Brilliant Directories Reviews

4.7/5 (553 reviews)

Steve Cilia

These guys are truly passionate about letting normal people own productive and customisable websites

Reviewed 2018-07-24

I managed to create a website which allows me to work from home and make some extra money to help with the bills. I created a top-notch website with no knowledge of programming or coding, thanks to the great work done behind the scenes by everyone involved with Brilliant Directories. They are truly passionate about their work, and it shows.

Doris Flewellen

Brilliant and Caring!!!!

Reviewed 2016-11-04

I'm grateful that I found brilliant directories, the fact that the support team is so patient, understanding, and eager to help my business grow is amazing. I feel like I not only found a great product, but I'm a part of a business family that's down to earth, and genuinely want my business to be successful. I'll never forget what Jason did for me, for anyone to take the time to give valuable help and advice at no cost says a lot to me about that person's character. I'm just so thankful to have found a company that's not all about just making a quick buck off of you, but that really wants to see your business succeed. Thank you so much Jason, and the entire support team, you guys are AWESOME!!!!!

Victoria Berry

Good software, but must know HTML, CSS and Javascript to get the full benefit

Reviewed 2016-09-03

There was definitely a learning curve with this software. I was not aware that so much HTML knowledge was necessary. Even the support is answered in a way that tells you to go in and change some HTML, which I think is misleading. I am not that knowledgeable in programming languages and I'm finding it difficult to go in and make some of the changes I need to make. The term 'widget' is also misleading. I'm sure the designers/creators know that many of us are coming from WordPress and for the most part, their widgets do not need extensive editing via HTML to do what you need. With BD, there is no WYSIWYG editor for the widgets which makes it nearly impossible to get the widget to do the things you need unless you hire a developer, which brings me back to some of the features being misleading. If you are like me and running a one-person show, you will not be able to pay thousands or even hundreds of dollars to get a widget to display differently, something that should be easily editable via a WYSIWYG editor. Also, searching for which widget controls what is confusing, even when viewing your website as an admin. I think this is powerful software and I can appreciate the time spent developing it, however I think more consideration needs to be given to those who are not developers. It's only fair.

PAUL WILLIAMS

The only Directory platform you'll want or need...

Reviewed 2016-07-21

I wanted to open an online directory and did my research online. I didn't have alot of money or time and wanted something easy to setup without hours and dollars spent customising as i'm a perfectionist. Enter BrilliantDirectories.com I paid their comparatively tiny fee and placed the directory theme on my domain. The default theme is good but the ability to edit it is very easy so I spent a while changing the theme to my liking. The SEO,features and everything required to run an online directory are included and I imported some businesses very easily. Note , their admin shows a 10GB LIMIT but this can be ignored , I went over the limit of data but BD allow this so there are no limitations when using BrilliantDirectories. The site is currently live at PURELOCAL.com.au and it is great. I highly suggest purchasing the lifetime licence , 1 domain lifetime licence is what I got but am considering spending a little more to get lifetime licences for 5 domains. Their server appears to have constant uptime and all server/ftp/etc edits can be done including htaccess , gzip , ssl , security , optimisation , etc. There is 1 other service offering the same .. service..which I viewed online but their default themes were ugly and their prices higher. In terms of support with your BD site - they have an online forum and ticket system which will answer your questions within 1-2 days. Because they are popular they answer alot of support tickets therefore I wouldn't demand an immediate answer as your request takes 1-2 days to investigate and aptly respond to. All you need to perfect or edit the design of your BD store is a mediocre knowledge of CSS - but if you're not computer savvy at all , you'll still be able to run your own great looking online directory... I'm rating BrilliantDirectories a 4.9/5 ... if you're a user of BD and require my help with something , please contact me through PURELOCAL AUSTRALIA. All the best and best of luck with your BD site! PAUL

Susan Friedricks

Confused by support emails and options

Reviewed 2015-05-19

Have been getting regular emails about support. One that arrived the other day said would cost $2000. to set up my website, and want to know, how much of a setup is that? Will you find an appropriate template? Set colors? Upload my logo? Discuss with me and set options for membership levels? Discuss with me and upload categories from plan? Can you send me any links from websites you did the setup and they went live? In addition I recall asking for basic training but no one got back to me about a time to set that up. Instead I got an email to complete to get developer bids. Seems like I'm responding to your emails request for response, and not sure if anyone is actually reading them and responding... which leaves me confused. Hiring a developer may be too expensive for me. The other day I responded to one of your emails and attached the startup plan excel document and you said you could set up my website for $200. if that includes colorizing, choosing a template that will shine, communicating with me so categories and membership levels are good, my logo is uploaded and looking good on background and my site looks professional, and is truly ready to go... ready to sell... ready to use to look up local restaurants, etc. Great! Bottomline is if you can get me up and going, looking and working good for $200., will use my logo, and discuss with me how to manage the site, I would love to move ahead and do that, and want to know how to get that clarified and move forward. Right now I'm confused as to how to find out more details about the levels of support, what I really get (such as I have a domain at godaddy or hostgator so how does that work?), and seems when I do respond to your emails for support -- like I thought I booked a getting started session request -- yet no one got back to me with a response about actually setting up the training time. So am confused and want to forge ahead... otherwise... love you folks :) Thanks!

Ceslovas Ratkevicius

Finally I have made a decision!

Reviewed 2016-10-27

I have been looking for a platform for creating business software and its vendors directory. I analyzed many Word Press Directory Themes available on the market and decided not to compile my system from numerous plugins but to use integrated platform devoted for this purpose. After comparing Market Grabber, eDirectory and Brilliant Directories platforms I have chosen the last one. Pros: 1. Convenient directory structure. I will use Listing feature for Vendors and Product feature for software systems. 2. Continually developing leads generating module. 3. Perfectly developed users training and support system (videos, documentation, community forums'). Cons: 1. There is not possible to set up hierarchical structure for products feature. 2. Products rating and review functionality is missing. 3. Not very flexible pricing setting system for different membership levels. It would be nice to set additional payments for every category and service area.

Cristina Wood

Great Software and Awesome costumer service but not efficient support

Reviewed 2016-11-11

I signed up for the system because I can see the potential of the system but I am having difficulties in using more advanced setting due to lack of information and support. 3 stars for ease of Use and 1 star for Customer Support because it is easy mainly to do very basic things demonstrated with the videos provided. It was very easy for me to understand how to implement the menu and add new items to the menu but when I asked support for my menu to be the same as Brilliant Directories demo it took a long time for me to have it done even though I sent the link to the demo the way I wanted. I received the link to the video showing how to manage the menus 3 times even though I was saying that I have learned that already. By now there are a lot of pending things that are not happening in terms of support. The ticket system is not efficient. It takes a lot of time for the ticket to be responded and when responded a lot of times is with another questions and your answer opens another ticket which takes even more time to be responded. Kelvin Vaughan is amazing and promptly responds every time you contact him. A suggestion to improve the awesome service Kelvin provides as representative of Brilliant Directories would be someone in the support team who could take care of everything the client would need to just start right after signing up, because the support is deficient and is not giving the high level of service Kelvin represents and gives on a personal level.

Delyse Wright

Fantastic product, easy to use

Reviewed 2016-11-25

Such a beautiful, practical product which you can start using straight away. The team at Brilliant Directories are terrific and there are many avenues to find support if you need it. Excellent value for money considering this is a complete website that you can start using to generate income after just a few steps. Navigation from both the back end and front end is easy, user friendly and fast. Easy to integrate with my existing wordpress site through links - I love that it is a stand alone product. Really happy!

William Broome

I highly recommend Brilliant Directories!

Reviewed 2019-06-05

I have been with Brilliant Directories for several years. Their platform is the absolute best for running a powerful directory. Working with reps. is really phenomenal. It is really amazing to me that I can easily set up and run a powerful membership website. What I love the most about Brilliant Directories is their outstanding support staff, hundreds of online step-by-step videos, Webinar Wednesdays, and extensive online documentation. People that work at this company don’t just want to sell you a website package. Instead, they are all about creating successful business relationships! They fully understand that their customers’ success is their future success. Their Bootstrap framework provides the flexibly for each particular business needs. Thank God I no longer have to deal with trying to get a theme and a countless number of plugins to work together. I have 4 websites with Brilliant Directories now and plan to add many more in the future. If you are looking to get your business online, I highly recommend Brilliant Directories. They are #1 for a reason!

