Houzz Pro Logo
Houzz Pro

Business management software for contractors and architects

visit website

Houzz Pro Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.32/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Hands down they win a badge for best software. Houzz already has a great reputation in the industry.
The messaging features and leads features are very helpful, and I like the concierge. I haven't used the estimate feature because we have our own system for that, but I like that it exists.
The ease of use of the product is certainly there and integration with the business model was easy. The client success manager that we are assigned is amazing.
Being directly connected to a potential client by a computer on the phone, when they have no idea who you are or why your are calling at what is usually an inconvenient time for them.
I have had a few spam encounters recently and the # of leads I receive has dropped.
But the automatic responses are irritating as they continue to ask you to respond when that's already be done. The program doesn't follow through as you move through the process.

Houzz Pro users...

QuickBooks Online Advanced-logocaret

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Lightspeed Retail-logocaret

Lightspeed Retail

How would you rate Houzz Pro?

Outstanding Customer Support and Lead Generation

Transcript

Michael B.: Hi, I'm Mike, I'm a contractor. I give Houzz a five star rating. Click below for more reviews...

houzz pro maturing to another level

iniatialy used as a way to get homeowners leads its moving to an all professional construction software but still with limitations for Canada

Pros

Multiple functions CRM applications look and feel

Cons

For Canadians the product does not carry all the functionality and is still a little clunky

We love Houzz Pro

Love it!

Pros

It has everything we need to successfully run our business.

Cons

There were some frustrating glitches happening when Houzz took over Ivy but they seem to be worked out for now.

Hi, Marlena, thank you for the review and recommendation! We've put a lot of hard work into improving Houzz Pro since its debut and we're happy to hear you agree that it's come a long way. -The Houzz Pro Team

Loving Houzz Pro

Pros

We love using Houzz pro for our business! It is so convenient to have all the information in one compact location. It has made our business flow seamlessly now that we have over 100 clients!

Cons

Would love it if the few smaller requests I put in were implemented to make my job a bit easier. I tried going through the request in multiple ways but can't seem to get someone to help?!

HouzzPro could use some improvements, but it's a great start for project management.

I'm paying the annual fee that I was paying with IVY, but I wouldn't pay extra unless the features are improved. If my annual fee were to go up, I would cancel and find something else.

Pros

Ease of creating Proposals, Invoices, and POs.

Cons

The mobile apps are useless, the reporting feature needs a total overhaul.

Thanks for the feedback Michele. The app is in the process of being overhauled and the new reporting has been well received - please do contact support and submit any specific report requests you have anytime, we prioritize the requests we get from multiple customers

Overall happy

Customer service is responsive - usually able to get in touch with someone in a day or so.

Pros

that its user friendly. It does have many nuances that I have had to figure out the hard way, but that is true of any program.

Cons

I have mentioned these issues else where and super hopeful they will be addresses in time.

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Anne Marie! Could you give us an idea of some of the issues you'd like to see addressed that you alluded to in your cons? -The Houzz Pro Team

Efficiency in Design Business

It has been great in terms of exposure and the use of Ivy software. The platform also offer the basics marketing tool which is very helpful.

Pros

The all in one software simplified the way I process my business. Ivy has made it easier and effective, although the software needs some improvements it is still better than most interior design software I know.

Cons

The ability to edit or cancel items/products once the Invoice has been issued. Generating credit memos are also difficult. I also wish the bank transfer payments were free of charge.

Hi, Joseph, thank you for your review and recommendation! This coming year, we'll be updating invoices and credit memos to reflect your suggestions, and look forward to hearing your feedback after! -The Houzz Pro Team

The best software

This is support and best performance of software for the our professional life. Great software.

Pros

All new design are best and useful . So I need to learn new software. This is very useful of the our professional life.

Cons

Some of software are very difficult to useful and match me.

Amazing Product that helps drive my business!

I love how Houzz allows me to manage all my customers in one place and helps me send professional estimates to customers! The website is also a great bonus as it helps me set up a professional look for my company!

Pros

I love the professional invoicing that comes from the Houzz system and how i can manage all my leads in one place!

Cons

I would like more regular training on how to maximize the use of the software

Thanks Michael! We run regular Houzz Pro academies - please be on the lookout for invites from Houzz Pro.

Well worth the Money

They are very helpful from customer service to the website team. I am still learning the software. The tutorials are very helpful.

Pros

All of the features I love them all. They really keep me organize and being in contact with the lead at all times.

Cons

I don't like how pricing is set up for leads. It is very expensive. I haven't been able to afford that expense right now.

Leads lead to Job

Pros

Still learning the project management software

Cons

Measuring tool does not function well. Management tool has a learning curve in have no mastered.

