MeisterTask Reviews

User ratings

4.7

1K
  • Likelihood to recommend9.22/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I love the due dates and the reminders the most, it helps the other students stay on track so that we all get the best grade possible.
The paid version is excellent and grants greater access and more detailed reports and statistical management. The kanban board layout is user friendly and, personally, visually appealing.
It's pretty easy to use and you fall in love with the user experience of Meistertask. The features even in the free version are so helpful.
The only thing I can complain about – and this is nitpicking – is the lack of internal calendar.
File sharing and revision management is poor. Desperately needs a contacts page that can be linked to outlook or at least built for the project.
As all my workers are remote, I need something dependable to assign tasks and manage timekeeping for each client. Unfortunately Meistertask fails hard on dependability.

MeisterTask users...

Todoist-logocaret

Todoist

Asana-logocaret

Asana

How would you rate MeisterTask?

1,015 reviews

MesiterTask User Review

Transcript

Ethan T.: Hello, my name is Ethan. I'm an operations manager in the higher education field. I give MeisterTask...

I can sort of all pending and completed tasks

With MeisterTask, we can manage and work on several projects at the same time, even if we are in separate places. Using this software has the added advantage of being simple, affordable, and widely accessible, all thanks to its cross-platform interoperability.

Pros

With MeisterTask, customers may take use of this project management solution in a matter of minutes thanks to its simple and intuitive design. Managing many projects and sub-tasks at the same time is also a breeze. Good for teams/collaboration and excellent mobile applications. Kanban task management method. Exactly one year ago, I was searching for an alternative to Trello.

Cons

MeisterTask does not include a workflow calendar, which would provide for a more full picture of the productivity of a project.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review, Shayla! It's always great to hear from users who've benefited from our collaborative Kanban-tool. :D I've forwarded your suggestion regarding a workflow calendar to our project manager, who is always happy to collect and consider user feedback. In the meantime, you might want to try out direct integrations with Google Calendar and iCal. We'd also love to hear more about your experience with MeisterTask, including any improvements or suggestions you might have! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @MeisterTask if you have any feedback. Thanks again, Your MeisterTask Team

An ideal collaborator for managing projects

This is the appropriate solution for you if you require a comprehensive overview of your projects, tasks, and the implementation of cooperation among numerous users. It has a strong impact despite its seeming simplicity. The product has served me well for almost three years, and I have no reservations in recommending it. Although I am a web developer and the owner of a marketing business, this is the tool I find most useful.

Pros

I appreciate how accessible it is regardless of the device being used. Meistertask has made it very easy for me to keep track of the many tasks I'm working on at once. I use Kanban to monitor the status of each job within a project, log hours worked on each task, and compile time-based reports for clients.

Cons

Very few drawbacks may be found. Perhaps the cost of the Timeline (the new Gannt chart similar) function. Please add more functionality to the free tear. It's OK to pay, but you can't always demand your coworkers chip in. As an additional feature, I'd want to see support for integrating with external services. Having it available would be really convenient.

MeisterTask

Pros

Shows a log of all user-created tasks in lists.

Cons

Non user-friendly interface, non intuitive, lacks basic features.

Hi there, thanks very much for reaching out! We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience with MeisterTask - we pride ourselves on having an intuitive and beautiful UI that most users love, so we'd really like to hear where we went wrong for you. Please reach out to our product team at support@meistertask.com. Thanks again, Your MeisterTask Team

An easy-to-use project management tool

Notifications, timely project management, and a colorful UI make this the ideal tool for project management. Task assignment attributes and deadlines are also extremely impressive. Not exceeding deadlines since they offer reminders aids in remembering all the actions that are critical for a certain project's progress.

Pros

As a project management tool that is both excellent and extremely useful, MeisterTask is a terrific choice. Because of its reasonable pricing and similar functionality to its competitors, this product is a viable option for consumers. With MeisterTask, customers may take use of this project management solution in a matter of minutes thanks to its simple and intuitive design. Managing many projects and sub-tasks at the same time is also a breeze.

