Close Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.82/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I like the cost above all else. We used a more expensive CRM for a while and were thrilled to find out about Close.io and its low price in comparison.
Excellent support, great founders, great desktop app for Mac, and very easy to use plus onboard team members with.
The only negative thing I have to say is that close.io does not work really well with HTML emails.
It's missing some features that other CRMs have, especially for the price.

Close users...

HubSpot Sales Hub-logocaret

HubSpot Sales Hub

Mailshake-logocaret

Mailshake

How would you rate Close?

Akshay R.

Product Manager

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Beginner CRM Tool

Transcript

Akshay R.: My name is Akshay. I'm a tech CEO in the SAS industry, and I'd give Close.io a five out of...

Close is the best way to track leads through the sales process

Transcript

Rod T.: Hi, my name is Rod. I'm a financial advisor and I would give Close a four out of five review....

Allrounder CRM tool

It was a very good tool, I used Salesforce earlier and Close was much comprehensive in features.

Pros

Close integrates with other tools such as Zoom and Calendly and picks up leads from there when a meeting is booked. I can trace all the way for the interactions with the contacts. It has email templates which are very handy for quick replying.

Cons

VOIP was a pain, call quality used to drop and lot of times it did not connect.

A great solution once you get it organized

Pros

I love the Smart Views which allow custom filtering and sorting of leads. This helps me quickly review different types of leads based on lead score, when I talked to them last, and when I need to follow up with them again.

Cons

I wish basic text formatting was built into the note taking (especially bullet points). I understand with not going crazy with a WYSIWYG, but some simple formatting options would help for quicker note taking.

Paltry Notifications in Messages

Great experience generally, just hate when I'm really into a task and then I forget about checking close all to open it up to 3 message and 6 emails.

Pros

Lays everything out in a way that is simple, functional, and very user friendly. Most things make sense at first glance without much of a learning curve.

Cons

Notification system is genuinely trash. If I have the software on my laptop, there should be some way their API talks with MacOS notifications API, I think someone just has to build the connection.

Most your organization will ask, "why aren't we using Salesforce?"

Skip it.

Pros

Great if you have the patience and developments resources to help you customize everything. API is good, but for most non-enterprise organizations, who has time to be messing with APIs? Built in VoIP is a nice feature, but do your math and make sure the price is worth it.

Cons

- Searching for data is near impossible. Can't filter for anything logically without getting into "raw queries," so you better be half an engineer if you want to search for anything. - Reporting is a joke. The reporting tools might as well not exist. Be prepared to ask developers to leverage the API and sync into some other tool. - No matter what they may sell you, it's a CRM best used with small sales teams. It's not for account management or companies that expect anyone without an engineering degree to figure out how to analyze the data inside of it.

Phone Heavy Sales Team's Dream

It is everything we need except dashboards. If your are an outbound or phone heavy sales ord

Pros

no fluff. there are not 3 different places to log contacts/opps/accounts/leads it is all on one page. It is simple yet surprisingly powerful. Every one of my reps added can't get over how easy and fluid it makes their life.

Cons

Dashboards are non existent. You will need to be comfortable with exporting/using zapier/or a few support partners to push your data into a visual appealing place

Close.com Can Make Your Business Run Efficiently and Problem Free

We had another CRM system that was a lot more expensive and not very easy to use. Close.com is just a pure pleasure to work with and the entire team here is thrilled with it.

Pros

Platform is very easy to use and all employees just loved it the minute they tried it out. We all wonder why we didn't get this sooner. Close.com is also fun to use and everything is at your fingertips. Program works fast and makes the customer ticket system very efficient.

Cons

No cons at all. I mean it. This program Rocks:)

Close is the best way to track leads through the sales process

I like Close and will continue to use it because it works for me. I can enter a new lead and immediately start a communication track via email and text and Close keeps it all in an easy to follow format.

Pros

Close is really easy to get up and running and is simple to work with.

Cons

The cost to go from the base plan to the next level that has several more features is a lot.

Best CRM tool for businesses

Overall experience is very satisfying, this is helping me in making my every day job easier.

