OptinMonster Logo

OptinMonster

Lead generation software for marketers

OptinMonster Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.45/10

Reviews by rating

The company I used it for, really reaped its benefits. The experience was great, not just with the application itself but their service is wonderful.
I actually really liked the software. Also must add that customer service is completely AMAZING!!! I am so happy they helped me.
Customer service is solid and you're given handle tips on how to improve conversion in their regular email blasts. The price is pretty much unbeatable for what you get so would definately recommend.
Minimal functionality and Bad Customer Support.
They lack official integration with SendGrid Marketing Campaigns.
There are some weird CSS features that they include (like a randomly named css class for each individual form) that can make duplication difficult.

Alfredo B.

Amazing software!

The company I used it for, really reaped its benefits! The experience was great, not just with the application itself but their service is wonderful!

Pros

This software is a MUST-HAVE for your website if you're serious about putting forth a functional inbound strategy. It's very easy to use and setup. The notification builder is great and intuitive, as well as the reporting feature.

Cons

Can't say that I have any cons I'd like to write about, it is flawless!

BW

Brandon W.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Lots of templates but not very customizable

Pros

OptinMonster is a great lead gen tool for exit intent, slide-in CTA, lightbox popups, etc. The user interface and building a popup took me a little while but once I got the hang of it, not so bad. Also, whenever I've had questions or needed help their support team responded very quickly.

Cons

The biggest drawback is their templates are not very customizable. You can change colors of buttons and background colors and insert your own image but the templates I tried, the platform doesn't allow you move things around to get the pixel-perfect design I want. For example, inserting an image was locked into place basically without being able to crop it if necessary or move it closer or further away from other elements. Other competing software does offer that capability.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great for small retailers, not growing SaaS

The support helped me a lot but to be honest, this is not a robust tool for a growing SaaS business.

Pros

The support. Hands down the best I've seen of any similar product.

Cons

Biggest drawback? You can ONLY add the following fields in ANY form built with OptinMonster: - Fullname - Email - Phone - Privacy Text - Submit If you are a savvy marketer who works with big data. Or, a marketer in a growing SaaS company, you know this is nowhere near 'a good form'. Yes, you can add custom fields but then you need to code. That also means that you can't use the 'success view'. So, all you are paying for is a glorified third-party ad server with close-intent tech.

Shane J.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

So happy I came back to OptinMonster

The software is excellent, and the service is exceptional!

Pros

Re-capturing Blog browser attention and getting them to optin for content upgrades is the best feature.

Cons

OptinMonster is fairly simple to use so no complaints.

BT

Bao T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Good for A/B test and performance tracking

Design popups and iterate based on AB testing performances. It gets the job done, but very time consuming. at times.

Pros

The AB testing capabilities of this product are top-notch. It provides a user-friendly interface that makes it incredibly easy to set up and run experiments without any technical hassle. One standout feature that I particularly enjoyed is the drag and drop functionality. It allows you to create and customize designs without any coding knowledge. This feature is incredibly convenient and significantly speeds up the design process.Great library of designs. It offers a wide range of professionally crafted templates and elements that cater to various industries and design styles.

Cons

The product is geared towards users with a solid technical background. I found myself spending more time than anticipated trying to locate specific features or elements, which slowed down my workflow.

Environmental Services, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Great upside, depending on your web platform and aims

Impressed with the product, I can see the value it would add to higher traffic websites. As an earlier stage venture, it was probably overspec for my needs.

Pros

Slick, advanced technology for pop-up opt-in forms. Easy to create good-looking, smart forms with really impressive functionality. Exit intent is the most technologically impressive, but I thought the sidebar and embedded forms were the most practical. Great that it plugs into email marketing software like MailChimp and the like, avoids the need for using Zapier or a more manual workaround. The form creation menus were mostly self explanatory and straightforward.

