All categories

PerformYard Talent Reviews

Marcus R.

Ally E.

Read the full review
I like that it is organized and user friendly. Evaluations can be hard to keep track of so this is a very nice asset to have.

thomas m.

Read the full review

Cons

Everybody hated our performance review process.

Christi S.

Piper Q.

Read the full review
The only drawback to the program is the inability to add a 1-on-1 performance management aspect in conjunction with the regularly scheduled performance management process.

John P.

4.8

PerformYard has gotten rid of our paper-based process and is well worth the cost! :)

Automating performance reviews (they were paper-based forms previously), increasing frequency of feedback beyond twice a year with check-ins, ability to easily track performance throughout the year through notes tracked in the system.

Pros

I like the user interface - the adoption rate for PerformYard was instantaneous, because it was similar to so many platforms we currently use. It's clean, contemporary and very easy-to-use. I like that we have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who is always available for my plethora of questions. I like the reporting functionality and the capabilities to customize employee profiles. What I felt PerformYard succeeded in was overall functionality and customization of the platform.

Cons

Nothing so far - PerformYard seems very receptive to feedback on items we'd perhaps like to see in the future and are always making updates! I would love to see the Org. Chart feature laid out a few different ways (currently just laid out vertically), but I think the Org. Chart alone is a helpful section to have.

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback Emily! We look forward to continuing to support you and the entire PetPlan organization. - PerformYard Team

PY Product Review by D. Partridge, Sage Analysis Group, Inc. 2.12.21

The best part of our experience with PerformYard has to be with the customer service. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows how we function, is extremely helpful making suggestions, reworking forms streamlining tasks for us. We are a small group but have recently revamped all of our performance materials - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been instrumental in our successful rollout.

Pros

I am getting better all the time at utilizing the software for our different needs and making sure that I can train our staff to be more independent. Features that work well are the profile set up, cycle launches, ability to edit through simple prompts. The forms look nice and are easily read. I've learned how to utilize more icons and tricks to get my tasks done more efficiently than in the beginning.

Cons

We found it difficult to format the text boxes with some symbols, bullets, etc. The texting is very straight forward and doesn't allow for easy organization of remarks. It would be better to be able to upload tables, or symbols, bold and separation effects to make reading long texts more easily defined. Multiple projects, data gathered, etc. become long run-on looking sentences. I'd like to be able to print an org chart that looks nice and other snapshots of screen for training seem to be low resolution quality and hard to duplicate.

User Friendly

Pros

I like how its really easy to use. It took me 10 minutes to input my goals, for example. That's important as I don't want to take away too much time from my work.

Cons

Given it's basic, I am afraid it won't be as useful.

Partnership!

Pros

What I like most are the people at PerformYard! From the initial interactions with the sales team to the implementation it was clear PerformYard was interested in being my partner in creating a high performing organization. Our account rep consults with me to understand and then find the best solutions for my company. She is a tremendous trainer and supports my learning style by getting on the phone...

Cons

Only two small things fall on my least list: I don't believe the "activity streams" on the dashboard or in goals are leveraged by our employees. Sometimes the back button does not take you to the previous page but all the way back to the front of the function. On my wishlist: The Feedback icon gives the ability to GIVE feedback to anyone in the organization. I wish we could have the same open design, but in the reverse; allowing anyone in my organization to REQUEST feedback from anyone in the organization. Having open design for both giving feedback and receiving feedback support a culture of feedback! I believe functionality like this would be a differentiator for PerformYard in the performance market.

Excellent Product - Great Support Team!

Our overall experience has been very positive. As a growing company, we very much needed a mechanism to ensure that goal setting and feedback was occuring on a regular cadence on a company wide basis. We also wanted a platform to recognize co-workers efforts on a company wide basis. Ensuring feedback happens and is documented is invaluable for employee growth. The feedback from employees has been great. Many of them are coming from large companies with mature performance management processes and have indicated they think PerformYard is a superior product - more updated, easier to use and better features.

Pros

The User Platform is easy to navigate and understand. Creating forms and launching review cycles is simple once one learns the basics. I really appreciate the Gmail single sign on. I love the recognition feature. Our CSM has been amazing - accessible, helpful and very attentive. Having our performance reviews managed through the platform has been a huge benefit and needed for the engagement and growth.

Cons

I have not found any things I dislike about the software to date. On my wishlist for product improvements - a visually appealing Org Chart option. That would be awesome and very helpful!

Exceptional Product!

Pros

PerformYard has streamlined our quarterly review process and has made feedback and goal setting so much easier! PerformYard syncs with ADP so no need to manually enter in new hires!

Cons

While I don't see many cons, some managers have complained that the reporting function isn't as intutiive as the rest of the system.

