QCommission Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

Reviews by rating

Great for reconciling spreadsheets that are tracking the years of customer service against commission percentage changes. Customer service is great at responding and getting issues resolved quickly.
We believe that QCommission is the best software for the money. Thank you, Team, we are glad to have you on outside as we continue to grow.
With the integration with Quickbooks and excellent configuration and training staff, QCommission is the perfect solution for our company.
We have some complicated commissions and this software takes all the worry out of that.
Initially, I found the software to be tricky to use. The data integration error codes often do not explain in basic language how to rectify the problems.
The software is a little intimidating to use at first.

JJ

Jeannette J.

TKO Associates knocks out commissions with QCommission!

I have recommended QCommission to many of my other QuickBooks and Enterprise clients. The cost is very reasonable and the benefits are soaring. Jeannette Johnsen QuickBooks Pro Advisor 972-672-8773 jeannette@jmulderqb.com TKO Associates Dallas, TX

Pros

Extremely helpful and knowledgeable programming staff and responsive customer service team. Able to customize QCommission to satisfy the requirements for many unique situations. Custom orders paid for in previous periods, even previous years, and applied to current period sales orders and invoices, the team worked to configured a field that allowed completed date to be read. Queries were configured...

Cons

Time for contact is limited because of QCommissions being in California and the site in Dallas, TX but Customer service was flexible and able to arrange time.

KG

Kevin G.

5,001-10,000 employees

Great value and excellent customer support

We are a manufacturing company that has locations in US, Mexico and Brazil. Our company has been using QCommission for over three years now. We have had to use their customer support for a number of our new projects. They have been exceptional for us. They are courteous, prompt and very knowledgeable on the product and have had exceptional patience with us. We are very happy that we found them years ago and will continue to use them moving forward. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to manage their commission payments.

Pros

Software is very easy to navigate and it is very straight forward on how to get what you want out of it.

Cons

Nothing I dislike about this product.

Hello, Kevin! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We're pleased to know that you're happy with the service that you've been receiving. We'll do our best to make sure you receive the kind of service you expect every time. :)

SH

Susan H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing,

Great Product

Pros

Good Technical Support - support staff are always responsive and provide solutions.

Cons

Wish I could do more myself. But it is ok with the technical support provided.

SF

Sarah F.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Commission System

Q Commission has been amazing to work with. We were looking for a system that could help to ensure compliance with the complex Medicare Compensation Rules and Regulations. Q Commissions has been able to develop our platform to do just that. They dove deep into understanding the rules and requirements and worked tirelessly to set up the system in a way that worked for everyone. They have created custom reports based off our needs. Best of all the support from the company from implementation to launch has been top notch. They are thorough, want to understand your business, make adjustments when needed, and help in any way they can.

Pros

Q Commission is easy to use, produces the reporting and audit trail we need to ensure compliance. Supports both the plan and agents in producing reports needed to process commissions accurately. Adjusts to our system capabilities and limitations.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. It is easy to use, produces what we need, and overall a great tool.

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for QCommission. We are thrilled that it's been helpful and useful for you. We look forward to doing business with you for many years to come! Thanks again, and stay safe always. All the best, Dianne Gutierrez Marketing Coordinator

NC

Nina C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

User Friendly Commission Platform

The team at QCommission is great. They are always helpful when I have any questions. QCommission is very customer focus driven which is something I look for when finding a product/service to use.

Pros

I am able to add new members easily and create different commission structures. The platform is very user friendly and I am able to adjust amounts and do split commission easily.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches but they are always available to fix them

Hi, Nina! Thank you so much for taking some precious time to write a review for QCommission! We sincerely appreciate it. :) We're happy that you're happy with our service and that QCommission has been able to help you process commissions easily. We look forward to providing you good quality service in many years to come. :) Thanks & Best Regards, Dianne Gutierrez Marketing Coordinator

NN

Neil N.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

its been great

Pros

After fine tuning the original software it now meets our expectations. if it wasn't for the Y2K scare we would never have seen this product.

Cons

when there are issues we are dead in the water, fortunately it doesn't happen too often. even when it does the response time is quick

KM

Karen M.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Great Experience!

My overall experience has been great! The techs are patient, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

I'm not a technical person, but this software was easy to learn and user friendly. Adding rates and entering adjustments are easy. I love the fact that you can print the statement in PDF or Excel.

Cons

When you enter an adjustment incorrectly you have to back it out and re-enter. It would be helpful if you could just delete an incorrect adjustment.

KL

Kande L.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

QCommission is great!

We needed a software that could calculate commission percentages after the customer invoices were paid and that could manage split commission percentages (more than one sales person receiving commission on a customer invoice).

Pros

Very good customer service, user friendly functions and screens, and generally easy to learn and use

Cons

Sometimes system upgrades negatively affect data imports but the most recent upgrades haven't been a problem so maybe it's been resolved.

11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Qcommission has helped our small business track and calculate commission in a much easier way.

Pros

The product is very automated and links with several other products that we use. It helps us track and calculate commissions automatically and saves us a lot of time.

