All categories
Houzz Pro

Business management software for contractors and architects

visit website

Houzz Pro Reviews

Kathlen J.

Very well designed online platform that is reliable, fun, interactive, affordable and of high quality.

Ashley H.

Our customer service rep has been pretty excellent, which has probably been the best part.

adam J.

Cons

Being directly connected to a potential client by a computer on the phone, when they have no idea who you are or why your are calling at what is usually an inconvenient time for them.

Luther w.

I have had a few spam encounters recently and the # of leads I receive has dropped.

Mary S.

But the automatic responses are irritating as they continue to ask you to respond when that's already be done. The program doesn't follow through as you move through the process.

Linda C.

Outstanding Customer Support and Lead Generation

Transcript

Michael B.: Hi, I'm Mike, I'm a contractor. I give Houzz a five star rating. Click below for more reviews...

Best Software for Custom Home Builders/Architects/Designers....

Love it. I enjoy being a part of the development of what is actually needed for Pros... really feel heard. Love the new stuff that is coming up this fall. You are already working on ACH payments, POs, signatures on documents I upload, etc etc.... Really appreciate not having to manage ads on google, LOVE that it's the main part of marketing. I researched a lot of softwares prior to choosing Houzz, but you are coming out with things that allow me to use you guys exclusively. I also love supporting an Israeli company...

Pros

How much is included for the price! The Houzz team does so much on the back side to make my business find-able, and makes me look good in the customers eyes... as well as educate homeowners before I ever talk to them so that my job is easier. They also send me quality leads, vs sorting through mountains of leads to get to one that is ready to move forward.

Cons

I am not able to customize the business website myself... aka have my graphic designer customize it for content and SEO. The one thing that would be nice is to have a section in the CRM for contractors/sub contractors.

Good and Bad

6 / 10 However with some small adjustments and clearer information this could easily be 9/10 or 10/10

Pros

- It does generate leads - It is a good place to combine marketing and social media - The customer service is great

Cons

- A little deceptive in terms of how many builders are advertising in the same area, and leads are shared. - Not enough clarity on the algorithms / how advertising works

"Marketing, Production and Financial Tools that show promise for professionals"

We started the Houzz Pro subscription to update our professional profile, create a new website and give ourselves more exposure. All of these goals have been achieved and we feel our overall experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure. As a former creative director, I directed her with my vision to see through every detail of the profile, our projects and the website design/content.

Pros

Learning and using the Leads and Projects features/functions has been a good way to track jobs as long as you have a dedicated person managing it. Some of the other tools like mood boards and 3D tools have not been tested out yet, but seem like they would add value working with clients in the future.

Cons

1. The fact that you can't print out leads details has been a challenge and should be made available. Taking a screen capture to then print out is added time. 2. When scheduling project tasks, I would also like to print out the detail and hours for each task entered. This would help with sending out monthly invoices on jobs and tracking employee tasks. 3. Many times a lead comes in and we respond, but then Houzz Pro sends out an email to us to ask if we've followed up? 4. I found out from our accountant that QBonline does not integrate with QBdesktop. So, while we like the Estimate, Invoices and Change Order tools provided by Houzz Pro, we still need to have our bookkeeper "re-enter" these once a month into QBdesktop to keep track of everything. So this adds some extra time too.

Doesn't fit our current business model

Our purpose in using Houzz Pro was to bring in quality leads. That was the only function we desired to use it for, bringing us leads that fit our business model. Our hope was that Houzz Pro would filter out leads that weren't a good fit, and connect us with people who were a good fit. That's two separate objectives, and Houzz Pro isn't meeting either of those. Most of the leads we get are not looking to hire at all, or they aren't looking to hire a company like ours. They're looking to hire directly, not work with a general contractor.

Pros

Houzz Pro has a good look and is constantly updating it's capabilities.

Cons

Some of the newer features are more about Houzz doing something, than creating a product that connects quality leads with professionals. They make a lot of noise and do a lot of things, but no one really benefits. Concierge services, especially has been very unhelpful. Also, they way Houzz Pro redesigned it's format is not as user friendly for our objectives.

Hi Sarah- Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can improve your experience. Thank you, The Houzz Team

A huge boost to mazimize your chances of success in the industry.

Hands down they win a badge for best software. Houzz already has a great reputation in the industry. This sofware behaves likes no other. User-friendly and it connects you to real customers. There is still lots I have yet to learn. In between two clients I surf and develop my knowledge, so it can become my virtual assistant.

Pros

The intuitive side of it is undeniable. It is so convenient.

