OneSignal Logo

OneSignal

Mobile and web push notifications for customer engagement

OneSignal Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.52/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

OneSignal is the best free push notification solution available. I tried a competitor’s product before switching to OneSignal, and OneSignal has been so much more reliable.
Great tool for marketing departments and to generate important amounts of traffic. Simple and effective GUI.
The slightest change (http to https) meant that I lost all my subscribers that I had worked hard to build over a few years. It was the biggest letdown before they added the paid service.
I've have some concern about how the data used by my instance are used by the company. The template miss the possibility to inject value, this can be a big problem to use it.
Doesnt have advanced features. Unless you are a beginner, using One signal might be boring for you.

OneSignal users...

PushEngage-logocaret

PushEngage

Pushwoosh-logocaret

Pushwoosh

How would you rate OneSignal?

Best and feature-packed tool for push notification

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this tool. It has all the features that I need for push notifications and sending offers to my audience.

Pros

I use it to send push notifications to my website visitors. Using OneSignal, I collect notifications from subscribers and send them notifications related to new posts, offers, and updates. The best thing about this tool is that it is very easy to set up. You can customize and set it for different platforms like chrome, safari, android, ios, edge, etc. The analytics feature is also very good which allows me to view the customer journey, notification history, etc. It also supports multiple CMS like WordPress, Shopify, Blogger, Magento, Wix, Squarespace, Joomla, etc.

Cons

It should have a feature to remove inactive and duplicate subscribers.

Popular tool, but limited unless you pay more

Depending on what you want, OneSignal might be for you, either for free or pretty expensive, in my opinion. If you want it just as a tool for push notification, then it does it and it does it pretty great. No flaws there. But you do need to know how to use it and integrate it. It's not as straighforward and easy to use as some would like. And if you want more features, depending on what you want, be...

Pros

OneSignal has many features. So many that in fact it might be overwhelming for people. They not only offer push notifications, but SMS and emails as well... at an extra cost either to them, or a external provider for SMS. You are pretty unlimited with the free plan, but that's where everything stops, because if you need to use this tool beyond the very basic, then you'll need to get on the paid plan. Since it's so popular there is extensive documentations and videos that will show you how to do almost anything you want to do with it. They also have a lot of integrations with various tools.

Cons

Extra costs for tags, which is pretty crazy since a big ecommerce store might have over 500 tags. It does sometimes feel that each feature is added as a "money grab" opportunity, like everything has a price tag. For example Basic A/B testing and Advanced - just so that if you want the advanced one, you must get into the higher plan.

Onesignal - The Popular Among All

Initially, it was good, i integrated one signal with App and web but when they announce it's not free things got very difficult and I moved to Truepush

Pros

Onesignal has wide support to almost all kind of platforms, So if you want to use Onesignal for App/Website at the same time this is the best option because they have SDK for every platform and the detailed documentation will help you to implement is quick, They have a WordPress plugin to make your task easy if you are a blogger

Cons

They promised that it will be free for lifetime when I started using OneSignal. It was I think 2016 and since then I gained 70K subscribers then they set the limit of 3)K and then 10K so it just they offered fake promise I guess, If I move to any other platform I lose 70K users otherwise pay for it.

Using One Signal to increase user retention

We are using One Signal to engage visitors of our site and mobile apps.

Pros

I like the user friendly admin panel for non tech-savvy users and the integration with many services/platforms.

Cons

I tThe pricing model has a big jump between the free version to the next tier. I will think in a mid-cost plan for small and medium size business.

Onesignal to rule themall

We've used onesignal for many years and we are very satisfied.

Pros

Push notifications that work really great on web and mobile devices, clean interface with a bunch of features that easy the way we develop and they have a great support.

Cons

Every new feature for android and ios is always implemented but I think they should focus on enrich the already existent features making this great tool even greater than add some characteristics that not everyone needs.

Great to get started but expensive if you want to use all features

Push integration for small-medium projects are easily done and quickly integrated. Helps getting started and reduces development time.

Pros

It's really easy to set up push notifications for small projects with limited requirements. Implementation of the SDK is also well documented and done within 1-2 hours.

