MyCase Reviews

Pros

I have made a couple suggestions to improve the software and both changes have been made. Their customer support is outstanding.

Kristen H.

I like the ability to easily communicate with staff and clients about their legal issues. The automation is very good and allows tasks to be done in half the time without automation.

Rahlita T.

Our firm uses this for EVERYTHING. I am very pleased with MyCase and will continue to recommend it to other firms.

Amber W.

Cons

The function to submit a question does not result in any feedback at all. The program is now getting glitchy and the newest update is just terrible looking and terrible functionally.

Karin F.

So, I always try to take the "oops, MyCase is no longer available" as a sign that I should stop working.

Margy W.

I am worried that quality will decline after the recent buyout.

Lauren T.

Ease of Use and Best in Class

Transcript

Mark N.: Hello. I'm Mark. I'm an attorney, and I give MyCase a rating of five. For more reviews like...

Best Case Management Software Available

Transcript

Diana: My name is Diana. I'm an office manager for a law firm. And I give MyCase a five out of five....

Easy and Efficient Case Management

I began using MyCase when it was relatively young. As a result it has been easy to master each new feature as it has been introduced. Tech support is responsive and helpful when needed. MyCase continues to add features based on input and suggestions from users and there seems to be a focus on staying current and relevant to demands of law office management.

Pros

From the beginning, it was easy to use, and as it has evolved, it remains user friendly. It eliminates the need for a paper file. One of the best features is that clients have access to their case, documents, calendar, billing and to their attorney. The messaging function eliminates voice messages and most phone calls. Clients can leave questions at any time of day or night and will have a documented answer without telephone tag. Overall case management is significantly more efficient than paper files.

Cons

The creation of Automated documents has been disappointing. The feature exists but is not as user friendly as the rest of the software. The recent integration with Dropbox is confusing as well but I suppose that may be my lack of familiarity with how it functions.

Thank you for your review. We are always grateful for customers like you that have been with us since the beginning, and who help us continue to improve and grow. We are sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties with the recent document and Dropbox updates, and a member of our product team has reached out to hear your feedback in more detail. We look forward to many more years of partnership and continuing to improve your experience!

Ease of Use and Best in Class

Without Mycase I don't believe I would have been able to start and build my practice as I have.

Pros

I love the ability to have all my cases available via digital. I can share the documents with my clients and communicate with them via the client portal. All in one solution.

Cons

I would like them to have more integration, like with Onedrive, Google Drive.

So glad we switched!

Transferring from Smokeball to MyCase was an easy transition. The support team is wonderful and timely.

Pros

It was easier to implement and I like that you are able to send suggestions for improvement.

Cons

I like the "indicators" when there are new messages and such. They need to have one for emails.

Maybe the best bang for your buck. Which is ok for a hamburger

It is a great software for the price. However, when it comes to software, it should either be right or it is wrong. This is not like a hamburger where a McDonald's hamburger is great for the price. For law, you need a steak burger.

Pros

The software does the billing and case management ok. The price point is very good for this product. The customer support is one of the best I have experienced. They are constantly making improvements to the software. Calendaring software works well. The payment of invoices is seamless. This works perfectly.

Cons

The software lacks a few features. For example, you have to manually bill each and every client. Also, if you have over 100 clients, then I am not sure how you keep track of invoicing them. Here are a few basic items that I think are important but are lacking: You can not set a minimum balance for a client that automatically goes on the bill. You cannot apply payments to one particular case. It gets applied to the client, not the case. Money is paid or requested by client. So, a client with multiple cases, is an issue. Drafting of documents is horrible. It controls fonts and layouts and is just bad. I use it to merge and then use Word to fix it up.

Mycase has made billing so much easier

The biggest problem it solved for me was prompt invoicing and trust account management.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Excellent online tutorials and telephone support. I can put invoices together so quickly and I have all of my contacts and important info at my fingertips. Also, available for use on my iPad. I've recommended mycase to other attorneys.

