Divvy Logo

Divvy

Spend management and business cards made simple.

Divvy Reviews - Page 2

KV

Kim V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Divvy changed the way we do business!

Pros

Divvy gave us the ability to allow employees to pay for expenses with company funds as opposed to having to use their own funds and wait to be reimbursed. Divvy gives us the ability to manage requests "on the go". Divvy integrates with Quickbooks which is super helpful. Divvy rewards program fits our organization much better than previous rewards programs. It allows for multiple options and depending on what we have going on at the time, we utilize the various options given. Sometimes we take a statement credit, other times we use it for unexpected travel and yet sometimes, we find it most advantageous to receive a check that we can use for things like purchasing equipment that is needed we didn't budget for in a particular fiscal year.

Cons

It still has some quirks that need worked out. From what we understand, it is a fairly new software. When syncing with Quickbooks, it doesn't always seem to work correctly. We have had instances where receipts disappeared that were uploaded to the mobile app. It isn't quite as intuitive as other software in our opinion. The user interface could be improved. When you go back in to update a transaction after it has been synced, you have to remember to resync it. The problem with this is that there is nothing that prompts you to do so. Overall though, we would still recommend this software.

Kelsi N.

Veterinary, 5,001-10,000 employees

Divvy is the BEST

Amazing. I truly enjoyed working with our Implementation Manager and felt like they worked with us as a partner, not a client. They were willing to work with us on all of our many asks.

Pros

Divvy is a very innovative product that allows for you to have an all in one product. They not only issue the card, but they provide the expense management. With their help, we have been able to bring all expense coding inside Accounting to allow for our teammates in the field to just submit a receipt and a business purpose and move on.

Cons

The reimbursement and reporting side could use some work. Divvy does not charge for reimbursements and does not make money for that part of the product, so I understand that it is not their priority, however to make a better product they would puts some resources there.

JC

Jason C.

Market Research, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Show me your corporate card and I'll show you your company's future

On a scale from 1-23 I'd give them a 23. It's the people that make Divvy what it is. I'd give the developers and engineers a standing ovation every day if I worked at Divvy. They have truly built a remarkable product, kinda like Comcast.

Pros

Transparency when it comes to spending has shifted our company culture. People are now act more trustworthy with what they use the company card on. Any product that helps my company have a culture of openness & accountability will be a company I stick with for years to come. Cheers to Divvy on closing the gap of emotional and reactive spending & budgeting.

Cons

I wish I could get my cards overnighted from the second I order them. #RichBusinessManProblems

Zachary B.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

The best software our company purchased in 2018!

Overall, Divvy has enabled my company to gain WAY better insight into where dollars are going. We now know where we are over-budgeting and under-budgeting each month. Divvy makes tracking business expenses fun — I never thought I'd say that!

Pros

I first learned about Divvy via the daily business newsletter, Morning Brew. I was in disbelief that the product was totally free, so I scheduled a demo call. As it turns out, Divvy really is TOTALLY free. The app is incredibly user friendly and switching/updating budgets is surprisingly easy. But while the app interface is nice, the push notifications are wonderfully helpful, and Divvy travel has...

Cons

Honestly, there are really only two things I dislike about Divvy: 1. That there isn't a Divvy for PERSONAL spending (I've been Googling looking for something like this for the past few weeks now...nothing seems to exist!) 2. The saving a receipt feature/adding notes feature is a little spotty at times. I find that I often need to go back into a purchase and re-upload the photo of the receipt/re-type my note. Hopefully this is a bug that gets worked out with the next app update.

Hi Zachary, Thanks for the feedback! I've sent your feedback regarding the photo receipt uploads to the director of product, and he's looking into a way to improve that process and ideally ensure that it never happens again. Just wanted to thank you personally for joining the Divvy family of happy customers, and for taking the time to leave a great review! -Mark

Anna M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great program, simplifies expense tracking!

even though its a newer company, we love Divvy. Their customer service and support teams always do their best to make it a comfortable process for all users.