Cons

The lack of support. Sometimes when you just need a quick answer you cannot reach anyone at Houzz over the phone.

Houzz review

Marketing is the main issue that Houzz is helping with, just getting my firm's name out there and optimized on search engines, etc.

Pros

I like that it links my Houzz public page to my website making changes easier. I also feel that having good customer service help has been key.

Cons

I feel Houzz is still working out how to bring clients together with pros. So far the matching of client to pro without the client specific preference hasn't gone too well. I have noticed that many times these matches are actually spam or the potential client is not very interested in proceeding.

Great Platform to get organized

We started with it, but migrating the project management to another, more robust platform. We use it only for customer database and basic follow ups on the lead generation. It is a good platform for a starter company, with all the basic features needed for a complete workflow management.

Pros

- Lead generation & customer communications. - Estimating, basic pricing. - Scope change is good - Property details, based on the address

Cons

Budgeting - its very basic. Needs to be able to separated materials & labor costs on the totals. Integration with Quickbooks Email marketing - all the contacts are available in the system, but needs to be exported to another platform for follow-up

Important Product

We have considered Houzz Pro to be an important tool for communicating with our design clients.

Pros

Having a profile and using the project management tool for organizing our professional photography is easy to set up and maintain.

Cons

The room design and layout tool could be more user friendly but it still is a good solution for quick renderings.

Awesome software!

Amazing so far!

Pros

Using Houzz Pro has really changed how I create my estimates, how I manage my timelines with team members. The website feature was really my game changer. Having an online presence has really increased the amount of clients that call and request an estimate on their project from me. Showcasing my client reviews really makes sure you go that extra mile for your clients.

Cons

So far so good! I needed extra tutorials but that's part of the learning curve with new software and a not so tech savvy customer.

Great source for inspiration & finding the right expert for your remodeling project

Pros

It's a robust tool and fairly easy to manage incoming leads

Cons

still needs work with how it's sending the email notifications, there's a HUGE glitch where it sends the users to a different domain name, and despite the fact I pointed it out to them several times they still haven't fixed it.

Enjoying the Professionalism of Houze Pro!

Right now I'm pretty exhausted after working all day on several projects, but I will do my best with this. It seems that all the prospects I receive are wanting to do quite a bit of work, after being in their homes for all these months; but don't have the budget to do what they want, so even though I give a free consultation on the phone and answer all their questions. I really need some better...

Pros

I really like almost all of the features for Houzz Pro. I also really appreciate my dedicated account manager..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...He always tries to call back ASAP and is very upbeat and helpful!! Please keep the prospect description short. In my opinion it should always fill just ONE sheet so it can be copied and followed up on until we get results of some kind.. and the phone number should show with it. Sometimes when I click on it, the screen changes, and I have to go find the phone number by clicking on Leads and going through putting the name in just to get the phone number. It's hard to describe, but that's it has recently started tot be a problem.. Otherwise it is very easy to work with. Please keep it informative, but short.

Cons

Yes the REVIEW section could be improved. I have had several people have trouble in trying to give me a review, even though I have sent them a request for it from my end using their email address! Please make it easier for the client to leave a review. Second: I always send an email immediately after trying to call the lead. I NEVER have had a prospect say they received it! . there must be a fault in what Houzz puts as a Subject line, but they don't open it or receive it and reply to me. At that point, this is the ONLY way we can get in touch with some of them especially if the phone number is busy or incorrect. ! Please improve it and get it to the prospect right away. That would help a lot! What is happening here?

Great integration of portfolio, website, advertising

I have had a steady reliable account manager who regularly checks in with me to outline new features that were introduced, and even actually created the first version of our website which I subsequently tweaked a bit and personalized, but I was really impressed that she took the time to do this. This is definitely unique in the marketplace.

Pros

I like the integration between our Houzz profile content and creating a website from it. It allows me to keep a portfolio of our work that I can direct clients to along with the creation and management of our website which is hosted by Houzz. It provides a single portal for managing leads from people who choose us in general searches on Houzz such as what they call Houzz Project Match, to leads that...

Cons

I would love even more website creation tools but I also recognize that with more complexity, it might go beyond my capability to use these new tools.

Houzz Pro is a Solid Option

Pros

Love the ease of use - it's a very intuitive software on the whole. It has most everything we need from an proposal/invoicing/client database side. (We use it along with Basecamp, which is our project manager software). The reporting feature is nice, as well. Reasonably priced and wonderful customer support!