Cons

fixing issues with commission calculations and plans is sometimes a little difficult to figure out. When we have an issue with the calculations of the commissions, it is hard to find out exactly where the issue is and how to fix it.

Hi there. Thank you so much for writing a review of QCommission. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate team so that we can continuously work on making QCommission better for our customers. Thanks! - Dianne Gutierrez Marketing Coordinator

Lynn T.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

okay if it's a set and forget type of purchase

Pros

I like that it integrates with Quickbooks and I can have different payee structures and statements for everyone.

Cons

This app is so frustrating to use if you have any kind of changes or new people to add. Each time I have to have support add them and everything else gets screwed up in the process. Then they expect I'm at their beck and call to troubleshoot. This product was supposed to make my life easier not more difficult and stressful. After almost a year of constant problems I will be looking for another solution.

Hi Lynn. Thank you so much for writing this review. Please know that we take this seriously and that based on your comments, we are doing our best to make things better. - Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

ro

rose o.

Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees

Great partner

each year we have taken on more sales roles within Qcommissions with no additional headcount

Pros

QCommissions has always found a way to get the job done. We are tight on timeline and complex in business and having Q as a partner has allowed us to implement some complex programs.

Cons

would like more end customer functionality and ability to custom statement ourselves

AH

Andrew H.

Save time and effort calculating commissions based on job profitability

QCommission has saved us time and effort in calculating commissions. It is robust enough to handle complex allocations and calculations.

Pros

In our business we sell oil and gas related equipment and want to provide commissions based on the profitability of jobs. The commission is split between a number of outside and inside sales people depending upon the role of the sales person on the job. Commission is paid out based on the date final payment is received. With QCommission we do some additional tracking up front for allocating commissions...

Cons

During the setup process we had a few glitches in setting up commissions. I was always able to get quick support to overcome these problems.

MS

Mitchell S.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Extremely flexible with helpful staff

Pros

QCommission is absolutely the best commission calculating software add-on available for QuickBooks. It is extraordinarily flexible and can implement just about any commission system you can imagine. I have used it for several years and they have implemented a number of different commission systems for me. The staff is very helpful when requesting assistance or professional services and their fees for such services are very reasonable.

Cons

Well, the flexibility can lead to complexity and I don't think we would well be able to implement our commission systems without relying on Cellarstone's staff to do it for us.

Hi, Mitchell. Thank you so much for writing this review. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we can get. Looking forward to working with you in the many years to come! - Dianne G.

Cd

Chelsea d.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Commission Game changer!!

I got tired of having o track sales and commission on an excel spreadsheet and I have to make sure everyone updated theirs and knew what charge backs they got. This is a major time saver and it shares with my accounting software so its easy too.

Pros

I love how it will communicate with QuickBooks and other software that is similar. I like that I can track sales and bonuses for the team.

Cons

I hate that only some features are with certain packages. I wish I could make my own package but maybe in the future this will be an option.

Hello, Chelsea! Thank you so much for your review of QCommission! We really appreciate it. We have also taken note of your comments and will do our best to further improve our services. :) All the best, Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

SK

Steve K.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

QCommission saved us days of time each month!

The QCommission team was able to help customize a solution for our CRM software that took us from spending a week sorting out commissions to just hours!

Pros

Flexible rules-based system that was able to work with our commission program. Once up and running, get data in and out of the system was a breeze.

Cons

Implimentation took some time, but much of this was based on the way we were handling our commissions. Using QCommission helped simplify a lot of this.

KH

Kellie H.

Commission Review

QCommissions has been a great and affordable solution. We were previously using complex spreadsheets. QCommissions was a great next step for us. Implementation went well - they got us up and running and have been accommodating to our system changes. Barath - in particular - has been a vital resource to me in assisting me learn the software and make changes to accomodate our annual plan changes.

Pros

Easy to use Support has been extremely helpful in resolving issues My commission person left unexpectedly and I was able (with help from support) to jump in and process the commissions without a problem Accommodates all our plans Reasonably priced

Cons

Web-based access for payees would be helpful Improved reporting Scenario planning based on historical data to improve/change commission plans year over year Additional training to learn other elements of the system beyond the basics of what I know now.

Thank you Kellie for the nice words. Customer satisfaction is core to what we do. Now, our QCommission Premier solution provides web access to Payees.

TP

Thea P.

Maritime, 51-200 employees

Great Help for Complex Programs

We have multiple plans for internal and external agents that are all different. QC allows for these programs to be easily managed and updated as needed. This has saved a lot of hours during our month end close. Payouts can be quickly calculated and presented with a few clicks.

Pros

This software was able to adapt to our complex programs and made pulling payout data very easy. It is easy to add or change program details.

Cons

Our programs are complex so the set up took some time but the team at QC was supportive and available same day.

Hi Thea! Thank you so much for finding time to write a review for QCommission. We sincerely appreciate it! We are glad that we were able to help reduce the complexity of your sales comp programs and that you don't have to spend so much time anymore at the end of each month. We look forward to working with you in the many years to come! All the best, Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

JW

Jeff W.

51-200 employees

Saves me SO MUCH TIME! Amazing product!!!

