Close Reviews

4.74/5 (117 reviews)

Highly Recommend It

Reviewed 2016-03-31

I can tell you that I have used over 20 different CRM systems over the past 10 years. We do a tone of cold calling and we need to just blaze through calls fast and I never could find CRM that allowed us to do this. I was so frustrated that I needed up even creating our own CRM just to do this very thing. I can’t tell you how much money I spent in development of our CRM to make a product that blazes through calls fast. We used that for about a year or two then I stumbled on because our in-house custom CRM was having problems and we didn't have the resources to fix it so I figured I would try again. I cannot tell you how incredibly excited I am about how amazing Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead. truly is. This CRM is unlike any product on the market it is exactly what we wanted our in-house product to be and more. It’s so awesome we scrapped our in house product and started exclusively using Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead.. You do not truly have an appreciation for “next gen” this thing really is, there is literally nothing like it on the market and honestly I’m a bit shocked no one seems to get the amazing this thing is. This is a pure sales communication tool that cuts out all the BS of a CRM and is a real actual tool that a sales person can use to increase their sales and not just some data collection thing that salespeople are forced to you. If you actually give a go and start using it you’ll never want to use anything else if you do cold calling. The thing seamlessly interfaces all your calls AND even all your emails! You no longer need to be jumping in and out of outlook, you don’t need to check your outlook or Gmail calendar, and you don’t need to do anything except pull up the Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead. and do the stuff in your inbox and make money. It pulls in not only your tasks, and follow up meetings but it also syncs your emails and voicemail sand phone calls. It takes every single bit of communication you do and puts it in one quick “to do list” automatically with ZERO data entry. It’s blazing fast and it just works. The voicemail drop thing is really dope, I can’t tell you how many times a day I find myself having to leave voice mails for people, they have this thing that you hit a button and it automatically leaves a voicemail so you can go to the next call, just amazing in terms of productivity. There are too many to list – If you do cold calls this is a no brainier, you need to buy it today! It support The best apps. Better together. as well which means it hooks into hundreds of other marketing tools also. Their support is second to none, these guys seems to be hustling hard with support, product development and just providing a kick ass experience for their customers. I recommend this product.

Joshua Francia Torres

It's like magic

Reviewed 2015-03-17

We have a startup focused in ticket sales for events in Mexico. We were looking for in-depth data of our salesmen and to make easier for them to keep track of their clients by client type. We used a CRM (highrise), but the data it gave us was no longer enough to know more about whether the size and type of clients - and opportunities - our sales team were generating was the right kind given our current strategy. We initially requested a trial by importing a subset of random data of our former CRM but we felt this was not useful, because not all of those imported leads were relevant to us at the moment. When support from close.io gave us the option to extend our trial period, we deleted all of the previous leads and instead started adding new leads into the platform. That's when we notice the main strong point of close.io: by adding our first lead's email, within seconds we had a full history of each email we exchanged in the past. The desktop app works like a charm. Also, when you have a small sales team like ours, it's great to add a lead and check if one of your teammates already make a contact. Finally, it's amazing how easy is to categorize leads, we even use it to keep track of investors, allies and competitors. The call feature is also a huge breath of fresh air into a follow-up process. The fact you can make calls straight from the app, that those calls get recorded and also get tracked into a lead's history ensures automatic track of almost every kind of interaction with a lead. In our case, although we tried it and it worked great, we won't make use of it because our small office space forces us to do calls by getting outside the office, and given our internet connection is not that solid we will keep making calls the way we are right now and evaluate a full switch later. In a few words: if you have a small sales team and you want to make them doing more closing and less data insertion into follow-up tools, consider switching to close.ioThe email auto-tracking is by far the the tool of close.io. The fact you can create a lead and it automatically brings all of the history of emails you exchanged with them gives a lot more insight and visibility into salesman follow-up performance. Also, the call feature; if you have a strong internet connection, and especially if you're a startup and your salespeople is constantly on the run. Support also responds very quickly to feedback, which made a lot easier the switch from our former CRM.