Great for Interior Designers

Very happy

Pros

Industry-specific features make it a great solution for interior designers. Wonderful personalized support from the Houzz Team, is always appreciated.

Cons

The virtual site-measure tool needs improvement - not sure if the technology is there yet, but as is it requires that the measure options are on the same level - easy with empty spaces, hard when there are furniture pieces in the way. Can't wait for that tool to improve in the future!

Thank you for your review, Ewa. I'm very happy to hear Houzz Pro and your dedicated success manager have been great resources to you as an interior designer. If you'd be willing to connect with me, I would like to hear more of your feedback on our floor planner to take that input back to our product team. -Isaiah Brown, Houzz Pro Community Manager

Enjoying the Professionalism of Houze Pro!

Right now I'm pretty exhausted after working all day on several projects, but I will do my best with this. It seems that all the prospects I receive are wanting to do quite a bit of work, after being in their homes for all these months; but don't have the budget to do what they want, so even though I give a free consultation on the phone and answer all their questions. I really need some better...

Pros

I really like almost all of the features for Houzz Pro. I also really appreciate my dedicated account manager..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...He always tries to call back ASAP and is very upbeat and helpful!! Please keep the prospect description short. In my opinion it should always fill just ONE sheet so it can be copied and followed up on until we get results of some kind.. and the phone number should show with it. Sometimes when I click on it, the screen changes, and I have to go find the phone number by clicking on Leads and going through putting the name in just to get the phone number. It's hard to describe, but that's it has recently started tot be a problem.. Otherwise it is very easy to work with. Please keep it informative, but short.

Cons

Yes the REVIEW section could be improved. I have had several people have trouble in trying to give me a review, even though I have sent them a request for it from my end using their email address! Please make it easier for the client to leave a review. Second: I always send an email immediately after trying to call the lead. I NEVER have had a prospect say they received it! . there must be a fault in what Houzz puts as a Subject line, but they don't open it or receive it and reply to me. At that point, this is the ONLY way we can get in touch with some of them especially if the phone number is busy or incorrect. ! Please improve it and get it to the prospect right away. That would help a lot! What is happening here?

Great integration of portfolio, website, advertising

I have had a steady reliable account manager who regularly checks in with me to outline new features that were introduced, and even actually created the first version of our website which I subsequently tweaked a bit and personalized, but I was really impressed that she took the time to do this. This is definitely unique in the marketplace.

Pros

I like the integration between our Houzz profile content and creating a website from it. It allows me to keep a portfolio of our work that I can direct clients to along with the creation and management of our website which is hosted by Houzz. It provides a single portal for managing leads from people who choose us in general searches on Houzz such as what they call Houzz Project Match, to leads that...

Cons

I would love even more website creation tools but I also recognize that with more complexity, it might go beyond my capability to use these new tools.

Houzz Pro is a Solid Option

Pros

Love the ease of use - it's a very intuitive software on the whole. It has most everything we need from an proposal/invoicing/client database side. (We use it along with Basecamp, which is our project manager software). The reporting feature is nice, as well. Reasonably priced and wonderful customer support!

Cons

There are definitely some features that we feel are missing within this software. It would be nice to have a little more customization options when creating proposals/invoices with regards to adjusting line spacing, how large our company logo appears on the document, etc. You also cannot have an invoice with a negative amount (we don't have negative amounts too often, but every once in a while we need...

"Marketing, Production and Financial Tools that show promise for professionals"

We started the Houzz Pro subscription to update our professional profile, create a new website and give ourselves more exposure. All of these goals have been achieved and we feel our overall experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure. As a former creative director, I directed her with my vision to see through every detail of the profile, our projects and the website design/content.

Pros

Learning and using the Leads and Projects features/functions has been a good way to track jobs as long as you have a dedicated person managing it. Some of the other tools like mood boards and 3D tools have not been tested out yet, but seem like they would add value working with clients in the future.

Cons

1. The fact that you can't print out leads details has been a challenge and should be made available. Taking a screen capture to then print out is added time. 2. When scheduling project tasks, I would also like to print out the detail and hours for each task entered. This would help with sending out monthly invoices on jobs and tracking employee tasks. 3. Many times a lead comes in and we respond, but then Houzz Pro sends out an email to us to ask if we've followed up? 4. I found out from our accountant that QBonline does not integrate with QBdesktop. So, while we like the Estimate, Invoices and Change Order tools provided by Houzz Pro, we still need to have our bookkeeper "re-enter" these once a month into QBdesktop to keep track of everything. So this adds some extra time too.