I was looking for an automated commission software that would fit our specific needs. I met with the QCommission team over the phone and they tailored the software to do exactly what I needed. After doing commission by hand, QC saves me probably an entire day's worth of work each week. Highly recommend!

Pros

Completely streamlined my payroll process.

Cons

Some things seem to be over complicated. Once I got used to it, it's not a big deal but some processes have a lot of unnecessary clicking.

Hi Jeff! Thank you so much for this review. We're glad you love QCommission! We've taken note of your concern over the unnecessary clicks and have forwarded it to the appropriate team. Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you in the many years to come! :)

KN

Kimberly N.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Commission processing is getting easier every month

Time to process commissions has been greatly reduced.

Pros

Getting commissions processed is getting quicker every month as I become more proficient. I like that I have the ability to change commission rates per commissioned item, adjust a sales person's draw account on a monthly basis, and can easily generate one-time payouts or deductions for one-off items. Setting up and importing reports for calculation is extremely easy and quick. Once you click calculate, you have your results in minutes.

Cons

The Draw account is laid out very different on the pay statements from how we showed it on our previous statements. The ending balance is the same, but it is taking my team a few months to figure out how the commissions flow to their Draw balance.

Hi Kimberly! Thank you for taking some time from your busy work to write a review for QCommission. We truly appreciate it. I have also forwarded your concern to the appropriate team. Thanks again! :) - Dianne G., Marketing Assistant

JL

Jenny L.

Great Support

We use Q-commissions as an add-on software to QB to calculate commissions. We have different reps with different calculations for each. The programmers did a good job at customizing the program, but I did have initial problems with the configuration due to communication issues. The programmers are in India and have very stong accents and unfortunatly I wasnt able to get accross what I needed. We were scheduled to start implementation in January and we didnt get up and running until October. Once the software was up and running I had great support. We have had changes and the support has been very responsive and super acurate. This software gives us what we need and is a huge help to our business. We are very happy.

Cons

Thank you Jenny for your words. I am glad you chose our sales commission software. We try to provide excellent service at a very low cost. We will take your feedback and try do much better. We are particularly happy that our customer service made you happy even with the challenges you faced.

SH

Sheryl H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Best team ever to work with

Our company went through some software changes this year and it created an issue processing commissions for the sales staff. With some outside help, we were able to hook up with QCommission staff to program us a commission payable software. Though it has been a long process, and we are still working out some kinks, the staff at QCommission has been right there for me each and every time there has...

Pros

that I do not have to figure commissions manually

Cons

working out the kinks

Hi Sheryl! Thanks for taking the time to write us this review. I'll make sure to share this with the team that handles your account so they also know you appreciate their efforts. We look forward to doing business with you in the many years to come! :)

MS

McKenzie S.

QCommission is one of the best decisions we have made for keeping track of our recruiters commission

Pros

Customer Service is excellent. The developers are easy to work with, and available to help when needed very quickly. We have a very unique commission structure, and they were able to accommodate us with no issues. I would recommend QCommission to any company having issues keeping track of their reps commission.

Cons

Hi McKenzie! Thank you for taking the time to review QCommission, and thank you for your kind words! We are happy that we're able to deliver exactly what you needed. We look forward to serving you in many years to come. - Dianne

AC

Ann C.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great Customer Service

We purchased Qcommission primarily for reporting for our sales team and to provide locked down calculations for auditing purposes. It has definitely fulfilled those functions.

Pros

QCommission is very easy to implement. Project Management during implementation was flawless - on time and on budget. I receive a lot of attention and prompt follow-up for all questions even though I am not a large customer.

Cons

The user interface when changes need to be made could be a little more intuitive.

Hi Ann! Thank you so much for making time to write a review for QCommission. We're glad that it's able to do exactly what you needed it to do and that you're happy with the implementation as well as the customer service support! I have noted your comment regarding the user interface and forwarded it to the appropriate team. :) We look forward to doing business with you in many years to come! All the best, Dianne Gutierrez Marketing Coordinator

RA

Ryan A.

Very robust product.

Pros

The amount of customization to fit needs works well. Tailoring the application for our commission structure is crucial.

Cons

A bit complicated in some areas. User customization can be difficult for items that feel straight forward on the surface.

Hi Ryan. Thanks for reviewing QCommission! We're glad to know that it's meeting your commission structure's requirements! Will definitely bring up what you mentioned as Cons to the appropriate team. Thanks again, and looking forward to working with you in the many years to come! - Dianne

TG

Tiffany G.

QCommission covers complex commission needs of Classic Design Floor to Ceiling

QCommission handles our commission needs very well. It has streamlined the commission calculation within our company. Sales people are very happy with the detailed statements they receive. The implementation team members are very knowledgeable and are ready to help whenever we need them. We would certainly

Pros

QCommission has an amazing array of functionality which makes the commission calculation very easy. It handles our job profitability based commission calculation accurately. The reporting is very detailed and now the sales people get an accurate job wise statement showing their commissions. The team is very easy to work with and is ready to help in whenever we need them. They are very good at estimates and get the work done without going over it.

Cons

I haven't encountered any yet.