Tima Vlasto

If you are looking for a directory template or software, Brilliant Directories is all you need

Reviewed 2014-09-16

I just want to thank you for the last 8 weeks working with all of you incredibly awesome people at BD. I want to thank you Dennis for finding a great yearly solution, the warm welcome, your vibrant and uplifting personality and your proactive 'it can be done' attitude. I want to thank Gaby for being an incredible first coach, you listened to every concern, always guided me in the right direction and made me truly feel I had a friend holding my hand through those first days Kindness and professionalism are hard to come by these days'and Gaby you have this rare ability I want to thank Esteban who as a developer really eased my mind, was so incredibly willing to help at all hours, his coding talent, and the energy of how much he really is proud of BD. He got me through that time when I was about to throw in the towel. I want to thank Alex 'for her meticulous responses, to every bullet point, her kindness and empathy ' and her professionalism and great organization. I never worried I wouldn't receive a response, and always felt at ease you would always find a way to get everything done. And Oscar ' thank you for the last 'bugs'. As a developer, I need to say, your code is excellent, very light'script-wise etc. And hardly any bugs. I've worked on CMS's with so many scripts (for example Magento) - yours seems light as a feather. The BD template has great SM integration, email templates and member backend - you saved my client thousands of dollars in development fees. If my client takes advantage of your lead generation system - there is no excuse for not having a successful directory. You have supplied all anyone needs for a strong launch. That you don't have a lot info for a developer yet is probably the only thing that was frustrating. It would be nice to see visually what all those widgets are in the backend, but I know that will come in the future. Finally, at some point, Alex said to me, 'Welcome to the BD family' on Skype. It really meant something to me, I actually felt it, and after days of working with you all I realized just how much of a family you all are, how you all respect each other and work so closely and with so much care. That 'Welcome to the BD family' wasn't just a typical business welcome. It was a real thing. I would love to work with you all again. And for sure, I will be recommending BD to other developers

Andy Geraghty

Honest Review - as requested.

Reviewed 2016-10-27

Going to focus in the negative, which is probably want you want to hear. Before I start, I love your product and I'm looking forward to adding more directories in the future. OK, the bad stuff. 1. Reading through previous posts, over a year old I read that restricted access admins still cannot be created - this is essential to a large directory!! 2. Your offer to make a one off payment rather than monthly concerned me initially, regarding credibility and why? Why would any business prefer short term gain rather than a monthly rental? At first this set off alarm bells regarding cash flow, then I came to the conclusion that it is probably due to a high churn rate of directory owners, so hit em big once makes sense. The rolling last month - ending forever this month is a bit cheesy too. Customer support, I deliberately gave you a low rating to make you notice, in reality customer service was great - BUT offering a better level of support to paid members is not encouraging for newbies trying to get their directory functional within the trial period. I did get a reasonable explanation regarding resources, but I still think its not a good idea. Conclusion - love it.............just need to make it work now.

Faruk Barber

Out of the box directory business model

Reviewed 2018-05-17

The fact that I can test my business model is very good. I was able to quickly get a directory site up and working while I was planning other aspects of my business like the marketing etc...

jj will

My opinion of Brilliant Directories

Reviewed 2015-02-09

I would like to share my brief opinion of Brilliant Directories Our team have looked into many directory softwares before we decided on BD. We are experts in WordPress sites and have created and still run a number of WordPress based directories We have purchased 3 FULL licenses from BD as we fully believe this is the best directory software available. BD is 99% ready to go live from the very start, many sites will be able to signup, watch the videos, do some basic changes and off they go. It is the closest directory software thats ready to go straight from off the shelf. We are trying to create directory sites that function slightly different to the majority of directory sites out there, so we are undertaking many customisations in the looks and design and the way it functions. Our development team have found the structure of the BD backend, the access to certain functions and code, is amazingly simple and easy. The more we play around with the system and the code, the more we appreciate what the Brilliant Directory team have created. On the surface the BD admin area is basic. However looking at it in more details you will find that theres a whole world of tweaks, changes and edits that are possible. The system appears to be rock solid, and even when we think we are pushing the system to its limits with code changes, it always functions well. We are extremely happy with our purchase of the FULL licenses, and we have no doubt we will be able to create the perfect directory sites we are aiming to achieve. The only negative we need to make is that we are based in different time zones from the BD team so when we ask a question, we are always a day late in getting a response even if responded by the BD team that same day. I think if the BD team can improve their support reply time scale then the service will be not far from perfect in our opinion I hope that this helps people in some way, and gives some idea of our experience BD team, you guys are nearly there, keep improving the system (as we see you do) and customer service side of things and we think you will go far as a business. Looking forward to launching our sites and creating our directory businesses with you guys.

Tali Koss

Brilliant Directories Software Review

Reviewed 2017-01-30

This software is good in terms of functionality as it manages subscriptions nicely and wraps the directory functionality into one. However, the user interface is pretty confusing. It takes a long time to figure out how all of the pieces are connected (i.e. where links are stored, how to change forms, how the forms connect with widgets etc.) The UI and the flow could be more user friendly and obvious. Perhaps there should be an overview about how all of the pieces of the website link up to each other. Once you figure out how to use the tools, it requires jumping between many different components to implement a simple change, so it is a bit clunky. Additionally, you really need significant coding experience to customize. I.e. Part of the reason we purchased this software was because it had many of the features we need, and in particular I was told pre-purchase that there was a way to create different types of users (i.e. a general user, A listing user, a non-listing user) and that I could also customize what they each see in their profile. In reality however, in order to customize what each sees in their profile, you need to custom code, which I wasn't aware of....Overall the software includes great functionality for running a site and managing subscriptions but could be more user friendly.

Frank Falcone

Brilliant Directories - The Best the Internet Has to Offer

Reviewed 2014-12-08

I have just activated my second directory with BD. I activated my first one after months of searching for a platform that would meet my needs and the second one after maintaining my impression that a more robust, feature rich and easy to use product for creating your own on-line directory does not exist. - anywhere at any price. Period! Everything required to run a successful and profitable directory site is included and all you need is to work as hard as it as you know you should and you will be light years ahead of the competition. Now, any product, regardless of how good it may be is only as good as the individuals that support it and here is where BD truly shines. The entire staff are knowledgeable, helpful, committed to your success and are loaded with great ideas to help keep you moving forward. The coaches are brilliant (no pun intended). I have the pleasure of working with Patrick who has over time consistently proven himself to be better than anyone I have ever dealt with on any Internet project, since the day the Internet came into being. While I could list many of his outstanding attributes, the most important one is his total honesty followed very closely by his indefatigable positive attitude. On days when I felt overwhelmed and ready to throw in the towel from facing my own shortcomings, a chat with Patrick would quickly get me back on track. He has been indispensable as a partner. Nothing in life is perfect, but this system, especially with all the upcoming features is as close as you will find. Trust me, I know from doing my research. Can you find a less expensive way to get a directory on-line? Absolutely, but it's important to remember that "you get exactly what you pay for." You won't find a bigger bang for your buck, anywhere. This is the Rolls-Royce of directory products and if you feel that you deserve the best - than subscribing to this is a total no-brainer. Thank you Brilliant Directories and Patrick for creating a bright future for me by providing the best suite of tools to help make my dream a reality. All the best to all of us in 2015. Cheers. - Frank

Jason Robinson

Brilliant Directories is the Gem that entrepreneurs, publishers, and startups have been looking for

Reviewed 2016-06-08

Being a publisher and site designer for the last 7 years, I have used many builders, and platforms to produce new publishing concept ideas. Each one of these also had their drawbacks; lack of quality, huge learning curves, manually coding issues, etc. I knew the features I was looking for , but was always unable to find them all together for that perfect setup I needed. After years of building far from perfect material, I finally ran into the website for Brilliant Directories. After reading what they offered, and seeing the quality of sites their system can produce, I was very interested, and knew I had to take the chance. I signed up immediately, and right away I got the tools I needed to open my account. I was also introduced to their customer service representatives, which are really great people, and very helpful. Once I began working and developing in the brilliant directories software, I was literally able to design and launch that perfect site that I've been trying to build for last 7 years in about 2 days. Their software is so efficient, and easy to understand, but also has much depth with its options. Mostly, it provides the tools needed for a quality page rank, which is crucial for growing new visitors. The next day, I immediately bought a full site license, with no second thought. The license is an investment in my business, and being able to produce such quality sites myself is absolutely invaluable. It is a very exciting thing for any business owner to realize they now have the tools to build out all their unfinished greatest ideas, along with new ones to come. A very rewarding feeling for sure. I have not encountered any cons with brilliant directories, and I can say that I'm very fortunate to work with such smart talented people, with whom I have developed good relations. Brilliant Directories is the best website development program I have encountered, Their customer service and help departments are professional. There is nothing in my way now to achieving the success I have been working towards.