Cons

I wish it integrated with my automated forms. Unfortunately I'm wrapping up my use of mycase because I found another practice management software which works with my automated forms which means that I only have to enter certain information once. It is unfortunate because I don't like the new practice management software as much.

MyCase Legal Case Management Review

MyCase has allowed us to provide more detailed information internally for each case, given our clients more interaction with their case, and communication flows well using the messaging function, payment can be easier (we use the e-check function, which is currently free with the software), and having a central system for the office makes it easier for us to work from multiple locations. There are...

Pros

Bank grade encryption of data and documents. Ability to give clients access to their own portal, which is very easy to use, and allows them to upload documents directly to the system with drag and drop function. Clients can message securely, have their own calendar for case related events, our firm can task clients with a checklist, and they can pay online. The Client secure access was a major reason we switched to MyCase in 2012.

Cons

I prefer to have more robust reporting functionality as it relates to managing cases by dates, and other case data. The reporting function exists but is not developed enough to capture all the data I prefer in my case management reports. Email integration is not ideal, but I understand a major upgrade is coming soon.

Simplicity

I love being able to integrate and track my case from start to finish, generate a bill, share it with the client and have them make a payment that automatically gets posted and updates the bill. It really saves a LOT of time.

Pros

So there are TONS of features that make it easy for anyone to use the software. I really like having a lower learning curve as well. It is intuitive and straightforward to use.

Cons

So it is not as "glitzy" as some other law practice software (but not bad by any means), but I am not sure how helpful it is to be able to customize themes, colors or have huge fancy graphics.

Best Practice Management Software

I love MyCase and recommend to everyone I can!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is super easy to use.

Cons

The ONLY thing I don't like about this software is that it does not have the ability to sync with GoogleDrive for easier sharing options and document integration.

Great Software

Great!

Pros

Cons

The lack of automation in the Leads section.

Best Law Firm Management Software

Mycase allows me to safely double the amount of cases I am handling without any additional stress or pressure.

Pros

The software's ease of use and built in time tracking and billing components.

Cons

I wish they would integrate the software with one of the big virtual receptionist companies.

Love the system

I’m very very happy with mycase.

Pros

Client management is incredibly easy with this software. Keeps all Court dates, documents, billing, etc. I can select what I want the client to see too, which also keeps them from calling constantly as they can see what’s going on in their case. I can also do weekly billing and see who exactly is overdue. We also do weekly calendar meetings to assess any upcoming conflicts on the calendar. It is all very user friendly and pretty intuitive. This is my favorite client management software.

Cons

The mobile app. Being a litigation attorney, I am in court all the time. So using the app is my saving grace for many things, but it needs some serious updating. You can still see your calendar and still see that people are overdue (but can’t see by how much or when). It’s easy to access the clients information so you can call them if you put their number in the system, etc. However, you can’t open...

MyCase Daily User Experience

MyCase has been a wonderful tool for our firm. It allows for a more digital experience for both users and clients. MyCase is always updating to stay ahead of the current trends and needs, and they never take a long time to correct issues when they are reported. I love the MyCase staff which is always helpful and willing to explain things so we better understand why or why not something is the way...

Pros

What I love the most about this software is that it's always updating features and areas of needed interest. I love that the MyCase team is always there to take a concern, suggestion or edit that may be needed or wanted. I love that it's ALMOST an all in one system. I love that you can do customizing within the software on the end user side as well, without having to contact MyCase for most of them. I love that this is easy to learn, use and contact support. I love that MyCase is always willing to update to stay current.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the inability to filter OPEN and CLOSED cases in the Trust Account Activity and Trust Account Summary. We use this section for a quick check on which cases has a balance and which cases don't, but it shows EVERY case we have in MyCase without a way to filter out Closed. We have far too many cases open to check one by one. I also like least about this software that you have to request engineering to re-add Contact Groups that you delete, when it was added by the end user in the first place. An accidental delete of a contact group takes too much involvement to have re-added and we end up creating new ones. I also like least about this software that the App and the Desktop version are so much different in a few areas that are used most in our office.

