isolved Logo

Suggested alternatives

rippling
bamboohr
dayforce-hcm

The customization and ability to make their software work for me is the best part of this. They are super responsive to issues I have and the cost is excellent.
I love that this software is constantly being developed to offer greater benefits to organizations. I am looking forward to the improved scheduling features.
It has been very good and has resolved many issues from streamline the payroll process, data entry and eliminating errors. We are excited about adding iHire to our platform.
Customer service blamed THEIR in-house mistakes on us. Just a MISERABLE experience at every turn.
One of my biggest problems has been billing. I was charged 800.00 in one month for two payroll runs.
Their support structure is VERY poor. No continuity of service.

SG

Stephen G.

Clinical Director,HR

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

isolved Review: Makes Human Resources Streamlined.

Transcript

Stephen: Yes, my name is Steven. I'm the clinical director/human resource director at NNI Center and...

We're thrilled to hear that isolved has made your life easier when running HR! Saving time and streamlining processes is what we strive for.

CB

Cecilia B.

Director of Human Resources

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

All in one system for HR

Transcript

Cecilia: Hi, my name is Cecilia. I am the director of human resources here for a company that has about...

Hello Cecilia, Thank you for taking the time to leave this video review of isolved. We are so happy to hear that the customer support team continues to be a great resource & support system for you and your business.

Lisa W.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

i-Soved it the BEST

It has made our job more manageable, we absolutely love it. I can highly recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Customer service is top notch, knowledgeable, kind and efficient. If they do not have the answer immediately they happily get me to the correct person who can help

Cons

They only thing I do not have a complete grasp on is benefits. It is as much of a "me" problem as it is an iSolved problem.

VL

Victoria L.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

isolved is a True Single Database Platform Meeting the Changing Needs of Employers

The overall experience has been very positive. The platform is very user friendly and easy to implement and customize.

Pros

The functionality being all one database is a large focus for us. It is easy to add services as the legal environment or business needs change and the system keeps businesses in compliance as regulations are put into place.

Cons

The scheduling feature is the only area I see as being less competitive than other products in the industry for employees that are moving between teams or departments or simply making on the fly adjustments.

CC

Chrissy C.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Horrible Customer Service

The product is fine if you want something mediocre. I have been searching for other payroll companies and found a few that are far much better. I recommend PDS VISTA for an MEO type of employer. I am not an ADP fan, but I believe that would also be much better too. This is not worth the savings in my opinion. Also, iSolved purchase Encore back in July, I believe. Since July, I had been asking for...

Pros

We have multiple companies (multiple FEIN's) and it is nice to have every employee in one spot.

Cons

This product is not the best if you have an MEO with multiple locations with separate bank accounts. The system requires that you run a payroll for every bank account instead of one payroll per company. We were forced onto this software once iSolved bought out Sage Encore. The Encore platform was much easier to use in regards to processing payroll. In Encore, it took me 30 minutes (at the most) to...

BE

Bethany E.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Service Bureau Review

Pros

I like that it is continuously evolving. Most of the time new features are released and there is no additional cost for those features that are "keeping up" with similar platforms. Resources for learning are excellent and make it so that SB's can be very self sufficient.

Cons

Pricing is high especially to be completive with ADP, Paychex etc.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're pleased to hear that isolved is helping you with maintaining documents and streamlining approval processes. We're continuously working to enhance our offerings and provide the best value for our customers.

JM

Jim M.

Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees

isolved Denkai review

Disappointing. I've made complaints and get plenty of concerned lip service, but no action.

Pros

Very easy to use for both administrators, managers, and employees.

Cons

Customer service and support is terrible. Everyone is a sales person. Very engaged with you if you're interested in buying an add on. Non-existent if you're not. Communication with my rep is non-existent. I understand turn-over issues, so if you let me know in advance that you're experiencing support issues, I'm willing to work with you. I'm constantly in the dark. I feel like we don't matter because we're a small company.

Hello! Thank you for leaving your honest review of isolved. We certainly don't want you to feel that you are in the dark. Please contact me, Mackenzie Cotton, Reference & Reputation Manager, directly at mcotton@isolvedhcm.com so we can get you connected with the proper support.

TB

Talitha B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Easy Payroll Processing

Overall it works great for our organization. It does what it's supposed to do and has hiccups like any software.

Pros

We love using iSolved to process our payrolls. It's super easy. The system is eaasy to navigate and find what you're looking for as well as find help articles when needed.

Cons

They have changed the Self-Service login over the past year and taken away our access to reset passwords at the client level. This has been very frustrating for our staff because we have to wait for our customer service rep to take care of it and often times the links expire before the employee can use them. Sometimes when they do updates to the system, critical reports get changed and clients aren't notified. This caused an audit issue for our agency last year and isolved hasn't been able to fix the report.

Hello Talitha! Thank you for leaving this review of isolved. We are thrilled to hear that isolved has helping you with processing payroll. As far as your feedback on the constant updates and self service login, I have sent this to our customer support team so we can so we can take the corrective steps to improve our services.