Pros

Close is a super handy CRM tool that offers a lot of unique and functional features to make customer relationship management easier. For email management in particular, this offers easy template to put; as well as the scheduling of emails. Reporting and analytics are also too notch with lot of customizable fields.

Cons

It’s VOIP function needs improvement, call quality drops often.

Good CRM but could improve reports and analytics.

Pretty good and solid to help increase sales with some insteresting features and good interface and friendly, could be better in reports!

Pros

Its pretty good to follow up, increase sales (productivity), email or chat are pretty solid tools to development a good business relationship.

Cons

Must improve reports/analytics tool, It is only focused on sales and not all KPI's are well reported or break and working hours record.

Close makes my job of managing leads easier

Close has been a great help for my work management and reaching out to the clients and Vendors.

Pros

From email tracking to VOIP and customer touchpoints, Close is a comprehensive tool to manage large number of contacts. I can get hold of data for easier management and analytics purposes. Close offers a lot of customization too.

Cons

I have faced some issues in integrating Close with other lead generation tools. Other than that it’s a great tool.

Highly Recommend It

I can tell you that I have used over 20 different CRM systems over the past 10 years. We do a tone of cold calling and we need to just blaze through calls fast and I never could find CRM that allowed us to do this. I was so frustrated that I needed up even creating our own CRM just to do this very thing. I can’t tell you how much money I spent in development of our CRM to make a product that blazes...

Pros

There are too many to list – If you do cold calls this is a no brainier, you need to buy it today! It support The best apps. Better together. as well which means it hooks into hundreds of other marketing tools also. Their support is second to none, these guys seems to be hustling hard with support, product development and just providing a kick ass experience for their customers. I recommend this product.

Cons

This thing is EXPENSIVE.. but the truth is you get what you pay for and you geta lot. Your paying for the best and it has a price tag which clearly says it’s the best because it’s more than double the cost of other competitive products. The downside is though I have 3 team members and I’m paying close $300 to $400 a month for 3 people that’s crazy considering there are other products that do VoIp...

It's like magic

We have a startup focused in ticket sales for events in Mexico. We were looking for in-depth data of our salesmen and to make easier for them to keep track of their clients by client type. We used a CRM (highrise), but the data it gave us was no longer enough to know more about whether the size and type of clients - and opportunities - our sales team were generating was the right kind given our current...

Pros

The email auto-tracking is by far the the tool of close.io. The fact you can create a lead and it automatically brings all of the history of emails you exchanged with them gives a lot more insight and visibility into salesman follow-up performance. Also, the call feature; if you have a strong internet connection, and especially if you're a startup and your salespeople is constantly on the run. Support also responds very quickly to feedback, which made a lot easier the switch from our former CRM.

Cons

For our business, it´s very important to do bulk imports. However, the tool does not let you to opt out of duplicating leads, which makes us take longer to "curate" each file we want to import.

Close.io for therapists, tutors and coaches

I have been looking at various CRM's for my private practice. I provide online therapy for speech, language and learning. Close.io impressed me with its rich features and customizations. I loved the fact that Close.io works perfectly for one person. So many of the other CRMs are for sales teams.

Pros

Everything functioned flawlessly on the first try. I was able to set it up to use my domain name email. I imported all my contacts from Gmail. I could add customizations that would make it easy to keep track of my clients. The search function knocked my socks off! I couldn't remember the name of a certain funding agency. Just by entering the client's name, it gave me the funding agency. Close.io...

Cons

I'm in Canada. I wish the price wasn't so high, especially with the exchange rate. As an online therapy provider, I also have to pay for a telepractice platform and an online scheduler. If Close.io offered integration with Verishow and Accuity Scheduling, they would be able to offer a complete virtual office for online therapists, tutors, and coaches.

The best CRM for the sales team to do the cold calling at an ease.

Pros

We use pipedrive for email marketing and Close.io for cold calling. Our system works like this. Our marketing team use pipedrive to send out email to possible leads and follow up with them and when it results in a successful response from the prospect the sales team collects the phone numbers. Then these prospects with phone numbers have been downloaded to csv and transferred to Close.io CRM for sales team. Then they do all the cold calling with in Close.io CRM. Our department also have access to this CRM to make support calls later on. We can say our sales team's productivity has increased a lot after implementing this CRM. They do not need to manually do the sorting and recording of calls made and everything can be done in settings just one time.