This software is AMAZING. Yes, AMAZING.

MyCase has helped streamline the law practice that I help to manage. It's usability and features have made my life easier, and have made my management of case and client files more consistent, both front and back. Clients all receive the same level of excellent care, and I feel good knowing that by applying my workflows, I'm not missing anything. MyCase task management features are completely worth...

Pros

I am a huge fan of MyCase. Let me tell you why: 1. MyCase is extremely navigable. It is easy to understand and use. In a world where many attorneys are afraid of technology and change, that is really useful. 2. MyCase has a feature on every page view called "add an item." Unlike competitors, it ACTUALLY allows you to add any item whatsoever (notes, calendar entries, new files, contacts - you name...

Cons

There isn't much that I hate about MyCase, if anything. 1. My MOST IMPORTANT request has always been that, once a workflow is created, we are given the opportunity to REORDER tasks within the workflow (not just subtasks). If this were provided to me, I'm pretty sure every single request I have ever made (and there are a LOT of them) would have been addressed. 2. My second request would be for...

The Best Practice Management Solution Everywhere

Pros

1. The best feature about Mycase is the client portal and client communication tools. This helps us automate some essential functions like sharing documents, court dates, deadlines, and obtaining information from clients to cut down on staff time. Now instead of dealing with "update calls" and requests for copies from our clients are able to focus on other tasks. 2. The workflows feature helps...

Cons

The one feature that needs work is email integration (saving emails sent and received to Mycase). The feature as it stands today requires a good deal of manual matching of emails to cases, a tedious task. I believe it would work better if they integrated email through IMAP or POP and allowed you to access and send external emails through Mycase, which would aid the sync process quite a bit.

review

Great product. Seems the focus is on other areas besides client connection when client communication and connection is the best part of the entire program. Streamling

Pros

Ease of use. App. Interface. Design. Client communication and ease of billing.

Cons

Costly, no auto responses capability in communications. So, if I'm not available or out of town and a client messages me, it could be a week before there is a response. Also, if a client messages my legal assistant, that message doesn't show up under my messages. All messages from that client to any in the firm should be able to be seen by all.

Hi Tray, thank you for sharing how MyCase has streamlined your billing and client communication. Regarding visibility into client messages, MyCase now allows you to enable all client message notifications for any firm member that has access to that case. Learn more here: https://help.mycase.com/s/article/Messaging-Overview. Our product team has also read and is discussing your thoughts on auto-responses, we appreciate the feedback. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to support@mycase.com. Thank you for partnering with MyCase as we continue to improve on your experience.

Paperless functionality

I have had mycase since 2013. I used to lug massive tubs of files. Now I carry my iPad and make the other attorneys jealous. My back, arms, and shoulders thank me for the subscription. I have used the service since 2013 and have watched it grow to fit attorneys' needs. The current versions are wonderful.

Pros

I can access all of my case files, police reports, court reports and documents anywhere. I carry an iPad to court. The other attorneys carry a back breaking stack of files. When a Judge thought I had to be goofing around, he was shocked when I showed him Mycase and how I was doing my billing, document review, and communicating to my office while waiting for my turn in the Courtroom.

Cons

It took a long time to get the billing options right. I hated having to integrate with Quickbooks and the sync not work correctly. I finally can print past due statements with a lot more ease. Thank you for fixing it. I would love to be able to access amount due on the road from the app on my phone.