Cons

It has several wonderful features that make me more productive

MeisterTask is excellent; it offers a plethora of useful features that will boost your productivity on your various assignments. The program is used by my entire team for both everyday tasks and project management. It's simple, quick, and available on all of our gadgets. It's something we use every day.

Pros

I like how clean and uncluttered it is, as well as how simple it is to navigate around the various parts. The lack of clarity in many of the project management tools was the most aggravating aspect for me. The number of symbols and sentences is almost usually out of control. My clients were able to comprehend Meistertask since it is bright, straightforward, and easy for them to use.

Cons

It is possible to add tasks by clicking the addition (+) sign in between tasks on mobile devices, however it is not possible to do so on a PC. It should be geared for individuals who work independently, and a pricing range should be established for those who aren't receiving assistance from their employer.

Extremely Helpful Application

My experience has been excellent so far. The software is very functional and reliable.

Pros

The program was easy to set up and functions exactly as I need it to.

Cons

It would be helpful to enable custom fields; nevertheless, I have been able to work within the existing structure well. It would also be helpful to add vertical rows. As I have it configured, each column represents a stage in the task process. In my line of work though we migrate changes between domains, which means the process repeats for each domain that we migrate to. Vertical rows would represent the progression through the domains.

Hi Josh, thanks so much for reaching out! Happy to hear that MeisterTask has helped streamline your workflow! I've forwarded your feature request to our product team - be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MeisterTask to stay up to date on new features! Best, The Meister Team

MeisterTask for customer journeys

It's an easy to use tool. You can invite others to join a board and work with you without sending them a big tutorial to use it.

Pros

It's easy to use and you can easily adapt things to your preferred overview.

Cons

If you want to use it in combination with (a lot of) other tools (what is possible) you have to invest a little amount of time to get it done.

Love Meister Task for at view glance

I dont' use as often since we were switched to a different product. At the height of my usage I was in the system constantly and was great for giving me the info that I needed to be effective at contract processing.

Pros

I love how easy it is to figure out how to use the software and get a quick glance at what I still need to do. Also, creating a "template" for future projects was great

Cons

Doesn't lend to integrating with my other systems well. Is great as a stand alone.

Hi Yvette, thanks a lot for your review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed using MeisterTask and found it to be an intuitive and powerful solution for your business! By the way - we would love to hear more about which integrations you'd like us to add. Please reach out to us at support@meistertask.com and let us know how we can serve you even better. Thanks again, and have a great rest of your summer! Best, Your MeisterTask Team

Great Tool!

I benefit from this tool!

Pros

the organization assistance it lends me while I administratively assist others.

Cons

I wish the lists would automatically stay at the bottom.

Excellent easy to use tool for small to enterprise task/project management

Pros

user friendliness of the tool, easy management, full lead time of the project from the start till you completed, task distribution and staying upto date . new email to task conversion features is also exciting

Cons

None, everything is as per the expectation

Thanks so much for reaching out Muhammad, we love to read reviews like yours :D Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@meistertask.com if you have any questions! Best, The Meister Team

Stable task manager to boost work productivity.

The free trial was one of the bad things we experienced, but we countered it by buying one of MeisterTask's paid plans, so our benefits were noticeable when we went for a paid plan. Our overall experience has been completely positive despite the negative things that I mentioned previously, this platform has made our employees have a better production in their work, it has also allowed me to manage...

Pros

MeisterTask helps us all to have control over work tasks and manage them controlling schedules is easier with this platform. What I like most about MeisterTask is that it works in real time, so you will be able to see in real time the activities that your employees are completing, you will be able to know what task is being executed at a specific time, in addition, you will be able to meet the participants...

