PerformYard Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.2/10

Reviews by rating

We have also enjoyed fantastic customer support. Online materials are generally solid, and staff is readily available when we bump into something we can't figure out on our own.
She is friendly, professional, and savvy. The software is user friendly and administrator friendly.
I love how this product encourages all stake-holders to share feedback freely and frequently. It truly enhances the culture of our workplace.
The only drawback to the program is the inability to add a 1-on-1 performance management aspect in conjunction with the regularly scheduled performance management process.
I am not too fond of the lack of descriptions that tell a user what a category or feature does. You have to find out for yourself which is okay but a little inconvenient.

PQ

Piper Q.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

System Worth Having!

It has been a very good partnership so far.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the system. We rolled this system out in an effort to get off of a paper-based system and it has been exactly what we needed. Using the system has been easy for our employees and has been easily integrated into our weekly 1:1 meetings. Setting up a review has been fast and efficient. We have had a great account rep!!

Cons

My only downside is that we do not currently have an HRIS that links directly with PerformYard. So as a result I have to upload new data manually. This is not a huge issue it is just not as convenient as a real-time feed would be.

KF

Kari F.

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

The Customer Service Proved Invaluable

I really appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is the Customer Success Manager. She was available to answer my questions which often included videos, documentation and words of encouragement.

Pros

From an end user perspective it is easy to use. From a leadership perspective I like that I can quickly add employee notes which made performance reviews much easier. From and Administrator point of view I like how easy it is to add/edit employee records.

Cons

As a leader I find the creation of goals and tracking progress a tad confusing. As an Administrator the creation of forms, understanding groups and setting up/maintaining review cycles/calendars isn't intuitive. Had I been involved from the beginning when this software was chosen the process would likely have been easier.

PB

Phyllis B.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Goal tracking was easy

Automating the goal setting process has allowed us to track goal process throughout the year and get an overview of how we are doing as a company. Bonus calculations were straightforward this year because each person had a weighted goal achievement score.

Pros

My favorite feature is the weighted goal calculation we were able to add to the year end process. It's very easy to set up goals and update them throughout the year

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility to change workflows

CO

Candice O.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Great Performance Management Software Platform

This is the first time our organization has used an online platform for goals, feedback, and performance reviews. I am pleased that we will now have a way to track employee career development and keep continued conversations going about goals.

Pros

Easy to set up with a dedicate Customer Success Manager guiding you along the way. It integrated with ADP so employee data synced with the system. The online support website is great for additional learning information as well.

Cons

I would like to see a little more flexibility with being able to make changes and those changes update across reviews already set up. I would also like to see a way to send out notifications or emails from PerformYard in regards to sending out a message to employees to set goals vs. setting up a goal setting review form. Now that we have rolled out, I notice that not all employees are using the review form and instead are creating goals separately which is okay but I prefer the review form analytics to see who has completed goals vs. looking at the company review tab to see who all has completed goals.

SW

Sarah W.

Perform Yard Review

I am a relatively new user and my experience thus far has been good. The product is pretty intuitive and easy to use. Additionally, my customer service experience has been amazing. Our Account Executive is Lauren Staley and she has been so attentive and patient in helping me navigate PerformYard.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting functionalities, the amount of info you can store about employees, org charts.

Cons

The reporting functionalities could be improved - it is hard to create custom reports that are easy to pull/read, it is hard to assign some of the review forms (for example, we do upward and peer feedback, in order to do assign these we have to manually assign them 1 by 1).

Thank you, Sarah! You are quickly learning PerformYard and we certainly have enjoyed working with you and 4C Insights over the past year. In regard to your comment about assigning review forms, the employee and manager review forms are automatically assigned with the use of our template and cycle features. For certain peer and upward feedback forms there is unfortunately not a way at this time for the platform to predict the assigning process. We appreciate your feedback and we are always improving the software based on customer needs. We look forward to continuing to support 4C Insights HR and Performance Appraisal processes.

TD

Trey D.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Awesome product

We felt this product had the best value. It was the lowest price than the other 6-7 options we looked at, and can do essentially everything the others could.

Pros

This product has many functions that are company is able to utilize. We can run our entire review cycle through PerformYard, upload company documents that our employees always have access to, get employees to e-sign on handbook changes, implement internal surveys, as well as external surveys to customers for feedback. Their customer service/implementation teams were extremely helpful.

Cons

A little tough to navigate around at first, especially as an administrator, because there are so many functions. It did get easier over time. I also wish there were more options for customizing the emails that carry the links to PerformYard. They're generic/robotic and wish we would have the opportunity to format and change some of them.

Alexandra R.

Investment Management, 51-200 employees

Amazing value, easy to use and excellent customer support - perfect for BambooHR users

Pros

-The simplicity of the user interface -Low cost relative to other options -Excellent customer service (more consultative/strategic vs. pure "support") -Integration with BambooHR

Cons

Not completely customizable, but to be expected given the cost

MP

Michael P.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Employee being Reviewed

Overall the experience is great. It is easy to use and can't think of anything negative - would definitely recommend it to any company looking for a system like this.

