Novi AMS Reviews

Pros

The application is easy to learn, polished and user friendly, filled with fantastic features with more added regularly, and boasts a responsive and efficient support system.

Jamie H.

There are several training opportunities, including an extremely comprehensive online help tool to help staff learn the system. Novi support staff are very responsive and helpful.

Christy S.

Lindsey M.

Cons

Some of the features that have been requested are taking sometime to come out in the updates which can be frustrating.

Kelly M.

Reports aren’t as easy to pull. Member management missing a few functions.

Madeleine M.

Garnie H.

4.9

Great AMS with better customer service

Novi's customer service and responsiveness are the best I've seen from a vendor. Our website and database are intuitive and easy to use, and the chat function for customer support is quick.

Pros

The learning curve is not steep, as it is with many other AMS/donor management systems, the controls are intuitive, and the customer services has been highly responsive.

Cons

I'd like to see a more robust email automation process, separate from the link to mailchimp or constant contact. I'd like for it send emails to members thanking them for payment on receipt. That said, my past requests have been taken into consideration and implemented, so I'm sure this will be added before long. Also, I did balk at the price-tag, at first, but it's worth every penny.

Ah, thanks Ben! Glad to hear it's worth every penny :) Thank you for the review.

Very pleased with Novi AMS

My task to find a new AMS for our association. I had a bunch of demos with various other AMS providers, but Novi was the best. Their presentation was not canned and spoke to my specific needs (like company membership versus individual, committee structures, dues structures, etc). Every one of our needs was met. The service is impeccable. They are polite, responsive, and VERY helpful. Just great folks. They really believe in their product.

Pros

There is a lot to like here. The demo was great, all my questions were understood and answered thoroughly. The on-boarding process was amazing, they walked us through everything and were VERY responsive. I was amazed at Novi's flexibility and they really shaped their platform to fit our needs. This enabled us to begin work right away after we finished setting everything up. Most amazingly, their top tier customer service continued AFTER the on-boarding process! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], from Novi, kept up with me and scheduled followup meetings to make sure everything easy was going well. The end result is that I would recommend Novi for any association. It is intuitive, but also very flexible. I could not be happier, it is a great value.

Cons

I am trying to think of something -- anything negative about Novi. I am drawing a blank. It was honestly that good. And I invite anyone reading this to contact me with questions.

Thank you for such a thoughtful review, Patrick! We are so glad to hear Novi is meeting your needs and that the customer support has been impeccable. I will share that with the team and your onboarding specialist!

Using Novi For a Couple of Years

We use NOVI for the PBAA day to day business such as accounting, events..etc. I enjoy that there are many options on Novi but some can be confusing. Before the last update I was unable to pull up a report of who had joined or dropped. This has been fixed as there is a simple click on button that says Add Report/Drop Report which is very helpful!!! To set this entire thing up a couple of years ago, it was a LONG process that requires lots of time. Now, having a few years under my belt, it has simplified. If you decide to use NOVI, during the set up make sure whoever is going to be using NOVI participates in the training/set up along with you-it makes things a lot easier in the long run. There are a lot of helpful articles if needed!

Pros

Lots of support from staff. Various categories.

Cons

Some features can be confusing or are not simplified.

Hi Sylvia! Thank you so much for the candid review and I'm glad to hear the new reporting feature has been helpful and much faster to pull.

A Powerful and Flexible Tool For Association Management

Exceptional! We couldn't have continued our business without their help! The Novi AMS team is extremely professional and quick to respond to any questions and assistance needed. They understood that we needed to implement their platform in a much shorter time than recommended and they helped and pushed us along the whole way to make sure we got it done in time. I could not be happier with our decision to go with Novi AMS and look forward to putting it to even better use now that we have time to evaluate and adjust our usage.

Pros

So many things to love about this software. The main dashboard gives you a very good overview of your membership every time you log in. The details can all be fined tuned to suit your needs very easily. Automation tools are excellent along with intelligent decisions on what to have built in to the software and what to integrate using other software. When using integrations, things work very smoothly...

Cons

As with all software, there are quirks that you need to learn about. Through no fault of Novi AMS itself, there are some things we had to find workarounds for because of the very specific needs of our organization. We also were put in a situation that gave us a very short time frame to learn, setup and launch the Novi AMS platform so a lot of the issues we experienced probably could have been avoided or smoothed out beforehand if we had the proper time to onboard the platform. The biggest issue we have is with the way Novi AMS recognizes or does not recognize users to log in or not. The good thing is that they are very responsive to any issues we bring up and are always available to help with workarounds, and updates to improve.

Thank you so much for the detailed review!