CB

Cecilia B.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

An all-in-one HR/Payroll System

Great implementation, several hiccups once the batton was passed BUT the team i have now are great to work with. Hoping it continues.

Pros

We use iSolved for our entire Employee cycile from the ATS through COBRA (with their benefits module). The system has everything you need so we only use one system. Their ATS is one of the best i've used.

Cons

Customer Support is hit or miss. I finally have a Customer Success Manager and dedicated Customer Service Rep who are very helpful but this was after several issues legitamet issues that needed to be escalated. My only ongoing issue is that depending on what features you have (we have pretty much all) be prepared to take heavy notes on who you talked too. There are soo many people and sometimes it's hard to keep up with who is working on what, and who i need to reach out for for a specific change.

CK

Chinda K.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

change is constant..

I have made some really great partners from Isolved.

Pros

this is a very easy system to use and has great learning videos to answer many questions you may have. Isolved has great reminders and offers good support on many reports and deadlines.

Cons

I would like to see better follow up and quicker answers for cases that are put in. I would like to have access to SME (subject matter experts) that I can go to get my answers right away.

Hello Chinda! We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review of isolved. I have shared your feedback with our customer service team about your wishes to have a dedicated support representative.

AB

Alicia B.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

RPT Review

Overall the product is good and does everything we need it to

Pros

It's a robust program, however the timekeeping could use some updating to become a more relevant prodoct

Cons

Time Off Requests - Can be a bit clunky to do review/approvals

Susen M.

Events Services, 201-500 employees

Incompetent and Rude about it!!

RUN! Terrible attitude /rude / cold staff. Staff is confused and not very knowledgeable in their tasks. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], did not know the difference between "gross" and "net" payroll. They made HUGE mistakes on our payroll, taking double deductions from all our workers and when we contacted a supervisor we were told WE(?) made the changes to THEIR system. They refuse to take any...

Pros

They paid our workers on time. Usually had MAJOR mistakes and errors. but payment was fast.

Cons

The staff at ISolved. When THEY make errors and we've called for solutions- it's apparent we are bothering them. ISolved can't solve anything. No responsibility, no compassion. Communication was misery in trying to work with them.

JO

Jaylene O.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Isolved Solutions that don't break the bank

It's been an adventure, but the rewards and benefits have definitely outweighed any struggles.

Pros

The customization that is possible with the software was the most attractive aspect. Especially for the cost, this product allows small businesses enjoy the same quality of services that larger fortune 500 organizations.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about the software; however, one thing that I would say that has been an issue is the time zone differences between me and available support team members. Especially, if they are based out of the east coast, I find that there is only a 1-2 window to conduct business out of Alaska.

TP

Tina P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Good choice

Positive, we have enjoyed very pleasant and knowledgeable customer service. We can make an online appointment with our account manager, he can share his screen and either fix issues on the spot, show us how to do something or accelerate ongoing issues up the ladder.

Pros

The payroll processing and access for employees is what sold us. We can be confident that payroll is done correctly and precisely.

Cons

Training, there was so much training up front that it became muddled. Also, too many different screens to access with different screens. As the main admin, I would like to toggle through general areas without signing in again. For some reason, it glitches often when trying to get into share and perform. Also, for Share and Perform, the training has really lacked. We were told we would have the option of a store at the beginning, then told that wouldn't open for a while, until we put it on the back-burner and are having a hard time restarting. Personnel changes and we need each person to receive adequate training.

Tina, Thank you for taking the time to review our solution! We LOVE hearing that you often get the support you need. If you still require assistance with Share and Perform, or wish you could take a deeper dive, please contact your dedicated CSR and Team, and they can get you scheduled for additional support asap!

MH

Michelle H.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great Product for the Money!

We are utilizing the complete iSolved HRIS modules with the exception of MOJO. Payroll, Benefits, Time, iHire, LMS, COBRA, 401K file feed.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly, and that iSolved continues to upgrade their features because they are listening to their customers requests. Administratively, I have found this system to be much easier to use than previous HRIS systems. The implementation team was great!

Cons

That salaried employees cannot use the absence function because it is tied to payroll. For our company, our salaried employees need to be able to change approved time off after payroll has been run, which unfortunately locks down that time frame, so we are forced to use our old HRIS system to track salaried emloyee PTO. Also, there is no one single place that has transparency for employees to see all of their time off accruals and transactions. Also, does not do payroll in Canada.

LP

Lori P.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

I chose iSolved over ADP

I have been happy with iSolved. I temporarily switched to ADP because I was told it would serve us better, and I learned quickly it was not the right service for us. I went back to iSolved. There were some hiccups with that, like the pricing went up and we lost one of our services. I like the administration side, but some of the employees struggle with the AEE on the phone (slow connection to punch in/out for example).

Pros

The customer service is more convenient than that of other services I have used in my position, and it's critical that I receive timely answers for payroll and benefits. I also like that I know where to go to find all kinds of reports.

Cons

I don't like the pricing structure, and I don't like that if we need other service add-ons that the fees are somewhat outrageous depending on the service. I would like to be able to put everything together, we as a non-profit we cannot budget for some of the more exorbitant items (HR help). Some reports are too detailed and don't come in Excel format.