Cons

Synchronization between devices is one of the main things that needs to be improved in MeisterTask. Since I started using this platform I have noticed that when I add a new task schedule for a specific time from my mobile phone, these tasks take approximately 5 minutes to syncrhonize with my computer and be reflected on the computer, I would love that all tasks that I add from my mobile phone are instantly...

Hi there - thanks so much for reaching out! We're glad to hear that MeisterTask has helped you manage your employees, track progress and work more productively! In the future, be sure to reach out to us at support@meistertask.com if you need any more trial licenses in the future - we'd be happy to set you and your team up with an extended trial of MeisterTask Pro or Business :D I've also forwarded your critiques to our mobile product team - they are currently working hard to improve synchronization between the web and mobile apps. Stay tuned for more updates! Thanks, The Meister Team

It's great for task/project management and I like using it

I enjoy almost everything about this program. It does what it's supposed to and does it well.. It's a pleasure to use and does exactly what I need it to do: keep track of tasks and projects. For agile management, it's a very useful Kanban-style tool MeisterTask's interaction with MindMeister is one of my favorite features.

Pros

This software is fantastic. It's much easier to communicate with the entire team at the same time this way. As a way to keep everyone working together at all times, we use this method. It's convenient for us because we're often on the go, so we use it on our tablets.

Cons

There's nothing else I'd want to add at this time. It's nice, however I'm not sure if the fee is preventing me from becoming pro. I'm not a fan of the subscription licensing model in general. In my opinion, I prefer to get a product license, and then pay for an update if necessary.

The best out there

My overall experience has been great. You guys have been beautiful. I have used you and been with you guys for a very long time. It feels just like yesterday. The least that I can do is take a little moment out of my time to give you guys a good word and a good reviews. If you are looking for a mind-dump ... that is what the heart of Kanban tools are for. Meister-Task is for you. It goes into the...

Pros

- Collaborating with people - Time tracking - Lots of Projects

Cons

- I have not seen an ability to video the network map of task dependencies - I have not seen an ability to calculate critical path analysis - I have not seen the ability to do financial project management, so that I know the cost of how much a project would be costing me. This might be outside the scope MeisterTask and under a new umbrella of "Accounting" (eg Xero or Quickbooks) but Microsoft Project Online does this and to me, this is why MeisterTask will always to in 2nd place to Microsoft Project Online

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review, Ernest! Our team really appreciated reading your kind words, and our product team is very interested to hear from a long-time user who can provide such valuable and incisive feedback for our future roadmaps. We couldn't be more thrilled to hear that you found MeisterTask to be both intuitive, powerful and beautiful; these are three of our most primary goals as a team. We feel "blessed" ourselves to have such a loyal and involved community of users like you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@meistertask.com or on Twitter at @MeisterTask with any other comments or feedback. We'd love to hear from you! Best, Andrew @ Meister

Easy to use and manage

Pros

MeisterTask is the perfect software that will making the task management seem easy to track and to manage. The process to track and follow your task progress is very simple and it can shared with your other team member so they can be involved on the process.

Cons

There are no option to export or import you task to other task management software. It would be very helpful if they can offer an integration with other software that will synchronized the information on both software. An option to label a task for its prioritize also should be added to the software.

Hi Suzillah, thanks so much for yor review! Great to hear that you've found MeisterTask to be both efficient and intuitive :D In MeisterTask, you can export and import your projects from CSV files, JSON files, or directly from Trello or Asana. You can find out more here: https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403323243538 Also, be sure to check out MeisterTask's integrations here: https://www.meistertask.com/pages/integrations Thanks so much for your feedback! If you have any other questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@meistertask.com Thanks! The Meister Team

I LOVE this software

I don't often say I love a software, but I love MeisterTask. As I passed over some important tasks to another person, I found she was not as organized as I was, and it was costing us a lot of lost revenue as she failed to follow up on time-sensitive claim rejections and other issues. Furthermore, due to the way our main systems work, I had a hard time keeping my own eyes on the issues before it was too late. By implementing MeisterTask, we both have insight into the issues that have come back from insurances, I'm able to better hold her accountable, and tasks are getting done. I love the Kanban board, having the ability to personalize it, write notes, have overarching tasks with subtasks, and more.

