All categories

Easy to Use, Simple Maintenance Management Software

visit website

Hippo CMMS Reviews

Pros

This is a very user friendly cmms system. Not only is the support very good but the system is a very economical solution for any company.

Todd P.

The support has been great, everybody very kind and the willing to service attitude is great.

LUIS D.

Cons

There is some functionality that is missing and can be a bit buggy. Difficult to integrate with other software.

Travis M.

Although the documentation is in English, the communication fails.

Mathew S.

One feature that is missing the able to request a part or an item from inventory with out using the work orders.

Americo M.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Good for keeping maintenance tasks organized

I work in a vendor relations position in A/P. This streamlines the companies maintenance records for all of the senior facilities and the data or invoices are in the system organized and in detail for each department from the actual maintenance request, to the facilitating, to payment of invoices from the vendor and it makes the payment process seamless.

Pros

Anyone can use it, and can be tailored to special requests.

Cons

This software is extremely functional. I wouldn't change anything.

Thank you for your review, Marishia! I'm glad Hippo is helping you and your team not only to keep track of your maintenance tasks, but also to streamline records and invoices for the A/P department. It's always great to hear when different departments take advantage of Hippo tools and features. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need any assistance. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Super easy but also robust

We have a much more seamless program for the maintenance guys to use which means our maintenance data is much more reliable than it's been in the past. We can ensure that we have parts when needed, PMs are done when scheduled and repair records are tracked.

Pros

I love that there is a minimal learning curve. I can limit abilities for each user but make changes as they learn and become more comfortable. I tell all new users, "Feel free to explore. You can not screw anything up." This allows them to be more confident and curious and confidence and curiosity lead to better data in and better data out.

Cons

The inventory aspect is fantastic when it comes to tracking usage and notifying the need to replenish, but there are processes that I would like to see added; showing replenishment history, reporting on where parts are used (vs on what work order), and inventory below minimum (vs at or below).

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your review. You and the Pampered Chef team have been doing a great job using Hippo. I was very happy to learn more from you on how to create incentives for users adopting Hippo. I'm glad to hear that Hippo's ease of use is also playing a big role when it comes to boosting user learning and adoption. You have a good point and I think there is still a lot of room for improvement when it comes to inventory reporting. The new PO module that is going to be released soon will create a lot of new opportunities for our dev team to explore. Stay tuned for updates. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or suggestions. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Better than I could have hoped

So far I am really enjoying learning this software. The support and excellent customer service has completely sold me on this product.

Pros

I love, love, love the immediate, knowledgeable, and friendly support that you offer on the software. I am very new to this system and have about a million questions. Your team has been amazing! I am still learning the parts and PO side but so far I am very very happy with the ease of use. Its taken me a while to wrap my head around certain things but I think as I learn more it will just come intuitively.

Cons

Lack of a true cycle count on parts. This is very important for our company. We need to verify that our inventory is correct through random weekly checks. Also the big one.....Part Number, not Part Name should be the first thing that the technicians look for when they are entering parts on a work order. Its much easier than trying to remember how the part was named in the system. They have to use the part number that they find in the manuals for the machines so they should be able to search by part number when trying to use parts on their work orders. This has driven me mad lately.

An execellent tool

Besides the cons, Hippo is an excellent maintenance tool. It is organized, simple and easy to use. I use Hippo every day, adding, editing and sometimes creating work orders. And I have an excellent experience with the support team. Sometimes we have in-depth discussions on how we can improve our expertise about Hippo and finding solutions to our requests.

Pros

The software is user-friendly. In a few clicks, you can find what you are looking for. Good in extracting reports. Hippo it is organized and store thing properly.

Cons

You can't close more than one work order per time. Adding a piece of equipment, or adding a location should be more natural than add one by one. We can't have a hierarchy relationship between work orders. Hippo should allow us to create predecessors and successors dependencies. So, you can have a main project closed when its small pieces of work orders were settled first. Improve the way that hippo manages spare parts. Hippo should Create a separate space to register the spare parts instead of using per facility.

