MyCase Reviews

MyCase

Practice More, Manage Less.

4.7/5 (319 reviews)

Pros
  • The user friendly platform this software is based on is easy to use and extremely helpful. It will help organize your business and it is always improving.Katherine P.Read the full review
  • I love their easy invoicing and payment options too. It helps me stay organized and the workflow systems help make case management easy for me and my staff.Claudia B.Read the full review
  • I love that you can do customizing within the software on the end user side as well, without having to contact MyCase for most of them. I love that this is easy to learn, use and contact support.Majken B.Read the full review
Cons
  • The function to submit a question does not result in any feedback at all. The program is now getting glitchy and the newest update is just terrible looking and terrible functionally.Karin F.Read the full review
  • The lack of response you get as a customer is frustrating at times especially when you put ina request or comment and then get no response.Nancie W.Read the full review
  • Customer service is very poor. Their focus is not on retaining customers but getting them in the door by failing to mention material information that a customer should know before becoming a member.Victoria P.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
M. Wayne Tucker

Easy and Efficient Case Management

Reviewed 2018-11-06

I began using MyCase when it was relatively young. As a result it has been easy to master each new feature as it has been introduced. Tech support is responsive and helpful when needed. MyCase continues to add features based on input and suggestions from users and there seems to be a focus on staying current and relevant to demands of law office management.

Pros
From the beginning, it was easy to use, and as it has evolved, it remains user friendly. It eliminates the need for a paper file. One of the best features is that clients have access to their case, documents, calendar, billing and to their attorney. The messaging function eliminates voice messages and most phone calls. Clients can leave questions at any time of day or night and will have a documented answer without telephone tag. Overall case management is significantly more efficient than paper files.

Cons
The creation of Automated documents has been disappointing. The feature exists but is not as user friendly as the rest of the software. The recent integration with Dropbox is confusing as well but I suppose that may be my lack of familiarity with how it functions.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for your review. We are always grateful for customers like you that have been with us since the beginning, and who help us continue to improve and grow. We are sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties with the recent document and Dropbox updates, and a member of our product team has reached out to hear your feedback in more detail. We look forward to many more years of partnership and continuing to improve your experience!

Majken Brylczyk

MyCase Daily User Experience

Reviewed 2020-01-14

MyCase has been a wonderful tool for our firm. It allows for a more digital experience for both users and clients. MyCase is always updating to stay ahead of the current trends and needs, and they never take a long time to correct issues when they are reported. I love the MyCase staff which is always helpful and willing to explain things so we better understand why or why not something is the way it is. I will be happy telling others of the useful and customization features within MyCase. The support staff and product managers are always willing to help and take suggestions, which they tend to implement if they can. I have had a ton of ideas implemented which makes our daily activities easier. Overall, this software is pretty user friendly, high ability to customize a lot of areas, an all in one type of feel and beneficial for any office looking to go more digital.

Pros
What I love the most about this software is that it's always updating features and areas of needed interest. I love that the MyCase team is always there to take a concern, suggestion or edit that may be needed or wanted. I love that it's ALMOST an all in one system. I love that you can do customizing within the software on the end user side as well, without having to contact MyCase for most of them. I love that this is easy to learn, use and contact support. I love that MyCase is always willing to update to stay current.

Cons
What I like least about this software is the inability to filter OPEN and CLOSED cases in the Trust Account Activity and Trust Account Summary. We use this section for a quick check on which cases has a balance and which cases don't, but it shows EVERY case we have in MyCase without a way to filter out Closed. We have far too many cases open to check one by one. I also like least about this software that you have to request engineering to re-add Contact Groups that you delete, when it was added by the end user in the first place. An accidental delete of a contact group takes too much involvement to have re-added and we end up creating new ones. I also like least about this software that the App and the Desktop version are so much different in a few areas that are used most in our office.

Daniel Sperrazza

Excellent Product

Reviewed 2020-04-24

My switch to MyCase greatly reduced the amount of time spent on keeping records of time spent on each client and on producing client invoices

Pros
The ease of time entry on a daily basis, and the corresponding ease of producing monthly invoices to send to clients.

Cons
I believe reporting features could be expanded.

Meredith Parrish

A Great Product for the Price (Without Bells and Whistles)

Reviewed 2018-08-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Great product which covers all the basic requirements of case management software and a price that can't be beat. I'm still using it, but looking at other options as I grow to avoid some of the more time-consuming aspects/cumbersome aspects of the software.

