MyCase Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.42/10

Reviews by rating

Top 3 alternatives

I like the ability to easily communicate with staff and clients about their legal issues. The automation is very good and allows tasks to be done in half the time without automation.
I have made a couple suggestions to improve the software and both changes have been made. Their customer support is outstanding.
Our firm uses this for EVERYTHING. I am very pleased with MyCase and will continue to recommend it to other firms.
The function to submit a question does not result in any feedback at all. The program is now getting glitchy and the newest update is just terrible looking and terrible functionally.
So, I always try to take the "oops, MyCase is no longer available" as a sign that I should stop working.
I am worried that quality will decline after the recent buyout.

MN

Mark N.

Attorney/CEO

Ease of Use and Best in Class

Transcript

Mark N.: Hello. I'm Mark. I'm an attorney, and I give MyCase a rating of five. For more reviews like...

DM

Diana M.

Office Manager/Legal Assistant

Best Case Management Software Available

Transcript

Diana: My name is Diana. I'm an office manager for a law firm. And I give MyCase a five out of five....

M. Wayne T.

Easy and Efficient Case Management

I began using MyCase when it was relatively young. As a result it has been easy to master each new feature as it has been introduced. Tech support is responsive and helpful when needed. MyCase continues to add features based on input and suggestions from users and there seems to be a focus on staying current and relevant to demands of law office management.

Pros

From the beginning, it was easy to use, and as it has evolved, it remains user friendly. It eliminates the need for a paper file. One of the best features is that clients have access to their case, documents, calendar, billing and to their attorney. The messaging function eliminates voice messages and most phone calls. Clients can leave questions at any time of day or night and will have a documented answer without telephone tag. Overall case management is significantly more efficient than paper files.

Cons

The creation of Automated documents has been disappointing. The feature exists but is not as user friendly as the rest of the software. The recent integration with Dropbox is confusing as well but I suppose that may be my lack of familiarity with how it functions.

Thank you for your review. We are always grateful for customers like you that have been with us since the beginning, and who help us continue to improve and grow. We are sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties with the recent document and Dropbox updates, and a member of our product team has reached out to hear your feedback in more detail. We look forward to many more years of partnership and continuing to improve your experience!

SS

Sandeep S.

MyCase Review

Overall, MyCase is a great program to use. It's fairly user friendly and easy to integrate into your firm as a new system. Its also easy to explain to a new employee to use. It could have a few additional features that would take it to the next level, and hopefully they will get there soon.

Pros

MyCase has a solid product. Their Customer Service team is fantastic. We had a really old billing program and they transferred all of my data and set up my new client files. The software is very easy to use overall. They have a few minor items that they could improve to make it even more robust, but overall, it gets the job done. The best thing about the software is the ease of inputting billing and expenses and the DocuSign feature is amazing.

Cons

The things I like least are that on the Expenses tab, they do not have a box that tells you the Total Expenses. You have to go to an entirely different tab to get the total Expenses. That makes ZERO sense. I have asked them to fix this issue at least 27 times to no avail so far.In addition, their MyCaseDrive is a great feature, but its cost prohibitive to add on. I wish it was integrated already in the package.

BS

Bob S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Wish they would update their app

Overall it is definitely worth the money charged as they have great features all of which is available and working on the computer.

Pros

I really appreciate the ease in which they allow us to manage our clients as well as our calendar on the computer.

Cons

It's truly frustrating that they refuse to update their app, making it very difficult for us to keep track of our time or our notes through our phones.

DK

David K.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Solid and easy to use product

Customer service is excellent.

Pros

Incredibly easy to set up and use. Our new employees learn the program immediately. The calendar system is excellent. Invoices are usually easy to create and forward to clients.

Cons

The interplay between trust and regular checking accounts is unnecessarily complicated. Mycase needs to institute a system for split billing, for example, for guardian ad litem cases where a total bill is divided between two parties. Further, there are odd and unnecessary restrictions completing reports.

DM

Darlene M.

Law Practice, self-employed

MyCase has grown up

My kiss has been excellent to me and to my staff. The higher price version of this program is sold for four times the amount that I pay for my case. I’m so happy with my case and I love the additions that you’re making

Pros

It is incredibly efficient for managing a law firm with one person and many clients. It makes it easy to run a solo practice because of the timing tracking the task tracking and the billing

Cons

It is very hard to get someone on the phone to talk to them about a situation with my case. As an older attorney I don’t always like to just read an FAQ I like to ask some questions and talk to a person that’s not a bot. It used to be the people would answer the phone to help you but that’s not the case anymore according to my own experience. I would like to see more in program additions rather than third-party vendors as it increased my bottom line

MT

Monica T.

Has been an asset

Pros

Billing and Invoicing. Time Tracking and the ability to track pretty much everything.

