Rescue Logo
Rescue

Remote support for helpdesks, call centers and organizations

visit website

Rescue Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.84/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It is really an amazing experience, it made our life very easy and customers really loved the option to have icon on their desktops that they just double click on it to ask for support.

There are a lot of options for delivering the connection info. There is good reporting, and the ability to capture screens, as long as we are working from the office, and strong APIs.

JP

Jed P.

This program is very easy for our staff to use, and very easy for the customer to initiate a support session. The ability to transfer client sessions between Tech Support reps is great.

NR

Nathanial R.

The recordings have at times been unreliable at times, which has meant we have lost data necessary to review cases.

JM

Jenna M.

Wish LMI vetted these groups more to stop giving their image a bad name.

AB

Aren B.

A lot of bugs that makes it difficult to control.

ML

Marissa L.

Rescue users...

GoToMyPC-logocaret
listing-logo

GoToMyPC

Compare both
How would you rate Rescue?

LogMeIn Baby

Transcript

Greg: Hi, I'm Greg. I'm systems and network administrator for the home improvement industry. I'd give...

I miss this software so much.

Pros

It was an extremely reliable software and that was very easy to use and was exactly what we needed for our business.

Cons

Not being able to customize the interface like other softwares could be helpful and the pricing is a little high.

LogMeIn Rescue Review

This is a good tool for remote troubleshooting of PC issues

Pros

I use it daily in troubleshooting PC related issues remotely, it has alot of good features which make remote troubleshooting smooth

Cons

Sometimes it gets blocked by PC firewalls and this requires making some changes to the PC settings, which can be difficult if the company does not give its employees admin access over their PCs

Quite possibly the easiest to use, most streamlined remote support solution we've ever used!

Pros

I love that the entire service can easily be scaled up or down, accommodating to large help desks & smaller help desks equally. It's made it incredibly easy to provide technical support to our employees and customers, unlike anything we've used before.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that support can sometimes take some time. Everything else is fast, reliable, and flexible.

This was very helpful in assisting clients with software issues

overall we were able to get things don with ease so its a good program.

Pros

I liked that you could use it with out downloading any addition sever software.

Cons

that when it required administrative permission the client had to be there cause it would freeze up on my end, usually we tell the client they didn't need to stay why we worked on there PC remotely, this would hinder us a problem.

The best remote software to use

It's been a blessing to our desktop support dept since we have to troubleshoot about 100 of our sales employees all over the U.S.

Pros

it's ease of use. Remote users are able to follow the instructions easily and allow the technicians to connect remotely to their machines for troubleshooting. The connection is very quick. Lots of options but I only use the file transfer feature to transfer files I need to install on the remote machine.

Cons

Not much I don't like about this software. It is very easy to use, as long as the user has internet connection you're good to go.

Easy to Use Software!

Pros

The software is very simple to use and end users even without any computer knowledge can go in and put in the code very quickly and easily giving remote access.

Cons

The thing I like the least about LMI is that sometimes it will lag and freeze up. In a rare event someone has dial up internet it doesn't function very well.

Great Way To Help On Campus Users On The Fly

Pros

We could use one feature of this software to view the desktop of the user in question.

Cons

Some users were not comfortable having me log into their desktop.

Online PCs with LogMeIn

Pros

The best is that I can add my home's PC and any number of my work's PCs online under my account, so I can access my work's PC from home and vise verse, also I can add client's PCs to my account so I can easily connect to help them for any technical problems, the great also is that I can do that even from my cell phone, so even while transportation time, I can help my colleagues and my clients. The performance is very good and it really bugs free, I like also the availability to turn the destination PC's screen to black, so others don't know what I'm doing, also no problems with CTRL+Alt+Delete for the destination PC as LogMeIn avails a special button for this.

Cons

Sometimes I find the destination PC is turned off, so I suggest to add a cell phone# with each added PC, so if it is Off and if I'm trying to connect to it, LogMeIn should send a message or a notification to the cell phone number's owner that "My Name" is trying to access your PC and it is Off, please turn it on.

Simple and Powerful

Pros

Remotely viewing and controlling computers and devices is easy. File transfer is secure and navigation through the UI is effortless. Multiple sessions allows for troubleshooting with ease.

Cons

file transfer speed could be improved. Overall fantastic though.

LogMeIn Rescue Saves Time and Resources

Wonderful. Would certainly recommend.

Pros

The ease of use for the end user, with the easy to access web portal. The robust array of admin tools.

Cons

There is a slightly longer than ideal delay between starting connection and the time to get onto a users machine.

Quick and easy to connect remotely with clients

Effective and efficient solution to resolve our customers issues via secure remote access.

Pros

With the LogMeIn Rescue platform, we can easily connect remotely with our customers all over the world within few seconds.It saves our time and money.Also it will gain our customers satisfaction on our solutions. It is the best solution when we want to support customers via remote access.Even we can have more than one remote sessions.Simple process and easy to understand the requirements of clients due to reliability and security of the communication protocol.

Cons

User interfaces should be improve more with UI/UX principles and guidelines.