Annette, thank you for your detailed feedback! We're constantly improving Houzz Pro, and input like yours is completely invaluable in that process. Should you ever run into any issues, please reach out to us at http://help.houzz.com. -The Houzz Pro Team

HOUZZ for Kitchen and Bath Professionals

The lead generation is appreciated but confusing. Too much calling, emailing, texting. I try to contact most leads but few return my calls or emails. Sometimes they are confused as to why I am calling. Some, I think, just tell HOUZZ something because they got too far into the query.

Pros

After almost 10 years with HOUZZ I feel the cost is worth it. We have a large metropolitan area we include in our advertising. The ability to show potential customers our projects is the number 1 reason we use it. Although many features have been added, the only other one we use is the lead generating aspect. It takes attention and time but we do get some good leads that turn into projects.

Cons

All of the added features are included in other software we already use such as DropBox , Quickbooks, and Asana. Starting over did not make sense for us. I have looked at some of the features but they appeared to take too much time to get started.

Hi, Jo, thank you for your review and for trusting Houzz for so long! We're happy to hear advertising and our leads have helped your business grow, but would love to show you how to get so much more out of some of our other features. We encourage you to connect with your client success manager so that we can show you all the capabilities available to you! Additionally, we really appreciate your feedback on how the lead system operates and we've communicated your concerns to our product team. -The Houzz Pro Team

All-In-One Sales Tool

Houzz Pro is not BuilderTrend or it's competitors, it's not meant to be. What it is, is a great tool for the boutique, niche or small custom contractors who work in intimate teams and/or one-on-one with their clients to deliver value on high quality projects. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], NOT a project manager for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

Pros

I've used EVERY big name software you can think of and although they were very detailed and very useful for the purpose they were designed for none of them were a simple and effective all-in-one tool. That's where Houzz Pro steps in! The Houzz Pro package consists of: a website that's set-up for you, initially, but super easy to modify yourself or by reaching out to your dedicated support staff,...

Cons

If you keep in context what the tool (is) and what it (isn't) then, I don't think there are any cons.

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Kevin! We're glad to hear Houzz Pro has become the one-stop for all your needs! -The Houzz Pro Team

Pearl Remodeling

We think Houzz Pro is rapidly evolving and we believe it can beat the level of service that Yelp or other local listings have to offer.

Pros

Our company likes the analytical information, lead generation information, and the profile settings given to us. The information we receive is valuable such as addresses, phone numbers, project information, and metrics we can use to create strategies for our company.

Cons

Although we do receive valuable information, we wish it was easier to download it into a pdf or an excel document. Additionally, we wish the layout of the incoming leads was organized a different way so we can easily see information quickly or sort leads by month, project types, and etc. We wish we could obtain emails of the leads we receive to build an email list. The ultimate dream would be for Houzz to connect to our CRM program Builder's Trend.

Hi, Gustavo, thanks for the detailed review and feedback! Houzz Pro itself has extensive CRM capabilities that meet a lot of the needs you're looking for! Your customer success manager can walk you through those capabilities, and we hope you'll agree they'll exceed your expectations. -The Houzz Pro Team

A review from an avid user

Offer 3D design now, invoice génération for purchases appear very professional, mood boards are easy to use and handy, my customer service manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent and knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. Tech support has not always been great at all but it has improved

Pros

Most impactful was the design software and mood boards and 3D option to show myself and clients. It was easy to on-board Houzz pro - Ivy is useful and reliable

Cons

The Houzz pro software design program is still buggy and missing key items such as stairs and a fireplace. Bugs need to be fixed as I have lost floor plans and needed to regain trust in the program. Would be great to be able to customize specific furniture pieces into program and also, if Houzz could be more Canadian friendly, it would go a long way towards improvement. The lead generation is not great so far. Need better quality and legitimate leads to justify what I pay. Most are not interested in any design service and just playing around with the program. They do not return my call when I follow up. I almost have stopped follow up as it takes time and is. It rewarded

Houzz Pro - Makes Running My Small Design Firm Easier!

I love working with my Houzz Associate! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the most helpful representative I've ever had since the early days of using Houzz. With the new changes that come through every month, he takes the time to help me take full advantage of my membership!

Pros

I love the image integration of Houzz Pro and the referral system improvements. I now have more specific client leads that are closer to who we remodel for. Houzz Ideabooks are our favorite tool, but we have also been early adopters of both Houzz and Ivy and their client proposal/invoicing program. I am looking forward to more developments of the merger of the two companies.

Cons

When Houzz makes a development change it isn't always for the good of the users. However, when I speak to my Houzz Associate directly, they will walk through my concern and take it back to tech support if something that I found critical changed and find a work around or have it come back.