Cons

Recently they reduced features and push you to move to the paid plan (e.g. limited amount of segments, GDPR compliance only for paid users). This had a huge impact and pricing for apps with lots of active users get's expensive quickly.

Great push alert system for news organizations

We use OneSignal to reliably push notifications to thousands of our newspaper readers about breaking news, weather events and emergencies. This keeps readers informed, while benefiting our organization by sending traffic to our site.

Pros

Works well to push notifications about breaking news and other important stories to readers of our online newspaper. Works especially well for desktop users.

Cons

It is difficult for users to figure out how to opt out of notifications if they change their minds later, which has led to some problems. Not easy to configure for iOS.

I use it for my website push notifications

Pros

I use it to integrate push notifications on my website, I love that I can configure it for desktop notifications and also for mobile devices. It is easy to use and integrate it with my web applications. Their pricing plans are very accessible, and their free plan is great, it allows you unlimited subscribers up to 10,000 recipients per message.

Cons

I can't find something I really don't like about OneSignal, it is the # 1 Push Notification Platform.

Great Tool for push notification

Pros

If you ever wanted to use push notifiation tool, i'll suggest to go for onesignal as it is great tool for push notification, it provides you indepth details of your customer like country, type of device and much more so that you'll create segment as per your need. Also AI notificcation features is wonderfully it will deliver the notification to the end customer whenever they will turn-on the device so that your CTR will improve.

Cons

From starting to till now, the only one things i am worried about the data, like they don't have option to get backup your data in case if you need to migrate to other tool.

Very solid Product

Pros

Since using OneSignal for my push notification needs, I have not looked back. Integration with OneSignal is simple and straight forward. I can send push notification to all my app and website users. It is definitely a product I would recommend.

Cons

There are no complaints regarding the software's functionality and reliability. However, the price could be a bit more affordable.

best push notification

We use on our magazine to brodcast new content and promotion to our readers. IS VERY GOOD!

Pros

I bought a another app but i switch to one signal. We use in our magazine, we send more than 100.000 notification daily. - Insanly good notification service - can track reach, click and other stats - integrate with wordpress (they have plugin) - can segment audience - can send manual push notification - Can integrate native and with popup - Easy to use - Can send automatic notification and schedule - Integrate with alot of other service like Mautic or Zapier. - IS FREE! Support is amazing, i do request add UTM code to track, and they help me to implement on the code. Later they add the option in the plugin. So they help and wanna improve the product. This is one of the best way to reach your audience.

Cons

Not really. Is very good. Maybe the install is kind tricky is you dont have any experience with code or install. But overall is one of the best service i use. I dont have any complain or issue. Work perfect.

Push notifications with ease

Pros

Integrating OneSignal into your mobile app and server calls is extremely easy thanks to their API documentation and SDKs. Their dashboard UI is great too and can help you debug messages being delivered or failing. They are free (but share your data with vendors) or you can pay a fee to not have the data shared.

Cons

OneSignal 503s quite often sometimes push notifications fail, although these issues have happened less and less over time.

A Reliable Push Notification Solution

Pros

We use OneSignal push notifications to alerts to our readers about breaking stories. OneSignal is reliable and delivers notifications within moments after we publish a story. This is important because the stories we publish impact the safety of our readers.

Cons

We have not run into any issues with OneSignal so far. The free option allows up to 30,000 web subscribers, so we’ll have to consider whether we can afford OneSignal’s paid plans after we reach that number.

Impactful User Engagement Application.

OneSignal helps me deliver my targeted audience the right message at the right time. Users spend longer time on my website, Which leads to more user engagement and higher conversion rates.

Pros

OneSignal is easy to use. and offers a variety of customization and targeting features that help me target and engage the exact segment of my website's visitors.

Cons

I find the traffic analytics and user flow reports need more enhancement, like adding more data visualization options that make them easier to read and understand.

Great Push Notification Software

Pros

OneSignal is great for sending push notifications - even the setup is so simple that I was able to implement and add platforms such as IOS and i have no coding skills- we have used it to implement lucrative advertising offers and flag readers of important articles and alerts

Cons

I do not have cons right now for OneSignal - i wish there were way to be able to put link on website and have people subscribe directly but most PUSH platforms do not offer this extra feature to my knowledge

The Best Push Notification Service Around!

