Workiz Logo

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.66/10

Reviews by rating

A software growing as I grow my business I was very impressed software is easy to use very friendly and I have recommended to several of my contract friends.
Excellent product, excellent features, Awesome customer service, Great prices. We are fairly new with Workiz, but loving it so far.
It's a field service solution, but has an awesome phone number and lead tracking system built-in, which is great for marketers or anyone trying to figure out their RIO.
Issues dialing customers while entering passcode at times. This can be frustrating when the numbers pressed are not recognized.
I really see no reason why it shouldn't. Also more congruency between online, mobile and ipad (features and how they work/appearance.).

ZH

Zach H.

Operations Manager

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Quick Software

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hey, my name is Zach. I'm a dispatch in the junk removal industry. I rate Workiz a five stars...

MW

Melinda W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Works great for our company

I really like most of the features, I've explored many options for appointment scheduling and although I do think Workiz is quite expensive, it does get the job done.

Pros

I like the ease of use as far as inputing the information and the fact it helps locate the specific address with correct spelling. I like the fact it links to maps as well.

Cons

I do not like that on my cell phone I can't look at the schedule while scheduling an appointment, it makes it difficult at time to not double book a time slot. I also don't like it doesn't automatically refresh, if I keep the app open all day and continue to book appointments then I'll most likely be double booking time slots, after each booking I have to close the app to ensure this doesn't occur.

Hi Melinda, thanks so much for your review! Happy to hear that you enjoy our maps and tracking feature. Our goal is to help our customers be successful and grow, so it's great to hear your feedback about scheduling and the features you would like to have. We'll be sharing this with the team.

AP

Adrian P.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

It Helps!

I do love the software. If they can work out those few minor things, then I would say it is the perfect software. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Pros

I like the scheduling feature, and sales tracking feature the most. It saves me time.

Cons

The app does not always display the unit number for apartments without having to go through 2 screens to get to it. When your phone lags, it's frustrating. Scrolling through the calendar in the phone app can be challenging. If you scroll past a certain dat, you cannot easily scroll backwards, you have to drop down the calendar to go back to the date.

Come for the scheduling, stay for everything else :-) thanks Adrian!

LB

Liz B.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Don’t bother workiz is a bad product and they are scammers

Don’t go with Workiz they are a bunch of scammers. We used it for about 8 months but it was really buggy and for a plumbing company it didn’t have the capability to do what we needed. We weren’t receiving text messages on the free system and we already started getting angry customers so we decided to not go ahead with the paid phone system as we didn’t trust it would work well enough. They proceeded...

Pros

The only good thing about Workiz is it was so bad that we cancelled it and now have a really great system to use. Housecall Pro is so much better!

Cons

•Couldn’t search by unit number meaning we had to click through each unit in a building or complex to find what we needed. •The accounting made our lives so much more difficult was a complete joke.•Text message system didn’t work. Communication would get lost causing unhappy customers •Mobile app was extremely buggy, barely useable• Very complicated to have ongoing jobs that you return to with multiple technicians. Needed to create tasks in each job but then they didn’t get all the information. Basically made it more work making it pointless using Workiz in the first place.

VT

Victor T.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Really good app!

As single contractor the option of people scheduling online and me getting all the info with calendar and remainders is a game changer. I can be on the road and the system is my “ secretary “. I think polishing some things will make this application a success for any small to midsize business.

Pros

Chatbot integration and online booking is my favorite part. Easy to integrate with website and most importantly I can interact live with customer if needed. Validation of address is another great tool for scheduling new customers, link to gps system (Waze, Maps,Google maps)is a great tool. System allows you to keep track of tax collections, easy system once you get familiar with. Credit Card processing is very easy and no issues between accounts (money is always there after the 2 days period). Invoices via text or email with option to pay online is also a plus.

Cons

It’s a little confusing to process of crediting money previously collected back into a given quote plus in the final invoice “ customer invoice “ the software will account the credit back but will not show it listed for people to see. The calendar on the chatbot should be highlighted for available slots or takeaway slots already taken.

Thanks Victor for this great reviews. We're working on making the credit card processing much easier. A release is coming in a few weeks. Thanks for also mentioning the chatbot, we're super proud of it!

DE

Dawn E.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Impressed

its been great. I have bumped into a couple issue and became stuck. I text the team and was able to get the problem solved.

Pros

I was literally working out of notebooks. I found myself getting lost and loosing potential customers. Scheduling things was a nightmare and very time consuming. With Workiz, I no longer have to have a note book except to take notes. I can keep all my customers in one spot and get to them at the drop of a hat. I can see the schedule and where appointment are and place more work during that day based on what is already going on. I can keep track of dealerships that are being billed and notifiy them when I haven't get a payment in a timely fashion. The communication with my customers is much easier as I can have all forms of communication in their folder. A cusotmer has already told me that we are very organized. That's a good feeling.