Pros
Cost is minimal and allowed me to get up and running with case management software immediately upon starting my law firm. It covers the basics - central place for case details, contacts, and documents; repeating task lists and deadlines; calendaring; and integration with quickbooks and email (to an extent). There is an obvious need for this type of product and I'm glad it is/was available.

Cons
The email integration is cumbersome and essentially requires you to forward messages to MyCase and then sort them individually into the correct cases. It does recognize emails/contacts frequently used and suggests a case assignment, but you still have to go through each email one by one and affirm that suggestion to get it to import into the case. With just a small caseload, this is time-consuming and would not be manageable for large volumes of emails. The documents are stored in MyCase and accessible from wherever you are. That's nice, but not as helpful for me since it requires you to download the document onto your computer from MyCase, read it or make changes, and then re-save in MyCase if changes are made. Since I am mostly using the same computer each time, I don't want/need to re-download documents every time. To avoid, I just go to where the document is saved on my computer, but then I'm toggling between MyCase and my desktop. There is no way to work on/view documents WITHIN MyCase, which would make a huge difference. It is nice to know that documents are available just by logging in on any device, but it's not as useful for a solo with one main work computer without the ability to open the document without downloading it.

Response from Emma

Hi Meredith, thank you for the honest feedback. With regards to document storage, we now offer an integration with Dropbox, which will allow you to easily view and edit documents stored in Dropbox through MyCase, without the need to download and re-save - any updates will be immediately reflected in MyCase. Also, we're actively exploring ways to improve our email integration with the goal of making it less time-consuming to save a large volume of emails to your cases. We take customer feedback very seriously and can assure you that your review is taken into consideration moving forward. If you have any questions or further feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team! Thank you again for your review.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Lacey Wallace

MyCase works

Reviewed 2020-04-22

very good

Pros
It is a good value. The features mesh well together. It is easy to use.

Cons
moving from a document to document in a case requires you to go back to the case name first

Alan Dobson

MyCase Legal Case Management Review

Reviewed 2019-11-19

MyCase has allowed us to provide more detailed information internally for each case, given our clients more interaction with their case, and communication flows well using the messaging function, payment can be easier (we use the e-check function, which is currently free with the software), and having a central system for the office makes it easier for us to work from multiple locations. There are many features we use, including the MyCase app for our firm, tasks, calendar, notes and checklists for each case, and many others. Although there are some features that need work to be useful to our firm (reporting, intake forms, and tasks, and some integrations), MyCase overall is well worth it for our small firm. MyCase is very open and eager to receive feedback from users, and incorporates updates regularly, which improves the system, and have seen my feedback implemented into the system. Customer Service in my experience is excellent, and timely. I highly recommend MyCase.

Pros
Bank grade encryption of data and documents. Ability to give clients access to their own portal, which is very easy to use, and allows them to upload documents directly to the system with drag and drop function. Clients can message securely, have their own calendar for case related events, our firm can task clients with a checklist, and they can pay online. The Client secure access was a major reason we switched to MyCase in 2012.

Cons
I prefer to have more robust reporting functionality as it relates to managing cases by dates, and other case data. The reporting function exists but is not developed enough to capture all the data I prefer in my case management reports. Email integration is not ideal, but I understand a major upgrade is coming soon.

Margy Weeks

This software is AMAZING. Yes, AMAZING.

Reviewed 2019-11-15

MyCase has helped streamline the law practice that I help to manage. It's usability and features have made my life easier, and have made my management of case and client files more consistent, both front and back. Clients all receive the same level of excellent care, and I feel good knowing that by applying my workflows, I'm not missing anything. MyCase task management features are completely worth the cost of the software, even if that was all I was going to use it for. I cannot stress enough how awesome the task management is. I'm so obsessed that I literally ran out of characters above. I also want to give a HUGE SHOUTOUT to MyCase's support team. I have had lengthy conversations with them about various issues that have come up on my end (generally not glitches, but requests I have for making MyCase more disability-accessible, etc.) and the team has never let me down. Everyone I have had the pleasure of working with has been friendly, professional, funny, kind, and knowledgeable. They take good care of me and I can see from updates that they are always working to improve the user experience. I am just SO PLEASED with MyCase. I am a convert and sing its praises to anyone who will listen (and often to those who won't!).