Love it!

Pros

I absolutely love this software! I use it daily and am happy to pay for then upgrade because it helps me to reach, retain, and reconnect with my site visitors without me giving it much thought. Truly set and forget.

Cons

If you can. Integrate with just a few more email providers it would be awesome!

Delivers On Time and Awesomely Free

Pros

OneSignal delivers on time, and once you are able to complete the setup, you will be able to deliver push notifications across different platforms. Another thing is that it is free. I'm still wondering how such a great software could come for free but who am I to complain

Cons

It is hard to set up, especially on Wordpress. First timers without coding knowlege may have difficult time, but watcjing tutorial videos might help

Best Push Notification Tool

My overall experience with OneSignal Push Notification is very good. But I am rating it 8 out of 10 due to some high price, that is not acceptable.

Pros

One Signal is best push notification tool in my eye. I am using this from last two years. It has many features like you can send notification using Intelligence delivery so that your CTR will increase, you can schedule your notification. Moreover, you can integrate OneSignal with your CRM like WordPress.

Cons

The only thing i did't like of OneSignal is pricing. Obviously it is free upto 30K users but if you have 200k users then you have to pay $500 per month and it is quiet high.

a safe and easy-to-use way to communicate with customers

Pros

in the finance industry, we need to sometimes get information to customers very quickly or on a very regular basis. doing this is easy with onesignal

Cons

onesignal makes staying connected to customers easy and affordable.

It is a powerful tool to make subscribers and send them latest updates.

Pros

We are using OneSignal on all of our websites. Our subscribers are increasing day by day. Now everytime we publish a new post it reaches to our subscribers instantly.

Cons

We didn't find any issues with it. Its free of cost. We love this tool.

Best platform to connect with your customers.

Overall expierience is great. I'm happy with the platform.

Pros

The price is the main thing I consider when selecting this. This offers 30k free subscribers that more than enough for a startup website.

Cons

Its better if there is a feature to filter the subscribers by passing an array of tag values to compare. Currently we can filter subscribers by only a single tag value.

Cross Platform Push Support

Pros

Real-time update of Subscribed and Unsubscribed users to push notifications service. The best tool to increase traffic and keep your engaged subscribers by sending push notifications.

Cons

In a rare situation of migrating to a new domain name or App, you cannot carry the subscribers along which makes them useless.

A free push notification software?! Sign me up!

A push notification service for free! There's no greater benefit than zero cost to consumer!

Pros

At the price (free) this software simply cannot be beat. We were using a much more expensive software for over a year until we finally came across One Signal, which has all the same capabilities for free!

Cons

The implementation of any push notification software can be a bit technical to non-developers, but that's the nature of the beast, and certainly not the fault of One Signal, who has made the process as simple as it can possibly be. Great software, don't miss the opportunity, just hire a freelance developer to implement if you can't figure it out on your own.

Multi- Platform Marketing Tool

Pros

Free Plan- We first started out with this offer, and the results were pretty amazing. Then, after three months we as an organization decided to level up and purchased Growth plan. With Growth plan, we were able to reach out to a larger target through emails and SMS. The budget for Growth Plans is affordable. Works well with push notifications about events in our organization to our clients and potential clients. These push-up notifications are delivered in a moment and give us metrics on the delivered and failed notifications.

Cons

The implementation can be a bit technical when configuring push notification software to non-developers. There is a limitation to 3rd party service providers. So, we cant integrate with other Apps

Easy to use messaging system for Mobil App

Customer support is fast. Web interface is a breeze. Generous allowance on the free plan.

Pros

OneSignal has a friendly and easy to use interface. We have used the free version and it really shines. The limits on the software are very generous compared to others. We have only used the Mobile notifications. We have not tryed the web and iOS messages, yet. It has a lot of reporting and statistics on the push notifications.

Cons

Paid plan starts at $99. You have to use firebase to set it up. Firebase is relatively easy to get.