Anna Krueger

Close.io for therapists, tutors and coaches

Reviewed 2015-10-14

I have been looking at various CRM's for my private practice. I provide online therapy for speech, language and learning. Close.io impressed me with its rich features and customizations. I loved the fact that Close.io works perfectly for one person. So many of the other CRMs are for sales teams. Everything functioned flawlessly on the first try. I was able to set it up to use my domain name email. I imported all my contacts from Gmail. I could add customizations that would make it easy to keep track of my clients. The search function knocked my socks off! I couldn't remember the name of a certain funding agency. Just by entering the client's name, it gave me the funding agency. Close.io was created for people trying to make an initial sale. I keep my clients three or four years and they often need a break from therapy for a few months. It was easy for me to give clients a status, such as "paused" or "completed goals". I was able to collect leads from my Wordpress website using Planso Forms. These create a new lead in Close.io. The options to add a phone line and bulk email surprised me. I haven't seen this in any other CRMs. I can create email templates and send out messages to groups of people using my domain name email. The messages are plain text, which is just right for smart phones. I tried out the phone function on my computer. I have been using Magic Jack, and getting complaints from clients about MJ. The Close.io phone line is from Twilio and is much clearer. By installing the app on my phone, I can have a second phone number on my cell and I don't have to give clients my personal number.

Varun Kumar

The best CRM for the sales team to do the cold calling at an ease.

Reviewed 2018-09-21

We use pipedrive for email marketing and Close.io for cold calling. Our system works like this. Our marketing team use pipedrive to send out email to possible leads and follow up with them and when it results in a successful response from the prospect the sales team collects the phone numbers. Then these prospects with phone numbers have been downloaded to csv and transferred to Close.io CRM for sales team. Then they do all the cold calling with in Close.io CRM. Our department also have access to this CRM to make support calls later on. We can say our sales team's productivity has increased a lot after implementing this CRM. They do not need to manually do the sorting and recording of calls made and everything can be done in settings just one time.

Best CRM for managing relationships

Reviewed 2016-04-24

Love how simple Close.IO is. There's one list of contacts , and then an infinite ways of segmenting the data after that in powerful ways. It's a very powerful concept, and they do it in a way that makes it super easy to manage lists of leads/clients/whatever, and to help make sure you're on top of it. They do this, however, in my opinion, by sacrificing features available in other top CRMs, some that seem like they should just be there. For us it has been worthwhile nonetheless.By far the easiest and most intuitive way to manage relationships that I've come across. If it's a big struggle for you to have a bunch of lists of leads, and with your limited time you struggle to stay on top of each and every one of them, then Close.IO is awesome. It has helped us make sure none fall through the cracks, and does that in a way where I don't have to think about it. It just lets me know. Integration through Zapier also brings it to another level of automating workflows.

Not a CRM

Reviewed 2019-02-14

In the end it's very expensive for a bulk lead calling tool. This is a great tool if you are just bulk burning through new biz leads and have a fast sales cycle. the calling through Close.io is great, call recording great, ability to create custom lists for lead calling also great

Dean Park

Great CRM for Early Stage Companies

Reviewed 2016-11-03

For an early stage company I think Close.io has everything you'll possibly need. The higher tier plans also let you forgo a phone system in your office to make it even more cost effective. Overall the system is very easy to use and the visual layout of the platform is very nice. And really most of the basic things you'd need out of a CRM are all there. My only qualm with this system is that there are minor annoyances like not being able to unmerge leads in the event you accidentally might have done so. And overall contact management could be slightly improved but it's not enough to ruin the experience in my opinion. I really like the ease of use and graphical interface. I also love that I'm able to dial straight from the platform and the templating system is fairly easy to use as well.

Jordan Levy

Rigid structure means only certain sales processes fit (adaptations to all processes are necessary to use effectively)

Reviewed 2016-09-28

Overall, Close.io is a B2B CRM where each client has only a few main contacts and they all go through a specific, well-defined process, regardless of whether or not the deal is closed. It's a very expensive platform, especially if you want calling features, so keep that in mind. My two cents: you should assess how well Close.io meets your needs before deciding that this is the right CRM (vs. a different CRM or a custom CRM if you're at higher volumes). Once you decide that it's worth exploring, my recommendation is to figure out how much you'll be paying in annual costs vs. a custom CRM implementation. Close.io pretty much won't prioritize features for you, so if you need anything custom done, I recommend going somewhere else.- Easy to get started - Easy to import leads - Easy to keep track of how everyone at your organization is interacting with the client - Pretty simple, but effective reporting

