TeamViewer Logo

TeamViewer

Remote support, remote access & online meetings software

TeamViewer Reviews

User ratings

4.6

10.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.82/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The VPN feature is amazing i use it with usb redirector and it works great i can control the computer and the usb eith the vpn and usb director yogether i love that feature.

JS

John S.

It helps on easy to use interface with a powerful remote features. Its fast and easy to navigate through the interface with a quick support to desktop, which is amazing.

JN

James N.

The easy to use application is so simple to learn and navigate. The ability to tackle projects even when your not physically at the office is fantastic.

AM

ALI M.

Occasionally there are errors, we get bumped from a server, or we have to restart a machine locally to re-connect -- but those issues are few & fear between. This is an issue maybe ~2% of the time.

I tried to cancel last year just be told it was done incorrectly (wasn’t processed by them) not that they admitted this. I was forced to pay a credit agency with the threat of penalties.

JM

Jason M.

Sometimes it gets a little unstable, but I think the problem is more on the internet than on the program itself.

Td

Thayse de Cassia Xavier da S.

TeamViewer users...

VNC Connect

GoTo Meeting-logocaret
+ 13

GoTo Meeting

Pro-logocaret
+ 13

Pro

How would you rate TeamViewer?

10,280 reviews

HE

Harlan E.

Director

Construction, 1-10 employees

Give Support , Get support

Transcript

Harlan E.: My name is Harlan. I'm a director of operations and I give Teamviewer five stars. And for...

Teamviewer is awesomesauce

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Greg. I'm a Systems Administrator. I would rate TeamViewer a five out of five...

It offers a user-friendly remote login capability

Service and support duties may be carried out remotely without having to physically visit the customer. All you need is the data for the host you wish to access in order to use the interface.

Pros

TeamViewer is one of my favorite tools since it makes it possible to remotely operate computers even when you are miles away from your workplace or home computer. Use it to remotely access other computers to help diagnose and fix problems.

Cons

TeamViewer's connection issues are one of its most glaring flaws. I had a lot of trouble connecting with a client when my screen was frozen, and the client would say things like, "Please fix this problem; I'm watching what you're doing and will warn you if you do anything wrong."

Must have for team collaborations

Using TeamViewer has saved me so much time, I no longer need to run over to an employees machine when there is a problem, I can simply connect to their device wi9thTeamViewer and see the problem. I'd estimate that it's also saved my business a lot of money, enabling our engineers to remote into machines when they are at home for critical issues, without the need to come into the office. I'd recommend it to anyone, any day.

Pros

The best thing about TeamViewer is it's simplicity. I can open it up, type in the ID and password for my colleagues device, and be connected to their device instantly. There is no messing about with technical configurations, TeamViewer makes connecting one device to another extremely simple, and I love it.

Cons

There isn't much that I dislike about the software, the only issue I could say is that the updates are infrequent, but it's not a big issue since the software has most features you could ever want already.

Great software, but not worth the cost

horrible experience. Getting in your car and driving to the other computer is faster and better than using this app.

Pros

We had been using the software for free for nearly a decade until they cancelled our services due to an unknown arbitrary reason. We tried reaching out to support and sent in all supporting documents but always received a boilerplate response and could never get a response from a real person

Cons

Support is non existent. All responses are automated.

Really helpful remote troubleshooting and collaborating tool for work from home startups

If someone want to make their collaboration seamless without having to take only video calls and explain everything in one go then this tool is is best choice. You can collaborate and take control of your team's desktop or system while recording every step followed while troubleshooting.

Pros

I have been connected to teamviewer since 8 months, whenever I need help in troubleshooting a project for my team I just have them share their screen take control of everything and its done in no time. Its really reduce time of making things done while working remotely. I also liked the way of collaboration happened via teamviewer, I can be able to share any type of files while live chatting or doing any call. Its easy to setup and use in any type of team.

Cons

After updating to newer version of teamviewer, cursor from other desktop have been hidden and that's make trouble if client want to show something using their cursor. Also its pricing is not justifiable for me as its basic plan is comparably higher than other solutions.

