MyCase Reviews

4.65/5 (215 reviews)

Grace Spezia

MyCase has made my practice workable with minimal staff and monetary investment

Reviewed 2018-03-08

I am able to work at home and at locations and times convenient to clients; I can offer work-at-home opportunities to staff; storage is no longer an issue since my office is almost entirely "paperless"; I have been able to reduce the number of support staff; the return calls I have to make has been greatly reduced because there is no longer a need to locate files and contact others to ensure everything is up to date; I have an efficient means of tailoring case management based on the type of case or client--I am able to access and update my entire case files from anywhere; --my staff can view the same information I am, when I am away from the office --it is easy to adjust to the specific requirements of my practice; for example, I can set up a "case" for all my administrative information ("Office Admin, 2018"), including documents, time, and expenses

Anonymous

MyCase is the most intuitive and easiest to navigate system I've tried out of many.

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Primarily, the ability to run my practice as a true solo, and to be able to work from anywhere and be as responsive as my clients need and expect me to be.I like having everything in one place. Being able to access everything I need about my clients, opposing counsel, documents, billing, etc. makes it so I can follow up with my clients wherever I am. That's invaluable to me. My clients can pay online, I can send invoicing reminders, and now I can add interest. Calendaring is really a plus because when I enter it into MyCase it automatically sends to my clients and goes to outlook. One less thing for me to remember to do. I need to do better with tagging, but clients can send me discovery documents, I can send them documents to review, we can see the changes between versions. I upload the final product, and my clients get their entire case file as it progresses, and have one location where they can view everything that's happened. I also like that I can tell when a client has logged on, so if they haven't and I need them to respond, I can follow up. That eliminates the "lost in the ether" issues that crop up.

William Quick

Overall, very positive. I chose MyCase 4 years ago for its user-friendly interface for clients.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

It provides an easy means of secure client communication and collaboration for those clients who have a computer and know how to use it. MyCase's payment system is affordable and hassle-free (no monthly fees and no worries about CPI compliance), and encourages faster payment by clients.

Anonymous

Great experience overall.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

The people are great at customer service, I have had great experiences with Leslie Skelly, Drew, and Cat Allday. I like the Reports function and would like to see more Report options. I also like bulk exporting invoices.

Nancie Williams

Great product that could use a few tweaks.

Reviewed 2018-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I am going to have to look into another credit card processing that will not link with MyCase which is frustrating but the company that MyCase has contracted with is not good at best and very expensive to our company. The product’s google like set up is very nice. Training new employees is a breeze and the software is very intuitive so normally people have no issue catching on.I like the layout generally and the options that you have managing accounting and case files. I love how it syncs with QuickBooks almost seamlessly.

Vicky Weernink

MyCase is good for the small or solo lawfirm

Reviewed 2017-02-28

We have tried many legal organization and calendar programs. MyCase is very easy to use and basic. Our Firm primarily uses the calendar to keep the consults, deadlines, court schedules for each attorney. The tasks are useful for myself, and I can set up due dates and keep track of what I have to do. I also put payment plan dates in there to remind me to call a client if they have not made payment. We also use the billing feature to make our invoices look better. The way mycase keeps track of incoming money isn't the best or most accurate. For example when we bill out expenses, it still shows as income. Also, when you deposit something into the Trust account in mycase, and use those funds to pay an invoice, there are some quirks. We do not use the "trust account" feature to keep track of the real IOLTA account at all. Everything is very easy to use and someone who isnt tech savvy can catch on easily as well. During the use of it, we found that the name of the event you are putting in you have to list a clients first, last name and it needs to be spelled correctly, or you can not search for it in the search bar. Even if you link a calendar event to a case, it wont show up in the search bar. We do not use the message feature or document feature, we also do not allow our clients access to their online case. We just use the program for our internal use only. Overall I would recommend this to most law firms. Our Firm has grown from 1 attorney and 2 support staff to 4 attorneys and 5 support staff. So the monthly price of the program is starting to not be affordable for a calendar program.