Hi Thiago, As you know, we appreciate the feedback (both pros and cons) so that we can improve. We are constantly trying to make Hippo better, and adding new features. One thing I would suggest would be to customize a work category. For example, create a "Projects" category. This will allow you to keep associated tickets together. It also allows you to search for work orders and run reports in that category much easier and faster. I know you are in touch with our support team often, and please continue to reach out to us. Have a great day and enjoy the rest of our summer! Mel Motoch

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

A rich tool that's keeps getting better and better

We are using Hippo to track the work for our engineering teams across our two hotels. It's a great tool and getting better all the time.

Pros

Hippo is fairly easy to set up and use and it's simple enough to easily roll out to other users. The recurring / scheduled WOs are great for PM. The recently-released app makes Hippo even easier to use when mobile -- a key feature for my organization. The calendar view is important for our team. I like the database query tool, but wish you could duplicate queries. The customer service is excellent! -- second to none!

Cons

The primary challenge for our organization using Hippo is finding WOs once open. It would be nice if there were a bucket/queue for NEW WOs awaiting assignment instead of having to search for them amidst all the other work orders. Search is getting better and easier with the app, but requires re-entering search criteria every time you click into a WO and back out. Also, it would be nice if there were a way to time-delay/park items ("snooze this for a week and the put it back in the queue to be assigned"). Lastly, I would love if there were a way to customize the WO field layout, remove fields, add custom fields and change whether ANY field is required or not (instead of the 4 that can be modified).

Thank you, Christoper, for the honest review! We will definitely take your suggestions into consideration for what we could improve on, we always love to hear feedback on how we could become an even better product. Cheers!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Best bang for the buck CMMS!

So far Hippos has been great.. The work requester function is easy for anyone to use and has allowed the maintenance team to classify expenses and to justify improvements. Work orders are easy to use and completion rate are up.

Pros

Hippo is easy yo use web based and has all the main features needed for most CMMS users. It is not cluttered up with all the little things that 90% of maintenance mangers never use that just get in the way. Hippo is very user friendly, has exceptional support, and was easy to migrate to.

Cons

If i have to manufacture a negative, it would be getting used to the navigation. Once you get it though it is pretty easy.

Thank you for your great review, Chris! I'm glad you're enjoying Hippo's ease of use and that you had a good onboarding experience. I will make sure to share this review with our team. Please keep in mind that Hippo offers lifetime technical support, so don't hesistate to contact us if you ever need any assistance. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

Happy with Hippo

Overall I am very happy with Hippo and my team is getting a good use out of it

Pros

I appreciate the responsiveness of the support team and the upgrades based on customer's feedback.

Cons

Some features are not very customizable and my team and I had to figure out how to work around those.

Giovanni, We appreciate the time you took to write us a review- it means the world! We look forward to a continued partnership with you. -your Hippo CMMS team

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Hipp CMMS great customer service!

Pros

Ease of use, great customer service and affordability for our small organinization

Cons

Then trying to add an "email contact" at the end of a new work order-this seems to automatically change the "requested by" field to whatever is in the "email contact" field? This is annoying!

Hi Michael, Thank you for your review! I'm glad Hippo's ease of use has been helpful to your organization and that we offer a good value for money. I will reach out to you to get some more details about this issue you have been experiencing with the email contact field, as it shouldn't happen and I couldn't reproduce on my end. Please keep in mind that Hippo offers lifetime technical support, so you can count on us if you ever need any assistance. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

Just easy

Can get up and going very quickly and inexpensive compared to larger systems

Pros

Everything is easy from implementation, pricing, use, training

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Great value for the cost

reduce IT infrastructure.

Pros

it is easy to use, use of mobile devices and simplicity

Cons

can't open multiple tabs on web browser.

Flexible, Adaptable, Evolving CMMS

Our biggest use of the application is for processing Work Orders both Scheduled and Demand and for keeping track of equipment information.

