LogMeIn Rescue Reviews

LogMeIn Rescue

Remote support for helpdesks, call centers and organizations

4.63/5 (117 reviews)

Pros
  • This program is very easy for our staff to use, and very easy for the customer to initiate a support session. The ability to transfer client sessions between Tech Support reps is great.Nathanial R.Read the full review
  • Mobile support is amazing as I love being able to remote into my home computer from my phone.Aren B.Read the full review
  • My IT team uses LogMeIn Rescue to remotely connect to our PCs and resolve IT issues, it is easy to use, i can easily grant remote access to them.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • Ve seen some people complain that it's hard to explain to customers how to install.Joy P.Read the full review
  • It can be annoying when you are in the middle of a time sensitive issue and need a tech to connect to your computer.Bobby E.Read the full review
  • Nothing, I use this software for the last 3 years. I don't think so i have any problem in 3 years.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Sergey Morozov

Remote support at your finger tips

Reviewed 2018-07-12

Pros
I've used this product for many years since LogMeIn introduced it. First time I tried it I was really blown away with its ease of use and deployment. While it offers a wide spectrum of additional features, I mostly use it to remotely support my employees, who can't be visited at the given moment. It really is so seamless, that my users feel like I'm right in front of them, assisting them with the IT issues. Web-based interface for day-to-day support makes it really easy to initiate a remote assistance call. I also use it on the servers for remote support, as they are spread out around multiple locations. Very fair ROI on this product. I am looking to evaluate other LMI products in the nearest future.

Cons
Every so often I run into certain issues with LMI client application installed on my Apple computers. Usually, I'd have to reinstall the client to solve the problem. This never happens to the Windows LMI client application.

Bryan Walderman

LogMeIn Rescue - Essential Support Software

Reviewed 2019-11-23

Essential. I couldn't possible envision doing my job properly without it. Before this software, I used to drive to my client's locations and help them out of a jam, now they know I am just a couple of clicks away. It's the one annual expense I have that I am always happy to spend.

Pros
In my industry, I tend to the needs of users inside the office and outside. LogMeIn Rescue seamlessly allows me to take over my users computer and address their needs wherever I happen to be. Quite frankly, it is the most important software I use. Not only can I control the user's computer remotely, but the Rescue console also allows me to peak inside the file directory. This allows me to move and transfer files directly between our two computers.

Cons
It's not cheap! There are alternatives that are significantly less expense, however, you get what you pay for. Rescue is robust and the extra money spent is certainly worth it. Additionally, in order to acquire full control over the user's computer, there are a couple of steps that need to be explained to the user. While most find these steps intuitive, some of my older clients find it difficult. Sometimes patience and familiarity with the Rescue commands are required to get your client on board with you.

LogMeIn Makes it Easy

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-03-14

LogMeIn helped us take a big step forward with remote customer support. Customers love it because it allows us to solve most of their tech problems without ever having to enter their premises. We love it because it saves us a lot of time on the road.

Pros
LogMeIn is probably the easiest remote support software I have ever used. Setup is quick and easy for both, the client in need of support and the support tech. Connections are solid and trouble-free, giving us the opportunity to provide support without tedious and annoying interruptions from glitches. And the fact that it works across multiple platforms is a bonus. Highly recommend this software!

Cons
We really found nothing that we would consider a con. Everything about the software was easy, and it did exactly what it was intended to do, free of problems and frustration.

Nathanial Rhodes

Absolute necessity for our Tech Support office

Reviewed 2020-01-14

Our Tech Support office has used LMI Rescue for around a decade, and it is one of the most valuable tools we rely on every single day.

Pros

Cons
I wish the limit was higher as to the number of active sessions a user can have at one time. If I need to connect to 30 different computers at a time, I cannot. I believe the max limit is currently 20.

Jed Phillips

Good, could be better, and the support is lacking

Reviewed 2017-11-17

Pros
Most of the time I can connect just fine, and the speed is alright. There are a lot of options for delivering the connection info. There is good reporting, and the ability to capture screens, as long as we are working from the office, and strong APIs.