Ken Gardner

Very Useful Platform for a Directory Startup

Reviewed 2019-02-22

We could never have gotten our directory up and running with Brilliant Directories, or something like it.

Sam Hirsh

Super Clean Interface and Design

Reviewed 2016-12-30

We have developed a few projects for clients in the directory business, with a lot of hard coding and various WP plugins, but can tedious to piecemeal things, and clients want easy, simple tools to use, and it has to look really nice aesthetically. BD has done a great job with their overall look and feel of the system. We still need to dig into it more and see how well it performs in Google, etc. but this is a great out of the box system coming from the eyes of developers. We are curious about the bandwidth issues we have read about, but we will put it to test. If anyone wants to try their hand at a small business with not a lot of cash outflow at first, this is a great way to test the idea. Keep up the nice work BD.

Kurt Wilson

Off on the Wrong foot

Reviewed 2016-07-07

So far I have not been able to get a proper receipt for one of the packages I purchased. I wrote back to Billing yesterday and I have yet to recei8ve a reply . I spoke with Kelvin yesterday as well, and he attempted to make it happened but it was not executed properly and I am reluctant to disturb him again as he claimed to be extremely busy with world wide clients.

R J

Brilliant Directories is brilliant!

Reviewed 2016-04-19

I've been helping a budding entrepreneur consider launching an online business. She wanted to launch an online local directory of her hometown with the purpose to improve both online to offline opportunities for local businesses and the community. The only problem was she has no technical background. I recommended Brilliant Directories to her because offers a simple turn-key website solution with unlimited possibilities without the need for any technical experience. They give you the confidence to focus on managing operations by saving tremendous time to launch any website directory concept. Discover other website themes they offer such as; classifieds, job board, e-commerce site, blogging, etc. We experimented with the 14 day free trial and it was clear that Brilliant Directories out of the box was better then anything else (sorry wordpress I still love u for blogging). Along with the amazing directory component it offers an internal email system and a lead generation/management component for further monetization options. During the 14 days we had time to determine that Brilliant Directories was the best option to run an online directory instead of using a premium wordpress directory theme or plugins, etc. Along the way we experienced amazing support and customer service via their online solution center, forum or directly via email. We also enjoyed the explainer videos on the Brilliant Directories YouTube channel by Patrick and other trainers. A few times I required some advanced technical support and Brilliant Directories team came through with immediate response offering suggestions and options. We look forward to rolling out our new Brilliant Directories website and other future concept websites. Thanks to the entire Brilliant Directories staff including special thanks to Kelvin & Dennis for timely support and professionalism. We highly recommend Brilliant Directories to anyone interested in operating an online website. Cheers.

Anonymous

Starting your directory reality for the Entrepreneur

Reviewed 2018-03-18

I really loved the fact that, budget didn't stop me from purchasing the software. They will work with you as long as you keep an open dialogue of communication. You are able to see a demo of the software before purchase. The website is fresh with good quality webpages, and does not look mediocore. You are offered all the comforts of a basic directory website for users attempting to get started. For customers that utlize the site they are given user friendly functionality of a working online directory. You are given access to others who use the service and their websites to see what your site could look like, and different directories that users who purchased the software utlize it for. If you do not have a color scheme they give you several to use and you can change the color scheme at any time, by picking pre-selected schemes. They do have webinars they invite you too. They have forums and suggestions to improve the software. First impression this is what you would want starting your business and later you can request to see about acting custom functions to your site as your business grows. You have an option to hire a designer for x amount of hours to get your site up and running. They do offer some free services you can add on and some a la carte services as well. Based on its competition, and the web layout of the site to look and function as a directory should it is a top three with competition. You can submit a trouble ticket for single questions, or multiple questions to the site. They do offer an affiliate referral program as well.

Joey Gonzalez

Bait & Switch Tactics

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-03-01

I have been trying to do business and have faith in this company for around 4 years and they continue to over promise and under deliver. I somewhat blame myself for allowing myself to be sucked in over and over again. I have put my best foot forward and have purchased 3 full license plans as well as Executive Coaching and the other "Never Offered Before" services over the years and always end up frustrated. I have focused my efforts on trying to build out one directly properly before trying another. My first full license plan was purchased at a significantly higher price than today's prices. I'm amazed how often they run "Last Chance Offer" specials and again I partially blame myself for allowing to be sucked into it. I recently paid for a platform upgrade because I was told for my site to be fully mobile responsive (even though it was advertised as such), that I needed to spend money which I agreed to. One of my stipulations and actually the main reason for the upgrade is that local businesses would have click to call functionality from the directory. It seems to me that would be a no-brainer functionality. After the migration, I tested the click to call functionality and it was working fine. I have dated emails with them where I discuss the feature working and not working before. Everything was working fine until I noticed about a week ago that it wasn't working again. I notified their customer service and I am being told it is an added feature and I can contract someone from their marketplace. After several back and forth emails, I have had enough of their tactics. This company has a model of sell an out of the box directory and start your online directory tomorrow. They leave out that you will require additional things and they are perfectly willing to sell it to you. They don't stand behind their product and I have sent an email requesting a full refund of every dime I have paid them unless they make it right. I have only asked for what I have paid for and nothing more. I am certain I am not alone in my treatment. I have tried to work it out with them to no avail. All I asked was for a feature that was working, was the reason for my upgrade in the first place is restored.

Ester Venouziou

Very impressed so far!

Reviewed 2018-09-28

So far I'm very happy with BD. I'm relatively new to the platform, but have had my business and website under various other platforms for 10 years! BD is BY FAR more affordable, more mobile-friendly AND more functional than any other platform I've used in the past. I also like that BD seems genuinely interested in helping their clients grow, and provide marketing webinars and a marketing group on Facebook, so BD staff and website owners can help each other. The only negative is that BD does not offer phone or chat support. The email tech team is prompt, but sometimes it can take several hours (or even a day or two), for something that would have taken 5 minutes over phone or chat.

andrew hampton

The platform is good, but if you need help support is pretty rubbish.

Reviewed 2017-07-13

Easy to use, if you are a complete beginner with no experience you will have problems. Can be quite easy to customize if you know what you are doing.

Cathryn Warburton

Great directory software

Reviewed 2016-06-19

Being able to test out the demo software was fantastic as I had some very specific requirements that are not often found in directories. My customer service chap, Dennis was very patient with my questions.

Lev Stowe

Absolutely Outstanding

Reviewed 2017-03-16

The Brilliant Directories team has just been incredible. Their support is top-notch and their products are incredibly innovative and carefully designed to enhance your business. I haven't had a bad experience so far, and I've been with them for nearly a year. They provide so much content for me to refer to when I get stuck on something, I'm just really happy with them. Highest recommendation.

Karen Phillips

surprised at how easy the setup took

Reviewed 2018-05-18

Great designs. LOTS of features built in - very surprised at this. Any time I email in, there seems to be a setting or option for just about anything. The videos helped me starting out. It took about an hour to go through them but glad I did. The main reason I chose this was because of the lead selling capabilities. I'm selling leads to my members and this platform does that best.

Jotham Kotamo

Robust Credibility Driven - Directory Business Software

Reviewed 2015-08-31

When I conducted a "Service Needs Assessment" for my Niche Market Project, it became obvious that the Niche has a severe shortage of: 1. modern Cutting Edge Technological tools to drive (CRM) Customer Relationship Management strategies, 2. it also lack (CMS) this is Content Management Systems to inform customers and support customers 3. above all it lacked a well organized networking environment which is a critical success factor for business growth. Item 3 above is one of those factors any business cannot ignore, we all need to build a well organized network environment through which we can market, promote our products or services. To achieve this we also need credibility in the way we organize our network within and outside our Niche market to also attract new customers. That is how the Directory idea cropped into my decision min-map. I reviewed several directory software on the market including the WP directory plugin, but they all fell short of a well organized system of developing and setting up one's directory. Then this happened ........ I accidentally hit on the Brilliant Directories. I liked the step by step support they give when I began setting up my directory, and the fact that almost 90% of the directory was already set up before I even began customizing it. As if that was not enough I had a hand held process as I began customizing the directory all the way. That is why I believe Brilliant Directories were the best choice, you are never left alone in the cold to take care of the tricky config, plugins set up, theme customization, coding and all that mambo-jumbo tech stuff. That is why Brilliant Directories is not only the best choice I made but the best choice anyone can make, if Directory business success is what they need.

Ed Podowski

We don't know in the first 24 hours

Reviewed 2016-06-25

This survey is little premature. So far, I am impressed, but I just got my login information for our account.