Cons

Work flows aeem like a great asset but not easy to set up. A straight tickler system would be great.

CT

Cissina T.

Great Software

It has been a great experience especially compared to other software I have used at other firms.

Pros

It is very easy to use and navigate. There are many different ways to complete certain tasks or get to certain screens which is nice.

Cons

It would be nice to link clients themselves to calendar events and not HAVE to use a case (such as what you can do with leads). The fallacy in only being able to link leads OR cases is if you have someone call in whose case is closed and they want a new appointment on a new matter. In that case, you cannot link their closed case.

BS

Brenda S.

Legal Services, self-employed

Sr. Litigation Paralegal/Owner

Exceptional customer service and tech support.

Pros

I have used this software since September 2015 roughly, and it has been a valuable integration of the company. MyCase keeps improving and adding other software. I see LawToolBox is coming, and we will be able to integrate it with MyCase.

Cons

I cannot really think of any cons at this time.

SS

Stephen S.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

MyCase makes law firm management of client work matters doable!

90-95% positive. For what I use it for, it is highly capable and consistently without fail.

Pros

It's intuitive, scalable, and very reliable.

Cons

The email component could be improved upon. It is limited in terms of grouping & keeping email together in a single thread, and tying into external email platforms.

WM

William M.

Legal Services, self-employed

I use MyCase daily and find it very beneficial

This program makes my billing much easier and monitoring phone history and tracking incoming and outgoing phone calls.

Pros

I use MyCase mostly for time records and billing. It is a very easy and useful to generate billing statements. It is helpful to track addresses and phone numbers of clients.

Cons

I would love if the interface automatically recorded telephone conferences as billable time.

WG

Willem Galen G.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

It's easy to use and you can start simply and add features

I have practiced for a long time. When I began I worked for a big firm that valued tracking billing time above all else. This was a good experience. When I started my firm I was always good at keeping track of time. Mycase makes it easier. A lawyer rarely bills all their time. But tracking every minute should be the goal. Integration of docu-sign and ability to keep all data about a case within the software makes for more efficient practice.

Pros

The time recording, case/contact data storage, docusign, billing features are what I started using. I used abacus before cloud based practice mgt software was available. I have used Clio. Mycase is more intuitive than other practice mgt software programs with which I have experience. It is easier to use. I was slow to use some of the better features like templates. I realized that I could distinguish...

Cons

Slightly more detail on creation of templates from judicial council forms would be helpful. I imagine CA is a big market. CA has court approved forms for civil litigation and family law. Family law is the most form driven area of CA state litigation. Why not pre-load Petition FL-100, Summons FL-110, Response FL-120, Declaration re Minors FL-105, Income and Expense Declaration FL-150, Request for Orders FL-300, Responsive Decl Request for Orders FL-320, Asset and Debt Declarations FL-142 and FL-160 into mycase? If you do you will have a marketing tool for family law attorneys.

BH

Brent H.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

A Great Product That Continues to Grow and Bring Value

MyCase has provided the opportunity for my firm to coordinate activity between staff, set and track critical date, as well as maintain an overall awareness of the business from a financial standpoint.

Pros

Ease of use. Receptiveness to adding services and options. The ability to track leads. Dropbox integration. Billing is institutive.

Cons

Would like top see the options in the mobile app catchup with the online capabilities, especially accepting payments.

MM

Margaret M.

Law Practice, self-employed

Mycase has made billing so much easier

The biggest problem it solved for me was prompt invoicing and trust account management.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Excellent online tutorials and telephone support. I can put invoices together so quickly and I have all of my contacts and important info at my fingertips. Also, available for use on my iPad. I've recommended mycase to other attorneys.

Cons

I wish it integrated with my automated forms. Unfortunately I'm wrapping up my use of mycase because I found another practice management software which works with my automated forms which means that I only have to enter certain information once. It is unfortunate because I don't like the new practice management software as much.

MN

Mark N.

Ease of Use and Best in Class

Without Mycase I don't believe I would have been able to start and build my practice as I have.

Pros

I love the ability to have all my cases available via digital. I can share the documents with my clients and communicate with them via the client portal. All in one solution.

Cons

I would like them to have more integration, like with Onedrive, Google Drive.

RS

Rachelle S.

Love the system

I’m very very happy with mycase.

Pros

Client management is incredibly easy with this software. Keeps all Court dates, documents, billing, etc. I can select what I want the client to see too, which also keeps them from calling constantly as they can see what’s going on in their case. I can also do weekly billing and see who exactly is overdue. We also do weekly calendar meetings to assess any upcoming conflicts on the calendar. It is all very user friendly and pretty intuitive. This is my favorite client management software.

Cons

The mobile app. Being a litigation attorney, I am in court all the time. So using the app is my saving grace for many things, but it needs some serious updating. You can still see your calendar and still see that people are overdue (but can’t see by how much or when). It’s easy to access the clients information so you can call them if you put their number in the system, etc. However, you can’t open...

