MeisterTask Reviews

MeisterTask

Collaboration and task management tool

MeisterTask

Review Summary

Pros

It is very easy to use, it is wonderful that I can share this with my collegues and we can all see what each other is working on and for how long.

Zuhal N.

I like how is designed and i like the user friendly interface. I recommend this app for everyday use and i like how the pro user features are easy to found and use.

Oprea R.

Meistertask is one of those few products that combine simplicity and usefulness. It's good as it is and I don't feel like they should be adding other features.

Ricardo M.

Cons

I had problems with having a overview about the tasks in my team. Now we can shortly assign the tasks and nothing gets lost in the chain.

Yann H.

The registration process was a little bit confusing, because mind master comes with it and I was irritated for a second, cuz i didn't wanted the mind mapping tool.

Arash S.

Communication was at an all-time low, and I grew frustrated because I would not know the due dates of any tasks, or when the task was assigned. Meister has helped a lot with those problems.

Kayla D.

Improved project planning and management

Before Meister Task, having a centralized Project management system that allowed us to keep track of projects, assign tasks and reporting on progress was a nightmare. We find it a lot easier these days because of MT.

Pros

The software platforms are seamlessly integrated and I have access to my tasks on the go.

Cons

I haven't yet found any issues with this software but as soon as I do, I'll definitely bring them up to the dev team. However, providing for the ability to add project level resources (files and attachments) would be nice. Absence of email updates on pending tasks (not calender based) could also be useful.

Great, Affordable Project Board for Teams

It's an easy-to-use tool for your entire team. The horizontal layout makes it easy to click and drag projects/tasks from one development stage to another (one board to another), trigger email alerts, and create checklists. That makes task organization easy for a team. We have around a dozen staff using MeisterTask, and they all love it.

Pros

It's an incredible value for the features. We only need to pay monthly for our administrator account, and all our staff users are free. They don't get to create projects or add/change actions, but their day-to-day use of MeisterTask is free (e.g., creating and completing tasks/tickets, moving tasks around, adding checklists, etc.). I also love the integrations with other services like Zapier, which we use to allow creation of tasks via sending emails, and the MeisterTask plugin for Gmail, which lets you create tasks directly from your Inbox. This adds tons of value for our staff, who again are free users.

Cons

I personally don't like task management that is laid out horizontally on boards (e.g., Trello). The board layout lacks a visual hierarchy that I prefer and see in other free/cheap task management products like ClickUp. Also, while you can upload and attach files to each task, you can't immediately download from the task. You have to wait while MeisterTask fetches them from wherever they are stored in the cloud. There's a short delay, and you need to refresh your browser page to see the notification that contains your download link. That's a slight annoyance.

A Great UX and Design

We have been utilized this took to build up our product for not many years. I incline toward it extensively. Effectively open usefulness, includes a "fair works" stream, many tweak capacity, extremely bright however during a gratitude to make the work simple and increasingly fun. Easy to utilize and a wonderful interface. Extraordinary on the telephone as well. Great to be prepared to connect errands up with individuals.

Pros

Helpful for picking various activities which for my situation includes housework likewise as work assignments. Incredible for arranging my work, especially during the composing upstage. At an extremely moderate cost, we get a superb arrangement of highlights and in this way, the devices permit our group to plan and oversee errands without any problem. The reconciliations are incredible as well.

Cons

Frenquently my telephone wouldn't tell me of an undertaking that was expected which nullifies the point of getting development in case I'm not helped to remember it! Has a few bugs! Now and again need to restart the product, or move out of an errand and back to it to embrace and acquire the development to enter appropriately or a title.

Wish they ironed out the bugs

Started with this software a few years ago and really need to spend some time looking for other software. Run accounting firm and use this software to manage the monthly entry for all clients. As all my workers are remote, I need something dependable to assign tasks and manage timekeeping for each client. Unfortunately Meistertask fails hard on dependability. The backgrounds are pretty and the aesthetic...

Pros

-Can track time by task -Can assign multiple team members -Team members can view time -Can set up multiple projects or clients -Can get notifications when tasks completed

Cons

-Would be great if all workers couldn't view everyone's time -Need feature to pull time for a date range -Time Tracking glitches every other month -Customer service takes forever to fix issues

Great for tracking Weekly and Daily Big Three Tasks (Big Rocks, other tasks, etc.)