Great Option for Association Management

We have used multiple association management software (AMS) programs over the last 20 years. None of them have everything, but Novi has been the most intuitive, the most responsive, and very straightforward for our members on the front end. Their web site template makes our site look very professional, and their customer support is amazing--it is not unusual for the company's [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to answer my support question--to me, a mark of a company that cares.

Pros

I was first attracted to this software because it was created by association professionals FOR association professionals. 2 years in, I still appreciate that, and it shows in the updates and new features they are always adding. One of the most effective tools for us is the direct sync with Constant Contact--so all my mailing lists on CC are automatically updated when we get a new member, or someone's address changes. Huge time saver for us.

Cons

The least "friendly" part of this software is the reporting tool. It is cumbersome to pick the fields and filters you need to pull the information you want. It isn't as helpful as reporting in other AMS programs I've used before. That being said, every time I have an issue with creating a report, the customer support helps me through it in no time at all--so the confusing nature of this one element is not anything that would keep me from choosing this again.

Thank you so much for the review, Jennifer! We look forward to many more years in partnership with VAM.

No one wants to do a data migration, but it's SO worth it!

I have been so very pleased with Novi. The team is great. They are always there if you need support, and they are also so proactive in improving the software and user experience. I would recommend Novi to anyone!

Pros

I find that Novi integrates so seamlessly with Quickbooks and our constant contact to be the most helpful feature. Having programs that speak to one another just really helps to keep everything organized and streamlined. The streamlining process removed a lot of potential for human error out of our business model, and it also helped to increase our revenue. Novi frees up our time to help focus more on growing our membership, and it also has great opportunities to create some non-dues revenue.

Cons

They are always looking for ways to help improve the software, so sometimes there is a little bit of a learning curve to figure out the new offerings. While it can be annoying to have to learn something new, it's always great when you master the new skill. They are always focusing on improving!

Saved staff time + streamlined process + increased revenue... that's music to my ears, Lindsey!! Thank you so much for sharing that feedback with us and our potential partners. We look forward to many more successful years partnering with FCAA.

Knows Association work and very customer-friendly

Exceptional. Incredibly responsive. Proactive in addressing needs of users. Great sense of user community, too. If you are a small office like me, they hit all the marks really well.

Pros

As an association, it makes a gigantic difference that Novi understands exactly our business, so the software is constantly being updated based on the suggestions of its users. The software reflects how members access and use membership software in ways that larger, more expensive products try to emulate. Changes to the software are ongoing and always in response to actual needs of the users. The Novi staff are always available to help with big and small problems. I never think twice about sending off an email with a question to the staff because I know that they will help me get the answers I seek.

Cons

I'd love to see more web templates to choose from for the design of our website.

We love working with Therese and we so appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feedback so we continually learn how to improve for ACP and our other customers. We couldn't do it without you!

Novi has taken us into the 21st Centry!

The overall experience has been great, from the design implementation and development of the integration was great. We love our website and feel like our membership appreciates the look and ease of use on the front end of the site. We appreciate the innovations that Novi continues to do to make our program better.

Pros

Our favorite thing about this software is its ease of use and the detailed information we are able to input. The integration with Quickbooks and Constant Contact are fabulous!

Cons

Sometimes I find the report criteria confusing, but it is probably just above my understanding level. Reconciling the bank statement with the stripe fees is a little confusing because everything doesn't always match up perfectly.

I love your review title, Cindy! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and I'm so glad to hear it's working well for both you and your members!

We love the innovation

We began with Novi in late 2018 and have been very happy since. Our organization is small so the automations have been very helpful in maximizing staff hours on things like mailing list queries and event registrations.

Pros

Having our membership database and website connected have enabled us to automate our event registrations.

Cons

I would like a native mass email system inside of Novi instead of the Constant Contact/Mail Chimp bridge. Those two companies have large public profiles and many of our members have them blacklisted in their SPAM filters.

Hi Garnie! Thank you so much for the review. I love reading/hearing about maximizing staff hours. That's part of our mission here... to amplify the change that your association makes!

Great product for Associations!

Over all my experience with Novi has been stellar. The customer service is invaluable and the integrations with MailChimp saves me time and effort.

Pros

There are many great features of Novi, but the best features are the integrations with QuickBooks. The product significantly decreased the reconciliation time we had to spent each month.

Cons

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Kelly! I'll pass along the sentiments to the customer support team and great to know the QBO and MailChimp integrations are making your job easier. And I'll touch base with you on your feature requests. Thank you for that feedback as well!