Pros

Visualization, due dates, reminders. It's user-friendly, and has a modern interface. The ability to customize various aspects was great. I like the dashboard that tells you what's due today, this week, or later. As a manager, I liked being able to set up multiple projects in one place.

Cons

I wish the product had a "due date" and "follow up dates", so it was more obvious what was being worked. It took me a few to realize I could edit a comment, which was really helpful. I wish it required a due date with an option or checkbox for no due date, as opposed to defaulting to no due date. --All minor things.

Serves my purposes

I use Meistertask in two different jobs. One, with a team, to move individual participation in a larger project through a specific process. The other is to keep tickets on tasks with complex and repetitive "do lists" in order to move those tickets through a larger process involving registration and licensing of machinery. In both cases I am generally satisfied with the flexibility of Meistertask towards my needs and project management style.

Pros

It's not got a heady learning curve. It's pleasant to look at. New team members catch on at once.

Cons

Comments should be dated rather than "two days ago" for accuracy. Data export needs to be more agile. Task timing needs a label feature (identification of each time frame timed)

Hi Revel, Thank you for your review! When you hover over comments in the Activity and Comment section, the date and time when they were posted will be displayed. Point taken though, we may want to display it right away instead of "x days ago" - i'll forward your suggestion to our developers, as well as your further ideas. We appreciate the feedback :) Best, Your MeisterTeam

Great task manager that can be interconnected with mind maps

As explained above, I used it to manage the tasks on different projects with the team of eight people in total and complement a board task manager with mind maps to make the project planning and tracking more visual. It allowed me as a manager to keep track on the things that were going on although I was often on the road for days and since it has a really great visual interface it was easy to spot potential problems (over-allocation to some person, possible delays etc.) before they actually happen and act proactivelly

Pros

The best thing about this software is that interconnects with MindMeister mind mapping software perfectly, out of the box. This means that you can define your project in a mind map (which is in itself really useful and visually clear) and then just make an item a task with deadline, priority, person assigned and it automatically appears in Trello-like interface with buckets so you can move from one...

Cons

Personally, I really enjoyed using the app, but two colleagues on my team did not like it since they felt that some of the features are too much (and that as a manager I could track more things than they would normally want) and preferred a simplicity of Trello that we used before this. That said, if you use paid version, you have a lot of options that you can utilize, which can be distracting for some people on your team, while if you use the free basic version, options such as agenda, seting the duration of tasks etc. will be missed.

Enables a great overview & isn't too complicated

Pros

It looks really nice and allows us to have a much better overview over the multitude of tasks we need to keep track of. Also, my non-tech-colleagues can use it easily as well. We use the "kanban board" in a slightly different way - using columns for different task groups like "quality management" or "orders" and subdivide it into the tasks that need to be finished. Being able to see how much of a task is done and who is currently working on it is also very nice.

Cons

We purchased an upgrade, but when we weren't on time for the payment it was confusing to get back to the basic version. Because that was so intransparent we're currently using the basic version although we've payed for the upgrade. Also, that bar you use to scroll - especially at the bottom of the screen to side-scroll is tiny - we often use Meistertask on a 13" screen, so if you could enlarge that, it would be great. Assigning multiple people to one task would also be a nice improvement. And do you have more colors?

Great for tracking Weekly and Daily Big Three Tasks (Big Rocks, other tasks, etc.)

I originally downloaded the application to attempt to tackle some #StayatHome projects. These are personal projects as I am unemployed. I find that the visual layout on the web-version is compelling and I enjoy using it. The reminders on my phone are limited, no snooze feature if you're stuck on another task, but overall decent anyway. I would and have recommended this product and will likely do so again.