Pros

simplifies expense tracking, reimbursements, receipt collecting, approval process

Cons

its newer so working out bugs still. I don't really think this is a big con, but its what I could think of

KD

Kristine D.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Expense and Reimbursement Management for next to nothing

Overall, implementing Divvy has ben a huge win for my organization. It's streamlined our expense reporting process, keeps all expense records within a single system and costs us nothing. We've used other paid platforms in the past, and Divvy's solution is far superior.

Pros

We rolled out Divvy in June of 2022. Every employee has a Divvy account for reimbursements; about 20% of our employees also have corporate credit cards. This is what works:- Easy to set up custom fields to correspond to our accounting system for expense coding and tracking- Budgets set up by functional team so managers are approving their direct reports transactions- Easy to adjust teams/budgets on the fly- App always works and employees can code charges and upload receipts seconds after a charge is made- Easy to administer; add employees, cancel cards or charges, delete employees, adjust budgets, add accounts. The system is simple to navigate and intuitive.

Cons

Some drawbacks to Divvy - - No notification alerting you that a budget is getting close to its monthly spend limit- Employees need lots of education on how budgets work; they need to request funds BEFORE spending- Reimbursement tab needs to be more obvious. Managers don't check and can have employee requests languishing there for weeks- Reimbursements don't hit employee accounts for days after the funds have already been withdrawn from the company account

CG

Caleb G.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Divvy - Always Great Service with an Excellent App

Divvy has allowed our organization to set more controls and give more responsibility to managers through use of individual budgets. Divvy also has transactions show up in the users transaction log instantaneously, making it easier for individuals to do all of their admin work right away.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ability to control credit lines for individuals at any given time. If an employee who rarely uses the corporate card suddenly has a need, we can adjust accordingly.

Cons

For the time being, Divvy doesn't integrate with our ERP, Netsuite. As such, I have to import into our ERP with CSVs which isn't ideal. Divvy is currently BETA testing an integration with Netsuite so we are patiently awaiting the full release of that.

Aaron M.

Great Credit Card and Expense Tracking Software

I have loved Divvy! I highly recommend it. We are much more streamlined and misplace way few receipts.

Pros

I love that we now have credit cards instead of a bunch of debit cards. I like the app a lot. My employees and I get a notification immediately on our phone to upload receipts, categorize the expense, and write any notes. I also love that I have control over how much money each of my employees have access to. I can easily take away and add more.

Cons

I have had a few cons. 1) I am supposed to get a reminder email every Monday morning with a "to-do" list. I have gotten it about 50% of the time due to bugs in the system. The same goes for my employees. 2) I would love to not be able to approve my own transactions. 3) On the transactions page, place where you add filters seems not as well organized as I would like. I would love to be able to personally edit the order of the filters. I am constantly scrolling to the bottom.

CJ

Caleb J.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Divvy - Allows us to Manage our Expenses with effectiveness

Pros

1) Dashboard for all transactions - allows us to work on what needs completed and then publish to QBO. 2) Automatic notifications - allows us to request receipts and categorization from cardholders in seconds. 3) Virtual cards - allows us to automate transaction entry, manage overspend with our vendors, and minimize and mitigate fraud with our expenses. If a card gets compromised we turn off that one virtual card and then create a new one within seconds.

Cons

There aren't many features built yet for Accounting Firms to manage their list of clients. There isn't good features like Ramp & Brex to text the categorization details, notes, and receipts on the transactions.

AL

Andrew L.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Divvy is the best expense software by far!

Overall with Divvy, we’ve been able to increase visibility in spending, empower our employees to make purchases and allow our budget managers control over what is being spent from their budget. It has been a win-win-win for us. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Pros

I love that Divvy is not only free, but that it also allows you to manage expenses companywide we have about seven spenders in our small business and using Divvy allows us to assign budgets issue funds to particular employees and allow them to make purchases as needed. it also streamline to the bookkeeping process because all of the transactions are already categorized and require receipt upload it is absolutely fantastic.

Cons

It’s hard to think of anything I don’t like about the software because I love it so much the only negative I can think of is that setting it up to integrate well with your books can’t take a bit of time however, their team walks you through the entire process from beginning to end, which makes the process a lot easier.