I originally downloaded the application to attempt to tackle some #StayatHome projects. These are personal projects as I am unemployed. I find that the visual layout on the web-version is compelling and I enjoy using it. The reminders on my phone are limited, no snooze feature if you're stuck on another task, but overall decent anyway. I would and have recommended this product and will likely do so again.

Pros

I love the overall layout and design look of the software. I use the web-based version and the Android version. I like that I can get a good picture of what my day looks like - what I've planned to do, and what I may be missing from my tasks that needs to be done. It is a great companion to my Full Focus Planner, a Franklin planning system, and a general task list.

Cons

I wish the free version had more projects - something like 4 to 6 would be great. My budget may allow me to purchase the full (I think Pro) version. I am using this for just myself right now, but can see how a business could make use of it. Like most To-do apps, a decent snooze feature is lacking. Sometimes I am in the middle of working on a task and need a few more minutes to finish up - snoozing an upcoming item is always helpful.

Great task manager that can be interconnected with mind maps

As explained above, I used it to manage the tasks on different projects with the team of eight people in total and complement a board task manager with mind maps to make the project planning and tracking more visual. It allowed me as a manager to keep track on the things that were going on although I was often on the road for days and since it has a really great visual interface it was easy to spot potential problems (over-allocation to some person, possible delays etc.) before they actually happen and act proactivelly

Pros

The best thing about this software is that interconnects with MindMeister mind mapping software perfectly, out of the box. This means that you can define your project in a mind map (which is in itself really useful and visually clear) and then just make an item a task with deadline, priority, person assigned and it automatically appears in Trello-like interface with buckets so you can move from one...

Cons

Personally, I really enjoyed using the app, but two colleagues on my team did not like it since they felt that some of the features are too much (and that as a manager I could track more things than they would normally want) and preferred a simplicity of Trello that we used before this. That said, if you use paid version, you have a lot of options that you can utilize, which can be distracting for some people on your team, while if you use the free basic version, options such as agenda, seting the duration of tasks etc. will be missed.

Enables a great overview & isn't too complicated

Pros

It looks really nice and allows us to have a much better overview over the multitude of tasks we need to keep track of. Also, my non-tech-colleagues can use it easily as well. We use the "kanban board" in a slightly different way - using columns for different task groups like "quality management" or "orders" and subdivide it into the tasks that need to be finished. Being able to see how much of a task is done and who is currently working on it is also very nice.

Cons

We purchased an upgrade, but when we weren't on time for the payment it was confusing to get back to the basic version. Because that was so intransparent we're currently using the basic version although we've payed for the upgrade. Also, that bar you use to scroll - especially at the bottom of the screen to side-scroll is tiny - we often use Meistertask on a 13" screen, so if you could enlarge that, it would be great. Assigning multiple people to one task would also be a nice improvement. And do you have more colors?

Great App

Like I said, it's great. Just I would add some feature that allows you to change the view from "task columbs" to a calendar, instead of have to go to google calendar. But maybe it would be overcomplicated, so the simplest the better. Less is More ;)

Pros

The best of this app is the simplicity of create and organize tasks. You can assign tasks to the members of your team and that´s so powerfull. I plan all my proyects, business stuff and also my life objectives and routines. I didn't try the premium plan, but I am sure that his connectivity with other apps are also great.

Cons

I like everything in general. Just I had some problems at notifications on the mobile app, cause many times I haven't received the messages or deadline times notifications. Maybe is a mobile problem and not because de app, but I know other people that had the same issue.

It's all you need and it just works

At EURONICS Trendblog we were looking for a simple Kanban-based project management tool and MeisterTask was just what we were looking for.

Pros

- Ease of use - Reliability - Great functionality even in basic version - E-mail notification

Cons

Since I cannot post this form without entering something: Maybe I don't need a lot of the extra features. But since MeisterTask doesn't force you to (thank you!), there is nothing much to complain here.

Best app for mange tasks

Pros

I like de possibility to create many projects and my own personal schedule.

Cons

Design and the software in portuguese language.

Great tool for implementing GTD

Overall the functionality that this tool offers even at the basic level is really amazing. I highly recommend it for personal work-flow management as well as for tracking shared projects. It's not ideal for highly complex and broad projects where you need to organize based on timeline and be able to quickly scroll through hundreds of tasks—If that is your need, I'd look for a more robust PM software. But personally, at this point I'm thinking it's almost the perfect tool for implementing the Getting Things Done methodology and managing personal and work life flow.

