OneSignal

Mobile and web push notifications for customer engagement

OneSignal Reviews

Pros

OneSignal is the best free push notification solution available. I tried a competitor’s product before switching to OneSignal, and OneSignal has been so much more reliable.

Great tool for marketing departments and to generate important amounts of traffic. Simple and effective GUI.

jordi t.

samuel o.

Cons

The slightest change (http to https) meant that I lost all my subscribers that I had worked hard to build over a few years. It was the biggest letdown before they added the paid service.

I've have some concern about how the data used by my instance are used by the company. The template miss the possibility to inject value, this can be a big problem to use it.

Enrico D.

It is difficult for users to figure out how to opt out of notifications if they change their minds later, which has led to some problems. Not easy to configure for iOS.

Shereen S.

4.6

Great push alert system for news organizations

We use OneSignal to reliably push notifications to thousands of our newspaper readers about breaking news, weather events and emergencies. This keeps readers informed, while benefiting our organization by sending traffic to our site.

Pros

Works well to push notifications about breaking news and other important stories to readers of our online newspaper. Works especially well for desktop users.

Cons

Great to get started but expensive if you want to use all features

Push integration for small-medium projects are easily done and quickly integrated. Helps getting started and reduces development time.

Pros

It's really easy to set up push notifications for small projects with limited requirements. Implementation of the SDK is also well documented and done within 1-2 hours.

Cons

Recently they reduced features and push you to move to the paid plan (e.g. limited amount of segments, GDPR compliance only for paid users). This had a huge impact and pricing for apps with lots of active users get's expensive quickly.

Onesignal - The Popular Among All

Initially, it was good, i integrated one signal with App and web but when they announce it's not free things got very difficult and I moved to Truepush

Pros

Onesignal has wide support to almost all kind of platforms, So if you want to use Onesignal for App/Website at the same time this is the best option because they have SDK for every platform and the detailed documentation will help you to implement is quick, They have a WordPress plugin to make your task easy if you are a blogger

Cons

They promised that it will be free for lifetime when I started using OneSignal. It was I think 2016 and since then I gained 70K subscribers then they set the limit of 3)K and then 10K so it just they offered fake promise I guess, If I move to any other platform I lose 70K users otherwise pay for it.

Great Push Notification Software

Pros

OneSignal is great for sending push notifications - even the setup is so simple that I was able to implement and add platforms such as IOS and i have no coding skills- we have used it to implement lucrative advertising offers and flag readers of important articles and alerts

Cons

I do not have cons right now for OneSignal - i wish there were way to be able to put link on website and have people subscribe directly but most PUSH platforms do not offer this extra feature to my knowledge

Delivers On Time and Awesomely Free

Pros

OneSignal delivers on time, and once you are able to complete the setup, you will be able to deliver push notifications across different platforms. Another thing is that it is free. I'm still wondering how such a great software could come for free but who am I to complain

Cons

It is hard to set up, especially on Wordpress. First timers without coding knowlege may have difficult time, but watcjing tutorial videos might help

a safe and easy-to-use way to communicate with customers

Pros

in the finance industry, we need to sometimes get information to customers very quickly or on a very regular basis. doing this is easy with onesignal

Cons

onesignal makes staying connected to customers easy and affordable.

Best platform to connect with your customers.

Overall expierience is great. I'm happy with the platform.

Pros

The price is the main thing I consider when selecting this. This offers 30k free subscribers that more than enough for a startup website.

Cons

Its better if there is a feature to filter the subscribers by passing an array of tag values to compare. Currently we can filter subscribers by only a single tag value.

Cross Platform Push Support

Pros

Real-time update of Subscribed and Unsubscribed users to push notifications service. The best tool to increase traffic and keep your engaged subscribers by sending push notifications.

Cons

In a rare situation of migrating to a new domain name or App, you cannot carry the subscribers along which makes them useless.

Easy to use messaging system for Mobil App

Customer support is fast. Web interface is a breeze. Generous allowance on the free plan.

Pros

OneSignal has a friendly and easy to use interface. We have used the free version and it really shines. The limits on the software are very generous compared to others. We have only used the Mobile notifications. We have not tryed the web and iOS messages, yet. It has a lot of reporting and statistics on the push notifications.

Cons

Paid plan starts at $99. You have to use firebase to set it up. Firebase is relatively easy to get.

one of the best push notifications service

in the company we use react native for mobile development and one of the major requirement was that the client don't like to open the app to check for updates. so we decided to use one signal to send notification to users.

Pros

one signal is very very simple to use and implement into your application. it have a very complete documentation that cover almost all the SDK that you may used in your app. setting up the service takes 15-20 minutes max.

Cons

if you use the free version chances that they are using/selling your data. from technical perspective i faced a couple of issues with web notifications sometimes the notification is not pushed.

best push notification

We use on our magazine to brodcast new content and promotion to our readers. IS VERY GOOD!

Pros

I bought a another app but i switch to one signal. We use in our magazine, we send more than 100.000 notification daily. - Insanly good notification service - can track reach, click and other stats - integrate with wordpress (they have plugin) - can segment audience - can send manual push notification - Can integrate native and with popup - Easy to use - Can send automatic notification and schedule - Integrate with alot of other service like Mautic or Zapier. - IS FREE! Support is amazing, i do request add UTM code to track, and they help me to implement on the code. Later they add the option in the plugin. So they help and wanna improve the product. This is one of the best way to reach your audience.

Cons

Not really. Is very good. Maybe the install is kind tricky is you dont have any experience with code or install. But overall is one of the best service i use. I dont have any complain or issue. Work perfect.

