All categories

Squarespace Reviews - Page 3

2,050 reviews

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Using Squarespace for 3 websites!

I absolutely love my Squarespace websites! I love that I can incorporate a store, embed forms from my CRM, blog, and the ample options for SEO.

Pros

Squarespace allows me to design beautiful, professional websites without any coding knowledge. I've designed 4 websites on Squarespace and currently run 3. The templates make it easy to choose the look of a website while still allowing lots of customization.

Cons

Different templates belong to different template families that each have different functionality. I would like it if all of the templates had the same options for customization and function in place.

Square Space Review

My overall experience with Squarespace has been more satisfying compared to some of its competitors.

Pros

I found Squarespace's ease of use to be the most impactful feature of this product. The user has access to a diverse range of aesthetic templates for creating websites, consequently one can create a respectable professional-looking website in minutes, without prior experience in web development.

Cons

The only thing I did not like about Squarespace is that it does not have a social media website template. I believe that would be pretty useful if it were present.

Best Website Platform

Squarespace has helped me to grow my business without the hassle of endless hours of tweaking and customizing website designs.

Pros

Squarespace is very easy to setup, use and manage. I love that updates don’t require constant tending and managing like Wordpress does. The templates are clean and allow you to focus your attention on the content and clean design. The new Squarespace app is such a huge time saver and allows users to manage their websites and blog posts without having to be at a desktop.

Cons

The new Squarespace app is a bit buggy and occasionally says I don’t have internet connection, even when I do.

Best Business Decision I've Made

Pros

My husband is a web designer. I have the ability to have a custom website made for me, but I also hated to ask him to fix things, and I hated going through all the code myself to update the site. I switched to Squarespace over five years ago, and it was the best decision I could have made for my business (and a great one for my marriage, too 😂). If you don't need a huge, elaborate website, but still want something clean, beautiful, and easy to maintain, I can't recommend Squarespace enough.

Cons

Every now and then, I run into limitations in a template that I wish I could change. Why certain blog styles aren't available in every template baffles me sometimes. I'll find a template I love but hate that it can't have a sidebar somewhere or that there's a blog overview rather than going straight to the blog itself.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Absolutely the best website building platform for small businesses!

Choosing Squarespace to build my website for my business is the reason I'm able to continue growing my small establishment. Since I'm able to use the analytics and connect further with Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools, I'm able to properly target my correct audiences and monitor their traffic accordingly. I'm able to test what works best for my company, and quickly modify anything that isn't working. Squarespace is one of the software's that I accredit my success to.

Pros

For the minimal price that you pay, you get an incredible amount of features. There is practically an infinite amount of uses, especially if you have even the most basic understanding of CSS, which you can apply to every template. You can easily connect all of your social media, upload pictures, easily migrate content to new pages and templates, the list goes on. If you get stuck on something, the...

Cons

My only complaint is what everyone else complains about: the templates! There's almost 100 templates now, so there's plenty to choose from. The main issue is that the templates tend to not have all of the functions you want, and you have to sacrifice certain functions for another. For example: you may need sidebar navigation, but the templates your client likes don't offer that, and you can't cross templates. I understand why you can't have ALL of the features on one template, but some templates with crossed features would be great.

Sleek Beautiful Websites

We have been using squarespace for over 3 years and love it. There are plenty of tutorials to help along the way and the tools within the platform can help create any type of website.

Pros

When searching for the perfect platform for our design business, we needed something that would showcase our work with clean lines and beautiful templates. Squarespace was the perfect fit! I loved the ability to customize every aspect of the templates as well so that we could incorporate our store, online catalog, intake forms and portfolio.

Cons

There is some learning curve with this software. It took me a few online tutorials and customer service chats to really figure out where everything was and how to use the features. Once you spend the time to learn, this platform is amazing.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The best way to advertise your business!

I had used another website maker when I first started my company but I’m so glad I found Squarespace! The program over all is amazing. You’re able to design your website with whatever pictures, graphics, fonts & colors you like. You can personalize the website to your consumers liking and you’re able to get feedback from the customers in real time. I’m not tech savvy at all and this program made me feel like I had been designing websites my entire life! If you’re a business owner, there’s no need to pay someone to design a website with technology like Squarespace. Plus, for the price you’d be crazy to go anywhere else!