MB

Majken B.

MyCase Daily User Experience

MyCase has been a wonderful tool for our firm. It allows for a more digital experience for both users and clients. MyCase is always updating to stay ahead of the current trends and needs, and they never take a long time to correct issues when they are reported. I love the MyCase staff which is always helpful and willing to explain things so we better understand why or why not something is the way...

Pros

What I love the most about this software is that it's always updating features and areas of needed interest. I love that the MyCase team is always there to take a concern, suggestion or edit that may be needed or wanted. I love that it's ALMOST an all in one system. I love that you can do customizing within the software on the end user side as well, without having to contact MyCase for most of them. I love that this is easy to learn, use and contact support. I love that MyCase is always willing to update to stay current.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the inability to filter OPEN and CLOSED cases in the Trust Account Activity and Trust Account Summary. We use this section for a quick check on which cases has a balance and which cases don't, but it shows EVERY case we have in MyCase without a way to filter out Closed. We have far too many cases open to check one by one. I also like least about this software that you have to request engineering to re-add Contact Groups that you delete, when it was added by the end user in the first place. An accidental delete of a contact group takes too much involvement to have re-added and we end up creating new ones. I also like least about this software that the App and the Desktop version are so much different in a few areas that are used most in our office.

Alan D.

MyCase Legal Case Management Review

MyCase has allowed us to provide more detailed information internally for each case, given our clients more interaction with their case, and communication flows well using the messaging function, payment can be easier (we use the e-check function, which is currently free with the software), and having a central system for the office makes it easier for us to work from multiple locations. There are...

Pros

Bank grade encryption of data and documents. Ability to give clients access to their own portal, which is very easy to use, and allows them to upload documents directly to the system with drag and drop function. Clients can message securely, have their own calendar for case related events, our firm can task clients with a checklist, and they can pay online. The Client secure access was a major reason we switched to MyCase in 2012.

Cons

I prefer to have more robust reporting functionality as it relates to managing cases by dates, and other case data. The reporting function exists but is not developed enough to capture all the data I prefer in my case management reports. Email integration is not ideal, but I understand a major upgrade is coming soon.

MW

Margy W.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

This software is AMAZING. Yes, AMAZING.

MyCase has helped streamline the law practice that I help to manage. It's usability and features have made my life easier, and have made my management of case and client files more consistent, both front and back. Clients all receive the same level of excellent care, and I feel good knowing that by applying my workflows, I'm not missing anything. MyCase task management features are completely worth...

Pros

I am a huge fan of MyCase. Let me tell you why: 1. MyCase is extremely navigable. It is easy to understand and use. In a world where many attorneys are afraid of technology and change, that is really useful. 2. MyCase has a feature on every page view called "add an item." Unlike competitors, it ACTUALLY allows you to add any item whatsoever (notes, calendar entries, new files, contacts - you name...

Cons

There isn't much that I hate about MyCase, if anything. 1. My MOST IMPORTANT request has always been that, once a workflow is created, we are given the opportunity to REORDER tasks within the workflow (not just subtasks). If this were provided to me, I'm pretty sure every single request I have ever made (and there are a LOT of them) would have been addressed. 2. My second request would be for...

CD

Chris D.

The Best Practice Management Solution Everywhere

Pros

1. The best feature about Mycase is the client portal and client communication tools. This helps us automate some essential functions like sharing documents, court dates, deadlines, and obtaining information from clients to cut down on staff time. Now instead of dealing with "update calls" and requests for copies from our clients are able to focus on other tasks. 2. The workflows feature helps...

Cons

The one feature that needs work is email integration (saving emails sent and received to Mycase). The feature as it stands today requires a good deal of manual matching of emails to cases, a tedious task. I believe it would work better if they integrated email through IMAP or POP and allowed you to access and send external emails through Mycase, which would aid the sync process quite a bit.

TP

Tray P.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

review

Great product. Seems the focus is on other areas besides client connection when client communication and connection is the best part of the entire program. Streamling

Pros

Ease of use. App. Interface. Design. Client communication and ease of billing.

Cons

Costly, no auto responses capability in communications. So, if I'm not available or out of town and a client messages me, it could be a week before there is a response. Also, if a client messages my legal assistant, that message doesn't show up under my messages. All messages from that client to any in the firm should be able to be seen by all.

Hi Tray, thank you for sharing how MyCase has streamlined your billing and client communication. Regarding visibility into client messages, MyCase now allows you to enable all client message notifications for any firm member that has access to that case. Learn more here: https://help.mycase.com/s/article/Messaging-Overview. Our product team has also read and is discussing your thoughts on auto-responses, we appreciate the feedback. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to support@mycase.com. Thank you for partnering with MyCase as we continue to improve on your experience.

