QuestionPro Reviews

4.36/5 (44 reviews)

Philip DERHAM

QuestionPro - a quality online survey software program

Reviewed 2015-05-14

The software has been very well designed and is continually updated. It allows you to create attractive, easy-to-complete online surveys, that can be undertaken easily on PCs, laptops, tablets or smart phones. It automatically detects the device type and reformats the look and question style to fit the screen used. That means that matrix questions that can be easily answered on PCs can still be asked and answered by people using smart phones. The matrix converts into drop down lists, so no scrolling across the screen. A clever, useful feature. The reporting is excellent - as is, or the results can be exported t Excel, .sav files for Q or SPSS, and even Power Point. The capacity to upload video or images is very useful and reasonably easy for a respondent to use. The capacity to use QuestionPro to send invitations, monitor responses and manage the unsubscribes etc. is excellent. The support staff, from the most senior to the more recent, are excellent, courteous and available 24x5. They are most helpful in in real time text exchanges and emails. They are patient and are concerned to see you get the solution you need. Not everything is sunny. A back button, when scripting is used, as it often is, would be useful. Similarly, the automatically generated Excel reports give all the data (which is very useful) and also tables that are percentaged to the number who answer each question, rather than the total respondent sample (which I prefer). These tables are static, so you can't remove a record and have them change. What I do like is the continual improvements that are being made, some minor and some more significant, and the willingness of all the staff I have engaged with, to be as helpful as possible. Refinements E.G. mapping where respondents are and what devices they used to complete the survey with, and the operating system used, are very useful additional details that help clients. Plus, the capacity to import data on the email list, when a list is used to invite response, is very powerful, because when information about an individual respondent is known, there is no need to collect it again, keeping the surveys shorter and yet enabling us to marry pre-known and survey-obtained information and so answer the client's needs more effectively. Overall, an excellent and well-supported package and system and one I recommend.

George Lowe

Written Review of QuestionPro

Reviewed 2014-11-02

I have to say that my review here is limited because I was not able to utilize all the features that the QuestiontPro software tool has to offer. Since my sample size for the survey was a small one--limited to the 29 largest school districts among a total of 330 in the state of California, but which school districts account for over 60% of the state's student population; it became apparent, after attempting to conduct a simple pilot survey among local districts, that my sample group would not likely respond to the survey for a number of reasons. Given these constraints: the fact that I only received one response; that I could not very well perform analytics on a single response; but that I had successfully developed a complex survey and had administered it online using an online survey software tool (QuestionPro); my professor was satisfied that I had completed the elements for the final project in his class. My research in education compensation reform will continue throughout my doctoral program including my dissertation and I have decided to use QuestionPro throughout this academic undertaking. The decision to use QuestionPro was made after carful comparison of a number of other named survey software tools available online. The factors leading to my choice of QuestionPro included: its small learning curve; the ability to talk to someone 24/7 regarding survey questions or in seeking technical advice; its friendly and courteous support staff; its ability to interface with SPSS; and price. I have not encountered any cons as yet in the use of the software, but I will be more than happy to continue to provide helpful comments as I use your software throughout the next few years. I do have to extend a special thanks to Yogesh Vig who has been tremendously helpful in the use of the QuestionPro. He is extremely professional and its been a pleasure working with him. I definitely plan to recommend QuestionPro to all my classmates and future professors. Thanks George Lowe

Philip DERHAM

Simple to use and usually very effective.

Reviewed 2017-07-07

Great platform for market research surveys.Constantly improving product and outstanding and proactive customer support. Very good range of question type pro formas and capacity to modify the looks to suit individual clients and customers.

Philip DERHAM

QuestionPro - an excellent software and support service for researchers

Reviewed 2016-10-07

Have used QuestionPro online survey software for some years. Is easy to learn to use, is effective and customisable and includes the visual, video, audio and upload features you would expect. What makes it stand out particularly is the high quality of its support staff. They are well trained, competent, quick and courteous. As a marketing researcher's package, with the range of reporting options, QuestionPro is a service I strongly recommend to others.Easy to use, but very effective in use - both by the survey creators and by the respondents.