Great Option for a Smaller Association

I cannot say enough about the Novi team and the process from start to launch. Their approach to our project was thoughtful and incredibly organized with milestones and check-ins throughout. A project of this size can quickly become overwhelming but Novi's support and regular outreach kept us focused and moving forward. We are a small staff with tech-savvy limitations and Novi was there for us every step of the way. This product was created for an association like ours. Post launch Novi continues to provide regular roundtables on their products and open forums to discuss any issues and get your questions answered.

Pros

We're a few months in to using Novi's AMS and are thrilled with the result. As a membership association with a small staff, it was imperative that we identified a product that was easy to understand, seamless to train our staff across the board and customizable based on our unique needs. Novi's AMS solution really delivered. The main database dashboard provides an easy-to-understand overview of membership...

Cons

We're really still in the discovery phase for everything Novi has to offer. Our association has some incredibly nuanced membership categories and ecommerce packages that required workarounds or an additional brainstorming session to identify if these "special cases" still serve our membership's needs. Whenever we hit a potential roadblock, the Novi team was incredibly patient and went back to the drawing board multiple times to suggest potential solutions. We really kept the mindset of, if a solution couldn't be found within Novi, it's probably something we shouldn't be doing anyway. Approach any roadblocks with the software with new solutions for your association and it's a win-win.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, Tonya! So glad to hear you are thrilled with the results and it's been easy to use and our team was organized and helpful during onboarding!

Impressive

The website events, registering all my education via the website and having my members invoice themselves has really taking a bit off my stress of a "part time" executive director and a one woman show behind the scenes running my organization. So basically, this software was like hiring an assistant to help me in my duties, moved us UP in the world of technology and has grown our membership. The...

Pros

The NOVI software has tremendously improved my day to day duties in Association Management, from managing members, to accounting and creating groups and navigating our website to make it better from our members. The staff at NOVI especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a pleasure to work with during integrating. The customer service provided is first class and I never felt such professionalism partnered by such kindness during my transition.

Cons

There are so many features and really great things during the last two years, I cannot think of one negative things about the software... I have always been a little technically challenged when using computers, software and website sites... so everything about my experience was very positive. Having the "Intercom" at your finger tips to ask questions when you need help, extra training meetings, constant updates to keep you in "the know" are simply outstanding!

Denise, that really made my day, thank you! It was a pleasure working with you to onboard and I look forward to many more years in partnership.

Great Program

The biggest problem solved for me was online registration for our meetings. Prior to Novi I manually registered our members, sometimes this could be for 300 people. I now have more time for other duties. Everyone from the start at implementation through months afterwards has been very helpful. They really listen to your problems and offer ideas very quickly. If you have a suggestions for streamline something, they really do listen and sometimes they implement the idea. They area always open to ideas to make everything work more efficiently. Every is so helpful, no matter how small the issue.

Pros

I really like that Novi & QBO work together, this saves me time with posting payments, creating invoices & running reports, registrations for our meetings. Instead of multiple programs having to be merged together, all of the information is in one place. The Events module is also a great time saver for me. Our members can finally register online for our meetings very easily. They really like the ease of paying invoices online too. I also like the ability to have more than one window open while working in Novi, so easy to copy and paste from one page to another. I like they way they explain why something is not a good idea, instead of just say no, that won't work.

Cons

One thing I really do not like is the Guest function. I have members register for our meeting as a Guest even though they are in the database, most of the time they don't even try to log in, which is frustrating for me. I cannot merge these two records when this happens. Yes, some people need to register as Guest, but the majorities are our members are in the database. It would be nice to have a way to merge these records.

Brenda, thank you so much for your feedback. Our goal from day one was to help automate your work day so you could focus on the mission of your association. Hearing that we've been able to help do that for you is what gets us excited to go to work every morning. We just released a new update on the "guest functionality" that we think will help address your concerns. We will reach out to you to get you those details!

Novi for the win!

Since using Novi, we are way more confident in the data we pull. Monthly membership reports use to be my least favorite thing to do, now its a piece of cake thanks to Novi!

Pros

First, our website looks great! As for the program itself, we are able to get most of the information needed when it comes to monthly reporting to the board. This was the main reason for switching.

Cons

I'm assuming, because it's new there are a few bugs that have to be worked out, but they are great at helping out. Overall, my least favorite was the data import when you first start. It was very tedious and time consuming.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Erica! We love that your member reports are a piece of cake now. Makes our day! Great member data is the most important asset that you've got, which is why we definitely take our time through that portion of onboarding. We so appreciate you working diligently with us to get everything into the database!

Novi

We are a small association with very limited time and resources. This software has truly cut down on some repetitive tasks I was having to do previously, and now I have more time to get to things I may have not been able to in the past. It's easy to use, the training was thorough, and I like that it integrates with Quickbooks online.

