PerformYard Talent Reviews

4.73/5 (44 reviews)

Tracy Oxnard

Partnership!

Reviewed 2019-11-04

Pros
What I like most are the people at PerformYard! From the initial interactions with the sales team to the implementation it was clear PerformYard was interested in being my partner in creating a high performing organization. Our account rep consults with me to understand and then find the best solutions for my company. She is a tremendous trainer and supports my learning style by getting on the phone with me when needed! She is friendly, professional, and savvy. The software is user friendly and administrator friendly. The feature I like most for our users are the dashboard, everything in the Goals tab, and the ability for folks to isolate their views with filters or "forms I need to do" section. The "Feedback" button is fast way to share feedback. Overall the software is aesthetically appealing; an important thing to highly visual architects and interior designers. Additionally, the pricing is fair.

Cons
Only two small things fall on my least list: I don't believe the "activity streams" on the dashboard or in goals are leveraged by our employees. Sometimes the back button does not take you to the previous page but all the way back to the front of the function. On my wishlist: The Feedback icon gives the ability to GIVE feedback to anyone in the organization. I wish we could have the same open design, but in the reverse; allowing anyone in my organization to REQUEST feedback from anyone in the organization. Having open design for both giving feedback and receiving feedback support a culture of feedback! I believe functionality like this would be a differentiator for PerformYard in the performance market.

Tom Davis

Solid performer, great customer support

Reviewed 2019-10-09

We have now used PerformYard for one full employee review cycle for the whole firm. From an administrative point of view, there were just a few minor hiccups, and to call them "hiccups" is a bit unfair. The tool worked just fine, but we had some straightforward learning curve issues. Our process first solicited names for a 360 review, then got feedback from those identified, a self-evaluation, and then a final summary evaluation by the manager. I had to field far fewer user questions than I expected. I'll give some credit to our clever workforce, but it also tells me that the PerformYard tool is, by and large, intuitive and easy to use.

Pros
A few things stand out as positives for us. First, it was really easy to get things running. It was really just a matter of a few hours of invested time to be in a position to start testing our first review cycle. The biggest effort was transforming our crude employee data into a uniform spreadsheet so we could upload it. That took some manual work. It's easy to design and implement a review form. We have found that the building blocks offered by PerformYard have met our needs just fine. As noted elsewhere, it's easy to dump out ALL of the data associated with a review. This was unexpected, but we use it all the time. A big win in our book. We have also enjoyed fantastic customer support. Online materials are generally solid, and staff is readily available when we bump into something we can't figure out on our own.

Cons
A few things have been a bit harder than expected. One that stands out is setting up a 360 evaluation, which was more manual than it seems would be necessary. Room for improvement for PerformYard (or maybe we missed something). I've also heard a little grumbling about losing edits in various ways. I think this is perhaps just the peril of using a web-based tool. You have to get used to navigating deliberately -- and, of course, regularly saving your work. The tool won't necessarily remind you to do so. We are an analytics consulting firm, so we dump out the review cycle data (which is totally comprehensive; no complaints there!), and then we generate our own reports to track status, compare performance, and generally sift and sort the data. We just played a little with PerformYard's built-in reporting capabilities, but we quickly concluded that we would want more. These are, though, minor complaints. The tool has comfortably met our expectations.

Alexandria Gillis

Excellent Product - Great Support Team!

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Our overall experience has been very positive. As a growing company, we very much needed a mechanism to ensure that goal setting and feedback was occuring on a regular cadence on a company wide basis. We also wanted a platform to recognize co-workers efforts on a company wide basis. Ensuring feedback happens and is documented is invaluable for employee growth. The feedback from employees has been great. Many of them are coming from large companies with mature performance management processes and have indicated they think PerformYard is a superior product - more updated, easier to use and better features.

Pros
The User Platform is easy to navigate and understand. Creating forms and launching review cycles is simple once one learns the basics. I really appreciate the Gmail single sign on. I love the recognition feature. Our CSM has been amazing - accessible, helpful and very attentive. Having our performance reviews managed through the platform has been a huge benefit and needed for the engagement and growth.