Pros
I am a huge fan of MyCase. Let me tell you why: 1. MyCase is extremely navigable. It is easy to understand and use. In a world where many attorneys are afraid of technology and change, that is really useful. 2. MyCase has a feature on every page view called "add an item." Unlike competitors, it ACTUALLY allows you to add any item whatsoever (notes, calendar entries, new files, contacts - you name it, it can be done), link it to people or cases, and perform ALL NECESSARY TASKS/FUNCTIONS from basically one screen view. That means, for instance, I can manage most case files without having to actually toggle through each file, saving me loads of time and energy. 3. MyCase has the best workflow management feature I have found to date. First and foremost, MyCase allows for the SIMPLE, INTUITIVE, QUICK creation of a workflow. Within that workflow, it allows you to edit tasks and add subtasks within tasks (BRILLIANT, WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE DO THAT???). I cannot stress this enough - subtasks are necessary, they are useful, and I would die without them. Or at least my pristine file management would. 4. MyCase saves mouseclicks. I cannot express to you, the reader, how important this is over time. I don't want to have to click on a search bar, then click on a case, then wait for the case to load, then click notes, then click add a note, then add my note and click done, and then click something else and something else and something else. SOLID APP. I have run out of characters!

Cons
There isn't much that I hate about MyCase, if anything. 1. My MOST IMPORTANT request has always been that, once a workflow is created, we are given the opportunity to REORDER tasks within the workflow (not just subtasks). If this were provided to me, I'm pretty sure every single request I have ever made (and there are a LOT of them) would have been addressed. 2. My second request would be for the phone app (at least on iOS) to be a little more robust and similar to the web-based version. My current workaround is just logging in on my mobile browser, but it's a little cumbersome. It saves me in a pinch when I need it, but otherwise I tend to avoid using MyCase on the go. 3. Oh, one final thing - MyCase performs maintenance on Tuesdays at 10PM (Pacific), which is a prime time for me to be working, so that sometimes cuts into my productivity. However, I totally get why they have to - that's 1AM on the east coast and they need to be done by the time the east is waking up and working. So, I always try to take the "oops, MyCase is no longer available" as a sign that I should stop working.

Jill Gillett

Paperless functionality

Reviewed 2019-08-14

I have had mycase since 2013. I used to lug massive tubs of files. Now I carry my iPad and make the other attorneys jealous. My back, arms, and shoulders thank me for the subscription. I have used the service since 2013 and have watched it grow to fit attorneys' needs. The current versions are wonderful.

Pros
I can access all of my case files, police reports, court reports and documents anywhere. I carry an iPad to court. The other attorneys carry a back breaking stack of files. When a Judge thought I had to be goofing around, he was shocked when I showed him Mycase and how I was doing my billing, document review, and communicating to my office while waiting for my turn in the Courtroom.

Cons
It took a long time to get the billing options right. I hated having to integrate with Quickbooks and the sync not work correctly. I finally can print past due statements with a lot more ease. Thank you for fixing it. I would love to be able to access amount due on the road from the app on my phone.

Michelle Diaz

Robust program that keeps improving

Reviewed 2019-11-19

Pros
I've used MyCase since mid-2012 and it keeps getting better. It has helped me be able to grow from a solo practice into a multi-attorney boutique firm. They are constantly adding and improving features, and actively seek customer feedback to provide features that users want. As a business owner, the impact it has had on clients paying on time is tremendous. Clients have a very positive view as well - they love being able to log in at any time of day to get updates, post documents or leave notes for us. Cannot say enough good things about MyCase.

Cons
Nothing comes to mind at the moment......

Catherine Eranthe

Helps Manage Law Practice and Client Communications

Reviewed 2020-02-17

Pros
Secure portal to message clients and upload documents. Ability to accept echecks for payment. Always making new additions such as built in intake forms and esignatures.

Cons
Inability to get rid of button that the client clicks to pay with a credit card.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Rachelle Summers

Love the system

Reviewed 2020-04-22

I’m very very happy with mycase.

Pros
Client management is incredibly easy with this software. Keeps all Court dates, documents, billing, etc. I can select what I want the client to see too, which also keeps them from calling constantly as they can see what’s going on in their case. I can also do weekly billing and see who exactly is overdue. We also do weekly calendar meetings to assess any upcoming conflicts on the calendar. It is all very user friendly and pretty intuitive. This is my favorite client management software.

