eClinicalWorks Logo

Electronic medical records for the healthcare sector

eClinicalWorks Reviews - Page 4

WE

Wesley E.

inconsistently unreliable

Pros

the finished notes do look pretty, with data on the left hand margin, instead of a 7 page note ; but you better make sure the PCP or referring doctor is listed and "known" to the circle of care, or that also has to be manually entered

Cons

once again, I dictate, and it transcribes, and then I try to "scribe" it into a progress note, and it say "the request has times out"; this used to happen a lot, it went away, and now it is back; I have to manually type every note as of this moment. I end every note with the disclaimer that I would not recommend this product. I also thought I figured out how to cut and paste data from one part of my note to another, but that failed. Typing in a diagnosis under assessments is a joke, it will either not offer the correct diagnosis or only offer an unrelated diagnosis - so under PMH I have to manually type a correct/ exact diagnosis

NT

Nadia T.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Horrible Customer Service

Not pleasant.

Pros

Nothing really besides the fact that you can document your note.

Cons

Cumbersome. Time-consuming. Too many clicks! I contacted customer support because my e-mail address constantly appeared in many fields during my documentation of my note. It also appeared in a lab note that I wrote and I didn't see it that time and so it was signed and made a permanent part of the patient's medical record. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] logged into my computer via Logmein123. He took about 30 minutes to work on the problem. I walked away to take care of some things. After the call, I realized that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] erased all of my Google Saved passwords---over 300 of them. Who does that without asking permission? This is HORRIBLE!!!! I do not know if there is any way to recover these passwords. Highly INCOMPETENT--- very thoughtless and ignorant!!!!!!

CN

Cuong N.

Bad service

Fed up with this company. Moving on.

Pros

Started with this company because of the reasonable cost and promising future. But they only grew worse as they get bigger not better. They recently settled on a law suit (you need to look it up yourself because you would not believe me as this is just a random online review). Do your due diligence and you will find out that this is not the company for you.

Cons

Bad support direct from India. A third of the time you can't understanding what they are saying. Another third they are trying to impress you with their "technical jargon" which is complete gibberish BS. The last third you are on hold while they find someone else who might be able to fix the problem.

KV

Kelly V.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

eClinical is the most difficult program and company to work with.

Pros

I literally have nothing I like about this product. I have yet to have 1 good experience with the software or the people for support.

Cons

It takes multiple steps and clicks to do any simple task, the way everything works is backwards and makes no sense so it is difficult to train anyone on. If you need support, good luck... you have to put in a ticket and wait, wait, wait for someone to call you and tell you they can't help its a glitch in the system get the new upgrade, so you do which comes with a whole new set of problems that no one can help with because its a glitch in the system and we have to wait for a new version to be available to download. I could go on and on, but I sure you get the picture.

RR

Richard R.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

poor customer service

VERY dissatisfied with support. Would give it 0 stars if I could

Pros

Features that are competitive. well established company.

Cons

dismal customer service. not or poor follow up. need to enter a ticket even for simple fixes that should be a phone call. Sales seem to be all US based, but customer service is overseas and VERY difficult to understand at times. A colleague has described using the software as a '12 step' program. Seems like it takes 12 steps to perform any function.

KT

Kari T.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

eClinicalWorks Review

eClinicalWorks is a great product but is pretty expensive so our smaller, one provider practices wouldn't be able to afford it. I know you get what you pay for, but it's unfortunate that it's so costly that a lot of providers won't even consider it for that reason.

Pros

It works great for large practices. The collection module works really well for our office, especially automatically uploading accounts to our collection agency. It has a huge amount of settings and options to chose from, which is great but can get overwhelming.

Cons

Customer service is always very prompt in their responses, but when they call it's very hard to understand them. Half the time the issue is not resolved because of communication problems.

TL

Todd L.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

eClinicalWorks is a wounded and dangerous dinosaur EMR

I would STRONGLY not recommend eClinicalWorks

Pros

There is nothing I like about this software, period.

Cons

This software is written with old code, it requires way TOO many clicks to get things done, you can NOT multitask with this EHR and it forces you into small boxes that don't give you enough real estate to get work done and keeping track of medications is impossible. Our office had been using this software for a long time and we are in the process of switching to a new EMR. Do realize there is a $1 Billion dollar class action lawsuit against the company, so "caveat emptor" [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

AM

Adam M.

Medical Practice, 501-1,000 employees

Absolutely atrocious

Not solving any problems. I hate this software

Pros

The only positive about the software is that I get to stop using it at the end of the day.