Pros

I love the overall layout and design look of the software. I use the web-based version and the Android version. I like that I can get a good picture of what my day looks like - what I've planned to do, and what I may be missing from my tasks that needs to be done. It is a great companion to my Full Focus Planner, a Franklin planning system, and a general task list.

Cons

I wish the free version had more projects - something like 4 to 6 would be great. My budget may allow me to purchase the full (I think Pro) version. I am using this for just myself right now, but can see how a business could make use of it. Like most To-do apps, a decent snooze feature is lacking. Sometimes I am in the middle of working on a task and need a few more minutes to finish up - snoozing an upcoming item is always helpful.

Great tool for implementing GTD

Overall the functionality that this tool offers even at the basic level is really amazing. I highly recommend it for personal work-flow management as well as for tracking shared projects. It's not ideal for highly complex and broad projects where you need to organize based on timeline and be able to quickly scroll through hundreds of tasks—If that is your need, I'd look for a more robust PM software. But personally, at this point I'm thinking it's almost the perfect tool for implementing the Getting Things Done methodology and managing personal and work life flow.

Pros

My favorite function is the quick-entry, task checklist on the mobile app. I use this as my digital "in-tray" to capture any and all thoughts, ideas, recommendations that come across my mind or radar. I love that you can then convert those straight to existing projects. The flexibility is great, and the layers of function are wonderful, ie the checklists within project tasks, and the ability to attach docs out of your google drive to hold project support material right there within the task.

Cons

The integrations are somewhat lacking and glitchy—so far requiring the use of Zapier—with a confusing setup process (even for someone who is somewhat familiar with Zapier). I wish there was a way to more easily set reminders as opposed to just task due dates. The most annoying thing is probably that when you do convert tasks in the checklist to project tasks, they will not uncommonly end up in a completely different project. This is problematic. It's an odd glitch, but I hope that it is something the development team can remedy and seems likely so.

A perfect balance between utility, useability and design

I am collecting the workflows of all of my different personal and professional projects into different boards and then into one intgrated dashboard. The ultimate friendship between power and simplicity. And then it also looks very beautiful! I really can't work with apps on a daily basis of they do not look nice, so I am very happy to have found this powerful, flexible, and intuitive software that also takes the cake when it comes to aesthetics!

Pros

MeisterTask strikes, for me, the perfect balance between the different aspects of a task system. It has all the functionalities that I have been looking for, for my project workflow system. I can create multiple kanban (Trello-like) boards for my different projects, yet see all of my due tasks from all of the different boards on one single dashboard. This way I can keep all of my different tasks and workflows organized, yet consult only one place to decide on my next activity. It also functions in a very intuitive way, and looks just beautiful. I especially love the option to have a daily changing photo on the home screen.

Cons

So far there is nothing at all I dislike about this software, which is a huge surprise for me. I have been looking for "the perfect" project workflow system for myself, and MeisterTask might be the one I have been looking for for so many months. There is only one smal technical improvement that I would suggest to the creators, which is the option to automatically assign newly created tasks to myself, so that I don't need to perform that as a routine action.

Workflow Is Perfect for Us

After we set it up, it took a bit of learning (just a few hours) to fully realize all the aspects of it and to make it fit our company, but that's the case with any new software. We liked how when we asked "OK, we need to do this particular thing, can it do it?" and after reading the clear help files we found out right away either (a) how to do it, or (b) it couldn't do that particular thing. That second thing sounds like a negative, but it's not -- clarity is important because then we can alter our workflow and adjust without spending ages trying to kludge something. And this sounds silly, but we REALLY lke marking a task completed and then dragging it over to the green column!

Pros

It's very easy to use. We tried 6 project manager/todo apps over a 3-day period, and MeisterTask was a real oasis in that exploration. The mood in the office got immediately lighter when we realized how easy it was. Running a business is hard enough -- we don't want to struggle with the software, too.