Pros

I can easily access the information I need about my association simply. I like the interface. I love that it connects with Quickbooks and that I can easily copy/paste past events to get them set up quickly. It seems pretty intuitive to me. I also like that there are easy-to-access help articles and the response time when you have a question is fast.

Cons

Some aspects of the ECommerce could be better improved to tie in with events. Generating reports can be a bit time consuming because of the amount of data that is available; it can be overwhelming to try to find the exact field you're looking for.

Jaime, it's been a joy working with you and good news... we are literally working on upgrades to the Ecommerce component now! Stay tuned :) The reports are hyper-customizable which means lots of field options, but we will continue to work to try and find ways to make it easier. In the interim, please feel free to jump into any of our upcoming reports trainings. Thank you for the feedback!

It Just Works

Exceptional. I was able to significantly reallocate staff resources to new projects and member benefits with the time we have saved thanks to novi. Having used two other AMS providers I can tell you novi is head and shoulders above the rest! You won't regret working with them!

Pros

We were one of the first to use noviAMS and even early on it was an exceptional service, and major upgrade from our previous providers. As the CEO one of the things I love most about novi is how seamlessly it works with our accounting software (QuickBooks) and how clean our books are as a result. Our audits went from a week long process to less than two days. And, that's not even the sexy part of...

Cons

No software is perfect, but it is really hard for me to identify too many flaws. They are super responsive to bugs (and even most of those turn out to be something we did). ;-)

Chip, Thank you so much for the feedback! We're thrilled to be able to help AAGO and your members. Thank you again for sharing your story.

All your dreams come true

I recently left association management, but was using Novi AMS on a daily basis previously. The software is I was at a small association and Novi AMS allowed me to increase my capacity for communication and position our organization as a leader in our industry. Customer service is unparalleled! I challenge you to find a company that even comes close. This team just gets it!

Pros

*User experience - both for staff and for our members. >for staff: less clicks to get information or complete tasks and the process was intuitive. Web updates were instant and >for members: numerous methods of getting to the same information. So regardless of the individual’s preferred method, they didn’t get stuck. *Customer service - their team is the absolute cream of the crop *Formatted web...

Cons

This is a hard question to answer. Because any time we thought we found a deficiency, the Novi team worked diligently to resolve or to raise the bar for better performance.

Thank you so much Kelle! We're always looking to raise the bar with Novi, so thank you for contributing your ideas and feedback!

Novi User Review

We are very satisfied. We have a product that not only meets our needs, but brings engagement and value to our customers/members.

Pros

Novi sets a high standard in many areas. Having used two different Member Management System's in my time here - the difference could be noticed in the very beginning. The training and onboarding process was amazing - and the Novi team took such good care of our team as we trained, designed and migrated to their platform. Their stellar customer service has never slipped and their responsiveness when...

Cons

There isn't really much - there are a couple of features that we have requested - but they continuously add them to the "sprint wish-list" and bring us new features constantly!

Sloane, you are making us teary-eyed. Thank you so much for your thoughtful response! Your team was amazing to work with during onboarding and continues to provide us valuable feedback to improve the software as a whole! Thank you, again!

Time Saver

Novi AMS is truly designed for the unique world of associations. Onboarding was simple and the staff is incredibly helpful. You can actually talk to a real person! I can't imagine​ ever moving away from Novi AMS.

Pros

Novi AMS is such a huge time saver for me and my team! Unlike having multiple programs and spreadsheets to complete daily activities such as event registrations, membership types, website, accounting, etc-Novi is a one-stop-shop​! With Novi AMS, adding a new member is a one-place entry! No more multiple sites and excel files to update! Using this software has freed up​ time for us to focus on the impactful aspects of our jobs.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind! Once I sat in on the demo of Novi, I was sold!

Thank you, Rhonda! We've loved having you and the AAN team and look forward to many years of continued partnership and success. Thank you for all your great ideas. Keep them coming!

Great management software

Novi is the best at customer service! There are articles to read, informative roundtables to attend, online chat help, and my onboarding people are still reachable even months after being a client. Super fast response and simple instructions on how to update and fix absolutely anything. Novi is always coming out with new features to make every part more functional and internet safe and savvy.

Pros

Integrating into Novi was absolutely seamless! The onboarding team was informative and helpful every step of the way. There was no guess work on the expectations and constant customer support. I like several features the most - entering new members and staff is easy, and so is making changes on the website. Creating and managing events is simple - and so is managing registrations. I love the countdown...

Cons

The accounting was different for me, not that it is a con, just not all transactions can be fixed or created through Novi. But, after a few months of getting familiar with all the aspects of QB and QB Payments, it meshes well now. I was used to doing all payables and receivables in one place.