Bruce Sullivan

Overall Good but Functionally Lacking

Reviewed 2015-06-25

I rated overall low because after a year and a half we still don't have full functionality. Our issue is with the built in Payment gateway. Though my present state of our directory I should have realized would be an issue because when I bought the directory Dennis had to invoice me through "PayPal" as the payment gateway would not process any of my cards, not once but twice. When we first bought it was monthly, then I bought the life time and each time my payment would not process through the directory payment gateway. Only though PayPal was I able to make payment. I had a number of potential members complain about the same. We had to stop taking membership. I brought this issue up to BD and they said they were looking into it. Then in December 2014 they announced integration of WHMCS into the directory. Here it is June 25th, 2015 still no WHMCS integration. I joined or bought BD in December 2013. I have thousands of dollars invested and cannot count the number of man hours invested. Only to be held up by the inability to take PayPal payments for membership. Customer service keeps telling me they are working on it and will notify me when implemented. In all fairness I believe BD has great potential but functionally can be lacking because, I believe, they have made it to good, if there is such a thing. Given we cannot get into the back end it is hard to evaluate, my IT person said WHMCS integration shouldn't be that complicated given all the other functions within the directory itself. He said setting up a PayPal gateway shouldn't be that complicated but because we are limited to access to the back end of the directory our hands are tied. I have said this before. Looking good and being good is two different things! This customer has had about enough of being told it's coming. Six months now!

Tony Steuer

Very good, could be better

Reviewed 2014-12-23

This is a very tough review as BD has a lot of tremendous positives going for it while at the same time there are some frustrating negatives. It's about a 90% thing. 1) Software itself - tremendous capability and functionality. Somewhat confusing and doesn't always work as laid out. A lot of the knowledge base is out dated and is for prior versions. If BD can fully deliver on all components, I would say it's amazing software. 2) Support & Coaching - Luana Villalobos who runs the Forum is outstanding and Patrick Brunelle does a great job along with Ernesto. The down side is they are very busy and there's no way to get instant access - chat, phone, etc. Sometimes as you're communicating through email or the forum it's frustrating if you have a follow up question and have to wait hours or a day for a second response. The coaching sessions are useful. And the support when you get it is great - they do fix everything. 3) Pricing - be careful - BD has a lot of deals and you have to really do your homework to get the best deal. 4) Sales- Dennis Tinerino does a great job of walking you through the software. Overall, really good software with a few bugs. Biggest need is some type of quicker support system. I'd recommend them as long as you're not in a rush.

SK Krause

NO SOURCE CODE

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-06-29

None. Waste of money.

David Keenan

Too soon to tell...

Reviewed 2017-02-26

You asked for my impressions within 24 hours of receiving my login, so I can't possibly provide a complete review, but I'm happy to answer your question of what inspired me to choose Brilliant Directories. #1 The sample directories look fantastic. #2 You convinced me it would be easier than WordPress. #3 Getting a coupon made it seem like a very good deal. #4 You returned my call on a weekend! As I look through the Admin pages it seems a bit overwhelming but I'm hoping there are enough teaching videos to take me step by step through the entire process. I learn best by examples, so please continue to add examples to your training and I can then pick the ones that relate to my project/approach. My goal, lofty as it may be, is to provide a tool that provides the hearing impaired with the opportunity to comparison shop and in the end make hearing aids, and assistive listening devices more accessible and more affordable. I believe Brilliant Directories is the right partner to make that happen.

Chad Crowther

Worth the money

Reviewed 2017-02-02

I had a few Wordpress themes in mind that I was debating on before I found brilliant directories. Other directories options may be cheaper but I personally think it's worth the extra money for the amazing functionality and design. Things I don't like, While of course there are going to be upsells like in any business. I really was shocked that they charge $247 for a SSL certificate. Pretty much everyone can get a SSL certificate for less than $10 for your first year when you purchase a domain from a registrar and they even install it for free. This I felt was super shady because SSL's are pretty much mandatory for any serious website and right from day one the cost of your website will be $247 more than you originally thought.

Racheal Tighe

Exactly what I need

Reviewed 2017-01-10

I have been looking for a solution to help me build a fitness class directory and I can't tell you how happy I am that I came across Brilliant Directories. The software has everything that I need and more and has inspired me to add features that I didn't even know I wanted. The customer service is excellent, time responsive, helpful and friendly. I am even surprising myself with my ability to set up the software relatively easily. An excellent product.

Angele Belanger

Best In The Industry

Reviewed 2016-04-06

When the Government of Canada, Department of Canadian Heritage, and the Office of French Language Services of the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care financed our interpretation application for the ministry of health, we needed to find a platform that allowed us to easily and quickly build, customize, and manage our website and mobile app landing page. We first tried using WordPress but customizing third-party themes and getting multiple plugins to work correctly with one another proved to be far too difficult and time consuming. We even rented multiple web developers to get WordPress to work for us but they were too costly and couldn't build us the website we needed. Brilliant Directories' stock Bootstrap theme is beautiful and functional and has more features than we even need (but are happy to have!). Our in-house team was able to quickly make custom design changes while maintaining the functionality of the website. We were even able to make our customized app landing page on the BD platform (http://www.accueilfrancophone.com/med-interpret)! Customer service was also top notch. We opted for their Professional Onboarding Plan which was definitely worth the money - saved us loads of time and helped get us up to speed on the platform. Now our team can manage the website without a problem. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect solution. The entire team here at l'Accueil francophone is thrilled with Brilliant Directories and our investors are happy that we were able to get the website and app landing page launched quickly. Feel free to take a look at our website: http://www.accueilfrancophone.com/

Steve Zukowski

Surprisingly simple and extremely powerful

Reviewed 2015-09-12

I've been building directories for six years now, used almost all of the word press based themes and plug ins, even went as far as hiring a team to build a custom plug in for me. Nothing is even close to as well developed as Brilliant Directories. I could see how it could be a little daunting for a complete computer newbie, but anyone who can follow directions, read and click their mouse can build a beautiful, powerful search directory in minutes. At first I was a little hesitant because the price is more than competitors. But the software as a service is well worth the price, with including hosting, security, mail, and payments, it has simplified managing a directory website for me. Its so good I doubt ill ever tell anyone--no good businessman gives away his trade secrets--and Brilliant Directories is now definitely my edge over the competition. And special thanks to Dennis, we spoke multiple different times prior to me joining. He never once pressured me into buying. He has the easiest sales job ever because he doesn't need to sell since the software speaks for itself. Overall, the software is amazing (Only feature its missing is I would really like to see an internal affiliate program built--not to sell BD but to have my site users be able to refer other people to join my directory and receive a commission) and the customer service has been completely on point. Excellent job guys, Im excited for a new business relationship with you. Im already searching for more brand names and domains to create more directories because its so easy to manage.

Christine Strong

Work Smart Instead of Hard

Reviewed 2017-01-31

What could take several weeks to create from scratch can literally be done in mere hours with Brilliant Directories. Save yourself the struggle of trying to find a perfect directory theme, the frustration of digging through thousands of plug ins to find the "right" one for your project, and stop dealing with sub-par support materials and forums. Get started with Brilliant Directories today.

Martin Figg

What made me choose Brilliant Directories

Reviewed 2016-06-25

Having spent a lot of time researching a wide range of directory systems, based on both wordpress and others, we initially started our project using a wordpress solution. We quickly discovered though that we needed a multitude of different plugins to achieve what we wanted - and with that came our big learning curve. Trying to get them to work together whilst building the site became difficult to say the least. This led us back to Brilliant Directories and a much deeper look at their solution and features. After signing up for and 'attending' one of their webinars our decision was easy and we switched our project to Brilliant Directories, something we are very confident will be proved to be the right decision.

Ramon Minino

Its a no brainer

Reviewed 2017-01-16

I have to say that when I came up with the idea for my website, I did tons of research. Naturally when I came to Brilliant Directories I was full of questions about features, product, services, implementation and much more. my rep was super helpful and patient with my questioning. He made sure I had a good understanding and pointed out some resources where I would be able to find additional information. The price point again was a no brainier due to the additional benefits I will receive. I look forward to growing my business and sharing in that success with you guys. As I grow so will my business needs, I have no doubt that you guys will be able to help me! Now back to planning!! Business Plan and Marketing plan!

Tim Neaves

Great solution to a membership website

Reviewed 2016-12-05

Easy to customize without any knowledge. I love this, everything you could possibly need to be successful. They don't nickel and dime you. Everything you need one price.