Cons

We wish you could set up daily repeating tasks. Or tasks that repeat every few days. The shortest time interval is a week, which is too long for us.

Great for Personal Use

I am currently using the free version for personal task management. I use it to manage my employed work, a couple of small side businesses, and my personal life. It's perfect for that and way better than standard to-do lists because the Kanban format helps you stay focused on whats really important. I'm really happy with this software and would pay a small perpetual license for it, if I was forced to. However, I would not pay a monthly fee for it, because that licensing model for personal use would be too expensive over time vs. other 'free' solutions on the market.

Pros

Very handy, full-featured Kanban tool with built-in to do list. Easy to move projects to tasks, tasks to projects, tasks to different lists or even other boards. I find tags to be really helpful... I often tag items as 'Important' and/or 'Urgent'. This software does what it's supposed to do very well, actually. Have not yet run into anything I would consider a bug, and seems to sync pretty well between my devices (Andriod phone, second laptop) at this point.

Cons

There are some features I would like to see added. In order of importance to me: 1a) Ability to re-order todo list items in the My Tasks View 1b) Ability to resize the project screen sizes and list widths. Overall, the application display is just too big and wide for my tastes. I prefer consolidated screen sizes to condense as much info as possible into a single view and for my tastes, there is a...

Get Stuff Done!

I was really bad at managing my own time and tasks. I'm a small business owner AND a subcontractor not only for several companies directly, but also am available for hire as an IT consultant, so I have TONS of ways that tasks can come at me, and from many different people. I needed a way to organize this all, in one place, plus makes notes and attach files to tasks, and make things "more" than just a list. I played with several different platforms out there, but MeisterTask's layout, multiple application platforms and abilities spoke to me the loudest. At this point I am on-point AND on-task, and no longer forget to do things. In-fact, I often get compliments on how attentive I am to client needs! This is all thanks to MeisterTask.

Pros

It's free, obviously that has to be the first HUGE pro. Sure, the free version has limits, and paid versions expand that, but for MOST people the free version works flawlessly. Another huge pro for me is that they have APPS for every system, not just mobile devices, or widgets for web browsers, but they have an actual program for Windows and for Mac too. So rather than tie up another browser window, I can have an actual program that I can have open and tracking my activities. I love the team collaboration features, which comes in REALLY handy for me connecting employers as a subcontractor. Another HUGE plus for me is integration with other apps, like GMail for one, allowing me to create tasks from emails and more.

Cons

There is a fairly large gap in pricing and abilities between their different versions and plateaus, which is annoying to me. I also find the fact that they limit checklists in tasks as part of their free/paid features pretty petty.

Great, Affordable Project Board for Teams

It's an easy-to-use tool for your entire team. The horizontal layout makes it easy to click and drag projects/tasks from one development stage to another (one board to another), trigger email alerts, and create checklists. That makes task organization easy for a team. We have around a dozen staff using MeisterTask, and they all love it.

Pros

It's an incredible value for the features. We only need to pay monthly for our administrator account, and all our staff users are free. They don't get to create projects or add/change actions, but their day-to-day use of MeisterTask is free (e.g., creating and completing tasks/tickets, moving tasks around, adding checklists, etc.). I also love the integrations with other services like Zapier, which we use to allow creation of tasks via sending emails, and the MeisterTask plugin for Gmail, which lets you create tasks directly from your Inbox. This adds tons of value for our staff, who again are free users.

Cons

I personally don't like task management that is laid out horizontally on boards (e.g., Trello). The board layout lacks a visual hierarchy that I prefer and see in other free/cheap task management products like ClickUp. Also, while you can upload and attach files to each task, you can't immediately download from the task. You have to wait while MeisterTask fetches them from wherever they are stored in the cloud. There's a short delay, and you need to refresh your browser page to see the notification that contains your download link. That's a slight annoyance.