Thank you for providing your feedback, Alisa. We've worked hard to make the transition from Ivy to Houzz Pro as seamless as possible, so it's certainly gratifying to hear it's gone well for you. In addition to talking with your Success Manager, should you ever have any feedback you want to share about new updates, please feel free to do so at http://help.houzz.com. -The Houzz Pro Team

Landscape Designer & Houzz Pro

My overall satisfaction would be a 9 out of 10 rating. As I mentioned in my previous message about the "cons," with Houzz Pro unable to provide a client app is why I am only rating this a 9 out of 10. Other than this I am extremely satisfied for now with Houzz Pro. I am really curious to find out if there is anything on the IT side in hopes of a new app development coming out any time soon.

Pros

I love that everything you need from start to finish for my projects are all stored through the Houzz Pro dashboard. It doesn't matter how large or small the scale of my projects, Houzz Pro seems to have everything I need in order to properly manage projects.

Cons

I do wish there was an app feature for my clients to use. The homeowners that trust me to take on their large projects are extremely busy people as well, as some are CEOs and CFOs to large companies. The larger projects require way more management which requires way more communication between myself and my client. These extremely busy homeowners would benefit from an app for them to log in and see their dashboard, messages, documents directly from their phone or tablet with just a hit of their finger. This is the largest request I am receiving from my clients and I agree with them, that a homeowner app for houzz pro would be crucial in leveling up my customer satisfaction which ultimately will increase my overall satisfaction with Houzz Pro.

Hi, Daniel, thank you for your review and recommendation! We actually do have a dashboard that your clients can access on mobile! As they use it, we would love to hear your and their feedback on how we can improve it. -The Houzz Pro Team

it is my back pocket power card.

I am still using it for leads, tracking, portfolio display, and reviews to build new business.

Pros

The analytics are very helpful to keep track of progress and what is showing as successful.

Cons

No scheduling component for projects and all the phases of present product, price product, order product, the product arrives/delivered/inspected. All helpful for the communication of the project and job site progress.

Hi, Donna, thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you've found our analytics empowering, and your thoughts on scheduling have been shared with our product team. I hope you choose to keep your power card long-term! If you'd be willing, I would love to connect with you directly to hear more about your experience with Houzz Pro. -Isaiah Brown, Houzz Pro Community Manager

Nested. Design + Build

I have enjoyed the new changes and the ease of the Houzz Pro app.

Pros

I enjoy the lead generation organization software. It is easy to use and track the progression. I also, use the idea books with clients and this is helpful in the beginning design and architectural phases while trying to capture their vision.

Cons

I haven't really run into anything yet that has created frustration or difficulty. I think it took some time to determine the right selections of services to get to our right client but after a few tweekings in price range and scope of what we do honed in the leads have been more productive.

Hi, Rebecca, thanks for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear you've enjoyed the transition from using Houzz to inspire clients to fully integrating it into your organization. Though you haven't run into any frustrations as of yet, if you do, please feel free to reach out anytime at http://help.houzz.com. -The Houzz Pro Team

Every day it seems to get better.

What did we do before we had this type of technology. they only bring us the type of work that meets our profile and then give us the tracking mechanism to insure we can mange the client interaction.

Pros

The software has a fairly significant learning curve for people like myself who have run their company mostly off of a combination of spreadsheets and contact list. I am finding that the program has so much depth and the more we get into it the more we realize that we need to go all in. Houzz has been so good to us on all the other platforms that we would be foolish not to take advantage of this. If you do not have reagional placement contacts in place with them you are not spending your advertising $'s very well.

Cons

The shear size of all that you can do in the program. As the combined reviews of our company round 12 M. Double of what it was just three years ago we realize that having everything in one place is the best strategy. But getting 30+ years worth of experience into a single program seems daunting. Would be great if they had on the ground tech staff you could hire to make the transition.

Why I love houzz

Awesome experience. Houzz has been nothing short of Amazing in assisting our company with whatever we need. So many ways to help our company looking it's best and current with the trends.

Pros

I enjoy the continuing upgrades and benefits Houzz has and continues to roll out as to the improvement and ease of using their site. I enjoy that we can store everything on one platform and it is clean, easy to use and helpful for more than we actually need it for. So many options yet to explore!

Cons

I have found that using the Houzz program has been easy to navigate and use. I understand that there are always changes being made to the program, sometimes it takes a minute to "re-find" where things have been re-assigned to (location on the screen/program). But with a little looking, nothing is too hard to find.

Hi, Andrew, thanks for the 10/10! Our team works hard to continually refine the Houzz Pro experience, so we really appreciate the support and recognition. That said, as we continue to improve, we'd love it if you'd continue to share your feedback and thoughts with us and your client success manager. -The Houzz Pro Team