Pros

Hippo CMMS has an ongoing commitment to be responsive to their customers' end-use needs. We have been using this software in our school division since 2015 and have seen the continual development process that makes Hippo CMMS stand out from other offerings we considered.

Cons

Occasionally, the application has shown technical glitches such as not being able to access the app or certain features not working properly. This is understandable as the Hippo team are continually upgrading their software so that it is current and adaptive. This has been minimally inconvenient and only at times. The data entry levels has also been cumbersome. In order to add a piece of equipment, the company and equipment model components have to be filled out. I'd also like to see work done on the association of equipment with parts or other pieces of equipment. For example, a sink comes with faucets that have different model information. Currently, we are adding faucets onto the LAV equipment record as parts. It is working for us.

Thank you for your detailed review, John! It's great to hear Hippo has been a great fit for the Garden Valley School Division and that you have been enjoying the recent updates. The development team continues to work on new projects and we are aiming to improve the frequency of any glitches when implementing them. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever have any questions or concerns. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Manager 866.956.2859 x 223 | fcarvalho@hippocmms.com

Excellent Value

My first build (at a different property) was difficult because I did not have a solid grasp of what the software can do or how we were going to effectively use it. This time I have a much better understanding and have been able to ask for specific help to shape the software around our needs. The Hippo team has been excellent at grasping what I want to do and making the adjustments with me to make that happen. If a person is completely new to the world of CMMS, the learning curve is very steep and the level of detail required can be daunting. patience is critical and following the guidance of the Hippo team for steps in developing your database is the best advice I can offer next to taking a course on CMMS.

Pros

This is my second CMMS build with Hippo. Ease of setup is a priority for me, and my team has noted how easy the software is to use compared to our old system. Support from Hippo's team has been excellent and quick.

Cons

I would like to see an easy way to generate reports that will chart metrics readings that we collect - for example, we take a daily reading on a specific tank, and only refill it as needed. I would like to be able to generate a graph that shows the rate at which the tank is emptied.

Hi Erik, Thank you for the kind response, and sharing you experience with the software! We love to see when people bring the software with them in new positions. If you would like to discuss the reporting options further, I would love to hear your ideas more in depth and see if we can work a solution out for you! Regards, Matt Jacobsen Customer Success Manager 1-866-956-2859 ext265 mjacobsen@hippocmms.com

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

A great program for time management in the work place.

I use it to send out work orders to the Maintenance Team once I receive them from all the users that submit them. I keep track of how long it takes someone to complete a Job. I keep track of parts being used. I keep all documentation from outside contractors. I take pictures of the job that needs to be repaired and upload them to the job request which saves a lot of time answering questions from the Maintenance Team. The best thing I Love about using this product is the Support team behind it. If at any time I need an answer about how to use this program properly, I just send the support team a quick E-mail and they get back to me within minutes with the answer. There is so much more to use and learn.

Pros

It keeps everyone working at an easy click of the button. It keeps you on track. Most of all it would have to be the support team at HippoCMMS. They are always there to help with whatever you need help with.

Cons

For me personally at first I had a hard time understanding how to use it, so I only used it for my basic needs. After getting more comfortable with using the system I felt more confident and then it was very exiting to learn about the numerous functions that it could be used for within the company.

Hi Tony, Thanks for your great review! I'm glad to hear that Hippo is being a great tool for you and your team at MITT. I'm going to share your review with the entire Customer Success and Support Team, as it's very satisfying for us to see your growth as a user and to know that we played an important role in this process. We are grateful to have you as a customer and we appreciate that you are always willing to be a reference for new prospects. It means a lot to us! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever need any assistance. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Manager 866.956.2859 x 223 | fcarvalho@hippocmms.com

NIQ Hippo Review 322020

Ticketing for ad hoc and pm scheduling is now driving the work, is well organized and can be tracked. Maintenance documentation and history for each machine now exists. Downtime tracking is improved. Reporting is good. Overall experience is good.