Cons

Not much, some fields are a little redundant but I am still learning the ins and outs of what can and can't not be done. it will come with time. OH, it can be slow to upload sometime. but that could be my internet speed.

Thanks for sharing your story Dawn! We're happy your customers see the value too!

DK

Deron K.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

This is a great product for scheduling, lead & Job creation, estimates and invoicing.

It's great for scheduling and support is always great and helpful.

Pros

The ability to schedule jobs and have my clients and field technicians notified by text or email to confirm back.

Cons

the CRM portion of the client management is not great. It's not fluid. I want the ability to use it like I am flipping through an electronic database and it is slow and doesn't allow me to go by record or by sale date. I do a lot of phone cross selling and this program doesn't help me.

Thanks Deron for sharing this very positive review. I'll share your feedback about the CRM with our product team.

SL

Sebastien L.

Building Materials, 1-10 employees

By far the best software on the market

Amazing!

Pros

How easy it is to use, it keep us ontrack, ontime, and very organized!

Cons

inventory management part has major flaws

We agree, we are the best! But it's better when our clients say that :-)

AS

Adrian S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Changed from Quickbooks to Workiz - Best Decision Ever!

Overall it's been great, some learning curves but even my guys will contact support if they need help which in this day and age where everybody is spoon fed that it awesome. I will continue to use this software for the foreseeable future.

Pros

We use the system with our Call Center and it's amazing, the staff was trained within a day for being able to use the needed features and they've been working the rest when they have the time. Excellent time based scheduling, EXCELLENT customer notifications and awareness for the clients which is way more than I expected.

Cons

The only con I had/have is that for CDN companies it's expensive and was almost the one issue in which we didn't go this route. I did manage to work with one of the guys and figured out how to best get what I wanted to start and then to be able to grow. With his input we would have gone another route and I'm really glad we didn't. Bar none the best software I've used to date in my company.

KD

Kim D.

Construction, self-employed

Not a software like it~

We are loving Workiz. It has been a great solution for us!

Pros

I have been shopping out software for over a year. Workiz integrates modern technology with functionality like no other programs have. If you are looking to automate your workflows and keep your customers informed with 2-Way Text messaging capabilities - look no further!

Cons

Some things that our industry needed was not available; however, Workiz is very interested in hearing our ideas and often takes them to their implementation team to be added! So wonderful to have a software company that listens to it's client's feedback and actually DOES something about it.

Thanks for your great review, Kim! We're so happy to have Window & Sliding Outlet on the Workiz team. We appreciate your feedback and always enjoy hearing your ideas about new features!

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great Software

Pros

great software it is very flexible, like it where the customer can sign using a text message, inventory etc...

Cons

They don't respond quickly lie the other software that I am use to using, they have a chat bubble and i would ask a question and I wouldn't get the question answered for days or not at all. I think if they polished up on customer service it would be a awesome software!

Thanks! We rebuilt our customer support team since you posted this review. We're big believers in putting our clients first and responding quickly to requests.

AZ

Ariel Z.

Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

Great Value and Features

Overall I am very glad I went with this software. I went from manual Excel sheets to Workiz and it has helped me organize the business and kept us automated.

Pros

It keeps a database of all of our customers. We can easily find them and check all of the files associated. I also like that we can set up appointments and schedule reminders very easily. Documents are easy to create and manage.

Cons

Every once in awhile there can be a weird problem, but it is easily fixed within that day. The support is pretty responsive.

JS

James S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Workiz is a game changer in CRM

Fantastic software. Fantastic customer support. I recommend Workiz to other businesses every chance I get.

Pros

Workiz makes it simple to run a business. From CRM, and scheduling, to invoicing and payment. Our clients love the added communication this software provides to them. Staff is always happy to help with questions. Many popular 3rd party software sync is supported, such as Quickbooks Online, Mailchimp, credit card payment services, and more. Workiz is an absolute must if your operating a professional service business.

Cons

The one feature I wish Mobile had, that the website does, it the ability to block time off from the schedule from the app. I have to open up Workiz.com from my mobile browser to have access to this feature.

CN

Chad N.

Public Safety, 1-10 employees

Why Workiz is great for my Business.

Overall I like workiz. It is a great addition to my business.

Pros

Workiz is a great place for me to bill my customers and track who has paid and who has not. It is also great for scheduling jobs, although I don't schedule much work in advance. It syncs with quick books and one of the best features is I can track my sales tax with out any kind of a hassle.

Cons

Maybe it's just me but occasionally I have trouble finding old invoices or jobs. Also sometimes when I enter an item to go on the invoice it disappears after entering more items. For example I will put in a service call for $50.00 and then sell a product for $25.00 it will give me a running total of $75.00 but then sometimes when I enter another item All the above disappear and I will be left with the one item I just entered. I have talked to tech about it but either they don't believe me or it is so random there is no way to track it.

Thanks for the review, Chad! :) We're so glad that you've had a great experience with Workiz. In regards to finding old invoices, we're sorry that you've had any trouble. Our account managers are here to help you manage the software, so please always feel free to reach out if you have any issues!

