AskNicely Reviews

AskNicely

Collect real-time customer feedback using the NPS framework

4.64/5 (99 reviews)

Pros
  • A big shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from their support team - just an outstanding asset to your team.Sunaina K.Read the full review
  • What I love about AskNicely is it's simplicity and the focus on NPS. And now the ability to ask permission to use comments made in the NPS question, in our marketing is simply awesome.David V.Read the full review
  • The software is very easy to setup and manage. The interface is extremely intuitive, and it is wonderful that it integrates with our marketing automation software, HubSpot.Cassity L.Read the full review
Cons
  • The think i dislike the most is the inability to manage people the away I find to be most intuitive.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Some of the integration work was not very straightforward. It is sometimes a little confusing to tell when you are looking at a subset vs. the entirety of your account.Madeline L.Read the full review
  • While its missing some key analytic features still, they are on the roadmap.Dan B.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Matt Brossard

AskNice.ly is an elegant NPS collection tool, compatible with lots of useful integrations.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

NPS surveys help us identify areas of improvement that we wouldn't otherwise hear about from our customers. AskNice.ly helps us collect, organize and summarize that feedback effectively.

Pros
We connect AskNice.ly to tools like Intercom, Zapier, and Slack in order to automate the process of collecting feedback, incentivizing NPS surveys and reporting results back to our team. It's easy to set up and it does it's thing without much maintenance.

Cons
There is nothing significant I would change in the interface or functionality. We get the appropriate value out of our membership level.

Adam Kourakis

Good solution to NPS results

Reviewed 2018-03-07

The ability to know what our customers thought of our service. It gave me the ability to make changes based on customer feedback and it gave our customers a more discreet and easy way to give feedback.

Pros
The real time responses allowed me to stay on top of the reviews I was getting. I also liked that it was able to integrate with our existing (internal) software. It made everything a one-stop-shop

Cons
The userface wasn't as appealing as other software's I've used and some of the reporting features were less advanced than other softwares I've used.

Jorge Lima

Nice, usual as expected

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Great customer response and make us on track to find out what our users really like and dislike from our product

Pros
it's a not intrusive tool which makes the user do not feel uncomfortable in do what we expect from them

Cons
Could be more visual and easy to edit, with that the designer work will be great and the integration also amazing

Élodie Mouillet

Great tool for my to-do list at work

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Efficiency for my personal tasks and avoiding forgetting some important things.

Pros
It helps me organize my tasks at work and never forgive anything. With the mobile app, I can add anything from anywhere whenever a thought comes to my mind. I can even add some sub-tasks to one task and I can organize my days with the deadlines.

Cons
The navigation through the interface can be confusing when I'm going elsewhere than my to-do list. The main menu on left is pretty useless for me and the inbox doesn't work as expected, or maybe not the way I would like it to. It sends me my everyday tasks based on deadlines. So if I planned 5 tasks for today, I receive 5 different alerts, on web and on mobile. So when a colleague share a task with me, it can be lost among all my personal alerts. Finally, I would love to share tasks more easily than just assign them to someone.

Sunaina Kaushik

Just amazing, outstanding customer service - a great product, too!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-12-04

As mentioned above - the net promoter scores we received from our clients were useful in making product related decisions. Would highly recommend ASK Nicely to others. A big shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from their support team - just an outstanding asset to your team. Cheers!

Pros
- The highlight for me for AskNicely was the customer service I received from them. Specifically, the person that I communicated with - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - was just extra ordinary. This was a pilot program that we had started and I was in charge of this at the time. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made certain that I understood the platform well, made the most of the features, and most importantly - got it right the first time! The surveys are easy to setup for the admin and easy for clients to fill out. The analytics we received from the surveys were very useful in making business decisions.

Cons
Nothing, really. As the admin for the pilot program, I was completely satisfied by the product as well as the service received.

Danica Novakovic

Overall a great product and a pleasant experience

Reviewed 2018-04-14

Pros
It was very easy to set up the and get started with the software. Importing contacts was a breeze and I loved that we could filter responses by a large number of options (including the custom fileds we imported). Support was very helpful at all times and every suggestion we had they implemented within a day. Also they helped a lot explaining the product in detail and the initial demo was very useful.

Cons
The only problem we had with the software is that we couldn't organize our surveys via separate campaigns. It was a bit confusing to have all of the contacts in one list and not have seperate segments as well as all of the feedback in one place that we couldn't keep track of the NPS from one campaign to the other.