G E

So far so good

Reviewed 2016-01-25

My experience so far with the set-up of my first directory is going well. There is a learning curve but compared to other directory solutions, I cannot imagine there is a more straightforward solution on the market, particularly for what you get with the upfront cost. My first project is not a standard directory so time will tell as far as Brilliant Directory's capacity to meet my needs. Pros: lots of encouragement and tips; lots of training videos; offers great opportunity to self-produce a standard directory with virtually no help at all. Cons: intitial encouragement emails are clearly templates but are designed to feel personal. However, when you receive an email from someone who you have just spoken to on the phone that has no relation to the phone call, it comes across as a little fake. Suggestion: I believe the next big thing in directories is in the promotion of non-geographical internet only businesses, professionals, vloggers, bloggers, resources etc. There is no standard package for this mode of directory. I think Brilliant Directories would do well to focus on this and provide specific packages aimed at this field.

Stephen Edhouse

Have not started using it yet, but have had an in depth look at the demos, videos and support qs

Reviewed 2016-05-30

On surface level it seems very comprehensive and should speed up development of a directory site much better than independent modules and messing around setting them up. One Con may be that it is not built on top of wordpress, which makes a lot of our other modules and software we use redundant (we are developers and have many favourite modules we use for various parts of site building unrelated to the directories themselves), even though ultimately we may need to use something. so will have to find stand-alone html modules for special features. This means editing and tweaking and web work will probably be slower on this platform than if it was on top of wordpress.....however i bought the package as on balance the time savings from core directory features will most likely outweigh lost time on customisation and html work we need to do. Of course as brilliant directories is upgraded then we will need less and less hand coding to get it looking how we want.... Send me this survey again in 8-12 weeks once we start using it and see what i think. p.s. Excellent follow-ups about the payment issue I had, I know time zone differences make this hard for an Australian Client, but appreciate the effort made and the compensation offered to turn this into a pleasant experience after an initial issue, well done, plus getting a personal phone call as well as an email also makes a huge difference, Excellent customer service thank you.

Yakin Shah

Best software to build a business directory

Reviewed 2019-02-05

All the tools needed to launch a directory in same day

Ken Gardner

Much more than just software, it's a whole system of excellent training, support, and improvement.

Reviewed 2017-06-15

It's practical and easy to use.

Peter Young

So easy to use

Reviewed 2017-01-25

I had purchased a wordpress directory theme and was trying to set it up. What a nightmare. It looked horrible, it was difficult to use, I even tried hiring someone to help and they had a tough time navigating it. So I tried Brilliant Directories 14 day free trial to see if there was much of a difference. It was like night and day. I didn't need a programmer, or a fiverr gig or anyone to help. I was able to do it myself. Easy to use, great tutorials, I am so glad I tried it. Thank you.

Ginny Grulke

Affordable way to start your own website business!

Reviewed 2017-01-01

I recently bought a lifetime license to Brilliant Directories on behalf of a nonprofit organization I am involved with. It is the second time I bought this software for a nonprofit. My experience each time made me confident that the company provides excellent services, good training and tutorials, and on top of that is in a range of affordability even for new nonprofit organizations. And there is almost unlimited growth with this system, so an organization is not boxing itself in by choosing a less expensive system which they will have to replace as they grow. Brilliant Directories should be able to take any organization or business as far "down the road" as they choose to go.

Lisa Hendricks

Goodbye Wordpress - Hello Brilliant Directories

Reviewed 2018-05-21

Processing member monthly payments works simply and I get reports on past due payments. The setup was very easy, what i like most is that it's centered around generating revenue from paying members. After the setup i was ready to start billing members for their memberships and buying leads, also special banner ad placements around the site.

Andrew Jacobs

Best Directory Platform with Best Service

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Excellent experience and they continue to get better.

Dan Hall

Just Starting Out

Reviewed 2017-01-23

I am just starting out but I like the layout and features I have seen. I am excited to develop my site. I think someone with basic WordPress and cPanel knowledge can grasp the basics of setting up their own site.

Robert Montgomery

Best Directory Service

Reviewed 2016-06-25

Nice Onboarding process - Very clear instructions to setup a new website from scratch. Especially enjoy the video tutorials.

Erin Mallory

Launched my directory in minutes

Reviewed 2013-02-20

I recommend requesting a demonstration with Matt so he can show you exactly how the software works and how it will automate your business so you can focus on marketing and selling. They have so many amazing built in features that you have to see to believe. They also have marketing and web design services you can resell to your members in addition to making money on the listings and selling of leads.

Richie Dido

Dennis is a GEM!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Started with a wordpress inspired theme for business listing but when I came to know about BD and its features, I was sold. Thanks for Going the Extra Mile Dennis.

Christopher Turner

Kudos to Dennis Tinerino

Reviewed 2017-02-02

I worked with one of the cusutomer support representative on getting my company set up with Brilliant Directories and the experience was great. He explained the product and services well and kept me informed on new developments, opportunities and news, which helped me to make an informed decision to join. I have not fully dived off into this system and setting up my site but there were an adequate amount of tutorials and information provided to walk me through each process to ensure success so I'm confident that I should not have any issues moving forward with Brilliant Directories. Support has been great thus far and by that measure I'm anticipating continued great customer service and support. Thanks guys!!

Ray James

Besides Excellent Product they have Excellent People

Reviewed 2014-12-12

I have commented previously on this platform about this wonderful software. Since I did not have enough room in my previous post I returned to continue where i left off. more now about the people at Brilliant Directories. In a few words again; the software is awesome. After having muddled through other similar software's, this one is like a breath of fresh air. Amazingly easy to use , robust, rich of features and incredible support. One my main reason to have purchased this software was the people and their transparency. The instrumental person was Dennis Tinerino (Customer Success Director). The title is so apt for this chap; he oozes success and was extremely patient with 101 questions that I had for him. Never once did he loose his cool or show any sort of annoyance as I kept bombarding him with all sorts of inquires. With Dennis, he tells you like it is; upfront and clear. He was kind enough to share links to various ideas, techniques and suggestions to get me started. Although he had an opportunity to up sell me, he did not. Which I truly appreciated. We all know at the end of the day, it is people who you connect with that help you succeed and that is what I felt with Dennis. All I can say; I am glad I connected with him, which helped me make my decision (a correct one) to select Brilliant Directories to launch my business. Good luck to all.

Jennifer Bracy

And the Search Stops with Brilliant Directories!!

Reviewed 2016-11-26

I sell software to school districts and colleges for a living, and In my opinion, Brilliant Directories is one of the most impressive platforms I have ever seen. I evaluated BD for over a year, and quite frankly, it is the most technologically advanced directory software on the market today. But it doesn't stop there. Although BD is so ahead of the game and is feature packed, it is simple enough for anyone to comprehend and use. No need to feel intimidated by this software. It is user friendly, and to top it off BD also lays out an extensive database of training videos and other great tools to help you succeed. The team at BD has thought of everything, literally. Most importantly, the software works as it should, and you can rely on BD consistent functionality. If you are looking for the 'best' platform on the market to build your dream with and the 'best' chance at success, you 'need' BD!

Bob Hennessey

Brilliant is the Word!

Reviewed 2016-12-09

My experience in purchasing and using Brilliant Directory software has been a delight. This software is extremely powerful with tons of capability and most importantly flexibility. Great help from service team who helped me evaluate Brilliant Directory software for my application. This software is great!

Michael Melton

It truly is brilliant

Reviewed 2016-03-01

I've spent the better part of a year working with various directory systems, mostly built on WordPress. These systems were buggy, slow, expensive, and prone to plugin breakage. It was a frustrating experience getting them to work. I was skeptical of Brilliant Directories until I tried it out. Wow! With their system, I had a working directory in minutes that was fast and simply worked. One of the great things about their system is that it's incredibly customizable. They've built their system on a widget platform that allows you to not only customize any part of the site, but you can use your own PHP and javascript code to create your own functionality. There have been a few times when I've needed some help with their system, and I've found that their support team is very quick and efficient with ticket requests. They have a nice knowledge base and community forum that answers a lot of your questions. Brilliant Directories has enabled me to stop wasting time on difficult WordPress systems and actually get to work building my directory. I wish I had discovered this service earlier.

Branden Criss

THE BEST MEMBERSHIP SOFTWARE EVER!

