Wave Payroll Reviews

4.39/5 (44 reviews)

Aisha LaDon

I have been using WaveApp For 2 years

Reviewed 2018-06-25

Pros
I absolutely love Waveapp. It is easy to use to manage my client invoices, estimates, employee payroll, and track business expenses.

Cons
The only drawback is waiting several days for funds to be transferred to your bank account. When my clients make a payment, I get a notification that I have been paid, however, those funds take a few days before they actually show up in my bank. It would be great if Waveapp was a bank as well.

Juan Carlos Alfaro

Simple and easy to use as their name!

Reviewed 2017-10-03

We appreciate the web based option for sheets to allow our remote workforce to access timecards, time off requests, and pay stubs from their locations

Pros
No longer have to fill out and turn in paper time sheets. Its very easy to use for all level employees.

Cons
At the end of every week it takes about 6 hours to punch in and key all missed punches from employees. But I do recommend the use of this software.

Shaun D Simmons

If was any simpler it'd be illegal

Reviewed 2018-07-18

Super simple. We were actually able to get everything set-up in 4 hours, not missing a beat, employees were paid on time and reporting cash in - cash out doesn't require a degree from MIT.

Pros
I can't even begin to say how SIMPLE it is! I was looking for something that my Daughter and Wife could use to do AR/AP as well as payroll. It took me literally 4 hours to get 237 employees added with their payroll information. Didn't miss a payday :-)

Cons
The invoicing was/is clunky. You only have 3 designs to choose from. I haven't found a way to import designs from another invoicing software that I was using. I'd kind of like to just have one......but it's not too important right now.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Holly Proudlove

Love this software!

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Pros
I have been using this for payroll and book keeping for the last several years. It is super easy to use and has almost all the features I need. I create T4s on it and can invoice clients!

Cons
I wish it could allow staff access to enter their own hours then I could approve them. This feature would make a big difference!

Geoff Jones

The BEST, most simple accounting software

Reviewed 2019-03-07

With wave accounting I am able to easily create invoices and bills. I am able to effortlessly pay contractors & employees with direct deposit.

Pros
Ease of use, customer service, price, features & design.

Cons
Some solutions require a work around that is not intuitive.

Jennifer Nguyen

Love Wave App!

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Pros
It's a great software for billing and invoicing clients, vendors, employees, and independent contractors. I love the ability to send the invoices via email and getting paid within the system. It's simply, easy to use and have a variety of features including, connecting your financial institution to the app for payment, saving and exporting data and interface is very clean.

Cons
The mobile interface does not work very well. The app sometimes crashes. Other than that, there no other cons with the software.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Tonya Kurkey

No More Payroll Headaches

Reviewed 2019-06-20

This software has saved me a ton of time and frustration. When I have questuins they respnd quickly to help me out.

Pros
This sodtware makes it simple to do payroll for my company. The handle all of the taxes and scheduling of payroll liability payments. I love that they automatically fill out my employee tax forms.

Cons
The only thing I don’t like is that I can’t set up payroll to run automatically each week. You need to run payroll and approve it. My employees are salary so the pay is the same each week.

Atul B

Ideal for Small Business

Reviewed 2015-08-10

We have been using Payroll by Wave for quite a few years now and are very happy with it. We are one of the top immigration law firms based in Pittsburgh, PA and our mission is to provide affordable experienced representation and personal case handling to cost-conscious clients and businesses. We have very caring and passionate employees that help us achieve our mission. Payroll by Wave is the perfect solution for our small business needs for running payroll and managing vacation time. It is very easy to use with a very well designed and intuitive user interface. It guides you through the setup process if you are a new user. It has several features such as Reminders, Payroll Review, Direct Deposit, Tax Reporting and Tax filing (we do not use the tax filing feature since we already had a process in place before it was introduced). It is integrated into the Wave accounting platform (we use some other Wave apps as well) and has support for both full-time and part-time employees. Signing up new employees is straightforward. The Wave Team provides excellent customer service and responds to questions / requests in reasonable time. They are also open to collaborating with their clients to get feedback and make the solution better.

Rita Viana

I wish I found about this sooner

Reviewed 2018-04-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This is the best place to organize payments, finances, and payroll. Seriously! It's so easy to setup and a breeze to use. I feel hugged everytime I use wave. They added an Accounting area that it's amazing. I can't say enough how much I love this program. They integrate with paypal, your bank account, etsy! You can create your own invoice template with your logo and colors for free!

Cons
I can't find anything in waves that make me want to find another service. There are no cons, they keep adding new features.

Kamilah Jolly

I love Wave

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Pros
I love Wave! It is awesome. The payroll feature is easy to use and the transaction tagging is very easy.

Cons
I do not have very many complaints if any at all. The support staff responds very quickly to any issues or concerns that a user may have.

Shannon Keefe

Great product

Reviewed 2018-11-29

I love that it is easy to use and figure out. Costumer service is helpful. Very affordable. Perfect for my small business.

Pros
Easy to use. Spells out taxes. Simple. Affordable

Cons
Not much. Really good product. I love the payroll feature too much to have a con.

Jenifer Nance

Reviewed 2018-08-21

Have great success at accounting, banking and my payroll just got easier. I can print reports. Very Happy. Wave On

Pros
Its Free and very easy to use. Many options.

Cons
Haven't found any issues with the software

Justin Ekins

Easy to use but feature rich bookkeeping and payroll for small business

Reviewed 2015-08-12

Previously I had QuickBooks online. They were ok, but they cost me about five times the price, and their system has certain traditional accounting options that are way too much for me. Wave does great simple accounting at a really cheap price. I recommend it for any small business owner who needs something they can handle on their own without hiring their own accountant. The only reason I didn't give Customer Service 5 stars is because these folks are located in the eastern time zone and I'm in Hawaii, so I basically never got to talk to them when I paid extra for the phone support because they yabba-dabba-do on home at 5pm EST -- pretty classic, old fashioned business hours. Now I'm back on e-mail support and it's fine -- cheaper anyway. Phone or e-mail, the support staff are all genuine and work with you on a sincere one-to-one basis... no BS'ing or shining people on. Good people; focused, and responsible.