JG

Jill G.

Paperless functionality

I have had mycase since 2013. I used to lug massive tubs of files. Now I carry my iPad and make the other attorneys jealous. My back, arms, and shoulders thank me for the subscription. I have used the service since 2013 and have watched it grow to fit attorneys' needs. The current versions are wonderful.

Pros

I can access all of my case files, police reports, court reports and documents anywhere. I carry an iPad to court. The other attorneys carry a back breaking stack of files. When a Judge thought I had to be goofing around, he was shocked when I showed him Mycase and how I was doing my billing, document review, and communicating to my office while waiting for my turn in the Courtroom.

Cons

It took a long time to get the billing options right. I hated having to integrate with Quickbooks and the sync not work correctly. I finally can print past due statements with a lot more ease. Thank you for fixing it. I would love to be able to access amount due on the road from the app on my phone.

GS

Grace S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

MyCase has made my practice workable with minimal staff and monetary investment

I am able to work at home and at locations and times convenient to clients; I can offer work-at-home opportunities to staff; storage is no longer an issue since my office is almost entirely "paperless"; I have been able to reduce the number of support staff; the return calls I have to make has been greatly reduced because there is no longer a need to locate files and contact others to ensure everything is up to date; I have an efficient means of tailoring case management based on the type of case or client

Pros

--I am able to access and update my entire case files from anywhere; --my staff can view the same information I am, when I am away from the office --it is easy to adjust to the specific requirements of my practice; for example, I can set up a "case" for all my administrative information ("Office Admin, 2018"), including documents, time, and expenses

Cons

--the software allows firm specific information to be input, but is limited on its usefulness; for example, I have a field for travel time as part of a time entry, but the invoice only shows the total time --the inability to store documents with a contact as opposed to a case; for example, I use a particular therapist on multiple cases but I cannot attach her resume to her contact information; to be rapidly accessible, I must store the same document with every case --the calendar can only be printed in an agenda format; to print monthly or weekly views, I must go outside the software to a sync'd calendar

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that there is a way to store documents as part of a contact, and a member of our product team has reached out to help you through the process. We have also taken note of your thoughts on calendar printing and invoicing, and will be taking it into consideration for improvements in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team! Your continued support and feedback is appreciated.

MyCase is the most intuitive and easiest to navigate system I've tried out of many.

Primarily, the ability to run my practice as a true solo, and to be able to work from anywhere and be as responsive as my clients need and expect me to be.

Pros

I like having everything in one place. Being able to access everything I need about my clients, opposing counsel, documents, billing, etc. makes it so I can follow up with my clients wherever I am. That's invaluable to me. My clients can pay online, I can send invoicing reminders, and now I can add interest. Calendaring is really a plus because when I enter it into MyCase it automatically sends...

Cons

There's nothing I dislike, but there are always room for improvements. I'd love expanded searchability for documents and enhanced sorting. The trust accounting is a bit of a nightmare for me, so that can definitely be cleaned up. More than anything, I'd like them to maybe partner with some people. I'd love to be able to scan something directly from my ScanSnap to MyCase, or even have a desktop app that I could save documents to that would automatically sync with MyCase. Last, enhanced time entry would be a godsend. If I'm sending a message, it'd be nice if something popped up when I hit send to ask if I'd like to bill for it. Same for taking notes in the clients file.

Thank you for sharing how MyCase helps you run your practice more efficiently. We appreciate your thorough feedback and have passed on your suggestions to our product team! We are also happy to share that we have updated our time entry so that you can now create time entries based on messages, notes, & events.

JH

Juanita H.

Small but mighty

I love Mycase. I use it for everything. I use it to chat with staff, message clients, email courts, I store documents that I can attach to emails all while never leaving MyCase. It's a one stop shop.

Pros

I love that the software is user friendly. If you can use Facebook, you can use MyCase. Older clients are always hesitant until they use it for the first time. It makes client communications (regardless of method--text, call, e-mail, message) simple to maintain and to track. My staff and I can stay on the same page about what is being communicated to clients because it's all in the case file!

Cons

The third party integrations could use some work. MyCase doesn't allow for Zapier and so it means things are a little less automatic and requires a person to go in and do things. Some times that is a bit time consuming. They have added a number of third party integrations that are phenomenal.

MD

Michelle D.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Robust program that keeps improving

Pros

I've used MyCase since mid-2012 and it keeps getting better. It has helped me be able to grow from a solo practice into a multi-attorney boutique firm. They are constantly adding and improving features, and actively seek customer feedback to provide features that users want. As a business owner, the impact it has had on clients paying on time is tremendous. Clients have a very positive view as well - they love being able to log in at any time of day to get updates, post documents or leave notes for us. Cannot say enough good things about MyCase.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment......