I am a huge fan of MyCase. Let me tell you why:
1. MyCase is extremely navigable. It is easy to understand and use. In a world where many attorneys are afraid of technology and change, that is really useful.
2. MyCase has a feature on every page view called "add an item." Unlike competitors, it ACTUALLY allows you to add any item whatsoever (notes, calendar entries, new files, contacts - you name it, it can be done), link it to people or cases, and perform ALL NECESSARY TASKS/FUNCTIONS from basically one screen view. That means, for instance, I can manage most case files without having to actually toggle through each file, saving me loads of time and energy.
3. MyCase has the best workflow management feature I have found to date. First and foremost, MyCase allows for the SIMPLE, INTUITIVE, QUICK creation of a workflow. Within that workflow, it allows you to edit tasks and add subtasks within tasks (BRILLIANT, WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE DO THAT???). I cannot stress this enough - subtasks are necessary, they are useful, and I would die without them. Or at least my pristine file management would.
4. MyCase saves mouseclicks. I cannot express to you, the reader, how important this is over time. I don't want to have to click on a search bar, then click on a case, then wait for the case to load, then click notes, then click add a note, then add my note and click done, and then click something else and something else and something else. SOLID APP. I have run out of characters!
There isn't much that I hate about MyCase, if anything.
1. My MOST IMPORTANT request has always been that, once a workflow is created, we are given the opportunity to REORDER tasks within the workflow (not just subtasks). If this were provided to me, I'm pretty sure every single request I have ever made (and there are a LOT of them) would have been addressed.
2. My second request would be for the phone app (at least on iOS) to be a little more robust and similar to the web-based version. My current workaround is just logging in on my mobile browser, but it's a little cumbersome. It saves me in a pinch when I need it, but otherwise I tend to avoid using MyCase on the go.
3. Oh, one final thing - MyCase performs maintenance on Tuesdays at 10PM (Pacific), which is a prime time for me to be working, so that sometimes cuts into my productivity. However, I totally get why they have to - that's 1AM on the east coast and they need to be done by the time the east is waking up and working. So, I always try to take the "oops, MyCase is no longer available" as a sign that I should stop working.