Brilliant Directories Reviews

Pros

Brilliant Directories is by far the best membership site on the web. They offer a fully integrated solution that enables you to start a membership directory business in as little as 2 days.

Christopher K.

They are professional and have excellent technology that fits my needs. Their platform allows for users to monetize it and Brilliant Directories is not counting my potential revenue.

Bill K.

I have been using Brilliant Directories for 5 years and it just keeps getting better. Love the Facebook group, Webinars and client contact.

Terence F.

Cons

No page templates to choose from. Html coded) - No Trial/Free membership - Sitemap not working with search engines.

Robert M.

A little concerned about the 10gigs of space and bandwidth, that seems very low for a directory.

Robert L.

Sandy D.

After long research I found this perfect solution to build a moving platform

Pros

It is very easy to create a platform. It is like a modular system. The support is perfect. That is why you don't need IT staff. Also, price-performance is outstanding. You can use it as a directory and also as a lead generating system. Also, as a classified website. The dashboard is very well structured. I can write a book about the pros.

Cons

There are no real cons. I have now 6 websites with Brilliant Directory.

If You Demand the Best - Look No Further

AS far as a business relationship goes, I have never been treated more professionally by any other company that I have dealt with online. I feel appreciated, respected, and valued as a long-time customer. The integrity of everyone that I have dealt with over the years is beyond reproach. The personal attention I always receive and effort put forth to do the best they can by their clients is unsurpassed. I cannot speak highly enough about their complete professionalism.

Pros

My directories have become the backbone of my business. The years that I have invested in learning how to maximize the constantly growing list of features and expanded capabilities have made my investment in the BD platform one of the most solid business decisions I have ever made in my inline career. Knowing that my search for the perfect platform to use as a foundation on which to build my business has allowed me to grow and prosper in a fiercely competitive marketplace.

Cons

The inability to build high-end landing pages that render beautifully in mobile view. While there have been improvements in this area, there is still a long way to go. I hope capability gets serious attention in the new year.

Very Impressive Directory System

Hopefully this is an opportunity to launch a particular tricky directory project I had in mind for years. Can’t wait to get started!

Pros

Having had a first look around their backend I am seriously excited! Most turnkey directory platforms are way too limited to run anything that’s remotely scalable. BrillianDirectories is different. I can see there’s an entire eco-system of extensions available and even their core modules leave little to be desired. You can build a fully customized directory and never worry about lengthy development, hosting, or updating plugins. Apropos development, I am eager to explore their backend access for Tier 5 customers. With MySQL database access I should be able to integrate their backend with existing sites I run.

Cons

While the initial cost for a new site development is low, I have yet to see how their metered-usage pricing effects bottomline once my sites become more popular.

Starting your directory reality for the Entrepreneur

Pros

I really loved the fact that, budget didn't stop me from purchasing the software. They will work with you as long as you keep an open dialogue of communication. You are able to see a demo of the software before purchase. The website is fresh with good quality webpages, and does not look mediocore. You are offered all the comforts of a basic directory website for users attempting to get started. For...

Cons

Has video tutorials with how to do's that so not reflect current software uprgrades, so when watching the tutorials on how to do certain functions it does not match your version which can be very confusing for someone who does not know much about computer software. Videos are time consuming, to learn each function. If you make any errors on spelling trying to remember how to get to that part of the...

Great system from start to finish

Pros

ease of use ease of deployment pricing good developer marketplace

Cons

dynamic category layers client reporting on profile activity banner ad monetization limited

great product with loads of bells and whistles

excellent. staff excellent at resolving issues and answering queries

Pros

really happy with our decision to move from another product to brilliant directories. whilst it takes a while to get to grips with the customisation options - this product can be tailored to suit almost any membership site deployment and there is great support available to get you up and running quickly.

Cons

slightly clunky admin interface - could be more intuitive about where to find things

Right Choice!

Pros

I tried almost every membership and directory software in the industry. Overall, Brilliant Directories is the best solution for me. I used the free trial option for a week and loved it. It is so easy to use and it's an awesome product even without the VIP Add-Ons.

Cons

I'll let you know once I open it to the world. I haven't tested it with the real members yet.

Love it for two big reasons!

Loving it and loved the service. Super quick and responsive service.

Pros

There were two reasons I bought Brilliant Directories within hours of discovering it! Firstly, the software itself was far better than any other directory I had found by far (including the horrible experience of trying to build one on Wordpress with ListingPro). Secondly, the service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]called me within minutes of my inquiry and patiently walked me through the platform. She was super clear and very helpful and I "walked" away with 3 licenses!

Cons

Nothing yet - I am still building it but it's clear to me that is is excellent.

Wow, does this have lots of features...