Pros

My favorite function is the quick-entry, task checklist on the mobile app. I use this as my digital "in-tray" to capture any and all thoughts, ideas, recommendations that come across my mind or radar. I love that you can then convert those straight to existing projects. The flexibility is great, and the layers of function are wonderful, ie the checklists within project tasks, and the ability to attach docs out of your google drive to hold project support material right there within the task.

Cons

The integrations are somewhat lacking and glitchy—so far requiring the use of Zapier—with a confusing setup process (even for someone who is somewhat familiar with Zapier). I wish there was a way to more easily set reminders as opposed to just task due dates. The most annoying thing is probably that when you do convert tasks in the checklist to project tasks, they will not uncommonly end up in a completely different project. This is problematic. It's an odd glitch, but I hope that it is something the development team can remedy and seems likely so.

A perfect balance between utility, useability and design

I am collecting the workflows of all of my different personal and professional projects into different boards and then into one intgrated dashboard. The ultimate friendship between power and simplicity. And then it also looks very beautiful! I really can't work with apps on a daily basis of they do not look nice, so I am very happy to have found this powerful, flexible, and intuitive software that also takes the cake when it comes to aesthetics!

Pros

MeisterTask strikes, for me, the perfect balance between the different aspects of a task system. It has all the functionalities that I have been looking for, for my project workflow system. I can create multiple kanban (Trello-like) boards for my different projects, yet see all of my due tasks from all of the different boards on one single dashboard. This way I can keep all of my different tasks and workflows organized, yet consult only one place to decide on my next activity. It also functions in a very intuitive way, and looks just beautiful. I especially love the option to have a daily changing photo on the home screen.

Cons

So far there is nothing at all I dislike about this software, which is a huge surprise for me. I have been looking for "the perfect" project workflow system for myself, and MeisterTask might be the one I have been looking for for so many months. There is only one smal technical improvement that I would suggest to the creators, which is the option to automatically assign newly created tasks to myself, so that I don't need to perform that as a routine action.

Workflow Is Perfect for Us

After we set it up, it took a bit of learning (just a few hours) to fully realize all the aspects of it and to make it fit our company, but that's the case with any new software. We liked how when we asked "OK, we need to do this particular thing, can it do it?" and after reading the clear help files we found out right away either (a) how to do it, or (b) it couldn't do that particular thing. That second thing sounds like a negative, but it's not -- clarity is important because then we can alter our workflow and adjust without spending ages trying to kludge something. And this sounds silly, but we REALLY lke marking a task completed and then dragging it over to the green column!

Pros

It's very easy to use. We tried 6 project manager/todo apps over a 3-day period, and MeisterTask was a real oasis in that exploration. The mood in the office got immediately lighter when we realized how easy it was. Running a business is hard enough -- we don't want to struggle with the software, too.

Cons

We wish you could set up daily repeating tasks. Or tasks that repeat every few days. The shortest time interval is a week, which is too long for us.

Great for Personal Use

I am currently using the free version for personal task management. I use it to manage my employed work, a couple of small side businesses, and my personal life. It's perfect for that and way better than standard to-do lists because the Kanban format helps you stay focused on whats really important. I'm really happy with this software and would pay a small perpetual license for it, if I was forced to. However, I would not pay a monthly fee for it, because that licensing model for personal use would be too expensive over time vs. other 'free' solutions on the market.

Pros

Very handy, full-featured Kanban tool with built-in to do list. Easy to move projects to tasks, tasks to projects, tasks to different lists or even other boards. I find tags to be really helpful... I often tag items as 'Important' and/or 'Urgent'. This software does what it's supposed to do very well, actually. Have not yet run into anything I would consider a bug, and seems to sync pretty well between my devices (Andriod phone, second laptop) at this point.

Cons

There are some features I would like to see added. In order of importance to me: 1a) Ability to re-order todo list items in the My Tasks View 1b) Ability to resize the project screen sizes and list widths. Overall, the application display is just too big and wide for my tastes. I prefer consolidated screen sizes to condense as much info as possible into a single view and for my tastes, there is a...

Get Stuff Done!

I was really bad at managing my own time and tasks. I'm a small business owner AND a subcontractor not only for several companies directly, but also am available for hire as an IT consultant, so I have TONS of ways that tasks can come at me, and from many different people. I needed a way to organize this all, in one place, plus makes notes and attach files to tasks, and make things "more" than just a list. I played with several different platforms out there, but MeisterTask's layout, multiple application platforms and abilities spoke to me the loudest. At this point I am on-point AND on-task, and no longer forget to do things. In-fact, I often get compliments on how attentive I am to client needs! This is all thanks to MeisterTask.