Cons

There are definitely some features that we feel are missing within this software. It would be nice to have a little more customization options when creating proposals/invoices with regards to adjusting line spacing, how large our company logo appears on the document, etc. You also cannot have an invoice with a negative amount (we don't have negative amounts too often, but every once in a while we need...

A review from an avid user

Offer 3D design now, invoice génération for purchases appear very professional, mood boards are easy to use and handy, my customer service manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent and knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. Tech support has not always been great at all but it has improved

Pros

Most impactful was the design software and mood boards and 3D option to show myself and clients. It was easy to on-board Houzz pro - Ivy is useful and reliable

Cons

The Houzz pro software design program is still buggy and missing key items such as stairs and a fireplace. Bugs need to be fixed as I have lost floor plans and needed to regain trust in the program. Would be great to be able to customize specific furniture pieces into program and also, if Houzz could be more Canadian friendly, it would go a long way towards improvement. The lead generation is not great so far. Need better quality and legitimate leads to justify what I pay. Most are not interested in any design service and just playing around with the program. They do not return my call when I follow up. I almost have stopped follow up as it takes time and is. It rewarded

Pearl Remodeling

We think Houzz Pro is rapidly evolving and we believe it can beat the level of service that Yelp or other local listings have to offer.

Pros

Our company likes the analytical information, lead generation information, and the profile settings given to us. The information we receive is valuable such as addresses, phone numbers, project information, and metrics we can use to create strategies for our company.

Cons

Although we do receive valuable information, we wish it was easier to download it into a pdf or an excel document. Additionally, we wish the layout of the incoming leads was organized a different way so we can easily see information quickly or sort leads by month, project types, and etc. We wish we could obtain emails of the leads we receive to build an email list. The ultimate dream would be for Houzz to connect to our CRM program Builder's Trend.

Every day it seems to get better.

What did we do before we had this type of technology. they only bring us the type of work that meets our profile and then give us the tracking mechanism to insure we can mange the client interaction.

Pros

The software has a fairly significant learning curve for people like myself who have run their company mostly off of a combination of spreadsheets and contact list. I am finding that the program has so much depth and the more we get into it the more we realize that we need to go all in. Houzz has been so good to us on all the other platforms that we would be foolish not to take advantage of this. If you do not have reagional placement contacts in place with them you are not spending your advertising $'s very well.

Cons

The shear size of all that you can do in the program. As the combined reviews of our company round 12 M. Double of what it was just three years ago we realize that having everything in one place is the best strategy. But getting 30+ years worth of experience into a single program seems daunting. Would be great if they had on the ground tech staff you could hire to make the transition.

Houzz Pro - Makes Running My Small Design Firm Easier!

I love working with my Houzz Associate! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the most helpful representative I've ever had since the early days of using Houzz. With the new changes that come through every month, he takes the time to help me take full advantage of my membership!

Pros

I love the image integration of Houzz Pro and the referral system improvements. I now have more specific client leads that are closer to who we remodel for. Houzz Ideabooks are our favorite tool, but we have also been early adopters of both Houzz and Ivy and their client proposal/invoicing program. I am looking forward to more developments of the merger of the two companies.

Cons

When Houzz makes a development change it isn't always for the good of the users. However, when I speak to my Houzz Associate directly, they will walk through my concern and take it back to tech support if something that I found critical changed and find a work around or have it come back.

Premier customer service

Overall, our experience improved once [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] became our client success manager and walked us through the new features. I would say only one lead has turned into a completed project so we are still evaluating if the cost is worth it; however we are committing to utilizing more of its features and improving our page to offer a fair evaluation.

Pros

First, our current Client Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is extremely helpful and has helped us to utilize more features of Houzz Pro that we weren't taking advantage of before. He answers questions quickly and has taken the time to have several meetings to improve our experience. Also, the new lead tracking feature has really improved our experience with Houzz Pro because we can now track all our Houzz leads alongside with word of mouth and leads from other sources side-by-side, making it much easier to follow-up!

Cons

It took quite a bit of set-up time and a few client success managers for us to get the full picture of the software and how it can help promote our business, but once all the initial work is set up, it is easy to use. One thing I dislike is when I am creating a gallery, I have to input same project information and tags on every single picture. It would be helpful to have an autopopulate feature so if there are, for example, multiple pictures of a kitchen, the same information about finishes can be applied to all photos.