Tando's TeamViewer Review

TeamViewer has been a very exquisite digital platform experience, not even oneday have I tried an alternative software to do what this software has done for me I learnt a lot and I've worked with different people from different places I wouldn't even imagine of going but through this software that was made possible and a lot of opportunities have been seized I thank the developers for implementing this one

Pros

It allows viewers to connect with a wide variety of endpoints, They are cheap and have a wide range of pricing depending on their customers they also have a free trial and plan They are Web Based, On premises, Mobile device4

Cons

The internet lags but thats just based on my internet connection. The price can be too steep for a small business There is a learning curve eve for none users to learn the system It allows voogle to access information about you from your profile that sounds risky to me given the fact that its remotely controlled

Imprescindible para Soporte

Es la mejor herramienta existente en el mercado para trabajar con escritorios remotos y transmisión de archivos. No imagino el soporte técnico de otro modo. TeamViewer es escencial.

Pros

La capacidad de poder controlar equipos remotos, estabilidad y distintas herramientas para proporcionar soporte remoto a otros equipos.

Cons

Se necesitan conocimientos previos, capacitación y una comunicación con el host para que proporciones sus claves de acceso.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

An impressive all-in-one

TeamViewer is spectacular, it won't let you down in any section, and it has all kinds of functions, even if you don't work with software for sure you find TeamViewer very useful and few platforms have it. It is a 10/10 product, highly recommended.

Pros

TeamViewer is pure quality, it has many options of all kinds, it shines in remote work, but not only that, it has a great file transfer system that works with great speed, calls, and video calls are perhaps not the best there are but they are very functional. Security is very good with great double code verification for remote access, plus the remotes are simple and intuitive to use. The interface is fine, simple, and useful, plus you earn points for having a great web version. In conclusion, TeamViewer is a program of the highest quality.

Cons

I have not had any problems regarding TeamViewer functionalities, maybe the only bad thing is the image quality when accessing remotely.

Best free cross-platform compatible remote desktop tool

Managing my local headless servers and remote machines have become very convenient with TeamViewer.

Pros

It supports a wide range of operating systems. The speed and latency are excellent for machines near my location. The frame rate is acceptable for videos and games.

Cons

It seems that newer versions are not completely compatible with older versions. Also, sometimes there are issues when connecting to headless host systems.

TeamViewer review

Pros

Unattended access of PC with password, Get notification when registered PC is on.

Cons

Nothing specially, all things are in good place.

Excellent tool for user support, but a bit expensive.

Pros

TeamViewer is an excellent tool to support users remotely. It allows you to have total control of the equipment from anywhere in the world, working efficiently and streamlining communication between you and the user. It has an easy and intuitive interface, which allows the user to use it efficiently from the first time.

Cons

TeamViewer is very inefficient on low-speed Internet connections, which is why sometimes users prefer to use similar free tools like AnyDesk. In addition, the cost of acquiring the product is often a barrier to entry for users or companies that wish to expand its use.

Its very helpful and amazing to use

For me it's TeamViewer. I find it much better than Skype for video conferencing. With TeamViewer many people can join in very easily with a access key provided to everyone. Another good feature is that you can control one computer from another so presentations, documents, etc could be edited by a bunch of editors online as they speak, discuss and edit. If you have a question or need clarification/suggestion, leave it in the comments or message me!

Pros

So many great comments here. For me, I started coding emails, testing in several clients to make sure things didn’t break. Then I was given opportunity to be a PHP developer in the same company. I learned on the job but no one ever taught me about security. Soon, that company folded. When trying to get another PHP job nobody would hire me because of my lack of security knowledge. Then I was hired...

Cons

I did it that way, but that was some 45+ years ago. I quit college and never got a degree. It was a difficult path then, and more difficult now. But if you have no other choice then it is the path you will take. If you love programming, then you are (and always will be) a programmer. You will need to have all the answers ahead of everyone else. That means when a new language (like Julia) comes out, you will download it and spend nights programming with it. So that when someone in the office mentions Julia, You whip out your laptop and show them the advantages and disadvantages. It is a lot of time and dedication. But even if you get a degree, you would need to spend that time anyway to become one of the best.

A simple tool to instantly connect with your team

TeamViewer is a beautiful tool to work as a team, provided you consider safety tips.