Lukasz Kozlowski

Easy to use NPS software, which works in everyday use

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Pure data which is important for our company. Reliability - it just works without any actions from our side. And methodology gives us a good CS benchmark.

Pros
Easy to use. Good support, Data import works well. We have no problem with configuration, and onboarding new agents. It also reports data quite nice, but very minimalistic. Beats the competition. Does work for you.

Cons
It is not very responsive in the terms of error feedback. Has no alert function (NPS alerts or database alerts). Importing of data custom values could work more intuitive. Statistics should be presented in many dimensions. I would put definitely more benchmarks and know how to this software.

Jonathan Schultz

AskNicely is a rock solid NPS software

Reviewed 2018-08-23

It's be a great experience overall, got started quickly and started to get quality feedback on Day 1!

Pros
What I loved most was how easily we started receiving reviews by using the AskNicely Intercom integration. This allowed us to test the product and find out if it would fit with our solution. In addition they have turned on a new Intercom integration and we can ask directly through Intercom, which is awesome!

Cons
I wish they also had an Apple TV App :) But thats ok we ended up getting their recommended work around.

Joel DeWitt

Excellent NPS software with unique features that deliver

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-04-12

We got immediate visibility into our customer health allowing us to begin to proactively reach out and actively work to prevent churn.

Pros
Ask Nicely provides a simple tool set that let's you get up and running quickly. The ability to easily manage your NPS contacts in the system ensures you're sending surveys at the right time. Customization of the survey is simple and ensures you are asking questions dynamically based on response. However, the most important feature that made us select Ask Nicely is their workflows. The ability to automatically act based on a survey's response means we don't have to manually follow up on every survey. The system does the leg work and we reap the benefits.

Cons
My biggest issue is that unlike competitors such as Delighted, with Ask Nicely you have to pay their highest subscription price to get access to certain integrations (i.e Salesforce). The premium price really doesn't provide anything else and yet it's twice as expensive. One of the other gaps I've found are in the analytics. The filters are fairly limited with no ability to create custom filters. This means you may have to extract the data or run the report a few different times to get the data view you're looking for.

Daniel Burt

AskNicely is the best NPS software I've worked with.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Easy to use, all in one place, customer experience reporting system. Enables us to easily have conversations with our customers.

Pros
Its ease of use and nice, clean layouts. Its also really easy to respond to reviews. The automation makes a big difference and I enjoy how hands off it can be.

Cons
It's quite pricey for a small business (less than 500 surveys a month) and it still requires a bit of formatting to get our customer data into it.

Tom Okagami

Ask Nicely for internal staff NPS and external customer NPS

Reviewed 2015-08-14

I'm a product owner and manager involved with developing online web applications in the IT/ICT industry. People and customer operations are part of my portfolio so I was looking to find a NPS tool that would be quick to setup, easy to administer and nice to use. Obviously it would have to be effective. I had a choice of building our own, using a survey tool (google sheets, sgizmo, surveymonkey, wufoo etc) or something dedicated. Building would distract me from our core product offering and likely leave us with a basic but effective tool with moderate effort. Using google sheets would be very cheap, quick and easy but leave us with a bit of an administrative overhead and an average user experience. Using a sgizmo, surveymonkey or wufoo would in some cases be somewhat costly, and the administration intensive. I felt using these platforms the NPS surveys are one of many forms of surveys so the entire survey tool/product has to maintain some generic conventions. When looking for dedicated NPS platforms none of them have the contemporary ultra-designed feel of AskNicely which means that our administrative overheads are low, the product is tailored to NPS so we get digests and it has features like flow control, automatically asking NPS scores after 180 days, etc that would not be possible with generic survey tools. The pricing model is extremely accessible as for our internal staff NPS I expect we'll be entirely on the free plan. Luckily we have enough customers to justify the reasonable costs for doing our external customers. All in all I couldn't be happier. This is not only good for NPS but I've used it as a case study in design and product development. I cite the onboarding, the clean design, the bias toward beautiful functionalism. We asked them about how we could use their segmentation feature and they even improved it and pushed out the change in less than a day. Pretty amazing all round actually.