Pros

Ease of use, free trial, monthly price after free trial, the ability to make changes whenever you want, the options to chose from as far as color, graphics, fonts etc. and just the overall ease of use.

Cons

The only thing I can semi complain about was getting used to the software and how to work the program in the beginning!

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

A little more expensive than some other options, but very much worth the simplicity

I got a beautiful website setup fast. It looks great, operates well, and never requires any updating or maintenance from me.

Pros

The best part of this software is the simplicity of it. I have tried to dabble in WordPress and setting up more revenue driven websites, and it just gets too complicated for me. I don't want to be hosting and updating my own versions of the backend, or worrying how a certain plugin will interface with anything. Squarespace is fantastic for this because it's just dead simple, and does pretty much...

Cons

With simplicity comes concessions in the way of customization. For one, you are very limited with what sorts of plugins/add ons you want to put on your site. SEO for example, you basically just work with Squarespace and hope theirs works pretty good. As a result, you just don't have control over every little piece that you would if you built your own site up. However, I am not super technical....

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

My favorite website builder of all

It's my favorite website builder of them all. It's harder to customize than the traditional web site and the price is a little higher than some other options. However, you can do a lot more with it than other builders allow. There's even some moving themes that I love. Once you get your bearings you can understand how to use it and really see everything they have to offer. You pay a bit more but you get your money's worth. You're also able to create a custom domain for an additional 20 dollars a year which is a great deal to me.

Pros

You get your money's worth. There's more options than any other website builder. You're able to create a custom domain for a great price.

Cons

It can be harder to work through when customizing your site. You have to pay a bit more than some other builder site options out there.

Excellent design templates

This software is really useful because thanks to the fact that it provides the best tools for the design of sites or pages it is much simpler to do this process without having to do it from scratch, besides the pages designed with it can have a great commercial growth thanks to they can position themselves in a much simpler way, which is why it is the ideal tool to grow and make known any type of business.

Pros

I really like this platform based on the design of pages or websites because it provides templates that adapt automatically to devices, but also offer a very modern and attractive design so designing web pages with them give a unique touch and very visually attractive, it also has an extremely elegant interface that can be navigated to visualize the progress of what has been done without having to...

Cons

One of the things that I do not like and I think they could improve is that it would be great to choose elements to attach on the page can be done through a bar that is displayed to the side because that way it would be much simpler to work and Do not get disoriented with what you do.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

A beautiful platform with excellent support

I began using Squarespace for my personal development blog and later built a second site to host our podcast and online courses. I have also built several sites for friends and colleagues including a yoga studio, a nursery, an independent publishing house, and a community choir. I find Squarespace intuitive and easy to use with good analytics. I recently upgraded my sites from version 5 to 7 and I’m very happy with the look and feel of Squarespace 7. Highly recommended.

Pros

The beautiful, clean look of Squarespace and ease of customising design. Scalability for display on mobile devices. Excellent customer support which is consistently prompt in response time, friendly and helpful.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, I’ve been using Squarespace for 9 years through various versions and I’m happy to continue doing so.

Best Out There

I love having a Squarespace website. I was able to find templates that I loved and share it easily, not having to worry about whether or not the website would crash or the server would go out.

Pros

The ease of use of Squarespace is the best out there. The drag and drop software, easy to follow backend and capabilities make this the perfect platform for anyone wanting to create a website, no matter what their background is. If you know how to work a computer, you can create a beautifully designed Squarespace website.

Cons

The only con of the platform is switching templates. I liked to change up my website template every year or two, but I couldn't just change the template and have the content populate, I had to create a brand new website in the back end and make it live. It just made the process a little frustrating and time-consuming.

Great for Start-Ups!

I started a side-business with a partner and this was the best website service for our needs. The cost was great for what we needed and provided us with a customer-friendly website.

Pros

The ability to customize and make an attractive website is very easy for those who have basic knowledge of websites. There is also quite a bit of information online available to help you to customize and get the basic website you are looking for. You do not need to know html to really customize your site.

Cons

If you do not know anything about websites then this software will not necessarily help you, you need someone who is willing to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the software.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Beautiful website in no time

Because this part of my job is largely volunteer, it is nice to have a product that is so user-friendly and still produces a beautiful site that people can engage with.

