Wave Payroll

Payroll solution for small businesses

Wave Payroll Reviews

Pros

Wave Accounting is definitely one of the best companies for accounting, and their payroll app has really come out on top. It's easy to use, easy to learn, and the user experience is optimal.

Ashley A.

I love that it is easy to use and figure out. Costumer service is helpful.

Shannon K.

Overall the experience has been a great one, it has been reliable for the last year.

Britta N.

Lawrence D.

It is really ugly and you can't customize the features and the service, because it doesn't left you enough control over the payroll.

Anyugel M.

Negative option for signing up. Lack of user friendly interface.

4.3

Good until you Deactivate

Transcript

Barbara H.: Hello, my name is Barbara. I am a human capital manager. I would rate Wave probably about...

If was any simpler it'd be illegal

Super simple. We were actually able to get everything set-up in 4 hours, not missing a beat, employees were paid on time and reporting cash in - cash out doesn't require a degree from MIT.

Pros

I can't even begin to say how SIMPLE it is! I was looking for something that my Daughter and Wife could use to do AR/AP as well as payroll. It took me literally 4 hours to get 237 employees added with their payroll information. Didn't miss a payday :-)

Cons

The invoicing was/is clunky. You only have 3 designs to choose from. I haven't found a way to import designs from another invoicing software that I was using. I'd kind of like to just have one......but it's not too important right now.

Wave is better than Xero & QuickBooks

My overall experience has been spectacular. It was easy for me to add bank accounts and integrate other key extensions. I prefer this over Xero only because it's free and easy to use on both mobile and desktop. It's packed with many things that I still have to explore when I get the chance. I think everyone should give this software a shot before they decide on moving on to a paid platform.

Pros

I like that it's completely free and has many easy aspects of adding receipts, reporting, tracking your expenses, bank accounts and more. I compared it with other bookkeeping software and Wave is the best because it's free and does the same things as other platforms but more. I will mainly be using this in my business to keep track of taxes and file it accordingly.

Cons

There are no cons for me for this software as I recently started using it. I think the only thing they should do is continuously adding more features and updates.

Nice on the eyes, poor on performance

You get what you pay for. Great for when things were super, super simple, but at 11 employees, I'm ready to ditch for something that can really help us when we really need it to just work. Wave doesn't.

Pros

User-facing pages are nice looking, invoices and other docs look professional.

Cons

Customer service is mainly by chatting with a bot. They have no help pages. The bot is generally useless and we have to eventually email for support. They have no phone support at all. Off-boarding a dismissed employee makes it look as if they have not thought through the process. Beneath this all the time is the constant annoyance with how long every operation takes. Their site is noticeable slow compared to many others, and for just about everything.

Wave Payroll

Pros

I use this to check my payroll and keep a schedule for payments, it is easy and user-friendly plus there is a direct deposit option so employees are not getting paper stubs.

Cons

The software is probably better suited for smaller companies, after a certain number you will be charged for additional users.

I have been using WaveApp For 2 years

Pros

I absolutely love Waveapp. It is easy to use to manage my client invoices, estimates, employee payroll, and track business expenses.

Cons

The only drawback is waiting several days for funds to be transferred to your bank account. When my clients make a payment, I get a notification that I have been paid, however, those funds take a few days before they actually show up in my bank. It would be great if Waveapp was a bank as well.

Good until you Deactivate

We cancelled our subscription because the system cannot process QC payroll. Now we have an outstanding balance that we can't pay unless we reactivate... ok... reactivated.... now it won't show us the balance due. The customer service is of ZERO assistance. This is a platform issue that seriously needs to be fixed. FAIL. Based on this alone, I would not recommend.... it's been a 2 mth nightmare.

Pros

The platform is easy to use... regarding payroll only.

Cons

Bit of a useless system when it can't complete all of Canada payroll. QC not accepted.

I love Wave

Pros

I love Wave! It is awesome. The payroll feature is easy to use and the transaction tagging is very easy.

Cons

I do not have very many complaints if any at all. The support staff responds very quickly to any issues or concerns that a user may have.

Wave Payroll

Have great success at accounting, banking and my payroll just got easier. I can print reports. Very Happy. Wave On

Pros

Its Free and very easy to use. Many options.

Cons

Haven't found any issues with the software

Good but could be better, still new

Pros

They are a good value for the service, but they don't have full service payroll in many states yet and paying taxes on your own can be tough

Cons

They don't have full services payroll, and support is slow to respond. I imagine this will get better over time.

Free but hidden problems

Pros

Best thing about it is that it is free but the features are amazing for a free tool. It has a dashboard that allows you to see charts for overdue invoices, bank accounts and credit cards. The invoice templates are great, as this makes it easy to use and you can customized them too. Great way to track and use.