Push notifications with ease

Pros

Integrating OneSignal into your mobile app and server calls is extremely easy thanks to their API documentation and SDKs. Their dashboard UI is great too and can help you debug messages being delivered or failing. They are free (but share your data with vendors) or you can pay a fee to not have the data shared.

Cons

OneSignal 503s quite often sometimes push notifications fail, although these issues have happened less and less over time.

A Reliable Push Notification Solution

Pros

We use OneSignal push notifications to alerts to our readers about breaking stories. OneSignal is reliable and delivers notifications within moments after we publish a story. This is important because the stories we publish impact the safety of our readers.

Cons

We have not run into any issues with OneSignal so far. The free option allows up to 30,000 web subscribers, so we’ll have to consider whether we can afford OneSignal’s paid plans after we reach that number.

The Best Push Notification Service Around!

Love it!

Pros

I absolutely love this software! I use it daily and am happy to pay for then upgrade because it helps me to reach, retain, and reconnect with my site visitors without me giving it much thought. Truly set and forget.

Cons

If you can. Integrate with just a few more email providers it would be awesome!

Best Push Notification Tool

My overall experience with OneSignal Push Notification is very good. But I am rating it 8 out of 10 due to some high price, that is not acceptable.

Pros

One Signal is best push notification tool in my eye. I am using this from last two years. It has many features like you can send notification using Intelligence delivery so that your CTR will increase, you can schedule your notification. Moreover, you can integrate OneSignal with your CRM like WordPress.

Cons

The only thing i did't like of OneSignal is pricing. Obviously it is free upto 30K users but if you have 200k users then you have to pay $500 per month and it is quiet high.

It is a powerful tool to make subscribers and send them latest updates.

Pros

We are using OneSignal on all of our websites. Our subscribers are increasing day by day. Now everytime we publish a new post it reaches to our subscribers instantly.

Cons

We didn't find any issues with it. Its free of cost. We love this tool.

A free push notification software?! Sign me up!

A push notification service for free! There's no greater benefit than zero cost to consumer!

Pros

At the price (free) this software simply cannot be beat. We were using a much more expensive software for over a year until we finally came across One Signal, which has all the same capabilities for free!

Cons

The implementation of any push notification software can be a bit technical to non-developers, but that's the nature of the beast, and certainly not the fault of One Signal, who has made the process as simple as it can possibly be. Great software, don't miss the opportunity, just hire a freelance developer to implement if you can't figure it out on your own.

A Lifesaver

I would definitely recommend OpenSignal to any other organization who chooses to undertake a project such as the one we are currently completing.

Pros

OpenSignal was adopted by my organization when we began to implement wireless technology in our emergency response vehicles. When operating a computer aided dispatch system, it’s critical that first responders have access to the information they need at the moment they need it. OpenSignal enabled us to understand the connectivity and speeds available in different areas of our jurisdiction, and that information has enabled us to make informed decisions on the best ways to implement our systems.

Cons

There really isn’t anything that I disliked about OpenSignal. It served its purpose and did so flawlessly.

Great push notification service

If you rule a small-medium site and want to get your users more engaged, this tool is for you. Its possible to start with free tier so you can test the pros/cons of using it and see if it's worth

Pros

Great tool for marketing departments and to generate important amounts of traffic - Simple and effective GUI - Can schedule and plan notifications easily - Allows segmentation - Wordpress and other platforms integration

Cons

- Once you want to deliver to multiple sites/devices (web mobile) you have to schedule different notifications - Free means giving data to advertisers

Thank you Jordi for the nice review. The OneSignal team appreciates the review. Please note that OneSignal does NOT share any data with advertisers or sell data to anybody. The free product is free.

Beneficial for publishers

Sending free push notifications to my users.

Pros

Using this plugin for a while. The plugin is very useful to send push notications to our visitors about latest posts. The most beautiful thing about this is it is free.

Cons

It send one push notification on chrome. If you will publish an another post then this push notification will overwrite the previous push notification.

Quick solutions for push notifications

You can measure the success of a web project goal or objectives through the app delivery reports. It makes it easy to see how well or how poor they are working.

Pros

I can send personalized messages to potential clients' interests with push notifications and have them interact with the content with a call to action. It helps me craft messages that encourage visitors to my site to take action. The WordPress plugin is straightforward; very easy to install. It works like a charm. Easy implementation and execution. You get detailed report of message delivery in real time.

Cons

I find the Wordpress plugin to be easiest to install but not without some hickups along the way. I wish they could extend support for other well-known site bulders. It's not fun for non tech savy enthusiants.

Ideal solution for many cases

Pros

If you have a website with information about one topic, that all visitors will find useful, then OneSignal does everything you need. Plug it in and away you go. If you’re a website with multiple topics or verticals then you’ll need a small amount of development, or install via Google Tag Manager to segment the users into groups for sending. The high limit on free accounts is fantastic.

Cons

For websites with large amounts of traffic the rates are a little higher than competitors.

Used to be the best

Timely notifications to readers/listeners. Connecting with them almost instantaneously was a good feeling. It was fun while it lasted

Pros

It would do exactly what it claimed to do 9 out of 10 times. Clearly was light years ahead of the competition.

Need push notification

It has been very easy and effective. I am still on the free version, and it is definitely bringing traffic to our site.

Pros

It works well with our WordPress site. I was able to implement it easily, myself. And since we've installed it we have hundreds of people getting our notifications when we post.

Cons

There is no customization in free version, which is fine I guess. Not sure what the cost is to upgrade.

OneSignal is simple and feature-rich push notification service

Pros

There are many features that makes OneSignal unique: 1. Target Users based on the country 2. Schedule notifications 3. Free to use 4. Supports major platforms for easy integration like WordPress.

Cons

I never faced any issues as per my usage but I want it to have a welcome notification for new subscribers. But, overall, it is great as a Free service.