Cons
The support is not so great. There are always long holds for phone support that almost always have to be escalated, which means a callback at a much later time. Email support is 24-hour turnaround for every single email exchanged no matter the issue, and their answer is too often something ANYONE would have already tried.

Eli Person

Great Product, But a Bit oo Expensive

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-07-14

Overall, I like the product and it gives me piece of mind when connecting to critical client machines, but the price is too high compared to other products to justify a large roll out.

Pros
Logmein works and works well. I use several remote control products and Logmein is the one that I use if I know that keeping the connection is critical. It's especially useful when the user a laptop that doesn't initie the WiFi connection until after login. The product can be configured to cache credentials and login automatically.

Cons
The price is definitely the highest for all the remote control products that I use. I use Logmein sparingly because I only purchased one license. For general day to day use, I use other less expensive products.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jenna McAulay

Good

Reviewed 2019-07-02

Pros
You can connect to your customers/clients remotely by sending them a web link and a secure pin code for them to enter. You can request control of the computer and the customer authorises this action. there is the ability to record the session too which is helpful for reviewing support cases.

Cons
The recordings have at times been unreliable at times, which has meant we have lost data necessary to review cases. The support team are actively assisting with this.

Easy to Use Software!

Reviewed 2019-09-16

Pros
The software is very simple to use and end users even without any computer knowledge can go in and put in the code very quickly and easily giving remote access.

Cons
The thing I like the least about LMI is that sometimes it will lag and freeze up. In a rare event someone has dial up internet it doesn't function very well.

Ryan Geranios

Simple and Powerful

Reviewed 2019-06-19

Pros
Remotely viewing and controlling computers and devices is easy. File transfer is secure and navigation through the UI is effortless. Multiple sessions allows for troubleshooting with ease.

Cons
file transfer speed could be improved. Overall fantastic though.

Oshan Madusanka

Quick and easy to connect remotely with clients

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-07-28

Effective and efficient solution to resolve our customers issues via secure remote access.

Pros
With the LogMeIn Rescue platform, we can easily connect remotely with our customers all over the world within few seconds.It saves our time and money.Also it will gain our customers satisfaction on our solutions. It is the best solution when we want to support customers via remote access.Even we can have more than one remote sessions.Simple process and easy to understand the requirements of clients due to reliability and security of the communication protocol.

Cons
User interfaces should be improve more with UI/UX principles and guidelines.

Anonymous

One of the best remote take-over tools out there!

Reviewed 2019-05-08

I have used LogMeIn Rescue for several years on a daily basis and have yet to come across a remote take-over tool that is as user friendly as this one. The learning curve is quite low, which makes it a great tool for most Service Desk environments! The lay-out is very clear and easy to understand and use and security-wise it's one of the most secure tools. I have worked with some European countries that have quite extensive checklists regarding security and LogMeIn Rescue was able to tick every box. Having done some comparison research for a recent project we were running, I can honestly say LogMeIn Rescue is one of the (if not THE) best back-for-your-buck remote take-over tools out there. Their reporting function could be improved/upgraded, but I won't even rate this against the tool as, in my experience, this is on the lower side of requirements for any remote take-over tool. I highly recommend LogMeIn Rescue to anyone looking for a great remote take-over tool. I can honestly say you can't go wrong and will not be disappointed!

Pros
The lay-out of the tool is very clear and user friendly.

Cons
Reporting function could use some improvement.

Great for remote supoort

Reviewed 2018-03-06

The software allows us to easily take control and manage our remote referring physicians with a pretty simple secured connection to their office.

Pros
Allows you to easily take control of the remote pc even with multiple monitor setups. I actually prefer some things over the logmein central product but not all. Central has more features but this is preferred for external remote access for us over Central.

Cons
Freezes up sometimes with win 10 computers. I just lose remote functions like mouse control . Also if the remote computer has windows UAC user access control on any popups you will not see remotely which will hinder your access until the user clicks yes or no on their end. Users get popups and do not click all the time to start the remote session or even where to look. I would give it another start if these issues were resolved.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

LogMeIn Rescue makes remote IT support simple and fast

Reviewed 2019-04-11

As a daily IT support analyst, I am constantly supporting remote users in our sales field and across the country in various offices. The ability to remote in with a simple click of a link on the user's part is essential for me being able to complete tickets and solve issues for our users quickly without the need for them to ship in equipment.