Reviewed 2017-04-08

WOW is all I can say, as a developer and marketing/tech company this software has changed my life. I now have a tool that I can use to help my clients build the website of their dreams. Not only are the features incredible but the customer support is #AMAZING. I have three sites from Brilliant Directories and I plan on having 5-10 by the end of the year. I have even learned some new tricks about coding just by being a part of the BD Community. I highly recommend Brilliant Directories to anybody who's looking to start their own online directory website. Check out one of my sites www.wannagowithme.com and see for yourself, Thank You Brilliant Directories not only for helping me make money but by hepling me change the lives of my clients and by helping them provide a valued service to their clients. #TEAMBRILLIANTDIRECTORIES

P. Richardson

Excellent company--great customer service. Intuitive, highly customizable directory interface.

Reviewed 2014-12-31

I have had the pleasure of working with Dennis Tinerino over the past couple of weeks in securing five brand new directory websites. I had worked with him earlier this year when he helped me set up two directories and again most recently this December. In every interaction with Brilliant Directories, he has consistently risen above my expectations and provided me with truly exemplary customer service. Dennis has even worked both after-hours and on weekends to ensure that the elements necessary to my success were provided for me (I can't guarantee he can do this with everyone'just to mention that this was what happened in my case.) I must also extend this commendation to other members of the Brilliant team. Without exception, every person I've interacted with has been at the top of their game and I have no reservations whatsoever in recommending their service to anyone who is thinking about setting up their own directory(s). If you're ready to go, it's likely that you can have your new directory website up and running within 24 hrs or less. I've found the user interface to be simple to use and also highly customizable and the technical staff are here to help you every step of the way. Feel free to try other services. When you come back, contact Dennis ;) All the best, Patrick Richardson

Paul Palmer

Adding second directory

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-01-12

Good, The support staff helped me out and honored the 2 for 1 deal I signed up for back in April 2015. When I went to the dashboard, I did find it annoying not to find the Admin Account easily so I could change my temporary password. I think I found it eventually in the support page. Not sure why it is not in an obvious place on the dashboard.

Jeff Beilinson

Started off rocky but much better now

Reviewed 2015-07-30

Dennis did a great sales job. He answered all my questions and also provided links to policies and videos and got back to me within 24 hrs. After the sale I was a bit lost. The videos I watched before getting started did not make much sense to me because my admin panel was different than the one I was viewing on the videos. The previously answered questions were also confusing given my different looking panel. The system of tickets is good to be sure that all issues are answered but sometimes you just need to talk to an actual person to explain yourself properly. I would love to have a life line to a real person or a call back system. (with the expected time to receive your tech call) Things turned around for me dramatically with Patrick's help. He explained my confusion was due to the buggy Bootstrap theme. I like the latest technology but this time I much preferred the classic stable theme. Patrick explained what was happening and reset my site with "classic" theme and things have been waaaay better. He also suggested getting my site as far along as I could, make notes on changes I dont know how to do and then call for a training session. I will definitively do this. I was a fan of BD, then I wasn't at all, and now I'm back! Thanks Patrick!

Michael Taft

Excellent experience! All of my questions were answered and the staff was eager to learn my needs.

Reviewed 2017-08-18

Ease of use for the front end user

andrew jacob

Brilliant Directories Is An Absolute A+

Reviewed 2013-09-27

Brilliant Directories is amazing. From the first moment I reached out to them through their website, the experience has been terrific. The system is the cleanest directory system available in the market today, bar none. The people at Brilliant Directories are top-notch, and are always ready to assist in every way possible. I have worked with a lot of companies, both as a business owner and international business consultant, and I can truly say that the Brilliant Directory team understands what a "great user experience" really means. My point person at BD is Jeff Wyatt. Jeff has been a pleasure to work with, has always gone above and beyond the call of duty for me, and has done everything in his power to make my experience with BD world class. If you are considering going into the directory business, I would highly recommend talking the experts at BD. Jason, Matthew, and their team truly care about their customers. Simply put, you would be hard-pressed to find a better directory team, or directory technology, in the world today. Andy Jacob CEO Jacob Consulting Group http://www.AndyJacob.com

Steve DeAses

Great software! Lots of back-end support for managing members and your business!

Reviewed 2017-01-14

The platform has good tools for establishing pricing packages and member features. It also has email templates for communicating with members. Another great monetization feature is the Lead Generation tool. I also like the availability of a Developer Marketplace where I can find developers who are familiar with the platform and can customize my website the way I want it. My "Customer Success Agent" (sales agent) was very nice to work with, and she ("CJ") spent 1.5 hours on the phone with me explaining the capabilities of the software and getting me comfortable with the purchase. I'll be getting more familiar with software as I populate and customize my directory, but I've had a good experience so far.

Donald Leske Sr.

GREAT product - just be aware of the pitfalls!

Reviewed 2014-12-28

This is a great new product if you have the time to go through a learning curve. The owners and training coaches are very understanding and helpful, I have liked working with Ernesto. The basic system is genius in its concept, however I believe that this Brilliant Directories product will be only good for those who can dedicate a lot of time to adding their own content, photos, write their own articles and ensure it is viable in the marketplace. If you want it now, hot and fast then be careful... Their training is really good, unless you suddenly find that your site has grown beyond their expectations and they tell you it is now a "custom site" and their training is not going to work as expected....... hummm. However as a new user and having paid them for extra coaching, I now find that these guys are so busy with "other" clients that they have very limited time to help me....even if I offer to pay them. Plus, as with so many other companies, no one works holidays like I do. Am I mad or crazy? Nope, just dedicated to my passion and dream. I am already an accomplished webmaster and... I need help? Still, for basic users who can see how great this product is. It works well. Just ask questions and get promises in writing.

Erica Alexander

Super user-friendly!

Reviewed 2013-10-21

I highly recommend Brilliant Directories for anyone who is interested in starting a directory website. Both their software and customer support are first class! I've been interested in holistic health for a number of years. I've found it hard to track down reputable holistic health care providers, so last year I decided to create a web site where holistic practitioners can list their services (and eventually get rated). This would be helpful not only to me, but tons of folks worldwide who prefer a holistic approach to healthcare. I first started trying to code the site on my own using an 'easy' plugin, but realized it was never was going to be what I envisioned. I then tried to hire a developer to create the website for me. I got several quotes from curiously cheap to very expensive. In general, I found them difficult to communicate with and didn't feel that they understood what I was looking for. Luckily, I came across Brilliant Directories in a Google search. Not only did they understand what I was trying to accomplish, but they were able to execute my vision quickly. I found their customer support to be both extremely knowledgeable and patient with my questions. They even shared strategies to help get my first hundred members listed. 5-stars!

Daniel Thomas

This is simply a business in a box and ready to go!

Reviewed 2015-08-17

I have spent months reviewing all the softwares here on Capterra and many other forums and have have so much feedback to share about them all. I particularly choose Brilliant Directories first because to review because they were the most pleasant to deal with and got in touch with me right away and answered dozens of my questions day after day. I spoke to their competitors and they actually bashed them and were more interested in a sale rather than my needs. Brilliant Directories gives you everything you need for one price and it's ready to go right away. Other softwares I reviewed prior to my Brilliant Directories purchase took a long time to set up and they all require developers and paid hosting and no support. Being able to contact a company and get an answer in a timely manner means the world to me, and Brilliant Directories has certainly done that every time I contacted them. My site was setup by me in a just a few days with zero programming and all i did was watch the videos to set everything up and got included training on topics i got stuck on. I definitely recommend these guys to anyone who wants to get launched and online very quickly without any headaches and wants a smooth and clean design. Thank you.

Mary Collings

It's Called Brilliant for a Reason...

Reviewed 2016-12-22

I researched, I spent hours trying out demos and (like many other reviewers) I went for a WP option. BIG mistake. I wasted so many months trying to make my bad choice work - but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear (quaint English saying). Throughout it all, I kept coming back to BD - drooling over what they offered. And, at last, here I am - right where I should have started. I don't want you to make the BIG mistake that I did and I don't want you to waste so much time - like I did. WP is a wonderful CMS but it isn't the best choice for a Directory site. I can say this because I've tried it...and tried it... Specifics? Plugins don't always offer what you want to achieve and some of those that look helpful make WP buggy. Not impressive to potential customers. BD are experts in their field and so, at last, I can create the Directory that I vizualised in my head, offer the best to my customers and add value to my website. Pro's: Their customer service is superb so I feel supported and part of a really good team. Cons: I just wish I'd made the right choice months ago.

Paul McCoy

The support staff is great and contact is easy.

Reviewed 2017-07-01

I can experiment with launch a business with a professional package without risking a lot of capital.