Hello Lori! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of isolved. We are happy to hear that our customer service team continues to be a great resource & support system for your business.

CD

Colleen D.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Ease of use and robust features

We use iSolved to run payroll, manage recruitment and onboarding, open enrollment, benefits administration and other HR data. We love how easy it is for employees to have one login for most of their needs.

Pros

iSolved allows us to manage so much of our payroll and HR workflows in one program that is easy to use.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, we like all of the features we currently use.

TW

Tammy W.

Farming, 501-1,000 employees

Never looked back

We couldn't be happier. If we have a want or need, iSolved can usually deliver!

Pros

iSolved is easy to use and understand. Customer Service is amazing

Cons

We would like to customize more of the fields

HM

Holly M.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

HORRIBLE customer service

Zero benefits. See Con's abov.

Pros

Honestly, there is nothing that sets this software out.

Cons

The customer service is horrific. The tenure must be extremely low because I generally know more than the person I speak to. I've been lied to (my supervisor has stepped out so you can't speak to them now) on two occasions. I've emailed my concerns (there is no phone number to speak to your 'rep', you have to call into the main customer service) and had no response. When I finally do get a response, they apologize that that rep is no longer with the company and my concerns remain unresolved. I would like to warn every company out there that iSolved has changed and is no longer client-friendly.

KC

Kimberly C.

Retail, 201-500 employees

ISolved Products

It is a good system that is easy to use. It is completely customizable for any unique situations.

Pros

ISolved is user friendly. It can be customized for unusual pay structures and multiple pay structures within the same company. It is packed full of useful reports that are already loaded, or you have the ability to build a custom report as well.

Cons

There have been a couple of glitches regarding third party payments that have caused some problems. ISolved has been very quick to get those glitches corrected as quickly as possible.

GJ

Gina J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Love this HRIS!!

LOVED the team and the dedicated reps. For sure best service around for such a wonderful tool!

Pros

Robust and super easy to use - very user friendly!

Cons

Would be nice if there was a built in expense feature too!

SB

Stephanie B.

Textiles, 201-500 employees

Great HCM for small/medium size businesses

Overall, iSolved is a great product. They are constantly improving and I can't wait for what's to come!

Pros

I like that the product is all in one and that it is relatively easy for my employees to find the information they need.

Cons

The things I like the least would be the change in customer service, I enjoyed having a dedicated rep; we got to know each other and our people. The growing pains have been a challenge (especially with the tax team -- but we're HR professionals, we get it!!). I wish some features that were promised years ago, actually have been implemented.

JE

Jenessa E.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Terrible product with terrible protocols

As an employee, user of iSolved for payroll, I completely despise this software. It is actually inconvenient in every aspect; iSolved is slow to the point I'm unsure if it is even working, an organization does not exist for users to perform tasks and customer support is not available for non-admin users even when it requires for an error page to be fixed! The product is so slow that even a "quick...

DK

Diana K.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

iSolved is quality HRIS for small to mid-size business(es)

Tax department is very slow to respond to requests or questions. Multiple emails back and forth with no call to the client. Would like to see SLAs for all functional areas as it relates to the customer experience.

Pros

Automation (workflow) - ease of access for the employee, reporting capabilities.

Cons

lack of test employee(s), test environment for administrators

KH

Krissi H.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

No Communication

They do not return your phone calls!!! We first called to try and get more licenses and were transferred to different people who never returned calls. After that we decided to go with another system due to not being to get return calls to get all of our employees licensed. We then called back and left messages to call back and neither ever did. Finally, we sent emails in requesting to talk about the...

Pros

The system was easy to learn, their support team was very friendly. I don't have anymore pros to add to this.

Cons

Their customer service, sales and financing team are terrible. They do not return phone calls or assist in anyway. Reports are not user friendly.

ge

greg e.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Not so Happy

Just o.k. If it was not for representatives, probably would have left a long time ago!

Pros

navigating the system is pretty easy. Did love representative in support.

Cons

Do not like waiting on hold for support, and waiting for a call back is a good option, but can be on the phone myself when i get the return call. Don't like the fact that the system does not have a good scheduling module, how to go outside to purchase scheduling module. Seems like the I solved platform is getting outdated, and the company is having trouble staying up with the latest technology. Been having a terrible time with timesaver support and getting PTO set up. Dont like the fact that are taxes were not paid.

DF

Dawn F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Overall Great

Pros

iSolved is easy on the eyes, easy for employees to clock in/out, and navigate in the employee self service area. On the back end for employers, there are a lot of options for administrators to run reports.

Cons

The benefits enrollment portal is not easy to use for employees. It does not allow an employee to look at the benefit options side by side. It would be nice if it would be able to suggest what plan an employee should enroll in.

Hello Dawn! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of isolved. We are happy to hear that our platform is easy for your employees to navigate & you are happy with the many options for administrations to run reports. In terms of the benefits enrollment portal not being easy to use, I have sent this feedback to our support team so we can continue to improve our platform and services. We appreciate your business.