Pros

The product is easy to use and understand and the best feature is the Save for Later function. Our firms asks multiple questions that require some reflection so I like to read the questions, answer what I can and then save the application and come back when I'm ready to finish.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is that it's only useful for me about once a year; for my annual review. If perhaps there were some other functions, it would be used and enjoyed more often.

NP

Nicole P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Solid Performance Tool

This performance platform has all the features you could want along with the flexibility to make your review process and goal setting as customized as you like. The support is great, very responsive to any inquiry and goes above and beyond to ensure you have what you need! Users do have to log in regularly to familiarize themselves with all the features and particularly at review time it is beneficial to walk them through how to use it, if they do not get in on a regular basis. Overall, great product that streamlines not only the review and goal setting but really allows managers to have a great catalog of accomplishments, comments and progress to look back on.

Cons

Thanks for the feedback Nicole; it's been great to support you and Quaero and we look forward to continuing to work together.

JF

Julie F.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Easy to use and customize.

Automated, paperless reviews that are easy for busy managers and employees to complete with easy administration and set up. Highly customizable.

Pros

The system for setting up review forms is highly customizable and it's very easy to create review templates, schedule them, view results etc. Much easier than any of the other systems I have learned in the past.

Cons

At this point there is nothing that I don't like. I have only been using it two months so I am still playing around with reporting and it seems good but down the road I might have suggestions there.

RP

Rocky P.

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Great Tool to Connect with Business and Professional Development

I've been using PerformanceYard for about two years now and it is so much easier that the previous software our company used. Makes employee reviews a breeze.

Pros

Simple user interface. Concise organization of reviews for employees and management alike.

Cons

Perhaps have additional ways to compare past years performance and Overall statistical reporting for department groups.

WW

William W.

Plastics, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Excellent Performance Tracking!

It was fast and easy to complete all necessary documentation.

Pros

This software works fluently for whatever your need is for performance tracking of employees.

Cons

There is currently nothing that I dislike about the software.

CC

Crystal C.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

PeformYard was very customizable and worked with our varies business lines

Paperless system and tracking of performance at all levels of the organization.

Pros

I love how it is so easy to set-up use and the customization. Our company has multiple business units and we needed a performance management system that would work for the variety of businesses this system allowed us to customize almost all features that we needed.

Cons

There really is not anything that we have found so far that I don't like about it. The system is very good.

Appreciate the feedback Crystal - we've really enjoyed supporting you!

JW

John W.

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

Unlocking the potential within my organisation

The was the part that made the above con so easy the support was spectacular and honestly nothing was an issue they could not have helped more. 11 out of 10 that's how good they are.

Pros

The software is easy and structured and allows all my staff participation with the direction of the company and the part they play through review and goal setting features.

Cons

It was only slightly odd to get my head around the logic but once I had it was a breeze

FA

Federico A.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Very user friendly!

Pros

Simple to use. Would recommend for others to use.

Cons

n/a Nothing seems to be wrong with this .

Zoya N.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Pros

PerformYard is an amazingly easy software to use.

Cons

Initially, there were some minor glitches while logging in but I guess that has been sorted out. I can work seamlessly on it now.

Neelam R.

Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Perform Yard Review

It helps in review and check-in, and goal management for all employees. We majorly use 30 days and 90 days feedback.

Pros

Anonymous Reviews, a very user-friendly tool, integration is easy and quick.

Cons

At times it's difficult for me to search for a specific report.

DB

Daniela B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great Tool

PerformYard has been great! Great support and implementation assistance.

Pros

Goal Setting Documents Org Chart Availability to view the Organizational's Goals

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment. So far I really enjoy the system.

EL

Ernesto L.

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

PerformYard Talent Platform

Perform is used to manage the entire company's performance and evaluation and is a huge improvement from our previous system.

Pros

This is an amazing program, it is easy to integrate with your IT system, they provide training on how to use the software. Of all my years in performing employee evaluations - this is the best! Easy to use and it encourages the employee to want to log in and update daily/weekly accomplishments. The software is also cost effective and there's a budget for all sizes of companies.

Cons

If they had an after hour customer support team.

WF

Whitney F.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Easy to use system

Pros

Love the ease and use of the system. Very minimal training was given to employees because the system is very user friendly. The employees like that everything is electronic. I like that our managers have all documentation in one location.

Cons

There really is not much to say... I wish that the system would allow our employees to send their own reviews out to managers but I knew this before purchasing. I have been working with my rep and there is a possible "work around" for this.

EA

Eric A.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

My thoughts

Pros

The ability to add goals, the ability to track employee goals.

Cons

There is nothing that I didn't really like.

AK

Alper K.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

It is very useful and educational

Pros

It is very easy to use this software. You can easily integrate it with the other apps

Cons

There is nothing to say about cons. for this software.

AM

Amy M.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Have shared with others!

Pros

Cons

Updating goals and adding comments can be a little tricky. I would like to be able to edit/delete the comments on my goals, but I struggle to do this.

SC

Sue C.

Great product - employees liked it

Easy to set up, easy to use. Very flexible. Support spent all the time we needed to make sure we were setup for our purposes and understood the product. The training for the staff was efficient and thorough.

NM

Nathan M.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great Product

Pros

It is a great way to see how upper management feels about my performance. I love how I can add my own comments for feedback as well.

Cons

None this is great and does everything we need it to