Cons

Eclinicalworks is horrendously slow. Even on an extremely overpowered laptop with 32gb of ram and a fiber optic network connection this software is so slow that its painful. I have video of it taking more than 45 seconds to move from 1 screen to another in a patient chart, not even between patients. Most actions are painfully tedious, which I could tolerate if the system moved quickly.

RY

Robin Y.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great features, poor support and follow through

Support is what would drive me away from this product. Implementation project management and installation is very good. Post implementation and project management is inconsistent and poorly managed within the company.

Pros

Good readability. Results management is effective, and the integration with patient portal eleinunsted the need for calling patients about normal values. Patient portal and integrated online billing is convenient and well received by patients.

Cons

Medication management is challenging. Preventative measures are difficult to manage. They are scattered throughout the EMR without a true home for everything. The alerts functions don’t reflect quality measure compliance.

MM

Mary M.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

worst emr I have ever used

I worked for a teaching clinic that came on board in 2011 with ecw. Horrible program, freezes, have to click in and out of multiple boxes, up to 80 clicks to finish a consult note, submit the bill, and delegate the note to the referring physician. Supposed to be okay for small practices, but awful for a teaching clinic with new learners coming in every month. In the system I had to use, you couldn't change the font size, which was tiny (font 9). So glad I am in a new job and get to use EPIC.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Very time consuming to prepare a high quality note. Have to open and close text boxes for everything, so too many clicks. Can't just start a new note and click in what you want. Can't create your own user lists, which are helpful for keeping track of certain populations.

PW

Phoebe W.

Used other for 2+ years

I love eClinical!

This software has been a consistent highlight in my career in the medical field. It was the first system I ever used and the system I recommend to anyone looking for a high-quality all-encompassing EMR. This software will help you achieve the most with your medical practice.

Pros

I love the billing functions of this software. It is so easy to post ERAs and patient payments as well as investigate claims. The charting function is extremely easy to use and customize, and the appointment scheduling through this system is the best I have used so far. My favorite section of this system though is the messaging. I appreciate how easily notes, labs, messages, and all other things are labeled and assigned to people through the "jelly beans" at the top of the screen.

Cons

The thing I would say I like the least about this software would be the reports. They were not the easiest to utilize without a large amount of effort and trial and error. That being said, I was able to obtain all the information I needed to continue monitoring my practice after some time.

KN

Khalid N.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

The worse EHR in the market

Pros

The company get paid on time ( Imen ECW). I hate to say there is not much cons about this company. I thought their ehr was easy to utilize but far fromIt. This product at once was good not anymore.

Cons

The support is all fromIndia difficult to talk to and understand. There is no time on when they will call you. When you get someone and if you understand them you will hear the following "I have to escalate the problem". The person who is assigned to our account is not even answering his calls. ECW makes updates that create more problems with no fix. There is no helpAvailable you are on your own.If you looking for ehr that will actually keep their word and give you support this is not for you. Good luck!!

BR

Bryan R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Practical and Cumbersome

Pros

eclinicalworks has stayed ahead of the curve in features and vision on multi-platform EMR. They've stayed adaptable to changing interoperability environment. The clinician for very competitive costs can garnish high access to medical home model and progressive kiosk and outreach modalities.

Cons

Lots of clicks, lots of bugs, have to fight to get senior resources to get things corrected. Slow QA turn around for fixes. Lacks patient portal where you can exchange files. Silo development model increasing bug potential, though they finally decades later are looking at Usability so we're hopeful.

SD

Savannah D.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Post Go-Live Implementation is a headache

Simple problems and questions are quickly answered (generally with-in one day) but more complex problems or implementing new programs takes months and the projects often get lost in a run-around of tech supports.

Pros

Ease of scheduling patients and reviewing labs/imaging/documents.

Cons

Implementing new features often takes months of back and forth with tech support.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Clunky, not integrated

Fine experience, but think there are many other better EHRs out there. As a student of informatics as well, it seems so outdated and user experience is too click heavy, the downfall of EHRs!

Pros

The ability to choose and make templates is great, the auto populate features are helpful as well and copying and pasting into and out of charts is easy enough and saves time.

Cons

The EHR is not linked with Sorian/ Harvest or other document viewing so requires multiple passwords, multiple sign ins, and is not easy to view within the chart without printing and creating waste. There are also multiple ways to do tasks, which seems like it would be helpful, but is actually confusing when trying to teach or talk someone through using it if they do things differently.

AB

Amber B.

Medical Practice, 501-1,000 employees

eClinicalWorks -

eClinicalWorks serves our needs as a non-profit community health center. We have two internal employees who are eCW experts and remain up to date on all features, new releases, upgrade options, etc. Our success with eCW is that we have internal employees to turn to instead of relying on external customer service to assist us when we encounter an issue.