Cons

When importing the prospects from a CSV if there are duplicates in the file, it doesn't detect that and gets added just like an other contact. There are no option to segment the contact in to different categories.

Best CRM for managing relationships

Love how simple Close.IO is. There's one list of contacts , and then an infinite ways of segmenting the data after that in powerful ways. It's a very powerful concept, and they do it in a way that makes it super easy to manage lists of leads/clients/whatever, and to help make sure you're on top of it. They do this, however, in my opinion, by sacrificing features available in other top CRMs, some that seem like they should just be there. For us it has been worthwhile nonetheless.

Pros

By far the easiest and most intuitive way to manage relationships that I've come across. If it's a big struggle for you to have a bunch of lists of leads, and with your limited time you struggle to stay on top of each and every one of them, then Close.IO is awesome. It has helped us make sure none fall through the cracks, and does that in a way where I don't have to think about it. It just lets me know. Integration through Zapier also brings it to another level of automating workflows.

Cons

It's missing some features that other CRMs have, especially for the price. Although the 'smart views' (how you segment the contacts into different lists) is really really awesome and VERY powerful, there are some limitations that sound like should be there but are just missing (e.g. having different default columns per 'smart view', which sounds like a given to me since someone cares about different...

Close - Great CRM for small to medium sized busniesses

Overall Close (close.io) was a great system for our high volume, low price software product. We recently switched from Close to Salesforce and It has been a very bumpy road that more than one department in our company has struggled with. Looking back on our decision, I tend to look fondly on Close's simple and straightforward CRM capabilities.

Pros

Kept all communication and information for a given account/lead visible on one page. Made it very easy to navigate and get an idea of everything surrounding a given lead quickly. - Perfect for high volume telesales - Reporting and lead management was great - Filtering lists made it easy -Phone and text worked great

Cons

The way things were set up, it made it difficult to manage Parent Child orgs for our Enterprise department. Less ability for customization and integrations. - We had a few problems with customer support/account manager getting back to us a few times. (Our account maxed out on calls and we needed to add more several times, but this took a while to flesh out and it completely shut our sales department down a couple times. This happened a few times and we wanted to set things up so it would have added time to our account before we ran out. This should have been addressed so it did not happen and never was.)

Best out there

Pros

Love it for all businesses I have worked in. I literally have my own Personal Close I use that I bring when I take a contract, so I don't have to use something else. It is part of my working life now - Easy deployment (Even when Microsoft tries to ruin everything for you), Simple and easy, can opt into great features if you need it, export your leads, whatever it is - It is software that has clearly been made by someone who was in Business Development. The amount of time I save not having to manually document how much work I have done...Makes me more successful.

Cons

Nothing - it is great - A small deployment issue once, but that was 100% Microsofts fault. The reps were great at fixing it.

Not a CRM

In the end it's very expensive for a bulk lead calling tool.

Pros

This is a great tool if you are just bulk burning through new biz leads and have a fast sales cycle. the calling through Close.io is great, call recording great, ability to create custom lists for lead calling also great

Cons

This is not a CRM period! I would only recommend this if you were integrating it with a dedicated CRM system. The notes are chaotic and very difficult to look back through history and find important past conversations. There is no ability to do ANY form of contract management once a customer is closed and there is also no ability to attach anything to the opportunity info. So if you have a relevant presentation or any documentation relevant to a potential sale you best save it in a google drive and make a custom field to stick the link in.

Close - Marketing Agency

Overall I would highly recommend the software to other businesses users I think it is far better than its competitors.

Pros

It is a great CRM for marketing and sales agencies. I would recommend the software if you do a lot of outbound sales and need to assign tasks to team members.

Cons

It is a little bit of a steep learning curve however once you get the gist of it everything becomes very easy.

