LogMeIn Rescue Logo

LogMeIn Rescue

Remote support for helpdesks, call centers and organizations

LogMeIn Rescue Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

Reviews by rating

There are a lot of options for delivering the connection info. There is good reporting, and the ability to capture screens, as long as we are working from the office, and strong APIs.
This program is very easy for our staff to use, and very easy for the customer to initiate a support session. The ability to transfer client sessions between Tech Support reps is great.
This software is perfect because it is easy to use and offers IT support anytime of the day. This is reliable because there are times you forgot the so many logins you have.
Wish LMI vetted these groups more to stop giving their image a bad name.
A lot of bugs that makes it difficult to control.

Greg P.

Systems and Network Administrator

Construction, 11-50 employees

LogMeIn Baby

Transcript

Greg: Hi, I'm Greg. I'm systems and network administrator for the home improvement industry. I'd give...

at

allan t.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great tool for remote support inside the cloud

Pros

It s easy to use, agent installed locally on each laptop. it works on mobile, pc and mac and you can join with other logmein products. The solution is sold with a lot of secured futures and audit functions, records... are also built in. It is pretty responsive and have good performance. Secure chat is here and you can have multiple session at the same time and use integrated secure file transfert when needed. There are many connectors available ( servicenow. salesforce... ) Great tool for remote support

Cons

Price may be a little bit high but when you need security and quality there is no compromises. I don't know other solutions with so much integration. The only thing missing is an integration with Atlassian solutions like Jira helpdesk on Microsoft SCCM.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Best, powerfull remote software

If we exclude price then this is the best remote software I have ever used with clients, it provided everything we are looking for.

Pros

Easy to install on clients devices and techs console is easy to be used as desktop app or Web access. The feature that user click the icon on desktop and it appears as waiting session on console is just amazing feature. When waiting session is there, there is sound alert, blinks which is great. It reboots and reconnect automatically and can reboot in safe mode as well. Save notes to session and save previous chat history.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this product but with great and awesome features it is just expensive solution compared to others.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Needs Inovation

Pros

LogMeIn was very stable when we used it. When requesting a code it worked every time without fail. Connections held strong and were rarely dropped.

Cons

We stopped using this as our main point of screen- sharing. About a year ago. We still use them as a back up, but there are better cheaper products on the market. We switched to a product where all users had accounts and transferring via a link was simple. They really need to do some updates, the interface looks old and clunky

Simple direct tool for clients to connect with.

We were able to create a custom domain that links to our clients and initiates a session. The only issue that we run into is when the user does not accept the access prompts that appear. Outside of the connection issue at times this is a great product. They are regularly adding features that are needed and improving on the ones that are already there.

Pros

I like that it's simple for a user to connect to us from an e-mailed link. They open the page follow the directions and then we are connected.

Cons

When the app doesn't connect, it doesn't connect. The support team is slow to respond to these types of requests, and the fix is usually something unrelated that doesn't help.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

EXCELLENT SERVICE EVER

If you are work in Big company and you have lots of customers then LogMeIn is the best software for the access your customer's computer screen. You can access 10 remotes at the same time on 1 console. I can handle all the customers at the same time.

Pros

The LogMeIn rescue is the best remote screen sharing software. I work in Digiteck we all use LogMeIn console for remote access. Good Speed. With lots of extra features. Calling Card, Session hold, etc

Cons

Nothing, I use this software for the last 3 years. I don't think so i have any problem in 3 years. It's easy to access.

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

Remote tool you can count on.

It was really easy to deploy it and have my team start using it. There are very little internal training required. We have also had pretty decent experience in the few occasions we have had to contact their support staff.

Pros

I loved how easy it was for our users to connect to our support staff. A lot of the users we support are not very tech savvy and can get frustrated really easily if they cant figure out what is needed from them. We very rarely had that problem with LogMeIn. It is really easy to get users to download and run this tool to get connected. I also liked how many options it has once you are connected. It can auto connect after a reboot. You can even use it if you need to push a computer into safe mode. File transfer is easy and works great. And it can even pull a lot of information about the end user's PC with a single click. It is definitely a tool built with support specifically in mind and it shows. My team counts on it on almost a daily basis and it has very rarely let us down.

Cons

It is expensive. No getting around it. But you are paying for exceptionally good quality.