Love it

Pros

But they are sort of the Feature Creep situation where by adding all things -- and they have a program where if we help design a new feature we can get a royalty....

Cons

Sort of complicate -- could have a better series for onboarding -- like here's a series or 12 Videos to watch -- like 10 minute videos.

It works, it looks good but it costs

So far its been simple to set up and there are a ton of resources to help

Pros

Look sick on mobile, heck looks good everywhere, easy to edit, lots of help in FB groups and CS. Lots of add on as well..

Cons

The add ons are far from affordable and it really reminds me of a popular ecom planform in that respect.

Brilliant Directories: A Brilliant, Outstanding Company!!!

Another major factor in our decision to go with Brilliant Directories was that they provide the most support on the plant! You get helpful videos from some of the best business directory experts in the US. It's is like going to BD university. Their online help universe gets you the answers you need immediately. Also, if you are still struggling, you can get help by submitting a ticket. The customer support people are great! Also, their Facebook page has a very active community that shares ideas and is there to help you 24/7. If you are looking for the whole package, killer software, great support, and an active community that is there to help you reach your goals, seriously consider Brilliant Directories as your online solution. You won't regret it.

Pros

When we first starting researching directory software, we spent a few months looking at various options in the marketplace. Since we were working with major companies in every market, It was very important that the platform be very stable, be loaded with features, and be bug-free. It needed to be solid, day one. We read all the reviews, tried all the free trials, and finally made our decision. After...

Cons

We really don't have any major or minor complaints about the software. I was expecting that something so complex, with tons of features, would be a nightmare to set up and run. I expect problems. It ended up being really easy. Most of it is was automatic. Like all high-quality software products like iPhones, or Microsoft 365, the Brilliant Directories software is elegant, solid, and VERY user-friendly. This is the one to beat!

These guys are truly passionate about letting normal people own productive and customisable websites

I managed to create a website which allows me to work from home and make some extra money to help with the bills. I created a top-notch website with no knowledge of programming or coding, thanks to the great work done behind the scenes by everyone involved with Brilliant Directories. They are truly passionate about their work, and it shows.

Pros

My previous website built by another company started falling to pieces due to the fact that the programmers wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for every comma or full stop I needed to add. I could not do any alterations myself, even though they had promised that I would own the code. In the end, I lost all my google rankings and it became ineffective. I was about to lose all my members and 3 years...

Cons

Even though Brilliant Directories offer website templates for most types of businesses, varying from Yellow pages type, to Real Estate to Events to Jobs, if you have a website concept that doesn't fit exactly into a template, then you need to do some customisation. For this you need to pay extra. The learning curve increases the more different your concept varies from the templates. There are so...

Brilliant and Caring!!!!

I'm grateful that I found brilliant directories, the fact that the support team is so patient, understanding, and eager to help my business grow is amazing. I feel like I not only found a great product, but I'm a part of a business family that's down to earth, and genuinely want my business to be successful. I'll never forget what Jason did for me, for anyone to take the time to give valuable help and advice at no cost says a lot to me about that person's character. I'm just so thankful to have found a company that's not all about just making a quick buck off of you, but that really wants to see your business succeed. Thank you so much Jason, and the entire support team, you guys are AWESOME!!!!!

Pros

I like most about this product is the ease of the video tutorials, and the prompt response from the support teams, they really helped me set up my directory with minimal stress.

Cons

I don't like that I'm not able to understand the development side of the software. Things that I'd like to implement into my site I'm not able to, because I don't know how to read codes, and scripts.

Hi Doris. We can't thank you enough for your amazing feedback. We're thrilled that you've been successful with the software. Regarding the major customizations that may require some coding, we hear your complaints. This is our development teams number one priority at the moment. We truly do appreciate your honest review. It's what helps us continue to improve the software for our amazing users like yourself :)

Good software, but must know HTML, CSS and Javascript to get the full benefit

There was definitely a learning curve with this software. I was not aware that so much HTML knowledge was necessary. Even the support is answered in a way that tells you to go in and change some HTML, which I think is misleading. I am not that knowledgeable in programming languages and I'm finding it difficult to go in and make some of the changes I need to make. The term 'widget' is also misleading....

Pros

I like the payment features, especially the fact that members can upgrade their plan on their own. I also like that the software comes with payment processing built right in. The geolocation is also a great feature.

Cons

As I stated above, too much programming knowledge is needed to get the full use of the software. I think future updates need to address this issue and help make it more user-friendly. Also, it is difficult sometimes to find where you need to go to make certain updates - the section titles are not clear.