Pros

It's free, obviously that has to be the first HUGE pro. Sure, the free version has limits, and paid versions expand that, but for MOST people the free version works flawlessly. Another huge pro for me is that they have APPS for every system, not just mobile devices, or widgets for web browsers, but they have an actual program for Windows and for Mac too. So rather than tie up another browser window, I can have an actual program that I can have open and tracking my activities. I love the team collaboration features, which comes in REALLY handy for me connecting employers as a subcontractor. Another HUGE plus for me is integration with other apps, like GMail for one, allowing me to create tasks from emails and more.

Cons

There is a fairly large gap in pricing and abilities between their different versions and plateaus, which is annoying to me. I also find the fact that they limit checklists in tasks as part of their free/paid features pretty petty.

Overall great app with only three areas of improvement

It helps me organize my daily tasks and not forget about tasks which I do not have a scheduled date for yet.

Pros

What I like most about MeisterTask is its Graphical User Interface which is very appealing. It makes using the program very easy and enjoyable. Also, it is not clogged up with information so you always have a good idea at first glance regarding what you need to do and what you have already done.

Cons

There are 3 things that I whish MeisterTask had: 1. Enhanced notification settings: The only thing that I found a bit frustrating when using Meistertask in a group project is that notifications are limited to the people asigned to a project or watching it. What would be helpful if there was an option where you could set notifications in a way that the entire group gets informed about all the activity....

Maximizes Your Time, Minimizes the Learning Curve

Overall, the experience is wonderful. It relives stress rather than adding the stress of learning a new tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Unlike other project management platforms, Meistertask is not only affordable, but it allows you to do more with their basic features which only amplify with one of the paid versions. Meistertask is not only a great tool to help speed up workflow, it is also highly intuitive. Even if you haven't used the platform before, you most likely will be up and running within 30 minutes. It's drag and drop interface is incredibly fast, east, and straight forward making it ideal for beginner and advanced users.

Cons

The only issue that I have with the software is the lack of list view for the project workflow. I also would like to see calendar view of the current projects and not just in reporting view.

Functional project management across teams

We use Meister Task to keep everyone in the loop and track each project or sale from beginning to end, making team communication and even project summary easier and more readily available to those in the office, as well as those in the field.

Pros

This software makes team project management seamless. Everyone involved in every step of the project can keep track of what is happening and when it is happening. Making easy hand-offs and open communication seamless throughout the entire project. The software is customizable and user-friendly for every level of digital experience. Users can schedule task reminders to keep tasks from slipping through the cracks. Tags make information easily available at a glance, and activity posts give a running synopsis of activity within each task. This is truly a tool for team organization.

Cons

Each task has the capability for a running synopsis of activity within the task, but it would be helpful to be able to have a little more control of the organization of comments within the task. All comments currently are listed in the order that they are made. This makes it a little difficult to follow the flow of information since all information is mixed in the flow, instead of being able to make...

Just what I'd been looking for

MeisterTask is amazing and I really can't believe what they offer with the Basic version, for free. I finally have all the organizational tools I need, in one place, without having to have a to do list at one place, a calendar at another place, etc. I can't speak to their customer service, as I've never needed it for anything.

Pros

I'm not exaggerating when I say I've tried almost every online task management software in existence. They're all either just not quite right or too expensive. MeisterTask offers a Basic (free) subscription, with several paid levels (Pro & Business) you can upgrade to as needed. Many similar products have free versions, but they are greatly limited in comparison to the paid counterparts (and what you...

Cons

The only thing I would change about MeisterTask is that each task needs to be specifically assigned to a "team member" or it's automatically marked as "unassigned". For those of us who are using MeisterTask as individuals, it might be nice to be able to state that somewhere in settings, so all tasks automatically default to us, just to save that extra step. This is just a very minor inconvenience, however, and I had to nitpick to come up with it. It is also important to note that the free version doesn't support recurring tasks, but if you need that, the Pro price is very, very reasonable for the additional features it has.

That's when You say: Why no one did it this way?

I downloaded MeisterTask because I was unsatisfied, for a reason or another, with the task managers I was using. I've been through todoist, asana, trello… It was a total surprise: UI absolutely clean, nice and effective; workflow intuitive and super useful, logic super linear. Everything seemed to me to be, for the first time since I use task managers and gtds (I started a loooong time ago), in the...