Houzz

The business problems that have been solved by Houzz have been making my business visible and boosting it with reviews, and the SEO of my website. In the past I have used individuals to manage my website and SEO at great expense and with minimal effect, and have tried to use a variety of ways to make my business visible. Houzz has taken care of all of this,

Pros

The most important feature on Houzz for me is the quality of their customer service reps. Over the years I have had several, some are more attentive than others. My current rep is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he is wonderful. He calls on a regular basis and always answers my questions in a timely manner. This is important because I sometimes get stuck on the technical aspects of Houzz. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always explains what is going on and how I should use the technology to boost my business. The other terrific aspect of Houzz is that it manages my website and SEO. This has been invaluable.

Cons

The hardest thing for me is that the technology sometimes gets ahead of me.

Product Review

We do not use HOUZZ to solve business problems, but HOUZZ Pro has made business expand into areas that are outside of our referral zone. The insights and communication are great tools. Our client success manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is phenomenal. She reaches out and follows up continuously and is very responsive to any questions that we have in a very prompt and professional manner. Very pleased with her!

Pros

We believe that a photo tells a story and images say a thousand words. The HOUZZ Pro lead generation feature has worked very well in reaching outside of our referral zone expanding that organic reach. The ease of use of the product is certainly there and integration with the business model was easy. The client success manager that we are assigned is amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been extremely helpful and responsive.

Cons

Not really much to dislike about HOUZZ. We used to use Pinterest and now haven't opened that program in a couple of years since transitioning to HOUZZ Pro...we really use HOUZZ to promote more than we do FaceBook or Instagram.

Lots of features, not quite mature

--positive overall. Having periodic check-ins with relationship manager has been great. --looking forward to seeing how these applications mature over time.

Pros

--a great array of tools ranging from CRM to analytics to design tools

Cons

--CRM not as full featured on mobile, for example email templates on desktop are not available on mobile --Analytics are great for seeing MoM comparisons with our own numbers, but would be nice to see how we are doing against our competition as well (city, region, state, national) in order to measure true effectiveness --design tools are a bit buggy, for example living room furniture doesn't seem to load properly in floor planning tool and no apparent way to import an existing floor plan CAD file to save on re-drafting time. Feels very much like this is a beta tool, but has interesting possibilities especially for furniture specification.

If Only I Could Give 10 Stars

My experience with Houzz has been exceptional. I recommend it to all of my colleagues. The staff is top notch and always willing to help. Part of the reason Houzz has dominated over their competitors is because they listen to their client’s needs and adjust rather than expecting the client to conform. Houzz is constantly evolving and is always finding ways of running your business easier. Our Client Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been with me every step of the way. With suggestions and ideas that have taken our business to the next level.

Pros

Houzz is super easy to use and you can modify any project or layout. Now that they have added video it gives them even more of an edge. I love all of the features and the fact that you can create content within Houzz is amazing. I can't say enough about Houzz

Cons

It is highly customizable and can be tedious, but worth the investment. Especially if you are going after high end clients.

From a small business view point

Pros

For myself being a small business it is the exposure that Houzz and Houzz Pro affords me. I see other large firms advertising and Houzz allows me to compete on a level playing field with them. Houzz Pro allows me to manage inquires, projects follow , sending proposal and contract and set my schedules for projects. All of which I can accomplish in one place. I can share ideas and images with my clients,...

Cons

I will need to get back to you on this question. I do not know of any cons at this point two years in to using the platform.

Centralizing our systems

I am still new to houzz pro as I was one of the original ivy uses before it grew into a larger program. We are still learning all the new features and had no idea there really was so much here!

Pros

The invoicing tool is hands down the most utilized because our clients NEED pictures, truly. One might think they ordered a bronze faucet and forget they changed and approved a matte black one-this happens alot with clients as they have alot of changes in their home, or they are moving, etc. The clarity we offer this way is a huge help to clients as they are on the go and might not have all of the boards/files we gave them. They can pull up their dashboard on their phone, or their ipad.

Cons

We do not sync with quickbooks as we actually found it faster for us not to integrate. Appreciate having the option to choose, though.

Best Marketing Partner

Great. I can easily have mtgs with my customer support person. I get immediate leads.

Pros

Posting testimonials from my Clients. Being able to post pix from my completed projects. Posting pix of their projects as part of my "thanks for the review" section - but I have to do that at the same time I reply. Using videos albeit I don't use that feature enough.

Cons

The fill in the blank design elements per page in a project are not detailed enough The fact that I can't easily print out the lead inquiry with the phone # I have to print it out, and then hand type the phone # Not being able to add project pix to a review...AFTER I had replied with just text. Usually I don't have pro shots ready when someone writes up a review BUT I ALWAYS reply to them via Houzz on the review page thanking them for reviewing me.