Cons
I have not found any things I dislike about the software to date. On my wishlist for product improvements - a visually appealing Org Chart option. That would be awesome and very helpful!

Nancy Martell

HR Director

Reviewed 2016-08-01

Our experience with PerformYard has been outstanding. From the ease of implementation, ability to personalize the set up of the performance process to fit our needs and culture, and the ease of use by managers and employees - All were exceptional! PerformYard architects actually understand HR and the Performance Appraisal process and developed a system that actually works and is amazingly flexible. In implementing the system, I had tons of "how can I do this" questions, and generally the system was already set up to enable what ever I asked for.

Pros
Flexibility & Control -- We were able to build our own forms, process, timing, everything. It was very important to us to be able to utilize what we had done in the past that was working, that our employees trusted and that aligned with our culture. "Off the shelf" forms would not have done this for us. Also the ability to make changes mid-process with a simple click - by yourself - and instantly implement the change was HUGE. Like adding a sign off, deleting a reviewer, etc. We didn't have to call and put in a work order and wait for days for a return call. Changes happen, and sometimes they are very sensitive and need quick response. Having the ability and confidence to make instant adjustments when needed is critical. The system is very intuitive, little or no management and employee training needed. Also, having the system automatically sending out reminders - and the ability for an employees to personally turn off reminders - are both very helpful. PerformYard staff are exceptional. All responded quickly, were knowledgeable, and patient. Every person I spoke with was a pleasure to work with. We had PerformYard personnel hold a training session with our managers (via web), and a couple of occasions hold a call with a manager who had more technical systems questions, and again, PerformYard staff were exceptional and answered all questions with ease.

Cons
Can't think of any!

Response from PerformYard

Thank you, Nancy! On behalf of the entire PerformYard team, it has been an absolute pleasure working with you over the past year and we hope we can continue to support FlightStats's HR and Performance Appraisal processes for years to come.

Ally Erskine

Working our way to a culture-focused, positive environment...

Reviewed 2019-03-01

Recommendations to others: Listen to the directions support/representatives give you... they're an excellent source to use, as to not try to do too much right-off-the-bat. I see a lot of companies start huge and they lose control of the systems, then their efforts become a negative, bad-tasting initiative to the team members. Problems solved/benefits: PerformYard helped our quickly-growing team provide more consistent, necessary, and VERY MUCH desired feedback. In my opinion, this is one of the most important things a firm can semi-easily give an employee. It's so important to help someone learn, grow, and give them the opportunity to succeed; and PerformYard got us about 20 steps closer to the continuing initiative.

Pros

Cons
I would say the system can be a tad limited, although I understand the majority of these limitations come from keeping customers from trying to do too much and digging themselves a hole (so thank you for helping to pull us in and keep us focused). But, my BIGGEST request/suggestion is to allow multiple-choice questions with MULTIPLE selected answers (ie: select all that apply)... this is something MANY of our questions need, rather than using open-ended or multi-line answer options (as there's no way to turn that information into data).

Lorna Carriveau

Excellent Support

Reviewed 2019-11-13

Our primary goals when we selected PerformYard (with staff's input as well as management's) were to have a flexible platform to assess everyone's performance in terms of job expectations, competencies and SMART goals as well as to provide staff with the ability to provide feedback or updates to their goals or performance as often as they wished. Both goals are being achieved.

Pros
From Day 1 we were impressed with the personalized and prompt support. Our Customer Success Manager was knowledgeable, able to show us how to utilize PerformYard to meet our unique needs, and very responsive when deadlines loomed.

Cons
Light colored and small lettering on a white background makes reading challenging for users. Some icons or where they're placed are not intuitive.

Anonymous

Could not be without it!

Reviewed 2018-02-08

What I really appreciate are the review features. This supports quick check-ins to a comprehensive CEO 360 Feedback processes that even our board members participated in. It makes it simple to administer goals, OKRs and performance reviews. We recently completed our first full review cycle and during the debrief all the constructive feedback from our team was about our internal process - not a bad word to be said about the software at all!