Pros

eClinicalWorks is fairly comprehensive, allowing us to customize template options and choose which features we want to utilize.

Cons

The upgrades for certain features, like the patient portal, are slow to be released. We have been told for years that an upgrade is on its way, but there is no release date and no further update.

Jared W.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Jack of All Trades, Master of None

Pros

ECW truly is a full practice management system, start to finish. One system to schedule patients, track care received, and process billing is a major improvement on where our little organization started. The system contains many features that we haven't really tried to implement yet either, so I know it can do even more than we currently realize.

Cons

The problem with this system is that, while it does all things needed for a practice, it does none of them well. Bugs, minor errors, design problems, and other issues plague the system. Many issues can be worked around without too much trouble, but the point is that if we are paying for this system, it should perform as advertised.

LB

Laura B.

eCW for small practices

As noted above

Pros

It is one of the preferred EMRs for large hospitals, so if you are trying to get into their IPA, it helps to use it

Cons

Customer service is all outsourced. If you are brand new to this EMR, you pay for a trainer, only to find out months later, that they really did not know what they were talking about. So you wind up having to put in tickets for every problem. People call you back at random times, interupting clinic constantly, and the worse thing is that they do not speak English. They are often impossible to understand, and most of the time, end up telling you that you need another team for that. You schedule a call with that other team, and they do not know either. I have given up on quite a few things because it is just not worth the time. Bottom line is, after you sign their contract, you will never speak to someone who can speak English again!

DA

DAVID A.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Should not be your first choice

Would never buy this product again

Pros

There is nothing outstandingly good about this product; It is fairly easy to learn the basics but it takes many, many clicks to accomplish a task. The

Cons

There are lots to dislike: poor use of screen real-estate too many clicks to accomplish task slow web version hundreds of minor bugs poor interface with document functionality cost pressure to purchase more service over promise under deliver at nearly every level

GB

Glorymar B.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

ECW is all in one scheduler, EMR and billing system

The benefit of using ECW is that it is an all in one software: scheduling, billing and EMR.

Pros

What i like most is that you can do everything you need with one software: schedule, EMR and create claims. ECW can be tailored to fit individual needs.

Cons

There is not much that I do not like about ECW. I use it for scheduling and billing for a mental health office and the only problem that we have come across is that we can only select primary, secondary or tertiary for an insurance plan but for mental health we bill managed care plans which are different than medical plans.

JT

Jody T.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Great All inclusive Product

I used e-clinical for 7yrs as a Front office and Billing Manager in a Family practice Clinic. It has some great functionality and really includes about everything. Customer support was very lacking and was hard to get things fixed it a timely manner, you had to rely a lot on your own IT staff. Overall great product that I still consult on all the time.

Pros

Great Billing area and claims management. Great reporting. Love the Patient central hub, you can find anything from there.

Cons

Customer support and setup for full functionality is lacking. if you know how to use the system it is great, learning it past the webinars is difficult.

FC

Feelcia C.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

EClincal Works the good and the bad

I have worked on Eclinical Works for several years, the product is not very user-friendly and the technical support is horrible, to say the least as you have to create a ticket and wait until they call you back and the connection is terrible and the language barrier is really bad.

Pros

EClinical Works is one of the best Billing Softwares the tracking mechanisms for claims are second to none and the ability to interface with labs and other Softwares helps to make the doctor's office run a lot smoother.

Cons

The tech support is horrible and the software goes offline often and the price

AB

Alexandra B.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Its ok

It has been ok. It's not the worst but it is not the best. I wouldn't recommend switching away from it but I definitely would not recommend for a new practice. It is cost prohibitive and clunky. They do not play nicely in the sandbox so you don't have options for other integrated items. Thankfully they recently started to allow Inbox Health for statement management.

Pros

It works. You can bill and run reports.

Cons

This is a very clunky software with subpar support. It is very expensive and not easily customizable.

CA

Courtney A.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Ease of use and direction

Eclinical was essentially very helpful when switching EMR and provided our office with the support it needed to accomplish proper training

Pros

I liked that the software was simplistic and was very upfront with how the software works

Cons

Customer Service could use a little work but over all loved this system more than any other EHR/EMR we've worked with.

Hi Courtney, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you've had such a great experience. We pride ourselves on providing the best service to all our customers.

VM

Vl M.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Bad customer service and support

Average EMR software , not better but not worse that the others

Pros

It can work if you invest time in learning. They are really good in sending you a bill and reminding you about late charges

Cons

Absolutely horrible customer service. Requests and orders are not answered. Multiple people, who just plain do not understand you, do not care what you need Shady business practices, difficult to cancel services, dishonest account managers. Wasted hours of my time trying to get answers and solution to very basic questions and requests