Pros

I am not a programmer and yet I was able to create and manage a beautiful website for our church. I love that that templates just work and I can easily customize it to include everything we want and need without having to go through a third party. The app is so helpful for quick edits on my phone when I'm out of the office.

Cons

Would like to be able to have announcement banners on the front page without paying more. It's difficult to highlight an event or create urgency with the current set up.

Great website software

Square space has been great overall, I’m happy with the ease of use and overall customer service. I’ve had a few troubleshooting issues, but overall I’m happy with the price and ease of use for my customers as well.

Pros

Square space is very easy to use. I built my companies website on there and it look me less time it was going to take on some other sites. I am by no means web designer, but square space has thought of so much, that is simplifies a lot of steps for the user. They have a lot of great designs you can choose from and then customize yours from there. The integration is also fantastic because you can work...

Cons

The only thing I struggle with is integrating reviews on my retail inventory. They don’t have a very simple way to code and have an area to have reviews on every piece of inventory and I’m still working on it. I called customer service and they were not helpful in this aspect, but have been very helpful in almost everything else.

Stop Website Shame!

Wonderful!

Pros

It's easy to use, beautifully designed and has all the features that sets you up to create a beautiful and professional website. I get compliments on my website almost daily - thanks Squarespace!

Cons

I'd like to integrate other payment processing services with my site.

Squarespace review

Squarespace is easy to use and easy to connect DNS settings, It generally takes 24 hours for a site to go live after the DNS settings have been connected. The templates are beautiful, you can choose anyone and upgrade to either personal or business, I suggest business. The trial is 14 days but that is usually enough time to create a site since you are usually just replacing images and text.

Pros

Squarespace is amazing if you are not familiar with code, it has a drop-and-drag function and many visually appealing functions, You can also add additional things like promotional popups (which is your subscriber block that pops up when you open a site), Facebook pixel, google analytics, connect MailChimp to collect a database and ad words. With Squarespace your images won't be converted to low res, you can also add videos but these videos have to be connected via a third party such as youtube or a video service. The best thing about Squarespace is their customer service, their live chats. These experts help you with your issue and if they can't help you with the solution you were hoping for, they suggest alternative methods. SEO is amazing.

Cons

The business package is expensive and if you don't have a business package you can't use a mobile info bar, place a Facebook pixel on the backend of your site and you also can't use Mail chimp to collect a database or a subscriber list. The e-commerce site is not available in rands yet. You also can't have an except dropdown on a page, this is a problem is you have long text and want a "read more" option. You can use anchor points but only if you are paying for a business plan. You also can't have a video on a banner if you are viewing in on mobile.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Out of all the website hosts I have found Squarespace to have the best templates and interface.

A clean professional looking website with easy to modify templates. I've also never had my site go offline or become 'slow-loading' when trying to view. Server issues are virtually non-existent and that's important with a business website.

Pros

The templates are number 1 for what I like most about Squarespace. They are professionally designed in a way that is highly customizable and very clean looking. You can have a great looking website quickly and with customization you can make it look original. I started using Squarespace over 4 years ago and still haven't come across a better website builder and host. The interface for adding content...

Cons

Price. Unfortunately Squarespace has gone up in price over the years for monthly and annual plans. If the cost is within your budget then it's highly recommended.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Perfect option for a DIY website

As a website designer, I use WordPress. However, for the average person who is NOT a web designer, Squarespace makes it easy to create a professional-looking, modern website. The monthly price also covers hosting and everything is automatically optimized for you so you don't need to know any of the techy stuff to get a mobile-response, healthy website online quickly. If you think you might want some customization in the future, or if there's anything really specific design-wise that you think you'll want/need, consider just doing it right the first time and hire a designer for a WordPress website. If that's going to be more than a year down the road, this is a fine option as long as you don't spend too much time fussing with it.

Pros

The NEW Squarespace they released, that doesn't have themes/templates (or whatever they called them) is a major improvement from the old Squarespace, which was already a descent option for the DIY website creator. The new version took all of the old themes and made all the options available all the time - you no longer have to change your entire site, risking losing pages to change your theme just so you could have your blog displayed a certain way. The options are limited in Squarespace, but in a good way. When you start trying to cram too many options in, it gets confusing and cluttered and hard to use.