LogMeIn Rescue is a quick efficient tool for remoting onto users computers.

Overall I enjoy this software and it does a great job at being lightweight so it rarely has lagged.

Pros

Rarely has any lag in my experience. Allows you to run scripts from the console. Love the system info it provides. The file manager works wonderfully when doing large file transfers.

Cons

I haven't found an easy way to share scripts with other techs that use it. I have had issues dialing in the actions to run and would like to see more improvements in this regard.

LogMeIn Makes it Easy

LogMeIn helped us take a big step forward with remote customer support. Customers love it because it allows us to solve most of their tech problems without ever having to enter their premises. We love it because it saves us a lot of time on the road.

Pros

LogMeIn is probably the easiest remote support software I have ever used. Setup is quick and easy for both, the client in need of support and the support tech. Connections are solid and trouble-free, giving us the opportunity to provide support without tedious and annoying interruptions from glitches. And the fact that it works across multiple platforms is a bonus. Highly recommend this software!

Cons

We really found nothing that we would consider a con. Everything about the software was easy, and it did exactly what it was intended to do, free of problems and frustration.

Decent remote access software

Pros

Great little application that makes it a ton easier to support users remotely. Users can connect to a session, or admins can initiate a remote session from their end. Fairly light in terms of resource usage, and easy to navigate.

Cons

Price is a bit high in light of other free options available in the market. The features do make up for the price, but might be a sticking point for users who don't need ALL the features offered by LogMeIn.

Love this product!

I have really benefitted from the remote service that IT can provide me no matter where I am in the world.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and allows the layman to connect with IT support to solve issues in an efficient method.

Cons

I don't know what other features I would find useful but I'm sure I'd love whatever they offer initially. But the basic functionality is such a lifesaver that I'm very pleased with the product.

Logmein

Works well for remote IT help.

Pros

The great thing about logmein is that I can send my internal customers with an email with a direct link so that I can access their the computer remotely to help with program installations. Very easy to use.

Cons

Logmein has a bit of security loophole where users may not be aware that another person still has rights to see and control their computers.

LogMeInRescue

more and more of our staff are remote and we need ways to support them

Pros

More and more of our staff are remote and we need ways to support them. This allows us to be able to see their screens and figure out their issue much easier.

Cons

Some users have a hard time figuring out the download of the software and then approving access, makes it a little more

Simple Remote Software That Gets The Job Done

Ease of remote access support.

Pros

LogMeIn Rescue has a lightweight interface and is quite easy to use. I used it when it was free and also when it came at a cost, but it was a great tool overall.

Cons

This software is typically blocked by a lot of companies because of malicious use of trial software, so there is a hit on its reputation.

Really really is one of the best remote support software!

It really helped me to support customers with so much ease.

Pros

I'd go to say it's 100% one of the best remote support software money can buy.. It works so well.. I urge you to have a look and try it you won't be disappointed.

Cons

Nothing!! it does what it says on the tin and so much more than you would ever need for a good support software.

A good remote "takeover" tool but pricy solution

LogMeIn has been on this market for years. It has different products for different usage. For serious Helpdesk support, this is a true product to look into it.

Pros

I have used LogMeIn for sometime, overall, it is a solid product. The LogMeIn Rescue is a good Support/Help Desk product and does not need to be pre-installed on client machines. Send them a link and you can control from there. Unlike WebEx, after the lightweight client is installed, user does not need to give control to Helpdesk support, it is a true easy solution for clients. File transfer feature is easy, too

Cons

We encountered some Win10 issues occasionally but LogMein support can't get to the bottom of it either. UAC prompt is a headache but this is an issue (actually a security feature) on Win10 so it is unavoidable. License is not cheap and it certainly stopped some smaller businesses from using it

Excellent support program

We have used LogMeIn for several years to troubleshoot and address issues at all of our sales offices, this has eliminated a lot of down time as well as the need to travel to these offices.

Pros

The ability to remotely access terminals at all of our office locations, very easy to use, intuitive interface

Cons

Infrequent connection issues which require reconnecting, but is a rare and minor issue

LogmeIn Rescue is a nice tool to have.

This is a great tool for any IT Professional that will be supporting customers remotely.

Pros

It works well especially with customers that do not have good computer skills.

Cons

This software takes effort and time to setup properly. It can be confusing for an end user to adapt.

Logmein 123

Pros

Can always be relied on to get remote support through to get a matter taken care of I tend to get help from a fellow team on and off and we use logmein.

Cons

logmein is very secure or at least for the most part anything is still possible but if your ok paying for it I trust logmein more than teamview as of this point personally.

Using Logme in Rescue

Pros

I like the esay way to help my clientes across platforms

Cons

I'd like that allow me to connect with servers easly just like another solutions

Always fast when I needed help

IT issues solved fast

Pros

I LOVE that when I'm on a LogMeIn session, I can actually see them taking over my screen. That way, when I am doing this task again, I know the exact prompts they used to fix the issue.

Cons

I didn't like that sometimes I would have to wait for the session to go live. Especially when the problem happened with a client waiting to be cashed out.