Hi Victoria, thanks so much for your feedback! The Brilliant Directories platform was designed so that anyone, despite their experience level with HTML or CSS, can successfully launch and manage a directory website. While more complex edits and customizations do require the editing of some HTML or CSS, the majority of the website settings are either point-and-click or drag-and-drop. We truly do value your input and will be sure to keep your suggestions in mind for our future updates. Many of our upcoming updates do reflect your suggestions to incorporate even more point-and-click options that don't require any HTML or CSS knowledge. We love hearing what our users have to say so that we can continue making the platform even more easy to use. Thanks for the review!

The only Directory platform you'll want or need...

I wanted to open an online directory and did my research online. I didn't have alot of money or time and wanted something easy to setup without hours and dollars spent customising as i'm a perfectionist. Enter BrilliantDirectories.com I paid their comparatively tiny fee and placed the directory theme on my domain. The default theme is good but the ability to edit it is very easy so I spent a...

Pros

AFFORDABLE EASY TO USE NO COMPETITION GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT HIGH QUALITY TEMPLATES GOOD SEO RELIABLE SERVERS ALL BASES COVERED HIGHLY CUSTOMISABLE

Cons

NO CONS THAT COME TO MIND

Hi Paul, Thanks so much for the stunning review - we're glad your directory has taken off without a hitch! We understand how important good tech support is to our customers. We typically respond to tickets within 1 business day, though we do appreciate your understanding if it takes slightly longer. Our team is always just a click away to help make your dream website a reality. Cheers!

Confused by support emails and options

Have been getting regular emails about support. One that arrived the other day said would cost $2000. to set up my website, and want to know, how much of a setup is that? Will you find an appropriate template? Set colors? Upload my logo? Discuss with me and set options for membership levels? Discuss with me and upload categories from plan? Can you send me any links from websites you...

Cons

Hi Susan, Thank you for your message. We are always happy to help - especially if this is your first directory website with us. 99% of users can start customizing their sites with colors, images, text, membership levels and more after watching some of the GETTING STARTED video guides. Here's a link to find some easy video guides to show you how to set up all the aspects of your directory website....

Great Value

Generally good ... I will say I haven't used it as much as I have hoped but ultimately that is on me ....

Pros

I really like the webinar Wednesdays when I have attended them, I will admit it has been a while but see the additional training as valuable. I find the software robust and while my website building skills are on the lower end I can usually figure out how to use the software, it might take me a little longer but ultimately I usually figure it out.

Cons

In some ways the same as my pros in that it can be somewhat difficult and overwhelming at times but that has to do more with my skill level but generally I find a way so not too much of a complaint here.

Finally I have made a decision!

I have been looking for a platform for creating business software and its vendors directory. I analyzed many Word Press Directory Themes available on the market and decided not to compile my system from numerous plugins but to use integrated platform devoted for this purpose. After comparing Market Grabber, eDirectory and Brilliant Directories platforms I have chosen the last one. Pros: 1. Convenient...

Pros

1. Convenient directory structure. I will use Listing feature for Vendors and Product feature for software systems. 2. Continually developing leads generating module. 3. Perfectly developed users training and support system (videos, documentation, community forums').

Cons

1. There is not possible to set up hierarchical structure for products feature. 2. Products rating and review functionality is missing. 3. Not very flexible pricing setting system for different membership levels. It would be nice to set additional payments for every category and service area.

Hi Ceslovas. Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you've found our training and support resources helpful. We are constantly adding new material to our Support Center to make sure our users have as many resources at their disposal as possible. I also appreciate the cons you laid out - these help us improve the software. Regarding the pricing system for your different members, while individual membership levels are limited to the pricing options you set for them, you can create more niche/specific membership levels for certain categories or service areas. You can then set different payment options for those - just another option :) Thank you again for your feedback!!

My Great Experience with Brilliant Directories

It has been exceptional, I love the videos like I told representative, I stay up late at night just watch them. They are great educational tools. The conference calls are great because you get to learn from other entrepreneurs from all over the world. I didn't have that experience with the other company., or maybe they didn't stress it enough as Brilliant directory does. The other great experience I had in the last few days, is the call that I get from the owners of Brilliant directory, representative a co-owner calls me to congratulate me on my site. That tells me that they are paying attention to what new business owners are doing, it tells me that they are not just for our money, but also for the success of our business. That is key!

Pros

I really don't know where to start. There are so many great features that brilliant Directories offer. I love the different themes and ideas that the Brilliant Directory provides for me and my company. I have been with E-directory for several years, and I sometimes feel that they don't want to be bothered, on the other hand, I get the feeling that the owners and staff of Brilliant Directory make me feel that if they don't help us to succeed they won't succeed. That is a great attitude to have in any business. At first, it bothered me about the 15 minutes call they grant us, but after 2 sessions with Representative, he was able to show me how to build my site in less than 15 minutes.