Anonymous

One of my favorite pieces of Wave Apps!

Reviewed 2018-02-13

Pros
The Payroll section of Wave is wonderful. After getting it setup it only takes minutes to enter in timesheets and run it.

Very Intuitive and Easy to Use Payroll Software

Reviewed 2018-08-03

Pros
Payroll by Wave is very easy to use, very intuitive, and it's great that it sent payroll reminders and showed you the total amount to withdraw. Direct deposit is another handy feature!

Cons
No complaints at all! I only had good experiences with Payroll by Wave!

Andrew Norris

Wave Payroll - Super Simple Payroll

Reviewed 2015-08-28

We've been using Wave Payroll for the past two years for both Canadian and US employees. It's by far the easiest service we've ever used. - Employees have commented how easily and quickly they get their tax information and direct deposit setup. Payment by direct deposit works great every time, if they have questions, they can view their stubs online easily. - I don't have to event think about CRA or US tax remittances, it just happens automatically - Getting T4s, T5s, W2, W3, forms 940 and 941 every year couldn't be easier and they integrate nicely into the accounting part of the service as well - Automatically filed ROEs are also a nice touch - Having the payroll service integrated with our invoicing and accounting software just makes everything run smoothly, and saves us a ton of time every month

Anonymous

I absolutely love it! Just get excited thinking about going back!

Reviewed 2018-05-05

Pros
I love the simplicity of it. I am not an accountant, and they make me feel like I am! Haha I love that I feel secure using them to.

Cons
Personally, it's not that the customer support is bad, but it's not as attentive to me as I would like it.

Alexandra Serrano

I love Wave!

Reviewed 2018-04-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This has been the best online payroll tool we've had. Although, since you can have it for free it can surprise as to how good the product is. Not complicated at all, very user-friendly and most important, gets the job done.

Cons
I really share no bad feelings towards the product. Ever since we've used it for our small company it has worked very well.

Michael S Tan

Good for very small business, up to 20 employees? But if you will grow, then this is not for you

Reviewed 2019-10-16

Support is ok, but one time there was a delay on payroll from Wave's end, and it was 5PM on a friday, the support team cut us off and we were left in a lurch. Not exactly a great feeling. We will be moving off Wave as soon as we can. We will looking at payroll in Quickbooks online, ADP/Cerdian, and BlueMarble

Pros
It is easy and straight forward to run a payroll and to setup new employees.

Cons
Reporting is terrible. I cannot run summary reports by department, YTD, so on. It has very basic reporting, so if you are a 5 person shop, this will work. If you are going to scale and need to split costs by department, it will be painful.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Anonymous

Good but could be better, still new

Reviewed 2018-07-21

Pros
They are a good value for the service, but they don't have full service payroll in many states yet and paying taxes on your own can be tough

Cons
They don't have full services payroll, and support is slow to respond. I imagine this will get better over time.

Maggie Geiser

I recommend cost-effective solutions for small businesses and non-profit organizations

Reviewed 2015-08-15

Pros: Easy to use, extremely cost effective, direct deposit and Revenue Canada remittances, transmit payrolls in advance, cannot run off-cycle pay runs Cons: Cannot schedule off-cycle pay runs. For most business owners not being able to schedule off-cycle pay runs is an excellent safe guard to ensure (in Canada) that CPP and EI calculations are correct. As a professional I sometimes need to do to do this and have developed workarounds to ensure that Wave payroll still is my solution of choice. Overall it's an excellent product with great customer support.

Casey Herrmann

Easy to use payroll system with no frills

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-09-17

Overall I love Wave and the Payroll system. Consider starting a free trial to look around the program.

Pros
I have used Wave accounting and recently added on the payroll system for my 2 employees. It was so easy to set up my account and even easier to submit time and get them paid through direct deposit. The employees like being able to log on and see their stubs. The fees are so affordable for a small business. Highly recommend!

Cons
Wave was just bought by QuickBooks and I am concerned about how the acquisition will affect this program.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Peter Keung

Simple, clean, and powerful

Reviewed 2014-11-24

Payroll by Wave makes it easy to schedule payrolls; adjust deductions, salaries, bonuses, and so on; it handles automatic remittances; and it's affordable. It has an intuitive interface. I can fully recommend it after having evaluated it against its online competitors, having used it for 2 years, and having come from many years of struggles with ADP. The only thing I'm waiting on is multi-currency support on its payments add-on: https://support.waveapps.com/entries/22235625-Multi-currency-support-for-Payments-by-Stripe

Free but hidden problems

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-03-15

Pros
Best thing about it is that it is free but the features are amazing for a free tool. It has a dashboard that allows you to see charts for overdue invoices, bank accounts and credit cards. The invoice templates are great, as this makes it easy to use and you can customized them too. Great way to track and use.

Cons
My biggest problem was customer support, very limited and useless. There is a hidden fee that is not mentioned which should be disclosed. A bit of a trust issue with this system.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Nadim Naser

Great people, great service

Reviewed 2015-08-11

I have been utilizing Wave's services for a while now. It started with invoicing only and I have since upgraded to Payroll by Wave. Their communication and services are both excellent, as well as their pricing. I recommend any small business owner to make use of their services. You speak to real people and they are very at tentative and knowledgeable. They even go out of their way to help find solutions to your questions they don'e "have to answer". Great experience.