

Used to be good, now stinks

It works, but I need decent customer service.

Pros

Booker works fairly well most of the time, but there are occasional glitches and every once in a while the system will crash, but that seems to have gotten better in time. User friendly and fairly intuitive

Cons

Booker's customer service has gone to waste. It used to be good. You could get someone on the phone who knew what they were doing and they'd solve your problems. A while back they started using a call center in god knows what country and they STINK! It's become impossible to get a hold of anyone who can solve problems. They don't respond to emails, or if they do, it's just an automated response that doesn't really address the issue.

Hi Eric- We are sorry that our customer service didn't meet your expectations. We have invested a lot over the years to add more and more self serve options so that customers can get the help they need without necessarily having to speak to someone over the phone. Overall less than 20% of our customers find it necessary to call into our Customer Service team as most are finding their answers through...

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Poor Customer Service

Pros

It did give you a tracking method for services & products sold. It generated a monthly sales tax report

Cons

Booker charged us a "marketing" fee for months on end. Apparently the marketing product was not what we were sold - that is the ability to generate marketing campaigns to a specific demographics. Instead, it was an "automatic discount" offered to patients that motivated them to wait for follow up services so that they got them for a deeply discounted fee. Booker took credit for selling these services...

TR

Tom R.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Gregory O - Superb Customer Service Experience

I want to sincerely thank Booker for the excellent service provided by Gregory O, during several recent requests we made; He has gone above and beyond, even supplying me with a level of data and assistance I was previously told would not be possible to get. He did it in an extremely expeditious and efficient manner and again affirms our confidence that Booker is the leading platform in our industry. Thanks again for providing such a great business tool and we look forward to using booker for many years to come.

Pros

The "all in one nature" of the platform but also the ability to have an online store that links to our actual inventory and pricing levels in real time. The confirmation email for appointments are a great asset to in terms of revenue loss prevention and saves time for our staff, not to mention our clients love the convenience. The pre-authorization of credit cards is a great function again for loss prevention.

Cons

1, There have been times recently were the downtime or stability (slowness) of the platform has not been acceptable. 2, The ip lock function only works with v4 ip addresses (most ISP's are now using v6's rendering the function useless unless you pay extra for static IP's.

Tom - thank you for the great review and feedback on how we can improve Booker. I'll be sure to pass this along to our product team. Thanks! - Jason

EC

Emily C.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Booker Review

We love Booker here at our spa. I love the features we use for creating yoga classes and memberships as well. It's very easy to use in that aspect. Scheduling appointments is a breeze and checking customers out couldn't be easier. I do wish there was a way to put notes onto gift card codes or under a customer's name so that if there is any confusion with an order or if someone gave their gift...

Pros

The ease of scheduling. It is simple to teach new people and services just pop up when you start typing them. I like that.

Cons

Sometimes the system can be a little bit slow. It is truly only difficult when there are lots of people waiting on you.

Thank you for your excellent feedback Emily. We're thrilled that using Booker is working so well for your business. You can use the Document Storage feature to save information on clients as you mentioned in your review. If you have questions, please contact support@booker.com. Thank you for using Booker! - The Booker Team

LL

Lori L.

Frustrating and inconsistent

The ability to serve multiple locations and the ability to book appointments and sell retail simultaneously.

Pros

I like the fact that Booker can be used for multiple locations and is helpful with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly statistics. I can use the data to determine what I need to do differently regarding sales, promotions, etc. I can also use the data to determine what services, promotions, etc. are going well and should definitely be continued.

Cons

The customer support is lacking. It has been so frustrating to speak to so many different reps. The notes they take and calls they log has been very inconsistent, making follow-through to a resolution impossible. Even when issues have been pushed through to technical support or the development team, we have gotten little to no helpful feedback. I feel the software could use some updating to improve...

DP

Darryll P.

Great for a very simple business but membership tracking and online booking is lacking

Pros

The interface is fairly simple and calendar driven. Automated credit card processing expecially for memberships is lacking.

Cons

Reporting is primitive. You often have to run and grab data from multiple reports to do simple things like get payroll/commission data. Many reports can't be printed without being chopped up into multiple pieces of paper. Membership tracking and the resetting of benefits isn't automated unless services match payments in a very structured way. Online booking is available and they give you two options. One option is too small to see on mobile and the other option requires registration which causes new clients to bounce off at a high rate. Booker is an old architecture with a front end web interface bolted on to make it look like a cloud option but the hybrid nature is quirky.

Hi Darryll - Thank you for taking the time to review Booker. I have taken note of the issues you have been experiencing with membership tracking and reporting and will be sure to bring this up to our product development team. Again, we truly value your feedback and your business. Stay tuned for future updates - we're always evolving the product. Thank you! - The Booker Team

SG

Sara G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Booker keeps my life together!

I have been using Booker for several years now. I use it not only to run my business but to manage my life! I don't have employees, so Booker acts as my receptionist by sending confirmation/reminder emails and texts, Happy Birthdays, etc. I love that a little cupcake is displayed next to a client's name on the schedule when their birthday is near so I can remember to ask about their plans and make them feel special. This kind of thing makes clients want to keep coming back! Love the app as well as a quick reference. Customer service is rapid and always more than helpful. With a few more modifications and minor improvements, I would rate this company 5 stars! Thanks, Booker!

Pros

Almost everything.

Cons

There are a few bugs that still need to be worked out, especially with the app. Sometimes I have to cancel an appointment instead of just adjusting it, and then the client gets confused about the cancellation email. Also, I'm confused about the referral program. I recently referred a friend and she signed up. I have heard nothing back about it.

Thank you so much Sara for your feedback and for using Booker. We're so glad that it's working for you! We'll be in touch about the referral issue, or contact support@booker.com if we can help out. You rock! - The Booker Team

WR

Wendy R.

I use the Booker software for my massage therapy business.

I used to always use a Daytimer and have to write appointments in. As my business has grown and I now have other therapists that work with me Booker is a much easier way for us all to be able to view everyone's work schedule for the day/week/month.

Pros

I love availability of the software via computer or mobile devices. It allows all of us to set our schedules and everyone can view what the calendar of appointments looks like. It is also nice to be able to block time out when needed. The ease of scheduling and taking payment allows us to utilize our customer service skills with our clients. Our clients love the fact that they are able to receive reminders via text or email. This in turn saves us time by not having to call them the day before their appointment. It is also nice that they can book appointments online. Monthly reporting is a huge help when it comes to tax time! The marketing feature through Fredrick is also very helpful!

Cons

There are a few features that we are unable to do via our mobile device versus through the computer.