Pros
The additional service and training was great! What I really appreciate are the review features. This supports quick check-ins to a comprehensive CEO 360 Feedback processes that even our board members participated in.

Cons
There are some features that would be useful. Like making all reviews 'visible' at a certain time, as opposed to right away or manually changing their visibility. The reporting is great, but you cannot realise the benefit until you have a reasonable amount of data in the system over a period of time. There are also some features that the platform doesn't have - but it is a single use platform, fantastic for reviews and goals.

Jesse Nichols

Paperless time-saving review process

Reviewed 2016-09-27

Our previous process was a very lengthy, time-consuming process. The PerformYard platform offered a paperless, and ultimately a time-saving process. The platform also allows you to track the various steps, which helps with maintaining timelines. I rely heavily on the on-boarding workflow feature. It enables me to put in all of our basic NDAs, or any different training form, or handbook receipt forms. It comes back to me, it's on PDF, and I can just save that straight to our database. In about two weeks everything was up and running, once we got our information in the system, the forms built, and webinars conducted for the staff. Lastly, PerformYard makes us look more professional, having a system in place to on-board a new person and automate the review process.

Pros
ROI, any time spent on a review is going to go to overhead, If we can get the staff back to what they need to be doing it's worth it.

Cons
I could not think of a Con. It is a very straight forward platform that solved pain points for our organization.

Response from PerformYard

Thank you so much, Jesse! We have enjoyed working with you and look forward to continuing to support Crown Consulting's HR and Performance Appraisal processes for years to come.

Jackie Ernest

Great customer service and site is easy to use and navigate!

Reviewed 2017-06-29

Ease of use and navigate, ability for employees to work on review from anywhere, flexibility to customize to the way the company operates with reviews, fantastic and quick responding customer service

Pros
The site is easy to use as an admin and user friendly for the employees. The customer service was very quick to respond and help when needed. We also enjoyed having multiple levels of approvers and ways to assign reviews to specific groups of employees. I, also, enjoyed running reports to see where everyone stood in the review process.

Cons
Unfortunately, it is a separate website which for our specific situation, was what we were trying to move away from. We ended up moving our reviews to our system that already holds HR, Benefits, Payroll, and Annual Reporting data. For our company, it made sense to keep the reviews in the same system the employees are already going into.

Anonymous

We Love PerformYard!

Reviewed 2018-12-17

PerformYard has really streamlined our performance review process and made our lives easier, from both an admin standpoint and employee standpoint. We have received great feedback from our organization and have had a great experience so far!

Pros
User friendly Intuitive Amazing customer service Lots of training and resources available Many different cool features and functionalities

Cons
I wouldn't say I dislike anything. The only thing I would say here is I wish admins had the ability to edit a few more things - ex. the content in the notifications that PerformYard sends, along with the final look of the reviews.

Sarah Witebsky

Perform Yard Review

Reviewed 2016-09-07

I am a relatively new user and my experience thus far has been good. The product is pretty intuitive and easy to use. Additionally, my customer service experience has been amazing. Our Account Executive is Lauren Staley and she has been so attentive and patient in helping me navigate PerformYard.

Pros
Ease of use, reporting functionalities, the amount of info you can store about employees, org charts.

Cons
The reporting functionalities could be improved - it is hard to create custom reports that are easy to pull/read, it is hard to assign some of the review forms (for example, we do upward and peer feedback, in order to do assign these we have to manually assign them 1 by 1).

Response from PerformYard

Thank you, Sarah! You are quickly learning PerformYard and we certainly have enjoyed working with you and 4C Insights over the past year. In regard to your comment about assigning review forms, the employee and manager review forms are automatically assigned with the use of our template and cycle features. For certain peer and upward feedback forms there is unfortunately not a way at this time for the platform to predict the assigning process. We appreciate your feedback and we are always improving the software based on customer needs. We look forward to continuing to support 4C Insights HR and Performance Appraisal processes.