Donald Alameda

QuestionPro for survey consultants

Reviewed 2017-01-12

I am primarily a software developer (mostly Java for the past decade+ but also do the technical part of web design and have used a range of Java and JavaScript frameworks). In the past three years I have been involved in several survey projects (mostly marketing oriented, from new product research to customer satisfaction to custom one-time surveys for focus groups). In these projects I have used QuestionPro, SurveyMonkey, and two lesser known survey system. And while we were able to successfully complete all of these projects I did develop a preference: my current "go-to" solution is QuestionPro.Easy to use, solid support via chat and email.

Serpil Degirmenci

Perfect survey platform with realistic results.

Reviewed 2018-04-14

I can recommend for companies making online surveys. Results are great and satisfactory.I liked the most that QuestionPro is easy to use comparing with others, also it is user friendly product. You can prepare your questions and make effective online surveys with reliable and honest results. I like using this software.

Kerri Wazny

Terrible Survey Software

Reviewed 2016-09-06

When signing up for QuestionPro, we signed up specifically to use their "FlexGrid" question. I emailed specifically asking which level of membership we needed in order to use this question and was told we needed a corporate membership. Weeks after signing up, after paying and as we were preparing to pilot our study, the flex grid question was suddenly no longer available. When I questioned this, I was told they had decided to move that question type to a higher membership level and it was no longer available. After some back and forth, they let us have it if we paid in bulk for a few months. Then, once we were collecting our data and exporting it, we realised there was missing data. Luckily, our survey was small and had >35 respondents who we knew and could speak to. In conversing with the respondents, some of them reported filling in data for more flex grid questions then what we were showing in the exported data. When we contacted QuestionPro regarding this, not only do they not realise the severity of this (it puts into question the validity of all our results and we need to essentially re-run the entire survey, re-contact all of our respondents and confirm their responses), but it also puts into question all of the surveys they've conducted, especially for bigger surveys where their clients might not have personal relationships with their respondents and might not be able to recognise that there is missing data or missing responses. QuestionPro blamed the missing data on our respondents not filling in the data. I could understand this being the case for 1 or 2 participants (maybe they made a mistake on the form); however, about 40% of the respondents contacted so far have reported that the data we have does not match the data they entered. This is a serious problem.

Dan Witter

QuestionPro Survey Software

Reviewed 2014-10-30

Extraordinarily user-friendly product, clearly designed by someone with social research experience, given wide array of sophisticated question types, response options, SPSS file format download. And affordable--several of the better known survey packages are very pricey (and becoming more so), with limits on number of surveys and respondents. QuestionPro offers a variety of affordable pricing options--from monthly service to longer-term, cost-saving annual contracts--with unlimited surveys and unlimited respondents. Tech assistance is immediately available by chat 24/7, and is thoroughly knowledgeable on the software. Only cons I've discovered are (1) in programming mode, the software appears somewhat unstable in Microsoft Explorer--but completely stable in Mozilla Firefox (and the Explorer instability I experienced only relates to programming the form, not in responding to the form once launched); and (2) with branching, a common survey device, there is no "back" button available to the respondent--but these days, most respondents don't linger on their answers or want to return to prior responses, but instead push through to submission, so this is relatively minor concern. Overall, an outstanding product for serious researchers.

Debra Hilgeman, Ph.D.

Consumer market research made really simple

Reviewed 2014-10-30

I switched to QuestionPro from SurveyMonkey about three years ago while doing my doctoral research. While the platforms are similar, the casino resorts participating in my research strongly felt that the "Powered by SurveyMonkey" that is stamped on each survey page sounds amateurish. It does! I am currently using QuestionPro to help casino marketing departments nationwide conduct their own satisfaction surveys, and other online consumer marketing research. Marketers with no training in survey taking are easily grasping how to use the survey software. QuestionPro is very easy to use, and the help sections are comprehensive yet simple to understand and follow. The reporting features are exactly what my clients' marketing and executive teams need to understand the data quickly. Another impressive aspect of QuestionPro is that they solicit input from users to continually upgrade the product and adjust to changing demands and technology. The support team is super knowledgeable and friendly and virtually walked me through some challenging client issues. If you're doing online surveys, QuestionPro has my vote as the best product you can choose. I can't think of anything about QuestionPro that has been a negative for me.

Aaron Whittenberger

QuestionPro allows us to gain customer intelligence about our community.