Mary Clapp

Super User Friendly, with prompt, amazing U.S. support

Reviewed 2018-01-25

- Client and case management - Secured client communications, with no filing necessary; all communications are automatically linked to and stored in the client file - Document management - easy for clients and legal teams to share documents of any size - Invoicing - Easy, professional invoices - easy to add/delete/modify/mark as non-billable/or remove from invoice any time entry or expense; Clients can pay through their account via credit card or e-check - Task Management - Really great workflow feature which allows staff to attach a standard workflow to a file, and the workflow automatically generates checklists and tasks - Calendaring - Easy for staff to handle calendaring; any firm user can view the calendar of another firm user by clicking his/her color block; Calendar events can be easily shared with clients and other staff - Easy for clients to find - MyCase is linked to our website, which makes it easy for clients to locate and login Intuitive, easy to use / multiple ways of accomplishing the same task: I am not technologically savvy, but MyCase makes everything easy. The staff is also U.S. based, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We have never had a circumstance where MyCase did not promptly help us figure out the solution!

Mary Ellen Leone

I would be lost without MyCase!

Reviewed 2018-01-25

This software has allowed me to keep in constant contact with clients as well as better organization of files and time utilized in each. In addition it has allowed me to be prompt with billing and has give our clients a vast array of ways to pay for their services as well as interact with our office.I absolutely love that you can interact with your client daily - updating his/her file within seconds. It is convenient to have past cases, documents, invoices accessible at the touch of a key. I also think the report feature is a great feature. This site has made my job so much easier.

Kari Hayles-Davenport

Love it!

Reviewed 2018-08-09

It has streamlined communication between the office and clients. Our clients love the ease of accessing messaging, documents and calendaring. It has made practice and managing our clients and information so much easier. The customer service is exceptional. We do not hesitate to point out changes that we would like to see (either something that does not work or a feature that we would like to see added). It is clear that they are listening because it is not uncommon for us to see some of our feedback result in some change down the line. I cannot say enough positive things about the program.

Alan Dobson

MyCase Law Firm Software Review

Reviewed 2018-11-06

It very nearly has everything needed to run a law firm efficiently, and alleviate stress, eliminate missed deadlines/appointments, maintain communication with clients, and get paid for work quickly. We've used it since 2012 when it was in its early stages, and there have been regular updates and new features added to make it a strong robust system for client and case management as well as trust accounting. I highly recommended.Very useful client portal. Clients can login, keep track of their case, upload documents, view documents uploaded by firm, calendar with reminders, make payments, and securely message the firm. Ease of use, very modern simple interface. Flat fees per user. Management of cases, custom fields, reports, and case status information easily updated and available. Free e-check payments from clients. Calendar function for firm to manage cases, and deadlines. Tasks to keep track of

David Dastrup

Simple Efficient InDepth Law Office Organization

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Efficient law practice. Very organized. Portal for clients to communicate, see updates, and to upload documents.Mycase provides a clean and easy platform to record and organize case information. Any case file is ready to review at the click of a button, whether to prep before court or for when a client calls. Clients probably think I personally remember all of their case details. But it is really because I pull up mycase and am looking at their file when they call, whether in the office or out of the office and on my iphone. Clients can view their case status without calling me. Clients can upload documents and message information. It is like having a secretary in the cloud that organizes all my client files and keeps clients up to date.

Angela Arnall

Ease of use and clients love the ability to access their information and communicate with our office

Reviewed 2018-01-26

The best thing about the program is having access to every file and every document at a moments notice. We are a fast paced criminal defense office and I don't have a lot of time to be constantly going to the file room to pull files every time a client calls or comes in. I can access it all right from my computer. What's especially nice is even after a file is closed a client may call and ask something about their case and within seconds I can tell them what they need to know without having to go to storage and call them back a few days later.