MyCase has made my practice workable with minimal staff and monetary investment

I am able to work at home and at locations and times convenient to clients; I can offer work-at-home opportunities to staff; storage is no longer an issue since my office is almost entirely "paperless"; I have been able to reduce the number of support staff; the return calls I have to make has been greatly reduced because there is no longer a need to locate files and contact others to ensure everything is up to date; I have an efficient means of tailoring case management based on the type of case or client

Pros

--I am able to access and update my entire case files from anywhere; --my staff can view the same information I am, when I am away from the office --it is easy to adjust to the specific requirements of my practice; for example, I can set up a "case" for all my administrative information ("Office Admin, 2018"), including documents, time, and expenses

Cons

--the software allows firm specific information to be input, but is limited on its usefulness; for example, I have a field for travel time as part of a time entry, but the invoice only shows the total time --the inability to store documents with a contact as opposed to a case; for example, I use a particular therapist on multiple cases but I cannot attach her resume to her contact information; to be rapidly accessible, I must store the same document with every case --the calendar can only be printed in an agenda format; to print monthly or weekly views, I must go outside the software to a sync'd calendar

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that there is a way to store documents as part of a contact, and a member of our product team has reached out to help you through the process. We have also taken note of your thoughts on calendar printing and invoicing, and will be taking it into consideration for improvements in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team! Your continued support and feedback is appreciated.

MyCase is the most intuitive and easiest to navigate system I've tried out of many.

Primarily, the ability to run my practice as a true solo, and to be able to work from anywhere and be as responsive as my clients need and expect me to be.

Pros

I like having everything in one place. Being able to access everything I need about my clients, opposing counsel, documents, billing, etc. makes it so I can follow up with my clients wherever I am. That's invaluable to me. My clients can pay online, I can send invoicing reminders, and now I can add interest. Calendaring is really a plus because when I enter it into MyCase it automatically sends...

Cons

There's nothing I dislike, but there are always room for improvements. I'd love expanded searchability for documents and enhanced sorting. The trust accounting is a bit of a nightmare for me, so that can definitely be cleaned up. More than anything, I'd like them to maybe partner with some people. I'd love to be able to scan something directly from my ScanSnap to MyCase, or even have a desktop app that I could save documents to that would automatically sync with MyCase. Last, enhanced time entry would be a godsend. If I'm sending a message, it'd be nice if something popped up when I hit send to ask if I'd like to bill for it. Same for taking notes in the clients file.

Thank you for sharing how MyCase helps you run your practice more efficiently. We appreciate your thorough feedback and have passed on your suggestions to our product team! We are also happy to share that we have updated our time entry so that you can now create time entries based on messages, notes, & events.

Robust program that keeps improving

Pros

I've used MyCase since mid-2012 and it keeps getting better. It has helped me be able to grow from a solo practice into a multi-attorney boutique firm. They are constantly adding and improving features, and actively seek customer feedback to provide features that users want. As a business owner, the impact it has had on clients paying on time is tremendous. Clients have a very positive view as well - they love being able to log in at any time of day to get updates, post documents or leave notes for us. Cannot say enough good things about MyCase.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment......

Best Business Software Around -- And We've Tried Them ALL

Not sure who's working hard or hardly working? Can't remember how many "preferred clients" received discounts? Want to know how much of a loss you've taken on a case or by providing pro-bono work? MyCase solves all of these issues and more!

Pros

- The Customer Service representatives are 100,000/10. - Access ANYWHERE on ANY device. - Continually improving EVERY aspect to maintain its prestige position as the BEST CRM available.

Cons

The only MyCase change that I have ever disliked was the background color going from dark blue to white; it is difficult for low and limited-vision persons, like myself, to see some of the fine print details. Thank goodness for zoom!

Thank you, Brianna, for taking the time to share your positive experience! It is great to hear that MyCase is solving real-time problems for your firm. We have received your feedback on our UI design, and will take this into account with updates moving forward. We look forward to our continued partnership, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any additional feedback.

Great product

Mycase provides our clients control and open access to all aspects of their case. It has helped streamline communication, document signing and invoicing. It was easy to set up and continues to be updated with new features that help our practice run smoothly. Highly recommend for a small firm that does not/cannot invest thousands up front in case management software.