Cons
The mobile app. Being a litigation attorney, I am in court all the time. So using the app is my saving grace for many things, but it needs some serious updating. You can still see your calendar and still see that people are overdue (but can’t see by how much or when). It’s easy to access the clients information so you can call them if you put their number in the system, etc. However, you can’t open invoices to see the details. I’ve noticed I can’t open signed documents on my phone either (that I’ve had clients sign through mycase) I can only open unsigned ones. Inputting client court dates into the calendar from the phone is tricky too because it is easy to skip over checking the clients box or other attorneys to appear as you have to go into each individual one. Whereas on the computer this process is very easy. So there are some definitely necessary updates in the mobile app part of this.

Chris Dietrich

The Best Practice Management Solution Everywhere

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
1. The best feature about Mycase is the client portal and client communication tools. This helps us automate some essential functions like sharing documents, court dates, deadlines, and obtaining information from clients to cut down on staff time. Now instead of dealing with "update calls" and requests for copies from our clients are able to focus on other tasks. 2. The workflows feature helps us take the thinking out of the routine tasks that need to be done on a case so we can focus our mental energies on the unique aspects of a given case. 3. Mycase is incredibly responsive to customer feedback. 90% of the suggestions I have submitted over the years are implemented and become part of the product. They release new features multiple times every month and help make a good product even better!

Cons
The one feature that needs work is email integration (saving emails sent and received to Mycase). The feature as it stands today requires a good deal of manual matching of emails to cases, a tedious task. I believe it would work better if they integrated email through IMAP or POP and allowed you to access and send external emails through Mycase, which would aid the sync process quite a bit.

Tray Payne

review

Reviewed 2019-08-21

Great product. Seems the focus is on other areas besides client connection when client communication and connection is the best part of the entire program. Streamling

Pros
Ease of use. App. Interface. Design. Client communication and ease of billing.

Cons
Costly, no auto responses capability in communications. So, if I'm not available or out of town and a client messages me, it could be a week before there is a response. Also, if a client messages my legal assistant, that message doesn't show up under my messages. All messages from that client to any in the firm should be able to be seen by all.

Response from MyCase

Hi Tray, thank you for sharing how MyCase has streamlined your billing and client communication. Regarding visibility into client messages, MyCase now allows you to enable all client message notifications for any firm member that has access to that case. Learn more here: https://help.mycase.com/s/article/Messaging-Overview. Our product team has also read and is discussing your thoughts on auto-responses, we appreciate the feedback. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to support@mycase.com. Thank you for partnering with MyCase as we continue to improve on your experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Janaan Hashim

I Switched and Never Looked Back

Reviewed 2019-06-20

With MyCase, I'm much better able to track the progress of the law firm, assess its growth and trends and from there strategize for the firm's future growth.

Pros
What's not to like about this software?!? It's user-friendly interface makes it a joy to work, keep an eye on the progress of your case, communicate easily and securely with clients, and, most importantly, let's me spend more time with my passion - practicing law.

Cons
I have two least favorites about this software. First, when I work with another co-counsel or Of Counsel on a case, these partners in work cannot access the client's folder unless I pay for them, even if they have their own MyCase account. Thus, I can only afford to give them the much limited Client access. The other thing is that only recently MyCase started making suggestions within the various fields, I wish they did this more and that, perhaps, they post a video or blog post on suggestions of ways to set up a case. This would be useful for those setting up shop for the first time.

Response from MyCase

Hi Janaan, thank you for your honest and thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that MyCase is giving you valuable time back as well as helping you grow your firm. Your feedback on co-counsel users and suggestions for best practices are extremely valuable, and our product team has reached out to you to hear your thoughts in more detail. Thank you again, we look forward to our continued partnership.