Susan M Signer

MyCase is the Most Affordable Small Law Firm Case Management Software

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-08

Affordability is one of the best benefits of MyCase. MyCase offers simple month-to-month, no contract obligation pricing a month for each attorney and /month for each paralegal. Another great benefit MyCase offers is Lawyer App which is compatible with iPhone, iPad or Adroid. Accounting features are limited within MyCase but with the ability to integrate QuickBooks, accounting is a snap. Collaborate, create, customize utilizing Legal Practice Management Tool Kit is another great feature MyCase provides to its clients. The automation software provides task template and case flows for repetitive forms via intake which is beneficial for estate planning, probate, divorce, and bankruptcy law firms. MyCase is the least expensive case management software available for law firms and would benefit small firms. Also, MyCase has been adding new features through time. You'll enjoy the time billing, firm reports, online payments, Quickbook integration, document management and collaboration features. I recommend trying the 30-day trial for free and check it out!

M. Wayne Tucker

Easy and Efficient Case Management

Reviewed 2018-11-06

I began using MyCase when it was relatively young. As a result it has been easy to master each new feature as it has been introduced. Tech support is responsive and helpful when needed. MyCase continues to add features based on input and suggestions from users and there seems to be a focus on staying current and relevant to demands of law office management.From the beginning, it was easy to use, and as it has evolved, it remains user friendly. It eliminates the need for a paper file. One of the best features is that clients have access to their case, documents, calendar, billing and to their attorney. The messaging function eliminates voice messages and most phone calls. Clients can leave questions at any time of day or night and will have a documented answer without telephone tag. Overall case management is significantly more efficient than paper files.

Tyler Henderson

MyCase is practice management software with a full feature set, excellent support, & a great price.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

The MyCase software is easy to use and easy to integrate into an existing law practice. The software has all the features of any other major practice management suite, and there is continual improvement of existing features while new features are being developed and released at regular intervals. The support team is very responsive to questions and feature requests, and the Knowledge Base makes it easy to learn the functions of the software. The new mobile app is vastly improved as well. In my opinion, MyCase represents the best overall value out of any other practice management suite I've considered.

Bridget T. Schuster

I absolutely love MyCase. Ease of use and excellent customer service make it a must-use for solos.

Reviewed 2018-02-05

I love the timekeeper, the ability to start several timers at once, and the ease with which you can enter narratives for each time entry. Making invoices is super easy as well, and you can even (I just learned this) add your firm's logo to your invoices. The invoices look very professional, and are easy to edit and amend as needed. There is a "no charge" function for time entries you decide to write off for clients. You can also share invoices via the client portal if you'd like. I am just exploring some of the other features of MyCase, such as the task list, the calendar, and using MyCase to keep track of marketing and contacts.

Christopher Sharp

Mycase has definitely made my practice more efficient and less stressful and the clients love it!

Reviewed 2018-03-06

I like the fact that clients get virtually real-time updates on their cases through the email notices from mycase which makes them feel more involved even though I end up spending less time communicating with them myself. They can sign into their case file anytime of the day and night to review the latest filings and documents and they are notified every time I calendar a new event, which really cuts down on the unnecessary calls requesting updates when you would rather be working! In addition, I can tell how often each clients looks at their case and what they look at, which gives me a good idea of how motivated they are or whether they are following my instructions to review certain documents or complete certain tasks. I also like the secure encrypted message system but it seems to be the hardest feature to get the client to use with any regularity.

Mindi Wells

Missing Some Key Features & Not the Most Convenient Set up

Reviewed 2017-04-18

Comparing my experiences with MyCase, Practice Panther and Fresh Books: MyCase is easy to set up, is easy for clients to use and affordable (check to see if your state bar has a discount with them and ABA's is 20%). The downside is that there are some key features that would improve the attorney and client experiences. Some features I discussed with my customer service rep that were not available: 1. The big one: no electronic signatures and no integration with an existing electronic signature tool (clients have to print, sign, scan and return documents); 2. no ability to assign one billing point of contact for a client that is then linked to every matter/case opened for the client (must do it manually every time you open a matter); 3. no ability to auto-populate the address fields for contacts associated with the same client/company (which means more data entry); 4. no ability to organize individual general client documents (i.e. intake form, representation agreement) that have been uploaded unless associated with a case/matter (ended up having to create an "Admin-Client Name" case/matter for each client to hold the three documents we have on the client); 5. clients receive a separate bill for every matter/case with no grand total; invoices are sorted by billing contact person rather than company. Setting up online billing was less convenient than Practice Panther or Fresh Books. MyCase won't let you use the online bill pay functionality during the 30-day trial until you purchase the software. Then they send you a 4-page agreement to sign electronically and return (ironic they use DocuSign but don't have an interface for us to use it with their software). Then they run a personal and business credit check and require you to send a voided check. Tons more red tape than online bill pay with LawPay through Practice Panther (which took minutes to apply and then acceptance was received the next day). So, after comparing Fresh Books, Practice Panther and MyCase, I am implementing MyCase with mild annoyances due to the inconveniences they create for setting up with them. But I've been told the experience of using them once set up is worth the headache of set up.

