MeisterTask Logo

MeisterTask

Collaboration and task management tool

MeisterTask Reviews

4.7

1.1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.18/10

Reviews by rating

I love the due dates and the reminders the most, it helps the other students stay on track so that we all get the best grade possible.
The paid version is excellent and grants greater access and more detailed reports and statistical management. The kanban board layout is user friendly and, personally, visually appealing.
It's pretty easy to use and you fall in love with the user experience of Meistertask. The features even in the free version are so helpful.
The only thing I can complain about – and this is nitpicking – is the lack of internal calendar.
File sharing and revision management is poor. Desperately needs a contacts page that can be linked to outlook or at least built for the project.
As all my workers are remote, I need something dependable to assign tasks and manage timekeeping for each client. Unfortunately Meistertask fails hard on dependability.

1,139 reviews

Colin I.

Director

Management Consulting, self-employed

Excellent

Transcript

Colin: Hi, my name's Colin. I'm the founder of Innovation Catalyst, and in my company I focus on running...

Ethan T.

Operations Manager

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

MesiterTask User Review

Transcript

Ethan T.: Hello, my name is Ethan. I'm an operations manager in the higher education field. I give MeisterTask...

Eldar M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

The most optimal version of Kanban applications

Pros

The software is quite easy to start using even if a user is without any experience. It makes any team collaboration much easier and more convenient. Much time and mental resources will be saved.

Cons

I could not detect anything I like least about this application.

Sarah H.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

An ideal collaborator for managing projects

This is the appropriate solution for you if you require a comprehensive overview of your projects, tasks, and the implementation of cooperation among numerous users. It has a strong impact despite its seeming simplicity. The product has served me well for almost three years, and I have no reservations in recommending it. Although I am a web developer and the owner of a marketing business, this is the tool I find most useful.

Pros

I appreciate how accessible it is regardless of the device being used. Meistertask has made it very easy for me to keep track of the many tasks I'm working on at once. I use Kanban to monitor the status of each job within a project, log hours worked on each task, and compile time-based reports for clients.

Cons

Very few drawbacks may be found. Perhaps the cost of the Timeline (the new Gannt chart similar) function. Please add more functionality to the free tear. It's OK to pay, but you can't always demand your coworkers chip in. As an additional feature, I'd want to see support for integrating with external services. Having it available would be really convenient.

Muhammad A.

Automotive,

Meister task offers a very good Kanban board with various customization options

After starting my current job, I was amazed by the new workflow that required high level of autonomy. This imposed a very challenging task for me, how can I be organized and have a single view that covers all my projects scope. After shopping around for few weeks, I landed on Miester Task. I was amazed by the very easy to use interface and the customization options that allow you to build your own board the way you like. I ended up recommending it to other colleges who really liked it and are continuously using it.

Pros

1. Easy to use, no need for any training. I was able to build various boards for work and home in few minutes. 2. Highly customizable, you can create your own categories. 3. Can easily link tasks/cards to a real or virtual people, giving myself the freedom to invite colleges or keep the board personal. 4. Really liked the idea of having a category icon, the tool offers a lot of options for these icons.

Cons

1. Limited integration with other tools, unlike other offerings in the market. 2. Even though mobile apps are available all across (Windows 10, Andriod and iOS), they tend to be unstable at times (Specifically Andriod and Windows apps) 3. Notifications aren't there, I rarely see any email or mobile notification for the app (even if a task is past-due)! 4. Very customizable interfaces leading to continuous changes, this is more of a user issue (myself), but I prefer to have so templates that can be used as a guideline.

AA

Amit A.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reliable and Efficient Project Management Tool

MeisterTask is a reliable and efficient project management tool that resolve our project management needs. It's a fantastic choice for teams of all sizes looking to enhance their project management capabilities.

Pros

It's easy to use and user-friendly software that offers versatile task management capabilities, task automation and third-party integration tools to fulfill our project management needs.

Cons

The software is clean without any disadvantages and also we did not face any issue with the tool till now.