Trey Demler

Awesome product

Reviewed 2018-11-27
Review Source: Software Advice

We felt this product had the best value. It was the lowest price than the other 6-7 options we looked at, and can do essentially everything the others could.

Pros
This product has many functions that are company is able to utilize. We can run our entire review cycle through PerformYard, upload company documents that our employees always have access to, get employees to e-sign on handbook changes, implement internal surveys, as well as external surveys to customers for feedback. Their customer service/implementation teams were extremely helpful.

Cons
A little tough to navigate around at first, especially as an administrator, because there are so many functions. It did get easier over time. I also wish there were more options for customizing the emails that carry the links to PerformYard. They're generic/robotic and wish we would have the opportunity to format and change some of them.

Emily Paffett, PHR SHRM-CP

PerformYard has gotten rid of our paper-based process and is well worth the cost! :)

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Automating performance reviews (they were paper-based forms previously), increasing frequency of feedback beyond twice a year with check-ins, ability to easily track performance throughout the year through notes tracked in the system.

Pros
I like the user interface - the adoption rate for PerformYard was instantaneous, because it was similar to so many platforms we currently use. It's clean, contemporary and very easy-to-use. I like that we have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who is always available for my plethora of questions. I like the reporting functionality and the capabilities to customize employee profiles. What I felt PerformYard succeeded in was overall functionality and customization of the platform.

Cons
Nothing so far - PerformYard seems very receptive to feedback on items we'd perhaps like to see in the future and are always making updates! I would love to see the Org. Chart feature laid out a few different ways (currently just laid out vertically), but I think the Org. Chart alone is a helpful section to have.

Response from PerformYard

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback Emily! We look forward to continuing to support you and the entire PetPlan organization.

- PerformYard Team

Nicole Pedrotty

Solid Performance Tool

Reviewed 2017-04-06

This performance platform has all the features you could want along with the flexibility to make your review process and goal setting as customized as you like. The support is great, very responsive to any inquiry and goes above and beyond to ensure you have what you need! Users do have to log in regularly to familiarize themselves with all the features and particularly at review time it is beneficial to walk them through how to use it, if they do not get in on a regular basis. Overall, great product that streamlines not only the review and goal setting but really allows managers to have a great catalog of accomplishments, comments and progress to look back on.

Response from PerformYard

Thanks for the feedback Nicole; it's been great to support you and Quaero and we look forward to continuing to work together.

Daniel Killpack

The initial setup was easy. They provided personal training and were always available for questions.

Reviewed 2017-05-02

easily administer our performance review process online. All I do is set it up and the system takes care of the rest - providing email prompts to user to fill out or review forms. It's easy to use and saves us time.

Pros
flexibility. I can use some or all of the features. The value for the money is very high. Cost per person is low, and the feature set is large.

Cons
The jargon can take some getting used to; forms, templates and reviews took some getting used to, but the help library is great.

Julie Farschman

Easy to use and customize.

Reviewed 2019-10-18

Automated, paperless reviews that are easy for busy managers and employees to complete with easy administration and set up. Highly customizable.

Pros
The system for setting up review forms is highly customizable and it's very easy to create review templates, schedule them, view results etc. Much easier than any of the other systems I have learned in the past.

Cons
At this point there is nothing that I don't like. I have only been using it two months so I am still playing around with reporting and it seems good but down the road I might have suggestions there.

John Petrusa

If there was ever a time to give >5 stars, this would be the time! Great behind the scenes support.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-07-06

The product was the simplest and easiest way to move from a paper driven performance management process to a slick and easy online process.

Pros
Flexibility: The best part of this software is that our current performance review form could be replicated within Perform Yard. Ease of use: Once the basic form was created, it was easy to duplicate and revise to complete 20+ job review forms. Adoption: Even the most reluctant managers were quick to adopt the Perform Yard process.

Cons
The only drawback to the program is the inability to add a 1-on-1 performance management aspect in conjunction with the regularly scheduled performance management process.