Pros
The ability to remote into users systems from around the country quickly and efficiently. Using admin credentials to install software or help with issues that they can't do themselves makes life in IT support a lot easier

Cons
I really don't have many cons to list honestly. But I guess a little bit clearer understanding of all the features available would be nice. Also, for very very un-tech savvy people, even having to click a link and run the download can be difficult. Just clicking a link only would be easier.

Juan Saldana

Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms.

Reviewed 2017-09-05

The ease of knowing that at a moments notice, I can jump onto my device of choice and provide full remote support to my users is a great benefit. The performance across the different platforms is pretty seamless and very responsive.

Pros
Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms. I've had this software get me out of bind when my boss called for support and all I had was my Android Tablet. I like that it is flexible enough to on multiple platforms and easy for the customer side to use.

Cons
Its a great tool, but it does come with a hefty price tag, if your organization can afford it on their per technician basis.

Anonymous

Simple direct tool for clients to connect with.

Reviewed 2018-07-12

We were able to create a custom domain that links to our clients and initiates a session. The only issue that we run into is when the user does not accept the access prompts that appear. Outside of the connection issue at times this is a great product. They are regularly adding features that are needed and improving on the ones that are already there.

Pros
I like that it's simple for a user to connect to us from an e-mailed link. They open the page follow the directions and then we are connected.

Cons
When the app doesn't connect, it doesn't connect. The support team is slow to respond to these types of requests, and the fix is usually something unrelated that doesn't help.

Anonymous

Remote Access with chat :)

Reviewed 2018-11-25

Pros
I've used LogMeIn Rescue when I worked as Technical Support in a software. We're using this software to remotely access our customers computer to troubleshoot their computer and do installations. These customers are miles away. I love the idea that it is easy to use. You can also communicate with them via chat. So whenever you need them to do something on their end, it is to relay the instruction. Not necessarily to always stay on the phone.

Cons
I can't remember anything that I like least about LogMeIn Rescue. If there's one thing they can improve is that make it more user-friendly, though it is already easy to use, however whenever a non-computer savvy is using it, were having a hard time to let them allow the remote access. But this is something that is not a big deal since it is not LogMeIn's fault. However, if there's something they can do about this, that will be awesome.

Adam Connie

Great remote connection tool

Reviewed 2019-02-04

Pros
I love the ability to remotely connect to a users computer and be granted full admin access to make changes and repairs. We are able to connect with people all over the world and resolve their computer issues. I've been able to hotspot off my phone and connect to users for long periods to resolve issues.

Cons
I don't like that it takes the app a while to implement new features. When there is an issue with an update or new windows features it can take them some time to release an update. A work around is usually available but they become cumbersome.

Josue Hernandez

one of the best remote tools

Reviewed 2018-07-30

easy way to fix clients computer issues with out dealing with email back and forward if you have clients out side of your building I support clients all over the globe and this tool is the best for me to assist them.

Pros
One of the best remote tool for the IT world I used this software every day when clients not follow my direction on on email so i remote in to their computers to help them out and this is an easy way to do that cannot live without it. hahahah

Cons
NO cons its simply enough that anyone can used no one can go wrong without it I think every company that does IT should do have this tool.

Kelsey Benoit

Not Worth The Cost

Reviewed 2019-01-22

Our experience with LogMeIn Rescue taught us that even software backed by a popular name may not be as good as software that is free or from a more uncommon developer.

Pros
LogMeIn Rescue does what it is supposed to do. That's about the only positive thing I have to say about the software. Aside from that, cost and ease of use and functionality are major drawbacks.

Cons
After using LogMeIn Rescue for nearly 9 months, we have reached a point where we have to decide if it will be a permanent system that we will utilize. I have decided to pursue other options considering there are cheaper -- and even free -- alternatives that exist which provide equal or greater functionality at no cost or at a fraction of the cost of LogMeIn Rescue. LogMeIn Rescue is not as feature rich as many of the free and lower priced products that exist. So, in short, cost was the main issue for us deciding to pursue other options.