Denise W.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

It's great for task/project management and I like using it

I enjoy almost everything about this program. It does what it's supposed to and does it well.. It's a pleasure to use and does exactly what I need it to do: keep track of tasks and projects. For agile management, it's a very useful Kanban-style tool MeisterTask's interaction with MindMeister is one of my favorite features.

Pros

This software is fantastic. It's much easier to communicate with the entire team at the same time this way. As a way to keep everyone working together at all times, we use this method. It's convenient for us because we're often on the go, so we use it on our tablets.

Cons

There's nothing else I'd want to add at this time. It's nice, however I'm not sure if the fee is preventing me from becoming pro. I'm not a fan of the subscription licensing model in general. In my opinion, I prefer to get a product license, and then pay for an update if necessary.

Motion Pictures and Film, 1-10 employees

Workflow Is Perfect for Us

After we set it up, it took a bit of learning (just a few hours) to fully realize all the aspects of it and to make it fit our company, but that's the case with any new software. We liked how when we asked "OK, we need to do this particular thing, can it do it?" and after reading the clear help files we found out right away either (a) how to do it, or (b) it couldn't do that particular thing. That second thing sounds like a negative, but it's not -- clarity is important because then we can alter our workflow and adjust without spending ages trying to kludge something. And this sounds silly, but we REALLY lke marking a task completed and then dragging it over to the green column!

Pros

It's very easy to use. We tried 6 project manager/todo apps over a 3-day period, and MeisterTask was a real oasis in that exploration. The mood in the office got immediately lighter when we realized how easy it was. Running a business is hard enough -- we don't want to struggle with the software, too.

Cons

We wish you could set up daily repeating tasks. Or tasks that repeat every few days. The shortest time interval is a week, which is too long for us.

Saša S.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, quick to implement, not too expensive

Overall we are quite satisfied with product as address our current needs fully.

Pros

One of the great features of MeisterTask is its ability to easily track time spent on a specific task.

Cons

Creating custom reports is not possible. Prepared reports are sometimes not so usefull.

Mariusz S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Simple and fast

It's best tool for canban.

Pros

- very simple and effective - beauty design - integration with zapier

Cons

- no Polish language - no native integration with Google

Andreas v.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

The (motorcycle-) tour can start

Meistertask I find an almost perfect product. The desktop comes clean and tidy and those who like to work with the Kanban method and supervise several projects are very well served with this tool. I can only recommend it.

Pros

It helped and helps to sort all the different projects and I can work with several motorcycle-tourguides, IT-developpers, tour-operators and DMC's worldwide. All working on different projects.

Cons

At the moment I do not have anything to complain. This may come after a few more months. Will let you know. :-)

Robert T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent Project and Task Organizer!

Pros

I mostly use MeisterTask for my private projects and tasks, to share workload with my wife etc. It's really great in terms of keeping everything in one place, clear and simple, but also with opportunity to put a lot of details in projects.

Cons

So far there is nothing I do not like about it.

MH

Marcus H.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Maximizes Your Time, Minimizes the Learning Curve

Overall, the experience is wonderful. It relives stress rather than adding the stress of learning a new tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Unlike other project management platforms, Meistertask is not only affordable, but it allows you to do more with their basic features which only amplify with one of the paid versions. Meistertask is not only a great tool to help speed up workflow, it is also highly intuitive. Even if you haven't used the platform before, you most likely will be up and running within 30 minutes. It's drag and drop interface is incredibly fast, east, and straight forward making it ideal for beginner and advanced users.

Cons

The only issue that I have with the software is the lack of list view for the project workflow. I also would like to see calendar view of the current projects and not just in reporting view.

WC

William C.

Computer Software, self-employed

Great for Personal Use

I am currently using the free version for personal task management. I use it to manage my employed work, a couple of small side businesses, and my personal life. It's perfect for that and way better than standard to-do lists because the Kanban format helps you stay focused on whats really important. I'm really happy with this software and would pay a small perpetual license for it, if I was forced to. However, I would not pay a monthly fee for it, because that licensing model for personal use would be too expensive over time vs. other 'free' solutions on the market.