Outstanding Product, Necessary for Customer Feedback and Advocacy

Reviewed 2018-06-20

Pros
* Let me start off with the ease of use, since that probably is what sticks with me the most. Uploading contacts is a breeze, and managing campaigns could not be more direct. Managing and tracking feedback is also very intuitive, with one of the smallest learning curves I've ever experienced. * Customers can respond directly in the email, instead of having to log on or open up a survey link. This made for a much higher response rate on initial outreach from what we had previously seen. * The functionality is stellar; it performed exactly as we had wished. Individuals are tracked instead of just campaigns, which allows for year-to-year follow-up with sites and users. * You can customize the contacts, and thus the data, by any elements you wish (zip code, state, product, etc.). The data is based on your needs and what information you can provide. * Responses are easy to track, and the data displays are easy to read and readily accessible. * This provides a necessary customer feedback loop and an immediate NPS outcome. For any company or organization with a serious mind to change their culture based on user stories, this is the tool for you.

Cons
* If I had to change anything, I would like to see a larger quota of emails per month on the base plan. It can be limiting for larger groups, though I do believe they have enterprise level plans as well. That wouldn't really fit our needs, but we might want to send multiple campaigns, so the quote would be rather limiting.

Sean Case

Great Team, Great Service!

Reviewed 2015-07-19

We had recently switched to AskNicely and I've been happy with how much easier it is to organize our surveys when submitting new recipients. We're even able to customize our uploaded data for better organization! With other NPS services in the past I had to take extra steps to get my data uploaded to get that exact formatting; I had to go through step after step to get what I needed. Now I don't have to worry about a thing with AskNicely. It's simple, it's straight forward, then it's done and I can focus on looking at results. You can even receive weekly updates by email with those results, making NPS updates regularly available. The layout of their page is easy to understand and sleek. The Dashboard is very helpful with visual graphs, and it even does half of the calculations I used to do manually! We're able to filter out any segment we require for a higher degree of precision data. This is an absolute necessity for us and I'm sure it would be more than valuable for others. I'm also impressed with the breadth of other features and I'm eager to see how these can improve our overall experience, or even improve our process. The surveys themselves are visually pleasing. No 20-step process, this survey will get exactly what you require, and that's your NPS. You can schedule your surveys whenever and however you want them to be sent and in increments rather than all at once. Giving you more control over how you're heard is fantastic. To top it off, the AskNicely team is phenomenal! They're so helpful and understanding and are able to respond very quickly. They're talented and I've even had them make changes to their website (on the spot!) just to meet our needs! They're very open to new ideas for improving their service, too. Overall, these guys really deserve the 10!

Elissa Bernstein

Helps keep the support team on track

Reviewed 2017-08-08

Pros
This survey is a really fast, easy way to get continuous feedback about our product. Users answer frequently and honestly, and we use their responses to implement new features, make improvements to existing features, and learn more about our user base.

Cons
I wish it was easier to search through the responses -- it can be a little tricky to find past responses, and it would be nice to be able to search how many times a certain word came up, for example.

Maria Yermolenko

Great tool! Nothing extra. We are using it for more than a year now.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Knowing our dissatisfied customers and having an opportunity to work with them before they churn.

Pros
It is simple, basically has only one thing to do and it does it perfectly. We found out a lot of new stuff about our customers. Also it helps us understand when anyone has any problems with our tool or are dissatisfied.

Cons
A few minor issues. We did not have a 'close it' option when we were using it in-app, so a few our users became annoyed. Now we are also using the dashboard on a big screen in our room, but the numbers sometimes are not the same as I see on me desktop (and yes, I'm sure the timeframes are equal:)

Victor Pokan

The easiest way to increase line of sight to customer experience improvement opportunities

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Over the course of the past 9 months we have been able to make significant advances in understanding specific customer painpoints when doing business with us and have improved our overall NPS scores as a result.

Pros
The software is easy to use interface that can be scaled depending on the number of users or integrated with other platforms .

Cons
When integrating it will take some time to understand to relationship between various customer touchpoints and setting the rules of engagement but well worth the investment in time and effort.

Anonymous

The product actually delivers what it says it's going to deliver.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Pros
The user experience on both ends is fantastic. The support has always been responsive and they do a great job of making sure you (the customer) is very comfortable and confident. The implementation process has been one of the best that I've seen. They make sure every box gets checked!