Pros

It can be used as a ticketing system, web browser based, email notifications, versatile across our facility, roadmap for improvements.

Cons

Our departments are configured as facilities. I would like to be able to see the work order requests status for other facilities. I would like to see a rejected or deleted request be required to state a reason why. Drag and drop capability with assignments etc.

Hi Roy, Thank you for your great review. It's good to hear that Hippo is being a helpful and versatile tool for your organization. Please keep in mind that system administrators can customize user permissions in a way they can get notifications for all requests in all facilities if necessary. Considering Novation IQ has many different locations and departments using Hippo, I understand it can be...

HIPPO CMMS

The company I joined had no CMMS program at all and it is a 3 plant multiple line bottling plant so I brought Hippo with me from my previous employer. So to be fair going from no CMMS to CMMS has made things a lot easier. Because of the regulatory requirement in this industry it makes providing documentation to auditor easier and reliable.

Pros

On line makes it convenient and without worry of upgrades and software cost upfront. Its pretty easy to maneuver around and the training has gotten better over the past years.

Cons

For me I would like to be able to reopen old work orders to attach documents to. There is definitely a need for a 24 hour support team if you are working a plant that is 24/7 and even if they had an on-call person it would be nice.

Hi John, Thank you for your great review! We are extremely happy that you recommended Hippo to your current company based on your previous experience with us and that it is making it easier for you to manage your maintenance program. Our development team is currently working on making it possible to reopen a work order. It has been a common request, so stay tuned for updates. I will share your...

I'm glad I chose hippo.

My experience with hippo? Every aspect of transforming from a paper to the hippo computerized system went well with no surprises and no failures. Hippo has a saying, You get out what you put into this. I found the statement to be inaccurate because we got out much more than I imagined. You do have to do some work providing them with spreadsheets to download but you are not alone, you are backed...

Pros

We love the advanced dashboard option. It provides your maintenance team with an interactive screen of your plant's layouts. It's an effective visual tool that is cool to use and simplifies navigating thru the system and monitoring the status of the equipment.

Cons

The assigning parts to equipment could be better organized. It's not a dislike, it's more of a wish. I wish there was a better (hierarchy) way to organize the parts in the parts data base.

Thanks for the great review Larry and our team is happy to hear you find value in the Advanced Dashboard. A lot of work went into developing the interactive mapping and floor plans. Expect more good things to come in 2017. Let's keep the communication open.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

cesar perez review hippo

Pros

it's ease of use Reporting is nice as I can see how much time my team is spending in certain areas - I was unable to do this in the past, Easily can set up preventative maintenance plans.

Cons

It's inability to connect to our organizations active directory Our inability to establish different service types for requesters. I would love to see the requester form change in real time as staff are submitting requests for specific reasons (ie. conference room - if employee selects conference room setup then the form will now require the requester to provide time,date,#of staff, etc) Our inability to update completed/closed tickets, information should always be able to be updated it's inability to connect with other applications, like a workday integration which would help us as we have to now live in two applications and ensure information is kept current.

Hi Cesar, Thanks for leaving a review! I'm happy to see that the Reporting feature has helped you to see how your team is doing. Thank you for the feedback as well. It would be great to have a quick chat with you and go over the points that you've raised up. Hope we can talk soon. Best regards, Heidi Chin Customer Success Adviser p. 866-956-2859 ext. 227

HIPPO CMMS - GREAT VALUE, SUPPORT AND USER FRIENDLY

We started using Hippo CMMS three years ago and since then, we have created a PM program and have been able to start tracking data on our machines that was not available before implementation.

Pros

I like the easy user interface and the reporting options. The look is clean and adding to the database is very simple.

Cons

Functionality is lacking of some of the other larger, more expensive systems, but don't let this be a deterrent.