Pros

1. You need to share your username and code safely with another person, and that person can instantly connect to your device screen. The fact that it works immediately is the most significant plus point. It is as easy as one-two-three: three simple steps. 2. Both users can work on the same screen with their mouse control. It can be used for training, troubleshooting, or collaboration. 3. It is safe...

Cons

1. There is no method available to communicate with other users. You may have to talk over the phone or chat to say something. 2. It may be unsafe to provide control of your computer to unknown persons. They may steal your information without you realizing it. 3. When the internet is slow or erratic, the tool behaves irrationally, and all team members may get a terrible experience, lags, delays, etc. 4. It may be pretty unsafe to provide unattended access to strangers. 5. Many advanced features are payment-based.

TeamViewer, my goto program for remote support

I'm using TeamViewer since many years. Usually to help family with PC problems. TeamViewer always worked without any issues and provided smooth way to work on the actual problem. I would highly recommend it for such purposes. I also like the fact that it's multiplatform, so I can use my Linux PC to connect with Windows.

Pros

I'm using TeamViewer to help my friends and family with their PCs. One of the biggest advantages of TeamViewer are very easy installation (or you can even run it without installing) and configuration. Other softwares that I've used (Radmin, TightVNC) require port forwarding, which is usually beyond regular user technical knowledge. TeamViewer works without this extra hassle. Additionaly there is bunch...

Cons

I cannot think of any real downside of the TeamViewer other than its pricing for commercial use. I was planning to use it for remote control of the PCs in the small company (family business, 4 PCs to control), but I really cannot justify paying so much for this. Therefore I am using other software with less functionality, but much cheaper.

Troubleshooting get Easier for Remote Areas

Experience with team viewer was over all good and helps very much for remote support and specially during the lock down but the main issue i have to face is that user have to install it. in the organization structure, admin rights are not provided so it creates a big trouble. also during the remote session it lags which is the major defect for a technical to work with it as he have to wait after every move of cursor and click to avoid the mistakes and blunders. Chat and video calling options are great also the request of control is the key feature. File transfer is slow so it is better to use alternate ways like cloud storage.

Pros

Team Viewer is a good software for IT persons as well as other users who have to connect with other colleagues or users remotely. This software is mostly use by IT person to provide support to other users who are connected remotely and specially in the scenario of lock down as at that situation you have only option to connect remotely and team viewer helps a lot to get the session and help them out. You can preform chat and video call too through team viewer which help in communicating . Files transfer option is also available.

Cons

You have to install the software first then you can use it, if the user is on remote side and they do not have admin rights which is not recommended too then you are not able to get the access. It lags too much which cause so much difficulty and due to this lagging chance of mistakes are higher and mostly you have to revert the changes, moreover users are not much technical or knowledgeable normally due to which technical guys face a lot of issues. Files transfer rate is too slow that you have to go on other options.

A solid, but expensive, remote control tool for supporting clients

TeamViewer was a great solution that allowed us to easily provide support services to our customers. However, the constant need to upgrade, the inability for older versions to talk to newer versions, and the business practices of selling perpetual licenses one day and forcing people into a subscription model the next is not reassuring.

Pros

When we chose TeamViewer, they offered a great deal for the money, spending money to buy the software license once with no recurring fees. The ability to provide "zero-install" links on our web site to allow customers to get us connected to their systems was a huge plus for a remote support environment. And even better, they were far cheaper than other solutions at the time, like GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, RAdmin, and others for an environment where you needed to support random users around the globe.

Cons

Sadly, shortly after we bought our expensive, "perpetual, no recurring fees" license and got everything set up, TeamViewer changed the game entirely, switching to a pure subscription model. So, after advertising that our high one-time fee wouldn't require maintenance fees, the new model now requires an annual subscription, and we have been stuck on v12 for the last several years with no ability to...

Remote Desktop that works for you

I use Teamviewer for remote control when im unable to be at work and also to be able to provide technical support to my fellow staff members at other branches. My experience with Teamviewer is only what i can describe as a delight. Its simplicity and ease of access is undeniably the best in its field. It cannot compare to other remote desktops, Teamviewer stands out as the number one platform to use.