Pros

Very handy, full-featured Kanban tool with built-in to do list. Easy to move projects to tasks, tasks to projects, tasks to different lists or even other boards. I find tags to be really helpful... I often tag items as 'Important' and/or 'Urgent'. This software does what it's supposed to do very well, actually. Have not yet run into anything I would consider a bug, and seems to sync pretty well between my devices (Andriod phone, second laptop) at this point.

Cons

There are some features I would like to see added. In order of importance to me: 1a) Ability to re-order todo list items in the My Tasks View 1b) Ability to resize the project screen sizes and list widths. Overall, the application display is just too big and wide for my tastes. I prefer consolidated screen sizes to condense as much info as possible into a single view and for my tastes, there is a...

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great task manager that can be interconnected with mind maps

As explained above, I used it to manage the tasks on different projects with the team of eight people in total and complement a board task manager with mind maps to make the project planning and tracking more visual. It allowed me as a manager to keep track on the things that were going on although I was often on the road for days and since it has a really great visual interface it was easy to spot potential problems (over-allocation to some person, possible delays etc.) before they actually happen and act proactivelly

Pros

The best thing about this software is that interconnects with MindMeister mind mapping software perfectly, out of the box. This means that you can define your project in a mind map (which is in itself really useful and visually clear) and then just make an item a task with deadline, priority, person assigned and it automatically appears in Trello-like interface with buckets so you can move from one...

Cons

Personally, I really enjoyed using the app, but two colleagues on my team did not like it since they felt that some of the features are too much (and that as a manager I could track more things than they would normally want) and preferred a simplicity of Trello that we used before this. That said, if you use paid version, you have a lot of options that you can utilize, which can be distracting for some people on your team, while if you use the free basic version, options such as agenda, seting the duration of tasks etc. will be missed.

DS

Danielle S.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Great for tracking Weekly and Daily Big Three Tasks (Big Rocks, other tasks, etc.)

I originally downloaded the application to attempt to tackle some #StayatHome projects. These are personal projects as I am unemployed. I find that the visual layout on the web-version is compelling and I enjoy using it. The reminders on my phone are limited, no snooze feature if you're stuck on another task, but overall decent anyway. I would and have recommended this product and will likely do so again.

Pros

I love the overall layout and design look of the software. I use the web-based version and the Android version. I like that I can get a good picture of what my day looks like - what I've planned to do, and what I may be missing from my tasks that needs to be done. It is a great companion to my Full Focus Planner, a Franklin planning system, and a general task list.

Cons

I wish the free version had more projects - something like 4 to 6 would be great. My budget may allow me to purchase the full (I think Pro) version. I am using this for just myself right now, but can see how a business could make use of it. Like most To-do apps, a decent snooze feature is lacking. Sometimes I am in the middle of working on a task and need a few more minutes to finish up - snoozing an upcoming item is always helpful.

PT

Peter T.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

good and easy kanban board

for a while i did use it daily for freelance projects and private life planning. also used it for some scrum-like sprints, more the execute part of it than the planning and strategy

Pros

easy to use, good functionlity in the free version. good for small projects and private use or freelance use

Cons

would love unlimited space to add text in the cards (it is limited in my free version, maybe paid version as well

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Great for To-Dos and Project Management

MeisterTask is really helping me keep track of the many things I have going on and keeping them organized by project, with deadlines and action items. It's a free tool that gives me all I need in a task management system when other brands and systems have fallen flat.

Pros

I started using MeisterTask about a year ago to keep track of all my projects internally. To be honest, even though it's marketed as a teams system, I love using it for just myself. It's the only to-do list type system I've found that helps me keep track of where things are and keep them organized. I like how you can manually move tasks from start, to in progress, to finish. You can clearly indicate action items and next steps, unlike a lot of the to-do list apps I've found. I also love that I can use it seamlessly from my computer to my phone.

Cons

Honestly, it's kind of all I need in a to-do/project management software. I've definitely found some quirks and some things in the system I need to get used to. But, overall it has all the features that one would use for task management and the collaboration process looks like it could be easy as well.

MW

Megan W.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

The secret productivity tool more people need to know about!