Nick Persico

A modern sales platform optimized for outreach

Reviewed 2015-03-09

While Close.io is a CRM by definition, I consider it more of a sales platform. I consider it as a platform because of it's flexible and rich API that allows you to customize any component. Close.io is a fantastic tool that teams should use for interacting with their customers. With built-in call and email integration, Close.io is designed for salesperson outreach. It eliminates unnecessary data entry, and is the perfect companion for any sales team using the "Predictable Revenue" (A book by Aaron Ross) approach to sales. All activity (calls, emails, lead status changes) is automatically tracked, leaving the sales rep to just write contextual notes for each activity. The automatic tracking of activity leads sales managers to easily determine how much activity yields certain sales results. Those answers are the holy grail when it comes to building a scalable sales process.- Built-in call and email integration. - Flexible and powerful API w/ great documentation. - Dynamic lead lists (called "Smart Views") powered through search. - Native Mac and WIndows apps. - Responsive support team. - Custom fields

James Timberlake

Best CRM I've had the pleasure of using

Reviewed 2015-03-10

Close.io has been a huge help to our small B2B sales department. Before close.io we were using multiple programs to email, call, track, notate, and manage customers. It was a mess!!! Now we can do everything within the app itself. No more transferring information from one source to the other. The features that helped us the most: -real-time integration with gmail. We send and receive all our email through the app. Besides being more convenient it also keeps all correspondence logged in an easy to reference way. -recorded calls - all calls and voice-mails are automatically listed right along with notes and emails. This is incredibly useful with longer sales cycles. We are able to go back and actually hear what the customer said on the call two months ago. So much better than just notes, especially if there is every a disagreement. - Support is amazing. Always very responsive and timely and walked us through our limited implementation issues, (see below). Additionally, they are always improving the app, so about the time I suggest an option I'd like to see it is already slated to be rolled out.

Close.io Review

Reviewed 2018-08-07

I like that you are able to track all forms of communication with a potential business. You can crack phone calls, notes, text messages all in the order that you had the conversation with your business. I also like that you are allowed to send text messages to business if they are hard to get a hold of via phone call.

JASON MARSDALE

The future looks bright with Close.IO

Reviewed 2016-02-12

I have used Close.IO at my past company and this is the only CRM that I can endorse. When I told my team that I was going to update the current CRM tool I was met with a lot of questions and concerns. After showing the video on the Close.IO site and taking questions for about 20 mins my team was buying into the idea of changing over. I was also able to prove to them that there would be a minimum of an hour that each of them would save a day, so that peaked their interest. Then as we ramped up for the change the nervousness kicked in again, so I made sure to stage the rollout in an effort to handle all questions in a controlled manner and prepare for more users. The employees were blown away by the ease of use! And I was impressed at just how smooth it all went. Being a tech guy my learning curve is quick, but from employees in their 20's-50's we had a hugely successful transition into Close.IO. While my team is still early in the game, about 3 weeks into Close, we are seeing AMAZING results. One of my sales guys is up 50% in his personal sales! Others are up 10-20%. My entire team has said that they cannot wait to see what the future holds as we are continuing to find more ways to improve our process. Close.IO has convinced my team that it is the choice CRM tool.Automation and their inbox is a huge pro. Their search feature is arguably the best anyone could ask for. We are still discovering search tricks. GREAT ROI! A great help page on the Close.IO site for finding suggestions and troubleshooting.

Jordan Thomas

Great Sales Tracking Management

Reviewed 2018-12-14

Close.io is great for tracking leads and customer bases and the communication timeline as well.My favorite thing about Close.io is the ability to add custom fields that help with reporting and overall ease of use. Also being able to call directly from the software and have the calls recorded and task creations are very simple.

Samantha Latting, MBA

Works as promised

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Close has been great and their customer support is really awesome. Close is an easy way to keep track of leads and customers alike. We can set tasks, see who is calling, and have visibility to communication the client has had with other people in the company.

A must-have for sales

Reviewed 2018-03-18

As a huge fan, I have nothing but great things to say. Some of the biggest wins: -Fast interface -Robust and extremely powerful search tools -Syncs with gmail (IMAP) perfectly. -Ability to set custom SMTP servers for outbound email, while maintaining sync for inbound. -Excellent support team -Custom variables for leads. Allows sales team to get additional key insights -Tasks manager and assignment

Great for Team Alignment

Reviewed 2016-11-02

We're not the "target market" for most of the sales management solutions out there. We just needed something that could let us keep track of key accounts easily, give us a snapshot, and keep everyone on the same page..... and specifically me as a CEO to be able to bullshit check what the sales people are saying is the status of accounts (because now I can read all the emails and notes related to the account). Priceless. We liked it so much, that we started another "organization" to keep track of our Series A fundraising... so we know where every investor is in the process, who has gotten what info, etc.Flexible - easily tweaked Not overkill