Pros

Team Viewer is very reliable and easy to use. It is a simple and secure way to connect to computers remotely. I love that i can work from home when need be. I like the fact that it has multiple features to choose from and that you dont have to use many apps as on Teamviewer they are already there. The best feature for me is the unattended access allowing me access immediately at any time of day.

Cons

The only thing i found least to like is that both station's need to be on the same upgrade level on Teamviewer. You cannot access the one if the other is on a different version of Teamviewer. Also if your internet connection is a bit slow it starts kicking you out at times.

Straight forward Remote connection for most needed Cases

We have used Teamviewer on and off over the last 10 years to provide connectivity to remote machines and have succeeded more than 95% of the time. It has also relatively improved its features most notably allowing connectivity to a machine with older version of the software, which was not previously possible for a long time, was a major pain point, and one of the most needed features as it was usually the reason we always used it concurrently with another vendor. Finally, its ability to remember and save previously connected computers really saves a lot of time and headache.

Pros

Team viewer has worked for me on nearly all devices you can think of; Mac, PC, mobile, tablet, ios. It is straightforward to install and allow connectivity most times. 8/10 of none IT savvy users on windows were able to download, install and enable connection within a few minutes of sharing the link.

Cons

Getting a not IT savvy user to set it up and enable connection on a mac has been a stumbling block more than a few times . Other software tested was able to achieve the same in a relatively easier manner and I have had to resort to them when unsuccessful.

"Team Viewer" Best helpdesk tool for Remote Access and support for Desktop and Mobiles.

My Over Experience with TeamViwer is very positive and happy with the outcome and usage of TW.

Pros

Most of the time we are uses TeamViewer for Remote access and Support for the Desktop and Mobile Users. Really, this is very good and helpful with great outcomes an easy to use by both end, Also very helpful for time and travel cost.

Cons

NO, I don't feel anything like this if you are using paid license, with free and trail pack you will face issue the limit time of the. session

Teamviewer: A remote superhero

I have used the software for a long time to be able to provide technical support both at a personal and corporate level, its interface is intuitive and does its job very well, it is widely used on Windows systems since the installation on other systems such as Linux is a bit difficult due to because you must have the appropriate knowledge to do it, what I like the most is that I can have privacy in what I am doing and being able to share files between teams is the best thing.

Pros

To say that it is teamviewer is like asking what fire is for, it is the best and for a long time the pioneer in terms of taking remote control of a computer via the Internet, is a sotware that is not necessary to install it to use it and that allows us to work in collaboration no matter from where we connect, it is used primarily in corporate environments that can afford its price, allows us to use...

Cons

The cost of your license is something that scares away the vast majority of people who could use the software relegating it mostly to corporate environments, another drawback I've had personally is the interoperability between systems when we take control of a Windows-Linux computer or vice versa and control of the computer from the Android phone is impossible.

Affordable Support For Your Remote Teams

I love this platform. Teamviewer was the easiest implementation of remote access and support for devices within my business. On a personal note, I've used it to access my personal computer, and to assist my mother with her technical needs, when I could not get to her. When, in the height of the pandemic, I was forced to allow my team to work in the cloud, we purchased a license, and all of a sudden,...

Pros

Teamviewer presents a powerful and stable platform for remote access to computers, regardless of the platform you intend to connect from. In an increasingly connected world, this is your method of connecting to multiple computers within your business. It also doesn't matter the version of your Windows, where Microsoft's Remote Desktop requires the Pro versions.

Cons

My main issue isn't a problem, to be quite frank. When using teamviewer on mobile, there are a bit too many finger gestures which are required to mimic different mouse clicks. I figure that learning from the existing gestures on android and iOS might be beneficial

In general, it is the remote connection program that I have used the most both in my private life and in my business life. I am very satisfied.

Pros

My favorite feature is that I can provide an easy and secure connection. And providing the necessary security by giving a password before the connection.

Cons

The aspect that I like least is that if another user has one of the lower versions of this software, remote connection cannot be established, the versions must be the same, I would like this to be ignored.

Amazing app for remote support

Used it to support a number of users remotely from my machine - worked like a charm. All I need to tell them is to launch the app, tell me the id/password and voila, I'm in. Copy/paste files, operating windows, etc.