Great tool for streamlining Performance Reviews!

Pros

First and foremost, our Customer Success Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic and made it so that the implementation of Perform Yard into our company was seamless. She took the time to meet with us numerous times via phone to make sure we understood everything, go more in depth if we had any questions, etc. I appreciated the help through the set up of Perform Yard as well as the resources...

Cons

I have no complaints at this time, only recommendation we did have was that it'd be nice for managers to to have a section to select their employee and see all past reviews, goals, feedback (private and public) vs having to go into their profile or filter by the employee in each different section. It'd be nice to just have that overview in one section. But other than that it's been great so far!

PerformYard Review

Seamless integration with our HR department and is used agency-wide to ensure that employees are writing down their goals and tracking their achievement to prove to the company their worth and rationale for promotions or pay increases. It works great with the community of employees so they can write down their successes, and barriers to acheievement, and ultimately it drives each employee to continue to do their best.

Pros

It has a great user experience, and sends notificatoins for when its time for you to review yourself as well as the colleagues you work closely with to ensure they get the recognition on all of their hard work and progress towards their goals. Again, very easy to use, and doesnt bombard on notifcations either! Its a great way to review.

Cons

Nothing I dont like that much, its overall a great tool.

Employee being Reviewed

Overall the experience is great. It is easy to use and can't think of anything negative - would definitely recommend it to any company looking for a system like this.

Pros

The product is easy to use and understand and the best feature is the Save for Later function. Our firms asks multiple questions that require some reflection so I like to read the questions, answer what I can and then save the application and come back when I'm ready to finish.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is that it's only useful for me about once a year; for my annual review. If perhaps there were some other functions, it would be used and enjoyed more often.

Great Tool to Connect with Business and Professional Development

I've been using PerformanceYard for about two years now and it is so much easier that the previous software our company used. Makes employee reviews a breeze.

Pros

Simple user interface. Concise organization of reviews for employees and management alike.

Cons

Perhaps have additional ways to compare past years performance and Overall statistical reporting for department groups.

Solid performer, great customer support

We have now used PerformYard for one full employee review cycle for the whole firm. From an administrative point of view, there were just a few minor hiccups, and to call them "hiccups" is a bit unfair. The tool worked just fine, but we had some straightforward learning curve issues. Our process first solicited names for a 360 review, then got feedback from those identified, a self-evaluation, and then a final summary evaluation by the manager. I had to field far fewer user questions than I expected. I'll give some credit to our clever workforce, but it also tells me that the PerformYard tool is, by and large, intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

A few things stand out as positives for us. First, it was really easy to get things running. It was really just a matter of a few hours of invested time to be in a position to start testing our first review cycle. The biggest effort was transforming our crude employee data into a uniform spreadsheet so we could upload it. That took some manual work. It's easy to design and implement a review form....

Cons

A few things have been a bit harder than expected. One that stands out is setting up a 360 evaluation, which was more manual than it seems would be necessary. Room for improvement for PerformYard (or maybe we missed something). I've also heard a little grumbling about losing edits in various ways. I think this is perhaps just the peril of using a web-based tool. You have to get used to navigating...

HR Director

Our experience with PerformYard has been outstanding. From the ease of implementation, ability to personalize the set up of the performance process to fit our needs and culture, and the ease of use by managers and employees - All were exceptional! PerformYard architects actually understand HR and the Performance Appraisal process and developed a system that actually works and is amazingly flexible. In implementing the system, I had tons of "how can I do this" questions, and generally the system was already set up to enable what ever I asked for.

Pros

Flexibility & Control -- We were able to build our own forms, process, timing, everything. It was very important to us to be able to utilize what we had done in the past that was working, that our employees trusted and that aligned with our culture. "Off the shelf" forms would not have done this for us. Also the ability to make changes mid-process with a simple click - by yourself - and instantly...

Cons

Can't think of any!

Thank you, Nancy! On behalf of the entire PerformYard team, it has been an absolute pleasure working with you over the past year and we hope we can continue to support FlightStats's HR and Performance Appraisal processes for years to come.

Working our way to a culture-focused, positive environment...

Recommendations to others: Listen to the directions support/representatives give you... they're an excellent source to use, as to not try to do too much right-off-the-bat. I see a lot of companies start huge and they lose control of the systems, then their efforts become a negative, bad-tasting initiative to the team members. Problems solved/benefits: PerformYard helped our quickly-growing team provide more consistent, necessary, and VERY MUCH desired feedback. In my opinion, this is one of the most important things a firm can semi-easily give an employee. It's so important to help someone learn, grow, and give them the opportunity to succeed; and PerformYard got us about 20 steps closer to the continuing initiative.