Grace Spezia

MyCase has made my practice workable with minimal staff and monetary investment

Reviewed 2018-03-08

I am able to work at home and at locations and times convenient to clients; I can offer work-at-home opportunities to staff; storage is no longer an issue since my office is almost entirely "paperless"; I have been able to reduce the number of support staff; the return calls I have to make has been greatly reduced because there is no longer a need to locate files and contact others to ensure everything is up to date; I have an efficient means of tailoring case management based on the type of case or client

Pros
--I am able to access and update my entire case files from anywhere; --my staff can view the same information I am, when I am away from the office --it is easy to adjust to the specific requirements of my practice; for example, I can set up a "case" for all my administrative information ("Office Admin, 2018"), including documents, time, and expenses

Cons
--the software allows firm specific information to be input, but is limited on its usefulness; for example, I have a field for travel time as part of a time entry, but the invoice only shows the total time --the inability to store documents with a contact as opposed to a case; for example, I use a particular therapist on multiple cases but I cannot attach her resume to her contact information; to be rapidly accessible, I must store the same document with every case --the calendar can only be printed in an agenda format; to print monthly or weekly views, I must go outside the software to a sync'd calendar

Response from MyCase

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that there is a way to store documents as part of a contact, and a member of our product team has reached out to help you through the process. We have also taken note of your thoughts on calendar printing and invoicing, and will be taking it into consideration for improvements in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team! Your continued support and feedback is appreciated.

Anonymous

MyCase is the most intuitive and easiest to navigate system I've tried out of many.

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Primarily, the ability to run my practice as a true solo, and to be able to work from anywhere and be as responsive as my clients need and expect me to be.

Pros
I like having everything in one place. Being able to access everything I need about my clients, opposing counsel, documents, billing, etc. makes it so I can follow up with my clients wherever I am. That's invaluable to me. My clients can pay online, I can send invoicing reminders, and now I can add interest. Calendaring is really a plus because when I enter it into MyCase it automatically sends to my clients and goes to outlook. One less thing for me to remember to do. I need to do better with tagging, but clients can send me discovery documents, I can send them documents to review, we can see the changes between versions. I upload the final product, and my clients get their entire case file as it progresses, and have one location where they can view everything that's happened. I also like that I can tell when a client has logged on, so if they haven't and I need them to respond, I can follow up. That eliminates the "lost in the ether" issues that crop up.

Cons
There's nothing I dislike, but there are always room for improvements. I'd love expanded searchability for documents and enhanced sorting. The trust accounting is a bit of a nightmare for me, so that can definitely be cleaned up. More than anything, I'd like them to maybe partner with some people. I'd love to be able to scan something directly from my ScanSnap to MyCase, or even have a desktop app that I could save documents to that would automatically sync with MyCase. Last, enhanced time entry would be a godsend. If I'm sending a message, it'd be nice if something popped up when I hit send to ask if I'd like to bill for it. Same for taking notes in the clients file.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for sharing how MyCase helps you run your practice more efficiently. We appreciate your thorough feedback and have passed on your suggestions to our product team! We are also happy to share that we have updated our time entry so that you can now create time entries based on messages, notes, & events.

Brianna M. Frederick

Best Business Software Around -- And We've Tried Them ALL

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Not sure who's working hard or hardly working? Can't remember how many "preferred clients" received discounts? Want to know how much of a loss you've taken on a case or by providing pro-bono work? MyCase solves all of these issues and more!

Pros
- The Customer Service representatives are 100,000/10. - Access ANYWHERE on ANY device. - Continually improving EVERY aspect to maintain its prestige position as the BEST CRM available.

Cons
The only MyCase change that I have ever disliked was the background color going from dark blue to white; it is difficult for low and limited-vision persons, like myself, to see some of the fine print details. Thank goodness for zoom!

Response from MyCase

Thank you, Brianna, for taking the time to share your positive experience! It is great to hear that MyCase is solving real-time problems for your firm. We have received your feedback on our UI design, and will take this into account with updates moving forward. We look forward to our continued partnership, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any additional feedback.

William Quick

Overall, very positive. I chose MyCase 4 years ago for its user-friendly interface for clients.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Pros
It provides an easy means of secure client communication and collaboration for those clients who have a computer and know how to use it. MyCase's payment system is affordable and hassle-free (no monthly fees and no worries about CPI compliance), and encourages faster payment by clients.