Pros

1. Extremely easy to use, almost 0 learning curve - everything is straightforward and intuitive, plus available on all platforms (I was supporting PC machines from a mac) 2. Robust mobile app that has most of the functionality accessible via a phone 3. Free for personal use!

Cons

1. The ID/password combo is sometimes a bit cumbersome and should be replaced by an easier two factor identification using a phone. 2. Very little not to like otherwise - minimal lag, everything just works.

TeamViewer - A Fast and Safe software for Remote Control

Teamviewer is a safe product and it is also uses AES 256-bit encryption. It has enable me to perform task remotely just by sitting from my desk, rather from moving physcially. TeamViewer has helped me to make lots of savings on fuel as well as on time. Worth mentioning is also the customer service that you have after purchasing the product. Below are a few personal advantages I noted while using this...

Pros

First and foremost, it is one of the best free remote access and free remote control softwate. It enables user (usually IT Support team) to have access remotely on your machine while limiting their physical movement especially during this Covid-19 pandemic. It is also a great tool to be used in environments where there is a low-bandwidth. Moreover it has also helped me to communicates with the recepient via a chat box or via call. I also have the option of transfering files via TeamViewer, thus making it an ideal office tool for anyone who want to gain access to a system without any physcial movement, thus helps in saving time and gas money. It is also a cross-platform application (User can control any device that are on either Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS or even on Rasberry Pi).

Cons

One of my main concerns is that both parties (that is the person to whom I am connecting remotely and myself) need to have the same version installed on the machine or else, the application will not work. Another disadvantage is that large files cannot be shared over TeamViewer. The computer that I am connecting to also needs to be switched on and active which mean that the application needs to be remained open.

"Amazing application for long-distance remote control!"

The majority of the time, I use Teamviewer for remote control. To gain access to my colleague's computer if they don't grasp something, or to assist a buddy on another continent, for example. When our customers need assistance or software needs to be configured on their end, Teamviewer comes in handy, especially when unattended access is allowed.

Pros

This application's best feature is unattended access. We activate Unattended Access on all machines so that we may rapidly access any data. We keep our documents in storage software, but it's occasionally easier to access them from a certain computer. Another advantage is that you may use it for personal usage for free, which is exactly what I do to remotely operate my home PC on a regular basis....

Cons

We're not sure how safe Teamviewer is, but we keep credentials highly confidential, so I believe we're covered. However, allowing anyone to remotely manage your machine is never completely secure. There are far too many new features. It's great to have more functions, but I believe it's more important to focus on Teamviewer's main feature: remote access! Although there wasn't much added to Teamviewer's remote access functionality, I believe there is always room for improvement.

"TeamViewer" Has made remote access very easy and simple from anywhere to any device

My entire TeamViewer experience has been fantastic. It's something I've been utilizing for a long time. I had to work from home on a number of projects and office tasks, and in order to provide team support, I used TeamViewer, which allows me to connect remotely and transfer files and folders across the cloud from one computer to another in real time. My workflow has been much faster and more productive thanks to TeamViewer. All I can say is that TeamViewer is an extremely important product that every organization or individual should have. It makes work life much easier and simpler. TeamViewer is one of my favorite programs.

Pros

TeamViewer is one of my favorite remote access tools; I use it almost every day because we have to work from various locations and with various sorts of devices, and we frequently run into problems with our work flow. But in this scenario, TeamViewer has the upper hand by allowing us to connect with anyone, anywhere, using any device, be it a smartphone or a computer. TeamViewer is really easy to use and is always up to date. We can use the cloud to video chat, exchange text messages, make voice conversations, and most crucially, share our screen and files from one device to another. So all I can say is that I enjoy using TeamViewer in my everyday work life and that it has become an integral part of my life.

Cons

Even while TeamViewer is a terrific choice, it does have some limitations. It is a bandwidth-hungry software, and some individuals may experience network troubles with it, as I have. Furthermore, their Multi-User plan only allows one user to start one remote connection at a time, which is insufficient if you are unhappy with the free plan and want to upgrade to premium. Apart than that, I have no big issues using TeamViewer. I enjoy using TeamViewer.