Pros

Cons

I would say the system can be a tad limited, although I understand the majority of these limitations come from keeping customers from trying to do too much and digging themselves a hole (so thank you for helping to pull us in and keep us focused). But, my BIGGEST request/suggestion is to allow multiple-choice questions with MULTIPLE selected answers (ie: select all that apply)... this is something MANY of our questions need, rather than using open-ended or multi-line answer options (as there's no way to turn that information into data).

Excellent Support

Our primary goals when we selected PerformYard (with staff's input as well as management's) were to have a flexible platform to assess everyone's performance in terms of job expectations, competencies and SMART goals as well as to provide staff with the ability to provide feedback or updates to their goals or performance as often as they wished. Both goals are being achieved.

Pros

From Day 1 we were impressed with the personalized and prompt support. Our Customer Success Manager was knowledgeable, able to show us how to utilize PerformYard to meet our unique needs, and very responsive when deadlines loomed.

Cons

Light colored and small lettering on a white background makes reading challenging for users. Some icons or where they're placed are not intuitive.

Easy Goal Management

I find the software to be very beneficial as it allows me to easily create targets, map out the steps to reach the goal and stay informed of my progress instantly.

Pros

With PerformYard creating, tracking and managing goals is simple and easy. You have the flexibility to individually scale each goal and progress is trackable both graphically and by text entries that can be used to journal any issues you encountered. You can also set up alerts to keep you on target with scheduled events. Another function that I find especially beneficial is the ability to highlight the achievements or simply acknowledge the work of others, which can be shared within teams or companywide.

Cons

There are situations where you may not be able to complete a goal. For example, an event that was outside of your control has been canceled. However, once you add a goal, you cannot completely discard it and it is calculated into your fulfillment of planned goals.

PerformYard Goes Above & Beyond

PerformYard has exceeded our expectations and the entire team has been an outstanding partner to us. We were able to implement an automated performance review process (goal setting, reviews, and feedback tools) in a short period of time. We were also able to make tech changes (PY team made changes to the software code on short-order) when we found ourselves in a pinch due to our own unique rating and % feeds mid-review cycle. No insignificant task on their end, but they made it seem that way given its importance to us.

Pros

The team and their customer service & support - all around one of the best (i.e. our Acct Director, tech team, owner - everyone we've had the pleasure to work with at PerformYard has been responsive and swift to help us solve any challenges, implementation, ongoing support). Customization - able to input, modify, and leverage the platform to suit our needs. Automates the single biggest administrative burden for the Company. Personalized attention - from setting up the Agreement between our two companies, the live trainings provided by our Acct Director, the knowledge sharing and guidance the team provides, the swift issue resolution they consistently deliver upon. Integration with our HRIS platform as promised and on-schedule.

Cons

That PerformYard is for performance management only. We knew this going into it, however, we'd love to be able to leverage this team's expertise and automated solution(s) for the entire talent management cycle (development, management, succession, compensation).

Could not be without it!

What I really appreciate are the review features. This supports quick check-ins to a comprehensive CEO 360 Feedback processes that even our board members participated in. It makes it simple to administer goals, OKRs and performance reviews. We recently completed our first full review cycle and during the debrief all the constructive feedback from our team was about our internal process - not a bad word to be said about the software at all!

Pros

The additional service and training was great! What I really appreciate are the review features. This supports quick check-ins to a comprehensive CEO 360 Feedback processes that even our board members participated in.

Cons

There are some features that would be useful. Like making all reviews 'visible' at a certain time, as opposed to right away or manually changing their visibility. The reporting is great, but you cannot realise the benefit until you have a reasonable amount of data in the system over a period of time. There are also some features that the platform doesn't have - but it is a single use platform, fantastic for reviews and goals.

Paperless time-saving review process

Our previous process was a very lengthy, time-consuming process. The PerformYard platform offered a paperless, and ultimately a time-saving process. The platform also allows you to track the various steps, which helps with maintaining timelines. I rely heavily on the on-boarding workflow feature. It enables me to put in all of our basic NDAs, or any different training form, or handbook receipt forms. It comes back to me, it's on PDF, and I can just save that straight to our database. In about two weeks everything was up and running, once we got our information in the system, the forms built, and webinars conducted for the staff. Lastly, PerformYard makes us look more professional, having a system in place to on-board a new person and automate the review process.

Pros

ROI, any time spent on a review is going to go to overhead, If we can get the staff back to what they need to be doing it's worth it.

Cons

I could not think of a Con. It is a very straight forward platform that solved pain points for our organization.

Thank you so much, Jesse! We have enjoyed working with you and look forward to continuing to support Crown Consulting's HR and Performance Appraisal processes for years to come.