Cons

Cons I can't speak of any. I haven't had any bad experience as of yet I don't foresee any, they are very organized with their product, knowledge, and training.

Great Software and Awesome costumer service but not efficient support

I signed up for the system because I can see the potential of the system but I am having difficulties in using more advanced setting due to lack of information and support. 3 stars for ease of Use and 1 star for Customer Support because it is easy mainly to do very basic things demonstrated with the videos provided. It was very easy for me to understand how to implement the menu and add new items...

Pros

I wrote in my feedback

Cons

Inefficient Customer support

Hi Cristina. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We hear what you're saying and we will do everything we can to improve our customer support. Sometimes our support team gets a bit back logged when an influx of support tickets are submitted, but we are committed to our 24 hour-maximium response times. And while our users wait for a response, we do encourage them to browse our free support center which has hundreds of support documents and video tutorials, along with participating in our community forums. But I absolutely understand where you are coming from and we will be working to improve our customer support. We sincerely thank you for your honest feedback, it's what helps us make our product and support even better. Thank you!

Fantastic product, easy to use

Such a beautiful, practical product which you can start using straight away. The team at Brilliant Directories are terrific and there are many avenues to find support if you need it. Excellent value for money considering this is a complete website that you can start using to generate income after just a few steps. Navigation from both the back end and front end is easy, user friendly and fast. Easy to integrate with my existing wordpress site through links - I love that it is a stand alone product. Really happy!

Pros

How user friendly it is and the clean layout and design. I also like that it is a stand alone product. The features are comprehensive and I know will be excellent value for my customers.

Cons

The upload of the categories didn't work for me via the csv file however I am yet to discuss with the support team what I may have been doing wrong.

Hi Delyse. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are thrilled the software is working as needed. I completely understand where you are coming from regarding support and that is a major facet of the company that we are currently working to improve. Feedback like yours helps us in doing that. Thank you!

I highly recommend Brilliant Directories!

I have been with Brilliant Directories for several years. Their platform is the absolute best for running a powerful directory. Working with reps. is really phenomenal. It is really amazing to me that I can easily set up and run a powerful membership website. What I love the most about Brilliant Directories is their outstanding support staff, hundreds of online step-by-step videos, Webinar Wednesdays,...

Pros

Having the 50+ dynamic add-ons provides me a website comparable to those of billion dollar companies.

Cons

My experience with Brilliant Directories has been PERFECT.

If you are looking for a directory template or software, Brilliant Directories is all you need

I just want to thank you for the last 8 weeks working with all of you incredibly awesome people at BD. I want to thank you Dennis for finding a great yearly solution, the warm welcome, your vibrant and uplifting personality and your proactive 'it can be done' attitude. I want to thank Gaby for being an incredible first coach, you listened to every concern, always guided me in the right direction...

Cons

Honest Review - as requested.

Going to focus in the negative, which is probably want you want to hear. Before I start, I love your product and I'm looking forward to adding more directories in the future. OK, the bad stuff. 1. Reading through previous posts, over a year old I read that restricted access admins still cannot be created - this is essential to a large directory!! 2. Your offer to make a one off payment rather...

Pros

read previous

Cons

as above

Hi Andy. Thank you so much for such an honest review. We truly do appreciate it as it's reviews like yours that help us improve our software each and every day. Regarding your concern with implementing a feature to limit admin access for "lower level" admins - that feature is in the pipeline and our development team is working diligently on it. Regarding the one-time payment, I understand your concerns. In fact, we've recently switched over to monthly payment plans and have done away with our one-time payment option. Thank you again for such an honest review. We take everything to heart and we will absolutely be using your review along with every other review to improve our company as a whole, our customer support division, as well as the software itself. Cheers!

Out of the box directory business model

The fact that I can test my business model is very good. I was able to quickly get a directory site up and working while I was planning other aspects of my business like the marketing etc...

Pros

With Brilliant Directories, it's very easy to get a directory business up running very quickly. It has so many templates to choose from to suit your business needs. There are so many ways you can customize your site. From the colors to fonts etc... Also, I believe that its very SEO friendly for not just me the admin but other businesses who list their business on the site. Looks very professional.

Cons

Few things I don't like. 1. Brilliant Directories hosts your websites for you. I would've liked to host my sites on my own servers. 2. Some of the VIP add-ons could've been given on the frontend for free. Just simple things like social logins should've been free. 4. Businesses can't seem to create their own categories. We the admin of the site have to create these. Would so much better if the businesses created the categories & sub-categories and these get added to the search functionality. 3. Nothing to help retain your users. Something like a built-in customer loyalty program would be really helpful to keep users coming back.