JS

Julien S.

Excellent for Contractors with Dispatch

Price us very competitive against other providers and in general for what we are getting. Scheduling, invoicing and dispatch are all solved in this platform.

Pros

The software is a great communication tool between the office the teams in the field and most important the client. Scheduling is a very easy and offers a clear view of the daily and weekly plan.

Cons

Waiting for them to provide MMS capabilities.

You just made our day Julien! :) It's been a pleasure serving Sturdy Doors and we're so glad to hear that you are happy with Workiz!

ED

Erich D.

Easy To Use and Learn!

We have been able to organize and keep track of our products, as well as organize our scheduling with WorkIz.

Pros

What we have liked most about WorkIz is how easy it is to navigate. It is customizable, quick and helps with organization.

Cons

What I would say we have had the most trouble with is customer support. Just not able to get in touch for hours or even until the next day.

Hey Erich. Happy you see the value in Workiz and we appreciate the great review. Your comment was shared with the support team as we should be better. Please call us at 855-790-7363

RC

Rick C.

All In One Field Service Software

Great software. Value for money. Well set up, easy to use.

Pros

Integration, Phone system, Remote access for administrators through app

Cons

Price is higher than the old one but it's worth it

Thanks Rick for this awesome review! According to our research, clients report a 22% increase in revenue once they start using Workiz. Clear ROI :-)

RL

Renee L.

WorkIz for HVAC Company

We just integrated the Commission feature and it is a big timesaver.

Pros

The integration process was very simple and so far, our technicians have adapted to the app. It is great having our customer base in one place and a history of previous jobs so we can look back and make an educated diagnosis.

Cons

I do not like that I can't delete jobs when needed. Also, sometimes it's tedious going all the way back when I'm trying to research something and I have to start all over again.

Thanks Renee. We love working with HVAC companies like yours and we're happy to see you love the commission feature! We've shared your product feedback with the product team.

DF

Donald F.

Retail, self-employed

solo

great every time

Pros

i like the online booking feature the best, it give my customers the flexibility to book a service order at there convenience and saves me time.

Cons

i would like to see faster navigation and integration

Isn't our online booking the best? We know how important it is, especially as times are changing. Thanks Don!

BK

Bobby K.

Awesome App

Overall, I love this app and enjoy using it.

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to use. Whether I am on my phone or on the computer, I can add, edit or close out a job with ease.

Cons

I'd say the only thing I don't like is that when I fix someones address or email from my phone app, it doesn't save.

Thanks Bobby! We love working with you and the entire JDOG franchise!

MD

Mehgan D.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Workiz is great!

Pros

It’s easy to learn and keep up with for the most part. There’s usually someone available to help me and if they’re not because it’s the middle of the night, I always get an answer in the morning.

Cons

Some things can’t be done on cell phone

AF

Alison F.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great product but support is not so good.

It has been able to run our business very well, there have been problems with response time. When these problems happen it does not seem that there is anyone there that really knows how to fix it. Deposit Report does not go to an excel file and I have been asking for 14 months for that to be fixed. Still no fix as of May 2022.

Pros

Easy to use and set up. Great start up product.

Cons

Product Security doesn't work. The support team always has a canned answer that this is the way it works. Nothing ever seems to get fixed. In 14 months 0 requests have been filled.

EM

Erik M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

if i ever have a question I've received an answer within 24 hrs.

Pros

easy to use. This was one of my first products like this and I've found out how important it is to my business highly recommend.

Cons

Some issues with calendar reminders could mobile carrier but other than that my customers love receiving the invoice in their email and paying online.

EI

Emily I.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Workiz

Pros

Very easy to enter jobs and other information such as adding technicians with this system. The log of activity is also great in each job as to keep track of exactly what goes on.

Cons

Sometimes it is glitchy especially when it comes to jobs across different time zones.

Happy to see you enjoy communicating with your technicians via Workiz. Thanks Emily!

KS

Kenneth S.

Capital Markets, 11-50 employees

review

Scheduling,finance,send jobs to workers (dispatch)mailing list and mailers.

Pros

easy,intuitive,inexpensive,seems to be growing as we do

Cons

Under industries in this review there should be "other" as we are in the junk removal and moving industry

Hi Kenneth, Thanks so much for your review. It's great to hear that you're happy with Workiz and that it's been easy and inexpensive for you! We are always trying to improve and give the best tools for service businesses to grow. Thanks for your support over the years, we're happy to have Junk Removal Inc on the team! :)

jf

jessica f.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Life Saver for a small business!

Workiz has made running my business so much easier and organized!

Pros

Workiz Is an all-inclusive program that keeps all my business needs in one easy to use app.

Cons

Notifications easily get overlooked on the app so I have to be very diligent about checking for messages from clients. I wish the notifications were more easily heard and seen.

We're all about making your business run more smoothly and more organized. I've updated the product team about your feedback on the notifications. Thanks Jessica!