We own an art gallery in Canada and initiated online sales a year ago. Not long after we setup our first email campaign on ActiveTrail to offer customers registered to our loyalty program a 15% discount on online purchases. I quickly became enamored with the software. First, the campaign editor's user interface is easy to maneuvre and highly intuitive, subtly guiding you through the steps for creating a campaign. Beyond that, the system is feature rich, offering:
- an extraordinary selection of templates and designs
- storing uploaded pictures for reuse with other campaigns
- a SPAM score that tells you how likely it is that your mail will be marked as SPAM
- an integrated connection to Bigstock Photo
- Everything is responsive, letting you fit your emails to mobile screens.
As part of this first campaign, we also created a landing page using ActiveTrail's Landing Page tool to collect additional member information. Also here, the options were endless but easy to access and use. We selected a template matching the email, added a YouTube video, put in SEO keywords, and had an email sent to our marketing manager upon submission. Moreover, the system stored a list of all customers who clicked through on our page.
Then came 'Automation'. ActiveTrail recently introduced 'triggers' and 'segmentation', that allow you to have something done, e.g. send a follow up mail, for specific groups of people, in response to a user action. Here's how we made use of this feature (with tremendous success):
The vast majority of our clients, nearly 90%, are women between 25 and 60 who buy art for the companies they work for. Our few male patrons, are impulse buyers, usually purchasing original art soon after registering. We setup a variety of scenarios in ActiveTrail for this next campaign such as:
- 'Corporate women' who register online, receive a welcome mail with upcoming events and images of a few works of art based on their designated preferences. If they click on an event, they are sent an invitation to the event. If they click on a picture an email is sent to a sales person to follow up.
- When men register, private or corporate, an email is triggered to our art director so she can make personal contact.
All of this is setup once, and then handled by ActiveTrail automatically.
Summing it up, we couldn't be more satisfied with ActiveTrail and you will be doing yourself a disservice if you don't check it out.
Ease of use