Great customer service and site is easy to use and navigate!

Ease of use and navigate, ability for employees to work on review from anywhere, flexibility to customize to the way the company operates with reviews, fantastic and quick responding customer service

Pros

The site is easy to use as an admin and user friendly for the employees. The customer service was very quick to respond and help when needed. We also enjoyed having multiple levels of approvers and ways to assign reviews to specific groups of employees. I, also, enjoyed running reports to see where everyone stood in the review process.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is a separate website which for our specific situation, was what we were trying to move away from. We ended up moving our reviews to our system that already holds HR, Benefits, Payroll, and Annual Reporting data. For our company, it made sense to keep the reviews in the same system the employees are already going into.

The Customer Service Proved Invaluable

I really appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is the Customer Success Manager. She was available to answer my questions which often included videos, documentation and words of encouragement.

Pros

From an end user perspective it is easy to use. From a leadership perspective I like that I can quickly add employee notes which made performance reviews much easier. From and Administrator point of view I like how easy it is to add/edit employee records.

Cons

As a leader I find the creation of goals and tracking progress a tad confusing. As an Administrator the creation of forms, understanding groups and setting up/maintaining review cycles/calendars isn't intuitive. Had I been involved from the beginning when this software was chosen the process would likely have been easier.

System Worth Having!

It has been a very good partnership so far.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the system. We rolled this system out in an effort to get off of a paper-based system and it has been exactly what we needed. Using the system has been easy for our employees and has been easily integrated into our weekly 1:1 meetings. Setting up a review has been fast and efficient. We have had a great account rep!!

Cons

My only downside is that we do not currently have an HRIS that links directly with PerformYard. So as a result I have to upload new data manually. This is not a huge issue it is just not as convenient as a real-time feed would be.

We Love PerformYard!

PerformYard has really streamlined our performance review process and made our lives easier, from both an admin standpoint and employee standpoint. We have received great feedback from our organization and have had a great experience so far!

Pros

User friendly Intuitive Amazing customer service Lots of training and resources available Many different cool features and functionalities

Cons

I wouldn't say I dislike anything. The only thing I would say here is I wish admins had the ability to edit a few more things - ex. the content in the notifications that PerformYard sends, along with the final look of the reviews.

Great Performance Management Software Platform

This is the first time our organization has used an online platform for goals, feedback, and performance reviews. I am pleased that we will now have a way to track employee career development and keep continued conversations going about goals.

Pros

Easy to set up with a dedicate Customer Success Manager guiding you along the way. It integrated with ADP so employee data synced with the system. The online support website is great for additional learning information as well.

Cons

I would like to see a little more flexibility with being able to make changes and those changes update across reviews already set up. I would also like to see a way to send out notifications or emails from PerformYard in regards to sending out a message to employees to set goals vs. setting up a goal setting review form. Now that we have rolled out, I notice that not all employees are using the review form and instead are creating goals separately which is okay but I prefer the review form analytics to see who has completed goals vs. looking at the company review tab to see who all has completed goals.

Perform Yard Review

I am a relatively new user and my experience thus far has been good. The product is pretty intuitive and easy to use. Additionally, my customer service experience has been amazing. Our Account Executive is Lauren Staley and she has been so attentive and patient in helping me navigate PerformYard.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting functionalities, the amount of info you can store about employees, org charts.

Cons

The reporting functionalities could be improved - it is hard to create custom reports that are easy to pull/read, it is hard to assign some of the review forms (for example, we do upward and peer feedback, in order to do assign these we have to manually assign them 1 by 1).

Thank you, Sarah! You are quickly learning PerformYard and we certainly have enjoyed working with you and 4C Insights over the past year. In regard to your comment about assigning review forms, the employee and manager review forms are automatically assigned with the use of our template and cycle features. For certain peer and upward feedback forms there is unfortunately not a way at this time for the platform to predict the assigning process. We appreciate your feedback and we are always improving the software based on customer needs. We look forward to continuing to support 4C Insights HR and Performance Appraisal processes.

Awesome product

We felt this product had the best value. It was the lowest price than the other 6-7 options we looked at, and can do essentially everything the others could.

Pros

This product has many functions that are company is able to utilize. We can run our entire review cycle through PerformYard, upload company documents that our employees always have access to, get employees to e-sign on handbook changes, implement internal surveys, as well as external surveys to customers for feedback. Their customer service/implementation teams were extremely helpful.

Cons

A little tough to navigate around at first, especially as an administrator, because there are so many functions. It did get easier over time. I also wish there were more options for customizing the emails that carry the links to PerformYard. They're generic/robotic and wish we would have the opportunity to format and change some of them.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.