Cons
Not as beefy and versatile as in-house case management software. Files are sometimes hard to find. (A Windows Explorer-style interface would be faster and easier to look through. Suggest speeding up file list display and searching by chaching the file list and associated details to user browser.) File tagging is easy to do...but not that useful in practice. The new redesign of the client portal, while great for tiny screens, is not as user-friendly as the previous design. Clients sometimes miss new messages and comments. (Please don't change my dashboard to look like that!) One little request for the iPhone version of the client software for lawyers: Please add an alert button so I know when I have a new message/document/comment waiting, without having to fire up the app to check for these things.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Will. It is great to hear that your firm is enjoying easy client communication and payments. We'll take your constructive feedback into account as we make updates moving forward. If you have any questions or would like to provide more detail about your mobile app experience, please email us at mobile@mycase.com. We welcome any additional comments you may have about the app!

Susan M Signer

MyCase is the Most Affordable Small Law Firm Case Management Software

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-08

Pros
Affordability is one of the best benefits of MyCase. MyCase offers simple month-to-month, no contract obligation pricing a month for each attorney and /month for each paralegal. Another great benefit MyCase offers is Lawyer App which is compatible with iPhone, iPad or Adroid. Accounting features are limited within MyCase but with the ability to integrate QuickBooks, accounting is a snap. Collaborate, create, customize utilizing Legal Practice Management Tool Kit is another great feature MyCase provides to its clients. The automation software provides task template and case flows for repetitive forms via intake which is beneficial for estate planning, probate, divorce, and bankruptcy law firms. MyCase is the least expensive case management software available for law firms and would benefit small firms. Also, MyCase has been adding new features through time. You'll enjoy the time billing, firm reports, online payments, Quickbook integration, document management and collaboration features. I recommend trying the 30-day trial for free and check it out!

Cons
MyCase is the least expensive for a reason and with price, there are limits to features. MyCase is not as robust as its competitors if your law firm is medium to large. MyCase caters to small firms. If you are a firm that bills on contingency, UTBMS or LEDES, MyCase may not be for you. Also, MyCase only integrates with QuickBooks whiles others integrate with Xero too.

Response from MyCase

Hi Susan, thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear how MyCase's many features have been beneficial to your firm's productivity. We are happy to share that we now have UTBMS codes and LEDES billing to help make your invoicing process as seamless as possible. We look forward to our continued partnership and improving MyCase to meet the needs of customers like you.

Anonymous

Great experience overall.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
The people are great at customer service, I have had great experiences with Leslie Skelly, Drew, and Cat Allday. I like the Reports function and would like to see more Report options. I also like bulk exporting invoices.

Cons
The CMS functionality is great. I would suggest pinning the client to the top of the matter contacts, rather than having them appear at random in a long list. I would also suggest removing the 'Total' column from the Billing -> Account Activity section in the far right-hand column, or allowing the company to reset these figures annually. Seeing such a large 'Total' figure makes my boss angry since it accumulates over the lifetime of using MyCase and it is not helpful. Resetting the 'Total' every year would make it more useful. While the websites department is a completely different division of Mycase, I found the websites to be expensive for the services received. In other words, I would like to have better access to editing the posts and the ability to delete another user's post. (For example, we have old employees who created posts, but since they are no longer with the firm, and we do not have the logins, there is allegedly no way to delete that former employee's posts.) Each firm should be given one master user account with full privileges to allow editing all posts. Also, we should be given access to the Google Analytics tracking, since MyCase controls the data and does not share it with the client/firm. It is terrible trying to track how many monthly users we have, and we are not able to use several APIs out there due to the non-sharing protocol where we do not know the UA code and have no access whatsoever to user traffic statistics.

Nancie Williams

Great product that could use a few tweaks.

Reviewed 2018-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I am going to have to look into another credit card processing that will not link with MyCase which is frustrating but the company that MyCase has contracted with is not good at best and very expensive to our company.

Pros
The product’s google like set up is very nice. Training new employees is a breeze and the software is very intuitive so normally people have no issue catching on.I like the layout generally and the options that you have managing accounting and case files. I love how it syncs with QuickBooks almost seamlessly.

Cons
Th new layout with recent activity as the first window when you pull up a case file is the WORST idea. Very annoying. The lack of response you get as a customer is frustrating at times especially when you put ina request or comment and then get no response. The lack of ability to use other credit card processing platforms is very frustrating given that the PayPros platform is one of the way more expensive options. The app often has issues “connecting” or logging on.