Geoff Finlay

Mysouthwest and BD Partnership

Reviewed 2014-08-28

What a pleasurable experience working with Brilliant Directories has been. Both in terms of the directory software and the people behind the name. We had to move over 4000 paying customers from a 10 year old purpose built proprietary platform which had out lived its usefulness to Brilliant Directories software platform. Normally this type of venture has potential for a disaster and trying to find the right solution is a night mare, however it has been a great experience finding and work with BD software and their team. It performed excellently to easily integrate our current workflow, features and performance, making it a seamless exercise to integrate and migrate our existing members to BD. PROS: Very affordable, feature rich, very flexible in customisation of functionality and a great backup and support team. CONS: Financial module has some limitations and a some what dated front end look & style for most themes. BD is already great and like fine wine I believe BD will mature over time to become an even greater directory platform. I would highly recommend Brilliant Directories to anyone looking for a superior directory software platform and a brilliant backup & support team.

Abdul Malik Mohd Hussin

World Directory site ranked 3rd on Google search!!

Reviewed 2014-07-18

My World Directory site is now ranked 3rd on Google search!! I am very glad to have engaged Brilliant Directories to host my www.world.directory site. My site was ranked number 16, 000, 000+(sixteen million+) only two weeks ago (for the keyword 'world directory') on Google search, just before I hosted my site with brilliantdirectories.com. I did not at all expect my site to be ranked 3rd on Google search just after 2 weeks my site was hosted by Brilliant Directories. I do not have any knowledge on how SEO (Search Engine Optimization) works but all the setup process was done for me by the Brilliant Directories team! I was having the impression that only sites with the .COM tld will be ranked top on Google search but the Brilliant Directories team proved me wrong. I am very pleased with the very brilliant customer service support that I continuously receive from your team. The period of time that I thought would take years for my site to be ranked top on Google search only took me 2 weeks!! I would like to express my sincerest appreciation to all of the people in the Brilliant Directories team for making my dream a reality!! Keep up the great work guys!! God bless!! :D

Nathan Wall

Very happy with the service provided!!!

Reviewed 2015-01-27

Generally i have been very satisfied with the level of service provided. I found that the site is not quite as 'simple' to configure/design as it was initially made out to be, but i am no expert in web design which may have something to do with it. The level of ongoing support provided more than makes up for this, there is always great advice and ideas on the community section and my directory coach Warnner provides exceptional and prompt service, always happy to help no matter how big or small the issue may be. The only suggestions i could make to improve the services is for the development team to look at and implement some of the ideas provided by people on the community more frequently as some are very good ideas, and the other disappointment was the initial shock to discover the costs for BD developers to add non-standard additions to the directory can be quite high, this was not made very clear when i first signed up, i thought additions would generally be included in the ongoing investment. Overall very happy with the end result, the high level of ongoing support and outstanding customer service by the BD team, highly recommend their services!!

Ronan Leonard

Some of the features dont work

Reviewed 2014-03-06

Signed up for the elite package with many of the features. Implementation has taken longer than expected. The functionality is mostly there but the knowledge database is poor (its there online help system) and several of the widgets don't work correctly (advised they only work on static pages so many instances where we cannot use them) Overall they have been prompt and helpful but really need a comprehensive guide on how to edit the site.

Martha Nalepa

ODFF Review

Reviewed 2014-06-10

Overall I'm very pleased with the product. It is feature rich! However, elements such as a blog page are not an out of the box feature. These days everyone has a blog page on their business website. It would be nice to have that feature integrated into the backend instead of having to create a separate WP blog and then having BD set up a link to it. Regarding ease of use, it's a huge help if a user knows html and css in order to make edits. It was not made clear in the sales process that this knowledge would be helpful. If a user does not know html and css, then the customization hours and fees can rack up quickly. The customer service has been outstanding once I reach someone. I would prefer having a specific account manager that I can go to for my questions. Often there is a delay of anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days to get a response from an email or phone request. I would like an account manager with a direct email address to that person and know that the account manager is very familiar with my site. The product is great and the more I learn about the backend the more comfortable I get with the overall system. Great job !!!

Robert Wenger

Brilliant Directories made the decision easy

Reviewed 2017-03-20

The team at BD were very helpful during the whole decision making process. They answered all of our questions and were patient with us as we tried to determine whether BD would work for us in our search for a way to transition our 12 year directory website to something better. We are excited about being able to get upgraded technology and the ability to make simple changes without engaging a high cost web developer for every little thing. The help videos on a wide range of relevant subjects and the regularly scheduled webinars are very helpful. At first We were concerned that the features combined with the reasonable pricing looked like it was too good to be true but so far we have found that it is living up to the promises.

Hamid Azizi

Great Easy Way to Bring your vision to reality

Reviewed 2017-02-28

It was a great way to finally get the project moving forward. It is functional practical and the one wee free trial helped me to take the system for a little test drive before making full commitment.

Sunil Ramlochan

Overall Good Experience Thus Far

Reviewed 2017-02-21

It's been good. The customer service could be a little more timely. Customer support representative answered all my questions and was patient until I felt comfortable purchasing.

Jennifer Hensley

Setting up my site

Reviewed 2016-08-15

I think software is amazing, but a little more daunting for those of us to use who are no as tech-friendly. My hope is to have my site up and rolling soon. The kickstart plan us good as it guves you an idea of what to do each of the 4 weeks. What I am not clear about, is where the articles mentioned in week 4 of the launch plan are. I have a done a search in the solution center, but am not finding.."Getting your first 100 members" or how to search for the others on week 4.

Jane Hubble

Just Brilliant!

Reviewed 2016-05-26

Our company owns a successful, printed local business directory in Perth, Western Australia. In order to take the directory to the next level, we needed to find a good on-line solution. After checking out several on-line directory offerings we discovered Brilliant Directories. And it is just that - brilliant! The incredible level of support, the ability to get into the back-end and have a look around prior to purchase and the overall user-friendliness of this software is fantastic. As marketers and designers rather than developers, we were a little concerned that we would need to employ outside help to build the site. However, after checking out the extensive library of support videos and the availability of a purchasable onboarding package we are confident that we will be able to complete the task ourselves! Thank you Kelvin - your timely response to all our queries made our decision to purchase so much easier. If you are looking to become an influencer in your niche directory field, we would certainly recommend you investigate Brilliant Directories.

Matt Hepburn

Awesome Software & Company

Reviewed 2014-02-20

I spent close to 12 months of investigation into directory software that I would use to deploy my new directory. It came down to two systems, e-directory and brilliant directories. At first I was leaning toward e-directory as I could host the software myself. When it came down to a decision I fired up each demo side by side to see how the back end would work. It turned out to be a two minute choice. Brilliant directories had all of the things I wanted and needed and the back end was clear. Now that I have gone through the process and worked with the brilliant directories team, I have to say just how impressed I am with them. I worked with several people on the team very closely, Jason Haloos, Denis J. Tinerino and Patrick Brunelle.These hard working gentleman have made my directory a reality. I had certain custom requirements I needed added to my directory. I never felt they missed a beat. Jason is the co-founder and an amazing software designer. I absolutely know that I made the right choice hands down. I am extremely impressed with the customer service and the quick turn around times.

Gordon Wilson

I have just setup my online directory

Reviewed 2015-03-29

I have had an excellent experience using this product thus far. It was very easy to setup a basic version of my online directory. Putting up a logo for my website was simple and setting up the categories and subcategories took less than an hour. I am in the process of recruiting members now. I will work on making minor changes to the overall look and some of the content in the next few weeks. I am also looking forward to tweaking some of the search settings. Because my directory is for businesses that have a brick and mortar home office but actually work in several states, I will need to find the best way to communicate this information to visitors of my site. If a visitor/customer is located in Nevada and needs work performed in Nevada, they may be able to employ a company from California or Idaho, but of course the customer will begin their search near their hometown. I am confident, because of the sophistication I have already seen in this software, that I will find a solution to this (I simply haven't even begun to look; all things in due time!). So far, A+. Keep up the good work.

Chris Polster

Innovativeness, Quality, and Service

Reviewed 2017-04-20

I have been developing a business using Brilliant Directories, searching and evaluating software for more than a year to find a solution that would satisfy my specific and unusual needs, finally settling on Brilliant Directories. It is the most advanced and adaptable directory software on the market. The BD software enhancements made, practically in front of my eyes, over the past year are amazing! The video tutorials are very helpful, and the video library is expanding. The learning resources created by Brilliant Directories, especially the weekly webinars, are also really helpful. Most recently, I had an audit with the Brilliant Directories team, (thank you Francella), which also yielded great results. Francella had 'work around' ideas, and developer recommendations. The audit is a wonderful service opportunity. I just cannot say enough about the quality of service and responsiveness that goes along with a software that speaks for itself when in full use. Thanks again, and I look forward to more great ideas coming from your company.