Reviewed 2018-01-11

Cost Effective Create slicker surveys that our customers wish to complete Higher response rate We use the Non-profit waiver which has made it much more valuable a tool for us to use. It has been great working with the package. We have not needed to use customer service yet.We use QuestionPro to ask about our community's experience with our association. It has more intuitive and sleaker options in ways to ask questions and gather needed information from our customers. We find it very straight-forward to use and can develop a survey in minutes.

Fadi Baddur

Great survey tool and more

Reviewed 2014-12-22

I have been using this tool for few years now and it never fell short of delivering any specific requirements for my surveys no matter how complex they were. A dedicated development team would take care of any custom questions or validation setup that you would like to have in your survey which may not be part of an already extensive list of question types and options that you get by default. The customer service is top notch with timely replies and constant availability. The sync and integration with other 3rd party recruitment platforms had been made even easier and more streamlined with a recent updated to the system. I would recommend this tool to anyone who wants to create and perform online surveys from a simple setup to a more complex and lengthy questionnaire.

Zach Hodges

Good replacement for our last option

Reviewed 2018-06-29

Very user friendly for implementing the "coding" part -- I do not work on the Tech team, and I was able to get everyone on my staff set up with a link to a survey with little help.

Anonymous

It's a good tool, only needs to be more visual

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-06

It has a lot of features and it is easy to program. The help desk team is also very helpful

Didier Lucotte

Love it

Reviewed 2017-06-07

Very complete and intuitive. I tried to initially use Survey Monkey because I needed complicated logic to be done but the only possibility was to subscribe to their full feature option and needed to pay for a one year contract. With Questionpro I got even more and can can cancel anytime

Michael Flanigan

Very positive overall

Reviewed 2015-09-30

The customer service is very good with the product - I had a follow-up issue that I was really concerned about and our account rep got back to me with the information I was looking for in less than an hour. The product is really well featured and pretty straightforward to use - hard to call this a negative - there are so many features it can be a bit of a treasure hunt to find them - but I haven't been let down yet!

Kevin Chang

Excellent survey software!

Reviewed 2014-07-31

We're debating on expanding outside our current area, yet needed to conduct a ton of research, sometimes on the streets in potential areas without internet. I created a couple of surveys, interface was very easy, had them ready to go in just a few minutes. We managed to gather the information we needed and are now in the process of expanding to the correct areas. Software was smooth, no problems. Will definitely use it again.

Grant Warnock

Very powerful survey tool, though relatively straightforward to use

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-11-17

Ability to build quite complex survey structures, with features such as conjoint that I have not previously found available on a self-serve platform.

Anonymous

Extremely poor support. Extremely unreliable in what they promise...

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-06-12

The platform provides good features but not much different from other platforms. It is also very easy to use. It is Good for fun but not for critical or serious research.

Alice Turner

Does the job - easy and reliable

Reviewed 2016-02-20

I have only used the basic functions of this software, but it reliably: - Saves all my data from 4 years of use - Copies and stores surveys in different folders (archive etc.) - Creates survey links that I can customise and send out to clients - Allows me to share the feedback with staff Customer service is 100%. Thank you

Rita Viana

It's ugly, but does the job

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-04-09
Review Source: Software Advice

For what you pay for, it does the job. It's ok and well divided, it's easy to walk around and make the questions. The logic is ok. And the replies of the survey can be downloaded as a spreadsheet, and you can also see as charts.

Nejla Liias

This was by far the worst experience we have ever had with a survey platform provider.

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-10-05

Nothing - it cost the reputation of my company, relationship with an important client, and thousands of dollars to fix their mistakes.

Michele Blake

Training Manager

Reviewed 2017-02-03

The QuestionPro team has been amazing during our review of survey software. it is such a great value almost hard to believe you get that level of support. features, analytics, ease of use, 24/7 support

Dr.  Amal Kitishat

great!

Reviewed 2017-09-26

It is so easy to be used Also, the instructions are very clear clear Finally, it is a fast way of gathering and sharing information the instructor was very cooperative and help me a lot

Brian Squire

Great survey software!

Reviewed 2014-07-31

I've been using QuestionPro for over 3 years, it's our main source for customer feedback and research projects. QuestionPro does everything we need and it's very easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone who needs to run surveys.

Elizabeth Foley

Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2014-10-29

The more I use QP, the more I learn about it. It's pretty robust. Their chat support is excellent. However, this is not for beginning programmers. I'd like to be able to do more types of tabulations than what's offered .