SF

Stephen F.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Seriously the Best App our Business Found, for Anything

Pros

If you're a small business with big monthly expenses, and petty cash headaches, Divvy is a no-brainer. Each of our field techs have a card we can control from the office, or divvy out funds as needed. As a small family business, this cut down on half our office work (and my mother no longer goes through receipts in the office; she can just retire) Divvy integrates with Quickbooks well, but here's...

Cons

Nothing. So far it's perfect for us. We haven't been able to mess anything up yet.

DH

Darren H.

Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very quick and easy to implement with great customer service

Overall I very impressed with Divvy and the constant innovation of making using and administing the card easy.

Pros

Very easy to integrate into our business and very user friendly software.

Cons

Out of pocket reimbursement. Be easier once approved Divvy sent check to individuals and charge the Divvy account vs ACH funds to Divvy.

Mandi W.

Divvy is a LIFESAVER!

WAAAAYYYY easier to track spending. Receipts are all in one place. Staff is able to take more ownership and complete reimbursement requests and expense tracking on the go through the app. Wonderful that it syncs with their bank accounts so disbursing reimbursements is a breeze.

Pros

Divvy was easy to set up and is easy for our whole staff to use. Our previous expense management was done more manually, was time consuming, harder for staff to use, and an all around pain. Divvy alleviated all those problems!

Cons

The only thing I dislike is not being able to sync reimbursements in QB online the same way credit card expenses can be synced. It's definitely not a deal breaker, but more time consuming for sure to have to download the reimbursements, format the csv and upload in QB, vs just hitting "sync" like you can do with the credit card expenses.

JB

Jeff B.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

It's the best because it is simple

It has been very positive. They are timely in their responses and they are flexible and open to customer ideas for improvement.

Pros

It is very easy to use and very ease to teach users how to use. It allows us to customize expense fields, budgets and reports so as an accounting team we get what we need, but it is simple enough for any user to use.

Cons

The only complaint I have at this point is that we cannot set limits for receipts. I'd like to be able to say "all transactions over $20 require a receipt," but that is not available yet.

Jacob C.

Retail, 51-200 employees

What we needed in a Corporate Credit Card

Overall we have had a great experience with Divvy. We were waisting so much time with fraud issues with other cards. Also has helped us with our employee card reconciliation. We can have required fields that our employees need to fill out like notes.

Pros

Virtual Cards are easy to generate, Control of employee cards and funds is really nice, Reporting is good, support has been really good

Cons

It is a little difficult for employees to catch on to how everything is supposed to work. It changes fairly quickly (good because it gets better, but con because you have to change your processes or relearn the software)

AH

Ashley H.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

A Fantastic Expense Report Tool

Pros

I love the automation it creates for all of our expense reports. I also love the ability to make changes to spending limits, or accounts directly on the website. Any other card, we would have to get on the phone with customer service to make these changes, which was headache and a waste of time. I love the digital cards we can create for our online payments/ transactions.

Cons

The recurring vs one-time limits were hard to get used to. This has improved over the last couple of years though.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

We love Divvy!

Divvy has been great and everyone we have come in contact with has been very helpful. I have even been able to text the guy who helped us set everything up with any questions that have come up. Customer service has been excellent!

Pros

I love how seamlessly it syncs with QB online. Every employee loves the app, also!

Cons

There have been issues with employees receiving the verification emails due to the email our company uses, but we have worked out the kinks.

MC

Marc C.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Exactly what you need to manage expenses

I have been very happy with Divvy. The customer service, the simplicity of the system, the ability to budget are all been what we needed in an expense company credit card system.

Pros

It allows the creation of budgets. We can create budgets and give anyone access to a budget or not. Giving us the flexibility to give everyone a card and issuing funds on an as needed basis. Divvy also is constantly looking for ways to improve the product and make it better, for instance the dashboard of how many transactions need to be approved or completed.

Cons

It is hard to think of any, one thing I would like the ability to do would be to drag an email into the receipt box as a number of receipts are not attachments or pdfs. Watch they will upgrade the system to do this in the next release.I did think of one...card holders sometimes have been denied transactions when they have funds on their cards and or budgets. This has been very inconvenient for those traveling.