Cons

My biggest problem was customer support, very limited and useless. There is a hidden fee that is not mentioned which should be disclosed. A bit of a trust issue with this system.

Simple and easy to use as their name!

We appreciate the web based option for sheets to allow our remote workforce to access timecards, time off requests, and pay stubs from their locations

Pros

No longer have to fill out and turn in paper time sheets. Its very easy to use for all level employees.

Cons

At the end of every week it takes about 6 hours to punch in and key all missed punches from employees. But I do recommend the use of this software.

Love this software!

Pros

I have been using this for payroll and book keeping for the last several years. It is super easy to use and has almost all the features I need. I create T4s on it and can invoice clients!

Cons

I wish it could allow staff access to enter their own hours then I could approve them. This feature would make a big difference!

The BEST, most simple accounting software

With wave accounting I am able to easily create invoices and bills. I am able to effortlessly pay contractors & employees with direct deposit.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, price, features & design.

Cons

Some solutions require a work around that is not intuitive.

Love Wave App!

Pros

It's a great software for billing and invoicing clients, vendors, employees, and independent contractors. I love the ability to send the invoices via email and getting paid within the system. It's simply, easy to use and have a variety of features including, connecting your financial institution to the app for payment, saving and exporting data and interface is very clean.

Cons

The mobile interface does not work very well. The app sometimes crashes. Other than that, there no other cons with the software.

No More Payroll Headaches

This software has saved me a ton of time and frustration. When I have questuins they respnd quickly to help me out.

Pros

This sodtware makes it simple to do payroll for my company. The handle all of the taxes and scheduling of payroll liability payments. I love that they automatically fill out my employee tax forms.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is that I can’t set up payroll to run automatically each week. You need to run payroll and approve it. My employees are salary so the pay is the same each week.

Ideal for Small Business

We have been using Payroll by Wave for quite a few years now and are very happy with it. We are one of the top immigration law firms based in Pittsburgh, PA and our mission is to provide affordable experienced representation and personal case handling to cost-conscious clients and businesses. We have very caring and passionate employees that help us achieve our mission. Payroll by Wave is the...

Cons

I wish I found about this sooner

Pros

This is the best place to organize payments, finances, and payroll. Seriously! It's so easy to setup and a breeze to use. I feel hugged everytime I use wave. They added an Accounting area that it's amazing. I can't say enough how much I love this program. They integrate with paypal, your bank account, etsy! You can create your own invoice template with your logo and colors for free!

Cons

I can't find anything in waves that make me want to find another service. There are no cons, they keep adding new features.

Great product

I love that it is easy to use and figure out. Costumer service is helpful. Very affordable. Perfect for my small business.

Pros

Easy to use. Spells out taxes. Simple. Affordable

Cons

Not much. Really good product. I love the payroll feature too much to have a con.

Easy to use but feature rich bookkeeping and payroll for small business

Previously I had QuickBooks online. They were ok, but they cost me about five times the price, and their system has certain traditional accounting options that are way too much for me. Wave does great simple accounting at a really cheap price. I recommend it for any small business owner who needs something they can handle on their own without hiring their own accountant. The only reason I didn't...

Cons

One of my favorite pieces of Wave Apps!

Pros

The Payroll section of Wave is wonderful. After getting it setup it only takes minutes to enter in timesheets and run it.

Very Intuitive and Easy to Use Payroll Software

Pros

Payroll by Wave is very easy to use, very intuitive, and it's great that it sent payroll reminders and showed you the total amount to withdraw. Direct deposit is another handy feature!

Cons

No complaints at all! I only had good experiences with Payroll by Wave!

Wave Payroll - Super Simple Payroll

We've been using Wave Payroll for the past two years for both Canadian and US employees. It's by far the easiest service we've ever used. - Employees have commented how easily and quickly they get their tax information and direct deposit setup. Payment by direct deposit works great every time, if they have questions, they can view their stubs online easily. - I don't have to event think about CRA...

Cons

I absolutely love it! Just get excited thinking about going back!

Pros

I love the simplicity of it. I am not an accountant, and they make me feel like I am! Haha I love that I feel secure using them to.

Cons

Personally, it's not that the customer support is bad, but it's not as attentive to me as I would like it.

This is very DIY and was missing important things

Pros

Price. Seemed like less $ than other services. We were using Wave for accounting and that software has more good things going. For someone with a DIY mentality around Taxes and regulatory alignment, I guess this could be ok.

Cons

They missed some notes about things we need to file and it cost us money and time.

I love Wave!

Pros

This has been the best online payroll tool we've had. Although, since you can have it for free it can surprise as to how good the product is. Not complicated at all, very user-friendly and most important, gets the job done.

Cons

I really share no bad feelings towards the product. Ever since we've used it for our small company it has worked very well.