Cons

I'm likely an anomaly, but I had trouble getting it to work consistently with the website builder I use (Strikingly). The pop-ups usually worked, but the embedded forms often didn't load. I'm still impressed with the technology, but it's worth thoroughly testing that the opt-ins work correctly on your website before committing, especially if you intend to buy one of the more expensive plans.

Brian K.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

I love Optin Monster

Very pleased with Optin Monster. The customer service is truly outstanding. One time I was struggling making a custom form and they actually had someone do custom CSS and HTML for me! Was awesome

Pros

You could teach this software to someone who has never used a form builder in their life before. It is simple and easy to use. While also being very effective,

Cons

What I wish this software had is the ability to upload files to the forms. So people could submit files for specific pages and what not.

Heiko T.

Lead-Generation Made Easy

Pros

OptinMonster gives you serveral options to setup customized forms / screentakeovers etc. to collect leads in multiple ways on your website. With a few clicks you can setup the connection to your email-marketing-software to store your new subscribers.

Cons

Roughly 2 years ago they changed their interface and the way you set up optins completly from one day to another. At this point the new interface was quite unfamiliar.

Mohan Lal D.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Software to help you collect leads effectively on your Website

Experience with using OptinMonster for generating leads has been good. Optin Monster has various campaign types, pre-built templates, and drag n drop builder which makes it easy to create lead generation campaigns with it.

Pros

There are various things I like about OptinMonster including drag & drop builder, tons of pre-built templates, various options for campaign types, and the Yes/No forms. My favorite part about the software is that it has tons of display options or targeting rules that you can set for your Campaign, this allows you to show relevant campaigns to the user, which in turn helps in improving the overall conversion rate.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about OptinMonster

Kate B.

Complicated But Does It All

Pros

You do have many options when creating your opt-in forms. Seriously, if you can learn how to do it, you can do it in here.

Cons

It's not super intuitive. Every time I go in to create a form and sync it to HubSpot, I have to click around to remember how I did it the last time. Every time. There are so many options in there that it's like a maze trying to figure things out.

ss

senu s.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Optinmonster Review

IT has plethora of well designed templates to select

Pros

The option for display rules is crazy incredelble to setup. Optinmonster has a lot of pre-design and fully customizable templates to choose from. Optinmonster has over the years improved their analytics system and it's still one of the reason I keep using their tool. It also have unique optin forms that can easily be setup by beginners.

Cons

They need to do improvement on the side of third party integrations

PP

Paola P.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Must-have tool for boosting conversion rates and growing an e-mail list!

Pros

Templates! I loved the fact that I did not have to KNOW about design or even think about the kind of offer I would present every time. Just used my designer's branding scheme and applied it to the templates, changing the fonts or colors as necessary and bam! I had created an amazing offer upgrade with virtually no effort. This helped increase my conversions a lot (not sure how much because I don't have the numbers with me) and my e-mail list kept getting new subscribers every day. Absolutely worth the investment! The visual editor makes it easy, and the targeting options are key for conversion, as I'm able to reach the audience I want, when I want.

Cons

I was not a fan of the way google analytics grab data from these, but it's not that important at least for the use I was giving the tool. I would have loved to see more detailed reporting options and split testing features that other lead generation tools do offer. Other than that, it's a great, intuitive tool.

Hey Paola, I'm happy to hear how much you enjoy OptinMonster! Also, thank you for the comments about Google Analytics. I'll be sure to bring this up with the team. If you run into any issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. -Kevin

SW

Steve W.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A good lead generation product

I needed a floating bar pop-up to display special offers and I got it with OptinMonster. OptinMonster is easy to configure. However, you have to keep in mind that it's a two-part process. The first step must be done on their SAAS website, and you must complete the rest of the setup on your WordPress site via their API plugin. It may be confusing sometimes.

Pros

I like its templates, functionality and support.