I first heard about Meistertask on a podcast. I was certain I didn't need this tool. After all, I had a system that worked for me. Plus, I had tried the other tools. Asana was "okay." Airtable and Notion were confusing. Trello was clunky (i.e. ugly). Clickup had great features but felt very overwhelming when you are a solopreneuur, party of one. >> But once I tried MeisterTask, it simplified everything for me. It's visually easy to navigate and allows me to see exactly what I need to do each day. Also, the task cards hold all the links and information I need to stop wasting time jumping between files all day. In short: it simplified my workflow.

Pros

As a copywriter, I'm constantly juggling multiple projects for multiple clients. MeisterTask makes it easy to see where I am in the process and each task card easily holds all the links, files, etc. that I need to complete the project. No more constant back-and-forth between Google Drive, email, etc. I'm saving SO much time seeing everything in one place!

Cons

Resetting reoccuring tasks at the start of each week seems a little cumbersome, but maybe I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Ernest A.

Research, 1-10 employees

The best out there

My overall experience has been great. You guys have been beautiful. I have used you and been with you guys for a very long time. It feels just like yesterday. The least that I can do is take a little moment out of my time to give you guys a good word and a good reviews. If you are looking for a mind-dump ... that is what the heart of Kanban tools are for. Meister-Task is for you. It goes into the...

Pros

- Collaborating with people - Time tracking - Lots of Projects

Cons

- I have not seen an ability to video the network map of task dependencies - I have not seen an ability to calculate critical path analysis - I have not seen the ability to do financial project management, so that I know the cost of how much a project would be costing me. This might be outside the scope MeisterTask and under a new umbrella of "Accounting" (eg Xero or Quickbooks) but Microsoft Project Online does this and to me, this is why MeisterTask will always to in 2nd place to Microsoft Project Online

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review, Ernest! Our team really appreciated reading your kind words, and our product team is very interested to hear from a long-time user who can provide such valuable and incisive feedback for our future roadmaps. We couldn't be more thrilled to hear that you found MeisterTask to be both intuitive, powerful and beautiful; these are three of our most primary goals as a team. We feel "blessed" ourselves to have such a loyal and involved community of users like you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@meistertask.com or on Twitter at @MeisterTask with any other comments or feedback. We'd love to hear from you! Best, Andrew @ Meister

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Finally a tool that made me switch

My experience with MeisterTask has been excellent. After using Omnifocus for over 10 years, I made the switch to MeisterTask, and I'm glad I did. The first thing that stood out to me was how beautiful the interface is. I also appreciate how easy it is to use, and the visual tool aspect is a major plus. Being able to look at my boards and have a bird's eye view of my entire life and projects is extremely helpful. MeisterTask has made task management more enjoyable, and I look forward to using it every day. I would highly recommend MeisterTask to anyone who wants a visually appealing, user-friendly, and efficient task management tool.

Pros

MeisterTask is a beautiful and intuitive task management tool that stands out for its ease of use and visual approach. Unlike traditional text-based task managers, MeisterTask allows users to create and organize tasks using visual cards and customizable workflows. It's easy to set up and use, making it a great choice for individuals or teams looking to improve productivity and efficiency. MeisterTask's Kanban-style interface also helps limit work-in-progress, ensuring that tasks are completed on time and within budget. Additionally, MeisterTask is available on all platforms, including desktop and mobile, so you can access your tasks anywhere. Using MeisterTask is not only productive but also fun, thanks to its vibrant colors, animations, and user-friendly interface.

Cons

MeisterTask is a great task management tool that offers many benefits, but it does have some drawbacks. One of the main limitations of the tool is the lack of flexibility when it comes to customizing repeating tasks. Unlike other task managers, MeisterTask does not provide a lot of options for setting up repeating tasks, such as setting a task to repeat three days after it was last completed. Additionally, the tool is not as well integrated with Siri as some other task management tools, which can be a downside for users who rely heavily on voice commands.

SH

Sacha H.

Internet, 1-10 employees

That's when You say: Why no one did it this way?