Richard Ninji

Brilliant product, super fast setup and great customer support

Reviewed 2015-10-03

First, I have admired this directory a little over a year ago. I consider myself mid level experience in web design. I am very proficient with Wordpress and Drupal but Brilliant Directory is far less complicated. The day I found this directory sometime around June 2014, it was the most beautiful directory I ever saw at that time even without trying out the admin demo. If I didn't buy this directory a year ago it was because of price was a little on the steep side. Now that I own this directory I now know why it was pricy. The numerous video tutorials associated with this product is worth more than the cost of this directory considering that several scripts out there charge exorbitant sums with very little guidelines or customer support. No Directory theme or directory in the market today comes even close to this product. Marco was awesome; He has pushed me to the limits in explaining why this directory is the best; initially I thought it was one of those marketing calls/emails; but now that I finally pulled the trigger, I see why many are dyeing for this product.

Shenita Cooper

Very Satisfied Customer

Reviewed 2017-01-31

Although the support staff and I initially played phone tag I appreciate him hanging in there and walking me through the process. The customer service and support are unparalleled. I wish more companies value potential clients as you. Now that I am a client I look forward to a great, lasting partnership.

Susie Redfern

Getting started

Reviewed 2017-01-10

Brilliant Directories was right on the ball on sending Launch Plan emails and they have oodles of useful videos on all aspects of launching a directory site. I'm a bit disappointed on their follow-through regarding a 1-hour coaching session I'm said to have won; it's been 5 days since the last email I received about this and I'm starting to wonder if I will ever receive this or just be left to muddle through as best I can using the videos.

Matthew Daum

For a non programmer this seems easy to get into. Already in one night I have a good base website.

Reviewed 2017-07-05

I can see it working well. From our Facebook page we have a lot of interest in our subject and people want to get in touch with business that can service them well.

Darren B

Best Directory Theme By A Mile!!!

Reviewed 2016-10-28

Searched online for many months before coming across Brilliant Directories. The overall layout and multiple options available for not only the directory owner, but more importantly their customers is unrivaled. Also BD customer support is also outstanding. It's great doing business with REAL professionals who are passionate about what they do.

Clechara Kendrick

Beyond Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed 2014-12-19

The Customer Service from Dennis has always been excellent! Since I have first reached out to him months ago this year 2014 to inquire about Brilliant Directories after searching online for directory scripts he has always answered every question and has went beyond assisting me which I know personally from my experience in Customer Service and Sales is hard to come by. Because of Dennis kindness I prefer Brilliant Directories over any competitor. Not only are Dennis responses by email original they are carefully written and not automated! The pros of Brilliant Directory is that since June 2014 and based on now December 2014 I can truly see how Brilliant Directory has transformed by offering more features and staying ahead of competition by providing more innovative online options. Although; I was sure that I would choose Brilliant Directories because of Dennis kindness, professionalism and integrity I am now confident after the transformation of Brilliant Directories - Brilliant Directories has all the features I desire to build an online directory!

Sara Orzel

Best Directory Software

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-04-06

This company have changed the way our business works, we can make changes with an instant effect and even includes a free mailbox. There customer support is amazing.

Jason Moore

Business Directory Software that Saved the Day

Reviewed 2013-02-20

We did a lot of research for directory website software, we even lost a lot of money in the beginning with systems that were not as robust. We are more than pleased and highly recommend Brilliant Directories as an all-in-one directory and marketing system. You guys did an amazing job.

Rob Knight

Could not be happier!

Reviewed 2017-03-15

I was trying for so long to get my site built. There were so many different providers who tried & failed to give me what I wanted. Then I came across brilliant directories! They did it with ease.The support staff was really good at following me up, he was honest & knowledgable. My customer service agent was amazing, nothing was too hard for her to do, she was very friendly & helpful. The site is now exactly what I wanted. I really could not be happier!

Rich U

Overall of the best.

Reviewed 2016-02-16

Pros: -Great support staff -Easy to get started -I know it will be worth every penny once I complete the initial setup -Much better than the competition: more features, better service, more expandable Cons: -More front end customization options would be great. There are items that do not seem to have much customization capability from the front end and require coding changes. *unless I am missing something in the admin panel -I'd like to see more options for the listing profile template- renaming tabs, reordering what is seen first, etc. Overall this is absolutely the best product of its kind. The Cons I listed are not necessarily negative, just things I would like to be quicker to alter and get running. Everything works as promised, the folks within the company are great and quite helpful. I'll be purchasing another directory site from Brilliant Directories the future

Jennifer Murray

so far so great,...

Reviewed 2017-02-17

so far so great, I think that more videos for a little more in depth would be great. Overall I was able to set up my site pretty quick, the final details are taking up a bit more time. I am sure that I will figure it all out. thanks!

cicley armstrong

THEASTYLIST.COM

Reviewed 2017-03-06

I have been playing with the widgets and because I'm not tech savvy its a little hard to make or add changes but I feel comfortable there is support .I appreciated rep starting my platform off with the features I mainly wanted so that left less for me to tweak. Overall I am highly satisfied and am excited.

Brian Mathews

NEW MEMBER, JUST SIGNED UP TODAY!

Reviewed 2015-09-21

Pros: I am familiar with website design; therefore, I combed the website thoroughly for all of the details that it could offer me in my business venture. Short answer is: "It has most all of what I need for my chosen business niche! " I had a few questions before signing up and they were all answered via returned phone call. Dennis was informative and very helpful in clearing those questions up for me. Cons: I rated "Ease of Use" with a 4 Star simply because: 1) I personally have web design experience and 2) I know there is people out there whom will need help otherwise and it will take some time to familiar themselves with the overall experience of what this software can do for them. My overall experience has yet to be tested since I am a new member today. But I am confident, from all of the info I've gathered leading up to this point about Brilliant Directory, this is by far the best solution that meets my needs better than anything out there on the market today.

Nasser Gazi

So far, not bad

Reviewed 2015-12-28

On the positive side, Brilliant Directories is very easy, in fact effortless, to initially get up and running. That's good. On the negative side, I'm finding it difficult to understand how to customize the system according to my needs. I am a web developer with years of experience with php, javacscript, SQL Server, etc. I just a simple set of documentation which tells me how I can access the source code, and what the API is (if there is one). The Customer Service response time is very fast, and so far they have been very good at helping with DNS changes. However, with regards to customization, so far I have only received responses telling me it can't be done, or I have to ask for a quote in the marketplace, or I have to spend $100 of my allowance to set up a call with an expert. I am a web developer! I want to do this stuff myself. Please help me out here. (I've already paid a reasonable amount of money. If I need something that I can't do myself then, rest assured, I'll pay you more). Thank you.

Kelly Kenney

Thanks for checking in!

Reviewed 2016-01-19

The site came with premade widgets most of which look great. Please see below the one that is a problem. Looks like you misspelled Local Family Owned and for some reason spelled it Local family Owneds? I attempted to fix your mistake by watching the video "how to edit premade widgets" and it showed me exactly what to do which was open widget and edit text only problem is when I open to edit text all the wording is done in code? YOUR PREMADE WIDGET: bootstrap theme - member results - page title Pizza in Bellingham, , United States Bellingham, United States' Top Rated Pizza LFO = Local Family Owneds

Ken Kagan

Excellent Directory Software with many good features included

Reviewed 2016-11-22

After researching various methods of setting up an online music directory I decided on Brilliant Directories because it includes many useful features. Other online directory services make you pay extra for some of the functionality or get third party modules for many features that are included with BD. BD can also be customized from top to bottom. The BD software is not the most user friendly (not WYSIWYG software), it helps if you have some tech experience. They have given a lot of thought and planning in the execution of their SaaS to create a "Brilliant" software product. Access to cPanel is a very useful feature as well. I look forward to making MusicXS @ MusicDirectory.com a long term success with Brilliant Directories!

Greg Campisi

Best Directory Software available

Reviewed 2016-05-14

I researched and tested several Directory products for Wordpress. All of them had significant faults, and none allowed upgrades or downgrades to the existing directory using recurring payments. Then I found Brilliant Directories which is going to save us from a huge problem we would have had using other software. I wasn't sure about stepping away from Wordpress, but the system Brilliant Directories has built is top notch and backed by quality professional sales and support. I would like the system to allows more customization without needing a coder, but in all honesty, it's easier working on their system then dealing with a whole list of issues that comes with having hosting, theme, and several different plugins all by different people with different support systems, all blaming each other when something doesn't work in Wordpress. And I get lifetime support for buying out the product up front. Worth every dollar. Thank you for building such a great product!