EC

Erica C.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Time is money and this is saves so much time!

We have used Log Me In Rescue for nearly 10 years now. We haven't found anything that they cannot do. They even have the ability to support mobile devices.

Pros

We can jump on computers and fix problems without having too much down time for end users.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

HG

Hesham Gomaa Elmasry ,.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Online PCs with LogMeIn

Pros

The best is that I can add my home's PC and any number of my work's PCs online under my account, so I can access my work's PC from home and vise verse, also I can add client's PCs to my account so I can easily connect to help them for any technical problems, the great also is that I can do that even from my cell phone, so even while transportation time, I can help my colleagues and my clients. The performance is very good and it really bugs free, I like also the availability to turn the destination PC's screen to black, so others don't know what I'm doing, also no problems with CTRL+Alt+Delete for the destination PC as LogMeIn avails a special button for this.

Cons

Sometimes I find the destination PC is turned off, so I suggest to add a cell phone# with each added PC, so if it is Off and if I'm trying to connect to it, LogMeIn should send a message or a notification to the cell phone number's owner that "My Name" is trying to access your PC and it is Off, please turn it on.

Girish P.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Remote support has never felt closer

Pros

Financial-grade TLS 1.2 with 256-bit advanced encryption is very secure for all communcation

Cons

Can be used by few people for wrong purposes by hackers

Sunil M.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Decent remote access software

Pros

Great little application that makes it a ton easier to support users remotely. Users can connect to a session, or admins can initiate a remote session from their end. Fairly light in terms of resource usage, and easy to navigate.

Cons

Price is a bit high in light of other free options available in the market. The features do make up for the price, but might be a sticking point for users who don't need ALL the features offered by LogMeIn.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Remote support for mobile and desktop

I help employees with computers and software remotely.

Pros

It is possible to get remote help for computers, Macs, and mobile devices. The devices can be accessed quickly without the need to install any software. Reports on user satisfaction, performance, and session statistics can be created. Sessions can be automatically recorded, and earlier sessions can be reviewed.

Cons

It is worth it for the remote connection and its prices, but it is not the cheapest one. Simultaneous connections may be improved. Before starting sessions, there are some user access limitations to be completed in Windows.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

LogMeIn Rescue makes remote IT support simple and fast

As a daily IT support analyst, I am constantly supporting remote users in our sales field and across the country in various offices. The ability to remote in with a simple click of a link on the user's part is essential for me being able to complete tickets and solve issues for our users quickly without the need for them to ship in equipment.

Pros

The ability to remote into users systems from around the country quickly and efficiently. Using admin credentials to install software or help with issues that they can't do themselves makes life in IT support a lot easier

Cons

I really don't have many cons to list honestly. But I guess a little bit clearer understanding of all the features available would be nice. Also, for very very un-tech savvy people, even having to click a link and run the download can be difficult. Just clicking a link only would be easier.

JH

Josue H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

one of the best remote tools

easy way to fix clients computer issues with out dealing with email back and forward if you have clients out side of your building I support clients all over the globe and this tool is the best for me to assist them.

Pros

One of the best remote tool for the IT world I used this software every day when clients not follow my direction on on email so i remote in to their computers to help them out and this is an easy way to do that cannot live without it. hahahah

Cons

NO cons its simply enough that anyone can used no one can go wrong without it I think every company that does IT should do have this tool.

Christa C.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

LogMeIn Rescue

I've used this in a business setting when I worked technical support. It is an invaluable tool for accessing a users device and solving an issue in less time then a conversation can do alone. It increased the efficiency of the technical support desk.

Pros

This software provides easy access to the end users device and makes remote support so much more convenient.

Cons

If you have a user who is not computer savvy getting them to click the proper buttons to allow remote access can be a challenge you need to work through before you can address the issue that they called about.

JA

Jonathan A.

Fast and simple

Relatively quick connection to a wide variety of devices

Pros

I like that it can connect to almost anything on demand. It's very easy to use and explain how to use remotely. It's features are nice - being able to see system information from one pane is great! The file transfer capability is also intuitive. I rarely have any issues with the connections I make with it.

Cons

The cost is pretty significant - there are much more cost effective solutions that are just as good if not better than this one. Also streaming high quality sessions seems to cause more latency/choppyness than equivalent sessions done through other products.