Cons
I wish there were more customized options in the calendar as to when emails get sent. I also would like to see some different email addresses that responses are sent from, but that's being pretty critical. I guess, I'd like to see some more customization overall to better cater to our particular industry.

Trisha Tousant

Love the daily feedback

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Direct daily feedback from our members.

Pros
I love seeing feedback from our members daily. I love that I can communicate directly through the software and that I can see if/when another team member has contacted that member.

Cons
There isn't anything I don't like. However, I'm sure there is more it could do. Maybe customizable surveys for specific programs or sub groups? Also, I would like to have some benchmarks. What is considered a GOOD NPS score for an organization like mine? I can only currently compare against myself, and between my locations.

Leon Price

such a great way to have automated feedback from our members

Reviewed 2018-04-03

feedback from customers with very little effort or input on our behalf.

Pros
the automation of customer feed back. It's very hands off. Everything is taken care of automatically... The only time you need to get hands on is when a problem has been highlighted by a member.

Cons
scoring system can be a bit fluid until a large number has gone through. But it still highlights any issues.

Anonymous

Easy Interface and Works Wonders ... but is it worth the higher price than other NPS programs?

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Pros
AskNicey is easy to onboard and has a good dashboard to see high-level metrics. We use it within the recruiting industry to track the performance of our recruiters.

Cons
The analytics are lacking if you want to deep dive or find trends. We don't integrate with our CRM so uploading the excel document and exporting is cumbersome and annoying at times. The TV display of metrics is good -- but you have a lot of steps to display it and have Google Chrome bit, which is a little pricey.

Gary Richardson

A great team, a great product, and responsive to customer feedback.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Pros
What I like the most is the ease with which I can download statistics or review the dashboard. We often want to get a snapshot of data for some of our users.

Cons
I'd like the ability to segment some more when sending out surveys - we have 3 businesses, and we need to set up three accounts basically to do this currently.

Anonymous

Super easy for us, and our clients - great experience and actionable feedback

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
ease of use (for us and clients) - leads to high response rates clients can also easily give us additional feedback

Cons
no real complaints. It's super-straightforward. It might be nice to be able to segment the "send" frequency differently (more often for active clients than for referral sources, for instance)

Anonymous

Great product to use for accurate customer feedback

Reviewed 2018-01-16

Pros
The product was easy to set up, and the interface is friendly to navigate. The surveys are sweet and simple. Just a click in the email browser and the customer is done. There isn't any need for additional feedback unless the customer wants to. In the past we sent out surveys but received very little response. Since we started using Asknicely, we have seen this increase to about 30%. Our customer service experience has improved. We can collect our customer's feedback and address issues directly with them. Asknicely keeps the responses right in the system so you can refer back to them. It saves time for both the customer and the person responding to them.

Cons
It is a little bit pricey for both the app survey and email survey compared to similar products. Most of these programs are built for medium to large businesses with an established customer base. The product is suitable for small to medium-sized companies that can manage day-to-day communications with customers. If you want are you going to invest in a product like this you want to make sure that you stay on top of these surveys and address any customer issues quickly.

Emily Knippa

Great NPS product with easy features to close the feedback loop

Reviewed 2019-04-16

With AskNicely, we are better trying to determine how donors feel about our brand and about their gift. Since we don't always get to communicate to donors one-to-one, AskNicely helps us gain more insights into brand sentiment.

Pros
My favorite feature of AskNicely is its workflows for closing the feedback loop. If you may or may not connect your NPS data to a CRM, AskNicely is a great option because it has a pretty robust system in place for tracking all responses and determining how to reply to them (either through an automated message, which can be easily customized depending on audience or rating or by assigning a response to a staff member). Additionally, it's a nice feature for so many front-line staff to have access to the ratings for responding and reviewing the data relevant to their "brand." Backend is easy to navigate, and we like the customizable options for the NPS follow-up questions.

Cons
Least favorite: surveys cannot be embedded in emails that are not from AskNicely. This seems to be pretty standard across most NPS softwares, but it would be really nice to have this option for including surveys in email newsletters.

Anonymous

Simple tools that minimized NPS administrative overhead and let's you focus on the outcomes.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
Simplicity with deep capabilities if needed. This is a hard balance. Most important, they do have a client success manager that has been key to our success. They stand behind their product and they are open and action-oriented on recommendations.

Cons
In order to keep the simplicity, there are some things that become harder to do based on your organization's need for unique organizational element.