Response from Emma

Hi Nancie, thank you for your review! It is great to hear that MyCase has been easy to integrate with your firm, and it looks like you have recently transitioned onto MyCase payments since writing your review. With regards to your feedback on the Recent Activity view, a member of our product team has reached out to you to hear about your experience in more detail. Listening to customer feedback is one of our top priorities, and we look forward to improving your experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Robert Siddoway

Great Platform

Reviewed 2020-05-14

I have checked out other systems over the years and MyCase checks all of the boxes except the integrations/virtual receptionist ability of other CRMs - so far I am still on board with MyCase hoping they will upgrade their ability to integrate otherwise a competitor is likely to get my business the moment they can check those other boxes for me.

Pros
I love that this software is being continuously updated. The new texting feature is fantastic. It is very user friendly and intuitive. I use it for my estate planning practice and it has become the backbone of my practice. The client portal is also important to me and my clients use it regularly to access their documents.

Cons
I do not like that there are not more integrations. There should at least be some open API integrations so things like Zapier can hook into the software. It currently lacks the ability for virtual receptionists (I use Smith.ai) to build a lead or leave notes in the system - a huge minus that seems like it would be a relatively easy fix.

Response from MyCase

Hi Robert, thank you for taking the time to review. We are happy to hear that MyCase has been able to streamline your estate practice and provide increasing value with new feature releases. A member of our product team has reached out to you to learn more about the workflow goals you are looking to accomplish through integrations. We welcome your feedback and appreciate our continued partnership.

Vicky Weernink

MyCase is good for the small or solo lawfirm

Reviewed 2017-02-28

We have tried many legal organization and calendar programs. MyCase is very easy to use and basic. Our Firm primarily uses the calendar to keep the consults, deadlines, court schedules for each attorney. The tasks are useful for myself, and I can set up due dates and keep track of what I have to do. I also put payment plan dates in there to remind me to call a client if they have not made payment. We also use the billing feature to make our invoices look better. The way mycase keeps track of incoming money isn't the best or most accurate. For example when we bill out expenses, it still shows as income. Also, when you deposit something into the Trust account in mycase, and use those funds to pay an invoice, there are some quirks. We do not use the "trust account" feature to keep track of the real IOLTA account at all. Everything is very easy to use and someone who isnt tech savvy can catch on easily as well. During the use of it, we found that the name of the event you are putting in you have to list a clients first, last name and it needs to be spelled correctly, or you can not search for it in the search bar. Even if you link a calendar event to a case, it wont show up in the search bar. We do not use the message feature or document feature, we also do not allow our clients access to their online case. We just use the program for our internal use only. Overall I would recommend this to most law firms. Our Firm has grown from 1 attorney and 2 support staff to 4 attorneys and 5 support staff. So the monthly price of the program is starting to not be affordable for a calendar program.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Bridget T. Schuster

I absolutely love MyCase. Ease of use and excellent customer service make it a must-use for solos.

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Pros
I love the timekeeper, the ability to start several timers at once, and the ease with which you can enter narratives for each time entry. Making invoices is super easy as well, and you can even (I just learned this) add your firm's logo to your invoices. The invoices look very professional, and are easy to edit and amend as needed. There is a "no charge" function for time entries you decide to write off for clients. You can also share invoices via the client portal if you'd like. I am just exploring some of the other features of MyCase, such as the task list, the calendar, and using MyCase to keep track of marketing and contacts.

Cons
I'd like to be able to view detailed time entries with narratives before creating an invoice. Maybe this exists? Right now, I create an invoice, print it out, decide what changes I want to make, then go back into the invoice and edit it.

Response from MyCase

Thank you, Bridget, for your thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that you are saving time with MyCase and finding value in new features. Also, you can now run a detailed Case Time & Expense Report and view more details on your Time Entries before creating an invoice. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or additional feedback. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Richard Herman

MyCase works hard to make you happy!

Reviewed 2019-06-18

MyCase organizes my life and relieves stress.

Pros
The software is easy and intuitive to learn and use. It offers flexibility and functionality to allow the user to practice law in an organized fashion. Customer support is the best of any software company I have used and MyCase staff actually take your suggestions for improvement and implement them when possible.

Cons
The only cons are there is not full email integration and document production could be improved.

Response from MyCase

Hi Richard, thank you for sharing how MyCase helps relieve stress and organize your firm. It is one of our primary goals here at MyCase to make sure we listen to and update based on customer feedback. A member of our product team has reached out to hear more about your thoughts on our document production process.