Keenan Tolmie

Fantastic Remote Access Software to Service a Distant Computer

Reviewed 2018-09-10

LogMeIn Rescue has allowed me to connect to any computer that I want without having to diagnose window's native remote desktop application. All of the heavy lifting is done by LogMeIn, which has allowed remote technicians to work faster and more efficiently.

Pros
Rescue is a fantastic piece of software that is used to diagnose computer problems remotely. Ranging from helping the elderly log into their email to severe computer issues, Rescue is acceptable for any problem. Rescue removes the diagnosing of remote desktop connection in windows and makes it easy. All you have to do is install the program, input the credentials to the target computer and access is granted. Rescue allows you to view the target's screen and control their computer. You can transfer files and chat to the target computer through Rescue's chat dialogue box.

Cons
To be fair, LogMeIn Rescue has some downfalls. When the target user download's the program, they have to be computer-illiterate to be able to install and access the application. Having a download that will automatically initiate a session would be awesome.

Great Remote Support Tool

Reviewed 2019-02-13

Overall the experience with LogMeIn Rescue was positive. Couldn't be more positive. I did not deal with the licensing so I can't speak to that. I used this as a support technician and it is a solid product.

Pros
Never failed. Never dealt with any issues having users install the client and never had any issues connecting. I came from a open source VNC tool which had all sorts of difficulty and quirks. LogMeIn Rescue was a huge upgrade and made everyone's lives easier. It also had another feature called Rescue lens where a user could use their smartphone camera to show you what they are looking at. I never used that feature, but other technicians I worked with had.

Cons
Nothing. It always worked. I never had an issue.

Aaron West, CTS

Use LMI Rescue daily to serve our users

Reviewed 2017-11-12

It allows us to connect to our users and help them in a much better way than simply email or phone support can do.

Pros
LogMeIn Rescue has been great for us to remotely serve our customers. We need multi-screen remote access, so being able to see all screens, share files, get information about users computer, and even setup unattended access is very helpful.

Cons
It is very expensive compared to other programs. The security process to allow a rep to remote into a user's computer can take more steps than it should (overly secure), which can be confusing for customers.

EXCELLENT SERVICE EVER

Reviewed 2019-05-03

If you are work in Big company and you have lots of customers then LogMeIn is the best software for the access your customer's computer screen. You can access 10 remotes at the same time on 1 console. I can handle all the customers at the same time.

Pros
The LogMeIn rescue is the best remote screen sharing software. I work in Digiteck we all use LogMeIn console for remote access. Good Speed. With lots of extra features. Calling Card, Session hold, etc

Cons
Nothing, I use this software for the last 3 years. I don't think so i have any problem in 3 years. It's easy to access.

Christa Cohee

LogMeIn Rescue

Reviewed 2018-09-25

I've used this in a business setting when I worked technical support. It is an invaluable tool for accessing a users device and solving an issue in less time then a conversation can do alone. It increased the efficiency of the technical support desk.

Pros
This software provides easy access to the end users device and makes remote support so much more convenient.

Cons
If you have a user who is not computer savvy getting them to click the proper buttons to allow remote access can be a challenge you need to work through before you can address the issue that they called about.

Matt Brown

Excellent tool that gives you the ability to see what the user sees and even control their desktop

Reviewed 2017-12-27

It allows us to streamline support for certain issues and minimize the need for customers to follow detailed instructions over the phone. It also allows us to quickly transfer files without resorting to email, dropbox or some other method.

Pros
It allows me to quickly and easily access user's PCs to help troubleshoot issues, perform actions, transfer files, install updates, etc. It is easy to use for the customer and is an invaluable tool in customer support. It makes what could be a 30 minute call take 5 minutes and helps to solve issues that would otherwise be impossible.

Cons
Every once in a while we experience some unknown issues with running LogMeIn on a user's computer. The .exe file that should run to launch does nothing or the connection fails suddenly. We have had trouble getting to the bottom of these issues. However, these issues are pretty rare and may be due to issues on the customer's end.