Cons

The "old" Squarespace was difficult because certain options and layouts were only available with specific themes. While the "new" Squarespace has remedied that, they have made the process of switching from old to new VERY difficult. You cannot import anything (except maybe products?). You have to get a 2nd "plan" using their Free Trial to completely recreate your website, and THEN you have to change your domain records! When you change where your domain points, it takes your website down for about day. The whole process for existing users has been a giant headache.

Incredibly easy website management

I help manage several Squarespace websites, and have found it very intuitive and quick to set up and edit pages. It's easy to manage your plan and I haven't found their campaigning to be annoying at all while a plan is active or after it's been disabled. Overall, I've been really happy with the experience of using Squarespace and have recommended it anytime someone is looking to set up a new site.

Pros

There's a reason that these guys are probably the most well-known website solution product out there. The user interface is super slick, and so easy to use. The price is right for what you can do once you get your feet under you. I've worked with a handful of different websites in Squarespace now, and it makes it easier to recommend it each time I set up or collaborate on a site. The knowledge base...

Cons

The templates are pretty limiting. You can try them out, but honestly, with the options that are there, there really seems to be just 3 or 4 general layouts with minor differences template-to-template. There are some annoying little things like not being able to move a gallery of images from one page to another unless it's been saved as a gallery, but they're all minor things that can be avoided as you become more familiar with the platform.

Easy-build websites

Quick and easy to build interface; efficient and helpful customer service; sensible pricing and good discount for certain user types.

Pros

The ease of use to create extremely professional interface websites, they look and feel great and can be pulled together in a matter of hours.

Cons

There's a few things that require upgrade to packages, commerce and selling options are understandable, but the option to add custom code should be on all paid packages.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Creating a clean modern website with ease

My overall experience with square space has been positive and very easy to use.

Pros

What I liked most about squarespace Was that it was extremely easy to use and I am able to add features on my website without knowing how to code.

Cons

What I liked least about squarespace was that there were some limited features and functions. There were some features I wanted on the website that the templates could not achieve.

Squarespace - Honest Review

Overall, I love this platform. I have considered using different platforms but they usually have a higher price point and you have to pay for each individual template. I like that you have new templates constantly coming out and you have access to all of them.

Pros

I've been using Squarespace for my photography business the past 5 years and I love the software. I love the versatility of templates provided and the customization designs. I have changes templates maybe 5 times in the past couple of years. If you're new to creating a website this is a great place to start. It's literally a click and drag method, and the best part is that you get a beautiful website. Customer support is also amazing! Anytime I had a bottle neck I had no issue reaching out and receiving a prompt response.

Cons

After using it for a couple of years there are a few things I wish I was able to do. If you are not a programmer a few small details may really bug you. For instance if you wanted to change the spacing between images you will have to look up code and plug it into the advanced settings. For people who are not programmers it's pretty much a plug and see if it works type of approach. With that said many...

A Great Website Making Tool

Squarespace has made my online portfolio unique, eyecatching, and a great way to show off my work to prospective clients. They also consistently have great first time offers so if you are considering using their services you can almost always find it at a great deal.

Pros

It is easy to use, especially for someone who doesn't understand HTML like me. There are plenty of templates that fit each of my needs for my site as whole. I especially love the ways to set up picture galleries, which are most of what I have on there as I use it as an art portfolio.

Cons

Hooking up multiple domains to a single website can be a bit of a hassle, but eventually I was able to get mine running smoothly, and that is a very specific issue to have regardless.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Squarespace is my "personal website" platform of choice

Pros

I'm from the old school, where websites were created from scratch using Dreamweaver, and I also built a custom (but poorly designed) site on Angelfire that I still have today. Once Wordpress came along, things started to move in the direction of putting the control in editors' hands, so that knowledge of CSS and HTML were no longer necessary to get your content out there. Today, I daresay that Wordpress has too much of a learning curve, and that Squarespace is taking the lead in "ease of use," as well as the most visually appealing back-end experience for the admin/editor. It's also super easy to set up and very affordable.

Cons

I built two completely different websites using Squarespace (one for personal use and one for someone else's business), and I did not encounter any cons.