Great CRM for Early Stage Companies

For an early stage company I think Close.io has everything you'll possibly need. The higher tier plans also let you forgo a phone system in your office to make it even more cost effective. Overall the system is very easy to use and the visual layout of the platform is very nice. And really most of the basic things you'd need out of a CRM are all there. My only qualm with this system is that there are minor annoyances like not being able to unmerge leads in the event you accidentally might have done so. And overall contact management could be slightly improved but it's not enough to ruin the experience in my opinion.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and graphical interface. I also love that I'm able to dial straight from the platform and the templating system is fairly easy to use as well.

Cons

Contact and lead management could be slightly improved. Unmerging leads is not possible from what I can understand so be careful not to merge the wrong leads. Also if your working specific verticals, it's nice to be able to port a contact from one lead to another should they have switched companies but that's not a possibility either.

Thanks, Dean, we're happy that our inside sales CRM is serving you well! We've passed your feedback on to the product team.

Great Beginner CRM Tool

Great tool overall to get started for a founder with little sales experience

Pros

- Very easy to get started / intuitive interface - Enables you to send emails straight from tool and manage inbox - Ability to set reminders and follow ups - pipeline UI, similar to salesforce or hubspot

Cons

- analytics on emails (open rates, campaigns) hard to understand. Ended up using persistIQ for this - hard to tell when prospect opened email

Rigid structure means only certain sales processes fit (adaptations to all processes are necessary to use effectively)

Overall, Close.io is a B2B CRM where each client has only a few main contacts and they all go through a specific, well-defined process, regardless of whether or not the deal is closed. It's a very expensive platform, especially if you want calling features, so keep that in mind. My two cents: you should assess how well Close.io meets your needs before deciding that this is the right CRM (vs. a different CRM or a custom CRM if you're at higher volumes). Once you decide that it's worth exploring, my recommendation is to figure out how much you'll be paying in annual costs vs. a custom CRM implementation. Close.io pretty much won't prioritize features for you, so if you need anything custom done, I recommend going somewhere else.

Pros

- Easy to get started - Easy to import leads - Easy to keep track of how everyone at your organization is interacting with the client - Pretty simple, but effective reporting

Cons

- Expensive - Low quality call audio - Low customization - Rigid sales structure set-up

A modern sales platform optimized for outreach

While Close.io is a CRM by definition, I consider it more of a sales platform. I consider it as a platform because of it's flexible and rich API that allows you to customize any component. Close.io is a fantastic tool that teams should use for interacting with their customers. With built-in call and email integration, Close.io is designed for salesperson outreach. It eliminates unnecessary data...

Pros

- Built-in call and email integration. - Flexible and powerful API w/ great documentation. - Dynamic lead lists (called "Smart Views") powered through search. - Native Mac and WIndows apps. - Responsive support team. - Custom fields

Cons

- Costly for budget conscious teams. (But not less expensive than Salesforce and like platforms) - No native mobile apps yet. (Not recommended for outside sales teams)

Best CRM I've had the pleasure of using

Close.io has been a huge help to our small B2B sales department. Before close.io we were using multiple programs to email, call, track, notate, and manage customers. It was a mess!!! Now we can do everything within the app itself. No more transferring information from one source to the other.

Pros

The features that helped us the most: -real-time integration with gmail. We send and receive all our email through the app. Besides being more convenient it also keeps all correspondence logged in an easy to reference way. -recorded calls - all calls and voice-mails are automatically listed right along with notes and emails. This is incredibly useful with longer sales cycles. We are able to go...

Cons

Not really any cons to speak of, but we had a couple issues at first: - call quality was poor. This was due to trying to use a wireless connection and after switching everyone over to wired, it went away. So while not an app problem, something to consider if you or your team work remotely. -Some merging issues when pulling lead data from our web form. Again, this was not an app problem so much as a developer problem on our end, but it was a headache for a couple days none the less.

Close.io Review

Pros

I like that you are able to track all forms of communication with a potential business. You can crack phone calls, notes, text messages all in the order that you had the conversation with your business. I also like that you are allowed to send text messages to business if they are hard to get a hold of via phone call.

Cons

I think that they could have better integration with other platforms. Our support team uses fresh desk and fresh chat as their source of emails and chats and with no integration it makes it hard for the support person to see the conversation that goes on between the sale person and the customer without having close.io open.