JC

Jorge C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Good option for remote assitance

I user for several years, until I found Zoho assis, way cheaper and with mobile support.

Pros

Easy to use. Quick download for client. Very good to send and receive files

Cons

Mobile support not included (aditional licence payment).

TB

Tim B.

Good product but the customer support could use some work

Assists us by letting us into the life of the user and being able to remote in to their system to solve issues they couldn't on their own.

Pros

This product has helped us assist customers through remote sessions and by being able to remote in to their machines in order to solve issues they couldn't on their own. The interface is simple enough but could maybe get an image upgrade as it seems a little stuck in the past.

Cons

The interface is simple enough but could maybe get an image upgrade as it seems a little stuck in the past. I haven't run into any major issues, but when I do need to contact customer support it is a constant struggle of getting or being escalated up the ladder until you get to someone who can help you.

TT

Tyler T.

Entertainment, self-employed

I use Log Me In all the time to assist my family friends with PC and phone issues.

I am able to quickly reach out and assist my friends and family with video editing, computer issues, or every day issues related to PC usage.

Pros

I love that I can connect to any phone or PC any time that I need to with little to no effort. My dad is a network administrator, and he showed me how to use this when I was 10 years old. Any software that is easy enough for a 10 year old to use and understand yet powerful enough for use in a company requiring remote support for 60,000 people is a very well built and excellent tool for remote computer support.

Cons

The cost. Without any student discounts this software is over the price a year which is simply out of the "shadetree" Computer Tech's price range.

JM

Jenna M.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Good

Pros

You can connect to your customers/clients remotely by sending them a web link and a secure pin code for them to enter. You can request control of the computer and the customer authorises this action. there is the ability to record the session too which is helpful for reviewing support cases.

Cons

The recordings have at times been unreliable at times, which has meant we have lost data necessary to review cases. The support team are actively assisting with this.

TB

Timothy B.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Love it.

Very good application, has everything I need to be able to help users remotely.

Pros

The ability to handle multiple sessions at once. Pause/Resume sessions.

Cons

Unable to remote into a computer using just their computer name/IP - It will find it, but always say the username/password is incorrect, when it isnt.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Sharing Screen is easy with LogMeIn Rescue

Pros

With the help of internet i can share computer screens and can do work on the LogMeIn Rescue Enabled computer. Easy to install. Marker is available. Eraser is there to remove marked content on the screen.

Cons

Software is not optimised ang is a bit slow.

1,001-5,000 employees

Quite possibly the easiest to use, most streamlined remote support solution we've ever used!

Pros

I love that the entire service can easily be scaled up or down, accommodating to large help desks & smaller help desks equally. It's made it incredibly easy to provide technical support to our employees and customers, unlike anything we've used before.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that support can sometimes take some time. Everything else is fast, reliable, and flexible.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

Easy to Use Software!

Pros

The software is very simple to use and end users even without any computer knowledge can go in and put in the code very quickly and easily giving remote access.

Cons

The thing I like the least about LMI is that sometimes it will lag and freeze up. In a rare event someone has dial up internet it doesn't function very well.

RP

Richard P.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

A good choice for remote support.

Overall this software has benefited us. It is well received by our customers and helps us get the job done quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Once installed it is easy to use. It generates both emails with embedded links and session numbers to make access for customer easy. It is robust and reliable and rarely encounters issues.

Cons

I felt that it was a bit expensive compared to its competitors but thats not to say its not a decent piece of software. Sometimes when you remote in to a customer and they share an RDP session, the mouse and keyboard can stop responding. This might not be LogMeIn but environmental so may not be related.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

LogMeIn Makes it Easy

LogMeIn helped us take a big step forward with remote customer support. Customers love it because it allows us to solve most of their tech problems without ever having to enter their premises. We love it because it saves us a lot of time on the road.

Pros

LogMeIn is probably the easiest remote support software I have ever used. Setup is quick and easy for both, the client in need of support and the support tech. Connections are solid and trouble-free, giving us the opportunity to provide support without tedious and annoying interruptions from glitches. And the fact that it works across multiple platforms is a bonus. Highly recommend this software!

Cons

We really found nothing that we would consider a con. Everything about the software was easy, and it did exactly what it was intended to do, free of problems and frustration.