Allison M.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Best Receipt Tracking/Company Credit Card

I have had nothing but wonderful and positive experiences with everyone at Divvy.

Pros

The app and platform are so intuitive and easy to use. I am amazed at how difficult our life was before Divvy and so grateful we made the switch.

Cons

I haven't come up with anything yet. So far everything works great.

AA

Aaron A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Divvy is amazing!!!

We are now much more efficient. No more looking for 3-4 different software to handle all our needs because Divvy does them all in a perfect way.

Pros

Best expense software I have ever used. Our time reviewing and/or approving expenses is now cut in half. No more reimbursements. The budget features are also amazing. We have been looking for a better way to budget our expenses and Divvy does an amazing job at budget management.

Cons

I kinda wish we had to pay for it to let them know how much we appreciate it. It's that good.

Kevin M.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Divvy is a great product

It has eliminated missing receipts and automatically posts expenses to our accounting system (Quickbooks Online). Virtual cards eliminate overcharges and fraud.

Pros

We have had problems with volunteers and staff turning in credit card receipts. That is now a thing of the past - finally! It has totally eliminated that problem. When there is a missing receipt, now I know it within a couple days instead of a couple months. The users love it too because they don't have to worry about saving and turning in receipts as well. Just take a picture of it at the time of sale and they are done! The recent integration with Quickbooks was HUGE for us. Now most data entry of expenses is automatic as well. Very easy to use most of the time, and it's free!

Cons

Getting the hang of allocating budgets can be tricky. And if you have a budget used by multiple people it presents additional challenges trying to allocate funds between multiple people. Auto payments take a few days to free up funds. And virtual subscription cards don't reset until first business day of the month, which can be a problem if charges are attempted on the 1st and it is a weekend.

DJ

Dinesh J.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Value for Money and Easy to Use

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly, save a ton of time and easy to mange the spends. Easily sync the transaction with accounting software, and speeds up reconciliation process. You can set limits, chose vendors. Can have access to receipts on the Go. Also rewards points is cherry on the top.

Cons

Reimbursement process requires a lot of Improvement , especially for syncing the transaction with QBs

EL

Erin L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Saves so much time for a small accounting and admin team

The Divvy team was fast and friendly. I submitted an application and a week later I had cards, an active admin portal and virutal cards set up for vendors. Special thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for helping us get set up so fast!

Pros

The best thing about Divvy is that employees can designate a transaction to a specific budget right at the time of the transaction. They upload the receipt right then and there and they're done! No more bugging staff for expense reports, missing receipts, wrong amounts. This will be a game changer for our small team.

Cons

We are still pretty new to Divvy but so far it's been great. We'll need to make sure that there are strong controls for everyone, including admins on the account but so far it has been a solid product. Very intuitive and easy to use.

MM

Mathew M.

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

Fantastic Enterprise Solution

Pros

No Cost & more efficiency - I was able to reduce organizational expenses by over $20,000 annually AND increase efficiency , transparency in the budget process, and give visibility to department leaders on real-time spending. The customer support has been fantastic. Fraud controls and prevention have been fantastic - we have been able to quickly isolate and stop attempted fraud, either by our user or notification from the Divvy team.

Cons

I would like the ability to organize budgets in a more hierarchical way, so that Department leaders can start with their overall budget and drill down into sub-budgets.

JR

Jennfer R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great product & easy to use

Overall, it's been great. Our account manager responds quickly to questions and we love the ease of use on the administration side as well as user side.

Pros

No more losing receipts!!! It is so nice to snap a photo right away and tie it to your charge. It makes month end reconciling much more streamlined

Cons

My only issue is the rewards system. It's a headache to say the least. When you cash in your points earned, you can't simply login and explore all of your options like other credit card companies. You must send in your request and wait to hear back from Divvy. We requested gift cards as our rewards and were sent to a website where we had very limited options for gift cards, and they were all electronic cards. This is very hard to keep track of and would have been much more convenient to get a a visa/mastercard giftcard. Also, all of the gift cards were tied to my email address, so any cards redeemed came to me via email and I had to distribute them to where they needed to go.