I downloaded MeisterTask because I was unsatisfied, for a reason or another, with the task managers I was using. I've been through todoist, asana, trello… It was a total surprise: UI absolutely clean, nice and effective; workflow intuitive and super useful, logic super linear. Everything seemed to me to be, for the first time since I use task managers and gtds (I started a loooong time ago), in the...

Pros

Ease of use, workflow, simplicity, intuitiveness, tools, logic, learning curve: practically, almost everything. I have been using all kinds of task managers, gtds: none of them can rival the "zero curve" it took me to approach and use effectively this wonderful app. It's so well crafted that it took me really no time to decide to use it. Now, is the daily companion for me and the people I work with. Priceless.

Cons

In the webpage version I can't find how to start the timer on a task (I have to do that on the smartphone) and I have to reload the webpage, sometimes, cause it seems not to be perfectly updated. In the smartphone versions, I'd like to see all messages in a specific task organised differently: they are at the bottom, mixed with all activities, and therefore they are not so effective as they could. But is a minor thing.

SO

Shawn O.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great product

Good experience. Friendly and quick customer support staff, and a functional and regularly-updated product that does exactly what it says it will. Love the customization options, too!

Pros

The visual display, ability to customize lists, color coding, and tagging all make MeisterTask easy to use for even team members who are not very tech-savvy. Updating the entire team about a part of a project is as simple as drag-and-drop. Commenting nests to help you follow conversations, and you can "watch" the bits that matter to you-- which has really helped minimize slack in our work. I also really love that I can set my own due dates for each tile and get a reminder email to help me follow up more easily. I also really appreciate the data security and stability. Definitely a great kanban board product.

Cons

Occasionally we've had integration issues with Dropbox, but those seem to have been mostly resolved with the latest update (fingers crossed). The app version of the product is also a little bit iffy on some devices (doesn't always update or follow along with the user). However, no significant issues with the desktop version. I wish there was the ability for an admin user to turn off "completed" ability for users. Sometimes my team clicks "completed" instead of "close" which is annoying (but thankfully fixable!). I also wish that the downloadable excel version had a better way to navigate the checklist and comments, but that's a small thing compared to how great everything else is.

Hi Shawn, Thank you for all this feedback, this will be forwarded to our developers to consider it for future updates! Have a great day, you MeisterTeam

MH

Matt H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

LOVE Meistertask!

Pros

I manage several grant projects at a time with several staff members working on each grant. I used to have a GIANT white board in my office where I would track the progress on grant deliverables and staff assignments. At the end of every day, I would spend 30 minutes to an hour erasing and updating the white board. Now, with MeisterTask, that task is cut down to 10-15 minutes. What's even better,...

Cons

I wish there were better data tracking features. Like when you archive a task, it would be nice to be able to go back and see what got done in a single day. We also do a lot of data tracking for grants. We explored using Custom Feilds to record the data we were tracking. It worked great in the program, but did not download cleanly at all into a CSV which we needed for reports to our funders. If Meistertask could build some more robust data tracking into the program, it would be even better!

MT

Milan T.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Good software for project planning

Pros

Ease of access. UI is somewhat intuitive.

Cons

Would love to have deeper customization of the UI, ability to assign more than one person to a task, manually adding time to a task.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

This is definitely one of the most feature packed task management tools I've seen

Pros

MeisterTask is good, very good, it has a lot of great features that will definitely help you become more productive in your projects.

Cons

Pricing could be better, more languages availability as well.

PS

Priscilla S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Helpful in handling multiple task

Pros

Customizable, Easy to use, easy to assign tasks, helpful in project management, able to do a collaboration with a team member

Cons

sometimes it is difficult to edit the task/ item. Some command is different than a generic keyboard. It would be great if the command on the keyboard is the same. Such as I can use ctrl+A to select all or simply copy a sentence by crtl+c, etc.

Hi Priscilla, thanks so much for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear that MeisterTask has simplified collaboration in your team. We work hard to make MeisterTask as intuitive as possible, so I've forwarded your comments about keyboard shortcuts when editing tasks directly to our product team. Feedback like yours is extremely valuable to us, thanks a ton! We wish you all the best in the future with task and project management. Don't hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @MeisterTask or via support@meistertask.com Cheers, The Meister Team