Martin Alvemo

Has worked really well

Reviewed 2016-01-27

We run an online insurance comparison site in Colombia. We generate leads through our website that we have to close by phone and mail. A sales cycle is in average for around 20 days. Our requirements were: 1. Scalable (Apt for Small and Medium Businesses) 2. B2C focus 3. Lead integration 4. Mail integration 5. Phone integration (including possibility to store calls) 6. Easy to use 7. Reminders 8. Spanish would be a plus 9. Good and fast ROI I studied 36 different options before making my choice and I demoed 6. My finalists were Pipedrive and Close.io. But I found Close.io being the better one. It's really fast and easy to use and very easy to adapt as we want. So far I'm very happy. The only things so far is that it's a little bit complicated to get a Colombian phone number but that's not Close.io's fault. It's because of the carriers here. The other was the Spanish but it wasn't sch a big problem since you can name many things yourself. It excelled in everything else. It also seems to be easy to export the day we decide to swith to another platform (if we do).Fast and easy to set up. Great customer service. Transparent costs.

Bronne Bruzgo

Organizing your Smartviews is way too complicated

Reviewed 2018-12-04
Review Source: Software Advice

You guys need a way to quickly and easily have average people without any training just say, 'hmm.. I'd like to see all my leads who are X & Y, but not Z.' Right now, again, without being trained, there's no way to pick it up and just work.If you have someone who is a close-expert, they can help you. But if you lose that person in your office, forget it.

Josh Crews

Turns you into a selling machine

Reviewed 2018-10-18

Once you catch the vision for Close.io, it doubles your productivity in sales.Close.io shines in two ways-- no data entry and the follow up system. No data entry means that it's reading your emails and syncing the CRM with the activity. You can also call through their phone number and it logs your phone calls to the CRM. Follow up system. Following up until you get a No is key to sales success. Close.io builds this in to the CRM so that you see who to follow up everyday and can jus work down the list.

Anonymous

Great simple CRM that we actually use

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Close integrates all of our customer communication into one place to make it really easy to use. Because it integrates with calling and email, most communication gets automatically logged so there isn't that annoying extra step. And because we're already in it while interacting with customers, adding notes is natural. The result is a CRM system that is up to date and gets used.

Yevgeniy Shpika

Great solution for medium sales teams

Reviewed 2018-06-14

We've used close.io for a few years for our sales team. It has nearly any feature that you'll need. It has incredibly good system for follow ups and sales tracking.

Shaun Liu

One of the best CRMs

Reviewed 2018-01-11
Review Source: Software Advice

One of the best crms I have ever used It pretty much has every feature built into it. Very simple to use and easy to look at. Very fast and boots quick

Justin Gold

Excellent - Would recommend to anyone building a sales team

Reviewed 2015-03-09

I have tried out a handful of CRMs, and they all have their pros and cons. I've found Close.io to be the best and most flexible CRM for our growing sales team (It has grown with us as our sales team tripled in size). There are two things I particularly love: The first is the timeline / history of interaction with a customer. It makes it super easy to quickly get caught up on a relationship with a client before talking to them. When trying to close a deal or when a customer has a problem, this has been invaluable. We have also connected Close.io to our support ticketing system, so I can track all communication (even non sales) that a customer has with our company which is a big help. The second thing I really like is the one touch call / email. It makes it extremely easy to communicate with the customers and saves me time. Although to be fair, there is also room for improvement. It is a little bit challenging to manage your emails completely from Poll Everywhere as it's hard to track all inbound emails. I also wish they would improve the way they organize their email templates. After you have a few sales reps each with their own templates, the list can grow very quickly. Overall, the pros far outweigh the cons and I would definitely recommend Close.io to anyone looking for a CRM. History of interaction with customer, one touch communication, live help chat

Robert Aspell

Close.io treated me well

Reviewed 2017-11-07

Super simple for making phone calls and sending emails. Easy workflows for inside sales reps, you can make a lot of calls quickly.

Kyle Stremme 🦄

No Fluff

Reviewed 2016-06-06

If you don't have a super complicated sales cycle this is perfect. Great out of the box solution for any start up and small business. This is versatile enough to rock for SaaS start ups just starting out looking for customer feedback and product market fit or easily scaled to manage a small powerful team to start scaling. Easy to use, easy to build "smart views" (no complicated list building) to knock out activities in batches so you can be hyper efficient. You don't have to overthink the perfect stack of SaaS Sales empowerment tools and can move forward with call recordings, cadences, and pre built reporting.