Cons

I don't like the API style plugin. That means every time a visitor clicks an object on my website, there's a lot of unnecessary traffic between the OptinMonster API plugin (in WordPress) and the OptinMonster website. >>This slows down page load. I wish all OptinMonster functions would be cached on my website.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Opt-in Monster is great at providing quick conversion data and comparing programs to each other

Pros

I like how easy it is to get campaigns up and running within Opt-in Monster over to our website. It never takes me more than 15 minutes to get a basic opt-in for webinar registration up and running. The reporting is also useful and is a quick way to get data on what's getting the most conversions and what isn't.

Cons

We've had a couple of issues with Marketo form integration, but overall our experience with Opt-in Monster is very positive and I would recommend it.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Great service and tools

Pros

We currently like the pop up tools to help us generate leads

Cons

We dont currently dislike anything about opt in monster

HW

Hayley W.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Optinmonster is Great for Lead Gen

I really love the interface, the template options, and the inline campaigns and slide in pop ups are the best.

Pros

Templates are great to build from when creating pop up and inline campaigns

Cons

I do wish the price was a little lower because I do feel like comparable products are more affordable

Tchameni C.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Some improvements will make it a better tool.

It needs further improvements, especially in handling and managing subscribers. The company should consider adding more features and functionalities as well.

Pros

I used optinMonster for opt-in forms. It's quite a great tool for lead generation.Opt-in forms are easy to customize and the user interface is very simple as well. You can drag and drop items into the builder and they readily adapt to small screen devices and it easily integrates with other tools like MailChimp.

Cons

What I dislike about optinMonster is the price for using it. It can be expensive compared to what you'll have to gain in return for your investments and secondly, for proper contact management, It's better to use MailChimp to handle contacts because optinMonster lacks a few functionalities that are essentially for handling managing subscribers. - The forms are also very limited, especially in terms of customization and feature-richness.

Viraj S.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great for Lead Gen campaigns on website

Overall, easy to use software and allows a marketer to run lead-gen campaigns on the website quickly .

Pros

Being from a non-technical background, I found this tool very usefull in creating Optin campaigns on the website without requiring to use any code. It gives you a good variety of options to create optins and make design changes. The display features allow you to really customize it to make sure you are in control of when the optin needs to be displayed.

Cons

Did come across a few issues. I feel the analytics does not show accurate data at times. You might have to change the conversion goal to make it proper. Would really love it if they get a feature where we could use a pop-up and footer optin together.

SA

Sarthak A.

Best Plugin to Convert and Monetize Your Website Traffic

Pros

Super easy to use! The drag and drop builder is the best. Also, the best thing is that we don't need to make campaigns on the wpadmin, which would have been a bit more difficult as per my views.

Cons

Integration with other apps like email marketing could add some more marketing sites like Sendgrid.

Adam R.

Accounting, self-employed

Let's be honest, it sucks.

Pros

They have a few CTA options so I guess that is a positive.

Cons

It's hard to use, support is slow, lots of bugs with their analytics, the builder is incredibly clunky. You're better off with many other tools. Don't waste your time.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Like it

Pros

It has many useful tools and excellent support

Cons

Too many communication emails, I don't have time to process them

I used a free version of Optin Monster and it made designing my website optin form easy.

Pros

What i love most about optin monster is that i created my optin form in a few minutes and for a rookie, that is big.

DK

Deepesh K.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Not worth it

Pros

Nothing that stands out. Functionality cheaply available elsewhere

Cons

Minimal functionality and Bad Customer Support

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Basic popups and slide in forms, but not a lot of form functionality

Pros

It was easy to implement and design the popups, and the audience segmentation functionality was slick.

Cons

The form fields are limited to name, email, and phone number.

jason e.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

OptinMonster Review-2022

A nice & beginner-friendly tool for lead generation.

Pros

With the perplexing optin forms, Optin monster provides, it's easy to persuade subscribers to join the list which in the future can be monetized. For users like myself, the split-testing feature is very important as I get to figure out what is best for my forms. It's a great portal for my future endeavors. It's easy to use and supports most 3rd party integrations. Although they do not offer free...

Cons

the customer support service is not fast. They respond to open time within days and that's not evident to me. Should improve on it and that's why I rated a 2 stars.