Phyllis Balan

Goal tracking was easy

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Automating the goal setting process has allowed us to track goal process throughout the year and get an overview of how we are doing as a company. Bonus calculations were straightforward this year because each person had a weighted goal achievement score.

Pros
My favorite feature is the weighted goal calculation we were able to add to the year end process. It's very easy to set up goals and update them throughout the year

Cons
I would like to see more flexibility to change workflows

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Trey Demler

Simple to use with a lot of features

Reviewed 2018-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Would recommend to others

Pros
-Ease of use. Many of our employees who hate technology acknowledged how easy it was -Email notifications when needed -Many features such as reviews, surveys, customer feedback, and goals

Cons
Have been using for about a month and so far have no complaints. The only (minor) issue we encountered was that some employees were completing their evaluation, submitting it, were under the impression it submit, but it never went through to their manager. We were not able to determine if it was user error, or an error with the program itself.

Rachel Lopez

PerformYard performs for our entire company

Reviewed 2017-03-09

PerformYard helped us add rigor and uniformity to our review cycles. With the platform, it is easy for managers to compare direct report's performance across review periods, as well as to their peers. Managers appreciate the consistency of their employees' performance records in one place, and our HR team uses the platform to send and store company policies that new hires need to sign for our company record. What really makes PerformYard stand out is their exceptional customer service. They give us custom support with review cycle set-up and promptly reply to questions. When our main contact is out of the office, we always know who to reach out to instead.

Response from PerformYard

Thanks Rachel! We've loved supporting Hanover and having you as a customer for the last four years.

It's exciting to see such forward thinking leadership from the entire HR team and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership as you grow.

- PerformYard

James Cornett

Great product

Reviewed 2019-06-24

Pros
Great customer support. The people are great, helpful and encouraging. They make getting the product up and running very easy.

Cons
No cons to the product. If anything our company could use more training in uses more of its features.

Crystal Collyer

PeformYard was very customizable and worked with our varies business lines

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Paperless system and tracking of performance at all levels of the organization.

Pros
I love how it is so easy to set-up use and the customization. Our company has multiple business units and we needed a performance management system that would work for the variety of businesses this system allowed us to customize almost all features that we needed.

Cons
There really is not anything that we have found so far that I don't like about it. The system is very good.

Response from PerformYard

Appreciate the feedback Crystal - we've really enjoyed supporting you!

Chelsea Morehouse

Very Efficient and So Helpful!

Reviewed 2019-03-07

Overall, PerformYard has made the review piece of my job so much easier. Another great aspect of PerformYard is the workflow function, where I can assign tasks to employees and see the progress of it being completed. I can also send documents to employees in case I need their signature. It's wonderful!

Pros
I'm currently in the process of my first Review Cycle and it has gone very smoothly. Being able to assign different peers and supervisors makes performance reviews so much easier.

Cons
I've had some minor glitches, but the support team is WONDERFUL.

Elizabeth Rodriguez

2017 Performance Review

Reviewed 2018-09-05

Kudos to the great customer services and the excellent guidance from. They were kind and no matter how much I asked the same questions they always help me with the process. They took their time never in a rush! Customer Support is a keeper!

Pros
From the first sale presentation to end of the uploading it was a great experiences. It was easy and simple to learn.

Cons
Goals was a challenge for many of my employees. I would like for the system to have a trigger that do not allow to continue until the goals are completed.

Kelly Vance

Makes the Review Process So Easy

Reviewed 2019-03-06

I really like the training and support I received while setting up our reviews.Representative replied almost immediately to any questions or concerns I had and worked with our unique structure to make the review process easy. I was able to get the entire office done with their yearly reviews within a month of setting up PerformYard.

Pros
The ability to schedule a review and have reminders sent automatically to the managers, peers, and employees is so much better than me needing to hunt them down to get the reviews done. The customer support and training is better than almost any other software I have ever used. The staff likes the ability to be able to keep documents or feedback through out the year so when review time comes around the have a place to reference specific details.

Cons
I wish the reporting could be formatted for our needs.