Thank you for your great review, Clifton! I'm glad you're enjoying our ease of use and the assistance from our support team. I'm happy you mentioned that we offer a good value for money. Our development team is growing and we have some cool new features coming up. Stay tuned for updates and please let us know if you ever have any suggestions. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Great tool for our maintenance department

We have been using Hippo for just over 2 years and have entered over 10,000 work orders. Overall it has been a great product for our maintenance team and a great value for us. I'd like to see quicker product improvements and a better mobile version, but we are still pleased with the software. It's miles ahead of what we had used in our organization prior to Hippo. The support team has always been helpful when needed, though we rarely have to reach out to them.

Pros

Cloud based; user friendly;

Cons

product development is lacking; Software was written in Silverlight, which most browsers are dropping (and have been for well over a year). Hippo team is supposedly working on re-writing the software so that Silverlight is eliminate, but we have been waiting on this since May 2015. Hopefully they complete the upgrade before all the browsers drop Silverlight support. We lost Chrome long ago and the latest upgrades of Firefox have dropped Silverlight. It seems as the Edge will not support it either, so once Microsoft finally dumps Explorer, we may be hurting.

Thanks for the feedback Daniel. Version 6 is in Beta and available to customers. Let us know if you would like to take it for a test ride. Silverlight issue is resolved!

Hippo CMMS Review

Overall Hippo FM has been good. Should your update cause us to make such drastic changes next time we will be going out to bid. Not happy with what took place and why would a company with large data bases not make it easy for there customer???? This was not the case when i tried to explain the issue i was told to just change my web browser!!! we have upwards of 200 computers that had to be changed.

Pros

easy to use. Other then that it seems almost the same as before.

Cons

had to change the entire company's web browser. I was not told that this was the case and we were totally unprepared it took our it dept over two weeks to get to everyone's computer.

Hi Joe, Thank you for the review and constructive feedback. We apologize for the changes required for the update. I am not sure why you had to make changes to your browser as Hippo runs on all web browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox). In any event, sounds like you had a bit of a challenge due to our V6 release and we could have done better to ease the transition. If you ever need help from our customer support, don't hesitate to contact us. All release notes are available on the support portal, and please look out for user pop up notifications when you log in and emails from us. Glad to hear that Hippo is still working for Nueterra overall as a maintenance solution for your facilities. It's been great having you as a customer over the past 5 years.

Starting Over with Nothing*****

I took over a position to maintain an 80 Acre campus that had NO inventory of any tools, equipment, current condition assessment, or any historical data of current Work order requests. I also had no way of creating work order requests or tracking them. HIPPO has allowed us the opportunity to maintain a working inventory and tracking system for many different items such as equipment, vehicles, Stock items and tools that staff carry, Consumables as well as standard equipment for day to day operating needs. It has helped us tremendously. Can't beat the price and service for the Return. We are very appreciative.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and set up. It was also easy to get my staff trained on it. It is comprehensive for all our needs and the HIPPO organization gave us a lot of support and assistance.

Cons

We have many buildings that we do work on, and many different individuals that have access to inputting Work Order requests. Figuring out how to set the system up for that was a bit of a challenge at first, but it was overcome.

Hi David, Thank you for your feedback. We are all happy to hear that Hippo has been instrumental in allowing you and your team to manage your equipment and inventory. If you are having any issues with setting up user permissions for work order requests for all your buildings, contact our customer support - we have people eager to help and iron out any issues you are having. Thanks again for your great review and we look forward to serving and improving your maintenance operations into the future.

Hippo is easy to use

Hippo is really working for us in a lot of ways. We've had good response from customer support when we have had issues. I would like to see some additions in the future to make things even better.

Pros

Love the way you can see the whole building on the screen and see where the work orders are. I like the information that is on the work orders for everyone to see. Being able to add email address to the work order so everyone involved can be informed on what the status of the work order is great.