Pros

Quick and easy to set up. If you can navigate facebook or social media, you can navigate mycase. Client's ability to have secure access to their electronic file, all appointments, court dates etc. cuts down on calls/emails asking for documents or to confirm when an appointment is leaving staff time open for more meaningful (and billable) work. Interface allows clients to upload their own documents to the file as well. Invoicing, tracking tools for billable hour goals, online payments and easy to create reports brings valuable information to the firm. Also love that they are constantly updating features based on user feedback. For example - we have the ability to text message with clients now, which is a great way to communicate with those client's who wouldn't otherwise use email etc.

Cons

Some of the integration features we are not using. I prefer to keep my quickbooks separate for example. Some of the clients have brought concerns about being able to access from a mobile device. The app for users needs some updating as not all features are available or user friendly.

Overall, very positive. I chose MyCase 4 years ago for its user-friendly interface for clients.

Pros

It provides an easy means of secure client communication and collaboration for those clients who have a computer and know how to use it. MyCase's payment system is affordable and hassle-free (no monthly fees and no worries about CPI compliance), and encourages faster payment by clients.

Cons

Not as beefy and versatile as in-house case management software. Files are sometimes hard to find. (A Windows Explorer-style interface would be faster and easier to look through. Suggest speeding up file list display and searching by chaching the file list and associated details to user browser.) File tagging is easy to do...but not that useful in practice. The new redesign of the client portal,...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Will. It is great to hear that your firm is enjoying easy client communication and payments. We'll take your constructive feedback into account as we make updates moving forward. If you have any questions or would like to provide more detail about your mobile app experience, please email us at mobile@mycase.com. We welcome any additional comments you may have about the app!

4 Years and Counting...

Legal problems in family law and mediation.

Pros

What I like most are the E-signature and web payment.

Cons

MyCase continues to improve its software and has been very useful and effective in the legal industry. What I like the least is the 'workflow' - most likely because I don't understand how to use it yet. I prefer to open a new case, set the workflow, and it automatically checks the box on what needs to be done next.

Hello Rachael, thank you for sharing your review! It is great to hear how MyCase has increased your client retention for an affordable price. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@mycase.com with any questions or feedback regarding Workflows. We appreciate your continued partnership and feedback!

MyCase is the Most Affordable Small Law Firm Case Management Software

Pros

Affordability is one of the best benefits of MyCase. MyCase offers simple month-to-month, no contract obligation pricing a month for each attorney and /month for each paralegal. Another great benefit MyCase offers is Lawyer App which is compatible with iPhone, iPad or Adroid. Accounting features are limited within MyCase but with the ability to integrate QuickBooks, accounting is a snap. Collaborate,...

Cons

MyCase is the least expensive for a reason and with price, there are limits to features. MyCase is not as robust as its competitors if your law firm is medium to large. MyCase caters to small firms. If you are a firm that bills on contingency, UTBMS or LEDES, MyCase may not be for you. Also, MyCase only integrates with QuickBooks whiles others integrate with Xero too.

Hi Susan, thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear how MyCase's many features have been beneficial to your firm's productivity. We are happy to share that we now have UTBMS codes and LEDES billing to help make your invoicing process as seamless as possible. We look forward to our continued partnership and improving MyCase to meet the needs of customers like you.

Great experience overall.

Pros

The people are great at customer service, I have had great experiences with Leslie Skelly, Drew, and Cat Allday. I like the Reports function and would like to see more Report options. I also like bulk exporting invoices.

Cons

The CMS functionality is great. I would suggest pinning the client to the top of the matter contacts, rather than having them appear at random in a long list. I would also suggest removing the 'Total' column from the Billing -> Account Activity section in the far right-hand column, or allowing the company to reset these figures annually. Seeing such a large 'Total' figure makes my boss angry since...