Thank you so much for the review, Jennifer, and I'm so glad to hear your onboarding experience was seamless. I'll be sure to pass that and the features you are really enjoying along to the team :) Thank you again!

No workarounds is not a joke

The intercom feature - the NoviAMS team is always there to help you out. The sprint release notes come in handy when you need a high level overview of what features are being released.

Pros

- easy to use for all age generations on our team - Quickbooks Online integration makes for seamless accounting - Robust membership database with customizations and relationship eliminated need for spreadsheets - Member compass with centralized information (invoices, registration, renewals, member directory info)

Cons

- I wish we would have switched sooner and that our smaller clients with much smaller budgets could transition onto it.

Thank you so much, Krystal! So glad to hear it's been easy to use and that customer support has been there when you do have questions! We look forward to partnering with you for years to come!

Novi should be your new AMS, let me explain why:

Novi has been key to the success of our marketing and PR campaigns. The site is the face of our organization, and the backend provides the tools we need to maximize the benefits of our membership. Novi becomes more useful everyday as improvements are made constantly. Im extremely happy with the level of support coming from the top down as well. I recommend Novi to all of my peers whenever someone is looking for a new AMS. Ive seen a lot of companies claim to do what Novi does, but ive yet to find one that can actually deliver. They care about us just as much now as they did during the sales process.

Pros

I love the database. I am able to connect accounts to constant contact and pull custom reports. Editing pages on the website is also very straightforward and simple. Not only are the features top rate, but the customer support is second to none. Anything you have trouble with is resolved by someone who cares. I love it!

Cons

There isn't a whole lot to complain about. Occasionally I find myself looking for a solution to a minor problem like, the ability to give awards to a company not just an individual. While there are some setbacks, I find an equal amount of useful tools that I didn't know existed, which I feel balances out the experience.

This review truly brightened my day, Christian! RWAU put its faith in us early on and we've loved working with your team. Thank you for always pushing us to continually improve and using those new tools to advance the mission. Cheers to many more years and thank you for the review!

Adopting Novi was like adding a new team member.

Pros

Before we started using Novi, we used an incredibly outdated AMS that barely allowed us to access our data, never mind integrate with additional features. Now, we integrate seamlessly with Mailchimp, QuickBooks, and our members can log in and pay invoices, register for events.

Cons

To be quite honest, there's very little that I wish could be improved. The only feature I wish you could do was create an invoice directly from Novi for a non-product item or membership.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Ian! The PIAG website wouldn't be the same without your touch on there and I'm glad to hear the integrations are working seamlessly for both staff and members! Thank you again!

Fan of the Novi Team

I have been a user since 2016. I was an employee that transitioned from another product to novi. I then became my own business and my clients are novi users who have hired me on for their accounting needs. I get to see a lot of different users interact with novi and I have to say all of them tell me how happy they are that they moved to novi.

Pros

The thing I like most about novi is that it is so reliable and completes many tasks automatically. It has a seamless hookup with QuickBooks, one that can be counted on to record the transactions accurately. Then there is the staff, they are always ready to help their customers learn. They reach out on a regular basis to check in with them and see if they need anything. When customers suggest a feature that they would like, the novi team goes right to work to make it a reality if it's possible.

Cons

The problem here is that anything I could write here has already been taken care of. Then again, that's not a problem that's fantastic! The novi team does not want their customers to be unhappy and are constantly adding more capability to their product.

Thank you for the review, Dominica! You have been instrumental in our success with the continual feedback you provide. We truly can't do this without customers like you. Thank you!

Easy to use with a forward thinking concept!

Overall we have saved so much staff time going from a very manual process to empowering our members by offering an online solution. (Paying invoices, registering online, updating profiles, etc.) The feedback from our members is also very positive, and that's the most important thing!

Pros

Honestly, my favorite part about Novi is the team. They made a great product that solved a lot of AMS issues, but the Novi Team is what makes it great. They didn't make a product and walk away thinking they were finished. They are constantly evaluating the software to see how it can be better. The best part is that they listen to user input when making those decisions.

Cons

This is a pro and a con... It isn't 100% customizable. Their features and upgrades apply to all users. This is a pro, because I, as a user, benefit from feature ideas brought in by other users, but it's also a con because if we have a need, that only we have and doesn't benefit other users, it doesn't make sense to change the software. The Novi team works hard to understand why we have the need and find a solution if it doesn't make sense for everyone.

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words not only about Novi but our team. That's what motivates us to work so hard every day. And, you're so spot on about the customization! Thank you for everything you do to help us continually improve.