Pros

Ease of use, workflow, simplicity, intuitiveness, tools, logic, learning curve: practically, almost everything. I have been using all kinds of task managers, gtds: none of them can rival the "zero curve" it took me to approach and use effectively this wonderful app. It's so well crafted that it took me really no time to decide to use it. Now, is the daily companion for me and the people I work with. Priceless.

Cons

In the webpage version I can't find how to start the timer on a task (I have to do that on the smartphone) and I have to reload the webpage, sometimes, cause it seems not to be perfectly updated. In the smartphone versions, I'd like to see all messages in a specific task organised differently: they are at the bottom, mixed with all activities, and therefore they are not so effective as they could. But is a minor thing.

Enjoying Meister

In over all I like it I can have different projects and people and I can run all in easy way

Pros

The UI is nice, and what I most love is you can track your time! and make relations between cards

Cons

the price! definitely if I want to make pro I'm not sure that I can pay for it yet is not there something that make me feel that have great value for be pro

At Last I've Found Something That Really Works

I am professional artist so I'm using it for art projects - the creative and marketing tasks involved are generally the same - I've used the task template function to save time with all the to do's - it's provided me with more structure and consistency and has jogged my memory so many times and kept me on track. It makes managing so many subtasks so much easier - and seeing them laid out in a visually...

Pros

It's visually pleasing to work with, you can colour code projects and add coloured tags which makes it easier to see what is going on. You can build custom task lists to reuse that saves a lot of time. You can put things into "focus" and add deadlines. Adding in links, files and comments makes tasks easier to think through and access reference material within the context of planning. There is so much functionality even with the free version.

Cons

There is no calendar function without integrating with another app. It would be awesome to be able to see scheduled tasks laid out in a calendar. I've sometimes had difficulty visualising overarching goals and tracking habits (I'm using the free version so there are no stats available).

LOVE Meistertask!

Pros

I manage several grant projects at a time with several staff members working on each grant. I used to have a GIANT white board in my office where I would track the progress on grant deliverables and staff assignments. At the end of every day, I would spend 30 minutes to an hour erasing and updating the white board. Now, with MeisterTask, that task is cut down to 10-15 minutes. What's even better,...

Cons

I wish there were better data tracking features. Like when you archive a task, it would be nice to be able to go back and see what got done in a single day. We also do a lot of data tracking for grants. We explored using Custom Feilds to record the data we were tracking. It worked great in the program, but did not download cleanly at all into a CSV which we needed for reports to our funders. If Meistertask could build some more robust data tracking into the program, it would be even better!

Easy and affordable for my little nonprofit office

As mentioned before, I have been able to save and categorize my office gmail emails as visually-pleasing, easily-comminicable tasks that can be shared in my little office. It has replaced the ugly little scribble-notes on my desk (for the most part). :) We are a small non-profit (four people altogether) so the free basic account is wonderful, although we are considering the Pro. I have already mentioned it to several friends.

Pros

It is free and an add-on within gmail! And it's beautiful! Our office uses G-Suite, and I was desperate for a replacement for Inbox, which I had been using for the last year because it allowed me to pin notes and to-dos on each email regarding such things as follow-ups needed or website updates for users. MeisterTask allows us to take a gmail email and turn it into a categorized to-do task that I can categorize, assign to someone, and place a due date on. I love that I can have a conversation per to-do and my admin asst and I can get tasks done and tuck them away without ever having to ask each other questions in panic as later follow-up.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like given what I am using it for. Maybe more could show up there as notifications - such as what is still in progress or yet to complete (or maybe I can set this up in settings somewhere)? I would love to take it to take it to a higher level, because I am using Smartsheets for event management, but I would need to be able to build and save multiple projects (outside of my office tasks) and be able to make use of complex templates and viewable calendars. I'm not quite sure what/where my abilities end with MesiterTask, but then I just started using it. I hope it doesn't go away.

We're very happy to hear you're using MeisterTask and that you're also making use of the integration with Gmail! You can customize your notification settings when you click on "preferences" in your project board. Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review Rachel! We'll take your feedback in consideration!

good and easy kanban board

for a while i did use it daily for freelance projects and private life planning. also used it for some scrum-like sprints, more the execute part of it than the planning and strategy

Pros

easy to use, good functionlity in the free version. good for small projects and private use or freelance use

Cons

would love unlimited space to add text in the cards (it is limited in my free version, maybe paid version as well