Leanne Jones

MyCase has enabled us to be in court or out of the office more with access to our files

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Ease of use and accessibility from virtually anywhere. I also like that everyone in the firm can see one another's calendars.

Diana Hooper

It's a great program it helps keep everything organized.

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Not missing court dates and being able to talk to clients though the portal.Keeps everything organized and you clients have some access. Easier to reply to messages on the portal instead of receiving calls all day.

Mitch Jackson

MyCase allows us to provide clients with exemplary service

Reviewed 2013-08-28

In today's fast paced and multitasking world, everything comes down to people and relationships. For almost three decades, our goal has been to engage and connect with our clients and to make their experience with our firm a positive one. Now, with the MyCase service, we are able to do just that and more. Here's what I'm talking about... Trust We believe that trust is built around communication and transparency. MyCase allows our clients 24/7 secured access to designated case documents, upcoming calendar events and more. When the client needs important case information, it's just a click or two away. They appreciate the service and appreciate the fact that we took the time to make it available. The simple and intuitive MyCase portal lets our attorneys and clients share case information and offers simply notifications and alerts of important case developments. Clients can now log in and check document status and details involving upcoming dates and hearings at their convenience. They can also share private emails and comments on all case matters. Client Satisfaction For almost 3 decades, we have always believed that a successful attorney/client experience means that we need to provide our clients with exemplary legal advice and services. Having said that, we also believe that in today's fast paced 'instant information' digital business environment, giving clients free 24/7 access to important case information helps improve the legal experience and is key to building a positive and professional relationship with each and every one of our clients. Again, MyCase is allowing us to do this and more. The bottom line is that clients tell us they enjoy MyCase. They like having access to case information when they need it. We think your clients will too. Sure, MyCase also allows us to manage client and case information, including time and expense billing. It help us be more efficient and also allows us to access our case information from almost anywhere. Regardless of these benefits, we continue to believe that the best thing about the MyCase service is how it just makes things easier for the client. And whey you really think about it, that's what is really important.

Kirk Granier

Superior case management program! Super - streamlines administrative side of law practice.

Reviewed 2018-01-26

P.S. I will not do this again if I have to choose buses, cars and street signs to prove I'm not a ROBOT!My Clients ( ... and me) have 24-7 digital, global access to their case information. Wow! MYCASE streamlines billing and invoice collection saving me countless work hours. And I don't have to mail hard-copy documents since clients can download and print them. Clients love it!

Deloise Tritt

MyCase is very functional and user-friendly. They are responsive when I make inquiries.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

I like that I can use the iPad app when I am in court, and at home or on the go. I like that I ca keep track of my daily billing and the program then will allow me to see quickly that I have forgotten to log billable time for the day.

Ann Shirley

You will not be disappointed

Reviewed 2018-08-07

We love the app for our phones which helps with scheduling and capturing billable time when away from the office. Customer support is excellent and always receptive to suggestions for improving the software. The software is easy to learn and use. Customer support is excellent.

Rebecca Pescador

Overall, a great product. Well thought out, easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Streamlines case management, makes communication with clients easier, makes exchange of documents (especially sensitive or voluminous ones) simple and secure.I like that they are continually adding/improving based on client feedback. Workflows are a huge time saver. I like the ease of sharing things with clients and opposing counsel securely.