Cons

I don't like the dashboard for the work order search. If you adjust columns to view the information they don't stay that size they will revert back every time you make a change. In order to see the most current you have to double click on the ID column every time you want to look at the last work order. There should be some type of save button so you can keep your columns custom to the way you like it. I waste a lot of time with this process. I would like to see more options with reports. I can't get what I need for certain projects that I work on. Need better access with iphones, some type of app so when employees are in the field they can look up work orders faster and more efficiently.

Hi Lisa Thanks so much for the great review and constructive feedback. It's customers like you that help drive our software further and develop features our customers want. Look for great things in 2017. Thanks again!!

From Clipboard to Computer

Before HIPPO CMMS all of our maintenance records were paper and clipboard. With HIPPO CMMS we are able to keep track of the preventative maintenance in a more proactive way than before. HIPPO CMMS helps us to preform predictive maintenance that we were unable to do in the past because it allows us to keep all information pertaining to equipment in one place with better, faster searching capabilities.

Pros

HIPPO CMMS gives us the ability to run individual reports for each piece of equipment. These reports help with capital expenditures when cost justification is needed.

Cons

It would be nice to have some sort of text box linked to each piece of equipment where you could keep notes and helpful information instead of using the Documents tab. If I need to write a note about a piece of equipment I have to edit a document then reload it to the HIPPO system.

Hi Alexander, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and your feedback. Nothing makes our team happier than hearing about another successful implementation. We definitely have data fields associated with equipment for comments and notes. Our team will be reaching out to you in the new year to see how we can make your experience even better. If you don't want to wait, drop us a line or send us an email and let us know of anything we can do to improve. Daniel

with Hippo CMMS we create visibility and transparency

With Hippo in 2018 we were able to achieve about 90% of our total demand orders on time an in full, we know that there are a room to improve, but, at least now we can measure our progress. Inventory of parts that easily can be related to any machine activity helping us to keep the control of the parts purchased, creating alerts when replenishment is required just entering the threshold with the min and max desire.

Pros

Equipment management, Scheduling preventive maintenance and creation of demand orders giving us an increase in productivity.

Cons

For a regular use, non an IT person, the reporting is not flexible, export information from tables is difficult to relate the fields.

Hi Jeronimo, Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad that using Hippo has helped Oxygen Development in reaching such a high completion rate of work orders. It's also great that you can keep track of the company's progress. Thanks for your feedback regarding the reporting feature as well. Our Development Team is always looking for ways to improve the reporting feature, and your feedback is extremely valuable for improving the Hippo software. If you need any further assistance, or you have more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! Heidi Chin Customer Success Adviser p. 866-956-2859 ext. 227 e. h.chin@hippocmms.com

Leading CMMS, Becoming Better and Better

Our company has been entirely reactive in maintenance, relying on our maintenance team to respond to emergencies through word-of-mouth via numerous varying channels of communication. Ownership wanted a control device to have some sort of idea of the maintenance issues in play; after researching, we found the whole world of CMMS', and Hippo. The free trial was a good toe-dipping, and the Hippo team was extremely helpful in orienting us to the ideas of Preventative Maintenance, Work Orders, etc. We had a smooth onboarding process and as of ~4 months, adoption is going very well.

Pros

The best thing about HippoCMMS is excellent customer service. Quickly and courteously responsive, the reps discuss in detail the various questions and suggestions brought forward. They are also diligent in finding answers and solutions.

Cons

There are still some aspects of Hippo that are slightly awkward: sometimes there is no way to accomplish what you want-- though Hippo is very receptive to suggestions. Other times, the only way to accomplish what you want is by an inelegant series of steps-- but, again, Hippo has been incredibly willing to listen to such concerns and to implement new methods. I imagine there are some User requests that are simply impractical or incompatible with the software architecture. But so far Hippo has found a way to either solve my challenges or deal with them so that I'm happy overall.

Thank you for your great review! I'm glad you had a great onboarding experience and that our support team is being helpful. Please keep sharing your suggestions and insights with us. Your feedback is extremely important for us to keep improving Hippo. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need any assistance. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com